Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I’m hungry but I’m trying to lose weight.

How do I stop from wanting to binge on food at night?😭

by Anonymousreply 322December 3, 2023 11:20 PM

Sleep

by Anonymousreply 1May 7, 2022 6:38 AM

R1 is 1000% right. People who get a full nights sleep tend to eat less. And if you’re really hungry at night, just go to bed.

by Anonymousreply 2May 7, 2022 6:40 AM

Eat an entire cabbage with a little bit of feta. Volume eating is where it's at.

by Anonymousreply 3May 7, 2022 6:40 AM

I amend my suggestion slightly:

Drink a glass of water and then sleep.

by Anonymousreply 4May 7, 2022 6:44 AM

R4 I do have a small bladder.😒

by Anonymousreply 5May 7, 2022 6:51 AM

I really want a candy bar, a sandwich and potato salad!😭

by Anonymousreply 6May 7, 2022 6:51 AM

Eat a pickle.

by Anonymousreply 7May 7, 2022 6:56 AM

Or jack off.

by Anonymousreply 8May 7, 2022 6:56 AM

R7 OMG you’re right! I have a jar of pickles in the basement! Thanks for reminding me!

by Anonymousreply 9May 7, 2022 6:57 AM

Daily brisk walks help suppress appetite. The key word being BRISK. Slow, aimless walking is worthless.

by Anonymousreply 10May 7, 2022 7:03 AM

Eat some roughage, like a taco with cabbage in it.

by Anonymousreply 11May 7, 2022 7:08 AM

Fruit

by Anonymousreply 12May 7, 2022 7:10 AM

Promise yourself a big breakfast and then realize the quickest way to get to the big breakfast is to go to sleep right now.

by Anonymousreply 13May 7, 2022 7:14 AM

I had 3 pickles and that helped a lot. But I’m still craving real food.

by Anonymousreply 14May 7, 2022 7:20 AM

SLEEP, fool.

by Anonymousreply 15May 7, 2022 7:22 AM

R15 I’m not tired.😕

by Anonymousreply 16May 7, 2022 7:22 AM

OP, do you want your family, friends and co-workers to continue to make fun of your looks behind your back? Stay out of the kitchen and anywhere else around your home you have stashed food for easy access.

by Anonymousreply 17May 7, 2022 7:26 AM

I bought a new flavor of frozen yogurt, peaches and cream, earlier, and all I can think of is it sitting there unopened in the freezer.

by Anonymousreply 18May 7, 2022 7:28 AM

Stop buying that shit. Buy roughage.

by Anonymousreply 19May 7, 2022 7:35 AM

Take off your shirt and stand infront of a mirror if you're hungry.

Point your chin towards your chest and see how many chins you have.

Now go have a lettuce leaf and a cigarette.

by Anonymousreply 20May 7, 2022 7:36 AM

Ask yourself "what would Chrissie Metz do?", then do the opposite.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21May 7, 2022 7:46 AM

I recently met with a dietician and while we were going over goals, she said I needed to start eating breakfast (which I’ve never been able to do) and she suggested I need more protein so a protein shake for breakfast. I grimaced because I told her previously I don’t like sweets and the thought of a chocolate, strawberry, or French vanilla shake for breakfast sounded 🤢.

She said, well that’s ok, they have savory options now, like chicken. And I stared at her and said, chicken, like a creamy, milky, chicken shake?

Apparently it’s more like a thick warm broth.

But she also asked me what I ate for snacks and I said apples. Just apples, clementines, pears, and grapes. Good right? She said, oooh that’s a lot of sugar. And she made me pick alternatives so now I’m only allowed to eat baby cucumbers and green beans as snacks.

by Anonymousreply 22May 7, 2022 7:49 AM

Take a sleeping pill and go to bed. Cabbage and feta plus water is a horrible combo and will have you running to the John all night.

by Anonymousreply 23May 7, 2022 7:49 AM

R22 I thought sugar was fine as long as it was natural?😳

by Anonymousreply 24May 7, 2022 7:52 AM

I’m so hungry but I don’t want to end up looking like Divine.🙁

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25May 7, 2022 7:54 AM

R23, the fat is shat, and that is a fact.

by Anonymousreply 26May 7, 2022 7:58 AM

I want a candy bar 🍫, a sandwich 🥪 , and potato salad with a glass of milk 🥛!

😭

by Anonymousreply 27May 7, 2022 7:59 AM

I shouldn’t have went to the grocery store yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 28May 7, 2022 8:00 AM

[quote] R22] I thought sugar was fine as long as it was natural?😳

Like everything, it’s fine in moderation. But she was a dietician and all about eating as much protein and green vegetables and eliminating as much sugar as possible, so she thought I was eating too much fruit. 🤷🏻

by Anonymousreply 29May 7, 2022 8:10 AM

My solution for getting more protein into my diet was spicy V-8 with a splash of Worcestershire and hot sauce, with a scoop of pea protein and a couple spicy, pickled green beans, lemon and lime wedges, and a stalk of celery.

I was on an early morning work zoom and instinctively picked it up to take a sip and someone said “are you drinking a Bloody Mary at 9am at work?!” And I calmly replied, no, it’s a protein shake.

Still waiting to hear from HR about that, though.

by Anonymousreply 30May 7, 2022 8:15 AM

[quote] R22]] I thought sugar was fine as long as it was natural?😳

Oh, I forgot to mention. She asked how many apples I was eating and I said, four. At a time.

And her eyes got real wide.

by Anonymousreply 31May 7, 2022 8:19 AM

Smoke

by Anonymousreply 32May 7, 2022 8:21 AM

A small cup of tea or bowl of broth. Maybe a fiber biscuit. Warm liquid can have a satiating effect on the stomach, but obviously not too much liquid at night.

by Anonymousreply 33May 7, 2022 8:24 AM

I wish Rescue Chick was here to tell me “calories shmalories” like she has said in the past so I could have permission to be a pig.

I’m going to finally going to try going to bed since I’m finally starting to feel tired.

by Anonymousreply 34May 7, 2022 8:30 AM

You sort of need to feel hungry to lose weight. So learn to tolerate a little hunger once in a while. Good luck losing your extra weight. It’s way harder to lose it than to gain it.

by Anonymousreply 35May 7, 2022 8:39 AM

Sweet dreams, OP.

Nigella knows her shit and this is truly a wonderful salad. For later.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36May 7, 2022 8:41 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37May 7, 2022 8:43 AM

I could never do what Christian Bale and other actors do. Put on 70 lbs for a role and then take it off like it was nothing? Ten years and I’d be lucky to lose 20 lbs.

He’s gonna die of a massive coronary event.

by Anonymousreply 38May 7, 2022 8:45 AM

Carbs will make you hungry. Cut them out.

by Anonymousreply 39May 7, 2022 8:51 AM

It’s hard to cope with being uncomfortable but it’s necessary for your goals. Eat protein and sparkling water.

by Anonymousreply 40May 7, 2022 9:47 AM

God, you guys are slow, go suck some dick, it'll take your mind off food 😜

by Anonymousreply 41May 7, 2022 9:51 AM

Eating is just a habit. The more you avoid it, the more it becomes easier to avoid.

Just stick with the limited eating and your body will get used to it.

by Anonymousreply 42May 7, 2022 10:01 AM

[quote] "Promise yourself a big breakfast and then realize the quickest way to get to the big breakfast is to go to sleep right now."

And then walk to and from the restaurant where you intend to have that breakfast.

by Anonymousreply 43May 7, 2022 10:25 AM

R22/R31 aww your diet sounds ok to me, quite nice actually.

Until you said you didn’t like sugary sweet foods, I was going to call you a Fae. People with Fae blood crave confections, and need sugar to maintain emotional balance.

by Anonymousreply 44May 7, 2022 10:28 AM

As someone with disordered eating habits and depressive tendencies going back years, questions and thread like these really stump me. Reflexively and despite knowing better, I’m just like idk only eat one meal? Intermittently fast til past noon? Eat a spoon of peanut butter? Drink Sun Tea until you shit blood?🤷‍♀️

by Anonymousreply 45May 7, 2022 10:31 AM

[quote] "Eating is just a habit. The more you avoid it, the more it becomes easier to avoid. Just stick with the limited eating and your body will get used to it."

This is actually very true. The less you eat, the easier it becomes over time. Just avoid developing an eating disorder.

by Anonymousreply 46May 7, 2022 10:32 AM

Some people live to eat and others eat to live. Be the later. I'm so glad I was never much of a foodie

by Anonymousreply 47May 7, 2022 10:45 AM

Always know when I’m in my follicular phase, because my usual low appetite suddenly flames up, so I graze all day and want to eat everything in sight (sometimes gross or primal things). Just the body’s ancient way of saying, “feed and protect these eggs!”, I guess.

This probably isn’t an issue for OP, though.

by Anonymousreply 48May 7, 2022 10:52 AM

^ As soon as my jeans get tight I automatically shut down the eating. It's not even a conscious effort, when I'm feeling bloated and uncomfortable I just stop eating

by Anonymousreply 49May 7, 2022 10:56 AM

Life is a banquet

by Anonymousreply 50May 7, 2022 11:21 AM

^ Yeah of dicks and ass 😜

by Anonymousreply 51May 7, 2022 11:22 AM

What are the FAT WHORES doing up so early on a Saturday morning?

by Anonymousreply 52May 7, 2022 11:30 AM

I think meth is very effective for weight loss but the schizophrenic episodes won't be worth it. Just stick to high protein/high fat/low carb diet plan, OP. And only 2-3 meals with no snacks or brunches in between.

by Anonymousreply 53May 7, 2022 11:44 AM

Drink some La Croix, sweetie.

by Anonymousreply 54May 7, 2022 12:09 PM

@r52, "What are the FAT WHORES doing up so early on a Saturday morning? "

Making waffles 😛

by Anonymousreply 55May 7, 2022 12:19 PM

@r53, "but the schizophrenic episodes won't be worth it"

Now wait just a minute, ever see a fat schizo? 🤔

by Anonymousreply 56May 7, 2022 12:21 PM

What works for me is vividly imagining that whatever food I’m craving has been covered in ants, touched by dirty hands, etc. I lose my appetite pronto.

by Anonymousreply 57May 7, 2022 1:06 PM

^ Yeah, that keeps me out of most restaurants

by Anonymousreply 58May 7, 2022 1:17 PM

Go to bed early. That’s the only thing that works for me.

by Anonymousreply 59May 7, 2022 1:34 PM

Hi Op Sleep is of course a great idea, but if you’re really hungry or feeling the cravings, you can’t sleep. I know what you’re going through. You’re hungry even if you’ve eaten, you find yourself eating food you don’t even want I. Order to feel “right” the cravings for carbs, sugar etc is making you nuts. I went through all of this. I made an appointment at my local hospital‘s obesity clinic. You should too. Don’t be turned off by the word obesity, it’s just a word. I’m not THAT fat and you probably aren’t either, but that’s the place with the people who have the skills and knowledge to treat this. It IS a medical issue. I was told the problem is with stabilizing my blood sugar levels, it bounces around and that’s what causes my problems. There are a number of medications you can take, most are oral. I opted for an injectable called Victoza. Victoza is normally used by diabetics as an adjunct to insulin. It’s used to stabilize blood sugar levels and is safe for non diabetics to take. It comes in a pen. You twist on a needle assembly- it’s a teeny tiny barely there needle. You twist the end of the pen to the proper dosage and then push on it to do the injection. The needle assembly then twists off and you toss it out. I can’t emphasize enough how easy and painless this is. AND IT WORKS! I’ve been using it for three months now. Lost 25 pounds and counting. Cravings gone, constant hunger gone, eating to feel “right” gone. Victoza does not make you lose weight, only you can make you lose weight. What it does is level the playing field so you can do what you need to in order to lose weight. Anyway, you probably think you’re issues with hungar and cravings are your fault and you blame yourself. The fact is, what they are is a medical issue so treat it as such. Make the appointment. As I said there are a number of medications you can use. They talked to me about all of them and let me choose what I thought would be best for me. Good luck! I never thought dealing with my cravings would be so doable. I was so tired of going to war every day with my body. Who knew the solution was to easy?!

by Anonymousreply 60May 7, 2022 4:56 PM

Wow, R60, thanks a bunch!

by Anonymousreply 61May 7, 2022 5:04 PM

OP, stop eating flour products, chips, sugar and alcohol.

The pounds will literally melt off.

by Anonymousreply 62May 7, 2022 5:07 PM

R61 R60 here. You’re welcome! R62 You are of course 100 percent correct, but if cravings get in the way it’s impossible to do this for more than a few days. I tried to treat this as nutrition thing, eat healthy and all will be well, but it just didn’t work - and this is someone who LIKES water packed tuna from the can, someone for whom low fat cottage cheese with some cucumber slices is a favorite snack! It just wasn’t helping with the cravings. Not that I’m doing Victoza, I can eat healthy, avoid all the bad stuff you mentioned and yes, the weight melts off.

by Anonymousreply 63May 7, 2022 5:18 PM

I drink green tea throughout the day.

by Anonymousreply 64May 7, 2022 5:28 PM

R60 do you self-inject Victroza daily or EOD? Weekly? And in what dose?

Can confirm that SI sounds scary but isn’t, as someone who does it with liquid cobalamin 4 times a week (for neuropathy of as-yet unknown origin). After the first several to dozen squeamish attempts, it becomes second nature and nbd.

by Anonymousreply 65May 7, 2022 5:30 PM

Start knitting. Tom Daley is not fat, now is he?

by Anonymousreply 66May 7, 2022 5:40 PM

Do keto.

by Anonymousreply 67May 7, 2022 5:42 PM

It takes quite a while to retrain your body not to eat crap. Our food is processed with things that make us crave it. What you need to do is walk daily, drink 5 to 8 glasses of water, consume more salads and vegetables and get a decent nights sleep. If you do this you can build good habits. You have to want to stop eating donuts….. The rest is just whining. Get to work princess.

by Anonymousreply 68May 7, 2022 5:46 PM

OP, start counting calories of everything you eat.

Once you do that, it’s easier to convince yourself that “one harmless snack” is not harmless.

by Anonymousreply 69May 7, 2022 5:48 PM

If you're hungry you're either not eating enough calories or what you're eating isn't nutritious enough.

by Anonymousreply 70May 7, 2022 5:52 PM

Eat string cheese every time you want a snack.

by Anonymousreply 71May 7, 2022 6:03 PM

Slices of Pink Lady, to satiate the apetite.

by Anonymousreply 72May 7, 2022 8:16 PM

Make a big batch of soup. You can have it for dinner and during the day if you go hungry.

If the weather is too hot have a green salad instead, and snack on things like carrot sticks or cucumber. I like to snack on green apple slices sprinkled with salt and red chili powder.

by Anonymousreply 73May 7, 2022 8:40 PM

There is this famous cabbage soup in Eastern Europe that helos with weight loss and hunger pangs. Basically, you grate one cabbage, some carrots, celery, parsley, grated tomatoes (added 15 minutes before end of boiling) and whatever spices you prefer. Boil until veggues are soft, refrigerate and eat every time you feel hungry between meals. It's a vitamin bomb, not bad tasting and it really fills you up, especially if you warm it up before consumption. It also helps to lose any retained fluids.

by Anonymousreply 74May 7, 2022 9:22 PM

R29 bear in mind that many dieticians and nutritionists have eating disorders. A good one who is healthy and eats intuitively is worth their salt, but for every one of those there's three who are not.

by Anonymousreply 75May 7, 2022 9:30 PM

[quote][R22]/[R31] aww your diet sounds ok to me, quite nice actually. Until you said you didn’t like sugary sweet foods, I was going to call you a Fae. People with Fae blood crave confections, and need sugar to maintain emotional balance.

Yeah, I thought I ate pretty healthy, but was quite slightly (ever so slightly) anemic and got referred to the dietician.

I was a long-time vegetarian but always careful about (thinking) I was getting enough protein. I quit being a vegetarian more than 10 years ago, but still will eat like one a lot of the time. Hardly ever eat red meat, and probably had too many starchy vegetables. So the protein is supposed to help absorption of iron and I need to eat more green leafies like spinach and kale (which I already did).

But I’m curious about Fae people eating. If I ate more sweets, would I develop microwave hands and attract vampire lovers like Sookie Stackhouse? Because I’m not opposed.

by Anonymousreply 76May 7, 2022 9:34 PM

Get yourself some amphetamines! They give you energy, lower your appetite, perk up your mood, and get a sluggish metabolism moving.

by Anonymousreply 77May 7, 2022 9:35 PM

Drink water. Sometimes, you're actually thirsty when you think you're hungry.

by Anonymousreply 78May 7, 2022 9:39 PM

OP here. I haven’t eaten since those pickles last night and I’m only going to have a sandwich and some potato salad for dinner this evening and that will be it for the day (no candy bar 😕).

I’ll have to try those recipes some of you posted.

by Anonymousreply 79May 7, 2022 9:45 PM

Ah, protein. My straight weightlifting sister is always telling me to get more. I'm a meat and dairy-eater (goat's milk more or less daily, where money permits organic local grassfed meat a few times a week), plus I like my peas and fish and nuts regularly too, so idk how I can be deficient? Yet she's insistent that I am, and that I desperately need a daily disgusting shake to supplement. Am sceptical, but open to someone changing my mind with convincing evidence.

by Anonymousreply 80May 7, 2022 10:07 PM

R80, it really depends on whether you're training and how intensely. A heavy-duty weighlifter and a normal person have very different protein needs. But if you want, spirulina is a great source of protein. You can drink it as tea or put it in your salad, it tastes like nothing.

by Anonymousreply 81May 7, 2022 10:15 PM

Learn to have your biggest meals for breakfast and lunch and your lightest meal for dinner. Do not have any snacks after dinner. Once your body adapts to this you won't be hungry at night and you will lose weigh more efficiently.

by Anonymousreply 82May 8, 2022 1:44 AM

I binged tonight. I ate two sandwiches, two servings of potato salad, had a soda, a candy bar, some candy, and some potato chips.😑

Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 83May 8, 2022 6:56 AM

There's no "in training" about it R83.

You're a [bold]fat whore[/bold].

by Anonymousreply 84May 8, 2022 7:02 AM

I stopped being ravenous at night after I started eating a proper breakfast.

by Anonymousreply 85May 8, 2022 8:41 AM

Ignore what you want and eat what you need.

by Anonymousreply 86May 8, 2022 8:43 AM

Is there a vitamin or something that inspires hunger in the morning rather than night? I never want food until noon, it seems unappealing and sickening before then. Plus I am usually sluggish and unmotivated in the mornings to do anything, let alone fight my roommates just to get a little kitchen space and time. Yes, being depressed and living like a lodger doesn’t help, but I think I’ve never liked morning meals much. Brunch is ok, though.

by Anonymousreply 87May 8, 2022 12:32 PM

^ Me too, the thought of food makes me sick until I've been up a couple of hours 🤮

by Anonymousreply 88May 8, 2022 1:05 PM

I've lost almost 39 pounds since June. It takes a long time for the cravings to fade but they never go away completely. When I still get a craving I say FUCK MY CRAVINGS and I just wait for the craving to pass - it does quickly in less than an hour. I weigh myself EVERYDAY that has made a big difference in keeping the weight off. If my weight is up the in the morning I cut back on my calories for that day.

It never stops being a struggle and it is hard work but it's worth it.

by Anonymousreply 89May 8, 2022 1:25 PM

Beauty is pain.

Accept this fact, and you'll be fine.

by Anonymousreply 90May 8, 2022 1:47 PM

I don’t eat breakfast and frequently go to 4 pm before lunch (which also serves as dinner). I’m told it’s so unhealthy, but I can’t control what my stomach wants and doesn’t want.

On the rare occasion I do eat breakfast, I’ll end up skipping lunch and doing something really miserable like eating dinner at 11:30 pm.

by Anonymousreply 91May 8, 2022 3:58 PM

R91

What you are doing is intermittent fasting and who the fuck is telling you it it is not healthy?

by Anonymousreply 92May 8, 2022 4:25 PM

Eating most of your daily intake late and going to sleep with a full stomach counteracts any benefits intermittent fasting would have.

by Anonymousreply 93May 9, 2022 1:17 AM

🤣 Not MY problem, bitches !

by Anonymousreply 94May 9, 2022 1:23 AM

I'm the same as R91--I don't have an appetite during the day, but am always hungry after 7:00.

by Anonymousreply 95May 9, 2022 2:56 AM

OP here. At midnight, I’m officially going to get serious again and go back to my diet. I’ve been going through a stressful time and that was why I was binging. But I’m determined to get back on track now. I’ll keep you all updated.

by Anonymousreply 96May 9, 2022 3:02 AM

Drink a ton of water, but not enough to permanently expand your stomach. Drink diet sodas and 0 calorie energy drinks when you’re tired. Munch on oatcakes when you’re hungry. Smoke cigarettes.

- Eating disorders are a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 97May 9, 2022 3:31 AM

[quote]I don’t eat breakfast and frequently go to 4 pm before lunch

Eat a piece of cheese during that time. It’s good protein and it’ll fill you up til dinner.

by Anonymousreply 98May 9, 2022 4:08 AM

Put the EDIBLES down.

by Anonymousreply 99May 9, 2022 4:53 AM

I live by the saying “Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels”. You should do the same OP.

by Anonymousreply 100May 9, 2022 1:52 PM

Stop lying R93 it does not. I eat at 9 every night and go to bed at 11 and you can file your nails on my stomach.

by Anonymousreply 101May 9, 2022 2:53 PM

R101 There is a woman at my job who is around age 60 and eats a bagel with cream cheese every morning and yet is as thin as a rail. That doesn't work that way for 90% of people.

by Anonymousreply 102May 10, 2022 12:25 AM

Helps having Saturn rising. I have it in my natal astrology, and though I'm not skinny, I have a low appetite, and even at my biggest and slobbiest and most greedy can't seem go over a certain weight. A tendency to prefer dry, bland and healthy foods. It also makes me look lighter, bonier and skinnier that I actually am in reality.

by Anonymousreply 103May 10, 2022 12:27 AM

Bone broth

by Anonymousreply 104May 10, 2022 12:50 AM

R102 so your contention is that one cannot eat at night nor in the morning?

Who are these 90% and from what studies are you getting your statistics?

by Anonymousreply 105May 10, 2022 5:33 AM

OP here. Believe it or not I lost a pound! And I only ate dinner last night - no snacks or other meals. Let’s hope I lost another pound in the morning when I weigh myself.🤞🏼

by Anonymousreply 106May 10, 2022 6:29 AM

R106 the first 3 or so pounds are water weight as your fat cells begin the shrinking process. Keep it up.

by Anonymousreply 107May 11, 2022 8:23 AM

OP, you really should ask your doctor for some amphetamines. If he won’t give them to you, find one who will. They really are the answer. My mother took them for years and years. She was always very trim.

by Anonymousreply 108May 11, 2022 10:31 AM

Stick to eating low carb foods. I’ve lost a ton of weight during Covid. I eat at night. No daytime appetite. Keep your carbs under 100 a day. WALK! Get ten thousand steps. An hour and a half a day. You can do this. It’s all about focus. I haven’t been thin since I was a kid. I’ll NEVER GO BACK TO BEING FAT. I want to Liiiiiiiive!

by Anonymousreply 109May 11, 2022 11:10 AM

Try Michael Moseley’s book The Fast 800. It has really worked for me. I’ve had weight problems all my life, but I look and feel so much better since following this regime. It has been a huge success in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 110May 11, 2022 11:27 AM

Chew gum

by Anonymousreply 111May 11, 2022 1:47 PM

OP/R79 Ditch the sammies for awhile, at least until you near your goal. Make a lettuce or cabbage wrap instead. I had some chicken salad yesterday, and really wanted bread, but I resisted. Didn't miss the bread once I began eating. In place of candy bars, choose a Munk Pack bar, or other Keto bar with no added sugar. Many are as good as candy, once you adjust your palate.

Potato salad, and milkshakes with ice cream should be out of your rotation as well. Have either a weight-loss sugar free shake, or protein powder if you're working out.

Drink as much unsweetened tea and water as you can. Coffee as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112May 11, 2022 3:24 PM

take laxatives

by Anonymousreply 113May 11, 2022 3:29 PM

Believe me, OP, you can drop 75kg right quick if you're really motivated. Or if you're about to get slapped with a cancellation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114May 11, 2022 3:33 PM

chew and then spit it out. don't swallow.

by Anonymousreply 115May 11, 2022 3:38 PM

Look up “ghrelin” and “the hunger hormone.”

You may find it easier to wait out the times that your ghrelin levels are high once you know and understand what’s going on in your body.

by Anonymousreply 116May 11, 2022 3:41 PM

OP These are delicious as well, and the chocolate varieties are similar in flavour to BarNone candy bars.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117May 11, 2022 3:42 PM

^sorry, from R112

by Anonymousreply 118May 11, 2022 3:44 PM

Buy a jar of unsalted, roasted peanuts. When you feel starving, pour out a *small* portion in a separate dish, close the lid, and put the container away. Eat the peanuts, one at a time. When done, drink some water. In a short while, you won't feel hungry and will have consumed only a small amount of calories, mostly protein, no starch, no sugar. It works.

by Anonymousreply 119May 11, 2022 3:48 PM

It works means only it worked for R119, not that it will work for you.

Every body is different. On keto I feel like I am starving to death. What 'works' for me are carbs, even two saltines. I need that starch to feel satiated. You need to find what 'works' for you.

by Anonymousreply 120May 11, 2022 8:42 PM

What's the update OP? you lose any pounds?

by Anonymousreply 121May 14, 2022 8:44 PM

r119 I usually avoid peanuts and other nuts when trying to lose weight. That method works if you are very disciplined and only eat a small portion. Most people eat way over the recommended serving size and plus they are high in calories.

by Anonymousreply 122May 14, 2022 8:57 PM

OP, the simple answer is to cut carbs. Once your liver burns up the stored sugar and starts burning fat for fuel, your hunger pangs go away. And it only takes about 2-3 days before you're not really hungry at all.

by Anonymousreply 123May 14, 2022 9:01 PM

Peanuts are actually a legume, not a nut. It's better to eat healthier nuts with low or no sodium like almonds, brazil nuts, hazelnuts, macadamia, pecans as they are higher in omega 3 fatty-acids which are better if you want to lose weight and reduce inflammation.

by Anonymousreply 124May 14, 2022 9:03 PM

Fiber pills. Take 5 before each meal and you won't be as hungry. And you'll poop better, too.

by Anonymousreply 125May 14, 2022 9:09 PM

Re all the nut wisdom above, I'm the one who eats a CAPFUL of peanuts, unsalted, no sugar, to stave off hunger. There is no problem with it getting "out of control," because the container is safely closed and put away before any peanuts are eaten. The peanuts are eaten ONE at a time. I have not eaten a meal of any kind, including peanuts, after 2 p.m., period for over 100 days. I have lost 47 pounds since January 23, 3 and a half months. Talk about "what works" all you want, I've lost the fucking weight and I fully intend to keep on going with it. -R119

by Anonymousreply 126May 14, 2022 10:27 PM

R126, so you eat between what time?

by Anonymousreply 127May 14, 2022 10:36 PM

R125 Here's a bottom who knows what he's talking about. But PLEASE make sure you drink enough water if you start popping fiber pills.

by Anonymousreply 128May 14, 2022 10:39 PM

[quote] a CAPFUL of peanuts

How much is that? U.S. measurements are so confusing. Taken me years to figure out what a 'cup' means.

by Anonymousreply 129May 14, 2022 10:40 PM

^Weirdly enough, I go to bed hungry as hell every night (you do get used to it, incredibly), and then when I wake up early in the morning, I don't feel hungry (at all) for a few hours. I usually eat breakfast around 10, and I make sure that I've finished "lunch" (which is really dinner now, a complete, but normal-size meal) by 2:30. So I'm only eating between about a 6 hour window. I started this out of frustration, after having gone on a good diet the Monday after New Years, no alcohol, no junk food, and exercise an hour every day: after 3 weeks of that, I had lost 3 fucking pounds, so I pitched an inner tantrum and decided to just stop eating supper, just to see what would happen. I lost 20 pounds the first month...It's no party, but it sure is getting the damn job done. -R119

by Anonymousreply 130May 14, 2022 10:43 PM

^I ended up cutting starches out of my diet, because they induce blood sugar/hunger crashes. No sugar, no desserts, I've had 2 beers in 4 months, that's it for alcohol. It takes a LOT LESS food now to make me feel stuffed, too. It's a weird, but interesting experience, and I had never considered something like this, ever, nor have I EVER willingly missed a meal in my life until now.

by Anonymousreply 131May 14, 2022 10:46 PM

r130, I can't go to bed hungry, it's so miserable. I do pretty much the inverse and fast in the mornings, it works better for me. I dont feel as much hunger when I'm at work because Im occupied. I have coffee and tea in the morning, and small snack for lunch. I've never really cared for lunch; I don't get my colleagues who go out for large sumptuous lunches several times a week. Its such an interruption to my workday and Im sleepy for the rest of the afternoon after consuming a large meal. I prefer to have a nice full dinner at home where I can enjoy it and its also healthier when I prepare my own food.

by Anonymousreply 132May 15, 2022 1:10 AM

Order phentermine off the internet. It's like an anaesthetic for the appetite.

by Anonymousreply 133May 15, 2022 1:12 AM

R126

And I have lost it and kept it off while eating bread, pasta and rice, in limited quantity.

Peanuts work for you, a slice of buttered toast works for me.

by Anonymousreply 134May 15, 2022 7:35 AM

OP here. I had been doing good and eating reasonably, but I binged again this weekend! I’m starting to realize these binges mostly happen on weekends when I’m not busy and have nothing to keep me occupied. Oh well. I’ll try to go back to being good on Monday.

by Anonymousreply 135May 15, 2022 7:46 AM

A wee tip from me. Brush your teeth earlier than normal. I often find that I wanna have a cookie or something around 8pm which is bad and unnecessary. So instead of brushing my teeth prior to bed, ill brush my teeth at 8pm instead. Because I find that such a chore, it puts me off having something to eat as I don't want to have to brush my teeth again.

by Anonymousreply 136May 15, 2022 8:38 AM

I have no problem brushing my teeth again but I would rather a glass of wine before bed than a cookie.

by Anonymousreply 137May 15, 2022 9:02 AM

Lost a fair bit of weight during lockdowns, due to a health issue (neuropathy), under-eating from stress, and unwitting IF/calorie deficit (too depressed and anxious to eat often or enough). Bit of a fraught experience, and left me with unhealthy hair & brittle crumbling nails, social problems, and poor mood as well as another agoraphobic spell—but hey, at least I looked skinny and cute!

Am gradually putting it back on now. Might cut wheat out again or go back to eating only between 12/1PM-7PM, see how I do.

by Anonymousreply 138May 15, 2022 12:00 PM

Another good tip for boosting your metabolism, if you work at a desk all day, is to try to go out and do a 10-minute walk every 2 hours. Ten minutes doesn't seem like much but cumulatively it will activate whatever it is that makes you hungry during the day. I do one hour of hard exercise 6 days a week, but during the work week, I try to get in 4 or 5 of those 10 minute walks every day also. It makes a difference.

by Anonymousreply 139May 15, 2022 12:04 PM

Take a look in the mirror OP.

by Anonymousreply 140May 15, 2022 12:08 PM

I have tied to replace my snacks with healthie choices. And I measure things. So there are no potato chips in my house. I have a bag of almonds and I'll have about 7-8 as a snack. I have crackers. I have celery sticks. Believe me 3-4 crackers will satisfy. No cheese at night. I buy multi grain high fiber bread. I might have a piece of toast and a small cup of tea. I use whipped cream cheese instead of butter. I may eat a very small bowl of cereal. One that has high fiber and very low sugar like Grapenuts or honey nut cheerios. Three inches of a banana. A few slices of an apple. Sometimes I'll eat a half of a medium sized Granny Smith with a tablespoon of peanut butter. Good peanut butte that's made with peanuts so not Jif. I get Trader Joes own peanut butter. It's less than $3 a jar and it is peanuts. No sugar or additives. Almond butter is good too. It's about choices.

by Anonymousreply 141May 15, 2022 12:11 PM

One more thing. A cup of bullion and three or four crackers is also a good snack.

by Anonymousreply 142May 15, 2022 12:21 PM

Stick to anti-inflammatory and neutral/alkaline foods. No acids, musts, preservatives or sugars. A very bland and tasteless diet.

It’s how pro-atheletes stay so slim. It’s all plain chicken and green leaves, no dressing, flavoured water etc.

by Anonymousreply 143May 15, 2022 12:47 PM

What bullshit you spout R143.

by Anonymousreply 144May 15, 2022 3:42 PM

OP, hunger is a moral defect.

You must learn to despise food, and only eat it in small enough quantities to sustain basic health and not descend into anorexia.

by Anonymousreply 145May 15, 2022 3:56 PM

A lot of good advice on this thread, but giving up drinking...it's one of my few coping mechanisms left! I know it's for the best, but whenever I quit drinking, I miss it like crazy (pathetic, I know..)

by Anonymousreply 146May 16, 2022 3:18 PM

^It's true of most everyone. The older you get, the harder it becomes to lose weight if you drink. I went on a "no-carb" diet for a while, no starches, no sugar, etc., and allowed myself to have TWO mixed drinks on Saturdays, and that was it for alcohol. Exercising at least an hour a day, weights and jogging. The result: No weight lost. If I cut out those 2 drinks, weight would come down 1 to 1.5 pounds a week. It's illogical, the 2 drinks were probably 800 calories, but that's how it went long enough for me to learn that if I wanted to lose the weight, the alcohol (including wine with dinner) HAD to go.

by Anonymousreply 147May 16, 2022 3:35 PM

I took the advice of someone on DL months back and just stopped eating sugar. That is the only change I made and the pounds fell off. Give it a try. If you are hungry at night open a can of black olives.

by Anonymousreply 148May 16, 2022 3:50 PM

Alcohol is FULL of "sugar." Beer has a higher glycemic index than table sugar, it is just about the "sweetest" food people consume, in terms of how rapidly it is converted into glucose in the bloodstream

by Anonymousreply 149May 16, 2022 3:54 PM

I concur with the booze statement.

If you want to lose weight, cut out ALL alcohol. No exceptions.

You also have to cut out all simple carbs (sugar, flour products, any kind of chip.)

But a lot of dieters binge on fruit. CUT OUT ALL FRUIT TOO. It acts just like sugar in your body.

Cut out potatoes too (and anything made from potatoes: chips, tots, fries, etc.)

Cut out all processed/prepared foods. Nothing from a can. No frozen dinners.

Your diet should basically be meat, eggs, and a sprinkling of vegetables. You can also add some full-fat cheese and cream, but in moderation.

And avoid all artificial sweeteners, especially in diet sodas. They mess up your system.

If you're tempted to eat something bad, pinch the roll of fat on your stomach. Use fear to help you.

Brush your teeth early in the evening so you will feel guilty if you eat after that.

Take a walk after dinner.

Don't sit in front of the TV or computer or phone all night.

Drink water and read a book.

Tell yourself you are a thin person.

Make it part of your identity.

Learn to despise body fat.

Become obsessed, but not anorexic.

Make these permanent life changes.

Drop all friends who are overweight.

by Anonymousreply 150May 16, 2022 4:00 PM

What bullshit R150. There are men who have rock hard visible abs in Italy who dine on pasta and wine with regularity.

Americans are just pigs.

by Anonymousreply 151May 16, 2022 4:02 PM

[QUOTE] There are men who have rock hard visible abs in Italy who dine on pasta and wine with regularity.

Have you ever seen a middle-aged Italian man?

Believe me, the wine and pasta catches up with you.

After 35, very few Italian men can see their abs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152May 16, 2022 4:08 PM

^All the ones I know in the US are corpulent, plain and simple.

by Anonymousreply 153May 16, 2022 4:10 PM

Don't confuse Italian men with American Italian men.

by Anonymousreply 154May 16, 2022 4:13 PM

[quote] Don't sit in front of the TV or computer or phone all night.

This is the one that gets me.

As my appetite is small and I'm depressive, I undereat anyway, and find it easy to stay away from food. Long walks by myself daily are a pleasure for me, as I'm ia loner, ntroverted and depressive. Plenty of water and tea gets into my system, because I can't digest coffee and sugary drinks taste gross to me.

But, being someone who is avoidant, shy, poor at coping with intimacy/spontaneity/human nature and all that, I find that the bulk of my social time comes from the internet, and that the most downtime time I get in the day to indulge is at night. In general I prefer nighttime, anyway, because it's quiet and dark and sensorily-calm, and I don't have to interact with anyone. So the whole 'early to bed, early to rise, screens off by 9PM' thing is so difficult for me to do--I've tried before, and I just end up agitated and pacing around, glitching out, or if it's night lying there staring into the void of my depression after finishing a whole book.

Sadly, these hours are screwing up my metabolism, meaning that no matter how little I eat or how much I do in the daytime, I still have a belly. This isn't good for my body or mind, I know, but living with the tension and anxiety and constant misery of the 7-10 early bird will kill me faster.

by Anonymousreply 155May 16, 2022 4:39 PM

Sometimes we think we want to eat something when we are actually thirsty and if we drink a mug of bullion, or some tea or just drink water instead of eating the idea of feeling hungry goes away. Most people don't drink enough water. To lose weight you should be drinking 70-80 ounces a day. You want to flavor it? Put an orange slice o a lemon or lime slice in it. And yes, be careful with fruit. Blueberries, Strawberries, Granny Smith apples are fine. But certain fruits are very high in sugars, like ripened pineapple or grapes.

by Anonymousreply 156May 16, 2022 5:21 PM

R155 is me. Except for the eating, I love to eat.

by Anonymousreply 157May 16, 2022 5:39 PM

R150 So basically, don’t consume anything other than lettuce and water. Got it.

by Anonymousreply 158May 16, 2022 8:02 PM

OP here - I only ate one small meal yesterday and I lost a pound when I weighed myself this morning!😃. I just need to lose 4 more pounds to get to my ideal weight.

by Anonymousreply 159May 16, 2022 8:04 PM

^Any diet you go on, you'll lose between 5 and 10 pounds as your liver uses up its stores of glycogen. As soon as you start eating your normal diet again, that weight will be "re-stored" by your liver. That's just the way the liver works. The weight one loses quickly when going on a low-carb diet is this stored glycogen weight. It's water-soluble and the body just promptly uses it up when deprived of blood sugar from eating.

by Anonymousreply 160May 16, 2022 8:30 PM

[quote]How do I stop from wanting to binge on food at night?

Stop fighting it. Eat then as part of an intermittent fasting window, then fast the next morning (and afternoon, if you're keeping the feeding window small). My coworker eats 1 large meal at 8pm every night, but has still lost 35 pounds.

by Anonymousreply 161May 16, 2022 9:04 PM

Not being a dick here, genuine question: have you ever tried therapy? I had a bad binge eating problem that basically went away after my first few therapy sessions. My binge eating wasn't even the reason I started going; it was just a nice side effect. Sometimes cravings to binge eat are our brain's ways of telling us to give ourselves the nourishment that, say, our parents maybe didn't give us growing up. Just some food for thought (pun intended).

by Anonymousreply 162May 16, 2022 10:10 PM

I don't think that's an unreasonable question because I do think a lot of eating & (especially) drinking is about feeding or dampening your feelings.

by Anonymousreply 163May 16, 2022 10:15 PM

R162 is ALL kinds of fucked up...

by Anonymousreply 164May 17, 2022 12:31 AM

Maybe, R164... but at least I'm not fat!

by Anonymousreply 165May 17, 2022 3:03 AM

If you struggle with portion control, cutting out carbs helps.

by Anonymousreply 166May 17, 2022 3:38 AM

^If you *really* start losing weight, you will realize VERY quickly that the foods that make you and keep you fat are: bread in any form, white rice (rice, period), white potatoes, pasta, and alcohol, along with anything with sugar in it. It's just obvious.

by Anonymousreply 167May 17, 2022 11:12 AM

Is there a good substitute for honey, jam & syrup? They're my main weakness, along with toast.

by Anonymousreply 168May 17, 2022 11:43 AM

I just want to eat food all day and night! But I was good yesterday and only at some baked salmon and a banana. But I sure am hungry! I just want to be a pig 🐖!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 169May 18, 2022 7:25 AM

With mixed results, I try to be healthy, but I swear to god that if I ever got some terminal diagnosis, one of the first things I do is order a loaded pizza and drink a six pack. I am a total pig at heart!

by Anonymousreply 170May 18, 2022 11:05 AM

If you *really* start losing weight, you will realize VERY quickly that the foods that make you and keep you fat are: bread in any form, white rice (rice, period), white potatoes, pasta

LOL!

by Anonymousreply 171May 19, 2022 8:52 PM

I’m on a diet and bought a couple of apples the other day, thinking I’d have a couple of slices with some peanut butter to satiate my craving for sweet and salty and they were MEALY. Tried one, threw it away. Next one mealy, threw away. Tried another, threw it away.

No crunch, no snap. Just on the cusp of mush.

by Anonymousreply 172May 19, 2022 9:14 PM

I find that Allegra really cuts my appetite. You have to take more than one, however.

by Anonymousreply 173May 19, 2022 9:50 PM

r172 what kind of apples? I only eat Fuji

by Anonymousreply 174May 19, 2022 10:07 PM

I could be wrong, but I think you are probably taking Allegra-D, r173. That one has pseudoephedrine, which will knock out my appetite (for a short while, at least.)

by Anonymousreply 175May 19, 2022 11:56 PM

Nope, R175 - just plain Allegra.

I take around 4 in the morning when I'm having asthma issues. After a couple of days I have zero appetite.

by Anonymousreply 176May 20, 2022 12:36 AM

The temptation to have a slice of (gluten-free) toast with my lunchtime cup of tea is overwhelming😔

by Anonymousreply 177May 20, 2022 12:29 PM

Don’t do it R177. Think how beautiful you will look. Monkey pox is going to take out most of the hot gays so we need hot ones like you to fill in the gaps!

by Anonymousreply 178May 20, 2022 12:38 PM

I am like R147, no sweets or alcohol - weight comes off no matter what else I eat/drink. Otherwise, I stagnate then gain.

by Anonymousreply 179May 20, 2022 1:27 PM

How are all you ‘no fruit’ people getting enough fibre and nutrients? Just doubling up on vegetables, or taking supplements?

by Anonymousreply 180May 20, 2022 1:32 PM

R180 try Metamucil.

by Anonymousreply 181May 20, 2022 1:58 PM

Weight-loss is about mentality and psychology as much as physical input or output.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182May 20, 2022 2:06 PM

I'm R147 and I'll say I just this morning hit the 50-pounds-lost mark, after a little less than 4 months of eating no meals after 2 pm. I experienced a serious slow-down in weight loss about 3 weeks ago: going to bed hungry every night and NO weight was being lost, at all. I decided to add a small amount of simple carbs back to my diet, and cooked a pot of brown rice 3 days ago, eating a little every day with my mid-day (and last of the day) meal. It seems to have worked, I seem to be losing weight again at the rate of about half a pound a day. I've started running 3 times a week and am going to be adding swimming a mile to 1.5 miles 3 x a week next week when the outdoor pools open. Adding the simple carbs into the mix seems to have convinced my body that I'm not actually starving, and allowed me to continue dropping the weight. FWIW...

by Anonymousreply 183May 20, 2022 2:51 PM

eat oatmeal. lots of fiber and you feel full.

by Anonymousreply 184May 21, 2022 5:07 PM

^It's true but I eventually get sick of it in a way I don't get sick of rice. I suspect it's because rice is a WHOLE lot starchier.

by Anonymousreply 185May 21, 2022 5:12 PM

[quote]Eat an entire cabbage with a little bit of feta. Volume eating is where it's at.

Follwed by voluminous farting.

by Anonymousreply 186May 21, 2022 5:15 PM

R172 If you are buying apples out of peak season (Sept - Dec) Get them only if they in a cooled or refrigerated section. Otherwise they are likely to get overripe and mealy and you won't know before you cut into one.

by Anonymousreply 187May 21, 2022 5:21 PM

Go do something that doesnt involve eating...go to your local thrift shops and hunt for treasures . I find that very distracting and never think about food when I do this

by Anonymousreply 188May 21, 2022 5:36 PM

[quote]OP, start counting calories of everything you eat.

That doesn’t work. Cut the carbs and you’ll be full.

by Anonymousreply 189May 21, 2022 5:44 PM

I did an experiment for a year where I didn't eat meat and I didn't worry about carbs.

By the end of the year my cholesterol levels had dropped back into the normal range and I lost about 10 pounds. It was pretty painless.

by Anonymousreply 190May 21, 2022 6:28 PM

R190 Without meat don't you need some vitamin or mineral supplements (I forget what)?

by Anonymousreply 191May 21, 2022 6:32 PM

You can easily get vitamin B12 from dairy products and I think most of our diets have way too much protein in them. It's really super strict vegans and some vegetarian diets that lack nutrients, R191 .

by Anonymousreply 192May 21, 2022 6:39 PM

r190 I cut carbs (I did Atkins) but ate everything else for a while. I was thin but when I went for my yearly blood work my cholesterol levels were off the charts...so bad they redid it to make sure it wasnt a mistake. They wanted to put me on meds to lower it but I just cut out most beef and dairy from my diet and my numbers dropped to normal.

Now I try to get my protein from fish and poultry..of course I eat beef but only once in a while.

by Anonymousreply 193May 21, 2022 6:40 PM

Do you get a lot of cholesterol from 93% ground beef?

by Anonymousreply 194May 21, 2022 6:45 PM

R194, it's very important to get your annual check up. They will test everything.

by Anonymousreply 195May 21, 2022 7:27 PM

I started only eating from noon to 6 everyday. Coffee in the am and lots of ice water. I'm less bloated, my skin glows, and I'm losing weight but still eating what I want. Oh and if I want to drink alcohol- noon to 6. It works.

by Anonymousreply 196May 21, 2022 7:34 PM

Who the hell wants to drink between Noon and 6?

by Anonymousreply 197May 22, 2022 1:42 AM

You need to find the grossest fattest black girl and suck the juice out of her tampons. Guaranteed to help lose weight.

by Anonymousreply 198May 22, 2022 1:44 AM

R198 You know from personal experience?🧐

by Anonymousreply 199May 22, 2022 3:45 AM

Brush your teeth

by Anonymousreply 200May 22, 2022 4:07 AM

cigarettes and a nice cold diet coke.

by Anonymousreply 201May 22, 2022 4:09 AM

I remember eating disordered gals in the 80's swore by popcorn and diet coke.

by Anonymousreply 202May 22, 2022 4:25 AM

R196 Fasting for 18 hours a day, every day? Of course you're going to lose weight. But no thanks.

by Anonymousreply 203May 22, 2022 4:52 AM

Tl, dr, but here's an idea...craving food can often be thirst, so drink some water. Second, hunger pangs can be excess stomach acid , so take something for that and see if they go away.

by Anonymousreply 204May 22, 2022 8:15 AM

Meth is your friend, OP.

And also Adderall

And Cocaine.

And AIDS.

And DataLounge.

by Anonymousreply 205May 22, 2022 8:22 AM

[quote]I remember eating disordered gals in the 80's swore by popcorn and diet coke.

Ha, I remember in college that my weight loss regime was drinking Diet Mountain Dew when I was hungry; back then, it was like liquid meth I wasn't hungry & had so much energy. Alas, my middle aged stomach can no longer handle much soda, much less Diet Mountain Dew

by Anonymousreply 206May 22, 2022 10:53 AM

R206 What is so special about Diet Mountain Dew? Also - you needed to have a weight loss regime at 18-22? Were you obese?

by Anonymousreply 207May 23, 2022 11:46 PM

My guess is the shit ton of caffeine in Mt Dew makes it special but I'm no Mt Dew expert...

by Anonymousreply 208May 24, 2022 12:20 AM

[quote]What is so special about Diet Mountain Dew? Also - you needed to have a weight loss regime at 18-22? Were you obese?

Yeah, the combination of all the caffeine + the soda made you feel buzzed & full. As far as the weight loss regime, after a weekend of drinking a six pack (I can't believe I routinely drank an entire six pack over a weekend - plus, god knows what else), a little Mountain Dew cleanse was just what you needed to get rid of the beer bloat. Oh, to be a college student again!

by Anonymousreply 209May 24, 2022 5:28 PM

R198 = gross fat white guy

by Anonymousreply 210May 24, 2022 5:41 PM

The poster who recommended a few unsalted dry roasted peanuts is on to something.

I’ve been losing weight by only eating between 7-3, and then drinking a pot of herbal tea. I’ve also cut out pasta, rice, potatoes and (sob) bread. Also added a rigorous exercise routine. I have been doing this for a few months and so far so good, it lately at around 8PM I am HUNGRY.

Tonight I had to run to the store and get some things and I wanted so badly to buy some chips. I didn’t but I did buy some unsalted dry roasted peanuts. Definitely not as good as the “lightly salted” ones, so was not really tempted to say that many. Ate a few and drank some water and it did the trick.

by Anonymousreply 211May 26, 2022 2:02 AM

Eat not say lol

by Anonymousreply 212May 26, 2022 2:02 AM

Some people drink a glass of water with a teaspoon of apple vinegar. Tastes tart but suppressed the appetite

by Anonymousreply 213May 26, 2022 2:08 AM

I want to eat at night too. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 214May 26, 2022 2:11 AM

I lost 40 lbs once (it was too much and I became scrawny) but in the beginning, I'd lie in bed at night hungry enough to eat my hand! I didn't do that but it gets easier. When you start noticing the weight loss, it encourages you to keep going. Don't go too far with it like I did which is easy to do once you're motivated. People would call me The Thin Man. I ate just enough to keep me alive.

by Anonymousreply 215May 26, 2022 2:17 AM

You can go a week without eating. It’s not that hard.

by Anonymousreply 216May 26, 2022 4:29 AM

My expert nutritionist says: if you're hungry for cake, EAT AN ENTIRE CAKE!

It's what your body is telling you to do!

by Anonymousreply 217May 26, 2022 4:40 AM

Brush your teeth when you get hungry. The mint in the toothpaste seems to suppress the appetite.

by Anonymousreply 218May 27, 2022 2:44 AM

OP here.

I am not joking when I tell you that last night I ate 5 sloppy joes, had 3 sodas, a blueberry muffin, and some Cheese Puffs, and I just weighed myself and I did not gain any weight! Isn’t it amazing how that can happen sometimes? I’m certainly not pushing my luck today and not going to do that two days in a row because it would definitely catch up with me tomorrow. But I’m so happy!

by Anonymousreply 219May 28, 2022 1:34 AM

what kind of fiber do you guys take? powder or the husks (or whatever they are called)

by Anonymousreply 220May 28, 2022 5:36 AM

Gummy bears fiber.

by Anonymousreply 221May 28, 2022 5:38 AM

Here you go, OP:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222May 28, 2022 5:59 AM

sawdust

by Anonymousreply 223May 28, 2022 6:27 AM

Sparkling water. Chug a can of LaCroix when you start to get hungry.

by Anonymousreply 224May 28, 2022 7:03 AM

R219 if you are craving, why not eat some calorific but QUALITY food. Not that junk. I actually think you just want attention. Waaaah, I’m not losing weight. Waaaaah, I ate an entire container of twinkies again! Rinse and repeat.

by Anonymousreply 225May 28, 2022 7:34 AM

R225 1) Because that’s not as tasty.

2) Nobody is forcing to read this thread. K? Thanx. Bye! 😘

by Anonymousreply 226May 28, 2022 8:21 AM

You can binge for one day and not gain weight.

Isn’t a sloppy Joe a big sandwich? You really ate three in one night?!

by Anonymousreply 227May 28, 2022 8:30 PM

R116 at least hook us up with a link to a factsheet.

by Anonymousreply 228May 28, 2022 8:40 PM

Maybe he was eating a Manwich ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229May 28, 2022 8:48 PM

R227 The buns were on the smaller side, but I ate 5!

R229 That is exactly what I used!

by Anonymousreply 230May 28, 2022 10:05 PM

HOT TEA with Stevia. Buy a tea assortment. Although a good old cup of Lipton Tea with stevia and lemon juice (fresh lemon or the plastic shaped lemon juice from Italy) works well! Stops my tummy from rumbling.

by Anonymousreply 231May 28, 2022 10:15 PM

I recommend a de-bittered liquid vanilla stevia! I also add it to hot teas.

by Anonymousreply 232May 29, 2022 5:05 AM

I eat ass.

by Anonymousreply 233May 29, 2022 5:10 AM

OP, look into the mirror. That is your present and future, because even if you lose weight now, your tastes and habits will ensure that you regain it. The boring cliché is correct - you need you change your habits. The food you described needs to make a permanent exit from your life and consciousness and salad and low-fat protein need to take centre stage. There is no other way, apart from bulimia, and then you can say goodbye to your teeth and esophagus.

by Anonymousreply 234May 29, 2022 5:44 AM

I wish stevia tasted better in coffee. Someone here recommended another type of low calorie sweetener to use with coffee but I forgot what it was

by Anonymousreply 235May 29, 2022 11:32 AM

Fist yourself

by Anonymousreply 236May 29, 2022 11:51 AM

R236 Can you teach me the method you use?

by Anonymousreply 237May 29, 2022 12:42 PM

R235 Monk fruit is another natural alternative sweetener to sugar . Basically zero carbs and no sugar, and if Stevia doesn't work for you taste wise in coffee monk fruit works better with some people.

by Anonymousreply 238May 29, 2022 10:31 PM

Silk Almond milk

Milk of the land

by Anonymousreply 239May 30, 2022 12:27 AM

I’m close to binging again and just had a ham sandwich and potato salad and it’s almost 4am.😬

I haven’t been on the scale in about 4 or 5 days.

by Anonymousreply 240June 1, 2022 8:54 AM

Ask your doctor for Contrave, you fat bitch.

Totally kills your appetite.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241June 1, 2022 8:56 AM

Come sit beside me OP.

by Anonymousreply 242June 1, 2022 8:57 AM

Now I’m eating a candy bar!🍫

by Anonymousreply 243June 1, 2022 9:00 AM

^ just being fat and happy!

by Anonymousreply 244June 1, 2022 9:24 AM

Bulimia was all the rage in the 80's.

by Anonymousreply 245June 1, 2022 9:26 AM

Stevia tastes better if you use less than half the packet

by Anonymousreply 246June 1, 2022 10:57 AM

If you get hungry, eat nuts or an apple. Both will fill you and satisfy you immediately

by Anonymousreply 247June 1, 2022 10:57 AM

Try a pot of herbal tea in the evening, OP. It really does fill you up.

by Anonymousreply 248June 1, 2022 10:59 AM

Cocaine is an excellent appetite suppressant. They don't call it the "Hollywood Diet" for nothing.

by Anonymousreply 249June 1, 2022 11:01 AM

If you're gay, eat pussy.

After that, you won't want to eat for DAYS.

by Anonymousreply 250June 1, 2022 11:06 AM

R250 I dont think he can just go down and eat, it would require forced feeding!

by Anonymousreply 251June 1, 2022 1:32 PM

R245, yes but I did it for attention rather than to actually fit into nice clothes. One sleeps with greater regularity too, meaning the nannies had their hands full. A shame I didn't become sterile after the first one. I wonder how things are going down on earth for them all these days....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252June 1, 2022 3:00 PM

I know DLers are fans of nuts for obvious reasons...but a true fattie like myself cannot open a can of nuts without eating WAY over the recommended serving size, and they are high in calories. So OP I would not recommend using nuts to curb hunger at this point

by Anonymousreply 253June 1, 2022 7:03 PM

Someone who only eats 6 or 7 peanuts to suppress hunger, is, I suspect, anorexic.

by Anonymousreply 254June 2, 2022 1:11 AM

Have a milkshake. As a liquid, it contains less fattening molecules but it is still delicious and satisfying.

by Anonymousreply 255June 2, 2022 1:13 AM

Because it's full of sugar.

by Anonymousreply 256June 2, 2022 1:38 AM

OP here. I’ve only eaten a thin steak and a chocolate ice cream bar for dinner and I’m not going to eat anything else today.

by Anonymousreply 257June 2, 2022 3:34 AM

R257 did you forget your MiraLax?

by Anonymousreply 258June 2, 2022 3:39 AM

Ozempic

by Anonymousreply 259June 2, 2022 3:45 AM

[quote] I’m not going to eat anything else today

R257 but in 10 minutes you will put on the napkins, open the fridge...it's the feeding time after 12:01am!

by Anonymousreply 260June 2, 2022 3:50 AM

[quote]I’ve only eaten a thin steak

Bitch, don't act like that "thin steak" wasn't actually a Philly cheesesteak. We know. We see.

by Anonymousreply 261June 2, 2022 3:55 AM

Welp, I gave in again. Ate a candy bar, half a ham sandwich and potato salad. Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 262June 2, 2022 6:08 AM

I guess you want to get scolded. I scold thee.

by Anonymousreply 263June 2, 2022 6:12 AM

Since I’ve already messed up, I’m thinking about eating popcorn 🍿 now while watching a movie.

by Anonymousreply 264June 2, 2022 6:15 AM

R262 lol what did I tell you? 🤡

by Anonymousreply 265June 2, 2022 6:20 AM

Try some Crack OP.

by Anonymousreply 266June 2, 2022 6:23 AM

11:15pm Triscuits and cheese. Damn.

by Anonymousreply 267June 2, 2022 6:24 AM

OP, is potato salad your favorite food?!

by Anonymousreply 268June 2, 2022 12:46 PM

R268 I like it, but it’s not my favorite. I need to quit buying it since it has so many calories.

by Anonymousreply 269June 2, 2022 12:48 PM

If I have a can of coke zero and some popcorn (salt, no butter), I do not have to worry about calories from the soda right? So it would basically be a fat-free drink?

by Anonymousreply 270June 2, 2022 1:54 PM

OP has an awful lot of potato salad in the house for someone tryng to lose weight.

by Anonymousreply 271June 2, 2022 3:24 PM

OP, do you make the potato salad yourself? Maybe check out some recipes online For some healthier salads.

by Anonymousreply 272June 2, 2022 3:27 PM

He grows the potatoes and makes the mayo from scratch!

by Anonymousreply 273June 2, 2022 3:28 PM

Switch that high calorie potato salad for a green salad and low cal/sugar free dressing and protein topping (chicken/tuna etc) for a start, but I am talking to a wall. Carry on fatty.

by Anonymousreply 274June 2, 2022 3:38 PM

OP is having us on.

by Anonymousreply 275June 3, 2022 2:09 AM

OP is an attention whore.

by Anonymousreply 276June 3, 2022 3:09 AM

[quote]OP is an attention whore.

And yet you’re still giving it to me.☺️

by Anonymousreply 277June 3, 2022 3:25 AM

R271 doesn’t understand how food addiction works.

by Anonymousreply 278June 3, 2022 3:36 AM

Eat Less, Move More

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279June 3, 2022 7:20 AM

I came to the conclusion the after midnight snacks or meals don't really add weight, it's those daytime eating cause you fat!

by Anonymousreply 280June 3, 2022 12:09 PM

So I went to the grocery store yesterday and they had bakery made cookies on sale, so of course I bought them and of course I’ve eaten half the container already (8 cookies). I’ve also eaten potato salad for the third night in a row, Flamin’ Hot Cheetos, a bratwurst 🌭, a Pepsi, and a glass of orange juice. I think that’s it.

by Anonymousreply 281June 4, 2022 8:41 AM

Just say “No” to food at night!

by Anonymousreply 282June 4, 2022 9:10 AM

R278 I understand the OP is full of shit (and food).

by Anonymousreply 283June 4, 2022 7:40 PM

OP, try eating more cookies, and half a pie, it will definitely curb those urges for potato salad.

by Anonymousreply 284June 4, 2022 7:41 PM

Suck on a Brach’s Star peppermint. It’ll soothe your stomach and has some sugar to take the edge off without getting you into trouble calorie wise

by Anonymousreply 285June 4, 2022 7:44 PM

OP you seem to be giving into cravings of comfort foods that provide little in the way of nutrition. That's why you are continuously hungry. You are carbo loading but taking in little in the way of nutritious calories.

by Anonymousreply 286June 4, 2022 7:44 PM

How are you OP? I hope you're back on track. Hang tough!

by Anonymousreply 287June 7, 2022 10:49 PM

This evening, my mother came to have dinner with me, and though I plated us both a hearty meal of whole salmon with a side of yams & greens, still she accused me of having an eating disorder and lying about it. Just because I don't like to eat in the mornings, and I'm a picky eater.

Even though she raised me, it escapes her notice that I've never had a big appetite (anxiety), I'm fairly sedentary in lifestyle, and can't afford to buy a lot of food. It's not full-bore an0rexia if you're on a budget, you have slightly irregular/atypical habits, or you've been that way since the cradle.

by Anonymousreply 288June 7, 2022 11:59 PM

I hear you loud and clear! You need to ask yourself if you need the binge.

As a favor to me, please keep no cake/cookies/pie in the house - it helps!

by Anonymousreply 289June 8, 2022 12:01 AM

[quote]How are you OP? I hope you're back on track. Hang tough!

Sadly, I ate 6 slices of a large pan pizza today.😞

R289 You’re right. I need to quit buying cakes and cookies just because it’s on sale.

by Anonymousreply 290June 8, 2022 12:51 AM

Is the original poster a real person, or someone that fat shaming homos have invented to make what they think is a exciting thread?

by Anonymousreply 291June 8, 2022 1:17 AM

I love my Jenny Craig coach

by Anonymousreply 292June 8, 2022 2:17 AM

Cut out sugar, anything made with flour, corn, or potatoes, and no fruit or starchy vegetables.

Also, avoid anything labeled LOW-FAT or NON-FAT.

And no alcohol.

Eat meat, eggs, cheese and non-starchy vegetables.

The pounds will come off.

by Anonymousreply 293June 8, 2022 2:55 PM

R293, easier said than done.

by Anonymousreply 294June 8, 2022 2:58 PM

Beauty is pain.

by Anonymousreply 295June 8, 2022 3:00 PM

Said it time and again. The only ones that matter:

1st - Cut out sugar

Maybe 2nd - limit alcohol

The pounds will come off. The rest is just extra.

by Anonymousreply 296June 9, 2022 2:48 PM

take baby steps and you're gonna fuck up a lot and overeat...don't get discouraged, just get back on track and start again! You can do it OP!

by Anonymousreply 297June 9, 2022 2:51 PM

it's best to lose the weight when you're younger when all your joints and bones are in good condition. you can easily exercise and workout.

One of my co-workers tried to lose weight in his 40s and he has a lot of issues, knee problems etc etc. your body doesn't recover as fast etc

by Anonymousreply 298June 9, 2022 2:52 PM

If you’re hungry at night, eat something filling but light. Carrot sticks with hummus is a good choice.

by Anonymousreply 299June 9, 2022 2:56 PM

What's the update OP?

How many pounds have you lost?

Don't give up!

by Anonymousreply 300June 18, 2022 3:00 PM

Anal

by Anonymousreply 301June 18, 2022 3:01 PM

[quote]Said it time and again. The only ones that matter:

[quote]1st - Cut out sugar

[quote]Maybe 2nd - limit alcohol

[quote]The pounds will come off. The rest is just extra.

I don't drink or eat sugar. The pounds don't just come off. If only.

by Anonymousreply 302June 18, 2022 3:04 PM

increase fiber intake! and protein as well!

by Anonymousreply 303June 18, 2022 3:07 PM

Melt Crisco and drink it down. As long as you have no carbs it will go right through you!

by Anonymousreply 304June 18, 2022 3:35 PM

Not OP, but I've been following this thread and this time it's for real. I am going to lose these pandemic pounds. I've had coffee with a little creamer so far. Made a salad with spinach, lettuce, cucumber, tomato, hardboiled egg, turkey (lunchmeat) and a little bit of shredded sharp cheddar cheese for later. I think I'm going to try dirty keto again, but this time with fewer processed foods. I'm too embarrassed to go out "jogging", aka the slowest shuffle-run in the world, but I have a treadmill collecting dust and dirty clothes that I'm going to use today.

And I'm not going to tell anybody in real life I'm trying to lose weight again. At least for me, that sabotages me every time.

by Anonymousreply 305June 18, 2022 5:33 PM

Good luck to you, R305! Get that treadmill going!

I started in late fall and still going strong. Lost a lot by:

1. Cutting out rice, bread, potatoes, and pasta 2. Cutting back on sugar (struggling with this one) 3. Eating between 11-6 and not after

Its hard to get started but the pounds do start to roll off!

by Anonymousreply 306June 18, 2022 6:48 PM

R300 I’ve been bad the past two days. I’m an emotional eater and I was having a stressful week and on Thursday and Friday I just binged on all sorts of garbage. Not proud of that but yesterday I was good and didn’t eat anything except walnuts, water, and black coffee. For today (Sunday) I’m going to try to be good again and just eat a salad 🥗 for my only meal for the day.

Thanks for the good wishes.

by Anonymousreply 307June 19, 2022 5:52 AM

Hang in there OP!

Just get back on track. it's a battle and a struggle but you are improving your life!

by Anonymousreply 308June 21, 2022 5:38 AM

Drink more water. Sometimes we eat when we're not really hungry. So drink more water and tea, and even broth.

by Anonymousreply 309June 21, 2022 1:30 PM

Just drink even broth, not odd broth.

by Anonymousreply 310June 21, 2022 3:39 PM

OP, you need some lean protein with every meal as well as carbs that include plenty of fiber (so fruits and vegetables, not starches and sugary stuff). Get some fat in the form of nuts and olive oil and drink lots of water.

by Anonymousreply 311June 21, 2022 3:42 PM

How fat are you?

by Anonymousreply 312August 30, 2023 12:10 PM

[quote]How fat are you?

How fat are you that you found and bumped this over 2 months-old thread? Who's looking for weight loss threads? You. Probably major projection.

by Anonymousreply 313August 30, 2023 12:12 PM

I try and make sure that I really look at the portion for sides when I plate my food.

Rice, potatoes, noodles are easy to heap on the plate.

I find that if I cut something out forever, I don’t sustain.

by Anonymousreply 314August 30, 2023 12:26 PM

A simple chromium supplement (e.g. chromium picolinate) will help you enormously with glycemic control and as a result will also take care of the cravings. It's super cheap too, shame more fat whores aren't aware of this trick.

Just be careful with it if you're already on blood sugar medication.

by Anonymousreply 315August 30, 2023 12:35 PM

R315 Yep!

by Anonymousreply 316August 31, 2023 3:38 AM

wire your jaw shut!

by Anonymousreply 317August 31, 2023 2:41 PM

R315 = Pro Tip.

by Anonymousreply 318September 2, 2023 3:20 AM

You always feel hungry at first when you cut back. Stick with it, when the pounds begin to disappear it gets easier.

by Anonymousreply 319September 2, 2023 3:32 AM

what about celsius drink? i see so many people drink this. does it work?

by Anonymousreply 320September 2, 2023 9:31 PM

how are you fatties doing during the holidays? over eating and stuffing yourselves?

by Anonymousreply 321November 29, 2023 6:05 PM

stop eating you fat fucks!

by Anonymousreply 322December 3, 2023 11:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!