Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why did Ashley Judd’s career crash and burn so fast.?

There was so much hype about her in the 90s and then nothing. Double Jeopardy was a damn good movie though.

by Anonymousreply 34January 2, 2024 2:37 PM

I absolutely loved Double Jeopardy.

by Anonymousreply 1April 30, 2022 9:45 PM

Wasn't she Weinsteined?

by Anonymousreply 2April 30, 2022 9:46 PM

Harvey Weinstein

by Anonymousreply 3April 30, 2022 9:47 PM

Because her face resembles an over-ripe, burst tomato.

Because she appeared in that hopeless Cole Porter bio.

by Anonymousreply 4April 30, 2022 9:49 PM

Harvey, plus she was very sick for a few years. I saw an interview with her mom once who said something like "she is much less healthy than she portrays" or something to that effect.

by Anonymousreply 5April 30, 2022 9:50 PM

Double Jeopardy is one of those movies I will always watch when it’s on TV.

Guilty pleasure!

by Anonymousreply 6April 30, 2022 9:52 PM

She got fat. Really fat

by Anonymousreply 7April 30, 2022 9:55 PM

She has looked terrible for years .

by Anonymousreply 8April 30, 2022 9:59 PM

It was all downhill after she snagged that hot racing guy. He was sex on a stick

by Anonymousreply 9April 30, 2022 10:03 PM

R9 Dick pics, please

by Anonymousreply 10April 30, 2022 10:21 PM

MAMA!

by Anonymousreply 11April 30, 2022 10:22 PM

by Anonymousreply 12May 1, 2022 3:36 AM

She also got, I’m sorry to say., insufferably sanctimonious. She became known more for politicking than for her work and no matter how right she may have been, I think it turned people off her. She was always being judgy about something, she was also very politically aggressive, almost running for US Senate at one point. If that’s her public persona you can imagine how touchy it may have been to hire or work with her. And that’s bullshit about Weinstein hurting her. He came onto other actresses and they still work. Ashley Judd was just hard to like after her initial rise to fame.

by Anonymousreply 13May 1, 2022 3:42 AM

Sanctimonious priss pot who thought using big words made her intelligent. Plus she got ugly quick .

by Anonymousreply 14May 1, 2022 3:45 AM

When was she ever fat?

by Anonymousreply 15May 1, 2022 3:46 AM

OP apparently missed the whole MeToo thing.

by Anonymousreply 16May 1, 2022 6:21 AM

My favorite part of Double Jeopardy is when she is sneaking in the party and asks some cunt who designed her dress and the cunt cuntily is like I'll never tell. Stupid cunt.

by Anonymousreply 17May 1, 2022 6:37 AM

I also enjoyed her in Where the Heart Is even though just about every character in that movie is mentally retarded it is a sweet dumb movie.

by Anonymousreply 18May 1, 2022 6:39 AM

She came up in a difficult time for her type. She was always gonna get the scarps of what Julia or Sandra turned down. And then she refused to suck fat man dick so it did her in despite a famous last name.

by Anonymousreply 19May 1, 2022 6:44 AM

She didn't suck Harvey Weinstein's disgusting diseased prick that's why. You know this.

by Anonymousreply 20May 1, 2022 6:45 AM

Because she can't really act?

Even her southern accent sounds fake, and she was raised in the fucking south.

The closest she got to acting was in Eye of the Beholder, and Ewan MacGregor carried most of that film.

by Anonymousreply 21May 1, 2022 7:00 AM

She was also great in Ruby in Paradise (1993) (probably her peak performance) and Bug (2006).

She made smart career choices for awhile. Mixing paycheck movies with interesting indie fare. After "Bug", it was all downhill.

by Anonymousreply 22September 23, 2022 8:42 AM

She was in a mental institution for a while.

by Anonymousreply 23September 23, 2022 8:49 AM

She was in some hit movies long after, but the quality of the projects took a dive and the movie star it-girl buzz was over.

by Anonymousreply 24September 23, 2022 8:56 AM

She still made quite a few films after the Weinstein incident.

by Anonymousreply 25January 1, 2024 8:46 PM

She was badly injured while visiting a remote place in Africa, wasn’t she?

by Anonymousreply 26January 1, 2024 8:57 PM

IMO, she was awful in Double Jeopardy. I was not impressed with her acting.

Physically, I think she is beautiful.

For decades, she has been stuck in the middle of the drama between her mother, Naomi, and her sister, Wynonna. (Naomi recently died by suicide after years of saying she wanted to commit suicide.) Wynonna: married to a child molestor (now divorced).

by Anonymousreply 27January 1, 2024 10:17 PM

She had her moment as a young beautiful southern belle type, but she was never a good enough actress to move past that and seemed rather grim & humorless as a person. Granted, I'm sure the Harvey thing didn't help, but even without that problem, she was always going to have a limited shelf life.

by Anonymousreply 28January 1, 2024 10:36 PM

Eye of the Beholder is a bad ripoff of Marnie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29January 1, 2024 11:54 PM

How does she feel about her sister supporting Trump?

by Anonymousreply 30January 2, 2024 1:27 AM

R30 I remember an interview with her in which she said something like “if it weren’t for our drastically different political views, we’d be even closer.”

by Anonymousreply 31January 2, 2024 1:41 PM

Major depressive disorder will do a number on one’s career

by Anonymousreply 32January 2, 2024 1:46 PM

Her face of plastic.

by Anonymousreply 33January 2, 2024 2:31 PM

Poor choices are part of the equation.

She turned down The Good Wife, which was a seven-year hit for CBS.

It may have gotten even higher ratings with her as the star.

by Anonymousreply 34January 2, 2024 2:37 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!