Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why do gay men wear speedos?

I’ve never understood this. I’m asking seriously. I’ve never worn a speedo or wanted to wear a Speedo in my life. Even the most masculine guys you see on Instagram , you see them on vacation wearing speedos. Someone please explain it to me. It’s not a trend it just seems like something that’s been going on since the begging of gay time

by Anonymousreply 600August 21, 2022 10:20 PM

Different people like different things.

by Anonymousreply 1May 1, 2022 2:53 AM

That doesn’t answer my question at all. I want a real answer

by Anonymousreply 2May 1, 2022 2:55 AM

It's always only the ones who are desperate for attention.

by Anonymousreply 3May 1, 2022 2:56 AM

People like speedos. I don't, but some people do.

What exactly needs explaining? Are you unfamiliar with the concept of tastes that differ from yours?

Seriously? Do you think you're original? Because you're really not. You're actually basic as fuck for having this "opinion."

by Anonymousreply 4May 1, 2022 2:58 AM

So it’s a show off thing? While Dont straight himbos wear Speedo’s then? If they are not European and truly straight. A guy wearing a Speedo even with an amazing body. Say a guido. It never happens

by Anonymousreply 5May 1, 2022 2:59 AM

So you can see their gingerbread……

by Anonymousreply 6May 1, 2022 2:59 AM

It’s more of a stereo type that’s true. Not an opinion. Who crawled up your Speedo? Lol. Super hostile about it lol. If stereo types have some truth in them. Where does gay men wear speedos cone from? It’s not an opinion. I want to know

by Anonymousreply 7May 1, 2022 3:00 AM

[quote]That doesn’t answer my question at all. I want a real answer

There isn't an answer that will satisfy you so just stop.

by Anonymousreply 8May 1, 2022 3:01 AM

Preening

by Anonymousreply 9May 1, 2022 3:01 AM

That’s a good answer r8 😆 seriously

by Anonymousreply 10May 1, 2022 3:02 AM

Europeans and Australians wear speedos too. In fact, for a while, I thought it was a culture thing. As for gays, gays like to wear more provocatively when it comes to showing skin. And speedo is a skimpy pick while having some modesty still. I detest thongs and G-strings in public though.

by Anonymousreply 11May 1, 2022 3:03 AM

[quote]While Dont straight himbos wear Speedo’s then?

Maybe because Speedos are associated with gay men and they're homophobic?

by Anonymousreply 12May 1, 2022 3:04 AM

Except the stop part. I still want to hear theories why gay men wear speedos. So I’m assuming it’s preening gay style that gays have copied and it’s a kind of peacocking thing

by Anonymousreply 13May 1, 2022 3:04 AM

Why do women wear string bikinis? They want to.

by Anonymousreply 14May 1, 2022 3:04 AM

I type fast. I dont care. *autocorrect. You are basically saying what I’m saying. WHY is wearing a Speedo associated with gays. Where did it come from?

by Anonymousreply 15May 1, 2022 3:05 AM

Because many straight men are too slouchy and slovenly to wear them well, OP. Self-confidently wearing a Speedo doesn't mesh with their cargo shorts and hoodie dudebro identities.

by Anonymousreply 16May 1, 2022 3:09 AM

Speedos were invented during the French Revolution, but they didn't take off until Napoleon's campaign in Egypt and Syria, around 1800. It was hot and they liked to show off their bodies as they swam in the Nile.

by Anonymousreply 17May 1, 2022 3:10 AM

Very out of shape gay men wear speedos . It’s not only good bodies at the gay beach

by Anonymousreply 18May 1, 2022 3:10 AM

Wow, OP's a thin-skinned psycho. I'm here for the meltdowns.

by Anonymousreply 19May 1, 2022 3:18 AM

[quote]WHY is wearing a Speedo associated with gays.

Is it though? I think it's more associated with Europeans and with sketchy straight guys.

I think you're overstating the gay/speedo association.

Are you new to being gay? Are are you very old and out of touch?

Why do you type so crazy? Are you insane?

by Anonymousreply 20May 1, 2022 3:20 AM

Yes I know it’s not a thing in European. But it is very specific to gay men. No one has answered. I have no clue why the response is so angry LOL. My skin is thick, give me a good answer. You haven’t. At all

by Anonymousreply 21May 1, 2022 3:44 AM

I like it!

by Anonymousreply 22May 1, 2022 3:46 AM

“ I like it, Picasso”

by Anonymousreply 23May 1, 2022 3:49 AM

[quote]Yes I know it’s not a thing in European.

What is your first language?

European is an adjective. The noun, for the continent, is Europe. And it [italic]is[/italic] "a thing" in Europe.

Are you okay?

by Anonymousreply 24May 1, 2022 3:51 AM

I’m fine thank you. You are so up right about what autocorrects and grammar. Do you wear sweater vests? Why do gay men wear speedos? ? ? ?

by Anonymousreply 25May 1, 2022 3:54 AM

You've been given answers, OP. You just don't want to acknowledge them. There is no 1 right answer, anyway.

[quote]I think it's more associated with Europeans

Having worked at international camps for a few summers, I have come to associate Speedos with Europeans and South Americans.

by Anonymousreply 26May 1, 2022 3:55 AM

Oh no It corrected to up right instead of up tight. Hear comes sweater vest man 😂

by Anonymousreply 27May 1, 2022 3:55 AM

Ok. Let’s say... You are at the gay beach in Miami. Yes. Many are European. But why at specifically the 12th street gay beach , 95 percent brightly colored , and the new trend (flesh colored) speedos are the swimwear of choice? .. by the gays

by Anonymousreply 28May 1, 2022 3:58 AM

[quote]Why do gay men wear speedos? Why do Frenchmen wear 'slips'?

by Anonymousreply 29May 1, 2022 3:58 AM

[quote]You are so up right about what autocorrects and grammar.

Are you drunk?

by Anonymousreply 30May 1, 2022 3:58 AM

Yes it’s a stereotype like all French smoke , gay men wearing speedos is a stereotype. That is true.. why ?

by Anonymousreply 31May 1, 2022 3:59 AM

What's OP's disorder? Anyone know? Is this mental illness or just stupidity? Is it OCD? Is OP autistic? All of the above?

by Anonymousreply 32May 1, 2022 3:59 AM

🙄 you proved my point mr sweater vest

by Anonymousreply 33May 1, 2022 4:00 AM

What is the disorder for a gay men that gets easily offended when someone says the group of men he associated with wear speedos.? Then gets very angry at someone questioning a thing that can be easily observed. What is the disorder. Someone who is a Karen/Kevin? Up tight , takes themselves too serious, sanctimonious? What is that disorder.. anyone? And.. also. Why do gay men love to wear speedos??

by Anonymousreply 34May 1, 2022 4:03 AM

[quote]But why at specifically the 12th street gay beach , 95 percent brightly colored , and the new trend (flesh colored) speedos are the swimwear of choice? .. by the gays

Because they're probably a majority there, anyway, trOllP.

Btw, stop using "sweater vest" as a deflection from your idiotic language usage errors when commenters point them out. Perhaps you would benefit from wearing one, yourself.

by Anonymousreply 35May 1, 2022 4:04 AM

No Kevin. I don’t wear your sweater vests 🙃. Ok. I’m at the gay beach in Chicago. Not Miami because you will just deflect it’s Europeans. I’m in Chicago. Why are all the gays wearing speedos? I’m on a gay cruise, why are they all wearing speedos? I’m in puerto Vallarta at a pool party. Why is everyone wearing brightly colored speedos? Why! Kevin!!!???? Why!

by Anonymousreply 36May 1, 2022 4:06 AM

I can't even tell who the OP is anymore.

by Anonymousreply 37May 1, 2022 4:07 AM

Looooool 😂

by Anonymousreply 38May 1, 2022 4:08 AM

How did we get on sweater vests?

Such a strange thread.

by Anonymousreply 39May 1, 2022 4:08 AM

Englishman wearing a French cotton 'slip' in 1961.

Nylon Speedos not yet manufactured in 1961

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40May 1, 2022 4:08 AM

Why? Kevin (mr sweater vest). Whyyyy do gay men wear speedos. 8 out of 10 gay men will wear Speedo. Tell me why!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41May 1, 2022 4:13 AM

Tedious trOllP is tedious.

by Anonymousreply 42May 1, 2022 4:27 AM

Hate them. so unattractive

by Anonymousreply 43May 1, 2022 4:35 AM

Is it a bottom thing. ? The more gay the Speedo the more of a bottom the person. 🤨

by Anonymousreply 44May 1, 2022 4:36 AM

Semi-Buttock Alert

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45May 1, 2022 4:37 AM

R34 you sound strangely obsessed.

by Anonymousreply 46May 1, 2022 4:43 AM

I love them on a guy. Form fitting. Leaves nothing to the imagination. Sexy!

by Anonymousreply 47May 1, 2022 4:50 AM

OP, I apologize for all the impertinent responses you are receiving to your legitimate query. In fact, there is a good reason for the lack of a clear response. Those of us who are card-carrying homosexuals ARE NOT ALLOWED to reveal the whys and wherefores of Speedo wearing in a public forum. It violates the pledge we sign when we are recruited. However, if you take a screen shot of the both sides of the credit or debit card you used to join and post those images here, I will gladly furnish you with the desired information.

by Anonymousreply 48May 1, 2022 5:02 AM

I wear them for swimming, I do a lot of lap swimming at the pools, usually about 2 km a day.

Speedos are favoured by anyone that does a lot of actual swimming (as opposed to just sitting in the water or playing), especially competitively, anything baggy is uncomfortable and slows you down

And they are common here down under. I wear them to the beach when I do go, why have two different pieces of swimwear.. Its only America that is all uptight about Speedos etc, the rest of the world doesnt give a shit. Here its not a "gay" thing its just what guys wear to swim

To answer OP's question, I guess the reason more gay men wear Speedos in the US is that gay men have gotten past all the puritan hang ups and bullshit about being naked or nearly naked. Plus they tend to have somewhat better bodies than straight men (although there's plenty of exceptions)

by Anonymousreply 49May 1, 2022 5:08 AM

Instead of asking dumb-fuck questions OP, why don't you visit Australia where the Speedo was born, or Europe where it's also worn, and where those who do wear it -- gay and straight -- don't have your sick and sad body hangups.

by Anonymousreply 50May 1, 2022 5:08 AM

If you have big dick, wrap it in a speedo to show that you're superior to most men?

Money can't buy your own dick, only other guys'.

by Anonymousreply 51May 1, 2022 5:12 AM

Imagine OP going to Germany and its tiny head exploding by all the nude sunbaking in public parks.

by Anonymousreply 52May 1, 2022 5:12 AM

R52 yeah I done that, but in Switzerland. And not just nude sunbaking, but outdoor sex as well..... actually, mostly sex. It was fun.

Op's head sure would of done exploded seeing the outdoor orgy I was in. Good times

by Anonymousreply 53May 1, 2022 5:26 AM

Because they're WHORES

by Anonymousreply 54May 1, 2022 5:27 AM

It’s weird but Holland is cracking down on public nudity — they put cows in the cruising areas in an attempt to stop it. Probably because the muslims are so powerful there, and it never had the big FKK nudism culture that Germany had.

by Anonymousreply 55May 1, 2022 6:00 AM

Because we are all environmental activists and save fabric to heal the planet.

by Anonymousreply 56May 1, 2022 6:11 AM

Try them on yourself go out trolling and you may find out why

by Anonymousreply 57May 1, 2022 6:11 AM

OP - you’re getting huffy demanding an answer. So why don’t you start by stating why this is even a question on your mind. WHY do you want to know?

by Anonymousreply 58May 1, 2022 6:14 AM

I wear speedos at gay events or in Europe b/c I work out hard, wore them as a swimmer growing up, and I have a nice ass and a big cock. Speedos are when you get to show off all the work in the gym. I think that is why most guys wear them. I don't find them comfortable though and wear board shorts when just hanging around. Like I wouldn't wear a speedo as an adult at a country club.

by Anonymousreply 59May 1, 2022 6:40 AM

The reason why is the guys are either showing off their hot ass or their big dick. The speedo just makes it more apparent. End of story

by Anonymousreply 60May 1, 2022 6:58 AM

What happened to OP? Did the drugs wear off?

by Anonymousreply 61May 1, 2022 3:03 PM

I grew up in Spain and have been wearing them since I was a toddler then I started swimming and wore it for the sport.

by Anonymousreply 62May 1, 2022 3:20 PM

I think they look trashy on most men because they don't have a hot body to show off. Muffin tops or a flat ass make for a shocking looking speedo. The muscles twinks love to wear them as they storm around a beach or pool pretending to be a female super model. I think mid-thigh trunks work a lot better.

by Anonymousreply 63May 1, 2022 3:27 PM

Why doesn't OP seek help for her OCD?

by Anonymousreply 64May 1, 2022 3:32 PM

This might have changed and I could have this wrong, but I believe in France, you have to/had to wear Speedos in public pools b/c the were supposedly more hygienic (less material, etc).

by Anonymousreply 65May 1, 2022 6:26 PM

Straight American men hide their genitalia. European men are not afraid to let the let the world know that they have have cocks and balls. Gay men want to show off theirs.

by Anonymousreply 66May 1, 2022 6:37 PM

I can't decide if OP looks more like Nellie Oleson or Veruca Salt.

I do know OP is a walking temper tantrum.

by Anonymousreply 67May 1, 2022 6:43 PM

I’m so confused why I’m crazy , ocd, drunk, having a temper tantrum 😆. Because I asked a question. Kevin, you are too easily offended. So far the best answer is that gay men are always about sex and wear speedos to show what they are packing and to show off dick and ass. Best answer so far. The Kevin that hates me I find hilarious! 😘

by Anonymousreply 68May 1, 2022 6:47 PM

OP, what is your hypothesis?

by Anonymousreply 69May 1, 2022 7:03 PM

My hypothesis is that like all of modern culture that has become all about being attention whores. The more revealing and sexual the clothing the more popular. So it has appeared that more gay men wear speedos but they actually have always worn speedos

I believe that because of the sex on the brain/ cruising like culture of always being ready to pick up guys and have sex is the reason gay men wear speedos. It’s like others have said , it is peacocking and putting their assets on display for being available to have sex at any time.

Conclusion: Gay men majorly wear speedos because they are over sexed and want to fuck all the time. 👨‍🔬 🤓

by Anonymousreply 70May 1, 2022 7:15 PM

But why, oh why does it BOTHER you, OP?

by Anonymousreply 71May 1, 2022 7:20 PM

Because I like to wear one you fucking TWAT. It doesn't bunch up and slow me down in the water. You're a goddamned idiot.

by Anonymousreply 72May 1, 2022 7:22 PM

When did I say it bothers me? It bothered the Kevin that I asked the question. It’s a stereotype that has truth based in it and I asked a general question. Ask Kevin why he had a hair up his ass about it. I was just asking a question. 🤷‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 73May 1, 2022 7:29 PM

I guess gay men that wear speedos hate being part of a stereotype LOL 😆

by Anonymousreply 74May 1, 2022 7:30 PM

I will answer: because gay men are intrrested in cocks and VPLines. So gay men show off their dicks in tight Speedos for other gay men. Women don't care about VPL so straight men don't wear clothes that accentuate their pee pees. That is all.

by Anonymousreply 75May 1, 2022 8:48 PM

[quote]Why do gay men wear speedos?

To show of their dicks.

by Anonymousreply 76May 1, 2022 8:51 PM

OP has a beer belly, he's jealous of guys with nice bodies.

by Anonymousreply 77May 1, 2022 8:52 PM

Because I've got an ass that stops traffic. Next stupid question?

by Anonymousreply 78May 1, 2022 8:54 PM

JFC because they look hawt on hawt guys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79May 1, 2022 8:57 PM

Can OP be this stupid? Or is it all a troll, say anything, for any attention?

by Anonymousreply 80May 1, 2022 9:05 PM

Speedos are a younger menz thing. My gentleman callers, both the rugged and the well-dressed, are more mature than that.

by Anonymousreply 81May 1, 2022 9:13 PM

What makes OP think speedos are the exclusive purview of gay men?

Has the jack ass ever seen a competitive swim meet, or a diving competition or a water polo match?

by Anonymousreply 82May 1, 2022 9:24 PM

Or a school or municipal pool anywhere in Europe.

by Anonymousreply 83May 1, 2022 9:25 PM

I can't imagine why.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84May 1, 2022 9:28 PM

They often call me Speedo/but my real name is Mr. Earl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85May 1, 2022 9:56 PM

I’m a foreigner so I grew up wearing Speedos. Then I came here and wore them cause I am athletic with a big dick and butt. I also do swimming 2/3 days a week, so I wear them there too. I do wear the thicker ones.

by Anonymousreply 86May 1, 2022 9:57 PM

You type fat, OP.

by Anonymousreply 87May 1, 2022 9:59 PM

[quote] That doesn’t answer my question at all. I want a real answer

Who in the Violet Beauregard fuck are YOU to demand this, cuntessa? No one rang for you. Go waddle up to someone wearing one on a beach, stomp your feet and ask them.

by Anonymousreply 88May 1, 2022 10:01 PM

OP, I declare you cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 89May 1, 2022 10:11 PM

OP Are you fucking retarded? It's all about packaging the goods to best effect. You see him in a Speedo you know exactly what you're getting (or not getting).

by Anonymousreply 90May 1, 2022 10:16 PM

Again. Kevin! Why am I a troll, a beer belly, crazy, ugly, mentally ill. Because I asked this question. Kevin. I find it hilarious that taking about gay men wearing speedos gets under your skin so much. It’s amazing 😻.

by Anonymousreply 91May 1, 2022 10:46 PM

Uh Ohhh it autocorrected to “taking” instead of “talking”. Here comes Kevin to tell me off. Lol 😆 🙃 😜

by Anonymousreply 92May 1, 2022 10:47 PM

Why does any man wear speedos? Sick-making.

by Anonymousreply 93May 1, 2022 11:23 PM

Agree. Speedos are trashy. Well fitting swim shorts above the knee are appropriate. Board shorts for dude bros. Speedos are gay gay gay

by Anonymousreply 94May 1, 2022 11:24 PM

Me too R86. Speedos are just more comfortable for my huge uncut veiny flaccid cock and my bubble butt. It's how we roll in Latvia.

by Anonymousreply 95May 1, 2022 11:26 PM

And I wear the thin ones so everybody gets a gander of god's blessing to me.

by Anonymousreply 96May 1, 2022 11:30 PM

I imagine gay men wear Speedos for the same reason straight women wear skimpy bikinis. Because they can.

by Anonymousreply 97May 1, 2022 11:57 PM

Who give a fuck what's "appropriate"? Speedos are designed for swimming. They balance the most efficient amount of fabric to wear to reduce drag in the water with keeping everything fully covered while also providing a full range of movement. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs their head examined.

by Anonymousreply 98May 2, 2022 12:11 AM

When you look this amazing you can wear speedos too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99May 2, 2022 1:33 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100May 2, 2022 1:42 AM

I prefer Speedos when swimming. And much better for drying off. Wet board shorts get all clammy when out of the water. And I don’t care what other people think.

by Anonymousreply 101May 2, 2022 2:19 AM

They are hot R100, but it's a little embarrassing to see are Navy dancing to Taylor Swift, but Gen Z is different.

Also, what is a "Kevin", OP? Is that a male Karen? Stop trying to make fetch happen.

by Anonymousreply 102May 2, 2022 3:49 AM

Won't someone please SHIT IN MY MOUTH??!?!???!?

by Anonymousreply 103May 2, 2022 4:13 AM

WHORES, I tell you!!

by Anonymousreply 104May 2, 2022 5:49 AM

I give you Peter Waterfield. All the reason needed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105May 2, 2022 8:31 AM

^^ fuck yeah

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106May 2, 2022 9:21 AM

Because speedo tan lines are hot. Board short tan lines are not.

by Anonymousreply 107May 2, 2022 10:00 AM

grrrr

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108May 2, 2022 10:53 AM

I think all fit men (gay or straight) who wear speedos do so because they think they look good in them and they want others to see how good they look. Plus I think you have to be a person who has no shyness about your naked body. There might even be a bit of exhibitionist in men who wear a speedo.

by Anonymousreply 109May 2, 2022 11:02 AM

If I had my youthful body again, I'd definitely wear one!

by Anonymousreply 110May 2, 2022 11:03 AM

Nothing is hotter than a twink in a speedo.

by Anonymousreply 111May 2, 2022 11:04 AM

This thread is useless if it's not only posts of gay men in Speedos. No talk, just show please.

by Anonymousreply 112May 2, 2022 11:13 AM

Because they look sexy in ‘em OP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113May 2, 2022 11:40 AM

I love Speedos. I wear them. Check that -- I wear Budgy Smugglers, Noddle Bagz, and Tackle Trunks Trunks from Optimum Sport.

I work out.

I swim laps. I love the feel of them in the pool. Do I look perfect in them? No. But wearing them makes me swim harder and work out harder.

I'll wear them under swim trunks, if I'm at the beach or at a pool just hanging out.

I wear this pair:

Would I wear them if I'm hanging out at a gay beach/pool with other gay guys? I don't know. I'll have to swim more laps in the pool before I answer that!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114May 2, 2022 11:55 AM

I agree with R113...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115May 2, 2022 12:13 PM

less is MOAR

by Anonymousreply 116May 2, 2022 12:18 PM

Because gay men are TACKY

by Anonymousreply 117May 2, 2022 12:24 PM

I think they’re gross. We need to return to a more puritain time when people dressed to COVER THEMSELVES.

by Anonymousreply 118May 2, 2022 12:28 PM

If you’re going to the beach or pool from brunch or shopping, a Speedo can easily be worn under your shorts and will dry fast after swimming. They’re practical.

If you have a muffin top or super flat ass, I agree, a Speedo is not flattering.

by Anonymousreply 119May 2, 2022 1:06 PM

R107 is right.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120May 2, 2022 1:29 PM

Thank you r99! That peek of pubes drove me over the edge! I could see Gregory in his partying days doing a line of blow off someone's hard cock.

by Anonymousreply 121May 2, 2022 4:16 PM

One more vote for Speedo tan lines

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122May 2, 2022 4:26 PM

Waiting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123May 2, 2022 4:28 PM

Who the Sam Hill is going to buy the cow when you're giving away the milk for free? I find Speedos VULGAR! Someone fetch my smelling salts! Fan my head!

by Anonymousreply 124May 2, 2022 4:35 PM

Weren't they originally developed for speed swimmers as a way to cut down on drag?

by Anonymousreply 125May 2, 2022 6:41 PM

OP, think about why straight women wear skimpy clothes and then try to think of something gay men and straight women have in common.

by Anonymousreply 126May 2, 2022 7:56 PM

To be fair the vast majority of men do not look good in speedos, even those that are younger and in shape. You have to have a certain body type and have symmetrical proportions to look good.

by Anonymousreply 127May 3, 2022 1:28 AM

Not sure when "Puritain" times were but in ye olde worlde time svelte boys and men swam nude.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128May 3, 2022 1:54 AM

Because they look sexy and feel good on the body.

by Anonymousreply 129May 3, 2022 7:01 AM

Weird thing to get so pressed about. I wear them because I prefer the feel of swimming with them rather than shorts on, they are better for tanning, they look better and generally feel more comfortable to me. If you don't like wearing them, don't.

by Anonymousreply 130May 3, 2022 11:13 AM

^ stop being so sane

by Anonymousreply 131May 3, 2022 11:22 AM

Tan lines are so ugly and the worst thing about bourgeois US 80s gay culture full top. As ugly as bra strap lines, and as achingly naff as rainbow bead necklaces.

by Anonymousreply 132May 3, 2022 11:26 AM

But most American men attracted to men view men who wear speedos in a negative light, so wearing speedos doesn’t make a male more attractive to most. It makes them less so

by Anonymousreply 133May 3, 2022 11:52 AM

Outside of porn/strippers, a joke, modeling, or organized swimming, I’ve never seen a masculine male wear speedos

by Anonymousreply 134May 3, 2022 11:53 AM

In other words, like most Amurkans, you've never stepped foot outside Amurka. God bless.

by Anonymousreply 135May 3, 2022 11:57 AM

I live in america

by Anonymousreply 136May 3, 2022 12:07 PM

I too am American. 🇺🇸

by Anonymousreply 137May 3, 2022 12:08 PM

r136= too dumb to breathe.

by Anonymousreply 138May 3, 2022 12:23 PM

Function is Form

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139May 3, 2022 1:53 PM

Dads can be sexy too

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140May 3, 2022 1:55 PM

Haven’t been on holiday for ages, but I tended to wear speedos because you get a much better tan; its not great having a tan line halfway up your thighs. Plus, I had the body for it so, why not.

by Anonymousreply 141May 3, 2022 2:16 PM

Miami realness

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142May 3, 2022 2:27 PM

Ask this guy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143May 4, 2022 2:59 AM

R143: hot daddy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144May 4, 2022 3:06 AM

[quote]I’m asking seriously.

No, you're obviously not.

by Anonymousreply 145May 4, 2022 3:18 AM

If a man doesn't have a healthy basket a speedo looks like nothing more than a panty.

by Anonymousreply 146May 4, 2022 11:35 AM

The better question is why do men wear board shorts, you might as well just wear long pants into the water. They are not flattering at all.

by Anonymousreply 147May 4, 2022 11:41 AM

I’ll tell you why OP. Because gay men tend to be in better shape than straight men and they want to show it off to attract: men. DUH!

I’ve been doing it for decades, and it still works and it’s much more comfortable at the beach and in hot weather.. Also European men all are more likely to wear Speedo-like trunks because they are not hung up on male skin like Americans- towel dancing etc, which I find hysterical with all the body and crotch grooming and tatting. Americans are very hung up; like the OP.

by Anonymousreply 148May 4, 2022 6:27 PM

[quote] Americans are very hung up

Yes, it's true. And has been so for 3 centuries.

by Anonymousreply 149May 4, 2022 11:27 PM

I travel the world and the only place I've ever seen speedos associated with gays is the US, not sure about Canada, though. All men in Latin America wear speedos, children, grandpas, everyone. In Europe, even far east, they do it too. Middle east and many northern African countries too. It is an American thing, yet another stupidity brought by American puritanism.

BTW speedos were not invented during the French revolution, it was the attire of most natives in the new world, it's found in Andean mummies in mezzo America and in South East Asian burial grounds too. It's a natural type of clothing to cover the bare minimum in a society that isn't affected by puritanic Christianity and in societies with a hot climate.

by Anonymousreply 150May 5, 2022 2:08 PM

Because.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151May 5, 2022 2:49 PM

So light it helps you to fly

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152May 5, 2022 2:52 PM

I want to see UKGuys big thick meat stuffed into a speedo.

They are much better for swimming laps. If you are a swimmer, trunks create and drag that slows you down. When you wear speedos, you are working against yourself.

by Anonymousreply 153May 6, 2022 3:41 AM

Baggy trunks for me. I get easy erections, esp. on a beach of half-naked men.

by Anonymousreply 154May 6, 2022 3:50 AM

And once again we enter the time warp back to 1987

Olympic swimmers generally wear long tight shorts that look like biking shorts

Here's Michael Phelps from 11 years ago

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155May 6, 2022 3:58 AM

Not for practice a lot of the time R155. Jammers are for competition.

by Anonymousreply 156May 6, 2022 5:22 AM

‘Haven’t I seen you somewhere before?’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157May 6, 2022 6:02 AM

Midwestern wholesomeness

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158May 6, 2022 6:05 AM

The midwest really does have the hottest guys - that cornfed cock. I'm moving. Where is he from R158?

by Anonymousreply 159May 6, 2022 6:14 AM

R157 I have to agree Taylor can easily look great in speedos.

by Anonymousreply 160May 6, 2022 10:39 AM

less is more, bishes

speedos make me wanna SING!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161May 6, 2022 10:49 AM

Steve Grand really does rock those speedos

by Anonymousreply 162May 6, 2022 12:48 PM

American boys in Barcelona

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163May 6, 2022 12:51 PM

R163 Do we know who the guy on the left is?

by Anonymousreply 164May 6, 2022 12:57 PM

R164 He's a Rhodes Scholar, Rose!

by Anonymousreply 165May 6, 2022 3:55 PM

R164: his name is Tim Baird @bairdaddy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166May 6, 2022 4:09 PM

Thanks. He's lovely.

by Anonymousreply 167May 6, 2022 7:54 PM

If you've got a nice package you need to show it off.

by Anonymousreply 168May 6, 2022 9:24 PM

R163 R168 Those "washboard abs? look quite unnatural.

His whole life must be a constant strain striving to achieve and maintain those 'picture-perfect' abdominals. I bet he purges his bowels before every photo-taking season.

by Anonymousreply 169May 6, 2022 9:25 PM

Personally, I think it's a tacky look. Nothing worse than a guy who is screaming "look at me". I think guys should wear normal swim trunks or board shorts (see attached). But it's not my place to judge what others wear on the beach.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170May 6, 2022 9:29 PM

You just judged, you twat.

by Anonymousreply 171May 6, 2022 9:35 PM

I was overweight all of my childhood and throughout college. After moving to New York City, I decided it was time to get this weight thing under control, and so started a strict regimen of diet and exercise. It took me a year and a half to get down to what I considered was a good body for a gay man, but I realized I couldn’t sustain it.

I took a vacation with my mom to Cozumel, and right after we settled in the hotel, I donned my newly-purchased Speedo and we headed to the beach. We spent the afternoon having her take pictures of me – on the beach, in the water, by the pool, diving, lounging on the beach chair, etc. All the while she complained that I looked too thin and that my body type needed more weight.

When I got back to NYC, I decided that I wanted to maintain a weight loss, but not one as severe. I gained 20lbs over the course of that year and have stayed there ever since. And I’ve never worn a Speedo again.

...but I still have the pics!

by Anonymousreply 172May 6, 2022 11:12 PM

Those pics or it never happened R172.

by Anonymousreply 173May 7, 2022 12:37 AM

bc they are WHORE! Op

by Anonymousreply 174May 7, 2022 12:38 AM

I don't know if I would want my mom taking photos of my in a speedo but to each their own.

by Anonymousreply 175May 7, 2022 12:41 AM

Omg

by Anonymousreply 176May 7, 2022 12:52 AM

Because most of them are sluts.

by Anonymousreply 177May 7, 2022 12:54 AM

Lazing around

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178May 7, 2022 2:59 AM

Not 100% fool proof of course, but Speedo is often a useful signifier for who’s top and who’s bottom in a relationship

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179May 7, 2022 3:03 AM

So the Speedo guy is usually the bottom??

by Anonymousreply 180May 7, 2022 3:14 AM

r180 if the top is hung, he'd likely prefer the shorts for freeballin'... though with a prominent bubble butt if you plan on getting in the water, they may just peel right off you when you get out.

by Anonymousreply 181May 7, 2022 3:20 AM

R172 had his mother taking his gay thirst trap photos in multiple locations over a day of her vacation. 🤢🤢🤮🤮🤮😵‍💫😵‍💫😵🐷🐷🐷

by Anonymousreply 182May 7, 2022 7:29 AM

Straight men wear them too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183May 7, 2022 12:29 PM

Versatile: the model is Aussie singer/actor and DL Fave Tim Draxl

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184May 7, 2022 12:32 PM

Usually only very queeny guys wear speedos. It's like the closest thing they get to wearing bikinis. You don't find regular gay guys wearing them. You see a gaggle of gays in speedos, you know there's not an ounce of testosterone in the bunch.

by Anonymousreply 185May 7, 2022 12:35 PM

Strange haircut, but nice tits

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186May 7, 2022 12:52 PM

booty

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187May 7, 2022 9:07 PM

Here's a pic of R185 and a fellow bro bout ready to head out to the gym for a workout.

by Anonymousreply 188May 7, 2022 9:20 PM

Who is r186?????

by Anonymousreply 189May 7, 2022 9:24 PM

R189: that’s Hank @hank_only, from Taiwan

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190May 7, 2022 9:36 PM

Dang son

by Anonymousreply 191May 7, 2022 9:38 PM

For the same reasons women wear bikinis: They want attention and the feeling of being desired while trying to attract sexual partners.

by Anonymousreply 192May 7, 2022 9:41 PM

And that’s why Americans ridicule men who wear them

by Anonymousreply 193May 7, 2022 9:45 PM

Btw, speedos are totally normal and accepted for straight men in Italy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194May 7, 2022 9:49 PM

Sunlight and rainbow

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195May 7, 2022 10:01 PM

The scent of you

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196May 7, 2022 10:09 PM

What does the Rihanna chest tattoo mean when it’s on a gay?

by Anonymousreply 197May 7, 2022 10:17 PM

R197: the model, @joe_d_martinez, used to identify as straight, but that’s like a year ago, so

Sean @danielssean on the right is out and proud

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198May 7, 2022 10:33 PM

This R198 and no mention of Brazil yet? OP in Brazil, it is not gay at all. Straight, gay, young or old, most men wear "Speedos" locally known as sungas. It's pretty common to see men in their sungas walking around, hanging out at the corner bar, or shopping at the supermarket, drugstore, etc.

Once, while at Citibank blocks from the beach, a gorgeous guy entered the bank in a damp, white sungas and flip flops, and that's it. I was looking at him, because he might as well have been naked because you could see everything, but no one at the bank raised an eyebrow.

BTW, I was looking for a photo so I googled Rio Ipanema gay and this FB group photo came up, Hmmm, I wonder who the Americans are? By comparison, they resemble puritans next to Brazilians.

OP, as many have said it is very much not a gay thing, it is an American cultural thing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199May 7, 2022 11:03 PM

Because gay men want to be like entitled white cunts... shopping for the latest trendy speedo patterns at ridiculous prices ($100).

Then they and their wannabe-cunt friends get to spend all winter getting into their "summer body" - obsessing over the latest HIIT workouts and carb-minimal diets.

When summer arrives, they get to pack 25 of their favorite new speedos for a 3 day weekend. They get to do an ultimate fast the night before their big reveal.

And the day arrives, as someone above posted, when they can storm the beach and pretend they are Giselle Bundchen.

-Recovering speedo queen now in her mid 40s. I still have my speedos and will treasure them until the day I die (even if in the privacy of my budoir

by Anonymousreply 200May 7, 2022 11:15 PM

[quote] budoir

boudoir

by Anonymousreply 201May 7, 2022 11:17 PM

^ Is that the suit for summer 2022? Where can my and my gurls get our hands on a Boudoir piece? Is that like Alphonse in Puerto Vallarta???

(Ask any gay man in Puerto Vallarta where they should get a swimsuit. 9/10 they'll be so *original* and say Alphonse. The local speedo designer that is *by appointment only* Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz).

by Anonymousreply 202May 7, 2022 11:31 PM

Further illustration of the point made at r179

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203May 7, 2022 11:55 PM

They’re advertising what they’ve got for good sex. So if you’re a horny slut show it off and sell it to the highest bidder.

by Anonymousreply 204May 8, 2022 12:01 AM

Many men (gay and straight) who work out and build beautiful bodies have a healthy streak of exhibitionism in them. They like to show off the wares and they get off on the admiring looks from others.

by Anonymousreply 205May 8, 2022 12:35 AM

When you got it, flaunt it.

You won't have it forever.

by Anonymousreply 206May 8, 2022 10:45 AM

Those ridiculous baggy and daggy shorts in R170s post. It's difficult to believe US men actually wear them, but one easily forgets how puritanical and infantile over bodies the country actually is. Apparently even the Speedos sold in the US are of a more conservative cut with more fabric than those sold in Europe or the Pacific.

by Anonymousreply 207May 8, 2022 10:55 AM

Bois just wanna have Fun!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208May 8, 2022 1:23 PM

R207 Most American men would probably poop themselves if they walked into a lockerrom in Latin America and Europe.

Thick uncut meat just flopping around left and right. Guys literally shooting the shit for what feels like hours in there and not rushing to cover up anything.

by Anonymousreply 209May 8, 2022 4:13 PM

Gaysian does Thailand

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210May 8, 2022 4:29 PM

Don’t drop the shades

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211May 8, 2022 4:36 PM

[quote] Guys literally shooting the shit

Literally, R209?

Please use the toilets.

by Anonymousreply 212May 8, 2022 10:58 PM

R212 Please literally die in a grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 213May 8, 2022 11:29 PM

In the photo in r199, somebody is so embarrassed to reveal his bulge or his absence of one, that he needs to drape a t-shirt on his front. Holy fuck you're in Rio, go native give it a try. Loosen up already.

by Anonymousreply 214May 8, 2022 11:57 PM

"I have no clue why the response is so angry LOL."

I guess because stupid people like you don't realize how annoying your stupidity is.

God bless.

by Anonymousreply 215May 9, 2022 12:02 AM

Most gay men are bottoms and Speedos show off the ass, they’re advertising for sex.

by Anonymousreply 216May 9, 2022 12:04 AM

[quote] I have no clue why the response is so angry

20% of Dataloungers are ratbags.

by Anonymousreply 217May 9, 2022 12:33 AM

Checking

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218May 9, 2022 1:29 AM

r209, I would modify that to American men under 60 or so. My Dad and his brothers/cousins would have no problem having naked conversations. They did the nude swimming at the YMCA, played sports in school, etc. I think school gym showering probably started dying out in the mid 1980s or so.

by Anonymousreply 219May 9, 2022 12:30 PM

From Down Under

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220May 9, 2022 3:17 PM

R220 has an Only Fans but NEVER shows the penis.

by Anonymousreply 221May 9, 2022 10:06 PM

she shaves her pubes, too

that's a shame

by Anonymousreply 222May 9, 2022 10:08 PM

Can be worn at home too

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223May 9, 2022 10:50 PM

They can be worn at home but the elastic weals my flesh.

Elastic is vital in public but not at home.

by Anonymousreply 224May 9, 2022 10:52 PM

R221: but has @ryan_greasley presented hole though?

R222/Miss Millie: here’s one with treasure trails intact

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225May 9, 2022 10:55 PM

R223 Those two look very good in a speedo, perfect body for them.

But what's with the granny chair and loose plastic in the pic?

by Anonymousreply 226May 9, 2022 10:55 PM

What is up with the aronik flesh colored Speedo. That has definitely become popular. They look naked from far away.

by Anonymousreply 227May 9, 2022 10:58 PM

Andrew N. wears flesh colored Speedos.

by Anonymousreply 228May 9, 2022 11:01 PM

I think you answered your own question, R227.

by Anonymousreply 229May 9, 2022 11:01 PM

R227: here’s DL semi- Fave Nick Topel wearing one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230May 9, 2022 11:03 PM

Does he have a marshmallow peep on his shoulder wtf

by Anonymousreply 231May 9, 2022 11:07 PM

Not just for the kids

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232May 9, 2022 11:09 PM

i don't like them for myself but i'm fine with other men in them. i like checking out packages with my mirrored sunglasses on. i don't even care what their body is like i just want to ogle bulges inconspicuously.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233May 9, 2022 11:19 PM

R233 He's foaming.

by Anonymousreply 234May 9, 2022 11:20 PM

Dear Nick

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235May 10, 2022 1:38 AM

If "gay men are afraid to take off their shirt" then why would gay men be wearing speedos?

by Anonymousreply 236May 10, 2022 2:12 AM

Perky

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237May 10, 2022 5:08 AM

Red and white

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238May 10, 2022 5:35 PM

Orville Peck is wearing one in the pool with his mask and cowboy hat and somehow looks more sexy then he’s ever been before.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239May 10, 2022 6:01 PM

^ Creepy, Ludicrous and Ugly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240May 10, 2022 10:42 PM

R235 that is not a speedo, Helen Keller.

by Anonymousreply 241May 10, 2022 10:46 PM

^ lol one does get slightly distracted sometimes when posting about Nick

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242May 11, 2022 6:39 PM

Here is a picture of R240, who queefs that slim and toned Orville Peck, who has a lovely long cock, is "Creepy, Ludicrous and Ugly."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243May 11, 2022 6:45 PM

SLAYS

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244May 11, 2022 8:21 PM

R243 Do you claim that the creature at R239 has 'a lovely long cock' behind the speedo?

by Anonymousreply 245May 11, 2022 10:47 PM

Closeup

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246May 11, 2022 10:52 PM

It’s a bonding experience

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247May 11, 2022 11:51 PM

Speedos are so gay.

by Anonymousreply 248May 12, 2022 12:46 AM

R248: you say that like it’s a bad thang…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249May 12, 2022 1:07 AM

Happy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250May 12, 2022 5:05 AM

^ I don't think they're Speedos.

Speedos don't have that gusset stitching over the penis to enhance the bulge.

by Anonymousreply 251May 12, 2022 5:15 AM

More to hold on and love

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252May 12, 2022 5:20 AM

R251: please look closely at the one on the left, the logo says ‘Speedo’

by Anonymousreply 253May 12, 2022 5:22 AM

Cute monkeys in the back

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254May 12, 2022 3:02 PM

From the other thread about Chris Meloni doing yoga and splits

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255May 12, 2022 4:09 PM

Rainbow

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256May 14, 2022 12:05 AM

No he’s not

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257May 14, 2022 12:35 AM

Why is water wet?

by Anonymousreply 258May 14, 2022 2:14 AM

R256 is perfection.

by Anonymousreply 259May 14, 2022 8:04 AM

R259: yes @mr.corkscrew is quite delectable

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260May 14, 2022 11:01 AM

Modern family

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261May 14, 2022 8:25 PM

3 outta 4

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262May 15, 2022 2:19 AM

[quote] Why do gay men wear speedos?

A pair speedos is a LURE to catch men..

by Anonymousreply 263May 15, 2022 2:44 AM

Just a hint

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264May 15, 2022 5:31 AM

^ That's a very high cut at the side.

by Anonymousreply 265May 15, 2022 5:50 AM

Selfie realness

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266May 16, 2022 2:15 AM

R265: all the more to lure the boys to the yard Lolz

by Anonymousreply 267May 16, 2022 2:17 AM

Skimpy Skimpier Skimpiest

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268May 16, 2022 4:47 AM

Thong song! 🎧 🎶 👬

by Anonymousreply 269May 16, 2022 4:57 AM

Smorgasbord—

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270May 19, 2022 11:01 PM

Hunks from Down Under

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271May 20, 2022 6:17 AM

The bigger question is,,, why don’t more straight men with good bodies and large genitals wear speedos!??

by Anonymousreply 272May 20, 2022 6:23 AM

R272 Isn’t that the case in Australia? Are there Jacob Elordi Speedo pics out there?

by Anonymousreply 273May 20, 2022 7:30 AM

Happy 30th birthday @matt.suave

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274May 20, 2022 7:31 AM

The blond in r247 is hawt to death!!

by Anonymousreply 275May 20, 2022 7:39 AM

Uhhh no he’s not

by Anonymousreply 276May 20, 2022 8:15 AM

More for me.

by Anonymousreply 277May 20, 2022 9:15 AM

Thanks y’all for no help at all, I had to find it my damn self!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278May 20, 2022 9:47 AM

Andrew

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279May 20, 2022 1:32 PM

Homosexuals and Australians, the kind of men who wear speedos!

by Anonymousreply 280May 20, 2022 2:44 PM

Facts

by Anonymousreply 281May 20, 2022 2:46 PM

Speedo, but with more cloth

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282May 20, 2022 3:17 PM

R279 I would wear speedos if I looked like that in them.

by Anonymousreply 283May 20, 2022 3:48 PM

Speedos r ghey

by Anonymousreply 284May 21, 2022 3:38 AM

R284: And you better believe it GURLfriend!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285May 21, 2022 4:26 AM

^ a better link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286May 21, 2022 4:27 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287May 21, 2022 10:59 AM

^ Aussie Dad is so cool!

by Anonymousreply 288May 21, 2022 11:03 AM

Greens and blues

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289May 21, 2022 11:25 AM

Speedos at Oz polling booth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290May 21, 2022 1:23 PM

Speaking of Australians, I’ve been enamored of the tall, striking, openly Gay water polo player since I discovered him on TikTik by the name of Tom Hissey. He was much more active a year ago, then dropped away for awhile, but is a back but low key now. So sexy, flirty, hunky, fun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291May 21, 2022 1:27 PM

With that surname he'll make a wonderful Eldergay.

by Anonymousreply 292May 21, 2022 1:33 PM

R282, that cut is so much more masculine and less Pervy looking. It could gain acceptance in parts of America.

by Anonymousreply 293May 21, 2022 2:14 PM

R291 Tom isn't a party boy and doesn't have a husband.

by Anonymousreply 294May 21, 2022 10:06 PM

R293: yes, it’s like heading towards the boxer brief direction, though not quite yet. And yes I’d imagine the generally more conservative American male population would find that more acceptable

by Anonymousreply 295May 22, 2022 5:16 AM

Hangin’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296May 22, 2022 6:32 AM

And New York has some of the worst beaches

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297May 22, 2022 6:35 AM

^ What's that fence for? Is that a private beach?

by Anonymousreply 298May 22, 2022 6:50 AM

R298: I’ve no idea. I just kinda knew that that sorry seeming strip of ‘sands’ is near Brooklyn

Maybe some New Yorkers can enlighten?

by Anonymousreply 299May 22, 2022 7:27 AM

Speedo is no longer Australian owned. The styles the company markets to America, rather than Europe and Oceania, are cut much more modestly to cater for the more prudish US sensibility. There was an article about it some time back.

by Anonymousreply 300May 22, 2022 8:25 AM

Sand fences do the exact same thing that snow fences do, which is why it’s the same fencing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301May 22, 2022 9:16 AM

Strength in numbers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302May 22, 2022 9:53 AM

Today's Google Doodle is wearing a speedo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303May 22, 2022 11:42 AM

R303: OMG so cute

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304May 22, 2022 11:53 AM

Not really a hard question, is it? It leaves little to the imagination.

Another option that is also quite revealing is the short square cut trunk. Those also tend to be popular with the gays.

by Anonymousreply 305May 22, 2022 11:58 AM

[quote] It leaves little to the imagination.

Thank God.

by Anonymousreply 306May 22, 2022 12:22 PM

They don't wear Speedos, dummy.

They wear $400-$600 Dolce & Gabbana or Versace or Balenciaga bathing suits that are cut like Speedos. Speedos are too low-end for the gays who wear bathing suits like that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307May 22, 2022 12:47 PM

Gaysian realness

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308May 22, 2022 1:00 PM

R307: I think nowadays ‘Speedo’ is used in the same way like ‘Xerox’ ‘band-aid’ etc

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309May 22, 2022 1:05 PM

You will be asked to leave many American public pools if you wear them

by Anonymousreply 310May 22, 2022 4:48 PM

R310 are you fucking serious? They're swimwear for Chrissakes. Is this retardation USA wide or just a state by state thing?

by Anonymousreply 311May 23, 2022 5:15 AM

R97 Women don't just wear skimpy bikinis because "they can". It takes a lot of effort to look good in a bikini (same for speedos/gays) and thus the investment needs to be worthwhile. The reasons are (same for gays): 1) They want to attract sexual partners. 2) They want to measure up favorably against sexual competitors.

by Anonymousreply 312May 23, 2022 1:03 PM

I find both bikinis and Speedo-cut men's bathing suits to be weird looking, but people aren't wearing what they choose to wear for my sake.

I wear what appeals to me and I am fine with anyone else doing the same.

There are tons of fashion choices that I find weird and unappealing.

I also think it's weird that women have to cover their breasts at the beach. Bikini tops look awkward to me. I went to South Beach one time during college and was initially shocked by seeing boobs and within an hour, I realized what's weird is that women have to wear a strip around their torsos to cover the shame of their nipples...super strange. Do I want to see boobs? Not really. Do I want to see long, saggy, deflated boobs? Not really. But plenty of older men have them, covered in long curly gray hair, even, and no one forces them to wear a tube top.

by Anonymousreply 313May 23, 2022 1:38 PM

Red becomes him

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314May 23, 2022 3:17 PM

OP, It is very simple. I think the Speedo came from Australia, it’s good swimwear. Trim. Simply that. I have 9 pair, mostly solid colors with side panels (some 3" sides, some 4.5") in another color. The key to not look like trying to be a male model is to wear one size larger. Easy comfort, the fabric moves. Men wear them because they look good in Speedos. I do, you should try it. Note, OP, Speedo is a brand, a line, not a name for all briefs. Just about all the photos posted here are not men in Speedos, but are fit -- and some not -- men in all types of tiny briefs.

by Anonymousreply 315May 23, 2022 9:18 PM

OP, it’s not us, it’s you. Your limitation, cliche thinking. Get out of your gay box. Posts here have tried to help you, no matter the bad grammer and poor typing, You keep saying no one answers your question. Your post is beyond consideration.

by Anonymousreply 316May 23, 2022 9:22 PM

Ghey

by Anonymousreply 317May 23, 2022 9:40 PM

I have never worn a Speedo-type bathing suit because I would feel silly in it. But that's a personal complex. Actually, I signed up for a swim team when I was a kid and I dropped out as soon as I saw I'd have to wear a tiny bathing suit that I thought looked like underwear.

Some men with great physiques look good in them but I don't find them arousing at all. I think most *gay* men who wear them tend to be the gym-bunny type or very thin exhibitionists who want a lot of attention and get a thrill out of their junk being visible. Like I said, I don't find the look arousing at all but to each their own.

To me, a Speedo kind of looks like a bra for balls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318May 23, 2022 11:29 PM

No taste and being a loose whore

by Anonymousreply 319May 23, 2022 11:42 PM

Is this too loose?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320May 24, 2022 8:55 AM

Peachy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321May 25, 2022 2:19 AM

I don’t think anyones posted a shot of Max Emerson yet, a man who is never very far away from a Speedo and the perfect form to model it on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322May 25, 2022 3:18 AM

What if their butt 🍑 smells like tuna 🍣 fish 🐟 dough???

by Anonymousreply 323May 25, 2022 3:23 AM

Booty bump

by Anonymousreply 324May 25, 2022 10:35 PM

baby got back @ R321

by Anonymousreply 325May 25, 2022 10:36 PM

R322 I wonder what's the etiquette about speedos displaying the pubic hair?

Are there 70 beach inspectors as shown here now? They would carry a measuring tape in order to measure whether the speedos were obscene or not obscene.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326May 25, 2022 10:58 PM

Malachi Marx on right. Still one of my all time faves rocking a Speedo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327May 26, 2022 12:14 AM

Despite all the protestations on here that Speedos are just practical, for many gay men they seem to be a way to confirm their gayness, to set themselves apart from straight men.

It's the sartorial equivalent of Gay Voice, something we've all seen friends suddenly adopt once they came out. (Yes, there are plenty who are born speaking that way, but many do not and adopt it when they come out as part of a new gay identity.)

As for "why" it seems clear that gay men like showing off their asses and dicks and that a Speedo confirms all those hours spent at the gym.

A great example of all this is that thread from earlier this week about the Two Gay Bears who adopted a little girl and worse matching pink Speedos that matched her one-piece bathing suit.

by Anonymousreply 328May 26, 2022 12:21 AM

Down Under Hunk

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329May 26, 2022 11:52 AM

^^^ This is the sexy, out, water polo, TikTok Australian I mentioned at R291, Tom Hissey. He’s also been in the armed forces and done stunt work in films.

by Anonymousreply 330May 26, 2022 5:50 PM

R330: thanks for the reminder!

I was trying hard to recall why this hunk showed up on my Instagram feed, as I follow so many IG studs/thirst traps based on suggestions from so many different sources Lolz

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331May 27, 2022 3:53 AM

Interesting detail: Speedo with chains

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332May 28, 2022 10:31 AM

Is that so no one at the beach steals his wallet he has stuck up his ass?

by Anonymousreply 333May 28, 2022 11:29 AM

Small and tight

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334May 28, 2022 3:19 PM

Speedoing the way to Mental Health

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335May 28, 2022 3:22 PM

Rouge et blanc

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336May 29, 2022 2:31 AM

D is for dual dating dandy dermatologists

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337May 29, 2022 2:36 AM

R337: that account is private

by Anonymousreply 338May 29, 2022 2:51 AM

R328. Gave them best explanation by far. That is the answer why “the gays” wear the speedos

by Anonymousreply 339May 29, 2022 3:03 AM

[quote] best explanation

It's pointless offering an 'explanation' to the OP. The OP has trolled us with a rhetorical question and silly scenario in order to trollishly provoke us into providing 330 thirsty pictures of 330 thirsty men. Some more so than others.

by Anonymousreply 340May 29, 2022 4:17 AM

Speedos are just panties really….

by Anonymousreply 341May 29, 2022 4:37 AM

I am the op r339. So I guess it’s NOT pointless to give OP (me) an explanation. I have been linking since I started the thread. Finally someone took the time to Answer the question and how they see it. I finally got a satisfying answer. The only “trolls” are the ones that get upset that I asked a question. Also I’ve never worn a Speedo in my life , and the kind of guy that wears a Speedo ( not from abroad) is not my type and none of the guys pics posted did I care about, so.... thanks for the answer r328. All the angry about me asking the question. Umm. Kick 🦵 rocks 🪨

by Anonymousreply 342May 29, 2022 6:44 AM

R340 I don't mind all the pics ;-)

by Anonymousreply 343May 29, 2022 9:19 PM

Same reason some women wear string bikinis, OP.

by Anonymousreply 344May 29, 2022 9:21 PM

Speedos make it possible for exhibitionist professionals to share photos thisclose to being totally naked without any social stigma. People who want to be porn stars but also want to make better life choices.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345May 29, 2022 9:25 PM

OP/R342 I remain unconvinced.

by Anonymousreply 346May 29, 2022 9:27 PM

Unconvinced of what? . I don’t give a fck .

by Anonymousreply 347May 29, 2022 9:32 PM

R342, R347 I'm unconvinced that you know how to spell and use a keyboard.

by Anonymousreply 348May 29, 2022 9:39 PM

I like short gym shorts. I find them much sexier.

As for Speedos: I have quite a few good-looking friends with good bodies and I doubt if any of them would wear speedos.

by Anonymousreply 349May 29, 2022 10:10 PM

R348. Cool. Still dint give a fck

by Anonymousreply 350May 29, 2022 10:22 PM

Here’s on to please *both* sides of the aisle

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351May 30, 2022 11:27 AM

^ Here’s ONE

by Anonymousreply 352May 30, 2022 11:27 AM

R351 The guys on the far left with the pale blue speedos is stunning. Any background on that photo?

by Anonymousreply 353May 30, 2022 4:26 PM

R353: that would be Matt @mattgeddie, he seems like a friendly guy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354May 30, 2022 6:03 PM

Because they can, because they can.

by Anonymousreply 355May 30, 2022 6:09 PM

Evenly distributed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356May 30, 2022 6:09 PM

Matchy matchy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357May 30, 2022 9:37 PM

Pensive Speedo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358May 31, 2022 8:22 AM

Black and white

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359May 31, 2022 9:00 AM

I missed this before R153 - I don't think I've got any photos of my big meat stuffed into a speedo, I honestly haven't had occasion to wear one for quite some time given that I've not been on a beach holiday for the past few years. I am planning to buy a few new ones this year though, perhaps I'll treat you :-D

by Anonymousreply 360May 31, 2022 4:24 PM

I bet Erick A from NY1 wears a Speedo when he’s at the beach. Teehee!

by Anonymousreply 361May 31, 2022 6:13 PM

Speedo in the sun

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362June 1, 2022 12:11 PM

R354 Thanks. He's lovely.

by Anonymousreply 363June 2, 2022 12:12 AM

T-shirt and Speedo: an almost fail-safe combo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364June 3, 2022 11:15 AM

Yellow submarine

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365June 4, 2022 10:30 AM

Marrakesh realness

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366June 4, 2022 11:36 AM

Because they shows all-a you gingerbread an' everyting, ya'know?

by Anonymousreply 367June 4, 2022 11:51 AM

R282 VERY CLASSIC LOOK. GORGEOUS. Is he Italian? Latino?

by Anonymousreply 368June 4, 2022 4:27 PM

Not my thing, but whatever

by Anonymousreply 369June 4, 2022 7:56 PM

R349 Are you one of those queens prancing around in the same fluorescent blue/yellow/pink booty shorts you pranced around in 1995? Goodness they are so tacky.

Nothing like a grown ass Muscle Mary peacocking around a gym in her 55-year old steiroded fake tanned glory in something straight out of the International Male Catalog. Do you wear those tank tops that show your nips and your obliques too?

The West Hollywood Pride Committee called, it wants you to be its "Gay Pride in the 90s" float.

by Anonymousreply 370June 4, 2022 11:11 PM

I preferred the OP shorts.

by Anonymousreply 371June 4, 2022 11:18 PM

You can also wear it at the park

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372June 5, 2022 3:42 PM

Not without getting ugly stares and pointing in most Of America, if not threatened arrest

by Anonymousreply 373June 5, 2022 4:26 PM

Dancers have the best legs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374June 7, 2022 1:05 AM

Nice smile

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375June 7, 2022 9:21 PM

Wear white if you’re confident enough

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376June 7, 2022 9:35 PM

Why do they make some men so uncomfortable, OP?

by Anonymousreply 377June 7, 2022 10:20 PM

[quote] Why do they make some men so uncomfortable, OP?

The OP has already explained his psychological issues and they're really too silly to deal with.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378June 7, 2022 10:31 PM

Todd in 2022

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379June 7, 2022 10:59 PM

[quote] Why do gay men wear speedos?

Because they're easy to doff.

by Anonymousreply 380June 9, 2022 9:17 PM

I cancelled mine and got a refund

by Anonymousreply 381June 9, 2022 10:06 PM

Lyfe on the High Line

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382June 10, 2022 1:18 PM

A bevy of Beauties

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383June 10, 2022 1:28 PM

Twinning

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384June 11, 2022 8:15 PM

Once a DL Fave, but marriage and husband has rather reduced his appeal @taylorjphillips

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385June 11, 2022 9:31 PM

Outdoor/Indoor wear

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386June 12, 2022 8:24 AM

Brazilians also wear them to land-based festivals

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387June 13, 2022 11:39 PM

Tanned

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388June 14, 2022 5:52 AM

Micro-Speedo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389June 14, 2022 7:08 AM

Speedos are only hot on a very good body preferably European or Latino and NO signs of GAY FACE. That’s extremely rare but only time when hot , NO COOKIE 🍪 SMELLS 👃!!!

by Anonymousreply 390June 14, 2022 7:13 AM

R390: does this pass the er ‘Smell Test’?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391June 14, 2022 12:54 PM

Faire attention!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392June 15, 2022 2:14 AM

A true LOL moment

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393June 16, 2022 12:12 AM

Lawn friendly

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394June 16, 2022 8:48 AM

This thread appears to have devolved from answering OP's question to just being posts of sexy men wearing nice tight, skimpy speedos

And that is just fine. OP's question has well and truly been answered already

by Anonymousreply 395June 16, 2022 8:58 AM

A much more masculine and accepted option

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396June 17, 2022 10:45 AM

Gravity defying

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397June 18, 2022 5:06 AM

Lean

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 398June 18, 2022 8:46 AM

Aztec Summer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399June 18, 2022 12:11 PM

I noticed that the Brazilian guys’ dicks always point to the side in speedos. Almost everyone else’s points down. I’ve always wondered what that’s about. Are they semi hard?

by Anonymousreply 400June 18, 2022 1:01 PM

At least One confirmed Top here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401June 19, 2022 9:02 AM

So stereotypical looking

by Anonymousreply 402June 19, 2022 12:30 PM

R400 we Brazilians wear it that way because most of us have big dicks, and it just looks better that way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403June 19, 2022 4:12 PM

Festive in Fire Island!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404June 20, 2022 6:50 AM

R404 Is that Matt Geddie again?

by Anonymousreply 405June 20, 2022 4:34 PM

R404 I like that grey pair in the middle with a white crescent moon on each buttock.

by Anonymousreply 406June 20, 2022 10:39 PM

Not really gay, but it’s DL FAVE Pietro Boselli wearing his own speedo design, Petra, so

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407June 21, 2022 3:30 AM

R405: yes, that’s Matt. I don’t know why there’s an arrow in the pic below

R406: that looks like a very juicy butt, good pick

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408June 21, 2022 3:34 AM

Purely gratuitous

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409June 21, 2022 4:10 AM

R408 He has removed the speedo's modesty gusset in order to display his penis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410June 21, 2022 5:15 AM

I hate faggoty speedos

by Anonymousreply 411June 21, 2022 6:23 AM

R410 Good idea! I wish more guys did that

by Anonymousreply 412June 21, 2022 8:51 AM

Young Springsteen lookalike

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413June 22, 2022 6:39 AM

Barely there

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414June 25, 2022 2:00 AM

A closer and sharper version of r351

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415June 25, 2022 9:03 AM

r415 I want the short thick one the far right, those thighs!

by Anonymousreply 416June 25, 2022 9:27 AM

R416: that would be Emilio @emilioirving, a resident in Emergency Medicine

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 417June 25, 2022 10:14 AM

Happy Pride!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418June 26, 2022 9:06 AM

F417 Those are not speedos, but he is lovely.

by Anonymousreply 419June 26, 2022 3:47 PM

R419: Lolz I was sorta in a hurry to answer r416’s question, so didn’t really have time to search for one of him in speedo

Here’s a short vid of Emilio, Speedo-clad and boogieing, with Dr Balog and newly DL Fave Matt Geddie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420June 28, 2022 7:50 AM

10 years ago?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421June 28, 2022 1:33 PM

So this has basically become a Speedos fetish thread?

by Anonymousreply 422June 28, 2022 1:35 PM

What’s in there?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423June 28, 2022 1:38 PM

For my friends and I, Speedos are a sign that you are dealing with one of "those gays" - guys who are totally wrapped up the scene sand whose whole identity consists of being a homosexual

by Anonymousreply 424June 28, 2022 1:39 PM

Big things come in small wrappings.

by Anonymousreply 425June 28, 2022 4:19 PM

Most men wear speedos. Americans are the uptight ones that equate that to being gay. It only happens in America.

by Anonymousreply 426June 28, 2022 4:24 PM

R426 Like school shootings! So there must be a correlation, American men shoot up schools because they feel insecure in Speedos!

by Anonymousreply 427June 28, 2022 4:40 PM

R421 Rockway and Ridout

R423 English heterosexual. tease

by Anonymousreply 428June 28, 2022 9:53 PM

R428: thank you, I was trying hard to recall Reese Rideout’s name. Always thought he’s hot back in the day

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429June 28, 2022 9:57 PM

Reese Rideout = Gay for Pay.

by Anonymousreply 430June 28, 2022 10:00 PM

Curves

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431June 29, 2022 5:01 AM

^ ?? ^ ??

by Anonymousreply 432June 29, 2022 5:09 AM

R429 You do know that he had a career resurgence and came back and has done bareback porn now don’t you.

by Anonymousreply 433June 29, 2022 5:21 AM

This thread is still going? To show off their cock and ass, fool.

by Anonymousreply 434June 29, 2022 5:25 AM

Oops wrong pic at r431. Here’s the right one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435June 29, 2022 5:34 AM

^ Fair enough

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436June 29, 2022 5:36 AM

R433: yes I’ve heard about his comeback, but have yet to go search out some of these bb clips, which I’m looking forward to

by Anonymousreply 437June 29, 2022 5:36 AM

[quote]So this has basically become a Speedos fetish thread?

Yup R422. And I see NO problem with that at all

by Anonymousreply 438June 29, 2022 7:09 AM

R438: hear hear!

It rather boggles my mind that people would object to seeing pictures of good looking/muscular men wearing Speedo on a *GAY* gossip/celeb/lifestyle site

by Anonymousreply 439June 29, 2022 7:17 AM

[quote]Omg

Dyatlov, right?

by Anonymousreply 440June 29, 2022 7:26 AM

IDK I wish all men would just say no to those things. Nasty.

by Anonymousreply 441June 29, 2022 8:31 AM

What are you saying, R141? Are you saying all men should say no to Speedos and go nude?

by Anonymousreply 442June 29, 2022 9:44 AM

It’s important to keep your chakras aligned and open

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 443June 29, 2022 1:21 PM

[quote]Are you saying all men should say no to Speedos and go nude?

R442 works for me! Lap swimming at my local pool would be even more pleasurable than it is now

by Anonymousreply 444June 29, 2022 10:36 PM

R443 Dat ass is marvelous.

by Anonymousreply 445June 30, 2022 12:08 AM

Stands up on its own

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 446June 30, 2022 9:25 AM

I threw away my speedos when I was 49. Father Time is not kind.

by Anonymousreply 447June 30, 2022 12:03 PM

If a man, gay or straight, has a fit body and wears a speedo it's because he wants to flaunt his sexiness. If a man has an out of shape body and wears a speedo it's because he's a fool who enjoys being made fun of.

by Anonymousreply 448June 30, 2022 12:09 PM

R447 Why, what did he say about you that made you throw out your bathing suit?

by Anonymousreply 449June 30, 2022 12:49 PM

Something about a man in Speedo. I still remember the first time I saw a man naked in the showers. He was wearing a Speedo and took it off in the shower next to me. So gorge. That was 30+ years ago and yet still vivid in my mind

by Anonymousreply 450June 30, 2022 1:00 PM

I am a stupid, fat cunt.

Obviously.

by Anonymousreply 451June 30, 2022 1:41 PM

Because Progress

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452June 30, 2022 2:04 PM

^ sorry something went wrong

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 453June 30, 2022 2:06 PM

Presumably the bf took the pic, so the ‘we’ isn’t the Royal ‘We’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 454July 2, 2022 10:42 AM

Proper speedos are two pieces of fabric stitched together with a modesty gusset @ R410.

This clip shows an 'improper' speedo with five pieces of stitched fabric in oder to enhance the three bulges—

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455July 3, 2022 8:47 AM

^ Steve is so hot!

by Anonymousreply 456July 3, 2022 10:41 AM

Another cute Aussie boy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 457July 3, 2022 12:47 PM

For those complaining about Speedo, things could be worse, much worse

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 458July 4, 2022 12:15 PM

Okay, back to regular programming

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 459July 4, 2022 12:17 PM

For a threads collide moment, here’s one one my favorite Dr. Andrew Neighbors shots.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460July 4, 2022 1:01 PM

R458 No, worse is the manikini.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461July 4, 2022 1:03 PM

DILF.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462July 4, 2022 5:31 PM

How's this, r461?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463July 4, 2022 5:36 PM

As someone with a fetish for underwear, Speedos are hottt

by Anonymousreply 464July 4, 2022 5:46 PM

The sky is blue

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 465July 5, 2022 10:53 AM

Black = Extra sexy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466July 6, 2022 2:30 PM

Versace baby

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467July 8, 2022 3:29 PM

In the states almost all men wear trunks. Very few wear speedos, but yes, the men who do are usually gay.

In Europe it’s the norm to wear speedos.

by Anonymousreply 468July 8, 2022 3:46 PM

Alec

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 469July 9, 2022 12:39 AM

Wasn't there some gay porn star that wore a speedo to a public swimming pool and he was kicked out just because he wore a speedo? An American one, of course.

by Anonymousreply 470July 9, 2022 12:41 AM

Translucent

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 471July 9, 2022 12:59 AM

R470 yes.

by Anonymousreply 472July 9, 2022 1:02 AM

Because they want to and have their gay equivalent of straight guys' 1990s barbed-wired bicep tattoos, I think.

by Anonymousreply 473July 9, 2022 2:50 AM

Why does a straight guy like this wear them, OP? Same answer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 474July 9, 2022 3:06 AM

The draw of water

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 475July 9, 2022 3:06 PM

This video clip may answer your question.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 476July 10, 2022 2:29 AM

^ photographed at Bronte Beach, east Australia.

by Anonymousreply 477July 10, 2022 2:32 AM

My god is it possible in this day and age to have a video without obnoxious music? Seriously, the sound of the water and background noise would be far better than that shit.

by Anonymousreply 478July 10, 2022 3:03 AM

[quote] that shit

The drum sound is meant to stimulate your testicles, the horn to make you horny.

by Anonymousreply 479July 10, 2022 3:20 AM

R476 that rather delicious video doesnt answer any questions.... but I'm glad you posted it all the same!

by Anonymousreply 480July 10, 2022 7:12 AM

R480 The answer is: If you've got it, flaunt it.

by Anonymousreply 481July 10, 2022 7:37 AM

R478 types ancient 🙄

by Anonymousreply 482July 10, 2022 4:05 PM

WURK hard Play hardER

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483July 10, 2022 5:35 PM

R476: gorgeous beefy Aussie hunk - thanks for posting!

by Anonymousreply 484July 10, 2022 5:37 PM

R483 he's scorching hot. Any info on him?

by Anonymousreply 485July 10, 2022 7:41 PM

R485: he really is hot isn’t he. He also stands at 6’3

He is Dr. Connor A. Balog, an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Resident at Bellevue Hospital, NYC

Gay and partnered. His Instagram, unfortunately, is set to Private

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 486July 10, 2022 7:46 PM

Can be worn on a sofa too

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 487July 10, 2022 11:36 PM

^ Seam

by Anonymousreply 488July 11, 2022 12:06 AM

Favorite actor in Speedos is Ryan Idol

by Anonymousreply 489July 11, 2022 9:16 AM

Like chocolate

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 490July 11, 2022 9:25 PM

Peach

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 491July 12, 2022 9:32 PM

Down Under Hotness

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 492July 13, 2022 1:40 AM

FitFat, Gaysian edition

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 493July 13, 2022 1:57 AM

Because they are TACKY

by Anonymousreply 494July 13, 2022 2:15 AM

[quote] Why do gay men wear speedos

They wear them because they are a snare.

A snare in which I'd like to be caught.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 495July 14, 2022 9:28 AM

Only effeminate and exhibitionist gays wear them. Masculine normal bros don’t

by Anonymousreply 496July 14, 2022 11:31 AM

Like you, MARY R496?

by Anonymousreply 497July 14, 2022 1:01 PM

Never

by Anonymousreply 498July 14, 2022 2:33 PM

R496=MARY that doth protest too much. "Bros"--LMFAO!

by Anonymousreply 499July 14, 2022 2:34 PM

Anyone wearing speedos look ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 500July 14, 2022 2:40 PM

Anyone, R500? Not true.

by Anonymousreply 501July 14, 2022 2:48 PM

R501 Well, any male that is.

by Anonymousreply 502July 14, 2022 2:50 PM

I thought gay men were supposed have good taste and style. Then why are most always dressed do stupid?

by Anonymousreply 503July 14, 2022 2:51 PM

Wrong, R502.

by Anonymousreply 504July 14, 2022 2:52 PM

I went out with a guy from a dating app. We went swimming, and to my shock, he stripped down to speedos. No one else was wearing speedos, and everyone Was visibly uncomfortable. It was so embarrassing. I never called him back.

by Anonymousreply 505July 14, 2022 3:10 PM

Cool EST, bro.

by Anonymousreply 506July 14, 2022 3:18 PM

[quote]I went out with a guy from a dating app. We went swimming, and to my shock, he stripped down to speedos. No one else was wearing speedos, and everyone Was visibly uncomfortable. It was so embarrassing. I never called him back.

Wow! You must be a real catch, R505. You date a man who is confident in his own skin and doesn't flow with the crowd, Guess you're still looking for a conformist who wears what you and your friends want. No doubt, you want him never to contradict what you believe or say.

Boy, I hope that guy you never called back knows how lucky he not to be associated with the likes of you!

by Anonymousreply 507July 14, 2022 3:38 PM

[quote]Anyone wearing speedos look ridiculous.

[quote]Only effeminate and exhibitionist gays wear them. Masculine normal bros don’t

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508July 14, 2022 3:46 PM

You realize he’s wearing a speedo ⬆️ as a joke to go viral on social media? He’s not wearing it seriously. The speedo is the joke to him and his friends

by Anonymousreply 509July 14, 2022 4:29 PM

"He's not wearing it SERIOUSLY"

😆😅😂😆😅😂😆😅😂😆😅😂😆😅😂😆😅😂😆😅😂

by Anonymousreply 510July 14, 2022 4:33 PM

R508 "He just looks SO ridiculous" Yes, he does.

by Anonymousreply 511July 14, 2022 4:45 PM

"Only effeminate and exhibitionist gays wear them. Masculine normal bros don’t "

LOL. Exhibitionist gays can be masculine, and it's not uncommon for a masculine, exhibitionist gay to wear them because they clearly show off his work at the gym, his package, and the shape of his ass.

by Anonymousreply 512July 14, 2022 5:34 PM

I remember Greg Louganis. My biggest crush in Speedos at the Olympics at his peak

by Anonymousreply 513July 14, 2022 6:07 PM

^Yes mama

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 514July 14, 2022 8:02 PM

Fallen Idol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 515July 15, 2022 1:56 AM

R508: at first I thought the boy was just some clunky muscle head.

Then I saw him jump into the water. OMG such grace and lightness. Totally didn’t expect that

by Anonymousreply 516July 15, 2022 2:00 AM

R509, they are laughing, but I'm not sure you have the reason quite right. Would they laugh to any speedo in any setting or is it the display of American flag speedo after removing American flag trunks with God Bless the USA blaring in the background that's funny?

by Anonymousreply 517July 15, 2022 4:56 AM

R517, are you American?

by Anonymousreply 518July 15, 2022 5:10 AM

Cloudy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 519July 15, 2022 6:13 AM

Here's a news report with a couple of lifeguards sporting speedos...one who just returned after getting bitten by a shark!

Don't know if they're gay, but I'd hardly describe them as "girlie men."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 520July 15, 2022 2:34 PM

Hi y’a!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 521July 15, 2022 9:44 PM

That bro is hot ⬆️

by Anonymousreply 522July 16, 2022 12:35 PM

I don’t think anyone has posted the aptly named James Heatly, the British diver who unlike the gay one has a family heritage of it as his grandpa was an Olympian.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 523July 16, 2022 1:34 PM

R522: yes Rodrigo @soyrodrigoaburto is a hottie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 524July 16, 2022 11:01 PM

In this together

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 525July 17, 2022 2:44 AM

The Talented Mr Tom Daley

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526July 17, 2022 10:07 AM

R526 We were hoping Mr. Thomas Daley OBE would have worn his Speedo during his investiture last week.

(Video)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 527July 17, 2022 7:03 PM

Gorgeous jawline

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 528July 18, 2022 7:47 AM

Sunny Bunny

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 529July 18, 2022 8:13 AM

Fourth picture is best, OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 530July 19, 2022 1:45 AM

R65 Yes, in France, "Le Slip de Bain" is de de rigueur.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531July 20, 2022 7:47 AM

Sunny

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 532July 20, 2022 11:22 AM

Twinky Top is a Thing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 533July 20, 2022 12:18 PM

Pride shopping.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 534July 20, 2022 1:03 PM

I wonder why male thongs never caught on in the U.S.?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 535July 20, 2022 1:13 PM

^ because jock-straps

by Anonymousreply 536July 20, 2022 9:47 PM

Ingenious ways to wear a Speedo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 537July 22, 2022 5:12 AM

Apparently he doesn’t swim, but with nice legs like that why waste

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538July 22, 2022 5:33 AM

Regular

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 539July 22, 2022 9:45 PM

Micro

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 540July 22, 2022 9:46 PM

Modern Love

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541July 24, 2022 5:33 AM

In junior high, during the swimming season, they used to make us wear white ones that looked like the Speedo in this picture. We'd get a freshly laundered one every day. I don't know if they chose white because of the chlorine in the pool, or because they used bleach when they were washed, or because someone just liked looking at 14-year old boys in white Speedos.. They were medium grey color in high school.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 542July 24, 2022 9:49 AM

R542: the model is gorgeous

by Anonymousreply 543July 24, 2022 9:57 AM

R543 His name is Stefano Tomadini. Link below to one of his model pages.

On Instagram, his page is: stefano_marshall97

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 544July 24, 2022 10:12 AM

The gorgeous @mrmitchwalker from Down Under

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 545July 24, 2022 10:18 AM

R542/544: thanks. Here he is, with a lovely tan

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 546July 24, 2022 10:20 AM

One of the most charismatic gay porn stars of the ‘00s, Spencer Quest [obvs not his real name]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 547July 24, 2022 11:41 AM

Run baby run

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 548July 26, 2022 3:22 AM

Doctor in da haus

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 549July 27, 2022 3:43 AM

加艾尔

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550July 28, 2022 9:35 AM

Is R550 Arab or Chinese?

by Anonymousreply 551July 28, 2022 9:46 AM

R551: it’s written in Simplified Chinese. I think it’s a transliteration of his first name

by Anonymousreply 552July 28, 2022 10:28 AM

Fun in da Sun

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 553July 28, 2022 12:58 PM

Yummy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 554July 30, 2022 11:38 PM

I'm over here in my board shorts, I have no idea either OP as I would never.

by Anonymousreply 555July 30, 2022 11:41 PM

Why not, R555?

by Anonymousreply 556July 31, 2022 10:43 PM

r556 I live in the midwest and speedos aren't really a thing on local beaches here. I don't want to put us into categories but if I must (HA!) I am more the sports loving, beer drinking bro type who happens to be gay.

by Anonymousreply 557July 31, 2022 11:11 PM

^

Is that code for saying you're slightly overweight?

Fair enough, most of us are.

by Anonymousreply 558July 31, 2022 11:13 PM

r558 I actually am fit fat but Speedos just aren't my style, I am not a stereotypical flamboyant gay.

by Anonymousreply 559July 31, 2022 11:21 PM

Oooh, R559, now you sound sexy!

by Anonymousreply 560July 31, 2022 11:22 PM

HA r560. I seem like a straight bro type except I am sexually attracted to men. My friends and family are pretty much cool with it which is great considering I grew up in a smaller town in the midwest.

by Anonymousreply 561July 31, 2022 11:27 PM

A long time ago there was a great website called Hispandex, where a photographer went to the beaches in New York City and took candid pictures of the fine men in their speedos. Mostly Latino and, I think, Russian-Israeli, like this guy. Unfortunately, I only saved about 10 of the pics before the site was shut down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 562August 1, 2022 1:10 AM

Big guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 563August 1, 2022 4:06 PM

Callum

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 564August 7, 2022 10:33 AM

Speedo and sandals

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 565August 7, 2022 1:12 PM

Some Superheroes wear Speedo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 566August 8, 2022 3:58 AM

Gentleman of a certain age

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 567August 9, 2022 12:44 PM

Steamy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 568August 10, 2022 4:22 PM

R568 That print and color combination with his over cooked skin does him no favors, something more contrasting would be a better statement.

by Anonymousreply 569August 10, 2022 6:26 PM

R568 is Maor Luz. Not used to seeing someone I've actually met in one of these threads. (No, sadly.)

by Anonymousreply 570August 10, 2022 8:33 PM

R570: what is he like in person? Friendly? Just as sexy as he looks in pics?

by Anonymousreply 571August 10, 2022 10:16 PM

Art Deco print

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 572August 11, 2022 5:59 PM

Michael from Down Under

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 573August 12, 2022 1:41 PM

A-LONG

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 574August 12, 2022 4:37 PM

Pacific Northwest

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 575August 12, 2022 9:29 PM

How is it that Australians seem the most comfortable and most masculine men in speedos, what’s that about?

by Anonymousreply 576August 12, 2022 9:56 PM

R576 Maybe because (masculine) lifeguards in Australia wear their "budgie smugglers" and when they compete in their lifesaving games, they even roll them up and show their hot butts.

(Although, I've seen lately that some are (sadly) switching to compression swimwear.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 577August 12, 2022 10:23 PM

I sure hope those two fucked at least once, R577

by Anonymousreply 578August 12, 2022 10:26 PM

R577 Yes, that was stopped about a decade ago when females joined up.

by Anonymousreply 579August 12, 2022 11:09 PM

These Aussie lifeguards are wearing slightly different speedo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 580August 13, 2022 12:35 AM

Rolled up

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 581August 13, 2022 12:41 AM

^

That's an old photo.

by Anonymousreply 582August 13, 2022 12:43 AM

R582: yes, unfortunately the more recent ones seem so conservative and covered up…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 583August 13, 2022 2:22 AM

A few traditionalists will be seen wearing one now and again. ;-)

SPOILER: The blond guy in the turquoise Speedo WINS. Cute interview at the end.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 584August 13, 2022 6:16 AM

If you're on Twitter, be sure to follow this guy. Photos every day of mostly British athletes in speedos and showing bare butts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 585August 13, 2022 4:08 PM

R584 Hot seeing those guys at the starting line, lying on their stomachs in the sand, with their butts all lined up in a row, race after race after race.

Did a gay guy think up this game?

by Anonymousreply 586August 13, 2022 7:46 PM

Joel

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 587August 14, 2022 2:39 PM

Paying tribute

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 588August 14, 2022 3:37 PM

Men wear Speedos because they give the best tan lines to frame their ass!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 589August 19, 2022 9:34 PM

After 45 yrs old, I stopped wearing speedos; I was losing my cum gutters& tight, high fat ass. Too many diet Pepsi's(had to stop that shit) Seriously was addicted to soda.

by Anonymousreply 590August 20, 2022 1:40 AM

[quote] had to stop that shit

Yes, it ruins your ass.

by Anonymousreply 591August 20, 2022 3:21 AM

Beauty

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 592August 20, 2022 6:36 AM

Damn son

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 593August 21, 2022 12:49 AM

Men wear Speedos, because they go so well with crop tops!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 594August 21, 2022 9:19 AM

^^^ That’s the only topping Mr. Neighbors is ever bound to do.

by Anonymousreply 595August 21, 2022 9:49 AM

I love this "sunga" cut especially in this colour, from Bang Clothes. It's so genuinely SEXY.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 596August 21, 2022 10:41 AM

I find the boxer style Speedo much sexier than the panty.

by Anonymousreply 597August 21, 2022 11:01 AM

What’s next? A thread on the square cut trunks?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 598August 21, 2022 11:32 AM

A favorite of mine is the cut of aussieBum Handlebar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 599August 21, 2022 9:51 PM

Sheesh! New thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600August 21, 2022 10:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!