Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anyone watching the Paramount + Series, The Offer?

Whew, it's bad. And a completely fucked up timeline. I had high hopes, but this ain't it.

by Anonymousreply 12June 23, 2022 4:05 PM

I was looking forward to this - I actually rate Miles Teller highly as an actor - but the supporting cast and the man he replaced made me suspicious that the script wasn’t that good.

by Anonymousreply 1April 28, 2022 6:36 PM

I was really happy when I saw Michael Tolkin's name attached as a writer. He dropped out of sight for a long while, but did some great work in the 90s, including The Player and The Rapture. And then when I saw that Dexter Fletcher was directing, my expectations came crashing to the ground. However, the directing is definitely not the problem. It's very poorly written.

by Anonymousreply 2April 28, 2022 7:11 PM

It's trashy, but I like it. Miles is really hot in this.

by Anonymousreply 3April 30, 2022 6:59 PM

I am seriously digging the woman who plays Al Ruddy's girlfriend in this. She is only a moderately good actress, but she has charisma to burn. I don't know what it is about her, but she's a total star.

by Anonymousreply 4April 30, 2022 7:07 PM

I watched all three episodes (so far) last night. I found it compelling enough that I didn't pay attention to much else on my computer until I'd binged all three eps, and found myself disappointed I couldn't click to the fourth.

I'd not seen Miles Teller in anything before, and was surprised how much I enjoyed his performance as Al Ruddy. I was completely convinced. I liked all the women. The most enjoyable performance was Matthew Goode's, as Bob Evans. I've always loved looking at Matthew as he acts—lust appears in my heart and in my hard—but this, this was such a great performance. Whatever awards this movie/tv show qualifies for, I hope he's at least nominated for best actor.

I can't wait until Thursday for the next episode.

by Anonymousreply 5May 1, 2022 3:18 PM

Did anyone finish The Offer? The middling response to the first episode put me off but I did like the poster with Miles Teller in tight 1970s trousers.

by Anonymousreply 6May 18, 2022 4:37 PM

I watched the last episode last night. I thought the series was terrific. I hardly put it down to look at something else on the internet. But I'm a huge fan of both The Godfather (1 & 2) and Matthew Goode. I hope Matthew gets the Best Actor Emmy in the fall.

by Anonymousreply 7June 17, 2022 9:33 AM

So far, I've only watched Drag Race and Evil on Paramount+.

Their app interface is a nightmare. The volume levels are crazily imbalanced and unequalized, and every time an episode of Evil ends, the app puts me into the middle of THE STAND (which isn't on my watch list and which I don't want to watch!) and the volume is about three times as high and it literally hurts my ears. It's nuts. I don't have volume issues like this with any other streaming network or app except YouTube (which I understand since YouTube hosts videos produced by different people that balance sound differently), and only Hulu rivals Paramount+ for frustrating episode-to-episode navigation.

I hate it. I'll cancel after RPDR All Stars is over. I can't believe a big company like Paramount would have such a crappy app.

by Anonymousreply 8June 17, 2022 11:12 AM

I dropped Paramount Plus yesterday, just before my next charge kicked in. I started the subscription at the height of the pandemic because I had run out of things to watch, and if I was going to watch the Dick Wolf shows, I didn't want to watch commercials. The Offer was the only bit of original programming I enjoyed, save one episode of The Good Fight in which Julian Morris was the guest of the week.

The Offer is over now, and so is my subscription to Paramount Plus. I still watch Hulu, PBS Passport, HBO Max, and I just subscribed to AMC+ to watch Ben Whishaw in This Is Going to Hurt.

by Anonymousreply 9June 18, 2022 12:50 PM

I am on the second episode. It’s so cheesy. All the little visual asides to the Godfather are cringe inducing. The direction is a disaster, but that’s what happens when you hire a hack like Dexter Fletcher. Whose fucking idea was it to hire him?!

Miles Teller and the cast act their little hearts out and to no avail.

by Anonymousreply 10June 18, 2022 1:49 PM

Lots of missed opportunities. No Diane Keaton, no John Cazale no mentioning that Francoise ran off to join that crazy cult in Oregon.

by Anonymousreply 11June 23, 2022 3:53 PM

It just didn't work for me. They got good shows on that app tho. RuPaul obviously, but they have Ghosts and The Neighborhood. All I've been watching is that channel and HBOMAX WITH some YouTube

by Anonymousreply 12June 23, 2022 4:05 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!