Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Fraternity Row

My favorite show when I lived in Llanview!

Were you a fan?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6August 22, 2022 7:05 PM

Had Katherine Glass left the show by then?

by Anonymousreply 1April 29, 2022 9:06 PM

That OLTL memory lane week was amazing. Centered around Megan’s death in a pre YouTube era fans got to relive the best of the best! Plus it ended with one of soaps most tragic effective deaths. Thank god they never brought back Megan back to life!

by Anonymousreply 2April 30, 2022 2:35 PM

Any chance the show will get a reboot? If so what could it be about? Sad news of JVD death.

by Anonymousreply 3May 6, 2022 7:41 PM

To the poster who says the Malone era is terrible ... I'm crying uncle. I finally agree.

1994 is all about Todd's ascendancy. While I like Howarth fine (when he's not mugging) so many other storylines are suffering. The only respite I get is Dorian luring poor Joey into her bed (looking forward to Queen Victoria's meltdown!) I'm also not minding the creepy Tina/David flirtation. David knows he's not her brother, but Tina doesn't.

I also appreciate seeing RJ's intro. I've always liked him. Tim J. Stickney is a wonderful, charismatic actor. I know that race played a role in him always being sidelined. Since soaps are romance-centric (and black actors are usually only paired with other black actors) RJ was really never going to become the kind of character he could have been. Shame, especially since Todd Manning was allowed to flourish. TJS was easily one of the better male actors during this period.

I have enjoyed watching Kassie DePaiva "become" Blair. She's not Mia Korf. Swapping in a hot-tempered, southern blonde for an icy, calculating Eurasian wouldn't be allowed today, but I've loved watching the character's evolution regardless. Never the best technical actor, I still like KDP's vibe. For some reason, her Blair has always been able to tug at my heartstrings, even when she's dead wrong. I hate what the show did to Blair in later years. Being attached to Todd was both a blessing and a curse.

James DePaiva's Max has no nuance, no spirit, no inflection shift. He's constantly yelling, yet his expression does not change. He believes a change in volume is all he needs to convey a feeling. Max Holden's flirty face is the same as his angry face. He was botox before the drug existed.

I can objectively see that he's good-looking, yet every time a female character I like got involved with him, I was always flummoxed. Max seems like he'd make for a good, long weekend, but not much else. Watching Gabrielle, Blair, and Skye get strung out over him always left me scratching my head. But what's an old dyke like me know?

by Anonymousreply 4August 22, 2022 6:38 PM

ADR, I love your writing style, you give good 'voice.'

by Anonymousreply 5August 22, 2022 6:58 PM

Aw, shucks, BNSD. Smooches, doll!

by Anonymousreply 6August 22, 2022 7:05 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!