Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Offer - Miniseries about how The Godfather novel was brought to film

Anyone watching this? Only 3 episodes in and I love it. I did my DL search and found nothing except some bad juju about Miles Teller.

by Anonymousreply 13October 27, 2022 6:53 PM

I watched the first 3 episodes on Friday. It's not great, but I'll continue watching it.

by Anonymousreply 1May 2, 2022 2:22 AM

Miles Teller is very talented, but he ruined his career with that interview where he was such an asshole. I'm not clear if he can ever fully come back from that.

by Anonymousreply 2May 2, 2022 2:24 AM

I found it quite compelling. I wanted to watch episode 4, and was disappointed to find I’d have to wait until Thursday. Matthew Goode is wonderful as Paramount studio boss Robert Evans.

I’m also enjoying Andrew Garfield’s Under the Banner of Heaven miniseries on Hulu. He plays a Mormon detective whose faith is questioned as he works a homicide case involving an influential Mormon family.

by Anonymousreply 3May 2, 2022 2:34 AM

After reading so much horrible stuff about Teller, I had no idea how much I was going to like him. But I did. I thought all the casting was terrific.

by Anonymousreply 4May 2, 2022 2:36 AM

The reviews haven't been great for this show. I don't think it's horrible. I'm also planning to read Mark Seal's book Leave the Gun, Take the Cannoli soon.

by Anonymousreply 5May 2, 2022 2:42 AM

Miles Teller is so boring. So unengaged. Any other actor would have been better.

by Anonymousreply 6May 2, 2022 2:50 AM

You're worse than Mussolini, the DeCavalcante crime family, and Barry Lapidus. This is thread number four.

by Anonymousreply 7May 4, 2022 12:30 AM

I hated it 10 minutes in.

by Anonymousreply 8May 4, 2022 12:44 AM

Like (almost) everything else, I expect I’ll watch two episodes and then completely forget about it.

by Anonymousreply 9May 4, 2022 12:56 AM

R7 Where are the other threads? I 'm loving this miniseries and would like to read more opinions. I don't care about all the hate for Miles Teller...never heard of him before this series and don't care. The Albert Ruddy story about how this novel made its way to the screen is the story.

by Anonymousreply 10May 4, 2022 1:43 AM

Goode’s American accent is awful. He pronounces “Waldo” like “Wal-doe” and not “Wall-doe.”

by Anonymousreply 11July 8, 2022 1:13 AM

I finally got Paramount +, so I started watching this. I actually love it. But I'm a sucker for shows about how movies get made. I find the whole world fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 12October 27, 2022 5:47 PM

Little Fauss and Big Halsy!

by Anonymousreply 13October 27, 2022 6:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!