Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Petty things that annoy you.

I'll start.

A friend of mine ALWAYS brings up farmers during any weather event.

If it's hot and dry, she'll say, "the farmers need rain." If there's too much rain, "this rain isn't good for the famers." If there's just the right amount of rain, "oh, the farmers will be happy," etc....

Her grandparents were farmers, so I guess that's why she cares.

What petty things annoy you?

by Anonymousreply 567June 23, 2022 9:04 PM

I loathe whores who don't appreciate farmers.

by Anonymousreply 1May 2, 2022 1:49 AM

You're rather petty, OP.

And you annoy me.

by Anonymousreply 2May 2, 2022 1:50 AM

Lol R1.

I hate when a someone waits days to text you back and then when you hang out with them they are on their phone 24/7.

by Anonymousreply 3May 2, 2022 1:50 AM

Gum chewing. Baby talk.

by Anonymousreply 4May 2, 2022 1:51 AM

I'm not a farmer so their problems aren't mine, R1.

by Anonymousreply 5May 2, 2022 1:52 AM

people that give directions that require a local history and geneology guide to decipher

by Anonymousreply 6May 2, 2022 2:05 AM

Too many items in the express lane

by Anonymousreply 7May 2, 2022 2:11 AM

Women under 50.

They're all petty.

by Anonymousreply 8May 2, 2022 2:18 AM

R8 ...and those over 50?

by Anonymousreply 9May 2, 2022 2:21 AM

Strangers just knocking on my door when they're caught in crossfire. Can't they let me know they're gonna stop by?

by Anonymousreply 10May 2, 2022 2:28 AM

I had a friend who was a farmer. And then he died.

by Anonymousreply 11May 2, 2022 2:32 AM

Op is not a fan of Mylene Farmer

by Anonymousreply 12May 2, 2022 2:33 AM

I get irrationally angry when sandwiches or pizza aren’t cut all the way through and you go to pick up half or a slice and the bread part rips and all the good sandwich stuff or toppings slide off. That’s my one pet peeve.

by Anonymousreply 13May 2, 2022 2:40 AM

When someone at work EMAILS me to say “Can you give me a call when you get this? Thanks.”

It’s like are your fingers broken that you couldn’t have just picked up the phone and - oh, I don’t know - called me in the space of time that it took you to type that request out? If you want to talk to me live go bad then don’t email me asking me to call you! You have my effing phone number.

by Anonymousreply 14May 2, 2022 3:02 AM

[quote] I hate when a someone waits days to text you back and then when you hang out with them they are on their phone 24/7.

IMO, that would tell me where I stand in their priorities.

by Anonymousreply 15May 2, 2022 3:04 AM

A phone call is considered an interruption, R14. They are emailing you to ask that you call when it won’t be an interruption. They are just being polite.

by Anonymousreply 16May 2, 2022 3:05 AM

R16 you are actually wrong about that. It’s a way of getting something off their to do list and onto yours. Phone calls are not interruptions between co-workers. . People silence their phones or just don’t answer if it’s an interruption.

by Anonymousreply 17May 2, 2022 3:12 AM

Any man who uses this term in any context: "Gurrll"

by Anonymousreply 18May 2, 2022 3:18 AM

I also hate when a poster tries to explain away someone else’s petty peeve like r16 just attempted. Guess what, it’s still a petty peeve. In business, you should be available by phone to your colleagues during business hours, and if you are not, you silence it or push it to voicemail. When you are busy, as most of us are (except you r16?) and get hundreds of emails a day, no one needs to add random “can you call me” emails on to the to-do list with no context to them at all.

by Anonymousreply 19May 2, 2022 3:20 AM

I fucking hate phone tag.

Just leave a message with the details, because if you don't you will be on another line when I call to find out why you called.

On the flip side, fuck those assholes who never listen to the voicemail you left them and call you back wanting you to repeat everything you spelled out carefully in your message.

by Anonymousreply 20May 2, 2022 3:26 AM

Nobody should be leaving voice mails at all. Texts are how to leave a phone message.

by Anonymousreply 21May 2, 2022 3:28 AM

R21 I do not like texts from businesses. If it has to be in writing, send a fucking email.

by Anonymousreply 22May 2, 2022 3:40 AM

People who don't walk on the right or people who think they're walking a dog or pushing a stroller think this gives them the right to walk wherever the fuck they want.

by Anonymousreply 23May 2, 2022 3:47 AM

Random stapling. The staple belongs in the upper right corner, about an eighth of an inch from the edges.

by Anonymousreply 24May 2, 2022 3:49 AM

White people acting like the police in public. OMG, its so infuriating.

by Anonymousreply 25May 2, 2022 3:50 AM

Perpetually angry black people.

by Anonymousreply 26May 2, 2022 3:54 AM

Cashiers trying to make conversation with me. I'm here to pay for my stuff, not to make a new best friend.

by Anonymousreply 27May 2, 2022 3:55 AM

Having a bunch of small inconveniences at once. Like needing to pee, charge your phone, let the dog out, wash the dishes, etc all at the same time. It annoys the fuck out of me.

by Anonymousreply 28May 2, 2022 3:56 AM

When someone (usually an elder and always a stranger ) tells you to “smile, it can’t be that bad!” Literally had someone tell me that as he walked past my car window while I was at a stop sign on my way to my parents’ house because my father just died. So yeah gramps. It was that bad. Not that it was his business, and why should I ever be held accountable to make some stranger happier by seeing me smiling in my car or walking down the street as I go about my own life??

by Anonymousreply 29May 2, 2022 4:01 AM

No matter what I want to look at in a store, there always seems to be some annoying person standing right in front of it and taking forever to move that I end up just saying "fuck it" and walk out of the store without what I want.

by Anonymousreply 30May 2, 2022 4:04 AM

People walking while staring at their phones like security blankets because they don't know what else to do with their eyes

by Anonymousreply 31May 2, 2022 4:04 AM

Humblebragging, my college friend is the worst about it. "I can't believe the boss liked MY idea," "what did I do to deserve a boyfriend who takes me to Italy every summer?" Don't fish for compliments and make me dance along with your ego.

by Anonymousreply 32May 2, 2022 4:05 AM

[quote]When someone at work EMAILS me to say “Can you give me a call when you get this? Thanks.”

I think this means (and the emailer should say) can you give me a call when it’s *convenient* for you.

When I need to speak to someone urgently (and don’t care about their convenience) I’ll email, text, slack, send smoke signals and even call.

I’ve gotten emails though that say “can you take a look at this and print two copies for me and you?” and then I’m truly annoyed. You emailed me a file to print? Or worse, “can you save this on the shared drive?” It would’ve taken you less time to do that than email.

by Anonymousreply 33May 2, 2022 4:06 AM

Straight couples who become really loud, performative and dramatic while they are shopping like they are on a sitcom

by Anonymousreply 34May 2, 2022 4:08 AM

Pedestrians who perch themselves on the very edge of the curb or even on the actual road at the corner of an intersection then appear to be in another world looking up into space etc. definitely not noticing cars wanting to make a right turn and not sure if they will just step of the corner another few inches and make it a bad day for everyone involved.

by Anonymousreply 35May 2, 2022 4:08 AM

Dowdy Frauen friends walking around at homesense (homegoods in the USA) picking up shit off the shelves and pointing out other garish crap and blathering how “ it speaks to me for our great room” like they are designers on an HGTV show.

by Anonymousreply 36May 2, 2022 4:13 AM

People who leave a full car-length gap or more between themselves and the car ahead when stopped at a traffic light.

by Anonymousreply 37May 2, 2022 4:15 AM

R34 yup. They all seem to have watched Mad About You reruns.

Similar to your peeve, same straight couples - usually very bland looking and usually moving in together for the first time) tongue kissing each other sloppily in the line up at ikea.

by Anonymousreply 38May 2, 2022 4:15 AM

That I encounter women all the time throughout the day that I could fuck/date/marry but rarely have a mutual connection with a guy

by Anonymousreply 39May 2, 2022 4:16 AM

People who won't pull into the intersection to make a discretionary left turn (no left arrow). The light turns yellow and then red ... still behind the line.

by Anonymousreply 40May 2, 2022 4:17 AM

People who dramatically run their fingers through their hair in the rear-view mirror while waiting at a red light like they are in a Garnier Fructis commercial

by Anonymousreply 41May 2, 2022 4:18 AM

[quote]Similar to your peeve, same straight couples - usually very bland looking and usually moving in together for the first time) tongue kissing each other sloppily in the line up at ikea.

Whoa. I think that bothers everyone and crosses beyond petty annoyance into revolting display of affection that all people hate. Even the making-out couple will hate it when they see other people do it.

by Anonymousreply 42May 2, 2022 4:19 AM

R42 I guess they think they are the exception to the rule when they are all aroused because they are buying cheap kitchen supplies for the first time together at ikea.

by Anonymousreply 43May 2, 2022 4:24 AM

[quote]People who leave a full car-length gap or more between themselves and the car ahead when stopped at a traffic light.

People who leave no space behind you at a red light and are parked up your ass. Sometimes, I’ll turn my car off and wave my hand out the window and shout “my car just died! Go around!” just to watch them get frustrated because they didn’t leave enough room to go around and now depend on the entire line backing up to accommodate them.

by Anonymousreply 44May 2, 2022 4:25 AM

When people ask me questions during a movie. I either haven't seen it so I don't know the answer myself. Or perhaps I have seen it and know your question is about to be answered if you watch just 10 more fucking seconds. Or maybe I can't answer without giving away the entire plot. Don't you want to be surprised?

Long story short, don't ask me any questions. Just watch the damn movie.

by Anonymousreply 45May 2, 2022 4:25 AM

People who don’t know the difference in meaning between the words exacerbate and exasperate and use them interchangeably in conversations.

(Rule of thumb: people get exasperated and situations are exacerbated)

by Anonymousreply 46May 2, 2022 4:28 AM

People who say I could care less instead of I couldn't care less. It's like the most basic of logic.

by Anonymousreply 47May 2, 2022 4:32 AM

When I'm told we're going to go to a certain restaurant so I look at the menu and pick exactly what I want, then suddenly at the last minute they decide to go somewhere else.

by Anonymousreply 48May 2, 2022 4:42 AM

People who spell “woman “ (singular) as “women” when they actually mean the singular. “I went on a date with a women with blonde hair yesterday”

And no - I am not referring to people who speak English as a second language.

by Anonymousreply 49May 2, 2022 4:49 AM

R49s boundaries have been stated.

by Anonymousreply 50May 2, 2022 4:56 AM

R25 then stop stealing

by Anonymousreply 51May 2, 2022 4:58 AM

That’s so badass r44! I’m totally going to try it!

by Anonymousreply 52May 2, 2022 4:59 AM

R51. Eff you cocksucker. Like I would ever need to steal anything.

by Anonymousreply 53May 2, 2022 5:01 AM

Well r50, we know someone was going to bleat “but think of the poor ESLs! English is a hard language to learn!”

by Anonymousreply 54May 2, 2022 5:02 AM

People who walk on the wrong side of the road. I live in an area without sidewalks, and when walking my dog I walk on the left side of the street, per the rules of the road. Nearly half the other walkers I encounter seem to be ignorant of the rule.

by Anonymousreply 55May 2, 2022 5:05 AM

R55 wait though - do you live in a country that also drives on the left side of the road? Cause we are from all over here and no offence but what you wrote sounds all wrong to me and have no idea what your specific road rules might be for a pedestrian lol.

by Anonymousreply 56May 2, 2022 5:09 AM

My sister always visits with her two year old and suddenly I'm the babysitter while she does the bare minimum. Even when I'm cooking or hosting it's me entertaining her, making sure she doesn't rip my bookshelf apart.

by Anonymousreply 57May 2, 2022 5:09 AM

Just 🔫 her in the head. No more farmer comparisons.

by Anonymousreply 58May 2, 2022 5:10 AM

R57 it’s so annoying isn’t it the way parents are always looking for a break and think a relative actually wants to oversee their poorly disciplined ankle biters.

by Anonymousreply 59May 2, 2022 5:12 AM

Listening to boring as fuck stories about what a coworker’s moron kid did last night, this morning, over the weekend etc and then having to feign interest in it.l or laugh along like I feel entertained or impressed. Your kid is only cute to you and no he doesn’t sound smarter than other children his age.

by Anonymousreply 60May 2, 2022 5:18 AM

R24 is an anarchist. You staple the left top corner, not the right.

[Quote] Most people agree that you ultimately get the best readability when you place your staple at a 45-degree angle on the left side of the document. Using the left side most likely won’t make a difference even if you’re left-handed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61May 2, 2022 5:19 AM

R44 A bit passive aggressive?

by Anonymousreply 62May 2, 2022 5:20 AM

Extremely R59, what gets me is the parents' presumption that you should LIKE picking up their slack because their kid is just too damn cute. I love my niece but not playing butler.

by Anonymousreply 63May 2, 2022 5:24 AM

chester draws

it's chest of drawers you idiot

by Anonymousreply 64May 2, 2022 5:28 AM

[quote]Random stapling. The staple belongs in the upper right corner, about an eighth of an inch from the edges.

People who don't know left from right.

And, to the person who doesnt' like people leaving space when at a stoplight...you're supposed to leave enough space so that you can see the back tires of the car in front of you. That way you can get out if they stall.

And, to the person who walks on the left side...unless you are from a left side driving country like the other poster asked, you are walking against traffic instead of with traffic like you are supposed to.

And, I guess people with annoying pet peeves are my pet peeve.

In the real world, if you are the first person in the right lane at a stoplight, move your fucking car up and as far left as it will go so people behind you can turn right if they need to because you don't own the fucking street. Either that, or get out and piss all over the area you are blocking to prove your possession...at least that would be honest.

Oh, and...no, no matter how small your dick is, your giant fucking car/truck is not so precious that you get two parking spaces. Did I just trip and accidentally key your car? Oh no.

by Anonymousreply 65May 2, 2022 5:32 AM

[quote]People who leave no space behind you at a red light and are parked up your ass. Sometimes, I’ll turn my car off and wave my hand out the window and shout “my car just died! Go around!” just to watch them get frustrated because they didn’t leave enough room to go around and now depend on the entire line backing up to accommodate them.

You are mentally ill. That's what you do for enjoyment? You really need to get a life

by Anonymousreply 66May 2, 2022 5:35 AM

R65. The last two paragraphs made me pee my pants

by Anonymousreply 67May 2, 2022 5:36 AM

R56, I live in the United States. As a child, I learned that pedestrians walk on the left side of the road. See this link, 8 Walking Safely Tips.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68May 2, 2022 5:44 AM

I have a friend who hums along to music in the car. She actually is a musical person who played viola in her city's orchestra ensemble, so no tone deaf complaints. It was just weird whenever I was in a car with her and I song I know and and like (the Clash's "Death or Glory").

by Anonymousreply 69May 2, 2022 5:46 AM

[quote]You are mentally ill. That's what you do for enjoyment? You really need to get a life

I’d like to add r66 to the list of petty things that annoy me.

by Anonymousreply 70May 2, 2022 5:47 AM

[quote] My sister always visits with her two year old and suddenly I'm the babysitter while she does the bare minimum.

I'd park my ass on a couch and drink alcohol until I was "unfit" to babysit.

Other solution: let sister know that I'm not the babysitter.

Or: remain a doormat.

by Anonymousreply 71May 2, 2022 5:50 AM

I just need people to stop asking me if I’m doing anything fun over the weekend. I don’t want to share. I don’t know your definition of fun. Sometimes we just stay in to sleep, eat and fuck. It’s not relevant to my job. Some of the ‘fun’ I have isn’t work appropriate to share. I’m a nerd, my idea of fun might be someone else’s nightmare, again, I don’t want to share. I don’t want follow up questions or to feel like I have to justify my interests. I just don’t gel with these particular people. I was fine in past jobs.

by Anonymousreply 72May 2, 2022 5:51 AM

R72, tell them one time that you're just gonna watch scifi and jack off all weekend. They'll never ask you again.

by Anonymousreply 73May 2, 2022 5:59 AM

R73 That would make me ask every Monday.

So, did you bust one out to Star Trek or The Expanse this on the weekend?

by Anonymousreply 74May 2, 2022 6:05 AM

Remove ‘this’ from the above please. I posted before proofreading for autoimcorrect errors.

by Anonymousreply 75May 2, 2022 6:06 AM

Fuck! My petty hate is no edit option for this site.

by Anonymousreply 76May 2, 2022 6:07 AM

I'm not a farmer so their problems aren't mine,

where do you think your food come from fucktard?

by Anonymousreply 77May 2, 2022 6:25 AM

People who park just far enough away from the driveway ahead of them so nobody can park behind them. basically just taking up two parking spaces!

by Anonymousreply 78May 2, 2022 6:31 AM

[quote]I just need people to stop asking me if I’m doing anything fun over the weekend. I don’t want to share. I don’t know your definition of fun. Sometimes we just stay in to sleep, eat and fuck. It’s not relevant to my job. Some of the ‘fun’ I have isn’t work appropriate to share.

I hate this too. I’m not invalidating your hatred of this petty annoyance, just making a coping suggestion: Do what I do.

Lie.

Sometimes I lie in bed all weekend and take an edible and watch music videos. Or I masturbate 75 times and order pizza.

But on Monday morning: “Oh, I had the best time. I went to a friend’s and we made shakahuka then went on a hike!” or “I had brunch with friends and then we played board games”. Never say you read a book (unless you actually read a book). It’s a trap! Next they’ll ask you what book, who wrote it, what were the last 5 books you read, please describe them all, and then try to friend you on Goodreads.

by Anonymousreply 79May 2, 2022 6:33 AM

No matter where I'm walking in my house, my dog is standing in the way. She's psychic like that. Every single time!

by Anonymousreply 80May 2, 2022 6:54 AM

I only read magazines in the tub. I make sure to shake out any inserts beforehand, lest they fall into the water.

No matter how hard I shake, or rifle through the magazine, there’s always a stray one that plops in the water.

by Anonymousreply 81May 2, 2022 6:57 AM

Not being able to carry all my groceries inside in one trip.

by Anonymousreply 82May 2, 2022 7:07 AM

People who constantly clang metal utensils when eating out of glass jars.

by Anonymousreply 83May 2, 2022 7:14 AM

[quote]When someone (usually an elder and always a stranger ) tells you to “smile, it can’t be that bad!” Literally had someone tell me that as he walked past my car window while I was at a stop sign on my way to my parents’ house because my father just died.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84May 2, 2022 7:19 AM

R79 I can lie easily on Mondays. I just don’t have the energy and bandwidth to lie on Fridays. My personal time is my own and it just defeats the purpose to talk about it at work when I look forward to my personal time because it’s not work. I don’t want those people involved in any way. It’s my personal issue, I just don’t connect.

by Anonymousreply 85May 2, 2022 7:19 AM

Guess what R84: I wish you were dead instead of my father. It did happen. He had pancreatic cancer and died at home. My siblings and I all rushed to my parent’s house before the funeral home came to take him away. You are probably just like the old ogre who said that to me while I was at a stop sign on a small neighborhood street with my windows down. Now go take your miserable self to a river and drown.

by Anonymousreply 86May 2, 2022 12:08 PM

For the record R84 women get told shit like “Smile it’s not that bad” etc by old farts like you all the time because they think women are on the earth to look pleasing and sugar and spice and everything nice. Now go fuck yourself.

by Anonymousreply 87May 2, 2022 12:12 PM

R38- or they are one half a mile from the traffic light 🚦 and therefore don’t trigger it to turn green- it’s five corners and all the other streets keep getting a green light besides yours- WIMPY drivers do that.

by Anonymousreply 88May 2, 2022 12:20 PM

R82- I almost always bring all of my food into the house at once because I have no patience to make several trips- unfortunately this often causes me to get Hemorrhoids.

by Anonymousreply 89May 2, 2022 12:23 PM

[Quote] Now go take your miserable self to a river and drown.

Is this the new “Die in a grease fire”?

by Anonymousreply 90May 2, 2022 12:29 PM

R90 I just assumed R84 would want a more dramatic looking lead up to death by gliding to the river edge wearing his ugly caftan. A grease fire might be more suitable though given the vile nature of him to mock someone as lying about events surrounding the death of a beloved parent.

by Anonymousreply 91May 2, 2022 1:32 PM

Stickers on produce!!

by Anonymousreply 92May 2, 2022 1:37 PM

R49 That's a typo I make frequently here. I'll try to do better.

by Anonymousreply 93May 2, 2022 1:38 PM

R92- Especially after I've washed the apple I'm about to eat I did not peel of the label and now I have to wash the damn apple again.

by Anonymousreply 94May 2, 2022 2:09 PM

Truly petty: mailing lists. One donation and you regret it for the rest of your life.

by Anonymousreply 95May 2, 2022 2:09 PM

I have a friend who thinks he's Buddhist. He thinks he's being loving and tolerant. In truth he stands for nothing. Drives me bonkers.

by Anonymousreply 96May 2, 2022 2:10 PM

Also every time we have dinner at his house it is literally steak, baked potatoes and green beans. I mean every.fucking.time.

by Anonymousreply 97May 2, 2022 2:11 PM

R97 that is petty. Eaters of free meals have no right to complain, unless they are offering rotten food or nonfood.

Maybe that's all he knows how to cook adequately well.

If there is no sidewalk, I always walk against traffic so I can see what it is doing and hopefully react in time. Too many people are run down on roads by cars coming up behind them that they never see.

If you see a car wavering over the line or gliding over towards you, you can take a leap into the bushes. I would rather brambles and scrapes than be hit by a car even if it's moving at 30mph.

by Anonymousreply 98May 2, 2022 2:58 PM

It may be petty but it's been twenty years of steak, potatoes and green beans. Cut me some slack.

by Anonymousreply 99May 2, 2022 3:04 PM

Work emails with the title "Have a minute?", "Call me, please", or something similar. I have 40 clients! At least provide the name of the company in the subject of your email.

Neighbors who MUST chat across the aisle in the food store. Both have shopping carts; one going up the aisle while the other is going down it. Get on the same side or find another place to chat. Like the Panera less than 1/8 mile away from the food store.

This one is REALLY petty and I freely admit it. I keep my car in the garage because I don't have it so full of shit that my car doesn't fit in there. My neighbors on both sides of me don't park on the street (as required by the HOA) or park in their garages. When we have a heavy snow and the bucket loader is used, the bucket loader will use my spot in front of the garage to turn around. This, in turn, packs the snow under the tires so I wind up with mounds of snow and ice in front of my garage. Because of the angle of the sun in winter, and one neighbor's SUV, the sun never melts that snow. I am forced to shovel that snow, if possible, and keep adding snow melt in hopes the mounds will liquify and disappear.

by Anonymousreply 100May 2, 2022 3:12 PM

Today I just finished breakfast and I'm already hungry for lunch which I won't be eating until 2pm.

by Anonymousreply 101May 2, 2022 3:38 PM

ATTENTION LAZY, DUMB-ASS RESTAURANTS

Unless you’re serving shrimp cocktail, take the goddamn tails off the mother fucking shrimp.

I don’t want to fish (no pun/fuckoff) around my soup or pasta or curry to take the damn thing off with my fingers getting all saucy just because I want every morsel of flesh that I paid for, OR slice it off with my knife and fork, sacrificing that morsel of flesh that I paid for.

by Anonymousreply 102May 2, 2022 3:45 PM

I hate people who don't drink water because they don't like the taste. It's fucking WATER, how much more of a child could you be?

by Anonymousreply 103May 2, 2022 3:48 PM

They’re usually tasting their own mouth.

by Anonymousreply 104May 2, 2022 3:50 PM

Noisy eaters. I just wish murder was allowed when I'm at a dinner party and the person next to me smacks their lips and chews noisily. Eurgh!

by Anonymousreply 105May 2, 2022 3:53 PM

Do you have something against farmers, OP?

by Anonymousreply 106May 2, 2022 4:05 PM

[quote]Noisy eaters. I just wish murder was allowed when I'm at a dinner party and the person next to me smacks their lips and chews noisily. Eurgh!

That sounds like misophonia. It’s not just a petty annoyance.

Congratulations! You’re mentally ill!

by Anonymousreply 107May 2, 2022 4:43 PM

r103 - YES! When adults complain about "the taste of water" I can't believe the foolery.

by Anonymousreply 108May 2, 2022 4:52 PM

R103 R108 Yes, especially those pesky people who wind up with lead poisoning from their foul tasting water.

by Anonymousreply 109May 2, 2022 5:19 PM

I get pissed off that I only have 2 hands.

by Anonymousreply 110May 2, 2022 7:34 PM

When I drop the remote control or phone onto the floor when in bed

by Anonymousreply 111May 2, 2022 7:55 PM

While I agree with some of these, most of you are just insufferable cunts.

by Anonymousreply 112May 2, 2022 8:34 PM

[quote] Also every time we have dinner at his house it is literally steak, baked potatoes and green beans. I mean every.fucking.time.

He sounds like the WORST.

How do I score an invite?

by Anonymousreply 113May 2, 2022 8:42 PM

People who buy a new car and never remove the square sticker on the driver side window. The sticker is usually located in the right lower corner of the window. Just stop at a car wash and have them remove it already!

by Anonymousreply 114May 2, 2022 9:58 PM

I hate feces

by Anonymousreply 115May 2, 2022 10:33 PM

OMG I'm loving all you petty complainers. Keep it coming. I concur with many of these.

Here's some of mine: everything you buy now, you need a fucking Exacto knife or worse to get into the packaging. A got a sent of pens that needed a Exacto in their bubble hard plastic packaging to open. WHY? for pens. Also, why Amazon? do you need a huge box the size of half my body to ship a two-pack of toothpaste. I don't get it.

R37 some of us leave that space in case we get hit from behind, or can see someone coming is going to likely hit us from behind, to get the hell out of the way or at the least, not cause a third person to be involved because I was too close to their car.

Streaming interfaces: I hate the new Netflix interface. Why is "exit Netflix" now on the far right, not near any of the other commands? It sucks. Hulu's interface is horrible. Why doesn't HBO fucking remember what episode I am on even though I have my own profile? It always shows the most recent episode, regardless if I'm on that yet, or not. Why is You Tube so greedy that it won't keep playing your video when you are trying to look something else up in the browser (that could be related to the video)? Assholes.

I'm also super annoyed that Walmart online has completely tanked since they launched their plus service. Even if it says available, 1 day shipping, when I add to cart it puts it in the fucking pick up at store option. WHY EVEN OFFER THIS FOR SHIPPING. If I wanted to go to a god damned store I wouldn't be shopping online. And God knows I don't want to go in, or to, a Walmart.

by Anonymousreply 116May 2, 2022 10:37 PM

When people say "it's a bop". Such a frau thing to say.

by Anonymousreply 117May 2, 2022 10:41 PM

Posters like R112.

by Anonymousreply 118May 2, 2022 10:58 PM

Coworkers with annoying laughs. Horrible laughs. Naturally, they constantly laugh all day long for no reason. Anodyne remarks are punctuated but giggles, snickers and guffaws.

“Hi.” HAHAHHAAA

“How are you?” HAHAAAHAHAHA

“Are you going to the meeting later?” HAHAHAAAAA

The problem is that they’re are otherwise above average nice, intelligent, respectful, good workers, smell good - there is nothing wrong with them apart from their stupid laughter, which makes me hate them all the more.

by Anonymousreply 119May 2, 2022 11:23 PM

[quote]everything you buy now, you need a fucking Exacto knife or worse to get into the packaging.

I felt this DEEPLY. I bought a box cutter on Amazon and it came in that hard plastic sealed packaging. I bought that fucking thing to DEAL with shit like that. So fucking infuriated I though it across the room.

by Anonymousreply 120May 2, 2022 11:41 PM

Mary!

by Anonymousreply 121May 2, 2022 11:42 PM

For you bitches having trouble opening rigid plastic casing, I recommend kitchen shears. Those things are designed to cut through sinew and similar tough food-related things. If fact, I originally bought mine to trim heavy felt carpet padding.

by Anonymousreply 122May 3, 2022 1:00 AM

[quote]For the record [R84] women get told shit like “Smile it’s not that bad” etc by old farts like you all the time because they think women are on the earth to look pleasing and sugar and spice and everything nice. Now go fuck yourself.

I doubt if anyone, anywhere, at any time has ever expected you to look pleasing. You seem miserable.

by Anonymousreply 123May 3, 2022 1:10 AM

Relentless unsolicited advice.

by Anonymousreply 124May 3, 2022 3:22 AM

I was watching this video the other week. I thought it was hilarious! This guy’s (AJ Hawk) petty thing is people holding their noses to jump into swimming pools…..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125May 3, 2022 3:37 AM

Greg

by Anonymousreply 126May 3, 2022 3:52 AM

[quote]When people say "it's a bop". Such a frau thing to say.

I have never heard this! Ever!

by Anonymousreply 127May 3, 2022 4:01 AM

Coworkers who sent me a chat message of just “Hi”, then nothing because they are waiting on me to message “Hi” back before they follow up with a question.

Just ask the damn question already!!

by Anonymousreply 128May 3, 2022 4:36 AM

R123 is for sure a sad, fat cunt who is even jealous of people who receive unwanted attention from men

by Anonymousreply 129May 3, 2022 5:04 AM

Has anyone mentioned the floating dots when someone is typing a text message, and then they disappear, but then reappear and you wait and wait and then they stop and don’t send the message?

by Anonymousreply 130May 3, 2022 5:50 AM

R85 it’s not you - it’s them. I can appreciate. I worked for a long time at a company where a lot of people in my department were over the top extroverted. They were often asking me on Wednesday morning what weekend plans I have ahead and usually I hadn’t thought about it even. They of course already had their weekends sewn up with some adventure. I started lying about it like R79 suggested and recommend doing that here and there. But I got tired of trying to always come up with something to sound interesting for them, and half the time I’d forget whatever I told them by the Monday when everyone is having coffee and talking about their weekends . Anyway, I know what you’re dealing with on this one. It’s not a problem with you <3

by Anonymousreply 131May 3, 2022 6:13 AM

You know what annoys me? When someone starts a new thread here, asking for opinions or anecdotes, & says “I’ll start.” You’re the OP, OF COURSE YOU’RE STARTING FFS!

by Anonymousreply 132May 3, 2022 6:45 AM

[quote] Greg

I'm not petty. Now fuck off!

Huzzah!

by Anonymousreply 133May 3, 2022 1:33 PM

I get annoyed by how irrationally angry people get on this site. Cunt this, cunt that... the unhinged need to go nuclear, the constant overreaction, the endless requirement to sift through evidence of a need for therapy, it's really annoying, to be honest.

by Anonymousreply 134May 3, 2022 1:48 PM

R134 me too. But then I wonder if they aren't actually that angry and just talk like that all the time and don't think it's a big deal. It's hard to tell online.

But yes lol, it's definitely jarring when you get a response screaming at you that you're a pathological cunt who needs serious help and should probably just kill yourself. MARY!

by Anonymousreply 135May 3, 2022 1:58 PM

Every Airbnb I have stayed in has nothing but Teflon pans scratched to hell. Who are all these fucking idiots that don't know how to use nonstick cookware? Why don't hosts replace them with something else? Do I need to travel around with my own frypan or buy a new one in every destination?

by Anonymousreply 136May 3, 2022 3:28 PM

R127 Fraus hijacked that from hip young urban kids. Calling songs a bop has been a thing for at least a decade now.. I guess I need to stop saying it lol.

by Anonymousreply 137May 3, 2022 9:36 PM

Paper straws. I know that plastic ones are bad for the environment, but that doesn’t stop me from hating the paper ones. They go soggy quickly.

by Anonymousreply 138May 3, 2022 9:46 PM

Fake nice

by Anonymousreply 139May 3, 2022 9:54 PM

Womens pussies

by Anonymousreply 140May 3, 2022 10:06 PM

Random people asking me where I live so they can find out where I am on the food chain.

by Anonymousreply 141May 3, 2022 10:10 PM

People who ask me what I do for a living.

I DO NOTHING. I have an ample trust fund!

by Anonymousreply 142May 3, 2022 10:25 PM

Men

by Anonymousreply 143May 3, 2022 10:37 PM

When adults use kiddie-slang like "jammies" and "veggies."

When grown ups leap on dumb slang, like calling a song a "banger" or saying "it slaps."

by Anonymousreply 144May 3, 2022 10:42 PM

Brekkie for breakfast sounds sooooo stupid.

by Anonymousreply 145May 3, 2022 10:47 PM

My mom

by Anonymousreply 146May 3, 2022 10:54 PM

Those insipid phone chains. Many companies use them but VERIZON is the worst! "Dial 1 to hear the same stupid message over & over again 2. Dial 2 to pay your bill because that's all we really care about", etc, etc. etc. By the time you're finally able to reach those poor hapless souls in the southeast asian call center, you're livid!

by Anonymousreply 147May 3, 2022 11:22 PM

"Keep my name out of your mouth," I hated that phrase even before Will Smith. It's a fake tough way of saying waaah, don't talk about me!!

by Anonymousreply 148May 3, 2022 11:47 PM

People with nose rings. But especially when men have nose rings.

by Anonymousreply 149May 4, 2022 12:16 AM

I'm not sure why edgy means putting a hole in your nostril, either.

by Anonymousreply 150May 4, 2022 12:17 AM

Paying for a coffee or fast food with a card at the counter and being asked how much you want to tip. The tipping culture in the US has gotten out of control.

by Anonymousreply 151May 4, 2022 12:24 AM

The flaming bags of poop that people throw on my front porch.

by Anonymousreply 152May 4, 2022 12:35 AM

I’m tired of farting

by Anonymousreply 153May 4, 2022 12:35 AM

R111- I hate when ANYTHING falls to the floor and I have to bend down to pick it up and at those moments I wish the gravitational pull of the earth would change.

by Anonymousreply 154May 4, 2022 12:35 AM

Poor-quality perforations on paper towels that don't separate cleanly and tear chunks of the next towel off. Poor-quality sealed bags, such as the bags that hold cereal, which split down the middle when you try to pull them open.

Just poor quality control in general.

by Anonymousreply 155May 4, 2022 12:39 AM

R151- Once a week I go to a Natural foods store. When I go to the food counter to buy a piece of Spinach pie or Hummus Wrap I see a HUGE tip jar on the counter. The woman behind the counter always looks sullen - perhaps because I'm not caving in to the endless tipping SHIT.

The prices at that store are fairly high and I don't mind paying those prices but it's offensive to be expected to tip someone at the food counter. Why doesn't the god damn owner pay his employees a proper wage so the customers don't have supplement their wages.

by Anonymousreply 156May 4, 2022 12:41 AM

DL people this is a petty thing that may annoy YOU but it does not annoy me.

I ALWAYS eat my soup with a teaspoon never a tablespoon. It's a big bowl of soup too.

by Anonymousreply 157May 4, 2022 12:44 AM

Is it because you have a tiny little girly mouth, Miss R157?

by Anonymousreply 158May 4, 2022 12:48 AM

R158- Perhaps

by Anonymousreply 159May 4, 2022 12:53 AM

[quote]...and those over 50?

We progress from petty to cunty.

by Anonymousreply 160May 4, 2022 12:59 AM

Whenever there is a Starbucks inside a grocery store, there's at least five douchebags in line at all times with permanent neck slumping mindlessly scrolling their phones like reverse anthropology

by Anonymousreply 161May 4, 2022 1:23 AM

R161- Sorry, but I hate when people refer to a supermarket as a GROCERY store.

by Anonymousreply 162May 4, 2022 1:28 AM

It IS a grocery store

by Anonymousreply 163May 4, 2022 1:38 AM

R162. Wow you got issues.

by Anonymousreply 164May 4, 2022 1:38 AM

When burger fast food places forget to put ketchup in the bag. In general, condiments customary to the meal being eaten left out of the bag by minimum wage dolts. I know I'm a munt(male cunt).

by Anonymousreply 165May 4, 2022 1:40 AM

R163, Right a supermarket is a type of grocery store. A delicatessen is a type of grocery store. A brick and mortar farmers market is a type of grocery store.

by Anonymousreply 166May 4, 2022 1:43 AM

The Constitution

by Anonymousreply 167May 4, 2022 1:45 AM

People who just throw things into the dishwasher with zero thought about what should go where. It looks like a monkey loaded it. They also put sharp knives, wooden utensils, and other things that should not go into the dishwasher. Also, not using the dishwasher space correctly to maximize efficiency.

by Anonymousreply 168May 4, 2022 1:53 AM

[quote]Poor-quality perforations on paper towels that don't separate cleanly and tear chunks of the next towel off. Poor-quality sealed bags, such as the bags that hold cereal, which split down the middle when you try to pull them open.

Just poor quality control in general.

R155 Maybe you're buy cheap knockoffs of Bounty?

by Anonymousreply 169May 4, 2022 1:59 AM

On garbage day with the rolling cansWhen people don’t close the lids on the garbage can all the way and overstuff it with all their crap . Flies. People who use RoundUp but must have organic food farm to table and even organic potting soil. When people kill indoor spiders instead of shooing them out the door. Shoes on the bed. Lots of things. Lord help me!

by Anonymousreply 170May 4, 2022 2:01 AM

Farmers are one of the most propped up by the government dime groups ever. Even the rich ones get all kinds of subsidies. I never feel sorry for them.

by Anonymousreply 171May 4, 2022 2:22 AM

People who buy a new car, and don't remove the lopsided warning decal on the driver's side window.

by Anonymousreply 172May 4, 2022 3:47 AM

Two people have now mentioned some weird square or lopsided stickers on new cars? What the hell are you talking about??

by Anonymousreply 173May 4, 2022 4:02 AM

R173, are you from New York?

by Anonymousreply 174May 4, 2022 4:39 AM

No, R174. Is it a New York thing? You'd think either of those posters might have mentioned it was a local thing.

by Anonymousreply 175May 4, 2022 5:07 AM

R175, a lot of New Yorkers aren't used to cars cuz ppl never drive. Thought u might be one who never noticed that.

by Anonymousreply 176May 4, 2022 5:42 AM

R159 This! Lately all the bog rolls do this, and they're too fat to fit a recessed receptacle. It's wasteful and maddening.

by Anonymousreply 177May 4, 2022 5:49 AM

^sorry, above meant for R155

by Anonymousreply 178May 4, 2022 5:50 AM

I've lived in a town filled with cars for over 40 years. I've bought several in my lifetime. What square, lopsided sticker on new cars are you all talking about?

by Anonymousreply 179May 4, 2022 6:42 AM

I HATE when people try to sound fauncy by saying “vehicle” instead of car. It’s too many syllables & is so unspecific. A vehicle could be a skateboard, an Amish buggy, a UFO, whatever. Call it what it is: a car, truck, SUV, hearse.

by Anonymousreply 180May 4, 2022 6:46 AM

Mary!!

by Anonymousreply 181May 4, 2022 6:48 AM

R114 here. Sorry R179 I guess the sticker is found only on new California cars. I didn’t realize the rest of the country did not have them. It’s such a stupid sticker and waste of money by the state. Here’s what it looks like.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182May 4, 2022 9:30 AM

I hate it when i feel like shit first thing in the morning.

by Anonymousreply 183May 4, 2022 10:31 AM

Walking with boss and coworkers from the office to a nearby restaurant for a team lunch. I hate small talk, I hate dining out in groups larger than six, I hate having to pretend I’m enjoying myself.

by Anonymousreply 184May 4, 2022 11:10 AM

To add to R165's complaint, I hate when they neglect to put napkins in the bag.

by Anonymousreply 185May 4, 2022 11:16 AM

I'm annoyed by the many vehicles I see lately that have a rear window wiper that still has the plastic wrapped around it.

by Anonymousreply 186May 4, 2022 11:17 AM

I hate forced celebration, especially my birthdays. I never feel like having a party but it's expected and people bug you if you don't do anything to celebrate. Hate hate hate that.

by Anonymousreply 187May 4, 2022 11:17 AM

R187 Do what I've always done: I say I want to be alone with my partner, boyfriend, etc... If you're single, lie to them, and tell them you've met someone, and much prefer a romantic and intimate evening with X... they won't ask again. I started doing that with NYE twenty-five years ago, and it does work; they stop asking.

by Anonymousreply 188May 4, 2022 11:34 AM

I hate people slouching / not lifting their feet. Shuffle. Shuffle. Shuffle. Argh!

(The elderly and disabled are of course exempt from my contempt)

by Anonymousreply 189May 4, 2022 11:49 AM

When people say "no worries" after you thank them instead of "you're welcome". It just doesn't sound as polite. It's as if you both now know you have, in fact, just put them out but they're assuring you it's okay and not to worry about it (even though the "thank you" is usually for something like them handing you your McDonald's bag out the drive-thru window).

by Anonymousreply 190May 4, 2022 12:37 PM

In similar vain: “No problem”, R190

by Anonymousreply 191May 4, 2022 2:03 PM

This bitch who helped spring me from an Alabama prison over the weekend gives terrible head! She’s all 🦷. I miss my old cell mate who knew how to swallow it perfectly. Petty, I know…

by Anonymousreply 192May 4, 2022 2:17 PM

That time that Richard Petty gave petty cash to Tom Petty.

by Anonymousreply 193May 4, 2022 2:21 PM

I hate items that come in resealable pouches where the seal is so tight the packaging rips off the pouch instead of opening it.

by Anonymousreply 194May 4, 2022 4:30 PM

Greg. I don't hate him but his mulish insistence on his stupid posts that are all about him really annoys me. Then I think, there's something missing there, so I am being unkind.

by Anonymousreply 195May 4, 2022 4:32 PM

Smug. Irritates the fuck out of me. But they're the jackass, so why should I care?

by Anonymousreply 196May 4, 2022 4:32 PM

Plastic cover with a tip at the corner that says “open here”, only to either tear the thing in half OR you tear the tip and only the tip itself off.

by Anonymousreply 197May 4, 2022 5:00 PM

[quote]Fake nice

This is sometimes called "midwest nice" which I resent because I live in the midwest and don't consider myself fake or nice.

by Anonymousreply 198May 4, 2022 5:17 PM

"For all intensive purposes"

by Anonymousreply 199May 4, 2022 5:22 PM

R199 Also, 'supposively'

by Anonymousreply 200May 4, 2022 5:45 PM

People who drive too aggressively & think they own the road. These tend to be people that drive expensive vehicles or SUVs. They expect YOU to get out of the way for THEM! They drive way too fast especially down residential streets. They tend to run red lights, stop signs and honk at you if they think you’re driving too slow or they want to get around you. You could call it dangerous and entitled driving!

Also, they tend to take up two parking spaces, park in handicap spots when not handicapped, etc….

by Anonymousreply 201May 4, 2022 5:46 PM

Plastic packaging that won't open without a knife or scissors.

by Anonymousreply 202May 4, 2022 5:47 PM

I have a few which I feel are legit, but I’ll start with 2:

When people (mostly women) post a review and it starts with I Love, love, love it! It’s annoying as hell and used everywhere including YouTube reviews.

When someone on Amazon (or other online retailers) asks a specific question about a product and someone answers, ‘I don’t know I haven’t opened the package yet and tried it.’ Or, I gave it as a gift so I don’t know.’ Then why the hell are you even responding?!

by Anonymousreply 203May 4, 2022 5:51 PM

I hate how Canadian white people think they're above American racism. I have straight up had Canadians tell me the Trudeau blackface wasn't racist, that's just an American view. Plus, you know, a history of enslaving and commiting genocide on indigenous people. That sweet and polite rap they get is totally unearned.

by Anonymousreply 204May 4, 2022 5:54 PM

R198 it’s also called nicety

by Anonymousreply 205May 4, 2022 8:44 PM

When someone on Amazon (or other online retailers) asks a specific question about a product and someone answers, ‘I don’t know I haven’t opened the package yet and tried it.’ Or, I gave it as a gift so I don’t know.’ Then why the hell are you even responding?!

Omg, this is truth. Its so condenscending and insulting. Are they telling them to say that from corporate. "Oh gee, golly guess I have to buy this shit to find out". They cannot think we consumers, are that naive.

by Anonymousreply 206May 4, 2022 8:48 PM

When someone posts a question, Amazon spams it out to others who bought the same product. A shocking number of people think they're responding directly to the person who asked the question.

I love the rare occasions when the answer is something like: "Who are you??? Why are you tracking my Amazon purchases??? How did you get my email??? Do NOT contact me again!!!!!!"

by Anonymousreply 207May 4, 2022 9:27 PM

80s music. It's everywhere and you can't escape it.

by Anonymousreply 208May 4, 2022 9:33 PM

Morons that make a ton of changes to a recipe and then give it a bad review or conversely make a ton of changes and give it a great review. You did not make the recipe, you made something totally different you nincompoop.

by Anonymousreply 209May 4, 2022 9:45 PM

[quote]I almost always bring all of my food into the house at once because I have no patience to make several trips- unfortunately this often causes me to get Hemorrhoids.

Do you carry them between your butt cheeks?

by Anonymousreply 210May 4, 2022 9:50 PM

You know those giant flashing arrows and all those construction barriers with flashing lights on the top that are making everyone else move over to the lane the giant flashing arrow is pointing to? That means you are supposed to fucking merge, not speed the fuck up trying to pass everyone and then sitting there right as the lanes merge into each other with your fucking blinker on clogging up the whole process so you get four cars ahead of where you would have been anyway if you'd just fucking merged when you saw the giant flashing fucking arrow in the first place! Assholes, every one of them.

by Anonymousreply 211May 4, 2022 9:52 PM

[quote]You know those giant flashing arrows and all those construction barriers with flashing lights on the top that are making everyone else move over to the lane the giant flashing arrow is pointing to? That means you are supposed to fucking merge

"According to the Michigan Department of Transportation, and several traffic experts, merging early in an effort to be polite to other drivers is inadvertently making traffic worse."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212May 4, 2022 9:55 PM

Clickbait titles on YouTube. Travel vloggers will post "SHOCKED by New York!!!""Puerto Vallarta is like THIS???" Yes, idiot, are you really going to pretend you never saw any of the other hundreds of videos about your destination before you went there?

by Anonymousreply 213May 4, 2022 9:56 PM

People who use "that" instead of "who."

by Anonymousreply 214May 4, 2022 9:58 PM

[quote]Morons that make a ton of changes to a recipe and then give it a bad review or conversely make a ton of changes and give it a great review. You did not make the recipe, you made something totally different you nincompoop.

I love the word "nincompoop" - thank you.

by Anonymousreply 215May 4, 2022 10:00 PM

[quote]Morons that make a ton of changes to ...

I stand corrected r214!

by Anonymousreply 216May 4, 2022 10:03 PM

People who answer a question with a question. Is this a game to you? I'll gouge out your eye, motherfucker!

by Anonymousreply 217May 4, 2022 10:06 PM

Pretty junior miss dresses on wire hangers

by Anonymousreply 218May 4, 2022 10:07 PM

Jokes.

by Anonymousreply 219May 4, 2022 10:08 PM

People changing money in the temple

by Anonymousreply 220May 4, 2022 10:12 PM

R217, I don't know...is it a game to you? Really, what are you trying to say? Hmm?

by Anonymousreply 221May 4, 2022 10:12 PM

[quote]People who don’t know the difference in meaning between the words exacerbate and exasperate and use them interchangeably in conversations.

People who don't give a flying fuck that I know the difference in meaning between the words exacerbate and exasperate (read: every human being that ever existed.)

by Anonymousreply 222May 4, 2022 10:14 PM

She said it again!! "This weather is good for the farmers." OMG, I wanted to SNAP.

by Anonymousreply 223May 4, 2022 10:23 PM

People who honk outside my house and expect me to go outside

by Anonymousreply 224May 4, 2022 10:30 PM

R224 Are you a 1970's teenager? I agree that honking in a neighborhood is a pain in the ass, I didn't know it was directed at anyone in particular.

by Anonymousreply 225May 4, 2022 10:34 PM

[quote][R175], a lot of New Yorkers aren't used to cars cuz ppl never drive. Thought u might be one who never noticed that.

To the contrary, MILLIONS of New Yorkers own and drive cars every day. It is the very definition of a car culture city.

by Anonymousreply 226May 4, 2022 10:36 PM

Inane chatter. I got a text from a fellow retiree this morning wishing me a happy Wednesday, noting it was only 2 days to Friday. I reminded her that we were both retired, which led her to say she’s always working. That prompted me to ask what, then, was the significance of the reference to Friday?

by Anonymousreply 227May 4, 2022 10:41 PM

[quote]People who answer a question with a question. Is this a game to you? I'll gouge out your eye, motherfucker!

That would be a hate crime, you anti-Semite!

by Anonymousreply 228May 4, 2022 10:42 PM

Idiots. See r226.

by Anonymousreply 229May 4, 2022 10:46 PM

Juries.

by Anonymousreply 230May 4, 2022 10:47 PM

No r225. My mom does it and it annoys me.

by Anonymousreply 231May 4, 2022 10:53 PM

Blind assholes. See r229.

by Anonymousreply 232May 4, 2022 10:53 PM

R223 next time it rains, look her in the eye and say: "It's pouring cats and dogs, but I bet the bloody farmers will be thankful, eh?"

by Anonymousreply 233May 4, 2022 10:54 PM

Look her in the eye and say “art fart shit tit”

by Anonymousreply 234May 4, 2022 10:59 PM

I think you should in a completely matter-of-fact way say that rain hurts crops. Farmers hate rain because they have their watering controlled to such a degree that the rain fucks up their sytems and ends up overwatering and ruining the crops.

by Anonymousreply 235May 4, 2022 11:07 PM

No shit?

by Anonymousreply 236May 4, 2022 11:14 PM

And I don't care, R235, lol.

by Anonymousreply 237May 4, 2022 11:16 PM

R23- You are supposed to be on the left if you are walking. Helps you see oncoming cars.

by Anonymousreply 238May 4, 2022 11:19 PM

I hope I can shit before it kills me

by Anonymousreply 239May 4, 2022 11:33 PM

I am now shitting

by Anonymousreply 240May 4, 2022 11:46 PM

That people expect those working in service positions, generally earning min. wage or less, use language they want to hear instead of what suits the worker and is perfectly acceptable speech.

by Anonymousreply 241May 4, 2022 11:49 PM

No tip for you, R241

by Anonymousreply 242May 4, 2022 11:54 PM

R242 that's fine.

Tipping is giving into a control freak's need to punish "servants" for their behavior while rewarding bosses that expect profit gotten at slave wages.

It's the intersection of the psychopath and the sociopath in our capitalist culture.

by Anonymousreply 243May 4, 2022 11:57 PM

"Now that's what it's all about!"

Fucking hate it.

by Anonymousreply 244May 5, 2022 12:49 AM

[quote]No [R225]. My mom does it and it annoys me.

I condole you.

by Anonymousreply 245May 5, 2022 1:09 AM

R20 - Do... people still... use phones?

by Anonymousreply 246May 5, 2022 1:40 AM

People who... eh, screw it. Let's just leave it at people.

by Anonymousreply 247May 5, 2022 1:41 AM

R162 Only suburban moms call it a supermarket

by Anonymousreply 248May 5, 2022 1:47 AM

As usual on DL, this thread has deteriorated to a few squabbling posters. Thanks, OP, it was a great thread while it lasted.

by Anonymousreply 249May 5, 2022 2:20 AM

When I'm leaving for or returning from my daily walk and some motorist driving by turns to stare at who's leaving/entering the abode. Voyeuristic, creepy behavior (matching people to where they live). And people who don't watch the road at all times should lose their licenses. Maybe then they'll stop bitching about gas nonstop.

by Anonymousreply 250May 5, 2022 2:51 AM

They did not enslave the indigenous, R204. Flat out wrong.

by Anonymousreply 251May 5, 2022 3:10 AM

Why is it such a sin to say "committed suicide" now? Everyone says "died by suicide" as an alternative. This is why I can see what people mean when they complain about "cancel culture." They just pick random, arbitrary things that not a single person complained about for how many thousands of years and all the sudden they're a huge problem.

by Anonymousreply 252May 5, 2022 4:07 AM

Long-windedness. When talking and when writing. People ramble on and on, then say "long story short," and it's too late. Your long story is already too long. Writing: someone writes blocks of texts, then writes TL;DR _____. Put the TL;DR at the top.

by Anonymousreply 253May 5, 2022 5:02 AM

When a washer repair person comes over to fix your appliance & they do not check the most obvious cause. You make a small suggestion after researching the problem for an hour and they dismiss your suggestion. Then they say it’s a plumbing issue and say call a plumber. The problem is still not fixed and they still charge me 75 bucks.

by Anonymousreply 254May 5, 2022 6:01 AM

When someone on Twitter asks something very specific, and so many people who flood the replies aren't who the question is for. The one I have in mind is: "Who here has never gotten covid?" Just about every other reply says things like, "I've had it twice" "I had it once at the beginning" "Had Delta but not Omicron yet" "Just came down with it" "My whole family just tested positive and most of us have symptoms", etc. I'm interested in this subject and would like to know about other people who haven't gotten it, but those replies just ruin the thread. Very annoying.

by Anonymousreply 255May 5, 2022 6:43 AM

R248 Alice & I are going to do our marketing later.

by Anonymousreply 256May 5, 2022 6:44 AM

Drama Queens on FaceBook or other social media who post their big drama, with pics but don't tell you what happened. They troll for OMG comments, so glad you are safe, or hugs or whatever but keep you guessing as to what really happens. Why the fuck are you posting pic if you wont say what happened? Attention Whores Maybe?

by Anonymousreply 257May 5, 2022 6:59 AM

I hate on DL when I’m reading a reply and it refers to another reply like for example R100. If I click on it it takes me all the way up to that response and I lose my place where I was reading before. Does this happen to anyone else? I did not used to do that. it used to just show the response right above the response you were reading.

by Anonymousreply 258May 5, 2022 9:02 AM

I hate it when my dog just rolls over and falls asleep in my bed at bedtime and does not want to cuddle. I need a little lovin’ before sleeping! She’ll be all lovey-dovey in the morning with me. But I think it’s because she’s excited about eating breakfast.

by Anonymousreply 259May 5, 2022 9:04 AM

R258 simply hover over the RXXX… let your mouse pointer rest on it, the reply will then be shown as a little pop-up bubble. Don't click. Hover.

by Anonymousreply 260May 5, 2022 9:16 AM

Hahahaha It seems like Zombie Andy Rooney from 60 minutes has staggered to a keyboard to type with disintegrating fingers i this thread.

That old troll was bitching about impenetrable plastic packaging decades ago!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261May 5, 2022 11:53 AM

[quote] Why is it such a sin to say "committed suicide" now? Everyone says "died by suicide" as an alternative. This is why I can see what people mean when they complain about "cancel culture." They just pick random, arbitrary things that not a single person complained about for how many thousands of years and all the sudden they're a huge problem.

"Birthing bodies,""unhoused people"...

by Anonymousreply 262May 5, 2022 12:02 PM

What IS the rule about where pedestrians in the road should walk?

by Anonymousreply 263May 5, 2022 12:27 PM

Earrings

by Anonymousreply 264May 5, 2022 12:35 PM

CAFTANS!

by Anonymousreply 265May 5, 2022 12:35 PM

AR had every right to bitch about water! Firstly, the bottles are terrible for the environment and secondly, no one needs to be wandering around all day with a water bottle! Whatever happened to drinking from a glass while at your desk? Offices should ban single use bottles and have nice water dispensers which encourage people to use glasses or reusable bottles.

by Anonymousreply 266May 5, 2022 12:44 PM

R263 If you’re referring to direction, with or against traffic, in the United States, the rule is you walk against traffic.

by Anonymousreply 267May 5, 2022 1:01 PM

I hate when people greet each other and instead of saying Hi they say

HEY

Are you a fuckin horse 🐴

by Anonymousreply 268May 5, 2022 1:17 PM

R262 You can add "depopulate" to your list. It's used instead of KILL. I recently heard it used when talking about the avian flu. A flock of chickens was depopulated.

by Anonymousreply 269May 5, 2022 2:32 PM

When I'm driving down a main street at a fairly good clip and there are no cars behind me, and someone is looking to pull out from a side street and hesitates and hesitates, then when I'm close they decide to pull out in front of me as if in a big hurry, then they go REALLY slow. Bitch, if you were in that big a hurry you should be going fast. I don't mind so much when someone does that then guns it and goes as fast or even faster than me. They seem like they're in a hurry. But slow, or even worse super slow, what the fuck was the point? Since there were no cars behind me you could have waited.

by Anonymousreply 270May 5, 2022 3:06 PM

Lady Colin Campbell's voice, laugh and too long hair.

by Anonymousreply 271May 5, 2022 3:37 PM

When the DL trolls derail a thread by repeatedly and obsessively claiming that OP's story is fake, an EST and a lie. My dudes, you are not tasked with uncovering the big conspiracies of our time! You are reading an anonymous forum and have the full right to not participate in a thread if you have nothing to add to the discussion. The assumption that everyone is lying and the hysterical effort to 'catch' them isn't a contribution, it's incredibly annoying, old and tired and it makes you a TROLL!

by Anonymousreply 272May 5, 2022 3:55 PM

Nobody:

Literally nobody:

by Anonymousreply 273May 5, 2022 4:12 PM

People who have no idea what highway on-ramps are for. They exist to give you time to accelerate to speeds comparable to cars already on the highway. This morning I was behind some guy who plodded along the on-ramp at 20mph, and then stopped instead of merging. JFC, if you’re so afraid of other traffic take a goddamned bus instead.

by Anonymousreply 274May 5, 2022 4:50 PM

Anyone who says "my dudes".

by Anonymousreply 275May 5, 2022 5:04 PM

Troll detected at R275.

by Anonymousreply 276May 5, 2022 5:19 PM

I usually get to work early and the parking lot is almost empty, so I can check DL, listen to the radio show, whatever.

It infuriates me when someone pulls in 2 min later and parks right next to me. Bitch, there are 50 other open spots! Why are you parking right next to someone, especially when they are sitting in their car!

And half the time they are too close and I can barely get the passenger door open to take out my bag.

by Anonymousreply 277May 5, 2022 5:28 PM

[quote]They exist to give you time to accelerate to speeds comparable to cars already on the highway. This morning I was behind some guy who plodded along the on-ramp at 20mph, and then stopped instead of merging. JFC, if you’re so afraid of other traffic take a goddamned bus instead.

Now, I will say (as the person you might be railing at), sometimes onramps have speed limits and if you're not familiar with the highway, you may not realize what you're merging into

by Anonymousreply 278May 5, 2022 5:29 PM

R260 thanks for the tip but it doesn’t work for me because I use an iPad. It’s either tap or no tap. Unless I’m doing something wrong?

by Anonymousreply 279May 5, 2022 6:15 PM

Racial profiling

by Anonymousreply 280May 5, 2022 6:36 PM

uninteresting boring topics!

by Anonymousreply 281May 5, 2022 6:43 PM

R279, press and hold on your iPad or phone. It has the same effect as hovering.

by Anonymousreply 282May 5, 2022 6:57 PM

Anyone telling me to call them- just tell me what you fucking want. I don't have time for that shit. (drives me crazy). They get a better answer anyway if I don't have to answer things off the cuff- do they need my immediate reactions?

And whistling. I hate public spitting and littering a lot too (especially on beaches) but I don't think those are petty)

by Anonymousreply 283May 5, 2022 7:12 PM

Thank you R23. I was beginning to think I had imagined the whole walk to the right thing since no one else seems to observe it. Nice to be validated. I am enjoying this but also getting very annoyed by reading these.

by Anonymousreply 284May 5, 2022 7:15 PM

R282 thank you I finally figured it out! I need to press and hold and then lift my finger off the screen. No more losing my place! Yay!

by Anonymousreply 285May 5, 2022 7:18 PM

Op reminded me of something, I hate it when people post books that they clearly never read as "favorite books" in social media profile. The reason the op reminded me of this is that back when I used Facebook, I noticed that someone I knew listed the Famer's Almanac as her favorite book. That is NOBODY'S favorite book.

by Anonymousreply 286May 5, 2022 7:37 PM

When someone "backs in" to a parking spot.

by Anonymousreply 287May 5, 2022 7:51 PM

Sheepishly raising hand……… I do that R287. But I have good reasons! I also try to do it when no one’s around so I don’t impede any other cars progress.

by Anonymousreply 288May 5, 2022 8:17 PM

Thanks for your diligence r288. In my experience, it's usually a big ass truck with dually wheels and the driver is completely oblivious to the traffic waiting for his dumbass, oversized truck into a stupid parking space.

I also don't understand the rationale of a person that won't pull through to an open spot IN FRONT OF THEM. it eliminates the need to back out!

by Anonymousreply 289May 5, 2022 8:24 PM

What's wrong with backing into a space? It makes coming out easier and safer.

by Anonymousreply 290May 5, 2022 8:46 PM

it's the amount of time it usually takes for the asshole to back in. Sort of a "stop the world for me and my big ass truck/SUV while i back in to make it all about me."

by Anonymousreply 291May 5, 2022 8:51 PM

[quote]I also don't understand the rationale of a person that won't pull through to an open spot IN FRONT OF THEM. it eliminates the need to back out!

R287 Correct!

by Anonymousreply 292May 5, 2022 10:13 PM

[quote]It infuriates me when someone pulls in 2 min later and parks right next to me. Bitch, there are 50 other open spots! Why are you parking right next to someone, especially when they are sitting in their car!

R277 Maybe that person is interested in you. Why not invite them over to your car?

by Anonymousreply 293May 5, 2022 10:14 PM

Adults with a childlike palate. There are grown ass people out there who only eat pizza, chicken tenders, plain burgers and nothing else. I find them infuriatingly sheltered.

by Anonymousreply 294May 5, 2022 10:18 PM

R294, this is the 294th time you have written this here on datalounge. You have issues, man!

by Anonymousreply 295May 5, 2022 10:21 PM

When driving, people who have the right a way but they want you to go first. I was doing a left hand turn, there was no light, and waiting for traffic to clear when this other driver making a right hand turn just stopped, the combination of sun light and tinted windows didn't allow me to see the driver, so I couldn't see if they were motioning for me to go. I just sat there and the other driver just sat there. Eventually I just turned in front of him, but if there would have been an accident it would have been my fault.

Oh and then the other driver tailgated me even though I was going faster than the speed limit and it was a four lane road and they could have easily just passed me.

by Anonymousreply 296May 5, 2022 10:23 PM

these topics really bring out the bitches on wheels.

by Anonymousreply 297May 5, 2022 10:25 PM

Greg at R294.

by Anonymousreply 298May 5, 2022 10:28 PM

[quote] Greg at [R294].

Sorry, but that wasn't me. I always sign my posts.

by Anonymousreply 299May 5, 2022 11:07 PM

R290 long into my employment, the county is worked for decided we all needed driver’s training, in case we ever had to drive during work hours to an offsite training session.

We watched a prehistoric DMV video on VHS, one of the things we learned was it’s safer to back into a parking space, so do this whenever possible.

So the next day I hooked up during lunch with my fuckbuddy, parked in the lot after lunch, & backed into the space, using my newfound knowledge. And promptly got a parking ticket! Apparently since we had stickers for our designated parking, you weren’t supposed to back into the space. Even after being told it’s preferential to do so.

by Anonymousreply 300May 5, 2022 11:41 PM

Couples who refer to each other as BABE

by Anonymousreply 301May 6, 2022 12:05 AM

R301 One time is permittable, but relentless "Babe" back and forth will provoke a wishful breakup vibration

by Anonymousreply 302May 6, 2022 12:08 AM

In northern CA during the 80s, you called everyone past the acquaintance level "babe".

by Anonymousreply 303May 6, 2022 12:14 AM

I definitely prefer babe to bae. Unless it's the British version, "how are you, babes?" I don't know why they use the plural when they're addressing a single person. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 304May 6, 2022 12:23 AM

R301 i’ve heard Tom Brady say that all the time. Of course he’s from Northern California.

by Anonymousreply 305May 6, 2022 12:29 AM

[quote] So the next day I hooked up during lunch with my fuckbuddy, parked in the lot after lunch, & backed into the space, using my newfound knowledge. And promptly got a parking ticket!

On the plus side, you did get laid.

by Anonymousreply 306May 6, 2022 12:34 AM

Right now, black flies. They.Are.Vicious.

by Anonymousreply 307May 6, 2022 12:56 AM

R293 I think the next door parker might be a bad parker and needs to pull in next to someone to make sure she gets into the spot straight.

She's got to be 20 years older than me, with Oompa Loompa hair and definitely not my type.

by Anonymousreply 308May 6, 2022 1:41 AM

[quote]Sorry, but that wasn't me. I always sign my posts.

R299 No you don't, Greg. If you were really "Greg", your signature would be in red. There are no number of Greg's on DL. The only way to prove you are the one and only is to register as Greg and post as Greg. Until you do that, you are a fraud my dear.

by Anonymousreply 309May 6, 2022 1:41 AM

Absolutely, R296. I just read recently that people who do that can inadvertently cause accidents because they are disregarding the rules regarding the right of way and it throws other drivers off. I see people do it a lot at 4-way stop intersections.

by Anonymousreply 310May 6, 2022 1:42 AM

[quote]Sorry, but that wasn't me. I always sign my posts.

Greg, why aren't your posts signed in red? These are bullshit posts. If you can't afford $2 a month to share all your recipes with us, I feel bad for you.

by Anonymousreply 311May 6, 2022 1:55 AM

A lot of people don’t know that when two cars come to a stop sign at the same time perpendicular to each other the person on the right has the right of way.

by Anonymousreply 312May 6, 2022 2:06 AM

This thread has annoyed me for days because I keep reading it as:

Pretty Things

by Anonymousreply 313May 6, 2022 2:20 AM

I've said this elsewhere but I really dislike it when someone being interviewed begins their answer with the word "so". A lot of this is happening these past couple years by infectious disease specialists being interviewed on news radio stations. So many of them begin their answers with "So...". And, while I'm here, I'll add that a surprising number of female doctors use upspeak when interviewed. Grateful for all doctors and the work that they do, but it would sound better if they would not begin their answers with "so", and never, ever use upspeak.

by Anonymousreply 314May 6, 2022 5:26 AM

People who don't know the difference between regime and regimen.

by Anonymousreply 315May 6, 2022 11:01 AM

Cashiers being forced to ask "Did you find everything you were looking for?"

If I hadn't, why would I or anyone wait until check out to ask about it? Don't most shoppers ask an associate in the aisles or go to Customer Service Desk if they can't find something BEFORE they check out?

I've never heard anyone answer the question with anything besides "Yes, thanks". The entire exchange is a waste of time.

by Anonymousreply 316May 6, 2022 11:12 AM

I think that is Greg. I have him on block and I can only read the people calling him out for being... himself.

by Anonymousreply 317May 6, 2022 11:14 AM

Crocs, who the fuck is still wearing them? Stupidest fad ever. And no I don't care how comfortable they are, so are black socks and saddles. Who do you think you are? Mario Batali?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318May 6, 2022 11:48 AM

[quote] What's wrong with backing into a space?

90% of the guys on DL back in. They're pre-lubed and ready to go

by Anonymousreply 319May 6, 2022 11:50 AM

All the cables in my possession that used to or still do or perhaps might charge by stupid devices. Plus the inevitable purchases to mate one to the other after each change, I mean improvement, by fucking Apple. (Which is now just a greedy brand like the rest of them.)

by Anonymousreply 320May 6, 2022 12:32 PM

R316 I do appreciate the question, as it happens that I was looking for something, it wasn’t there, and the cashier informed me said item was going to get restocked the next week.

by Anonymousreply 321May 6, 2022 12:53 PM

Cleaning up blood spray.

by Anonymousreply 322May 6, 2022 1:25 PM

Newscasters and regular people who pronounce the word “cavalry” as “Calvary.” The first describes an elite, highly mobile, well-armed military reconnaissance unit. The second is when a Jewish carpenter is nailed to a cross.

by Anonymousreply 323May 6, 2022 1:47 PM

R316 is tedious. There are plenty of time I didn't find what I was looking for and no sales clerk was around. Or many times when they asked that question I ask them about another product or just general inquiry about the retain store.

by Anonymousreply 324May 6, 2022 2:57 PM

I am annoyed by petty, stalled out shop bottoms, like R324.

by Anonymousreply 325May 6, 2022 7:41 PM

[quote] Greg, why aren't your posts signed in red? These are bullshit posts. If you can't afford $2 a month to share all your recipes with us, I feel bad for you.

Because I don't give a shit if they're signed in red.

And what kind of idiot is R309 saying:

[quote] No you don't, Greg. If you were really "Greg", your signature would be in red. There are no number of Greg's on DL. The only way to prove you are the one and only is to register as Greg and post as Greg. Until you do that, you are a fraud my dear.

Huh? I don't want my signature in red. Not now, not ever.

by Anonymousreply 326May 6, 2022 7:54 PM

Leave Greg alone.

by Anonymousreply 327May 6, 2022 8:03 PM

The driveway thing is not petty at all, R100.

by Anonymousreply 328May 6, 2022 10:51 PM

When someone offers to wash the dishes but doesn't wipe and clean the stove and counter tops.

by Anonymousreply 329May 6, 2022 11:02 PM

[quote] I ALWAYS eat my soup with a teaspoon never a tablespoon. It's a big bowl of soup too.

You're supposed to use a soup spoon.

by Anonymousreply 330May 6, 2022 11:26 PM

I chug my soup - no utensils needed.

by Anonymousreply 331May 6, 2022 11:32 PM

Comments on the internet

by Anonymousreply 332May 7, 2022 12:14 AM

I've been looking forward to spring all winter of course but I forgot how much I hate classic cars and the people who drive them. Just because the weather is nice doesn't mean that you have to drag out your old shitty mustang, corvette, 70s muscle car or 50s Chevy whatever. Get a life. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 333May 7, 2022 12:15 AM

Lol, R333. That's hilarious and I can picture people tooling around in Model Ts and scarves or whatever. I do like the early '80s Corvettes.

by Anonymousreply 334May 7, 2022 12:53 AM

I too use a teaspoon for soup. It keeps the slobber show and mess to a minimum.

by Anonymousreply 335May 7, 2022 3:23 AM

I use a straw. Paper, of course. The hot liquid loosens my dentures.

by Anonymousreply 336May 7, 2022 12:42 PM

Madonna's continued descent into oblivion really annoys me.

by Anonymousreply 337May 7, 2022 2:04 PM

When I was a kid I would drink Kool-aid with a teaspoon to make it last longer. You guys are making me feel like Darfur Orphan.

by Anonymousreply 338May 7, 2022 2:40 PM

What is a teaspoon?

by Anonymousreply 339May 7, 2022 2:41 PM

People talking about their children or grandchildren.

An unmade bed

Dirty dishes in the sink

Not putting things away: for example, grocery carts left in the middle of the parking lot. Another example are weights not pt back or not taken off machines or racks at the gym. Although, for the latter, I'll put them back myself, thus incorporating that into my routine of the day

by Anonymousreply 340May 7, 2022 3:00 PM

The loss in our nomenclature of the terms "divorced" and/or "widowed" mother. They're all now, simply, "single" mothers.

by Anonymousreply 341May 7, 2022 5:04 PM

Why on earth does that annoy you, R341?

by Anonymousreply 342May 7, 2022 5:05 PM

Because - strictly speaking in the heterosexual realm - there's a difference between mothers who didn't marry the father of their child, mothers who are divorced from the father of their child, & mothers who have lost the father of their child to death, &, as a purist, I think the language should recognize these differences. In real time, after her first husband's death, Jackie Kennedy was NEVER referred to as a "single" mother.

by Anonymousreply 343May 7, 2022 5:24 PM

That's REALLY petty, R343

by Anonymousreply 344May 7, 2022 6:13 PM

R343 just wants to be able to discriminate more against the ones that don't meet his moral standards.

by Anonymousreply 345May 7, 2022 6:35 PM

[quote] Because - strictly speaking in the heterosexual realm - there's a difference between mothers who didn't marry the father of their child, mothers who are divorced from the father of their child, & mothers who have lost the father of their child to death, &, as a purist, I think the language should recognize these differences.

What about men who fathered children and never married the mother of the child(ren). There should be a word for that.

by Anonymousreply 346May 7, 2022 6:39 PM

R343 I think you need to think a little deeper about that. There is a LOT to unpack there psychologically.

by Anonymousreply 347May 7, 2022 6:49 PM

^Haha. As if there is no possibility of a differences in family dynamics depending on whether your father may be out-of-the-picture, is divorced from your mom or dead.

by Anonymousreply 348May 7, 2022 7:04 PM

Wtf is so hard to understand. A widowed mother was once married. Single moms could have been married but usually they weren't. The father is a baby daddy not ex husband.

by Anonymousreply 349May 7, 2022 7:05 PM

I, for one, would like to go back to the days when titles and names meant something.

by Anonymousreply 350May 7, 2022 7:12 PM

[quote] Single moms could have been married but usually they weren't. The father is a baby daddy not ex husband.

You made my point! Can you really say that "single" moms in today's lexicon are "usually" not ones who have been married to the father?! I doubt the statistics would bear that out. It's just a bastardization of the language over the last few decades that offends an English purist like me.

[quote] That's REALLY petty, [R343]

Good, I'm in the right thread!

by Anonymousreply 351May 7, 2022 7:19 PM

But R340……. What about the DUST MITES??!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352May 7, 2022 7:21 PM

[quote] Unless it's the British version, "how are you, babes?" I don't know why they use the plural when they're addressing a single person.

cf, “maths”

by Anonymousreply 353May 7, 2022 10:57 PM

[quote]Or many times when they asked that question I ask them about another product or just general inquiry about the retain store.

Yes r324 checkout is the time and place to ask "general" questions about the store while others in line are fuming and waiting for you to conclude your tedious chit chat. Do you also write checks for your purchase and wait until the cashier is finished ringing everything up before you even begin fishing out your checkbook and reading glasses? Have you ever heard of the Customer Service Desk located at the front of the store in most every supermarket?

by Anonymousreply 354May 8, 2022 11:44 AM

r354, Happy Mothers Day

by Anonymousreply 355May 8, 2022 2:40 PM

It's singer, not seen-ger.

by Anonymousreply 356May 8, 2022 3:02 PM

Packaging. And those little round pieces of foil held down with nuclear strength glue.

by Anonymousreply 357May 8, 2022 3:42 PM

R357 Yes, those foil pieces are always on prescription meds; I have to use a knife to poke a hole in them.

by Anonymousreply 358May 8, 2022 3:58 PM

R357 I hear you! I now carry a small Swiss Army knife with me in my pocket at all times. It really comes in handy!

by Anonymousreply 359May 8, 2022 4:08 PM

People who sit in their front yard to socialize for hours, especially if they have a perfectly fine backyard they could use. So trashy.

by Anonymousreply 360May 8, 2022 4:11 PM

Grown adults who try to form a plural noun by adding an apostrophe followed by an "s" to a noun.

Grown adults who don't know the difference between "their," "there" and "they're." Also, those who don't know the difference between "your" and "you're."

Misuse of "its" and "it's."

People who type "arial" instead of "aerial."

All of these are rampant on Facebook.

This isn't nitpicking. This is fundamental English, and these are common words.

by Anonymousreply 361May 8, 2022 4:46 PM

R360, Nothing trashy about that. You need a life.

by Anonymousreply 362May 8, 2022 4:52 PM

[quote] People who sit in their front yard to socialize for hours, especially if they have a perfectly fine backyard they could use. So trashy.

When I was little, we had a neighbor who was very into home improvements and "house proud," I guess. We had another neighbor who started growing vegetables in their front yard, really close to the sidewalk, in fact. The house proud guy told my mom: "Look at them, farming their FRONT yard!"

by Anonymousreply 363May 8, 2022 4:54 PM

Petty things that annoy me:

People who add an apostrophe onto a decade. E.g., the 60's or the 70's. It should be the 60s & the 70s.

Customer service employees (could be a waiter) who respond to 'thank you' with 'No problem' or 'No worries' — of course not, it's your job! I far prefer people to say, 'You're welcome' or 'My pleasure'

People who set the table with silver that does not relate to the food. If there is no soup course or no other reason to use a spoon, then don't put one on the place settings.

People who back into parking spaces. This is a total indicator of a douchebag behind the wheel.

People who ask for separate checks.

People who act the same in public as they do in private.

Any rudeness shown to waitstaff (this is not petty).

Cluttered kitchen counters.

People who play music on public transportation (see 'people who act the same in public as they do in private')

by Anonymousreply 364May 9, 2022 2:31 PM

I'm not rude to waitstaff and I tip well, but I dislike the fake friendliness it seems your expected to exchange with them. All I want from them is to answer any questions I have, take my order, and bring my food. Don't hang around the table chatting. I don't care about your kids. I'm not there for that.

by Anonymousreply 365May 9, 2022 2:43 PM

[quote] I'm not rude to waitstaff and I tip well, but I dislike the fake friendliness it seems your expected to exchange with them. All I want from them is to answer any questions I have, take my order, and bring my food. Don't hang around the table chatting. I don't care about your kids. I'm not there for that.

I completely agree with you. When I go out to a restaurant, I am there to spend time with my friends, not to strike up a relationship with the waiter. The worst is something I experienced once at some sort of chain restaurant where the waiter would sit down at the table with you to take your order. This is absurd. I also am so tired of the "Have you dined with us before?" Once I relied, "No, but I think I understand how it works—After looking at this menu, I order something I want to eat and you bring it to me." That did not go over well. I can imagine perhaps saying, 'If this is your first time dining with us, welcome. If you have been with us before, we're so happy to have you back."

I have a friend who does a similar thing, but as the customer. He will say to the waiter, "What's your name?" and then sometimes ask even more questions. It drives me crazy. I want to say to him, are you here with us or are you here to strike up a conversation and get to know the waiter? It's so inappropriate. Let them do their work. They don't need to answer your stupid questions.

by Anonymousreply 366May 9, 2022 2:54 PM

DL threads that don't stay stickied

"Misuse" of "quotation marks"

by Anonymousreply 367May 9, 2022 3:30 PM

DL threads that always show unread messages.

by Anonymousreply 368May 9, 2022 3:34 PM

R368, that could be due to your having ignored posters. If an ignored poster posts something, the thread will indicate that there are unread posts. That's pretty much why I don't ever "ignore" any posters.

by Anonymousreply 369May 9, 2022 4:25 PM

Makes sense, R369, but it's still irritating. Less irritating that the people I've ignored, however.

by Anonymousreply 370May 9, 2022 4:41 PM

A big fart on a sultry night

by Anonymousreply 371May 9, 2022 5:11 PM

Driving by a hog farm that stinks to high heaven and trying to maintain my dignity.

by Anonymousreply 372May 9, 2022 5:12 PM

Friends who steal

by Anonymousreply 373May 9, 2022 5:13 PM

Friends who attempt to steal boyfriends

by Anonymousreply 374May 9, 2022 5:30 PM

[quote] People who add an apostrophe onto a decade. E.g., the 60's or the 70's. It should be the 60s & the 70s.

There SHOULD be an apostrophe, R364, but before, in your example, the 6 or 7, i.e., '60s or '70s.

by Anonymousreply 375May 9, 2022 11:20 PM

My sister lives down the street from me. Her husband is dead. She has a job (software sales) that requires her to often be on the road a couple of days every couple of weeks. I do her the favor of letting her three kids stay with me. I've set up three bedrooms for them and they have things like toys, clothing and an X-box to keep them entertained. I don't ask for anything from my sister for this, I do this out of my love for her, my niece and nephews.

The thing is, they expect me to feed them. Sorry, but giving them a safe place to stay isn't enough? My sister believes that while the kids are with me, I'm their legal guardian and have the responsibility to see they're taken care of, in all ways. I believe that, since she's the children's mother, she is responsible for feeding them.

Some nights, their weeping in their rooms gets really annoying and I have to turn the TV up real loud.

by Anonymousreply 376May 9, 2022 11:27 PM

Farting loudly while doing happy baby pose in yoga class

by Anonymousreply 377May 10, 2022 1:24 AM

R376 I hope you’re not serious. Of course you need to feed them you ninny!

by Anonymousreply 378May 10, 2022 5:02 AM

Posters who attempt to make allowances and excuses for certain Rethuglicunts, Tories, and Conservatards by claiming "they're not really conservative" or they're Classical Liberal, or other such nonsense.

The best is when they make the distinction that they're Neoconservative or a Neocon: as if that's some improvement, or an evolution. No badge of honour, as most Neocons are warmongers, and supporters for regime change, and exporters of democracy.

by Anonymousreply 379May 10, 2022 11:51 AM

When someone else in the household leaves the dishcloth or sponge full of water and soaking wet. How hard is it to wring it out when you're through using it?

by Anonymousreply 380May 10, 2022 2:39 PM

TV shows where the actors whisper their lines hoping it sounds intimate and dramatic. It sounds stupidly conspiratorial and contrived to me.

by Anonymousreply 381May 10, 2022 4:27 PM

r378. They're only here for a couple of days at a time, so it's not like they're starving to death. They have free access to the dog's water bowl, which I keep full. They're also free to peruse the deep-freeze in the basement and have whatever might be in there.

I imagine if I let them out of my house, some of my neighbors might feed them. But the world's.a dangerous place and I'd hate for something bad to happen to any of those three sweet kids.

I may not see them for a while. There with their mother in Las Vegas right now--she's trying to earn some money to get back home.

by Anonymousreply 382May 10, 2022 6:06 PM

And, I forgot to mention, P.J, her youngest, is 27.

by Anonymousreply 383May 10, 2022 6:08 PM

R382, I wouldn't overthink this. As long as you keep the dog's water bowl filled, they should be fine. Fresh water and a full freezer is going above and beyond. What makes you think your neighbor might feed a 27-year-old? I'd give them something to weep about.

by Anonymousreply 384May 10, 2022 7:03 PM

R376, r382 is my next husband.

by Anonymousreply 385May 10, 2022 8:15 PM

[quote] A big fart on a sultry night

Wasn't that one of Tennessee Williams' later plays?

by Anonymousreply 386May 10, 2022 10:04 PM

Bless your heart, R378.

by Anonymousreply 387May 11, 2022 1:49 AM

Greg--I'm a squid fisherman by trade, so, lucky the kids like calamari, which is what my freezer is mostly stocked with. The damn thing broke down in 2020 and I'm considering getting it repaired.

by Anonymousreply 388May 11, 2022 2:21 AM

Any social media post that begins with "Friendly reminder that..."

by Anonymousreply 389May 11, 2022 2:29 AM

Timid drivers. It takes forever for them to merge into traffic, they don't go over the speed limit and they brake at every curve in the road no matter how slight.

by Anonymousreply 390May 11, 2022 2:33 AM

R392

by Anonymousreply 391May 11, 2022 2:38 AM

Posters like R391. What do you mean??

by Anonymousreply 392May 11, 2022 2:41 AM

My dog knows how to give high-fives. But yet she leaves me hanging all the time. The only time she will give me a high-five is when there’s a treat or food involved. Why is she so stingy with her high-fives?

by Anonymousreply 393May 11, 2022 3:29 AM

She doesn't like you, R393

by Anonymousreply 394May 11, 2022 11:27 AM

[quote] Greg--I'm a squid fisherman by trade, so, lucky the kids like calamari, which is what my freezer is mostly stocked with. The damn thing broke down in 2020 and I'm considering getting it repaired.

It's clear that you are a real gift to your nieces and nephews. And how wonderful that you have mostly calamari in your (warm) freezer. It's a little known fact that squid does not need refrigeration if it's stored in plastic baggies. I think you should let them eat their fill before you get the freezer repaired.

by Anonymousreply 395May 11, 2022 4:14 PM

When I see a Patti LuPone show and she doesn't melt down.

by Anonymousreply 396May 11, 2022 4:20 PM

Irregardless

by Anonymousreply 397May 30, 2022 2:08 AM

When I buy a bag of nacho chips, half of them are broken. They should pack them like Pringles.

by Anonymousreply 398May 30, 2022 2:09 AM

Native English speakers who write about a female in the singular tense and write “a women” instead of a woman.

by Anonymousreply 399May 30, 2022 2:12 AM

The driver behind you in the left turn lane who honks at you in the same split second that the advance green appears and no human being would even have had a chance to fully press the accelerator yet, much less keep the people behind waiting too long.

by Anonymousreply 400May 30, 2022 2:15 AM

When you're in the hospital and the doctor tells you that the treatment to keep your loved-one alive is expensive and not very-likely to succeed. Especially after your previous experience wasn't that expensive and succeeded.

by Anonymousreply 401May 30, 2022 2:21 AM

It's definitely my friend Madge who's always going on about her hairy pussy. It's "my pussy is so hairy," or "have I ever mentioned how hairy my pussy is?" I mean, she just goes on and on. I'm like--we get it.

by Anonymousreply 402May 30, 2022 2:25 AM

I hate when a frau at work comes in all weepy about having had an abortion the day before. Look, if it's so bad to have the abortion, just go ahead and have the kid. Lately, it's been especially bad because you get all the other fraus jumping in telling the newly-aborting frau that at least she got the abortion in under the deadline.

by Anonymousreply 403May 30, 2022 5:31 AM

R400 - Stop dithering at the light and GO.

by Anonymousreply 404May 30, 2022 1:38 PM

R402 throw a bar of soap 🧼 down there and see if it ever comes back

by Anonymousreply 405May 30, 2022 2:24 PM

r403 works in a whorehouse.

by Anonymousreply 406May 30, 2022 2:29 PM

OP

by Anonymousreply 407May 30, 2022 3:07 PM

Wrong, R406. I work for the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops!

by Anonymousreply 408May 30, 2022 3:21 PM

Datalounge's self-appointed What You Must Wear! cunts, currently whining about people wearing shorts to see a Broadway show (Dear Evan Hansen) in summer weather.

by Anonymousreply 409May 30, 2022 3:25 PM

Tom.

by Anonymousreply 410May 30, 2022 3:34 PM

I only say "give me a call when you get this" if it's a sensitive issue for which a written record would be bad, but you knew that.

by Anonymousreply 411May 30, 2022 3:37 PM

I did one of those just yesterday, r411. I didn't want one friend to inadvertently read what the other might have texted about him, so I said 'call me.'

by Anonymousreply 412May 30, 2022 3:53 PM

My boyfriend calls me babe all day and all night long in excess. Thank God I’m not super annoyed by it. I figure it’s just his own love language. Plus it’s better than being called bitch.

by Anonymousreply 413May 30, 2022 5:02 PM

When my mother has the air conditioning on, opens her side door to let in fresh air. She will then complain that her electricity bill is so high! Duh! You’re air conditioning the outdoors! No matter how many times I calmly explain this to her she still does it! it drives me nuts!

by Anonymousreply 414May 30, 2022 5:20 PM

When I just have to dash in to a single-occupancy public restroom to take a quick piss and the guy who's in there ahead of me is taking a fucking 15-minute dump.

I know we can't control when nature calls but FFS you're not at home, hurry up in there!

by Anonymousreply 415May 30, 2022 5:47 PM

[quote]I just need people to stop asking me if I’m doing anything fun over the weekend.

"Not really, just the usual. Burying the dead hookers I killed in the backyard. It just never ends!"

by Anonymousreply 416May 30, 2022 6:09 PM

The taste of canned dog food

by Anonymousreply 417May 30, 2022 6:38 PM

Subway subs workers who ask you your order before they are ready to actually listen to it so huh have to repeat 4 times no I whole wheat bread. 6 inch. Turkey. 3 times. They either hire them all Only if their iq’s are below threshold for normal adults or they all have ADD and cannot retain what they asked you and also reach for the bread

- yeah yeah, I type fat :-p

by Anonymousreply 418May 30, 2022 6:38 PM

I don’t sweat the petty things

by Anonymousreply 419May 30, 2022 7:11 PM

Those drive-through car washes with free vacuums that say five minutes maximum time to vacuum. You see people wiping down/detailing their csr for 20 minutes or more. They are oblivious to all the other cars waiting to use the vacuums. The people who work there do not enforce the time limit either. Why can’t people just vacuum and leave? You can wipe down your car somewhere else. People are so selfish these days and never think of the needs of others.

by Anonymousreply 420May 30, 2022 7:53 PM

Hey R65, you might want to check the tag, or the mirror for a handicapped sign, because I have a loved one in a wheelchair, and if all of the spots are taken we use two spots so we don't fuck up your car trying to get them out of our car.

by Anonymousreply 421May 30, 2022 8:35 PM

r40 I love to detail my entire car at the carwash especially when some old coot is waiting.

by Anonymousreply 422May 30, 2022 9:22 PM

I just found out I’m a whore because I like corn on the cob.

by Anonymousreply 423May 30, 2022 9:34 PM

When the location drop down on a website defaults to the U.S.

by Anonymousreply 424May 30, 2022 9:38 PM

[quote] I just found out I’m a whore because I like corn on the cob.

Oh honey, that's just on account of what you do to that poor cob afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 425May 30, 2022 10:43 PM

Vain assholes who stand in front of a scenic viewpoint or tourist site taking a million fucking photos for Instagram, oblivious that other people might want to enjoy the place and possibly take one lousy photo without their ugly asses in it!

by Anonymousreply 426May 31, 2022 2:42 AM

The way my Keurig passive-aggressively waits until I push the button to tell me it needs water.

by Anonymousreply 427May 31, 2022 1:16 PM

Here's a new one:

When I'm using Google Maps for navigation on a highway, it now tells you at most every exit to 'keep left' on the damn highway. No fucking shit! I don't need to be told to NOT exit.

This feature started when it was dealing with situations where a separate highway split off, and that is indeed helpful. But someone decided that we're all mouth breathers and need constant reminders not to fucking exit!

by Anonymousreply 428May 31, 2022 6:43 PM

When I say to someone 'Thank you' and instead of hearing 'You're Welcome' I often hear 'No Problem'! It makes me want to create a problem right there.

by Anonymousreply 429May 31, 2022 6:51 PM

I use Outlook at work, and there are meeting invites that have reminders popping up every so often. I like this.

But once you are in the meeting, you still get reminders to join the meeting, unless you hit 'Dismiss'. It's more dumb busy work!

by Anonymousreply 430May 31, 2022 8:07 PM

R429 -

Tallulah darling. It's obvious they hear the sarcastic sneer in your, "Thank You". Consider yourself lucky no one has bitch-slapped you yet.

by Anonymousreply 431May 31, 2022 10:19 PM

R429 - I started feeling a distaste for the "No problem" response long ago on my own, and found it interesting that lots of people share my feelings about it. I've even read articles about it.

It seems to be generational. In the past, the "Thank you/You're welcome" exchange has always been a standard conversational transaction, like "Hello/hello" or "How are you?/Fine." It's kind of like a hand-shake. In general, the response is simply an acknowledgement that the message has been received. "You're welcome" just is a way of saying "I acknowledge your thanks."

No problem adds in a measure of the respondent implying that they had somehow gone above and beyond.

Older and younger people seem to have different points-of-view about that aspect.

Let's say an older customer buys something at the store. The cashier rings it up, puts the item in a bag, and hands the bag to the customer. The customer says "Thank you."

The cashier, if older, is likely to say "You're welcome." No one has a problem with that.

But a younger cashier might look at it this way: the "thank you" implies that you just did something on their behalf, but it's simply part of the job, so a thanks is really not necessary, so you say "no problem." The older customer, expecting a simple "you're welcome" might be put aback, because they didn't think the cashier ringing up their purchase and putting the item in the band would be any kind of problem.

Essentially, the customer is saying "I end my part of this transaction in the proper polite way" and the cashier is saying "I end this part of the transaction in the proper polite way."

(And, my characterizing them as older or younger is simply a device to try to distinguish the two schools of thought.)

A long time ago, I picked up a habit from a friend who was raised in the country. When people would say "thank you" to him, he'd say "you bet." I liked that, and it became my go-to response.

But if it's really a case where I went out of my way to do something for them, and they're thanking me profusely, I might end up with "no problem at all."

by Anonymousreply 432May 31, 2022 11:34 PM

I don't even register when I hear "no problem." Some of you are absolutely ancient.

by Anonymousreply 433May 31, 2022 11:35 PM

R432- Young cashiers ca. 1999 had replaced you're welcome with no problem , but now no problem ( which I had no problem with) has itself been replaced with No Worries- which I DO have a problem with.

by Anonymousreply 434May 31, 2022 11:45 PM

R77 my food come from da store!

by Anonymousreply 435May 31, 2022 11:48 PM

R418- Stop going to SHITTY Subway for your sandwiches.

Try Jersey Mike's Subs- FAR better quality/taste.

by Anonymousreply 436May 31, 2022 11:53 PM

So many of you are living in a vacuum

by Anonymousreply 437May 31, 2022 11:56 PM

Andrew Yang

by Anonymousreply 438June 1, 2022 12:06 AM

[quote]Datalounge's self-appointed What You Must Wear! cunts, currently whining about people wearing shorts to see a Broadway show (Dear Evan Hansen) in summer weather.

Wearing shorts to the theater is low class and trashy. Sorry, but it just is.

by Anonymousreply 439June 1, 2022 12:07 AM

R436 yes! Also Jimmy John’s is pretty darn tasty.

by Anonymousreply 440June 1, 2022 12:38 AM

R429 & R432 how do you feel about “my pleasure” in response to your thank you?

by Anonymousreply 441June 1, 2022 12:39 AM

Your favorite Prince albums and why?

by Anonymousreply 442June 1, 2022 12:40 AM

Agree R439 I was shocked to see a girl wearing Daisy Dukes at a Broadway show a few years back. She just looked ridiculous and out of place in contrast to the rest of the crowd. Like wearing a gown to a State Fair

by Anonymousreply 443June 1, 2022 1:15 AM

Alex Pettyfer

by Anonymousreply 444June 1, 2022 1:45 AM

It's the store clerks who should be saying "thank you" at the end of the transaction, not the customer, as in thank you for patronizing the store and spending your money here. When did that get changed around?

by Anonymousreply 445June 1, 2022 2:44 AM

But, r445, that's just not how these things work.

by Anonymousreply 446June 1, 2022 2:50 AM

Op how are the farmers today?

by Anonymousreply 447June 1, 2022 3:20 AM

Drivers who won't turn right on red. They just sit there waiting for the light to turn when traffic backs up behind them. I usually honk my horn if I'm directly behind them, but if you're further back in the line this won't work.

Of course I'm not talking about intersections that are signed "No Turn On Red". Then you just have to wait...

by Anonymousreply 448June 1, 2022 9:56 AM

R432 Thank you for your explanation. This is the first time someone has explained this to me and I do appreciate it very much.

by Anonymousreply 449June 1, 2022 11:10 AM

What's a cashier?

by Anonymousreply 450June 1, 2022 11:50 AM

Cashiers are the people behind the register in the checkout lines that old people use r450. They're a foreign entity for those of us who use self check out.

by Anonymousreply 451June 1, 2022 2:57 PM

When people on social media say things like "Oh I love my man so much!"

Tell him, not us.

We don't care.

by Anonymousreply 452June 1, 2022 5:00 PM

I would argue most of these driver on the road complaints here are not at all petty. Each of them leads to road rage and accidents.

Maybe we need a road rage thread?

by Anonymousreply 453June 1, 2022 5:23 PM

R452, yeah online performative affection is usually rooted in everything but real affection.

by Anonymousreply 454June 1, 2022 5:27 PM

[quote] Cashiers are the people behind the register in the checkout lines that old people use [R450]. They're a foreign entity for those of us who use self check out.

What's self check out?

by Anonymousreply 455June 1, 2022 9:37 PM

R455 - when you intentionally stop taking your life-saving meds.

by Anonymousreply 456June 1, 2022 10:39 PM

[quote] When people on social media say things like "Oh I love my man so much!" Tell him, not us.

Oh honey, no. There is no him.

by Anonymousreply 457June 1, 2022 10:40 PM

[quote] Also Jimmy John’s is pretty darn Nasty.

There, fixed it for you.

by Anonymousreply 458June 1, 2022 10:43 PM

I am in the eldestgay cohort, and I have been using self-checkout since it became available. I don't know why you youngercunts think you're the only ones using it, and then feel so fucking superior on account of it. You little shits.

by Anonymousreply 459June 1, 2022 10:45 PM

Oh honey, no. You're trying to scan your Depends on an ATM.

by Anonymousreply 460June 1, 2022 10:46 PM

As if any shit could make it to a Depends when I've got you living in my toilet, r460.

by Anonymousreply 461June 1, 2022 10:47 PM

OK boomer

by Anonymousreply 462June 1, 2022 10:48 PM

R459 / 461 sounds a lot like ZemenWarmbuis

by Anonymousreply 463June 2, 2022 12:05 AM

I DETEST the little stickers stores put on fruit

by Anonymousreply 464June 2, 2022 12:17 AM

R464 - I couldn't agree more

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 465June 2, 2022 12:20 AM

Me too r464. I hate those little fucking things.

by Anonymousreply 466June 2, 2022 12:20 AM

I hate when, after running over some brat, you have to scrub down your tires to remove all the DNA evidence. I'm tired of having to buy the toothbrushes.

by Anonymousreply 467June 2, 2022 2:19 AM

r467 cars are messy. A basement is ideal, cleanup is easy peasy.

by Anonymousreply 468June 2, 2022 2:23 AM

I love Bill Burr’s take on the whole self check out idea……

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 469June 2, 2022 2:38 AM

Shoes in the house

by Anonymousreply 470June 2, 2022 3:41 AM

Having a small penis

by Anonymousreply 471June 2, 2022 4:04 AM

Here's a question.

Who do we queens get so annoyed by so many things?

by Anonymousreply 472June 2, 2022 5:19 AM

Because we have issues R472. Many, many issues……..

by Anonymousreply 473June 2, 2022 7:31 PM

R451- Older people always pay with exact change. They take out their quarters, dimes, nickels , pennies and slowly place them on the counter. I say to myself they have ALL DAY to do this because they are not in a rush. On the other hand they're 90 years old so they DON'T have all day.

by Anonymousreply 474June 4, 2022 2:23 PM

Poorly toasted "toast" - a couple of beige lines do not toast make...take it back, puhlease.

Bread that's doughy in the middle.

by Anonymousreply 475June 4, 2022 2:30 PM

Straight women. They are petty and that annoys me.

by Anonymousreply 476June 4, 2022 2:30 PM

Every asshole where I live INSISTS on backing into a parking stall. I mean WTF? When did this weird, cultish phenomena start? Do they believe a fire is going to erupt at any moment? When and how did this retardation occur? At first I told myself that parking spaces were too small for these big ass SUVs and Mack trucks. But the again, I wondered WHY they were these people were buying big ass Mack trucks in the first fucking place? Some part of me wishes gas prices go up to $10 a gallon so these asshats stay home and I can enjoy a restaurant experience without their small dick complexes.

by Anonymousreply 477June 4, 2022 3:21 PM

Nothing as petty as yours, OP

Next….

by Anonymousreply 478June 4, 2022 5:39 PM

[quote] Every asshole where I live INSISTS on backing into a parking stall.

Attach a ginormous dildo to the inside wall. It'll make every hetero asshole think twice about backing in.

by Anonymousreply 479June 4, 2022 6:14 PM

People who back into parking spaces are assholes. They're the same ones who drive in a breakdown lane in a traffic jam to get to the head of the line.

by Anonymousreply 480June 4, 2022 6:24 PM

When I run into a convenience store to make a quick purchase (bottle of water, breath mints etc.) and I get stuck behind a gambling addict who is getting dozens and dozens of lottery tickets, with specific instructions to the clerk behind the counter on what numbers they're playing and then which of those damn scratch-off tickets they want. It's endless.

by Anonymousreply 481June 4, 2022 6:27 PM

R481 - I empathize. But without these people paying extra taxes (aka lottery), ours would be higher.

by Anonymousreply 482June 4, 2022 6:45 PM

Rudeness and people being inconsiderate to me.

by Anonymousreply 483June 4, 2022 10:16 PM

Tip jars

by Anonymousreply 484June 5, 2022 8:32 PM

Asshole people

by Anonymousreply 485June 5, 2022 9:26 PM

[quote] Rudeness and people being inconsiderate to me.

But not to others.

by Anonymousreply 486June 5, 2022 9:36 PM

No I couldn’t give 2 shits if someone is rude to you.

by Anonymousreply 487June 5, 2022 9:39 PM

When Trader Joes cashiers ask me if I have any plans for the rest of the day.

Stuffing my my face, masturbating, sleeping, edibles, bed.

by Anonymousreply 488June 5, 2022 11:25 PM

When people take videos with their phone in portrait mode, not landscape mode. Argh...get it right, people!

by Anonymousreply 489June 6, 2022 8:35 AM

Couldn't agree more, R489. Add to that people who can't keep the action/subject in the frame.

by Anonymousreply 490June 6, 2022 9:12 AM

Interesting observations from a military analyst who got it right about Russia about why almost everyone else got it wrong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 491June 6, 2022 3:44 PM

Whoops, sorry, wrong thread. Add DL's posting quirks to things that annoy me.

by Anonymousreply 492June 6, 2022 3:46 PM

Daylight.

by Anonymousreply 493June 6, 2022 10:37 PM

People who interrupt you and then say, "No, you go on," as if they're doing you some fucking favor.

by Anonymousreply 494June 6, 2022 10:39 PM

R366, well if the waiter is to dumb to not announce his/her/they name I don't blame your friend.

by Anonymousreply 495June 7, 2022 1:54 AM

^ The waiter spits in the food of R366's creepy friend

by Anonymousreply 496June 7, 2022 11:36 AM

OP- What about- It’s raining 🌧

CATS 🐱 and DOGS 🐶

by Anonymousreply 497June 7, 2022 11:56 AM

Ironical.

get educated.

by Anonymousreply 498June 9, 2022 10:41 PM

The car in front of you at a drive-thru takes 5+minutes at the window.

by Anonymousreply 499June 10, 2022 1:14 PM

Groups of people who spread out on the sidewalk and walk at a snail's pace so nobody can get around them.

by Anonymousreply 500June 10, 2022 1:18 PM

Groups of family members who spread out in a supermarket aisle so nobody can get around them. Since when did marketing become family outing?

by Anonymousreply 501June 10, 2022 2:07 PM

I find all the New Yorkers like R500 complaining about sidewalks hilarious. Who else in America even uses sidewalks?

by Anonymousreply 502June 10, 2022 4:24 PM

[quote]Who else in America even uses sidewalks?

People who live in:

Pittsburgh

Seattle

San Francisco

Chicago

Washington, DC

Boston

Philadelphia

by Anonymousreply 503June 10, 2022 10:25 PM

R502 must live in bum fuck egypt

by Anonymousreply 504June 10, 2022 11:37 PM

Some frequent DL posters. To me it is a signal I’m on here too damned much.

by Anonymousreply 505June 10, 2022 11:39 PM

R505 - Agreed,

by Anonymousreply 506June 11, 2022 2:13 PM

R451 you might find them at Macy's, 7-11, Wendy's . . .

by Anonymousreply 507June 11, 2022 2:30 PM

I mentally roll my eyes whenever someone refers to the Atlantic Ocean as "the pond." It's so tediously pretentious. That huge ocean is but a pond to them, poor jaded dears.

by Anonymousreply 508June 12, 2022 12:38 AM

ever hear of understatement R508? particularly popular in Merry Old

by Anonymousreply 509June 12, 2022 4:34 AM

Automated call centers, where it's impossible to talk to a real person 😡

by Anonymousreply 510June 15, 2022 8:46 AM

People who tell you all about a "great farmers market"

by Anonymousreply 511June 15, 2022 9:11 AM

When you say "thank you" and the cashier says "hakuna matata"

by Anonymousreply 512June 15, 2022 9:30 AM

Looking for a phone number on a company website to call Customer Service and only finding FAQs.

by Anonymousreply 513June 15, 2022 9:38 AM

^^^ These are the new con games that these banks and CC companies are pulling on us. That, and that endless menu tree selection that tries to discourage callers by taking 10-20 minutes of your time to speak to a real person.

I’ve taken it to task by removing ALL of my business from them and going to companies that are still honest and provide basic customer service. They may not be VISA/Mastercard prevalent, but they are almost as dependable. For those businesses that exclusively accept V/M, I also cut off buying anything from them.

I’ve cut myself off of Amazon for this reason alone. I can buy online with many other businesses. I also make it a point to “freeze” any business with said company for 5 YEARS! as penalty.

Teach these assholes!

by Anonymousreply 514June 15, 2022 10:45 AM

I hate it when people back into parking spaces in parking lots instead of pulling straight in.

by Anonymousreply 515June 15, 2022 11:07 AM

I have so many petty annoyances, I annoy myself.

Speaking of rain, whenever there was rain in the forecast or when it was raining, my dear aunt would always say very seriously, "we need it," No, we are not farmers. We lived in Brooklyn. She'd say it even if it had been raining for a week.

by Anonymousreply 516June 15, 2022 11:17 AM

My dry cleaners/laundry is in an out-of-the-way suburban strip mall with plenty of up-close parking. There is always some fat whore who parks their gigantic fat SUV in the fire lane smack in front of the door of the dry cleaners so anyone going to the cleaners has to walk around the SUV. These people are neither handicapped nor elderly, merely selfish, lazy whores.

by Anonymousreply 517June 15, 2022 2:53 PM

R515, If people would stop buying gigantic fat ass gas-guzzling SUVs that block visibility for smaller cars that wouldn’t be a problem.

by Anonymousreply 518June 15, 2022 2:55 PM

The fire lane parkers piss me off too. You can't park like a normal person and walk your fat ass 20 paces to the door? Lazy assholes.

by Anonymousreply 519June 15, 2022 3:00 PM

R514 is living off the grid

by Anonymousreply 520June 15, 2022 9:02 PM

My aunt takes so many phone pics it’s really over the top like st my uncle’s funeral last fall. She wouldn’t stop snapping pics during services. It really made me angry. She’s known for her phone pic taking by me as being way way extreme

by Anonymousreply 521June 15, 2022 10:20 PM

Adria

by Anonymousreply 522June 16, 2022 1:13 AM

Idiots who think they are clever using "GQP" for "GOP." It looks so, so stupid and it reduces the problems with the GOP to its lunatic fringe-- as if McConnell and old school neocons like George W. Bush are not repulsive or representative of the party.

by Anonymousreply 523June 16, 2022 1:15 AM

R516- Maybe she was referring to the reservoirs.

by Anonymousreply 524June 16, 2022 1:16 AM

Here's the Get Human website to find out phone #s where you can talk to a human.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 525June 16, 2022 2:53 AM

R520. I do not need to specifically use my Amazon Chase Visa card for any purchases I make on Amazon. I have many other charge cards to use….and yes, I will not use any CHASE card for five years because there are many alternatives. Where would you get the weird idea that I’m living off the grid?

Also, very few business only accept V/M. Just a handful. I boycott them. Just as there are jackass restaurants that accept cash only. Again, just a handful. I also boycott them.

R514

by Anonymousreply 526June 16, 2022 11:48 AM

I have a coworker, who, when recounting stories will mention the people in them by name and not their role in the story she’s telling. So you have no idea when she’s talking about how sad she is that she lost Mary seven years ago, that it relates to her grandmother, her dog, or her hamster. Just tell us that aunt Mary died seven years ago and we’ll get it.

by Anonymousreply 527June 16, 2022 11:54 AM

Given Eldergays, I am shocked that after six weeks we are not up to Round 2 or 3 of this thread

by Anonymousreply 528June 16, 2022 11:59 AM

I get annoyed when someone brings up a pet peeve that was already said in the thread twice already now! I am referring to R515!

by Anonymousreply 529June 17, 2022 5:48 AM

R529 - Please, please. Girls, there's enough hate to go around for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 530June 17, 2022 11:51 AM

Bete Noire. What a stuck-up French bitch she is.

by Anonymousreply 531June 17, 2022 11:52 AM

I hate r529 and everyone like him. Especially in a thread closing in on 600 posts, there will be repeats. Your personality disorder, r529, is far more annoying than any duplicate post could ever be.

by Anonymousreply 532June 17, 2022 1:25 PM

Running out of toilet paper in my bedroom bathroom and having to take an extra shower to get all of the shit off

by Anonymousreply 533June 17, 2022 4:14 PM

I hate it when people back into parking spaces in parking lots instead of pulling straight in.

by Anonymousreply 534June 17, 2022 5:10 PM

Men who cum too quickly

by Anonymousreply 535June 17, 2022 8:08 PM

[quote] I have a coworker, who, when recounting stories will mention the people in them by name and not their role in the story she’s telling.

I have a friend like that. Who the fuck is ___?

Also annoying are people who can't tell a story. Start from the beginning, then go in chronological order, leave out the irrelevant stuff.

by Anonymousreply 536June 17, 2022 8:14 PM

Related to bad story tellers, are those that tell the same story repeatedly. I've got a friend that I have eventually had to avoid who has stories triggered by places or phrases that often come up, such as New York. As soon as the trigger happens, just like clockwork cuckoo, he'll tell about his trip in the 90's to the Oyster Bar at Grand Central Station. Everyone he knows has told him how annoying it is, but he's apparently incapable of controlling it.

by Anonymousreply 537June 17, 2022 11:09 PM

^^^I’d interrupt him and exclaim “OH GOD, WHY ME”?! That would stop him.

by Anonymousreply 538June 17, 2022 11:19 PM

[quote]Who do we queens get so annoyed by so many things?

Because you're intelligent enough to notice them. Ignorance is bliss.

by Anonymousreply 539June 17, 2022 11:22 PM

R537 do you think it happens to most people as they get older? I know my friend who’s over 65 repeats her stories all the time!

by Anonymousreply 540June 17, 2022 11:23 PM

R540 my 25 yr old friend did it all of the time.

by Anonymousreply 541June 17, 2022 11:25 PM

R532, that's the point of this thread- pettiness.

by Anonymousreply 542June 17, 2022 11:27 PM

R134 suck my huge asshole!

by Anonymousreply 543June 17, 2022 11:29 PM

Women who get abortions. Use contraceptives! What are you, twelve?

by Anonymousreply 544June 17, 2022 11:47 PM

I need to talk about people who repeat their stories for decades. Lifetimes. My sister and my husband do it.

AND when I happen to repeat a story, which is very rare, they eye roll me or look glazed or just flatly say You told me already.

But I just politely let them drone on. And as someone above mentioned, there are triggers. You know before they open their mouths what’s coming.

My husband and sister are intelligent and usually witty and engaging. But if the trigger word is stated they go into this fucking altered state, reciting a script, acting as if they are telling me for the first time, excited to reveal the punchline!! It’s so fucking crazy.

Do they know and not care?

If they don’t know, then what is wrong with them?’

I don’t bring it up because I am so embarrassed for them. I can’t handle basically telling them they are insane and I’ve known for 35 years.

by Anonymousreply 545June 18, 2022 3:02 AM

R544. Yes. Some men are depraved.

by Anonymousreply 546June 18, 2022 10:18 AM

[quote] do you think it happens to most people as they get older? I know my friend who’s over 65 repeats her stories all the time!

They're like cancelled TV shows airing reruns over and over forever.

by Anonymousreply 547June 18, 2022 11:55 AM

It's definitely a mental issue. My friend even brings up that others have told him he repeats himself... just before going on to repeat himself "Have I ever told you about my trip to Telluride?"

by Anonymousreply 548June 18, 2022 2:20 PM

R545 I admire how you’re able to listen to the stories over and over. When I start to hear the same stories I say that I’ve heard it before. I can’t stand to sit through the same stories again and again. I wish I was more polite & patient but I’m not.

by Anonymousreply 549June 21, 2022 6:41 PM

I just bought a box of Dove ice cream bars and am so disappointed. These bars used to really be something. They have long been downsized, but now the chocolate coating is half what it used to be. It's not much better than an Eskimo Pie, at twice the price.

by Anonymousreply 550June 21, 2022 6:58 PM

I hate when in the morning someone says "I'll call you later" and you don't hear from them for days. "Later" means "within the same day." Anything beyond "later" is another day. .

by Anonymousreply 551June 21, 2022 7:04 PM

People who run into one another on street, then stand in middle of sidewalk, instead of moving to curb or close to a building.

by Anonymousreply 552June 21, 2022 7:06 PM

No edit button on DL

by Anonymousreply 553June 21, 2022 7:22 PM

R553, thank you!

by Anonymousreply 554June 21, 2022 7:28 PM

Let’s get lunch some time.

by Anonymousreply 555June 21, 2022 7:34 PM

I miss that we can’t kill threads we hate by posting at a certain time of the day, like we used to do when DL was hosted on a different server.

by Anonymousreply 556June 21, 2022 7:35 PM

People who ask a question to just talk about themselves. I have an acquaintance at work (unfortunately my job prohibits my avoiding him) who will pop into my office to ask "How was your weekend?" (or something similar). Before I can finish my first, short sentence he launches into a breathless 10 minute monologue about his exceedingly boring weekend which was the same as last weekend, all told in excruciating detail. And even if I manage to find a breath to reassert myself into the "conversation" he just continues talking over me. Sometimes he'll even tell the same God-damn story several times a week. It also pisses me off that he launches into these soliloquies as if he were answering your question...

"Yeah, mine was pretty good. I went to the grocery store to get ding dongs but they were all out of ding dongs because there was a BOGO sale so then I thought about getting Pop Tarts but Pop Tarts have a lot of artificial crap so maybe it's better that I don't eat Pop Tarts because my doctor wants me to watch my weight which I've been managing to control ever since I had that hernia surgery last September when I had to take time off for work and finally caught up on watching X Files on Hulu which is a pretty good deal if you ask me because..." and on he goes for another 8 minutes before hitting a period.

by Anonymousreply 557June 21, 2022 10:15 PM

Getting home from the grocery store and finding out one of your items never got bagged...sigh

by Anonymousreply 558June 21, 2022 11:28 PM

R597, Had a co-worker who would go into a similar rant. At one point I said "Is there a reason you're telling me this?" She said "Thought you'd like to know." I didn't respond. She walked away. Has bothered me since.

by Anonymousreply 559June 22, 2022 12:27 AM

R24 And not on a angle, it makes it harder to turn the page. Staple should be parallel with edge of paper.

by Anonymousreply 560June 22, 2022 12:30 AM

As I was watering (once) around the garden this morning, I thought of OP’s friend and laughed.

by Anonymousreply 561June 22, 2022 12:51 AM

I used to repeat my stories over and over again. It’s a sure fire way to lose friends that way. It’s just a form of venting or reliving glory days. I was a terrible listener. It’s selfish behavior, a sort of the world revolves around me type of thing and gives off vibes that one is self-centered. My best advice is to politely point it out to them. Explain how it makes you feel. You say they are intelligent so there’s a chance for them to change.

by Anonymousreply 562June 23, 2022 3:27 AM

It’s also conceited behavior and that is a thing that annoys me. Conceited and judge mental people are annoying.

by Anonymousreply 563June 23, 2022 3:29 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 564June 23, 2022 3:32 AM

[quote] Conceited and judge mental people are annoying.

Oh dear!

by Anonymousreply 565June 23, 2022 11:20 AM

Judges can be quite mental.

by Anonymousreply 566June 23, 2022 6:33 PM

"Did I ever tell you about...?"

Yes! Yes, you did. And frankly, it wasn't very interesting the first time.

And because you're someone I work with, I can't tell you how conceited and obnoxious you are. You're an opinionated know-it-all, and you really should take a shower more often because you also stink!

by Anonymousreply 567June 23, 2022 9:04 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!