Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Netflix drops Meghan Markle cartoon

“Oh shit, we can’t just green light vanity projects anymore,” says troubled streamer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 476May 27, 2022 9:28 PM

Vanity project Meghan blew out of her arse

by Anonymousreply 1May 1, 2022 5:03 PM

It’s about time.

by Anonymousreply 2May 1, 2022 5:03 PM

I like Megs.

She a hustler (a hard worker) and it’s admirable that she enjoys working for a living.

Nothing wrong with this. Meghan doesn’t expect a free lunch, even if she married the son of one of the most famous women EVER, and also the son of a future king.

by Anonymousreply 3May 1, 2022 5:13 PM

R3 You’re kidding? She’s done nothing but get married and knocked up.

by Anonymousreply 4May 1, 2022 5:16 PM

You serious R3? She's an intensely lazy dipshit who probably spent a total of 20 minutes "working" on Pearl.

by Anonymousreply 5May 1, 2022 5:17 PM

‘Tis a pity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 1, 2022 5:20 PM

Are we all going to be called 'klan grannies' again? That seems to be the kneejerk response anytime anything remotely critical is mentioned about this absolutely incredible human being who is certainly one of the most wonderful women in the whole wide world (at least in the words of some apparently well paid PR people).

by Anonymousreply 7May 1, 2022 5:24 PM

[quote] Meghan doesn’t expect a free lunch, even if she married the son of one of the most famous women EVER, and also the son of a future king.

Doesn’t expect a free lunch, no…..but certainly expects a £30m wedding, £1m wardrobe and free luxury house, all paid for by her father in law.

by Anonymousreply 8May 1, 2022 5:25 PM

It sounds like they are trying to get rid of the excess fat before a sale or merger.

by Anonymousreply 9May 1, 2022 5:27 PM

But enough of Meghan's problems, R9 - what about Netflix?

by Anonymousreply 10May 1, 2022 5:29 PM

Netflix is run by Klan Grannies!

by Anonymousreply 11May 1, 2022 5:55 PM

I even got a Daily Mail news alert about this story! 🚨 Naturally, I ran home and checked in here to see if it's true.

by Anonymousreply 12May 1, 2022 6:01 PM

Didn't Netflix front some money to them to spend on production? If so, I wonder if they have to pay it back or if not as it was Netflix who pulled the plug. Netflix is probably just happy to be extricating themselves from this deal. Heart of Invictus will be boring unless they show Harry for the fuckwit he is.

by Anonymousreply 13May 1, 2022 6:05 PM

Well I never! The KGT is over on LSA worrying about reaction to Sparkles getting dumped and predicting that "Hulu or Amazon" will surely pick up this masterpiece.

by Anonymousreply 14May 1, 2022 6:06 PM

They wouldn't have to pay anything back.

by Anonymousreply 15May 1, 2022 6:08 PM

The days of Netflix handing out gobs of cash to anyone with half a pilot idea are over. They're bleeding subscribers and there is way too much competition in the streaming market.

by Anonymousreply 16May 1, 2022 6:11 PM

But, whatever happened to: "Whatever Megan wants, Megan gets!"?

by Anonymousreply 17May 1, 2022 6:17 PM

Some on Twitter are saying that David Furnish backed out of the project months ago.

by Anonymousreply 18May 1, 2022 6:18 PM

Not a surprise. Who was that cartoon’s audience? No kid would be interested in it. Same with The Bench. No clear audience for that. I’m sure Netflix sees that H/M have no drawing power. They Certainly haven’t leapt from success after success since ditching the RF.

by Anonymousreply 19May 1, 2022 6:20 PM

Shitflix!

by Anonymousreply 20May 1, 2022 6:20 PM

They've likely been looking for a way out for months, and the stock plummet gave them the perfect audience.

by Anonymousreply 21May 1, 2022 6:20 PM

How long until Netflix markles Meghan completely ?

by Anonymousreply 22May 1, 2022 6:22 PM

#Markled is starting to trend on Twitter. Perhaps the Duchess should look into trademarking it.

by Anonymousreply 23May 1, 2022 6:52 PM

When the Invictus documentary flops, that will be it for the Sussexes and Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 24May 1, 2022 6:57 PM

Bleeding Christ, this thread has fewer than 24 replies, and most of them have 20+ W&Ws. Bunch of obsessed freaks.

by Anonymousreply 25May 1, 2022 6:59 PM

How are you feeling today, Megan @ R25?

by Anonymousreply 26May 1, 2022 7:04 PM

I thought it was the real Klan Granny Troll at 25, r26, but you might be right. Since it would be rude of me not to acknowledge her presence amongst us commoners, I'll simply say, "Hi, your highnass!"

by Anonymousreply 27May 1, 2022 7:09 PM

Well now. What a shame.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28May 1, 2022 7:13 PM

To be honest, the cartoon sounded dreadfully dreary, so I'm not totally surprised.

by Anonymousreply 29May 1, 2022 7:24 PM

ALL of Meghan's projects sound dreary. They're nothing but preaching and guilting. She must be hellaciously boring and annoying to be around.

by Anonymousreply 30May 1, 2022 7:30 PM

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 31May 1, 2022 7:30 PM

R3. You do realise she’s completely failed all of the opportunities she unethically gained, right? You do realise she still wanted British taxpayers to pay her lots of money even after she swindled them and left, the country, right?

by Anonymousreply 32May 1, 2022 7:31 PM

There’s only room for one sponge in this town, Duchess.

by Anonymousreply 33May 1, 2022 7:32 PM

If the podcast fails, as is likely, this really is the end of them.

by Anonymousreply 34May 1, 2022 7:34 PM

I don't think they'll ever be done, but the path to QVC may be shortening.

by Anonymousreply 35May 1, 2022 7:38 PM

She can always go this route.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36May 1, 2022 7:42 PM

Not one of you bitches has asked if this wonderful Duchess, who is an inspirational humanitarian as well as a style icon and gifted fauxligrapher, is OK! So fucking selfish!

by Anonymousreply 37May 1, 2022 7:43 PM

This is coming the same day as rumours are leaking from Spotify that allegedly her podcast is being delayed due to "re-edits" because Spotify's legal team is worried about claims of plagiarism.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38May 1, 2022 7:49 PM

I think the participants of Invictus are admirable but I would never watch a series on that. Maybe a movie.

by Anonymousreply 39May 1, 2022 7:49 PM

There is never any joy or cheer in Sussex projects. It's always rage, rage, preach, guilt. After two years of a pandemic, nobody wants that.

by Anonymousreply 40May 1, 2022 7:50 PM

I used to work at a store that carried her children's book, the one about a bench. I don't think it sold particularly well, lots of unsold copies.

by Anonymousreply 41May 1, 2022 7:51 PM

She can always go to work at Whole Foods restocking organic bananas.

by Anonymousreply 42May 1, 2022 7:51 PM

The whole animation department for Netflix was put on hold. So everybody's animations are affected. Stop using the Daily Heil as a reliable source.

by Anonymousreply 43May 1, 2022 7:52 PM

I saw a couple of episodes of Suits recently...she is a horrible actress.

How did she get cast with all the actresses who are as hot who can actually act.

by Anonymousreply 44May 1, 2022 7:52 PM

Don't let her anywhere near the bananas, R42, she'll only scribble all over them.

by Anonymousreply 45May 1, 2022 7:54 PM

Her husband got her the job, R44.

by Anonymousreply 46May 1, 2022 7:56 PM

OP linked to Deadline R43.

by Anonymousreply 47May 1, 2022 7:56 PM

Hit animated series are moneyspinners: They're cheap to make and can go on forever. A Simpsons or Family Guy-sized hit is rare, though.

by Anonymousreply 48May 1, 2022 7:57 PM

R44 The casting director owed her first husband a favor...also the casting director and Meghan "connected" when Meghan brought up that she and the casting director were both mixed race (Meghan always put Caucasian on her acting CV until this point).

by Anonymousreply 49May 1, 2022 8:01 PM

Scabies @ R37, I asked!

Did you get your cheeks re-plumped and miss my inquiry, toots?

by Anonymousreply 50May 1, 2022 8:04 PM

Called it.

by Anonymousreply 51May 1, 2022 8:18 PM

This, like The Bench, sounds like a total vanity project. The name Meghan means "pearl".

by Anonymousreply 52May 1, 2022 8:22 PM

R35. She’s really not even good enough for QVC. What would she sell that anyone would buy? Beauty products? Hair extensions? Royal memorabilia? Clothes?

by Anonymousreply 53May 1, 2022 8:24 PM

Considering all the animation projects in the Netflix pipeline got the ax, this isn't entirely her fault this time. However, she should not have sent out the town crier until it was finished. As usual she was desperate for some headlines, and let the public know about it before it was even story boarded. She could have just been one of the nameless projects we don't know about that folded, but she had to make it all about her, and now it looks really bad on her public reputation. It seems media wise, all they have left is Invictus, and an unfinished podcast to launch themselves. I would be surprised if they do well. The way they are going, all they have left is a reality show which they think they are above doing, but it's really the one thing people would want to see. Harry still has his book coming out, which no doubt will do well, but after he airs the rest of the dirty laundry what else do have they to offer?

by Anonymousreply 54May 1, 2022 8:24 PM

R54. It’s like in high school when the deadline is tomorrow to commit to your term paper project. She had to announce something.

by Anonymousreply 55May 1, 2022 8:29 PM

Harry better put that book money into the hands of a very good financial advisor to invest it for him, and then massively retrench his lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 56May 1, 2022 8:31 PM

Yeah he needs to buy a ranch house in Nebraska and lead a quiet life.

by Anonymousreply 57May 1, 2022 8:32 PM

After reading all the leaks about how terrible it is, I'm kind of disappointed. I wanted more hilarious gossip from this before it got cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 58May 1, 2022 8:32 PM

How many years will these two dolts be 'launching' themselves into orbit? Won't they fucking launch already? To my knowledge, almost everyone already lost interest. What is the bloody point anymore??

by Anonymousreply 59May 1, 2022 8:38 PM

Harry and Meghan remind me of this one guy in college who was a dreamer and had all these plans to "make it big". He wanted to be a hockey player, be a cop, be a fireman, be a programmer, be a realtor. None of those ever panned out.

by Anonymousreply 60May 1, 2022 8:44 PM

Schadenfreude, darling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61May 1, 2022 8:44 PM

Sadly, the Royal life Harry hated so much was the only one he was fit for. And all he had to do was glide along the path that was lovingly laid out for him, calm as a swan. Instead he kicked over the traces and all we see from him now is desperate flailing and vitriol. Tragic.

by Anonymousreply 62May 1, 2022 8:46 PM

Even TMZ is trolling them today after Harry and Meghan were seen at a Polo Match............

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63May 1, 2022 8:59 PM

Did any of the starving and sexually assaulted children of African ask Meghan how she's feeling today?

In all seriousness, while the axing of her animated series is a part of Netflix's downsizing, if she was still a working royal, Netflix wouldn't have cancelled her series.

by Anonymousreply 64May 1, 2022 9:01 PM

R64. A boring royal still doesn’t bring in revenue.

by Anonymousreply 65May 1, 2022 9:02 PM

That picture at R63 is letting us know what Harry is willing to do for his next paycheck!

by Anonymousreply 66May 1, 2022 9:02 PM

[quote]Netflix drops Meghan Markle

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 67May 1, 2022 9:03 PM

STRETCH IT OUT AND THEN LET'S RIDE!!

by Anonymousreply 68May 1, 2022 9:04 PM

So Pearl is still allegedly being produced my Harry and Meghz production company, so it is possible it will find another distributor, but the big question is who?

by Anonymousreply 69May 1, 2022 9:05 PM

R69 Possibly but unlikely if they still have an exclusive contract with Netlfix to produce other material like the Invictus Documentary.

by Anonymousreply 70May 1, 2022 9:06 PM

We don't know if it's exclusive or first look. If (big IF) it gets picked up by another company we will get our answer.

by Anonymousreply 71May 1, 2022 9:08 PM

R71 True but I'm guessing with the amount of money they've alleged to have received from Netflix, it's an exclusive contract.

by Anonymousreply 72May 1, 2022 9:09 PM

I'm sure they only got the deal with Netflix because they claimed the Queen and all the senior royals would be absolutely thrilled to take part! Netflix probably thought 'ah, a companion piece to our hit The Crown'. Then they gave their idiotic interview to Oprah and it became obvious no member of the royal family would ever be lured to Netflix.

People have been leaking on reddit for months that Meggie and her cartoon would never come to fruition: she's a nightmare and totally incompetent.

by Anonymousreply 73May 1, 2022 9:11 PM

They have a "production" company??

It's very clear why they needed the half-in/half out arrangement because on their own, they aren't very interesting, particularly smart or really very talented. It also explains why they were so willing to viciously attack Harry's family.

by Anonymousreply 74May 1, 2022 9:33 PM

I don't think the entertainment arena is for them unless they're disclosing dirt on the monarchy. Both are thin-skinned control freaks. They could orchestrate reviews and get her an NYT op ed flogging Pearl but they can't force people to watch it. Also, the creative disputes between them and the people they hired must be nightmarish. Neither one sounds like good-boss material.

The three projects that Meghan was successful attaching herself to as a royal were a cookbook, a fashion collection and a special issue of Vogue that might inspire a cocktail table book on diverse beauty. These are things she could easily do without a lot of drama.

I don't think Harry can do anything other than whine and pride himself on talking about going to therapy.

by Anonymousreply 75May 1, 2022 9:36 PM

Half-in, half-out royals is the only arrangement that ever could have worked out for them, as it would have given them a real hook in Hollywood. And it's the only arrangement the Queen could not have allowed, because a thousand-year monarchy and its rules mean more than what Harry and his wife want.

by Anonymousreply 76May 1, 2022 9:36 PM

Sunshine Sachs is desperately trying to spin this on Twitter as Netflix just won't buy it and it'll be made elsewhere. Yeah, sure. Meanwhile, Meghan got Backgrid to send a pap along to get photos of them at a polo match to try to change the subject.

With this loss of possible revenue, how will Meghan keep paying Sunshine Sachs? Hmm.

by Anonymousreply 77May 1, 2022 9:36 PM

[Quote] Meanwhile, Meghan got Backgrid to send a pap along to get photos of them at a polo match to try to change the subject.

This makes that polo photo of Harry bending over clutching his arse cheeks even more hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 78May 1, 2022 9:41 PM

R76. Even then they would just be ageing, minor royals.

by Anonymousreply 79May 1, 2022 9:41 PM

You have to wonder how, in their minds, they are making this latest failure the responsibility of his family.

by Anonymousreply 80May 1, 2022 9:43 PM

[quote]The whole animation department for Netflix was put on hold. So everybody's animations are affected. Stop using the Daily Heil as a reliable source.

This is one area in which Netflix could easily by content from other sources; and honestly - who watches animation? Kids! And kids are watching the Disney channel.

To stay solvent, Netflix can't be all things to all people. They need to identify their core competencies and excel at them, rather than blowing through $$ & expecting consumers to pick up the tab.

by Anonymousreply 81May 1, 2022 9:45 PM

Pity. The children and I were sooo looking forward to watching "Pearl" once it came to fruition.

by Anonymousreply 82May 1, 2022 9:46 PM

There's lots of successful adult animation, but it's usually irreverent and ironic and everything Meghan's show wouldn't be.

by Anonymousreply 83May 1, 2022 9:51 PM

I wonder if Harry ever wishes that he and Meghan had made more of an effort to get along in 2018-2019, or if he has convinced himself this is all his father and brother's fault.

by Anonymousreply 84May 1, 2022 9:54 PM

R84 definitely the latter, I honestly doubt he's capable of being anything other than the victim. He had little ability to be introspection.

by Anonymousreply 85May 1, 2022 9:56 PM

Amateurs

by Anonymousreply 86May 1, 2022 10:01 PM

I'm old enough to remember a time when these two eejits would quietly slink away in humiliation.

by Anonymousreply 87May 1, 2022 10:03 PM

[quote][R44] The casting director owed her first husband a favor...also the casting director and Meghan "connected" when Meghan brought up that she and the casting director were both mixed race (Meghan always put Caucasian on her acting CV until this point).

Seriously?

She is objectively a terrible actress. She's so bad that it's like she's been cast in a tv show to play a terrible actress.

You people complain of Lens, Platt, and Flopstein, but if THAT is how she got the job, she wins hands down for least deserving casting. FFS, even Sofia Coppola was better cast and more deserving in Godfather 3.

by Anonymousreply 88May 1, 2022 10:06 PM

Of course, this project was dropped. There's no interest.

by Anonymousreply 89May 1, 2022 10:10 PM

I know they have a few more things coming up, but for some reason this announcement seems like the end of it all. Harry will get mixed press for his book, but there won't be anything salacious enough to drive press for more than a week.

What happens a year from now when no one will answer their calls and serious bills come due?

by Anonymousreply 90May 1, 2022 10:39 PM

The "Pearl" concept sounds like when Carrie Bradshaw had to pitch an idea for a book off-the-cuff to Big's ex-wife and said the first shite that came into her head.

by Anonymousreply 91May 1, 2022 11:12 PM

We will see Harry in more positions like this R90

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92May 1, 2022 11:15 PM

The show sounded execrable.

by Anonymousreply 93May 1, 2022 11:17 PM

[quote]but after he airs the rest of the dirty laundry what else do have they to offer?

Nothing, really. The connection to the BRF is the only thing about them that people are interested in, and they can't dine out on that forever. They'll just end up recycling the same stories.

by Anonymousreply 94May 1, 2022 11:25 PM

[quote]She is objectively a terrible actress. She's so bad that it's like she's been cast in a tv show to play a terrible actress.

Check her out in her walk-on bit part in Horrible Bosses.......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95May 1, 2022 11:34 PM

r9 I wonder who Netflix could merge with? are there financial woes that bad?

by Anonymousreply 96May 1, 2022 11:37 PM

What kind of person would FF this wonderful post?

by Anonymousreply 97May 1, 2022 11:46 PM

Whoops^ wrong thread.

by Anonymousreply 98May 1, 2022 11:47 PM

r54 Not all Netflix animation got the axe but between 35% and 40% of the animation projects got axed.Those considered to be weaker.

by Anonymousreply 99May 2, 2022 12:08 AM

r92 Legend says if HM climbs the round tower of Windsor Castle and gazes westward she can see the vague glint of the sun hitting that bald spot on the horizon.

by Anonymousreply 100May 2, 2022 12:18 AM

[quote]between 35% and 40% of the animation projects got axed.

Thank God Paradise PD dodged the blade and season 4 is confirmed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101May 2, 2022 12:26 AM

It's only a matter of time before Meghan finds herself in a draughty rehearsal room yelling, "Sing out, Lilibet!"

by Anonymousreply 102May 2, 2022 1:15 AM

Wow, the end is coming much faster than even I thought it would.. Thought Netflix might cling on, but even they know turd bag when they smell it. We should do a poll who & what is going to Markle them next. Or maybe Meghan Markeled, let me count the ways & people who have dumped them: Amal & George, Serena, Netflix, The UK., Obamas, Oprah & Gayle,.

by Anonymousreply 103May 2, 2022 2:54 AM

Once upon a time, our Megsie did a couple of movies for Hallmark. Would they welcome her back. No doubt she considers them beneath her, but hey, a girl has bills to pay.

by Anonymousreply 104May 2, 2022 3:01 AM

But it was going to be so impactful! I was going to speak my truth about the world's many problems, like me not one day becoming queen!

by Anonymousreply 105May 2, 2022 3:05 AM

Is it true that on the "Reasons for dropping a Netflix membership" form one of the choices was listed as "Meghan and Harry"?

I saw an image of the supposed form online, but couldn't tell if it was for real or just an internet joke.

by Anonymousreply 106May 2, 2022 3:06 AM

The Markles should have nicer. They turned off everyone. They did nothing but lie, bitch and complain.

The Markles thought their shit didn't stink. Netflix thought otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 107May 2, 2022 3:11 AM

[quote]This makes that polo photo of Harry bending over clutching his arse cheeks even more hilarious.

Why is he doing that?

by Anonymousreply 108May 2, 2022 3:19 AM

Just in...Meghan has decided to release footage from her yachting days to Netflix with working title "Pearl Necklace". Netflix says that they really feel like they have a slam dunk now.

by Anonymousreply 109May 2, 2022 3:19 AM

R44 I looked up an episode of Suits and also couldn’t believe what a terrible actress she is! I was willing to give the devil her due if she turned out she could act….but, my God! I also saw the scene she was in in Horrible Bosses. She had only one line and couldn’t even pull that off.

by Anonymousreply 110May 2, 2022 3:22 AM

Gosh the Meghan haters are deranged. Never seen people 6do interested in someone failing

by Anonymousreply 111May 2, 2022 3:56 AM

They really need to do a reality show at this point. They can call it "The Sussexful Life"

by Anonymousreply 112May 2, 2022 4:09 AM

The tragedy of Meghan is that she's a very shallow person who is convinced she can make a mark on politics, racial justice and world affairs. We've seen this show before and it starred Ivanka and didn't work too well.

It's good to accept your own limitations but, as Tina Brown said, they can't take advice or do anything without drama. .

by Anonymousreply 113May 2, 2022 4:40 AM

Do you know how many people would hate watch a Harry and Meghan reality show? It would be ratings gold. That's really the best thing they could do.

by Anonymousreply 114May 2, 2022 4:40 AM

In the short term, it totally would. But unless they were really willing to get down in the muck Kardashian-style, the novelty would wear off after a season or two. If all they did was go to posh events, pose for the cameras, and make speeches, nobody would care. There would have to be DRAMA--fights, tears, etc., which would be mortgaging the last tiny bits of dignity and privacy Harry has.

Meghan would love it, but that kind of show would destroy Harry.

by Anonymousreply 115May 2, 2022 4:50 AM

🤣

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116May 2, 2022 4:55 AM

[quote] Once upon a time, our Megsie did a couple of movies for Hallmark. Would they welcome her back. No doubt she considers them beneath her, but hey, a girl has bills to pay.

Watched a fair amount of Hallmark shows (due to family) and I saw Markle in “Dater’s Handbook”.

She was execrable (as someone above suggested about Pearl). She played herself: smug woman juggling several men and having other women fawn over her and tell her how “beautiful” she was.

She cannot act. Full stop.

by Anonymousreply 117May 2, 2022 4:59 AM

She couldn't even act like she liked Harry's family long enough to score the big KP apartment and country mansion.

Seriously, if she wanted to let her inner bitch out, she should have waited a few years until her position was stronger: Once ensconced in Apt. 1A at KP and in York Cottage or Adelaide Cottage, they couldn't have thrown them out. Once she got the HRH Prince/Princess for her unborn babies and the Queen at their christenings, it would have been impossible to take those honors and photo ops away. Once she and Harry became respected Commonwealth ambassadors, they'd have had to be given the good foreign tours. Get the public on their side, and she could have told William to go pound sand if she wanted.

All the successful Royal married-ins play the long game. In that family, it's the ONLY game to play.

by Anonymousreply 118May 2, 2022 5:03 AM

^^Markle thought she knew better.

by Anonymousreply 119May 2, 2022 5:08 AM

So all she has left is her equally dull-sounding podcast? Will she be able to place it elsewhere, or give up and move back into her real love: Goop-style influencer-ing?

Harry has the Invictus documentary, the book, the money from the coaching-business shilling. With all the cameras following them for Invictus, that could turn into an off-putting hagiography of them as humanitarians or a first step into reality territory. Same with the book--either a whine-fest or so much mudslinging that it backfires like the Oprah interview.

by Anonymousreply 120May 2, 2022 5:38 AM

What Meghan has is Harry. It's all she's ever had. Her fame, her name, her title, her money, her children, they all come from Harry. One of these days Harry will realize that and quit letting her push him around.

by Anonymousreply 121May 2, 2022 5:43 AM

Meghan's biggest mistakes always were that she underestimated how important Harry was when she married him. he was at that point fifth in line to the throne and he was never going to be King; after they married, he became sixth and he;'s even less important.

Harry's cachet always depended on how close he was to the throne. No one cares about someone who is never going to be king. At least when they were in the UK he potentially had the ear of his father and brother who will both be King, but he has deeply alienated them. No one sees him or his children as players, so that lets her out too.

if they're smart, they'll try to live like the Duke and the Duchess if Windsor did, allowing their reflected glory to secure them invitations to high society parties; his father's guilt over his unhappiness can secure him money while his father is alive and then a limited amount in terms of inheritance when his father goes. But she will never be the Oprah- or GOOP-sized influencer she wanted to be. As soon as Kate's children are in college and of marriageable age, no one will care about her or Harry at all.

by Anonymousreply 122May 2, 2022 5:44 AM

If she'd been smart, though, she would have realized that she and Harry had a good 15 years to make a name for themselves within the BRF and as Commonwealth ambassadors before the spotlight inevitably turned to the Cambridges and their children. They could have gotten a lot of great ink and even better perks during that time if they'd just played the game right.

I agree that Meghan's mistake was trying to change the system instead of figuring out how to work within the system.

by Anonymousreply 123May 2, 2022 5:46 AM

Because Charles only had two children, Harry was set to be in a better position than the Queen's children, where there were twice as many fighting for the spotlight. Harry would have come in for many, many perks once his father was king. Even once William inherited, if Harry had worked to become his brother's right-hand man, he'd have been next to William on that balcony for the rest of their lives. He let his resentment and instability ruin a very good thing.

by Anonymousreply 124May 2, 2022 5:50 AM

I don’t believe Anne or Edward were fighting for the spotlight.

HaM can’t be the Windsors, r123. First, the Duke of Windsor had been the king. Second, they lived at a different time, when there was deference to their position.

by Anonymousreply 125May 2, 2022 6:00 AM

The Windsors had a certain amount of debauched chic about them. H and M have a PR firm, some rabid follwers and a couple of production contracts. and they blew almost everything by going on Oprah. They've done a good job writing off whatever remained since. Their biggest advocate is Omid Scobie FFS!

by Anonymousreply 126May 2, 2022 6:10 AM

Their biggest mistake was turning their back on the UK and going to the US, thinking they will make it big there.

As it stands now, they are hated in the UK, disliked in the rest of Europe, plus almost nobody cares about them in America. America has much bigger, younger (and trashier) ¨influencers¨. Now that they are entering their 40s is practically game over for them. America is obsessed with youth.

by Anonymousreply 127May 2, 2022 6:33 AM

The chickens are coming home to roost for The Harkles. Meghan is being exposed for who - and what - she genuinely is.

With the Tom Bower biography coming out, Valentine Low book coming out, bullying report coming out and Meghan’s “archetype” podcast - that Spotify has intervened with - pending, grab the popcorn and wine.

Things are going to get very interesting.

by Anonymousreply 128May 2, 2022 7:59 AM

The fireworks will really begin when the Queen dies. She has protected Harry from himself by removing his use of the HRH, which would have given him the prestige and status that he needed to be a prince for hire.

Charles and William will not be as constrained. They will shut him down. Harry will end up like the Duke of Windsor, singing for his supper and living a pointless existence.

by Anonymousreply 129May 2, 2022 8:16 AM

[quote]Harry will end up like the Duke of Windsor, singing for his supper and living a pointless existence.

He's already doing that.

by Anonymousreply 130May 2, 2022 8:18 AM

Harry pale and bald looks like shit next to Nacho the polo player. What was charming when Harry was young and cute now just makes him look like a dork. Smegs must be regretting hooking up with the mouth breather.

by Anonymousreply 131May 2, 2022 8:20 AM

It would have been a load of shite anyway. Netflix clearly realised that.

by Anonymousreply 132May 2, 2022 8:24 AM

Could she turn some of her Hallmark movies into franchises?

by Anonymousreply 133May 2, 2022 8:34 AM

I did give the Harry and Meghan deal as the reason for for cancelling my subscription. I hope many others did too

by Anonymousreply 134May 2, 2022 8:46 AM

If they did a reality show - she'd be revealed as a Kate Gosselin type. Narcissistic, arrogant bitch, treating Harry, the kids, the staff, like garbage. But Kate had all those kids... I'm not even sure her horrible-ness would sustain the thing.

Maybe Meghan and Amber Heard could hook up and people would tune in to see the trainwreck.

And I still stay Harry needs to go home and be a ne'er do well in Blighty - plenty of aristocratic dimwits to drink and play polo with.

by Anonymousreply 135May 2, 2022 9:02 AM

A Harry and Meghan reality show, after all of their lawsuits over privacy? I'd like to see that greenlighted just to hear how the Sussexes would spin it.

by Anonymousreply 136May 2, 2022 9:56 AM

I see porn in their future

by Anonymousreply 137May 2, 2022 10:05 AM

Netflix probably tanked its own stock to get rid of her.

Heraclitus was right: character is destiny.

So where's our dear Klan Granny Troll shrieking about how the Klan Grannies are crying because of the glorious Suusexes and their escalating power couple status?

How's that working, dear? And how's the spreadsheet coming along? And Zendaya and Hollander, are they still panting to get something going with the Harkles because of their increasing popularity and star power?

No?

Thought not.

And I wonder what that silly bitch Eugenie is thinking?

Tina Brown's book already needs an update. She has to dial back some of that, in retrospect, generous mentions of the star power the Harkles had.

If the Queen can't make it onto the balcony, are all balcony appearances off? Or will Charles seize the moment to do the obvious and just bring out himself, Camilla, and all five Cambridges?

by Anonymousreply 138May 2, 2022 10:07 AM

I didn't know Valentine Low was writing one, too. As we all know, he has little live for Meghan.

Thank God the Bower and Low books haven't come out yet, so they can incorporate the Netflix debacle and perhaps provide the behind the scenes story of how Harry and Meghan keep cocking it up: the royal gig, the Netflix and Spotify gigs, the IG gig wiped out of the memory banks by Harry's car crash NBC Return of the Revenge Porn Nerd interview, that farcical trip to NYC . . . No Oscar appearances, no Met Gala, they couldn't even score an invite to the huge NYC Gala a few days ago to mark the opening of the American arm of Charles' mega charity, The Prince's Trust, star-studded black tie glamour. His oi wn father and the couldn't get in.

You just had to, didn't you, Harry? You had to wind the family up again after the IGs, didn't you?

He's still acting out. If they'd stayed in line, played nice, used the chips on their shoulders as doorstops, they might have been in line to head up that arm of one of the most successful royal charities ever formed AND could have spent a large chunk of time in NYC each year doing so.

They played it all so wrong from the very beginning that it's stunning.

by Anonymousreply 139May 2, 2022 10:21 AM

If Harry and Meghan can't get over their anger and entitled victimhood, they'll never get anywhere with their careers or with Harry's family. The general public does NOT see these rich, famous people as victims, and the more they spout about it in this year of double-digit inflation, war, and continuing pandemic, the more ridiculously out of touch they seem. Not a good look for people who want to be taken seriously as humanitarians and influencers.

by Anonymousreply 140May 2, 2022 10:24 AM

Eugenie had better get on her Peloton and start practicing her back-pedaling. She's going to be doing a lot of it as she realizes just how much she's jeopardized her standing with two future monarchs for the sake of her idiot cousin and his bride.

by Anonymousreply 141May 2, 2022 10:26 AM

Life Lesson: When someone offers you a cushy life, just take it.

by Anonymousreply 142May 2, 2022 11:22 AM

H&M - destroyed by their own failings. It's like a Greek tragedy, if they were really funny.

by Anonymousreply 143May 2, 2022 11:29 AM

We keep the depo$it!

by Anonymousreply 144May 2, 2022 11:34 AM

Good news, I can't stand her.

by Anonymousreply 145May 2, 2022 12:29 PM

Markle is not "our Megsie," frau-cow. Take your poocorn, divorce/pregnancy chatter and lol emojis back where you came from.

by Anonymousreply 146May 2, 2022 12:42 PM

Megs took all her actress-drive and ambition and wanted to be the STAR of whatever charity they were promoting. She could not see the difference is that the BRF who are also patrons of many charities, don’t consider themselves the driving force; they are there to support the mission. It’s a fine line. They also do a lot of boring meet and greets—see Anne’s recent schedule on a trip to PNG.

But the whole thing can be summed up at: married too quickly, megxited too fast. Also bad timing, out of their control, as Corona shut the world down.

by Anonymousreply 147May 2, 2022 12:59 PM

I only ever saw her in a couple of episodes of Fringe. She was fine, but any young woman could have played the role.

by Anonymousreply 148May 2, 2022 1:04 PM

R8, yes...But "paid for by her father-in-law" ultimately means paid for by the British taxpayer.

by Anonymousreply 149May 2, 2022 1:09 PM

I guess you could say the project was ‘benched’….

by Anonymousreply 150May 2, 2022 1:09 PM

[quote] So Pearl is still allegedly being produced my Harry and Meghz production company, so it is possible it will find another distributor, but the big question is who?

Netflix was casting about recruiting people to produce “Pearl”. Archewell wasn’t doing it. This makes me think they were exercising some clause to take over the production. If it were something that was actually being produced by the Meghan team, they wouldn’t have had to do that.

I’m predicting there’s nothing but a promo/sample clip. If that.

by Anonymousreply 151May 2, 2022 1:10 PM

Not saying this because I don’t like Markle, but that cartoon sounded boring.

She does not have the knack of knowing what kids like - it’s actually rare. Kids love to learn things, but they know instantly when they’re being preached to; they have a keen sense for it. “Schoolhouse Rock” is a good example of successful “educational” animation. They hate goody-two-shoes shit.

by Anonymousreply 152May 2, 2022 1:26 PM

It certainly seemed strange that David Furnish was involved, like his qualification or input was…?

by Anonymousreply 153May 2, 2022 1:32 PM

I think R153 essentially the same as M&H, use his Elton-adjacent star power to green light the project, own doors, attract other big names. My guess is that he would have actually been useful.

by Anonymousreply 154May 2, 2022 1:52 PM

Yeah, they really played this wrong.

Their real window of opportunity was only ever going to be 10-15 years until George was old deemed old enough to be in the spotlight.

Once Harry got old and bald and ceased to be hot Harry and the spotlight inevitably turned to Kate and William, Megs and Harry needed to have firmly established themselves.

by Anonymousreply 155May 2, 2022 1:55 PM

R1148, except in Fringe her character was clearly being set up to be a semi-regular or repeat supporting cast-member for that season, but then someone said - er, no.

by Anonymousreply 156May 2, 2022 1:56 PM

[quote]She a hustler (a hard worker) and it’s admirable that she enjoys working for a living.

I didn’t know Meghan posted here.

by Anonymousreply 157May 2, 2022 1:57 PM

R152 Kids and DL both have good bulls$it detectors! It’s a strange art though appealing to kids. There are thousands of kids books pumped out each year but simple, yet mysterious Good Night Moon is still one of the favorites. They like to learn but stories have to hit their attention just right. Pearl would have been a snooze.

by Anonymousreply 158May 2, 2022 1:58 PM

R8 - R149 is right, and not even a few steps back. The taxpayer shouldered the burden for the enormous security costs the wedding involved. Charles paid for the private expenses: the gown and flowers and bridesmaid/page expenses and hairdressers and makeup artists and probably the McCartney reception gown,, the lavish reception at Frogmore House . . . and, of course, the Queen provided the important piece of jewellery. All Harry paid for was the engagement and wedding rings.

And, yet, the bitch had the nerve on Oprah to tell the world airily that that was just spectacle for the public . . .

A more ungrateful, unlikable, vicious pair of turd wipes than these two would be hard to find.

by Anonymousreply 159May 2, 2022 2:25 PM

Being so PR-minded, it's amazing that Meghan could't foresee the value of having Archie (and then eventually Lill) appear in photos with the Cambridge children. Birthdays, holidays,—they would have been a goldmine of public goodwill.

by Anonymousreply 160May 2, 2022 2:28 PM

Yea, as a UK taxpayer who just got shafted with increased taxes again, I can guarantee you mist of the UK did not want to get stiffed with the security bill for these turds to have a wedding filled with celebs they didn't even know.

by Anonymousreply 161May 2, 2022 2:32 PM

R25 It’s because this thread is full of straight women. Women like to “support” and egg on each other, especially opinions they agree with, even if lame. You don’t see this on other threads. Sorry ladies, it’s true.

by Anonymousreply 162May 2, 2022 2:44 PM

R134, Did the Netflix cancellation process provide "Meghan and Harry" as one possible reason for cancelling?

Or did you just type it in?

by Anonymousreply 163May 2, 2022 2:50 PM

[quote] . All Harry paid for was the engagement and wedding rings.

She promptly had her engagement ring “re-designed”.

Nothing is EVER good enough for her, as-is. She has to meddle with everything and make it better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164May 2, 2022 3:18 PM

bahahahahahahahahahaha

by Anonymousreply 165May 2, 2022 3:47 PM

Liz made a deal with Netflix. Drop this crappy show and you won’t get sued for The Crown.

Not every demise requires a tunnel and a drunk driver.

by Anonymousreply 166May 2, 2022 4:17 PM

r166 interesting theory; however, Netflix would've done better, if true, by calling Her Majesty's bluff. That's why I doubt it. If they're looking out for their bottom line, a lawsuit wouldn't be a bad thing. TRF would be playing a dangerous game and the Streisand Effect would kick in. All those pesky pedo rumours would start back up--and not just about her second son, either. She'd need Bob Iger on retainer as a special adviser to deal with the potential fallout.

by Anonymousreply 167May 2, 2022 4:30 PM

[quote]Liz made a deal with Netflix. Drop this crappy show and you won’t get sued for The Crown.

Unlikely. There's no way the queen would ever sue Netflix for The Crown. She would never win.

by Anonymousreply 168May 2, 2022 4:37 PM

Apparently Netflix cancelled something like 35% of animation projects that were in development. They were ones deemed "weaker offerings" that based on research and audience numbers from similar projects that have already been released, were unlikely to succeed and be renewed. Pearl was among that "distinguished" category. The reality is, as others have said, beyond the sort of young social media warriors, Meghan isn't a draw on her own. Her "importance" comes from being married to Harry, and Harry is the one who people still want to a degree.

by Anonymousreply 169May 2, 2022 4:44 PM

[quote] She promptly had her engagement ring “re-designed”.

[quote]Nothing is EVER good enough for her, as-is. She has to meddle with everything and make it better.

That's why the queen wouldn't let her borrow the tiara with the big emeralds. She knew it would come back to her in an "improved" form.

by Anonymousreply 170May 2, 2022 4:49 PM

I just finished watching the WeCrashed series on Apple TV, which is quite good! Meghan reminds me of the insufferable limousine liberal/vegan/yogi/plateau-spewing/employee-abusing/savor-of-the-world Rebekah Neumann, cousin of Gwyneth Paltrow. Rebekah controls her husband by being an alternating smothering/withholding mother figure, just like our Megs!

by Anonymousreply 171May 2, 2022 5:16 PM

What Meghan doesn't get is that kids like their entertainment to be slightly menacing. That's why Disney was so successful in its early years--every movie had a baddie (the witch in Snow White, evil circus master in Dumbo, Bambi's mom dying in a forest fire). Disney started flailing when it moved away from that formula in mid-century, and revived itself with the Little Mermaid and other animations with well defined bad guys.

Kids also love lovable rebels that outsmart authority figures (Bugs Bunny, Scooby Do, etc.). No kid wants to eat the pablum Meghan is trying to shove down their throats.

by Anonymousreply 172May 2, 2022 5:22 PM

Nobody likes this cunt, not even (I suspect) her husband.

by Anonymousreply 173May 2, 2022 5:29 PM

[quote]reminds me of the insufferable limousine liberal/vegan/yogi/plateau-spe - wing/employee-abusing/savor-of - -the-world Rebekah Neumann

Unfortunately, women like this are a dime a dozen in places like NY

by Anonymousreply 174May 2, 2022 6:04 PM

[quote]She’s done nothing but get married and knocked up.

Exactly! 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄💩💩💩💩

by Anonymousreply 175May 2, 2022 6:17 PM

Jada Pinkett Smith is a really good analog for Meghan. That means in a few years, she'll be pushing her kids like crazy to make up for the fact that her own spotlight has faded.

by Anonymousreply 176May 2, 2022 7:54 PM

[quote] Unlikely. There's no way the queen would ever sue Netflix for The Crown. She would never win.

No, but Harry might. Liz just made a well placed phone call.

Hello, Netflix. Big Liz here. I have seen next season’s The Crown scripts. Personally, everything you say about Diana is true. However, Harry will not like it. At the moment, he is suing everyone under the sun, including my government for Jubilee security. I’m here to make a deal. You drop that crappy Pearl series and I’ll lean on Charles and William to have a friendly chat with Haz. And by friendly, I mean I’ll let them both leak info on Harry through their employees. Deal or No Deal?

by Anonymousreply 177May 2, 2022 8:22 PM

Fran Leibowitz had a go at Harry and Meghan on Bill Maher's show in Friday. Though she didn't even know what Meghan's last name is so she really put the Megster in her place.

by Anonymousreply 178May 2, 2022 8:24 PM

The difference, R175, is that Catherine isn't asking anyone to think she's the smartest person in the room, the most talented, the starriest, the most popular and beloved, the most accomplished and wise and beautiful of them all. She knows exactly what the job of a royal wife is (taking care of the husband and providing him with children) and she gets on with it without ever being seen to solicit applause and recognition.

She's done some very good work on relevant issues (the Hold Still project, the mental health initiative SHE conceived of - again without ever complaining that this is often not mentioned in media coverage, the early childhood project through the Royal Foundation etc.) and as time passes I suspect she'll get more credit, but she essentially understands that everything is secondary to her husband and her children and has never once appeared to be put out or upset about that fact.

Kate and Meghan both chose, of their own free will, to marry Princes. Only one of them was up to the job.

by Anonymousreply 179May 2, 2022 8:30 PM

If Meghan and Harry had lived together for several years before marriage as William and Kate did, the marriage never, ever would have happened. The whirlwind romance was a big part of the relationship's appeal for both Meghan and Harry.

by Anonymousreply 180May 2, 2022 8:38 PM

Meg had to get the ring fast. She couldn’t repress the real her for very long.

by Anonymousreply 181May 2, 2022 8:47 PM

How can we go on??

(Said sarcastically)

by Anonymousreply 182May 2, 2022 8:56 PM

Heh! I work at a medical non-profit and I just realized that BetterUp (the idiots that hired Harry as the engagement emperor or whatever bullshit title the gave him) is one of our corporate donors! Now I gotta figure out a way to get me invited to their headquarters. I've got a lot of questions that need answering!

by Anonymousreply 183May 2, 2022 11:20 PM

R25, don't give your index finger cramps from WWing your own reply with all those sock puppet accounts, m'kay? (you hypocritical, blithering, transparent brain dead afternoon Welsh cartoon)

by Anonymousreply 184May 3, 2022 12:40 AM

Zemen-Walbullshit, STFU, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 185May 3, 2022 1:01 AM

R185 what classy fangirls La Markle has!!

by Anonymousreply 186May 3, 2022 1:12 AM

There's a rumour on Twitter ITV is talking with Meghan's people to produce Pearl for their streaming service......

by Anonymousreply 187May 3, 2022 1:46 AM

ITV in the UK? WTF? They hate her guts!

by Anonymousreply 188May 3, 2022 1:59 AM

R188 ITV is very pro-Meghan and Harry and anti-monarchy.

by Anonymousreply 189May 3, 2022 2:03 AM

Oh - I didn't know that. But I thought the majority of the people in the UK hated Meghan. And this stupid cartoon was meant to just a puff piece about her supposed feminist SJW magnificence. I thought Brits hated self-righteous prancing about more than Americans do.

by Anonymousreply 190May 3, 2022 2:10 AM

We do, R190.

ITV is currently run by a muppet (who supported Meghan's personal complaint over Piers Morgan's free speech), so airing Pearl isn't totally unbelievable. The network also aired the Oprah interview after bidding the hardest and the most money.

by Anonymousreply 191May 3, 2022 6:20 AM

Tom Bradby of hard-hitting "Tell Us How Difficult Being A Duchess Is Whilst Surrounded By Impoverished South Africans" interview fame works for ITV. They are 100% Sussex-sympathetic and I half hope they do acquire Pearl because it will be a huge bomb.

by Anonymousreply 192May 3, 2022 6:32 AM

Wouldn’t Netflix own the rights, given the advance? I assume there would be something about repaying advances if someone else picks it up.

by Anonymousreply 193May 3, 2022 6:43 AM

Damn damn damn! I was so looking forward to watching the episode where little "Pearl" sends a feminist letter to a dish washing soap company.

by Anonymousreply 194May 3, 2022 6:52 AM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195May 3, 2022 7:01 AM

LOL "The Ginger and the Whinger"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196May 3, 2022 8:04 AM

ITV don't hate the monarchy as such (thy fill their schedules with royal documentaries), but have been pro-Markle. Id be surprised if they took Pearl, though, as it doesn't speak to any of their demographics.

by Anonymousreply 197May 3, 2022 8:21 AM

I love how flattering the would-be caricature of Meghan at R195 is. They were obviously scared shitless at the prospect of depicting her numerous imperfections. Yet more evidence of how Meghan's racial background has insulated her from, rather than exposed her to, criticism.

by Anonymousreply 198May 3, 2022 8:48 AM

R198, my thoughts exactly. They didn't highlight any of her idiosyncrasies, like her underbite and her nose, her beady lil eyes, etc. It almost doesn't look like caricature at all. Cowards.

by Anonymousreply 199May 3, 2022 8:54 AM

Tbf, in "The Prince" La Markle is depicted as a superficial, shallow cow (and Harry as an utter idiot, hehehe), so don't let yourself be fooled by the flattering depiction of her face and body. The key point is that they made her superficiality and her sense of entitlement visible in her smug-looking face.

by Anonymousreply 200May 3, 2022 9:32 AM

Maybe Channel 4 will pick it up. Then Pearl can be a crack ho.

by Anonymousreply 201May 3, 2022 10:37 AM

Is Meghan going to sue HBO next?

by Anonymousreply 202May 3, 2022 12:48 PM

She could do a documentary on toast.

Because she is toast.

by Anonymousreply 203May 3, 2022 1:00 PM

[quote] Tbf, in "The Prince" La Markle is depicted as a superficial, shallow cow

She’s also funny in The Windsors. Kathryn Drysdale was perfect casting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204May 3, 2022 2:10 PM

If only Meg had that kind of humor, R203. She might actually be likable then.

by Anonymousreply 205May 3, 2022 2:34 PM

R204 The Windors was fucking hilarious apparently William and Kate were fans of it. I'm surprised Meghan didn't try to sue.

by Anonymousreply 206May 3, 2022 3:29 PM

And, yet, it was ITV that leaked the news of the Oprah interview prematurely. The result was that the BRF leaked the news of the bullying report a few days before the interview.

ITV may find it increasingly difficult to keep up its partisanship here, but they're trying nobly. Chris Ship is there standard bearer at ITV, which, quite amazingly, did not carry the Netflix cancellation story AT ALL. Searches for the words Netflix, Pearl, cancel, Meghan, etc., brought not one single solitary story up.

So that tells you what the story is at ITV.

by Anonymousreply 207May 3, 2022 5:44 PM

^*their (not there) standard bearer.

Oh, and in addition to leaking the bullying report a few days before the interview, thanks to the ITV leak, the Queen also announced the removal of their royal patronages and Harry's military honorary appointments.

by Anonymousreply 208May 3, 2022 5:46 PM

Does Rupert Murdoch own ITV too? And Australian "Sky TV" and US Fox News?

That man... die already for christ sake. (but he has a like-minded son, doesn't he? Hope he's a blunderer like Trump's offspring)

by Anonymousreply 209May 3, 2022 6:07 PM

Oh and I think he bought the Wall Street Journal - but I'm not aware that it's extremely right wing, like the NY Post or whatever. Hell, he probably owns the NYP. I'm really out of the loop but it's so damned depressing.

by Anonymousreply 210May 3, 2022 6:08 PM

Murdoch has nothing to do with ITV.

by Anonymousreply 211May 3, 2022 7:02 PM

r209 Nope Rupert Murdoch does not own ITV. I believe CBS parent company does.

by Anonymousreply 212May 3, 2022 7:43 PM

Of course CBS doesn’t own ITV. What a stupid thing to say. America doesn’t own everything.

The clue is in the name…INDEPENDENT Television.

by Anonymousreply 213May 3, 2022 11:46 PM

It is alleged on another side that Harry called Netflix and "begged" them not to drop Meghan's project.

I have no idea whether or not this is true , but if it is, it demonstrates how tarnished the impact of that title of Harry's has become.

If all this continues on the trajectory that began with the jeers for Finding Freedom, the backlash to the Oprah interview and Philip's funeral and memorial service, the revelations of how Meghan lied in her court papers, the comical disaster that The Bench was, the failure of Archewell to attract huge donors, the catastrophic Ellen show, the farcical NYC tour and slap on the wrists from the UN during it, Harry's lawsuit against the Home Office, the continuing slide in the polls and the corresponding continuing approval for the Cambridges, and the most recent flubs: Harry's latest debacle on NBC, the problems with Netflix and Spotify . . .

It might be that the Queen and the BRF did the right thing going the "grey rocking them and give them enough rope to hang themselves" route.

Because they ARE hanging themselves. And if those memoirs are nasty enough, the case for keeping the Public Royal Drawbridge up will be made.

And the Sussexes can go on selling revenge porn for money.

Of course, there's always QVC for Meghan . . .

by Anonymousreply 214May 4, 2022 1:41 PM

^* another site (not side)

by Anonymousreply 215May 4, 2022 1:42 PM

Meg can give away a free copy of The Bench with every purchase of her "Duchesse" stretch pants.

by Anonymousreply 216May 4, 2022 1:58 PM

I bet Spotify will be dropping them next. It came out a week ago that they had to edit Markle's attempt at a podcast.

by Anonymousreply 217May 4, 2022 5:37 PM

R217, lol wut? Why? What happened? Did she say something profoundly stupid that people at Spotify can't publish for legal reasons? :-D

by Anonymousreply 218May 4, 2022 5:41 PM

Grey rocking is the only way to deal with histrionics and narcissists. Whoever is advising the BRF is right on point.

by Anonymousreply 219May 4, 2022 5:42 PM

According to official documents, Omid Scobie who is the "author" of the international "bestseller" Finding Freedom is in dire financial straits.

All that money and he couldn't pay to fix his crooked nose?

by Anonymousreply 220May 4, 2022 10:17 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221May 4, 2022 10:22 PM

Omg, what a scary, unnatural face!

Soon he'll look like that Ken doll guy.

by Anonymousreply 222May 4, 2022 10:27 PM

Scoobie-do actually looked OK before he started the multiple bad plastic surgeries and the skin bleaching to resemble Meghan Markle.

by Anonymousreply 223May 4, 2022 10:30 PM

But he doesn't resemble her

by Anonymousreply 224May 4, 2022 10:32 PM

Looking at that photo that R221^ posted not sure if our boy Scobie need a GoFundMe page or a Come F*ckMe page more..Hard to decide. I think money first then he can pay for the sex, cause man with that kisser & his personality don't think , he'll be gittin' much quality cock for free.

by Anonymousreply 225May 4, 2022 10:40 PM

R219 - Up to a point, yes. IF they keep up the grey-rocking, and the rumours about Charles trying to shoehorn Harry back in, and appearance on the balcony of BP for the Trooping the Colour, handing Harry the DoE title meant for Prince Edwared are all bullshit stories made up by the media to keep the royal shitpot stirred.

by Anonymousreply 226May 4, 2022 10:40 PM

The tabloids like to stir shit - used to be to sell newspapers, now it's to get clicks.

by Anonymousreply 227May 4, 2022 10:50 PM

Rumour is she plagiarized her word salads, r218.

by Anonymousreply 228May 4, 2022 11:33 PM

I heard it was plagiarism, too. She's gonna get her ass kicked off Spotify which has no intention of getting sued.

by Anonymousreply 229May 4, 2022 11:47 PM

Scoobie certainly looks like he's gone for that MJ style of plastic surgery where half the point is too look unnatural and doll-like (and much younger than one's real age, to the extent of surgically-induced uncanny valley-style neoteny). He looks like a creepy alien.

by Anonymousreply 230May 5, 2022 12:16 AM

Don't worry, she'll be back!

by Anonymousreply 231May 5, 2022 1:05 AM

Her idiot "fans" are saying that Disney Plus is begging Meg for Pearl.

by Anonymousreply 232May 5, 2022 1:26 AM

Baaaahahahaha!

by Anonymousreply 233May 5, 2022 1:30 AM

Could someone please tell me what happens to the money paid to the Markles by Netflix?

Does Netflix just write that off?

by Anonymousreply 234May 5, 2022 2:05 AM

They were never paid millions.

by Anonymousreply 235May 5, 2022 2:07 AM

Despite all the misreporting about the couples' estimated several hundred million deals with Spotify and Netflix, those amounts were undoubtedly contingent on their actually producing content. It's highly unlikely they got more than a few million upfront.

by Anonymousreply 236May 5, 2022 2:11 AM

I wouldn't believe they even got that much.

by Anonymousreply 237May 5, 2022 2:13 AM

I wonder if there were some double dealing going on. Anyone who had a brain could suss out this pair from jump street. After Megexit & all you would have to be either abundantly stupid or doing the dirty to hitch your wagon to these two.

I thought it was an inside job. Someone at Netflix pushed them big time with the powers that be, got the deal going, then split the advance with the Harkles. The inside man knew that probably nothing valuable would come out of these 2. But who cares, take what you can & Run!!

by Anonymousreply 238May 5, 2022 2:19 AM

R214 I’d forgotten about the financial disclosure from Archwell that the charity made only $50k! My God! They really can’t do anything right. You’d think they could rattle their tin cups at their A list friends for millions to fund their charity.

by Anonymousreply 239May 5, 2022 2:20 AM

r236 Indeed and some of that money would have been production budget and not their salary.The numbers were definitely spun.

by Anonymousreply 240May 5, 2022 2:25 AM

They requested all money go toward Archewell. Then sucked it up

by Anonymousreply 241May 5, 2022 2:27 AM

Harry and Meghan were very different prospects before the disastrous Oprah interview, and that's when their big deals were made. Once Oprah happened, anyone with a brain could see the BRF would severely limit contact, as would any powerful person who doesn't want to get bitten in the ass by the greedy, resentful Sussexes. They really fucked themselves there.

by Anonymousreply 242May 5, 2022 2:27 AM

From the very beginning. Engagement Dress, interview & onto the wedding, it was abundantly clear to many Americans..LA Grifter Girl. Not much there but scheming, cash register brain. Can't believe Netflix exes. wouldn't see it. Again, I think it was an inside job money grab.

by Anonymousreply 243May 5, 2022 2:32 AM

What about the interview? ^^

by Anonymousreply 244May 5, 2022 2:36 AM

There was a lot of positive support for Harry and Meghan until the Oprah interview, even through the worst of Megxit. I can see Netflix, which was throwing money at anybody back then, thinking they could make a lot of money off the Sussexes.

by Anonymousreply 245May 5, 2022 2:40 AM

Harry no doubt told Netflix the Queen would be taking part, as would all the senior royals. Then he and the wife shot their wad on Oprah because they're stupid.

by Anonymousreply 246May 5, 2022 2:42 AM

What was wrong with the engagement interview?

by Anonymousreply 247May 5, 2022 2:42 AM

Many streaming services were initially successful money laundering operations. Now that the truth is coming out, they are crashing, Netflix and Spotify included.

by Anonymousreply 248May 5, 2022 2:43 AM

The most hilarious part of the Oprah interview was that it was OPRAH, who hasn't been a media titan in many years. Meghan is so stuck in the 90s.

by Anonymousreply 249May 5, 2022 2:43 AM

Well, if Netflix didn't see through her & the whole charade, then I guess there is little doubt as to why they are tanking.

Now as to what was wrong with the engagement interview. Let me count the ways..So many, But, don't want to write a super long, boring epistle. A brief cliff note, version. The ridiculous dress, inappropriate for the occasion. Their body language & how they interacted. Her phony facial expressions, including bizarre, fake smiles at strange moments.Her interrupting him. Strange touching to silence & override him. All screaming faker baker right here folks.

by Anonymousreply 250May 5, 2022 2:50 AM

She told the interviewer that H liked the roasted chicken position.

by Anonymousreply 251May 5, 2022 2:56 AM

If you believe the Body Language Guys (they’re on YouTube), they dissect the engagement interview. Even if you don’t give credence to the “tells”, due to her actress and public speaking experience, she comes off as a little too smooth, rehearsed, fake. She does most of the talking. Watch Kate’s engagement interview and she’s clearly nervous and hesitant which is much more appealing.

For a really good time, watch the BLG’s takedown of the Prince Andrew interview.

by Anonymousreply 252May 5, 2022 1:29 PM

Meg did the same thing in the Oprah interview where she would look at Harry and then answer for them both.

by Anonymousreply 253May 5, 2022 1:47 PM

Both the guy who does narcissist analysis and the Body Language Guy analyzed the engagement interview.

Here is part one of the H G Tudor analysis, commenting while showing the video parts of the interview. This is part 1.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254May 5, 2022 5:11 PM

Tina Brown made an excellent point about Markle aspiring to be the poor man's Angelina Jolie. She patterned herself after Jolie's UN work but all Markle could get were little NGOs nobody had heard of. And she never got close to getting an A list role. I think she thought returning to Hollywood as a World Famous Celeb would translate into juicy Oscar-bait roles with A list directors but nobody was buying. I think it's interesting she appears to have no contact with Hollywood A listers, despite her flagrant sucking up to George Clooney, they all appear to be snubbing her which probably hurts her more than not being the star of the Royal family.

by Anonymousreply 255May 5, 2022 7:43 PM

There were many PR articles after the move to LA, that stated she would only work with A list directors. She wanted to be part of an ensemble cast and maybe take a role such as wonderwoman. hahahahaha

by Anonymousreply 256May 5, 2022 7:49 PM

R256 aaaaahhahahahaha, are you serious?! Did she really say that?? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

by Anonymousreply 257May 5, 2022 7:54 PM

Yes, she did.

by Anonymousreply 258May 5, 2022 8:00 PM

R256 speaks the truth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259May 5, 2022 8:04 PM

Looking at her previous acting work, she has no talent.

by Anonymousreply 260May 5, 2022 8:04 PM

No talent and average looks.

Just think how she would have looked in the WW outfit.

by Anonymousreply 261May 5, 2022 8:39 PM

Oh my god, I'm not sure if this is more hilarious or tragic. She really has no contact with reality, zero, nads, zilch.

by Anonymousreply 262May 5, 2022 8:44 PM

I find it hilarious how she has convinced herself (and H) that she is the hottest woman alive. Are they blind?

by Anonymousreply 263May 5, 2022 8:50 PM

“Pearl” sounded like a dreary preachy drag. I wonder if they went through focus groups and discovered that kids don’t like that shit, or what. Maybe she just drove everyone crazy with her behavior. People will put up with diva antics if there’s talent behind it. Meghan doesn’t have anything to offer except her husband’s accident of birth.

by Anonymousreply 264May 5, 2022 8:53 PM

There was a lot of leaking from people working on Pearl who complained about what an ignorant bitch Markle is. She was bossing around people who actually knew what they were doing. All the gossip about her bullying people at the Palace appears to be true.

by Anonymousreply 265May 5, 2022 10:14 PM

I hope someone leaks some drafts of scripts and artwork. Did these people sign an NDA?

by Anonymousreply 266May 5, 2022 10:18 PM

Meghan has only been hobnobbing with TV people. How declasse!

by Anonymousreply 267May 5, 2022 10:20 PM

David Furnish was co-producing Pearl with her but several sources have reported that he dropped out weeks ago because he thought she was impossible to work with.

by Anonymousreply 268May 5, 2022 10:29 PM

[quote]There was a lot of leaking from people working on Pearl who complained about what an ignorant bitch Markle is.

Where is this on the internet? Can you link to the source, I'm sure we would all love to read it.

by Anonymousreply 269May 5, 2022 10:33 PM

r268 Hence the lack of invite to Eltons Oscars party!

by Anonymousreply 270May 5, 2022 11:46 PM

Oh, to be a fly on the wall when Megsie was giving Furnish a piece of her mind!!!

by Anonymousreply 271May 5, 2022 11:52 PM

I have my suspicions that that Furnish and Markle might be two peas in a pod when it comes to self-importance. i.e. both married the 'famous one' and as such are really only recognized as fame-adjacent spouses. I could be wrong though.

by Anonymousreply 272May 6, 2022 12:53 AM

The difference is that Furnish had a successful, high powered career before he met Elton John.

by Anonymousreply 273May 6, 2022 1:06 AM

Yes, r273, mainly as a film and TV producer.

by Anonymousreply 274May 6, 2022 1:12 AM

Meghan Markle has a huge anus.

by Anonymousreply 275May 6, 2022 1:32 AM

She's one of the biggest fools Hollywood has ever seen. And that's saying something. She has nothing to back her up - like Johnny Depp's previous supernova movie fame; Mel Gibson, same - people like that can fuck up royally but they still have something. This nobody has nothing. Do we think Eugenie is just fabulous because she's the Queen of England's granddaughter. NO. And this one just married a QE grandchild. I can't even name the other people who married QE grandchildren. Even William and Kate got pretty poor reception in Commonwealth countries in Central America, right?

It's was sort of ridiculous what Diana got up to, but at least she had been married to the future king and she had beauty and charisma. And I don't know of so many stories of her treating people like dirt. It's hard to think of someone as grotesque.

by Anonymousreply 276May 6, 2022 2:16 AM

* IT was sort of ridiculous...

by Anonymousreply 277May 6, 2022 2:17 AM

Her bots say M had 5 million going into the marriage.

by Anonymousreply 278May 6, 2022 2:18 AM

Thomas Markle said she was making $50,000 an episode.

by Anonymousreply 279May 6, 2022 2:21 AM

The behind the scenes gossip about Pearl was on reddit. I tried to find it just now but the cancellation of Pearl is taking over the search results. I posted it in another MM thread a while ago

by Anonymousreply 280May 6, 2022 5:01 AM

Okay - i went and found it. You bitches owe me one now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281May 6, 2022 5:05 AM

Did anyone really doubt that she would make it all about herself?

What was the concept of this dumb fucking cartoon?

by Anonymousreply 282May 6, 2022 5:12 AM

This cunt can't even pull a Prince Margaret or Wallis Simpson, in that those two rotten women at least were interesting and fascinating enough to get invited everywhere to entartain the guests.

Meghan is not only rotten but also incredibly boring.

by Anonymousreply 283May 6, 2022 6:10 AM

Wasn't the theme of Pearl that she would introduce famous females from history - a little history lesson about Cleopatra one time, then Queen Elizabeth I, Betsy Ross, etc ad nauseum. Preachy feminist crap. By Meghan the narc whore of all people.

I'm thinking a very lousy version of Dora the Explorer. (I think we've been saved - though it might have been fun to mock, and see everyone else mocking it)

by Anonymousreply 284May 6, 2022 6:18 AM

They say personality-disordered people (Trump, Meghan level) are a lot like children. I can see some girl in 7th grade dreaming of Hollywood making a show about her - or Trump's fantasy of using the White House like Marlon Brando in the Godfather and having the US gov't (and all the states) as his personal mafia. Completely out of touch with reality -- but there are so many stupid people in the world that they get away with it. To a point. Then everybody starts throwing up when they hear their names.

by Anonymousreply 285May 6, 2022 6:25 AM

R281 It's a great loss for unintentionally camp disaster lovers.

by Anonymousreply 286May 6, 2022 7:15 AM

R268, I think Furnish dropped out months ago. Whenever it was that people started talking about it again, I think he was already gone. Personally I think it was probably October-ish. Around Christmas people started looking and noticing that “Pearl” wasn’t on his IMDb page.

I just

by Anonymousreply 287May 6, 2022 9:30 AM

[quote]It's a great loss for unintentionally camp disaster lovers.

I know - I would rather it had gone ahead just for the entertainment factor.

by Anonymousreply 288May 6, 2022 9:55 AM

If you use a search engine, you'll find Furnish was announced joining the project last October so it must have been sometime later that he dropped out. When I wrote above that he dropped out "weeks ago" I didn't mean two or three weeks ago, I meant some time ago.

by Anonymousreply 289May 6, 2022 12:50 PM

Maybe they could do porn instead.

by Anonymousreply 290May 6, 2022 2:53 PM

Thank you, r281. I read that when it was posted on Reddit. The best part are the voice recordings in the breathless Marilyn Monroe, Betty Boop voice for a [italic]child character[/italic]. WTF kind of a feminist would do that!

by Anonymousreply 291May 6, 2022 5:00 PM

In the first several minutes of this British talk show about the monarchy, one of them points out that Meghan actually wrote the script for "Pearl" - one can only imagine how horrible it was. This is NOT a pro-Markle chat. They also don't think Andrew's daughters should be provided houses by the Queen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292May 6, 2022 6:05 PM

Remember when he left the Army in a snit because he could no longer get away with going AWOL. He was going to take his time and decide on a future career and not become a "full time royal".

Some of us tax payers were pretty pissed off when he changed his mind , as we had been promised a scaled back monarchy, then here came another leech. William was still air ambulance at this point.

Why anyone thought him plus wife and kids on the public teat was a good idea is anyone's guess.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293May 6, 2022 7:16 PM

The bigger news is that this thread hasn't been greyed out.

by Anonymousreply 294May 6, 2022 8:13 PM

R283 Prince Margaret?

Did we miss the Queen's sister coming out as gender fluid?

by Anonymousreply 295May 6, 2022 8:28 PM

From r293’s link to a BBC article:

[quote]He began training as an Army Air Corps pilot in January 2009, becoming a fully operational Apache attack helicopter pilot in February 2012.

Fully operational helicopter pilot. I thought everyone said he didn’t qualify. This is from the BBC so I presume they fact checked. It did report that he served as a co-pilot.

Also, from April 2016:

[quote] In the podcast, which is a compelling listen, Harry admits to feeling nervous as he speaks openly about suffering from anxiety, coming close to a breakdown and being a "problem" for much of his 20s… He said he decided to act after his brother - the Duke of Cambridge - told him: "Look, you really need to deal with this. It is not normal to think that nothing has affected you."… Asked whether he had counselling, he said: "I've done that a couple of times, more than a couple of times, but it's great."…On taking up boxing, Prince Harry told the paper: "Everyone was saying boxing is good for you and it's a really good way of letting out aggression. "And that really saved me because I was on the verge of punching someone."

Just some interesting pre-Markle stuff.

by Anonymousreply 296May 8, 2022 12:23 AM

Pearl being an animated avatar for Rachel (as a little girl) herself makes perfect sense since this is one of the biggest (failed) vanity projects of all time. They didn't call her Me-Again/Me-Gain for nothing.

by Anonymousreply 297May 8, 2022 1:16 AM

If this was 1972, this would have been cutting-edge stuff.

by Anonymousreply 298May 8, 2022 1:21 AM

r298 Meow!!!

by Anonymousreply 299May 8, 2022 1:22 AM

Not Meow. There are abundant resources to teach young people about famous women in history. Go to youtube and search "women history.." It just won't feature 12-year-old Meghan trying to copyright her father's comment about her stupid ass freckles.

by Anonymousreply 300May 8, 2022 2:53 PM

The captain let me steer the Port Jefferson ferry once, for a minute. Does that make me an admiral in the navy?

by Anonymousreply 301May 8, 2022 4:07 PM

r300 I was being slightly tongue in cheek!

by Anonymousreply 302May 8, 2022 4:59 PM

It must be so exhausting being a narcissist. The constant striving for attention and praise, the endless spirals when supply is cut off, the rages when someone else gets love.

by Anonymousreply 303May 8, 2022 5:02 PM

Upthread, the podcast is on hold? It was announced to run the exact dates of the Jubbly, 2-5 June.

by Anonymousreply 304May 8, 2022 5:26 PM

How fucking HARD is it to produce a podcast?! Yes, I understand that producing something engaging and popular is a bit of a tricky thing, but there are thousands out there, probably. If the Sussexes only have to fulfill a contract - not set records for number of listeners - why haven’t they?

by Anonymousreply 305May 8, 2022 5:34 PM

A snarky-but-sympathetic royal history podcast hosted by a prince of the blood and his wife could have been great, but it's clear the Sussexes have no interest in the subject.

by Anonymousreply 306May 8, 2022 5:36 PM

I’m pretty sure they could have sat back and let the professionals produce a cartoon. I imagined it being something anodyne like Doc McStuffins. They could have strong armed woke school districts to purchase it for view it during Womens Month or Black History Month, too.

I’m guessing Markle had to put her finger in every pudding and meddled the thing into the grave.

by Anonymousreply 307May 8, 2022 5:38 PM

Sounds like her time in the BRF. If Meghan had just let the professionals steer the course from the beginning, she'd be sitting pretty with a big KP apartment and lots of jewels at this point. Her tendency to meddle when she hasn't the slightest idea what she's talking about has repeatedly been her undoing.

by Anonymousreply 308May 8, 2022 5:45 PM

The problem with all of Archewell's projects is that they are competing against an overwhelming deluge of shitty, forgettable content. The crud that rises to the top is scandalous, sensational, sexual, or at the very least interesting enough to take you out of day to day life. Nobody wants to be preached out, nobody cares about interesting women in history in animation form. Meghan's podcast seems boring as hell. Fergie might be trashy, but her interviews were self deprecating, revealing enough, and she was somewhat likable. I want to hear about the late Prince Philip calling Meghan the N word, I want to see her throwing tea in someone's face, Harry having some kind of drug induced schizoid meltdown, seeing them try to get the Queen on the line only to be thwarted. This I would pay for.

by Anonymousreply 309May 8, 2022 5:50 PM

Michelle Obama met M only once when she "popped in" (Michelle's term) backstage at a previously scheduled MO event.

Supposedly MO's advice to M was

[quote] Do NOTHING for the first year. LEARN THE JOB.

But then MM is known for NOT taking advice.

by Anonymousreply 310May 8, 2022 6:01 PM

What I really like about Michelle Obama, more than her words or her good works, is that she does not fuck around. She has edge, she is Ivy league educated, and she does not even pretend to suffer fools gladly. After Tina Brown's book, I decided to dive into Kitty Kelley's biographies and the only one available at the library was Oprah. According to Kelley, Oprah was all over Barak like a cheap suit and was not the kindest to Michelle back when he was a senator. She would hold big fundraising events and give Michelle the cold shoulder. Michelle is not a fan. I really like Michelle's authenticity more than anything. She's not a royal and she does not have to smile through the pain, as evidenced from Trumps Inaguration/the Tiffany gift from Melania side eye.

by Anonymousreply 311May 8, 2022 6:36 PM

This reminds me of what Angela Channing said to Melissa Agretti on Falcon Crest: "Melissa, you fool. You could have had it all."

by Anonymousreply 312May 8, 2022 6:42 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313May 8, 2022 6:48 PM

Wow why does Meghan look so old in that photo? Look at her hands and neck. The one wonky nostril from her messed up nose job (jobs?) needs to be fixed too.

by Anonymousreply 314May 8, 2022 6:54 PM

R313, ooooh, that's her REAL face!

by Anonymousreply 315May 8, 2022 7:10 PM

Markle smashed against the wall as 50% Ragland, and was pure Markle by the time she got back up.

by Anonymousreply 316May 8, 2022 7:29 PM

What Meghan and Harry didn't understand is that when they left the BRF, they essentially set out to be entertainers: Netflix, Spotify, all those deals were about creating entertaining products. They misread the brief and thought the deal was to create content that glorified them as humanitarian superstars. Nope: People want to be entertained by you, not preached at by you. If they wanted to be global humanitarians, they should have stayed with the BRF.

by Anonymousreply 317May 8, 2022 7:38 PM

Harry doesn't really want to be a global humanitarian, I don't think. A few posh charity things are okay, if they're loaded with celebs and he's puffed up properly/gets his performance fee, that's all.

by Anonymousreply 318May 8, 2022 8:33 PM

Harry actually told the fake Greta Thunberg that there was a lot of money to be made in charity. That's where his mind is going.

by Anonymousreply 319May 8, 2022 8:44 PM

R319 is there a transcript of that call?

by Anonymousreply 320May 8, 2022 8:56 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321May 8, 2022 9:22 PM

There certainly are a lot of connections between Harry and Russians.

by Anonymousreply 322May 9, 2022 12:04 AM

Nobody wanted to watch that shit anyway.

If I want to be preached to, I’ll walk down the street to church.

by Anonymousreply 323May 9, 2022 12:50 AM

The Pearl show sounded awful. Preachy and sanctimonious and boring AF. And of course all of the historical figures on the show would've probably been altered to fit a contemporary narrative anyway.

by Anonymousreply 324May 9, 2022 12:52 AM

R322 Not to mention his connections via DNA.

The most hilarious and embarrassing bit in that hoax Greta Thunberg call was Harry saying he didn't know he was related to the Romanovs.

Philip's DNA was used to help identify the last remains of the family when they were discovered.

Harry was a fool not to remain inside the structure that hid his ignorance, petulance, shallow vanity, and lack of talent for anything beyond the only two things he was trally fit for: being a Prince or a career soldier.

His tragedy is that that shallow vanity and mental issues around his mother and brother led him to kick away the only two paths he could manage competently.

Harry is the poster boy for why acting out is ultimately so destructive.

by Anonymousreply 325May 9, 2022 12:05 PM

Thanks R321! X

by Anonymousreply 326May 9, 2022 5:27 PM

[quote] Harry saying he didn't know he was related to the Romanovs.

That was just unbelievable. Nicholas and Alexandra being directly related to the British Royal family is common knowledge. American schoolchildren would know this. The fact that Prince Harry, of all people, would be ignorant of this is just mind-blowing.

by Anonymousreply 327May 9, 2022 5:32 PM

He cheated his way through high school; some things never change.

by Anonymousreply 328May 9, 2022 5:35 PM

According to the Daily Mail, Meghan is trying to initiate talks with Amazon and Apple to have them produce Pearl but apparently they aren't jumping at the bits to meet with her.

by Anonymousreply 329May 9, 2022 6:01 PM

Pearl sounds like a boring slog

by Anonymousreply 330May 9, 2022 6:07 PM

Oh, to be a fly on the wall if those meetings actually happen.

by Anonymousreply 331May 9, 2022 6:54 PM

Harry was not fit to be a soldier. The officers assigned to be his handlers hated the assignment and some have spoken about it.

by Anonymousreply 332May 10, 2022 1:05 AM

R332 It must've been like having targets on their backs and ball and chains on their ankles at the same time dealing with that royal pain in the ass.

by Anonymousreply 333May 10, 2022 7:16 AM

I wonder if in Bower's book he'll interview the soldiers who served with Harry and said they had to act as babysitters.

by Anonymousreply 334May 10, 2022 6:40 PM

Harry wasn't really fit to be a prince, either. He admits to resenting his duties when he was still a working royal. Then he quit, still expected all the princely perks, and has spent the years since his departure publicly trashing his family.

It seems the only thing Harry is fit for is an ultra-rich layabout who can play polo, buy big mansions, and not interact with the hoi polloi except on his terms.

by Anonymousreply 335May 10, 2022 6:40 PM

How long until the murder suicide?

by Anonymousreply 336May 10, 2022 6:42 PM

How are they able to continue affording their life of luxury? How long until Meghan has to do a Lainie Kazan and steal groceries?

by Anonymousreply 337May 10, 2022 6:43 PM

They definitely want to live as billionaires on a millionaire's salary. Tragic.

by Anonymousreply 338May 10, 2022 6:53 PM

They could have lived very nicely and modestly, BUT NOOOO.

by Anonymousreply 339May 10, 2022 7:20 PM

Someone who is not the BRF is funding them. It's obvious.

by Anonymousreply 340May 10, 2022 7:22 PM

Maybe she can do a reboot of The Flintstone Comedy Hour instead.

by Anonymousreply 341May 10, 2022 7:24 PM

She can do a bunch of videos showing her furiously rubbing her clit while reading out The Bench. Sucking off a Prince William lookalike while trying to learn the lines of God Save The Queen. Taking it up the ass while complaining that nobody asks her if she's ok. Doing a very special version of her "40x40" , with 40 guys fucking her 40 times each.

Those pornographic cashing-in opportunities literally write themselves, at least much easier than "Pearl" apparently did. Go Meghan!

by Anonymousreply 342May 10, 2022 7:45 PM

[QUOTE] It must be so exhausting being a narcissist

Is that all you've got? These endless, non specific comments on narcissism that we see on all the celebrity threads? Dumb bitch. Try harder.

by Anonymousreply 343May 11, 2022 8:48 AM

The Spectator (UK edition) has an article up about the inevitability of Meghan running for the presidency in 2028 - author Alexander Larman (link below).

The Speccie is usually a bit less naive and a bit more cynical, so I was surprised at the gullibility the article exposes.. There is no mention of the fact that no one calling herself Meghan The Duchess of Sussex, with a First Gentleman named HRH Prince Henry Charles Albert David, Duke of Sussex, would have the remotest chance of entering the White House. And from the clearly obsessional feeling both Harry and Meghan have displayed about that title, and the expected HRHs for their two children, the idea that either would give that up seems laughable.

Let alone for a job that entails incredibly hard work (Meghan isn't interested in work that hard: she's interested in the sheen of celebrity, adoration, and wealth), discretion, and the ability to withstand nearly incessant negative press coverage - Meghan couldn't even adjust to what was, relatively speaking, an easy gig if only she'd played by the rules, with a guaranteed income, a million-dollar wardrobe, a paid-for staff, and no need to hustle for exposure or worrying about aging out of the job. She did all of 78 days' worth of work in that gig and complained vociferously about how tired she was on that tour in southern Africa - that's with the nanny, the chef, the drivers, the security, the personal aides . . .

And then there's the little matter of all the skeletons still to fall out of the closet - the PR she'd endure would make the tabloids criticising her wardrobe look like pets in a children's zoo by comparison. Including a court record that strongly suggests she perjured herself in court. That's not counting the 17 lies she and her husband told on Oprah in order to stick it to one of America's oldest and strongest European allies.

Even experienced Netflix and Spotify people found her impossible to work with - and speaking of hard work, it took the spectre of the boot to get Meghan finally to hustler her arse into pulling some sort of podcast to hand them.

Lastly, there is the peculiar and intangible quality of sheer unlikability that hovers over the Sussexes like the cloud of dirt that always hovers over Pigpen in the Charlie Brown cartoons - every time Meghan opens her mouth and pontificates, the Unlikable Posturing Self-Aggrandising needle hits red again. Larman should have checked American polls, which reveal that to this day, despite all their efforts, the Sussexes still aren't as popular IN AMERICA as the Queen and the Cambridges.

The idea of a former d-list actress with a royal title whose past doesn't exactly smell like roses making a successful run for the White House is hilarious on its face. Larman appears to have simply ignored the mountain of negatives that surround Meghan.

She couldn't even manage to make a success of snagging the 6th in line to the British throne.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344May 11, 2022 12:29 PM

^All that said, the accompanying cartoon is priceless.

by Anonymousreply 345May 11, 2022 12:32 PM

Imagine her at a debate....Let the laughs keep coming.

by Anonymousreply 346May 11, 2022 12:35 PM

First question: Meghan, are you OK?

by Anonymousreply 347May 11, 2022 12:36 PM

Running for President is a joke. However, trying to steal a California Senate seat is not. La Markle got an audience with Newsom after Kamala got elected, trying to talk him into replacing Kamala with her, The Duchess of Montecito. Newsom brushed her off. But action's growing to force Feinstein to retire which has no doubt nourished little Meggie's ambitions.

by Anonymousreply 348May 11, 2022 9:42 PM

Please God let her take Di's seat, please. Imagine when she demands to be addressed a HRH. & people have to curtsey to her in the Senate & anywhere else.. Love it. Dems will get to say Goodbye Hollywoodt as well as the rest of the US.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349May 11, 2022 9:52 PM

Her taking a California seat is just as ludicrous as a run for President. She hasn't a clue how to govern. The press scrutiny, whether it's CA or the White House, would be blistering. She isn't interested in that. She's interested in glossy, easy celebrity. A word salad here, an interview there, a new "partnership" between Archewell and some nice little known charity . . . that's her speed. A daily grind isn't.

But the real elephant in the room is the royal title.

The deal with the BRF was that the title would be strictly nonpolitical. Any run for office or endorsement of candidates will make the case for the Queen (or Charles) to take the title because they have politicised it in a foreign country.

And quite apart from those issues, she cannot parade that around and try to hold elective office in the "classless" America. It simply won't fly.

The title goes, or she's shut out of elective office.

And my guess is that Meghan knows that that title is worth far more to her than an office she actually doesn't really want.

She cannot retain the title and run for office in America at the same time.

And what that means, is that Harry is the one who'd have to renounce his title(s) in service to her career. The title is his, not hers. She has no freedom to put it down and pick it up.

She can't just not refer to herself as Meghan The Duchess of Sussex - everyone knows it's there, it's on the Archewell web site, and it's her son's future title.

They can't run with the fox and hunt with the hounds on this one.

It's either the title or American politics, but it can't be both.

by Anonymousreply 350May 11, 2022 10:09 PM

^ Was just taking the pis*, and was dying to hear Ronnie. But it would be such a hoot to see her do a debate.

by Anonymousreply 351May 11, 2022 10:22 PM

It should have humiliated her when Bitch Gillibrand gave out the phone numbers of Murkowski and Collins for the Megster to call them on their private phones to lobby them about parental leave (something a woman and man who haven't had a job in years are obviously desperate for) and she announced herself as The Duchess while keeping her own number blocked.

by Anonymousreply 352May 11, 2022 10:34 PM

R351 - Oh.

Never mind.

R350

by Anonymousreply 353May 11, 2022 10:43 PM

[quote]La Markle got an audience with Newsom after Kamala got elected, trying to talk him into replacing Kamala with her,

No fucking way. She doesn't have the good sense to become embarrassed. Same for the calls to the Senators. I wonder if she has the capacity to feel it.

What r350 said. Politics are a slog and not for the faint at heart. Meghan is as thin-skinned as Trump, gossamer-skinned actually. She lets the mask drop too often as she did at the cookbook reception when her mother deigned to steal the spotlight from her by speaking to a participant Meghan had just had a conversation with. She didn't know someone was taping from one of the tables. Or the entertainment reporter who got his head bitten off for not paying sufficient attention to her. Difference is that Trump rages back not giving a fuck what others think. I believe Meghan cares about what some people think. Alos, Trump lives in a world of his creation where he's surrounded by people who truly adore him🤮🤮 or who are willing to put up with his bullshit and kiss his ass because there will be financial gain (unless your Rudy Giuliani). Her ecosystem is totally different.

by Anonymousreply 354May 11, 2022 11:29 PM

Oh she’d try to have it both ways. Running as Meghan Markle but in her *private* life, she’s still known as HRH the Duchess.

Yanking Harry’s titles because she’s entering politics, I think he’d agree to that because What Meghan Wants and later regret it? I dunno, he might not notice a difference unless he made a trip to the UK where there is a protocol about these things. Like the Duke of Windsor said, “With this family, when you’re in, you’re never quite sure that you’re in. But when you’re out, there’s no doubt at all. You’re out.” He might have felt the freeze at the statue unveiling and Phillips’s funeral but relinquishing his titles must be a whole new set of changes, subtle and unsubtle.

And when Megs goes on to lose the race, well, what then?

by Anonymousreply 355May 11, 2022 11:44 PM

^ unless you're Rudy Giuliani

Oh, dearing myself.

by Anonymousreply 356May 11, 2022 11:48 PM

r355 I cant see her winning even a primary to be her partys candiate in any election state , senate or Presidential-not just because she has a problem with scrutiny but because there is NO WAY people in the democrat party who have ambitions too and have spent years working for the party and earning their stripes will just roll over because of her sense of deluded entitlement.

She seems stuck at a certain level of maturity where she is transfixed on childish notions and ideas. Her idea of what being president would be like and the hard work reality are quite different I am sure.

by Anonymousreply 357May 12, 2022 12:51 AM

I have no doubt that people would vote for a deluded and incompetent celebrity narcissist, as history has shown.

However, the second she decides to run for ANY office, some journo will dig deeper into her connections with Russian oligarchs and where all that money is coming from, and in the abuse of household staff and probably her family too, and then the shit will hit the fan and I'll be very, very happy because Meghan is the gift that keeps on giving and the public shitshow will entertain me for years. I mean, at this point we're already doomed. Might as well have some good fun.

by Anonymousreply 358May 12, 2022 10:35 AM

I think the idea that she could be a credible candidate for president is kept alive mostly by the right wing (despite the inexplicable encouragement Biden’s sister provided). She has nothing like Trump’s decades of fame in the US. She’s relatively little known in the US. Trump also had the totally undeserved aura of business success. Harry and Meghan are associated with failure. She also has no ability to give rabble-rousing speeches. She is a bully like Trump but she mostly bullies people who can’t or won’t fight back. She would be at sea in any debate. The idea of a political future for her is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 359May 12, 2022 11:12 AM

I am gagging to see her in a debate. Might have to watch it sitting on a toilet because the laughs will be pissing your pants type.

by Anonymousreply 360May 12, 2022 1:34 PM

While I agree that their finances are a bit of a mystery, why would a Russian oligarch, or anyone else, fund them? They seem like a losing cause.

by Anonymousreply 361May 12, 2022 1:50 PM

Even if she hired the best political consultants to run a political campaign, would she listen to them and heed to their advice?

She needs a Steve Schmidt in her life like the other Meghan. Can you imagine?

by Anonymousreply 362May 12, 2022 2:25 PM

She wouldn’t actually do it. They’re just floating it for her image.

by Anonymousreply 363May 12, 2022 3:59 PM

^^ just as the notion floated that she’s shopping “Pearl” to other streaming services. She want to be seen as still in play. Anyone who knows how these things work know it’s bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 364May 12, 2022 4:01 PM

I just heard on the news that Netflix’s profits dropped 70% in the last year. 70%!

by Anonymousreply 365May 12, 2022 9:44 PM

^ Netflix got markled, LOL.

by Anonymousreply 366May 12, 2022 9:49 PM

R361 The Russians (or others) would be funding an attempt to bring down the British royal family.

by Anonymousreply 367May 12, 2022 9:51 PM

That’s quite a drop. I’m about to cancel it now, because I watched the last little bit of “Ozark” and I don’t think there’s anything else worth it.

by Anonymousreply 368May 12, 2022 9:52 PM

I must correct myself. Not profits but stock price down 70%. Still.

by Anonymousreply 369May 12, 2022 11:08 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370May 13, 2022 5:12 PM

Same, R368. In general, Netflix content is pretty shit and you can just use torrents to get the good stuff for free.

by Anonymousreply 371May 13, 2022 10:10 PM

A story in Page 6 today claims that Netflix is producing an ‘at-home docu-series’ about Harry and Meghan, with the cameras reportedly allowed behind the scenes at Montecito.

There’s another thread titled How Will if End For Harry? In a reality show, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 372May 19, 2022 3:50 AM

This is even worse than when the royal family appeared on that game show a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 373May 19, 2022 4:02 AM

And what great preparation for a run for the presidency!😉

I wonder what Biden's sister is thinking now?

Meghan is probably thinking she can turn the reality show into Jackie's televised tour of the White House in 1962.

"We don't want to raise our children in the fishbowl of Kensington Palace!"

by Anonymousreply 374May 19, 2022 10:05 AM

I anticipate lawsuits and counter suits over the final edit.

by Anonymousreply 375May 19, 2022 2:13 PM

R375, no doubt. Another project that won’t see the light of day. If Netflix thinks it can twist The Duchess’s arm or force her hand, they’re even bigger idiots than I thought.

I’m thinking there’s a 50/50 chance that Harry’s memoir will not appear in “late 2022”.

by Anonymousreply 376May 19, 2022 3:36 PM

’'m thinking there’s a 50/50 chance that Harry’s memoir will not appear in “late 2022”.

After he was paid a 2m advance? You've got to be joking. Penguin or whoever will write it themselves if they have to to try and recoup some of that money.

by Anonymousreply 377May 20, 2022 1:34 AM

Biden's sister's an idiot like every other grifting member of his family. The Bidens are like a poorer version of the Trumps.

by Anonymousreply 378May 20, 2022 1:41 AM

I’m surprised that portions of Harry’s memoir haven’t leaked yet. Or even a fake chapter that gets everyone all stirred up.

by Anonymousreply 379May 20, 2022 10:47 AM

Maybe I don't understand marketing, but it looks like right now is the best time to get this book out fast - the public will temporarily be interested in the Queen's Jubilee and the gossip about the Harkles vs the BRF -- and people's attention is fleeting. TurdDepp is already peeling off eyeballs and youtubers' views.

by Anonymousreply 380May 20, 2022 10:51 AM

R380 it's due out late September, but Harry's dilemma is that if it's as incendiary as it needs to be, if HM is still around, she's likely to retaliate in her nice, soft, circuitous way.

by Anonymousreply 381May 20, 2022 3:33 PM

I’m listening to the audio version of Andre Agassi’s auto bio now, which was ghost written by the guy writing Harry’s book.

Based on how the author ripped Agassi’s father and first wife (Brooke Shields) to shreds—not to mention his tennis rivals—I’m 100% certain that Harry will burn every bridge that’s still standing. It will be a blood bath.

In the Agassi book, Andre comes across as full of self pity and a complete victim. Even his meth addiction is blamed on factors outside of his control. Only saved by leaving tennis in a dramatic fashion and by Stephie Graf (sp?)— who is characterized as beyond reproach.

Harry’s book will be the same—poor little rich boy who yearned for a simple life but was repeatedly denied by a cabal of baddies …until Meghan appeared from the heavens.

by Anonymousreply 382May 20, 2022 4:54 PM

That's interesting R382, thank you for that. I've been wondering since Moehringer was announced as a ghost writer what the Agassi book was like. I think if Harry's memoir is more of the same - and as I see it we have literally no reason to believe it will be otherwise (i.e. Harry DOES think he's a pure victim of evil people and Random House has every reason to encourage a narrative that will cause maximum drama and publicity - and attacking the royal family will do that nicely, just as it did for Oprah), then he'll have a much harder time selling himself as a victim than Agassi did. For one thing, the public had no thought or concern for people like AA's father, there was no emotional investment there etc. But the public, definitely the UK public and increasingly the US public (along with other Commonwealth countries) is skeptical of M and H's claims and even sympathetic to the BRF.

This could backfire in exactly the same way the Oprah interview did, especially if Moehringer isn't truly sympathetic (which...why would he be? Harry is inherently unsympathetic beyond the loss of his mother).

by Anonymousreply 383May 20, 2022 9:37 PM

[quote] Based on how the author ripped Agassi’s father and first wife (Brooke Shields) to shreds

What was his problem with Brooke? She was more beautiful than he was?

by Anonymousreply 384May 20, 2022 10:06 PM

Right on top of the Moehringer book, the Bower bio will be released, with its revelations about Megxit. Plus maybe the Netflix reality horror show that Harry is trying to get pushed to 2023. So there will be several competing narratives to Moehringer's suspected pity party. More rough sailing ahead!

by Anonymousreply 385May 20, 2022 11:59 PM

I can't imagine who would buy his book, no matter how explosive his next Oprah interview is. I wonder if Netflix will option it for a miniseries. That would be classy.

by Anonymousreply 386May 21, 2022 2:15 AM

September, eh? With their usual bad timing, Harry’s vituperative memoir will be released and the next week the queen passes away.

by Anonymousreply 387May 21, 2022 12:25 PM

Unlike with Agassi, we've seen Harry grow up amongst immense privilege. I don't see regular people having much sympathy for the hyper-privileged Harry when we are all dealing with massive inflation and social instability.

by Anonymousreply 388May 22, 2022 3:59 PM

I can't feel the least bit of sympathy for anyone who lives in a $14 million mansion in Montecito and who doesn't have to work for a living. Sorry, I just can't.

by Anonymousreply 389May 22, 2022 7:00 PM

r389 Agreed. They are both stuck in the 1990s when a lot of this kind of stuff did fly but times have moved on, society has evolved and many have wised up.

by Anonymousreply 390May 22, 2022 8:29 PM

She’s still the little girl who wanted to wear the crown at the birthday party. Life is one long game of pretend for her. She has little clue what any of her fantasies would involve in practice and has even less initiative or discipline to realise then.

by Anonymousreply 391May 22, 2022 10:47 PM

r390, Oh yes, misery memoirs like "Angela's Ashes", "A Child Called It" etc had a huge resurgence in the '90s. After COVID and with recession and war I don't think poor little rich boy will get sympathy.

by Anonymousreply 392May 22, 2022 10:52 PM

r392 Also the tragic victim being elevated to some status akin to semi sainthood and beyond criticism on a tv couch with Oprah or some equilivent is also very dated and 1990s.

by Anonymousreply 393May 23, 2022 1:00 AM

Fuck off, Surviving Klan whore.

by Anonymousreply 394May 23, 2022 5:55 AM

R378 No, sweetie, just no. Try harder.

by Anonymousreply 395May 23, 2022 5:56 AM

Oh, dear. R394 sounds quite unwell.

by Anonymousreply 396May 23, 2022 7:46 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397May 23, 2022 8:18 AM

They really do go overboard with the PDA.

by Anonymousreply 398May 23, 2022 2:10 PM

Is it a foregone conclusion at this point that the Time cover was purchased? Seriously, two people whose accomplishments are limited to raising 50,000 USD in charitable funds and who struggle to produce a half hour of entertainment despite every advantage birth and marriage can provide were worthy of a Time cover.?

by Anonymousreply 399May 23, 2022 3:49 PM

Both Time and Newsweek have fallen on hard times. I'm sure they're thrilled to get paid off by Sunshine Sucks.

by Anonymousreply 400May 23, 2022 6:55 PM

Wow, she's still fat around the waist and on the ass - or is it just the bad outfit highlighting her worst body features?

by Anonymousreply 401May 23, 2022 7:03 PM

Spongebob is fat.

by Anonymousreply 402May 23, 2022 7:27 PM

Spongemegh Squarecunt

by Anonymousreply 403May 23, 2022 7:37 PM

R398 - That's because Netflix's cameras are watching.

by Anonymousreply 404May 23, 2022 11:12 PM

I don’t begrudge Harry’s polo. He lost all his friends in the move. He can’t sit around all day coming up with new initiatives and crafting thoughtful statements. Polo is something he’s done for years pre-Meghan, it’s his only outlet.

I do wonder if he’s considered a good player.

by Anonymousreply 405May 23, 2022 11:53 PM

[quote] I don’t begrudge Harry’s polo.

Understand. What about when he preaches to the masses? Equality? Climate change? Carbon output? Misinformation? Lying? Grifting?

You may excuse the polo thing for Harry, but placed in a larger context, the guy is a complete HYPOCRITE.

by Anonymousreply 406May 24, 2022 12:10 AM

His riding skills are less than fair-to-middling, shall we say. But there's not much shame in that respect with the 'sport' of polo. The ponies, while they're on the field, are treated just as another piece of equipment, like the mallet and the ball, and often leave the chukka with bloodied sides from spurs and bloodied mouths from the bit in its mouth. Reins are tossed to the groom as soon as Mr. Swell-Polo-Player hops off to slap his teammates backs and head for the players tent where the wives, mistresses, and business associates hobnob without even glancing at the match after the first five minutes. Oh, and the swarthy South American players are fucking the anything available in hopes hitting pay dirt, like our poor dear Athina ....

by Anonymousreply 407May 24, 2022 12:15 AM

So un-woke of Meghan and Harry

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408May 24, 2022 12:30 AM

Hey arseholes! We drove to the polo grounds in a chauffeured SUV and just a small security detail of two other cars. We didn't even use a private plane this time, so we barely even left a carbon footprint!

by Anonymousreply 409May 24, 2022 2:25 AM

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 05/23 **2**

To say that the alliterate one had to work for it to be seen in a photo this past weekend, is an understatement. First, she had to tell the other wives and girlfriends they were not allowed to have their photo taken because of security reasons, and then she had to find a way around a trophy and several large men. She made it though.

by Anonymousreply 410May 24, 2022 7:21 AM

Have they dropped the pretense that they’re fighting for “equity”? Because there’s hardly a more elitist sport than polo. Maybe thoroughbred racing. Or regattas.

It’s fine with me if they embrace the effort to love like billionaires — as long as they don’t berate everyone else for EQUITY.

by Anonymousreply 411May 24, 2022 3:39 PM

But I guess to be fair, what other team sport could Harry fit into? A local amateur soccer league team? So if Netflix wants some footage of him "palling around" with anybody - it probably has to be something like this, that he has some kind of history with.

And her going ALL OUT on the outfit - egads - must mean she knows this is intended for their fabulous new "docu-series" that of course is NOT a reality show oh no. I hope they filmed her telling the other women (and little girl) to get the fuck out of her shot - "Now I'm ready Mr DeMille, let me guide you boys out of my spotlight with my pushy leathery little hands" (glad they didn't entirely go along with it lol)

by Anonymousreply 412May 24, 2022 4:18 PM

That hat was another triumph in no idea how to dress.

by Anonymousreply 413May 24, 2022 4:19 PM

Her presenting the trophy was obviously arranged by her PR reps and Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 414May 24, 2022 5:21 PM

Did they have the Netflix deal when Harry and Eugenie went to that sports event - Superbowl? tennis match? oh I can't rmember. You have to think long and hard to guess something film-worthy that these two losers have done. Oh - that trip to New York? and her wearing the backfat red dress to the veterans' tribute thing. Her 40 minute service for her 40 years claptrap, but at least there were stars on zoom with her...

I guess they do some things, but they really have to start throwing the plates and kettles of hot tea for this stupid show to work. Well, she does - he just needs to be her dopey sidekick who looks put out but puts up with it anyway, like Kate Gosselin's husband.

by Anonymousreply 415May 24, 2022 5:29 PM

So the losing team gets a trophy and all the twitter publicity?

by Anonymousreply 416May 25, 2022 12:26 AM

R416, yes.

The Los Padres also lost their previous match and it wasn’t mentioned then, either. I really really think this is a total PR thing for him, using Nacho to make it legit.

Nacho’s wife’s IG is what Meghan wishes. Delfina has style.

by Anonymousreply 417May 25, 2022 1:47 AM

Pearl Pulls A Polo Train.

by Anonymousreply 418May 25, 2022 2:33 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419May 25, 2022 2:37 AM

[quote]I really really think this is a total PR thing for him, using Nacho to make it legit.

This is 1000% what it is.

by Anonymousreply 420May 25, 2022 6:53 AM

Even Nacho can't mend the hole in this sinking ship. How dumb for him & them. Everyone once again sees, Team Suckess =Losing Team! GET OFF THTE SINKING SHIP NOW, NACHO!!

by Anonymousreply 421May 25, 2022 12:28 PM

If the Royal Family is literally the British KKK like Meghan and her fans have made it out to be, you'd think she would be uncomfortable and disgusted with her titles and would immediately renounce them and formally request parliament to remove any and all association with that evil and abusive racist family.

The fact that she didn't do that and even loudly whined when her or her kids' titles weren't mentioned on their birth certificates is very telling.

by Anonymousreply 422May 26, 2022 2:37 AM

R422 One more time: this one isn't on Meghan. She can't petition Parliament for a brass farthing.

The title isn't HERS. It's Harry's. She gets to use it because she's his wife

Harry can ditch the titles, either by getting Gran to them into abeyance or by asking her to present a bill to Parliament to grant Harry's request to renounce the titles, OR by filing for American citizenship, in which case he would have to renounce all foreign titles.

When Harry loses or gives up his title, Meghan loses hers automatically. But she herself has absolutely no power over this issue. And, in the event of a divorce, u dear the rules put in after the Wales andcYork divorces, Meghan would also forfeit the title automatically.

As the two are clearly still heavily invested in their membership in that antiquated, racist, classist, toxic institution, I expect their Oh, God, please make us all equal, but not quite yet stance to continue.

by Anonymousreply 423May 26, 2022 11:16 AM

She could be an actual feminist and use her own name rather than her husband's title. That is her own choice.

by Anonymousreply 424May 26, 2022 11:28 AM

She loves to sign her dumb letters to politicians etc with "Meghan, The Duchess of Sussex". In the US, mind you.

You REALLY think she'd ever let Harry ditch his titles?

by Anonymousreply 425May 26, 2022 12:51 PM

Oh wow - I didn't know that. I've been thinking they'll divorce soon, and like Lady Colin Campbell, I thought she could keep some form of title, like Princess Henry Windsor... oh I don't know... but to go back to plain old Meghan Markle? (or even keeping plain Meghan Windsor) - she'll stick to him like superglue unless she can get a billionaire on the hook, and she doesn't look capable of that, unlike Jackie Kennedy. Poor old Harry.

Would his kids still get some sort of titles if he divorced Meghan? I'd assume so - especially when Charles or William ascends the throne (is that the phrase?) Will it even happen? I'd assume so but Andrew, Harry and Meghan have done their damnedest to tarnish the institution.

by Anonymousreply 426May 26, 2022 5:07 PM

She is presently HRH the Duchess of Sussex, though it is agreed the HRH won't be used. After a divorce, if precedent and convention is followed, she would first name, Duchess of Sussex. You might auction off use of the title in the settlement negotiations. They might pay to see it surrendered.

by Anonymousreply 427May 26, 2022 5:14 PM

^ One more thing, the title is lost upon remarriage.

by Anonymousreply 428May 26, 2022 5:15 PM

I must have misread R423 who said:

"And, in the event of a divorce, u dear the rules put in after the Wales andcYork divorces, Meghan would also forfeit the title automatically."

So I thought things were changed after Charles and Andrew got divorced, and Meghan would end up with no title whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 429May 26, 2022 5:19 PM

She is so predictable

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430May 26, 2022 6:48 PM

Using murdered children as a photo op. Her notion of ’compassion in action,’ I presume.

by Anonymousreply 431May 26, 2022 6:55 PM

I hope someone asked if SHE was OK

by Anonymousreply 432May 26, 2022 7:45 PM

[quote] Using murdered children as a photo op. Her notion of ’compassion in action,’ I presume.

She horrifies me

by Anonymousreply 433May 26, 2022 8:11 PM

That Netflix content isn’t going to create itself. I just hope she didn’t inflict herself on any of the grieving families. They’ve been through enough.

by Anonymousreply 434May 26, 2022 8:30 PM

[quote] Using murdered children as a photo op. Her notion of ’compassion in action,’ I presume.

Joe Biden and Doctor JIll are pissed she beat them to it.

Biden and Jill will visit Uvalde on Sunday following the school massacre that left 21 dead - nine days after their trip to Buffalo

President Joe Biden and Jill Biden will travel to Uvalde, Texas, on Sunday

Trip comes nine days after their visit to Buffalo, New York

Biden said they would go to bring 'a little comfort to the community'

by Anonymousreply 435May 26, 2022 8:52 PM

At this point, they just look like wannabes.

by Anonymousreply 436May 26, 2022 9:07 PM

Diana and Fergie were British citizens. Meghan isn't. That may be a factor in keeping titles in the event of a divorce.

It would be one thing if the shooting was Santa Barbara-adjacent. But to hop on a plane to go to a place you have no connection to for a photo op? Yikes.

They could've made a donation and a statement with links to the various GoFundMes but...that wouldn't get circulated photos, would it? Reminds me of that tacky ass visit to the veterans cemetery...with a camera man

by Anonymousreply 437May 26, 2022 9:13 PM

T435. Thank you for that intelligent and insightful comment!

Ever since Biden won that national election, there has been no limit to his hubris and inappropriateness. I’ve heard of something even worse In January next year he plans to insist on both houses of congress assembling for over an hour so that he can give his thought on how things are going in the country! And he expects the networks to cover it. The man is drink on power and thinks he has the right or even the duty to represent the country! You would think he was the spouse of a minor hereditary title holder the way he acts.

In any event, please continue to provide us with many bonté intelligent and fair-minded comments.

by Anonymousreply 438May 26, 2022 9:14 PM

Pity she didn't show up in Buffalo, i'in personal' capacity as a 'Black Woman'

by Anonymousreply 439May 26, 2022 9:25 PM

R435 is R438, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 440May 26, 2022 9:27 PM

Shove your disapproval of Biden up your ass. That isn't going to distract from the shit stain that is Markle.

by Anonymousreply 441May 26, 2022 9:30 PM

r438, I see what you mean. The brass neck of the head of state visiting people affected by a catastrophic event a few days later when they are coming out of shock .This cannot be comparared to the humanityyy of a former burger blower laying flowers and having her tasteful jewelly photographed. ( price 5.99 at you local bargainzrus)

by Anonymousreply 442May 26, 2022 9:30 PM

R438 is obviously being sarcastic, for those unaware.

by Anonymousreply 443May 26, 2022 9:33 PM

Remember, R443, a good number of our intelligentsia really thought DL was shutting down.

by Anonymousreply 444May 26, 2022 9:35 PM

Not the time or place.

by Anonymousreply 445May 26, 2022 9:35 PM

Back to me ladies!

by Anonymousreply 446May 26, 2022 9:36 PM

America unfortunately has no end of mass shootings. Will she now be visiting all of them?

by Anonymousreply 447May 26, 2022 9:37 PM

R429 - I'm sorry I wasn't clear. After the Wales and York divorces, in which the ex-wives forfeited their HRHs but kept their titles, the rules were quietly changed so that in a divorce, the ex-wife would forfeit the HRH AND the title.

It's always possible she could try to negotiate something around a financial settlement in exchange for being allowed to keep the Sussex title, but given how she's behaved toward them, why would they bother?

Yes, of course, if she wants to go into politics she can "stop calling herself" the Duchess of Sussex. But everyone knows that she IS - so it's a meaningless gesture, just like Harry's "Just call me Harry."

The really meaningful gesture would for them both to show the world they are who they say they are, and for Harry to give up the titles legally and formally and trumpet that this was a joint decision of him and his wife because they're fighting for a more equal world for their children.

As it happens, right now Harry is fighting to get his status changed back in the UK to a level that forces the UK taxpayer to give him the same protection it gives his brother and father - whenever he and his family happen to visit, even if it's doing their own thing and nothing to do with events connected to the BRF where he'd be under the umbrella of their protection services.

Because he wants a more equal world, but not for the British taxpayer.

God, they are JUST the most revolting people.

by Anonymousreply 448May 26, 2022 9:38 PM

r447, only if it tugs at the heartstrings or unless something better comes along.

by Anonymousreply 449May 26, 2022 9:40 PM

Her troll farm's got her trending on twitter. Truly, Sunshine Sucks is disgusting. Nobody knows who this bitch is but she shows up so the world's media - which all appear to be in Uvalde - will take her picture and give her some publicity. Fuck this bitch.

by Anonymousreply 450May 26, 2022 9:47 PM

Will someone tell us what the card said and what the color of the ribbon signifies? And which florist sold it to her?

by Anonymousreply 451May 26, 2022 9:51 PM

It read "nobody has asked me if I'm OK".

by Anonymousreply 452May 26, 2022 9:53 PM

Look at this. She's the chick with the baseball cap and the fat ass squeezed into tight jeans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 453May 26, 2022 9:57 PM

Here she is, with her Netflix camera crew getting ready for the shot.

Jesus, this is the photo all the papers should put up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 454May 26, 2022 9:58 PM

You can see her black bra under the white shirt. I guess she really only makes an effort for polo matches.

by Anonymousreply 455May 26, 2022 10:02 PM

Nah, that was to remind everyone how sexy she really is when there isn't a mass shooting, r455.

by Anonymousreply 456May 26, 2022 10:05 PM

Does Netflix really think people want to SEE this? Really?!

There’s a formula, and elements that make it watchable. Nobody wants to watch feats of altruism.

by Anonymousreply 457May 26, 2022 10:13 PM

What a white trashy move for a biracial person.

by Anonymousreply 458May 26, 2022 10:23 PM

Appalling behaviour stealthily cloaked in wokeness.

by Anonymousreply 459May 26, 2022 10:53 PM

How does she think this is a good look when she hasn't even seen her sick father?

by Anonymousreply 460May 26, 2022 10:56 PM

[quote]she shows up so the world's media - which all appear to be in Uvalde - will take her picture and give her some publicity.

I hadn't thought about this. If she had waited to visit until after the town's shock had worn off, she ran the risk that the foreign crews would have left already.

by Anonymousreply 461May 26, 2022 10:58 PM

R460, she's completely whack, that's why.

She'll probably come up with a bunch of lies about her father once he's dead.

by Anonymousreply 462May 26, 2022 10:59 PM

One of the issues with papa...Psycho Sister Sam is there. Even if Meghan wanted to visit (which I doubt she does) it would be next to impossible for her to avoid a Dynasty-esque confrontation.

And as for Doting Grandpa Tom...where are his grown grandchildren rushing to his side?

by Anonymousreply 463May 26, 2022 11:01 PM

No one knows because they are not public figures. Nice try.

by Anonymousreply 464May 26, 2022 11:08 PM

Netflix really wants to be associated with this?

by Anonymousreply 465May 26, 2022 11:08 PM

What a stupid deflection, r463.

by Anonymousreply 466May 26, 2022 11:09 PM

R464 it's fair to point out that as he whined about access to Merchie and Lilibucks, he had next to no relationships with his other grandkids.

Charles has a case for being left out, as he has a bond with William's kids and Camilla's grandchildren.

by Anonymousreply 467May 26, 2022 11:09 PM

Right, but like it or not, this reflects worse on Meg. She's the one trying to present the Saint Diana 2.0 public image.

by Anonymousreply 468May 26, 2022 11:13 PM

R468 well nobody's ever accused her of having great instincts

by Anonymousreply 469May 26, 2022 11:17 PM

Your Majesty, release the hounds.

by Anonymousreply 470May 26, 2022 11:36 PM

Why didn't she come to Buffalo?

by Anonymousreply 471May 27, 2022 7:03 AM

Why didn't she (or Biden) come to Milwaukee?

Oh,,,, right.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472May 27, 2022 7:09 AM

Buffalo was a racist attack that affected black people.

by Anonymousreply 473May 27, 2022 12:18 PM

Buffalo didn't get the world's media camping out there. Uvalde's got every fucking news organization from the US, the UK, France, Japan, etc. camping out there.

by Anonymousreply 474May 27, 2022 9:19 PM

So you're saying that the potential for personal aggrandizement vis a vis the location was the driver of the decision, then.

by Anonymousreply 475May 27, 2022 9:23 PM

R472. How frequently do presidents commemorate events that kill three people? Your comment is absurd.

by Anonymousreply 476May 27, 2022 9:28 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!