Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Harry Styles: "I'm More Progressive Than You Fags Because I'm Sexually Ambiguous!"

How brave of him!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431August 29, 2022 11:37 PM

I wish he would stop with this bullshit. If you are a gay icon as you promote yourself, then why aren't living your life openly?

"Am I sprinkling in nuggets of sexual ambiguity to try and be more interesting? No… I just think sexuality's something that's fun. Honestly? I can't say I've given it any more thought than that."

Yep. He's straight.

by Anonymousreply 1April 27, 2022 12:16 AM

He dresses like some grandma from Long Island vacationing in Miami Beach. Does he realize that?

by Anonymousreply 2April 27, 2022 12:18 AM

He looks like he doesn’t bathe

by Anonymousreply 3April 27, 2022 12:29 AM

is OP Matt Damon?

by Anonymousreply 4April 27, 2022 12:31 AM

His fangirls love to defend him too. They'll get all bothered when something tries to ask or say anything about HS being gay or straight. They always say "he doesn't want to label his sexuality, don't label him" which to me seems very homophobic. What is wrong with HS being gay or bisexual or straight? I don't understand how he can be propped as an LGBT icon if he isn't open about his sexual orientation. Many female gay icons are straight women. Being straight hasn't stopped anyone from being an ally to gay rights.

I noticed it's mostly "queer" women who defend HS. I don't know any other gay man who is falling for his bullshit nowadays. He had gay support early on when his ambiguity came across as attempts at inching out. But now that he is dating some Hollywood actress and becoming more and more unattractive and smelly-looking, he seems to be losing any of his gay audience. Unlike Nick Jonas or Shawn Mendes, he is not sexually appealing enough for horny gays to support him. His twink days are over and he's not transitioning into a mature look well

by Anonymousreply 5April 27, 2022 12:35 AM

He's a gay man trying desperately to hang on to female fans with this ambiguous shit. He knows that the minute he announces he is gay or bi or fluid, his young female fan base will cancel him so fast his dress will spin! This is nothing new. Next.

by Anonymousreply 6April 27, 2022 12:40 AM

R6 I can see it this way. Either he's straight and faking his "queer" persona because of the Larry shippers and "queer"-indentified female fans who want a Disney-fied version of LGBT. Or he's gay and trying to maintain an illusion to seem both "queer" and obtainable to his fangirls. Either way, I can't see how this does not drive him insane even with all the money. Once he does come out, everyone will lose interest in him because his music won't hold up and his fangirls who claim to be "accepting" will ditch him. I think he dug himself into a deep hole because of he marketed himself. If he was just like Shawn Mendes, a gay dude bearding and clumsily denying his sexual orientation just to come out later, it could help his career. But because he chose to be this "queer, pan, fluid, two-spirit, non-binary" figure, being closeted and coming out will make him look like a major hypocrite and phony. I don't know what he was thinking.

by Anonymousreply 7April 27, 2022 12:44 AM

Was he photographed while at Bellevue?

by Anonymousreply 8April 27, 2022 12:49 AM

So Gay....So many ugly tattoos....But I like him. He is like the next generations Elton John..But his song writing abilities are overrated--i get it---you would walk thru fire for me---You Adore Me--you repeat it 30 times in one song. What else ya got? Not exactly "range"....Just imagine what you could do if you wrote a song OVER 3 minutes and with longer verses!!....Watermelon Sugar was the same.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9April 27, 2022 12:56 AM

Slut!

by Anonymousreply 10April 27, 2022 1:01 AM

[quote]Am I sprinkling in notes of sexual ambiguity to try and be more interesting? No…I just think that sexuality’s something that’s fun. Honestly? I can’t say I can’t say I’ve given it anymore thought than that.

Jeff Azoff does the thinking for him. This has always been part of building his brand.

by Anonymousreply 11April 27, 2022 1:09 AM

Is he riffing the Kurt Cobain vintage kooky look?

by Anonymousreply 12April 27, 2022 1:09 AM

Let him do what he wants - he seems like a nice guy

by Anonymousreply 13April 27, 2022 1:10 AM

His big toe poking through the hole in his sock in OP’s pic, looks dirty and infected.

by Anonymousreply 14April 27, 2022 1:14 AM

Very cute

by Anonymousreply 15April 27, 2022 1:21 AM

It's funny how he is the only one you ever hear about from One Direction.

Zayn Malik was the only one that was ever interesting to me.

Y'all can have Dirty Harry!

by Anonymousreply 16April 27, 2022 1:26 AM

His hairline is receding quick like it's running away in fright. What's it scared of I wonder? The tattoos? His obviously being a cocktease who will never put out? Is his hairline ashamed?

by Anonymousreply 17April 27, 2022 1:30 AM

Harry Styles. 2050

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18April 27, 2022 1:32 AM

R14 = Yeah. Those socks are dirty and gross.

by Anonymousreply 19April 27, 2022 1:34 AM

So he is terrified of people knowing that he sometimes likes to suck dick? How progressive and open.

Anyway, for now he remains a tiresome gaybaiter who loves using queer culture while refusing to embrace a queer identity.

by Anonymousreply 20April 27, 2022 1:35 AM

R17 Humor / wit really isn't your thing.

He's cute, but I do want to see him with a dick in his mouth.

by Anonymousreply 21April 27, 2022 1:38 AM

Hideous tattoos. Criminal dress sense.

by Anonymousreply 22April 27, 2022 1:40 AM

He is adorable from the neck up. I wonder if he has regrets about the tattoos? They are really bad. No Offense.

by Anonymousreply 23April 27, 2022 1:40 AM

He will at least be able to say he was gay all along in 2030 when not one person cares.

by Anonymousreply 24April 27, 2022 1:41 AM

Had it not been for social media and smart management, based on talent alone Harry would now be spending his work days asking, “do you want to supersize that?”

by Anonymousreply 25April 27, 2022 1:44 AM

Harry's a straight man in media, and his managers are fucking geniuses. The way he talks about "his sexuality" is the same way someone who isn't a gay or even a bisexual man would approach or discuss it. It's gay bait for straight women, and if you can't see it I'm sorry for you. Every woman 20-40 that I know is obsessed with him, as if they were in a cult. His music is bland, his "aesthetics" are atrocious and intentionally unrefined. His only hit song is about eating pussy. A real reflection of a modern gay entertainer is Lil Nas X. Guys my age, gay and straight, listen to his music. His first hit song (post coming out) has a lyric about getting semen shot in his mouth while riding a dick. Gays especially love how bold he is in media, and straight men respect him because at the end of the day, he's the only cool male rockstar that we have these days.

by Anonymousreply 26April 27, 2022 2:11 AM

He has ugly eyes, hence the sunglasses, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 27April 27, 2022 4:14 AM

Look at how he usually dresses, when he's out and about and it's not like presents in magazines and or stage. He's a baiter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28April 27, 2022 5:04 AM

You know what else is progressive? Insurance. You know what else works hard? Washing machines.

by Anonymousreply 29April 27, 2022 5:25 AM

Harry Styles and Ezra Miller are enough to give you the drizzling shits.

by Anonymousreply 30April 27, 2022 5:30 AM

He's progressive enough to like that kind of action.

by Anonymousreply 31April 27, 2022 5:34 AM

R26 “and straight men respect him because at the end of the day, he's the only cool male rockstar that we have these days.”

You are so off. No one respects Harry Sykes for being a rockstar, he’s not a rockstar, he’s a pop singer who makes music for girls and markets himself towards the alphabet soup and theater kids.

The new rockstars are rappers and have been for most of this century. Cool kids and straight men are not listening to Harry Styles lol.

by Anonymousreply 32April 27, 2022 5:39 AM

And Harry is all gay bait. There’s nothing gay about him. It’s all marketing tactic to market to the alphabet soup.

Women have always loved feminine male singers. He’s not the first straight male singer to wear high heels and dresses and be swooned by women. And David Bowie and Prince all left their sexuality open and etc. He’s playing old tactics to a new generation except he’s not as talented as anyone I’ve mentioned.

I like his style but his music sucks. It’s just Ed Sheeran pop. His music is proof pop music has nowhere to go today it’s so stale.

by Anonymousreply 33April 27, 2022 5:48 AM

Stupid pig. Ugly as sin.

by Anonymousreply 34April 27, 2022 5:54 AM

Sexy

by Anonymousreply 35April 27, 2022 11:21 AM

Fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 36April 27, 2022 11:27 AM

[quote]And Harry is all gay bait. There’s nothing gay about him. It’s all marketing tactic to market to the alphabet soup.

Exactly.

I hate Twitter but love the fact that people are ripping him to shreds in the quote RTs about this article.

His PR thinks it's slick. They've set it up so he can get ambiguous points but you also can't criticize him for not speaking about his sexuality, even though he won't shut up about it.

It is not more progressive to keep your sexuality to yourself, a thing which you say is your business, but also you want to talk about.

by Anonymousreply 37April 27, 2022 4:16 PM

R37 Bingo! He made a whole persona about being "queer", flying rainbow flags, had songs that implied bisexuality, took photos eating bananas suggestively, etc. He is pandering to the alphabet soup. Of course people want to know what his sexual orientation truly is. I'm sick of "queer" being used so widely that anyone is now a sexual minority. Wearing colorful clothes and makeup, crossdressing, dying your hair, nose piercing is not "queer." I'm the same age as HS and he damn well knows that "queer" means gay. He wants to have his cake and eat it too. You can't push yourself as ambiguously gay, trans, poly, non-binary, a femboi, etc and then say "I don't want to be labeled." He can go jump off a cliff with this.

by Anonymousreply 38April 27, 2022 4:33 PM

God is this shit tiresome. Didn’t James Franco used to be like HS with all the gay baiting nonsense?

by Anonymousreply 39April 27, 2022 4:40 PM

James Franco actually serviced the gays with borderline nudity and homoeroticism in his "art films" plus Franco was hot as hell.

by Anonymousreply 40April 27, 2022 4:45 PM

Not even remotely sexy to me, sorry.

by Anonymousreply 41April 27, 2022 4:48 PM

Only straight people have the luxury of thinking labels are unimportant.

by Anonymousreply 42April 27, 2022 4:50 PM

He looks like a young eldergay

by Anonymousreply 43April 27, 2022 5:10 PM

The cover of BH&G? Really?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44April 27, 2022 5:10 PM

it is what it is

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45April 27, 2022 5:15 PM

DLers really are out of touch. Harry acts like most Gen Zs from urban areas at least. They are ambiguous about their sexuality and they are the most LGBT generation in history. DLers hate that the majority of Gen Zs call themselves bisexual too.

Believe it or not, it is uncool to be straight today and that's why you see people coming out as queer. I personally think he is at least bisexual. Same for Billie Eilish who has been accused of the same gaybaiting.

by Anonymousreply 46April 27, 2022 5:21 PM

"Harry Styles: "I'm More Progressive Than You Fags Because I'm Sexually Ambiguous!"

Where did he say that?

by Anonymousreply 47April 27, 2022 5:21 PM

Speaking in the manner that he does ("you fags") isn't "progressive" at all. It's fucking offensive and derogatory.

by Anonymousreply 48April 27, 2022 5:26 PM

[quote] Anyway, for now he remains a tiresome gaybaiter who loves using queer culture while refusing to embrace a queer identity.

??? If he did identify as "queer" the gurls of Datalounge would be apoplectic that he didn't merely label himself "gay." "Queer" is a dirty word around here.

by Anonymousreply 49April 27, 2022 5:28 PM

R47 He didn't say it at all - this OP is obsessed

by Anonymousreply 50April 27, 2022 5:28 PM

He's queerbaiting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51April 27, 2022 5:30 PM

[quote] DLers really are out of touch. Harry acts like most Gen Zs from urban areas at least. They are ambiguous about their sexuality and they are the most LGBT generation in history. DLers hate that the majority of Gen Zs call themselves bisexual too.

I live in a college town. Most don't and most are straight like most people have been throughout history. You're thinking of the middle-class to upper-class college kids (mostly female and white) who have no real problems and hop on these social media bandwagons to fit in. Most Gen Z guys are still a bit homophobic and most aren't calling themselves "bi" or "queer" for diversity points. Most certainly aren't attracted to the non-binary, fat-poz and trans stuff that is being forced onto. In fact there is a rise of male reactionary conservatism and terms "super straight" or "super gay." There are bisexual guys but I find most of the open ones are just high sex-drive whores and definitely are scared of commitment and most Gen Z girls are not lining up date them even if they are pretty.

by Anonymousreply 52April 27, 2022 5:31 PM

He is nothing but a cheap straight boy with tacky tattoos.

by Anonymousreply 53April 27, 2022 5:33 PM

R46 URBAN areas?

You mean suburban areas.

The alphabet soup is predominantly middle class white female Gen Z and millennials.

Any of the purple haired alphabet soup black or Latinos or even Asians I’ve seen look like they hang out with white people and are from the burbs.

I know kids in city high schools, the whole pronoun thing is just school etiquette and they still don’t know what the hell is going on. Most aren’t privileged enough to have these “queer” issues.

by Anonymousreply 54April 27, 2022 6:06 PM

He's not hot enough for me to care.

by Anonymousreply 55April 27, 2022 6:40 PM

homo. sexual.

by Anonymousreply 56April 27, 2022 6:50 PM

All of the dresses and other gender-bending outfits he wears are just PR and a gimmick to get him press and keep him famous. In his private life he dresses in sweats and jeans like every other average slob.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57April 27, 2022 7:18 PM

I don't find him attractive at all. He looks like what would have happened if Mick Jagger had a son who was special needs.

by Anonymousreply 58April 27, 2022 7:20 PM

[quote]DLers really are out of touch. Harry acts like most Gen Zs from urban areas at least. They are ambiguous about their sexuality and they are the most LGBT generation in history. DLers hate that the majority of Gen Zs call themselves bisexual too.

Harry Styles is a British 28 year old millionaire. He is not the same as these people you are citing that probably aren't as numerous (as those of us here who deal with kids keep saying) as you think.

[quote]Believe it or not, it is uncool to be straight today and that's why you see people coming out as queer.

The point is there's backlash growing about gaybaiting, blackfishing and all of those other things that people keep playing with in order to hide who they are.

Because the thing is, this isn't from confusion about who they are, as it would be with any normal person who is "exploring."

This is because they want your money and they know the way to make money is to be anything but themselves by appealing to more than one group. (Especially marginalized groups who will vehemently support anyone that is part of their community.)

[quote]I personally think he is at least bisexual. Same for Billie Eilish who has been accused of the same gaybaiting.

Billie Eyelash is 20 years old and titled an instagram post last year, "I like girls." Then she never commented on it. That is not in the same class as what Harry Styles is doing. Just stop that nonsense right now.

You can't continually say you don't want to discuss your sexuality while constantly discussing how you don't want to discuss your sexuality. Especially, in a time period where we're dealing with "Don't Say Gay" bills and other such horrors, where people are still being killed because of who they are, where marriages are being dissolved, if you can't be arsed to say you're "bisexual" knowing the damn article will point out that you're dating a much older woman a sentence later ... then shut up entirely.

But he won't. He'll keep hinting and teasing because it gets him paid. Then one day, when it suits him, he'll stop pandering and pretend it never happened.

by Anonymousreply 59April 27, 2022 7:22 PM

I don't see much career longevity for Styles. I think that once he hits his thirties and he's too old for a teenage fanbase his popularity will really start to decline.

by Anonymousreply 60April 27, 2022 7:26 PM

r60 A lot of his fans are middle aged (at best) fraus

by Anonymousreply 61April 27, 2022 7:27 PM

r61 they'll move on to the next very young pop star

by Anonymousreply 62April 27, 2022 7:35 PM

r62 True. In fact doesn't even need to be a pop star - Timothee Chalamet is doing it for them right now

by Anonymousreply 63April 27, 2022 7:37 PM

R63 = Timothee Chalamet’s PR person who had trouble typing that without rolling her eyes.

by Anonymousreply 64April 27, 2022 7:42 PM

[quote] You are so off. No one respects Harry Sykes for being a rockstar, he’s not a rockstar, he’s a pop singer who makes music for girls and markets himself towards the alphabet soup and theater kids.

I thought that part referred to Lil Nas X?

by Anonymousreply 65April 27, 2022 7:42 PM

Styles looks like a dirty, smelly opioid addict who hasn't bathed in weeks but I guess that's a thing with some people.

by Anonymousreply 66April 27, 2022 7:46 PM

[quote]Timothee Chalamet’s PR person who had trouble typing that without rolling her eyes.

John Mulaney did a bit how his (now) ex-wife was into Timothy Chalemet. (At 1:36)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67April 27, 2022 7:48 PM

r5 fanfic girls... they had decades of fantasizing about him in gay relationships with his band mates... and don't want the fantasy to end.

There were several One Erection BL mangas, too. . . not unlike what you may be more familiar with happening to various kpop bands.

They slashed him frequently with Niall... but vicious fights would break out over who they thought was the top and who was the bottom. . . sometimes spilling into the real world because of it.

go out and research the highly distrubed world of the fujoshi

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68April 27, 2022 7:51 PM

Harry is not a rock star, he had potential with Sign of The Times (he aimed for some Bowie tribute) to grow more into that field but went the pop route and is now about the spectacle and stunts (a la Madonna, Katy and Britney). Queeny Shawn Mendes isfr more of a rock star as he can sing (not the best but he can carry a tune), write (again, pedestrian lyrics but believable they are his) and play an instrument (not just hold a guitar as a prop).

by Anonymousreply 69April 27, 2022 7:52 PM

r64 You think I'm making that up? A whole lot of the Larries switched over to Chalamet/Hammer when that film came out

by Anonymousreply 70April 27, 2022 7:53 PM

As if, the ex-Mrs. Mulaney is their spokesperson R67.

Try harder

by Anonymousreply 71April 27, 2022 7:53 PM

Not engaging you R70.

You’re entitled to your opinion.

by Anonymousreply 72April 27, 2022 7:54 PM

So brave to go on and on about how you don't like labels when you publicly date women and only women

by Anonymousreply 73April 27, 2022 7:55 PM

Timothee would be brought up here. Where's the Joshua Bassett troll?

by Anonymousreply 74April 27, 2022 7:57 PM

At the end of the day he still goes home to his girlfriend

by Anonymousreply 75April 27, 2022 8:24 PM

I worked the entire duration at Coachella and saw most of the acts, twice. His sets weren’t all that great but he did seem to make all the young ladies wet.

by Anonymousreply 76April 27, 2022 8:47 PM

I’m a Larry shipper; a Larry believer, if you will.

by Anonymousreply 77April 27, 2022 8:52 PM

R77 I am a Zarry shipper because maybe he likes dry cock?

by Anonymousreply 78April 27, 2022 8:58 PM

what r59 said. Thank you for your clarity.

by Anonymousreply 79April 27, 2022 9:29 PM

Queerbaiting is good for BUSINE$$.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80April 28, 2022 9:01 AM

R69 fair enough but Madonna spent years (1994-til about 2008) without really pulling any big gimmicks or stunts and even had a rather conservative image too those years

Once she divorced Guy it was all over....

by Anonymousreply 81April 28, 2022 9:13 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82April 28, 2022 9:24 AM

This schtick was already old and tiresome when Robbie Williams was doing it 20 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 83April 28, 2022 9:25 AM

no one said Harry was a rockstar; that poster was referring to Lil Was X

by Anonymousreply 84April 28, 2022 9:41 AM

[quote] Every woman 20-40 that I know is obsessed with Styles, as if they were in a cult. His music is bland, his "aesthetics" are atrocious and intentionally unrefined. His only hit song is about eating pussy. A real reflection of a modern gay entertainer is Lil Naas X.

Nah. I’m a 30 year old Brit woman, and can’t abide Styles or his music. There’s something so soulless, desperate and cringey about him that is offputting. 1D as a group did nothing for me either, though my little sister liked them when she was in her tweens.

Agree with these posts tbh:

[quote] It’s just Ed Sheeran pop. His music is proof pop music has nowhere to go today it’s so stale.

[quote] The new rockstars are rappers and have been for most of this century. Cool kids and straight men are not listening to Harry.

[quote] It's funny how he is the only one you ever hear about from One Direction. Zayn Malik was the only one that was ever interesting to me.

Zayn’s solo vocal does appeal to me musically, however. Taking his personal life and work ethic aside, I think his singing is angelic and hypnotic, unbelievably gorgeous. His music is interesting and unique, too, for the way it blends moody and sexy 21st Century western R&B stylings with something more spiritual and classically Arabic/Indian. On record, Zayn has a real personality and voice, something Styles utterly lacks.

The Zayn album MIND OF MINE (2016) holds up so well btw. I was bumping the tracks ‘Lucozade’ and ‘BeFour’ last night.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85April 28, 2022 10:02 AM

And I’d like to point out again, it still IS cool to be straight.

This is the Gen Z someone was talking about. These are the supposed cool kids of Gen Z.

They’re not. Cool Gen Z kids copy Kylie Jenner and listen to trap.

They don’t have purple hair and listen to Harry Styles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86April 28, 2022 11:11 AM

He is very plain, his music is uninteresting, and he has to resort to this nonsense to appear edgy. His look suggests early Dame Edna Everage.

by Anonymousreply 87April 28, 2022 11:18 AM

R50 "He didn't say it at all - this OP is obsessed"

I know, just wanted to point out what an idiot OP is :)

by Anonymousreply 88April 28, 2022 11:24 AM

[quote] Madonna spent years (1994-til about 2008) without really pulling any big gimmicks or stunts and even had a rather conservative image too those years

To be fair, she was pulling a gimmick. Her "Ray of Light" era allowed her to "re-discover" her spirituality. So, yes she had a conservative image at that time because that was part of the package she was selling. She also didn't have to pull any "huge" stunts at that time since she had done it for years. Madonna was a "bad girl" gone "good" which was also a stunt.

by Anonymousreply 89April 28, 2022 3:33 PM

He's so fake to me.

by Anonymousreply 90April 28, 2022 3:42 PM

40 will be a rude awakening for Harry Styles.

by Anonymousreply 91April 28, 2022 3:44 PM

The difference between Madonna and Harry Styles is that Madonna laid it all out there in respect to sexuality. She was in your face about it whether you liked it or not.

That and the fact that she was massively talented.

by Anonymousreply 92April 28, 2022 3:49 PM

Could be a bi scum

by Anonymousreply 93April 28, 2022 3:51 PM

He reminds me of Beyonce. Not just being the breakout star of the pop group thing and insane stans. But also the the fact they both make overproduced music, are heavy on the spectacles and music video. Heavily, heavily, heavily promoted and marketed. Forced down the public's throats. Has the media writing constant appraisals and even think-pieces about how progressive, amazing and innovative they are. Yet the actual product is nothing special. And when they give interviews, they barely can put coherent sentences together just goofily smiling and nodding their heads.

by Anonymousreply 94April 28, 2022 4:01 PM

True r94. Enormous amounts of hype. And their interviews and other public exposure are very tightly controlled because they're both dumb AF and sound barely literate.

by Anonymousreply 95April 28, 2022 4:02 PM

R90 you're right but Madonna, generally, had the music to back it up, she's actually the most critically acclaimed female artist in music history, not just pop female but in general, I don't think she's ever had a universally critically bashed album, with her latest stunts, the music gets lost in a lot of her nonsense

Even Madame X got really good critic reviews

by Anonymousreply 96April 28, 2022 4:07 PM

You're right about a lot of things R94 but I'd point out that Beyonce has sold 120 million records and has put in much more time than Harry has. He can't even touch her. And other than hiding her original flavor mean girl vibes, she's just Beyonce.

She never had to co-opt another group's struggles to get attention.

Then again she did drop an album with ZERO promotion and it still hit #1.

Harry, absolutely can't pull that.

by Anonymousreply 97April 28, 2022 4:11 PM

Madonna had a good ear for hits. While her recent music is not listenable to me at all (I guess it's subjective), all of her albums from the 80s, 90s and early 2000s were perfect pop. Janet and Kylie couldn't even maintain that consistency even though I'm fans of them too. Whitney, Mariah, Rihanna, Beyonce, Britney are singles artists. They had maybe one or two good albums that are listenable front and back. Madonna is an annoying tired bitch but she had some really solid albums I can listen to front-and-back.

by Anonymousreply 98April 28, 2022 4:12 PM

True r98. Madonna's albums were listenable all the way through. The album tracks were just as good as the singles, and some of the album tracks were better than the singles. IMHO the best track on her debut album was Physical Attraction, which never got a single release.

by Anonymousreply 99April 28, 2022 4:32 PM

FYI, Physical Attraction was released as a double-sided 12" single with Burning Up, and Physical Attraction charted on the Billboard Dance Chart in 1983.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100April 28, 2022 4:49 PM

Harry’s album that had Sign o’ the Times was terrible crap rock. I expected more when I heard that song because it was so melodic and displayed his singing range and had a softness and vulnerability to it. I listened to the other songs considering buying the album and was taken aback by how generic it sounded and how different it was compared to his standout hit. It was as if he had a different producer make the rest of the album and I didn’t get it. Two very different musical styles.

Watermelon Sugar is very forgettable and crappy off of his newer album.

I’m shocked that he’s as popular as he is with this kind of generic rock. If more of his music sounded like Sign o’ the Times showing his range, I’d be more impressed.

by Anonymousreply 101April 28, 2022 4:53 PM

Watermelon Sugar...a title only Gen-Z could love.

by Anonymousreply 102April 28, 2022 4:54 PM

r100 but it wasn't a proper single targeted to the Hot 100

by Anonymousreply 103April 28, 2022 5:02 PM

R103, the Hot 100 is all shit music.

by Anonymousreply 104April 28, 2022 5:41 PM

r104 a proper single release is for the Hot 100

by Anonymousreply 105April 28, 2022 5:43 PM

The Dance Music chart is so much more exciting. Madonna has more hits there than on the Pop Charts.

Madonna is the Queen of Dance.

by Anonymousreply 106April 28, 2022 5:50 PM

Tiresome

by Anonymousreply 107April 28, 2022 5:52 PM

Madonna is irritating but she earned her legacy. Michael Jackson, Madonna, Mariah Carey, Pet Shop Boys, George Michael, Whitney Houston, Kylie Minogue, Janet Jackson and Prince are pop royalty.

That said. I enjoy a lot of indie pop music. There's great synth and electronic dance stuff out there. But it's not mainstream.

by Anonymousreply 108April 28, 2022 6:54 PM

[quote]40 will be a rude awakening for Harry Styles.

He's British, so make that 30

by Anonymousreply 109April 28, 2022 6:58 PM

He has no chemistry with women

by Anonymousreply 110April 29, 2022 2:44 AM

I think a lot of relationships are PR. He probably has his real girlfriends or boyfriends privately. Straight celebs love attention, so do the PR relationship stuff as well.

by Anonymousreply 111April 29, 2022 2:49 AM

huh...finding him more and more less sexy bc of his boring behavior. Fwiw I'm female. He has a Mick Jagger face with a Ken doll sexual appeal.

by Anonymousreply 112April 29, 2022 2:50 AM

He's right. Why are some people obsessed with labelling? If he doesn't wish to be in a category, so be it. Let it be. This debating people's orientation is exhausting and pointless.

by Anonymousreply 113April 29, 2022 2:53 AM

He doesn't show his true personality anymore. It did deem DL queens were into his jailbait 1D twink era when he seemed elvish and cheeky and Louis rumors were rife. I can believe he's bisexual but he may prefer women for actual relationships while occasionally getting some dick. His whole comment about labels is the opposite of what a closeted gay would say. Closeted gays obsessively state they are straight like Miss Mendes or Tammy Cruise who sues newspaper. Straight adjacent bisexuals are about that "no label" thing since they can get het privilege too.

by Anonymousreply 114April 29, 2022 2:55 AM

[quote]Closeted gays obsessively state they are straight like Miss Mendes or Tammy Cruise who sues newspaper.

Keanu Reeves and Jake Gyllenhaal have both pulled the, "I've never been with a guy, but you never know" *wink* comments in the past. Actors will say whatever they need to say in order to sell a project whether they are genuinely gay or straight.

Musicians on the other hand, usually are open about being bisexual or to having had same sex experiences. David Bowie, Iggy Pop, Billie Joe Armstrong, Gavin Rossdale, Jason Mraz, Michael Urie (who admitted it), etc. It's seen differently.

Tom Cruise and Mendes are complete messes even outside of the "sexuality" discourse.

by Anonymousreply 115April 29, 2022 3:32 AM

I find Harry Styles to be quite tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 116April 29, 2022 3:35 AM

she's just another greedy user.

by Anonymousreply 117April 29, 2022 5:08 AM

Labels can be helpful and efficient.

For example, it was easier for me to tell my parents "I'm gay" rather than say "I am only attracted to people with penises and never want to interact with a vagina."

Or I could not say anything and let them keep setting me up with their colleagues' daughters. Just because, you know, I'm too progressive to label myself as any one thing.

by Anonymousreply 118April 29, 2022 6:29 AM

He needs a shower.

by Anonymousreply 119April 29, 2022 7:12 AM

Grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 120April 29, 2022 7:34 AM

Without social media, a lot of these pop stars would not exist with their low-energy performances and lack of musical talent. They are famous for their personalities rather than bringing in something new. Their sycophantic fans are irritating.

by Anonymousreply 121April 29, 2022 7:44 AM

True r121. They never would've been able to cut it in the pre-social media world. It's all hype and PR with so many of them. And then you have the inability to sing live.

by Anonymousreply 122April 29, 2022 1:38 PM

We need a total overhaul of the music industry. Some dipshit lip synching to a pre-recorded track with choreographed backup dancers behind them is beyond tired. It's been going on for years and years now and nothing new has broken through.

by Anonymousreply 123April 29, 2022 1:40 PM

Styles got overexposed and blew his wad too soon.

by Anonymousreply 124April 29, 2022 2:04 PM

It’s actually quite useful he exists in pop culture, if only as a litmus test.

If I discover that someone new in my life is a fan of his, or thinks he and his music are anything but anodyne cynically-manufactured rubbish, then I know instantly to drop the person from my social circle.

by Anonymousreply 125April 29, 2022 2:09 PM

He’s making me tired with this bullshit. I want to be on his side, but it’s difficult.

Part of his story is that he “used to be” ashamed. I’m pretty sure that he still is - and using defensive language to hide that, along with his real identity.

I know it’s not as simple as gay vs. straight. But he labels those who want to know more as “dated” - yet he says labels are dead?

by Anonymousreply 126April 29, 2022 2:34 PM

He reminds me of Lady Gaga. Has to wear weird clothes because the real personality is just lackluster.

by Anonymousreply 127April 29, 2022 7:35 PM

Assuming he has one

by Anonymousreply 128April 29, 2022 7:38 PM

I have no problem with people not stating their sexuality or talking about their private life at all. But I have a problem with people talking all the time about their sexuality and making it a major thing in their public image, but not wanting to talk about it. It seems like he wants to have all the brownie points with Gen Z for not being straight, but then chickens out whenever someone takes him up on the constant "sprinkling" of what is considered queer culture in his carefully crafted public image.

It's not progressive, it's baiting - either queer baiting or straight baiting, who knows. I can imagine he tried out dick, but seems he's only in relationships with women. Maybe he's one of those guys that might take anything when high (men, women, random objects), but who are straight when sober. But in any case him playing with this so much in his image, but then acting all coy comes across as insincere.

But I guess it fits, his whole style and such comes across as insincere as well. I can't believe he actually thinks this stuff looks good on him. He's physically just so different from Prince or Bowie, the whole androgynous "quirky" stuff looks off on him. His interviews are also increasingly uninteresting. At first I thought he's guarding his privacy so much, that he says the same boring stuff over and over again in interviews, but now I think he's just a more or less empty shell. Maybe spending his formative years in a boy band has done its damage and he never developed a proper adult personality.

His music has gone down the drain too. As others have said Sign of the Times was a really good song, still one of his best. And his first album had quite some potential, I think, I was curious if he would grow into this kind of sound. But alas he turned to generic, forgettable pop. It's not like people in 15 years will say "Do you remember Adore You? Or As It Was? What amazing all time hits!" No, it's just radio fodder for now, because people like having this stuff playing in the background while they're cleaning their car.

by Anonymousreply 129April 30, 2022 1:52 PM

his second album was far better than his first one

by Anonymousreply 130April 30, 2022 3:30 PM

Harry is nothing but a straight attention whore. He isn't gay, he just loves attention.

by Anonymousreply 131April 30, 2022 8:48 PM

Maybe he doesn't like talking about his sexuality because he was shamed for it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132May 1, 2022 8:59 AM

Isn't he that guy from that boy band? I can't remember their name. (In Sync? Take That?)

by Anonymousreply 133May 1, 2022 1:38 PM

R132 lol I doubt celebdirtylaundry has any tea. Also Taylor apparently has a thing for British dick, I can't imagine her getting weirded out by foreskin. Not that we know anything about the state of his dick.

by Anonymousreply 134May 3, 2022 12:48 AM

The whole interview is so fundamentally dishonest. "Honestly, I haven't given it any more thought than that." Utter bullshit, geared to those stupid enough to believe it.

Obviously gay. Hence all the obfuscation.

by Anonymousreply 135May 3, 2022 1:07 AM

He looks like he would have the dirtiest taint and hole ever.

by Anonymousreply 136May 3, 2022 1:08 AM

[quote]It's gay bait for straight women, and if you can't see it I'm sorry for you.

Please explain to me (anyone) why straight women would be less attracted to him if he was just ...straight. Why does one need to gay bait in order to attract straight women?

by Anonymousreply 137May 3, 2022 1:10 AM

It’s based on the romanticized delusion that the only reason they don’t stand a chance with Harry, is because he’s gay R137.

by Anonymousreply 138May 3, 2022 2:55 AM

He’s so lame

by Anonymousreply 139May 3, 2022 3:02 AM

I have no idea what his sexuality is, but he looks like shit. In recent pictures, he has lines in his forehead that no 28-year-old should have.

by Anonymousreply 140May 3, 2022 5:36 AM

R137 What R138 said. But also a lot of gen z women find the idea of Harry Styles being LGBT really hot.

I think one factor is that it's kind of "fashionable" to be not quite straight among them - it's considered more interesting, fun and exciting than being boringly straight like everyone else (including plenty of other young, handsome celebrity men like Shawn Mendes or Justin Bieber. So sexual ambiguity is something that sets him apart). I imagine this does a lot for social acceptance and representation of LGBT people, on the other hand it borders on a weird fetishisation I don't relish at all.

Speaking of fetishisation a lot of women also find man-on-man-action quite hot, which is evidenced by the millions of little stories these young girls pen about all kinds of stars, boy bands or fictional characters.

So while I don't have the one, big explanation why exactly young, mostly straight women seem to be more attracted to a male celebrity that might be at least bi, I can only say that it's not even a new development and there have been sexual ambiguous heartthrobs and the aforementioned fantasies about them in nearly every generation.

by Anonymousreply 141May 3, 2022 7:51 AM

He's obviously a fag.

by Anonymousreply 142May 3, 2022 8:13 AM

Poor, traumatised OP, more than twice Harry Styles' age yet so desperate to be a victim that he has to shove words like 'fags' into Styles' mouth even though it's very unlikely that that is language he would use.

Much of this is probably about marketing himself to his teenage girl fanbase, but who cares, he's not interesting enough for anyone else to bother about and won't be around as a pop star much longer. Don't hate on him for still being in his 20s ;)

by Anonymousreply 143May 3, 2022 8:27 AM

Harry Styles is our generation's Bob Dylan.

by Anonymousreply 144May 3, 2022 2:52 PM

R141 Is it like here at 15:28 - 17:05 where she prefers to fantasize about two men rather than participating herself? That's what I do sometimes too like when I saw that Sci fi horror movie with Jake and Ryan Reynolds. I wished they were lovers in the movie *drool*...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145May 3, 2022 5:01 PM

[quote]Speaking of fetishisation a lot of women also find man-on-man-action quite hot, which is evidenced by the millions of little stories these young girls pen about all kinds of stars, boy bands or fictional characters...I can only say that it's not even a new development and there have been sexual ambiguous heartthrobs and the aforementioned fantasies about them in nearly every generation.

I think straight girls thinking man-on-man action is hot is a fairly recent development. Do you have examples of it from nearly every generation?

by Anonymousreply 146May 4, 2022 12:27 AM

Not who you asked, but it's widely thought of to have started in the 70s, with Kirk/Spock fanfiction.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147May 4, 2022 12:31 AM

Yaoi is a genre of fictional media originating in Japan that features homoerotic relationships between male characters. It is typically created by women for women.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148May 4, 2022 12:42 AM

Neither of those things go back a lot of generations.

by Anonymousreply 149May 4, 2022 12:57 AM

It is similar to queerbaiting for straight men.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150May 4, 2022 12:59 AM

Not "fairly recent" either

by Anonymousreply 151May 4, 2022 12:59 AM

Says it should be about not labelling everything, coming from the generation that has labels for everything.

by Anonymousreply 152May 4, 2022 1:02 AM

The only gays I know that obsess over him are fems like Adam Rippon. I thought he was cute around 2017ish with clean-cut short hair and the Beatles ripoff outfits. Now he looks smelly with unkempt hair and the forced flamboyancy like the see-through shirts and dresses are not sexy. His tattoos are also ugly. He looks like he'd be more comfortable in wife beaters, jeans and sneakers. You can tell this "queer" stuff is not him.

by Anonymousreply 153May 4, 2022 1:14 AM

R150 Queerbaiting for straight men does not go back very far - because I remember being surprised by it when it started to be a thing, in the late 80s, or 90s. I was in a fraternity in college with a lot of straight horn dogs, in the late 70s, and if two chicks making out had been a big thing, then, I would have been hearing about it all the time.

by Anonymousreply 154May 4, 2022 1:19 AM

[quote]He looks like he'd be more comfortable in wife beaters, jeans and sneakers. You can tell this "queer" stuff is not him.

In his private life he dresses like a slob, lots of sweatpants etc. The gender-bending outfits are just for show and to get him attention.

by Anonymousreply 155May 4, 2022 2:18 AM

R154 Pretty sure also not all rock stars or hippies during the 70s androgyny phase were actually bi/gay, but it was thought to be provocative and forward to be sexually open to everyone, because free love. Of course this was probably limited to certain subcultures, but they influence our impression of the 70s nowadays.

Harry Styles heavily tries to reference the 70s because he wants to create this "star image" AND to pander to generation z, so I feel that explains a lot about his brand.

by Anonymousreply 156May 4, 2022 4:49 AM

[quote]The gender-bending outfits are just for show and to get him attention

And every time he's dressed up it looks like the clothes are wearing him.

Ultimately the problem is he doesn't seem to have much personality of his own. He just wants fame and attention. So when it came time for his team to put together an image for him, they had nothing from him to work with - well, aside from a hilarious 1D marketing presentation that described him as 'the slow one'.

But as a result of this it's like they built his image based on what his fangirls wanted. And they built up this image he's some kind of intellectual aesthete. So they dress him up, and drastically limit his interviews and social media posts, as nothing would shatter that 'intellectual' part of it than letting him talk beyond the few phrases they've drilled into him.

by Anonymousreply 157May 4, 2022 12:15 PM

Gender bending is so fucking boring.

by Anonymousreply 158May 4, 2022 12:24 PM

Lol a very Morrissey thing to say

by Anonymousreply 159May 4, 2022 12:39 PM

Give it a few years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160May 4, 2022 12:43 PM

R157 Maybe! He seemed quite witty and charismatic in 1D and had a good rapport with the audience. But it seems he dialed back more and more during his solo career. Not sure if he lost that interesting, youthful spark and his charisma and became dull by now or if he just tries so hard to create his image that he hides everything that might actually be interesting in favour of his brand.

by Anonymousreply 161May 5, 2022 2:29 AM

So he looks like Conchita Wurst but can't sing like xir?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162May 5, 2022 8:38 AM

His singing is generic and soulless

by Anonymousreply 163May 5, 2022 3:16 PM

He is much more of a performer than artist. The colorful clothes, the boas, the pearls, the parading of the pride flag when an audience member throws one to him.

All flash and little substance.

by Anonymousreply 164May 5, 2022 3:28 PM

Harry Styles is our generation's Stevie Wonder.

by Anonymousreply 165May 5, 2022 3:33 PM

I think he’s gay but doesn’t want to alienate the female fans who have a crush on him and let them still have hope.

by Anonymousreply 166May 5, 2022 3:35 PM

Nothing could be further from the truth R165.

by Anonymousreply 167May 5, 2022 3:40 PM

CORRECTION:

Harry Styles will have a more enduring impact on pop music than Stevie Wonder.

by Anonymousreply 168May 5, 2022 4:05 PM

r165 He may dress like a blind man but the similarity ends there

by Anonymousreply 169May 5, 2022 4:56 PM

Harry is our generation's Jim Morrison. The hotel room overdose is coming any minute now. And he'll become a legend afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 170May 5, 2022 5:44 PM

[quote]Harry is our generation’s Jim Morrison

FF and blocked for perpetuity R170

by Anonymousreply 171May 5, 2022 5:53 PM

Jim Morrison was a huge and creative talent, r170. Harry Styles is anything but.

by Anonymousreply 172May 5, 2022 6:27 PM

R172 And if the rumors are to be believed. Jim Morrison experimented with dudes.

by Anonymousreply 173May 5, 2022 6:55 PM

Graduate of a boy band, singing bland pop: THE NEXT JIM MORRISON!

by Anonymousreply 174May 5, 2022 9:47 PM

He's the next Robbie Williams

by Anonymousreply 175May 6, 2022 1:41 PM

^

One was enough, surely?

by Anonymousreply 176May 6, 2022 2:02 PM

He's the next Tiny Tim!

by Anonymousreply 177May 7, 2022 12:45 AM

[QUOTE] His only hit song is about eating pussy

His current single As It Was has surpassed Watermelon Sugar: 4 weeks at number 1 on the Hot 100, 1 on Pop Radio, 1 on Global Spotify every day since its release, 5 weeks at number 1 in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 178May 7, 2022 5:22 AM

Other celebrities have been able to pull off the androgynous look without looking like a clown.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179May 8, 2022 1:17 AM

I see a Vegas residency in his future.

by Anonymousreply 180May 8, 2022 1:23 AM

R179. Leto is still fucking boy ass…at your age, go girl!

by Anonymousreply 181May 10, 2022 5:35 AM

Billie Joe Armstrong, Gerard Way and Brandon Flowers are prettier than Harry and pull off makeup and flashy fem clothes better.

by Anonymousreply 182May 10, 2022 9:14 AM

I used to love Harry. I was a big fan. Then I grew up & he became increasingly irritating. Don’t want to state your sexuality, fine. Your choice. But don’t prance around on stage waving rainbow flags. Don’t appropriate gay culture. Don’t wear T-shirts with queer slogans. Even the androgynous dressing is a little nod & wink cos no straight men wear bloody skirts.

He 100% gay baits & it’s supremely irritating.

Either be out & proud or if you are not comfortable with that, be private about it. I have friends who are both and that’s cool. What’s not cool is some kinda ambiguous middle ground.

by Anonymousreply 183May 10, 2022 10:01 AM

For some reason his face always reminds me of Rex Harrison whom I found supremely unattractive.

Something very English about it.

Or Regina Harrison as the case may be.

by Anonymousreply 184May 11, 2022 9:17 AM

R183 Agreed. I thought was interesting early on during his first album and hoped he was on our team. He looked really good around that time too. But once Fine Line hit, he went all out on the "queer" nonsense and pandering. Saying a lot but saying nothing at all. His music went more bubblegum pop too with autotune and simple childish lyrics.

That new "As It Was" is beyond generic and actually sounds like his One Direction music.

by Anonymousreply 185May 11, 2022 1:07 PM

This song called HIM that he wrote about Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris is better than anything on the leaked album. You can hear all the raw edges of his voice. It's a HQ copy that leaked at the same time as Harry's House.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186May 11, 2022 9:04 PM

He was a member of a manufactured boyband. He has nothing original to say.

by Anonymousreply 187May 11, 2022 9:10 PM

He ruined himself with all that stupid tats so women can have him.

by Anonymousreply 188May 11, 2022 9:12 PM

He's a product by committee. He has no organic creativity.

by Anonymousreply 189May 11, 2022 9:14 PM

FIVE WEEKS AT NUMBER ONE ON THE HOT 100 BITCHES

SIX WEEKS AT THE TOP OF THE OFFICIAL TOP 40 IN THE UK

NUMBER ONE IN FRANCE, GERMANY, CANADA, NEW ZEALAND, AUSTRALIA, MEXICO, PORTUGAL, SWEDEN, SWITZERLAND AND THE LIST GOES ON

FASTEST SONG TO 400M STREAMS IN HISTORY

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190May 11, 2022 9:16 PM

'iN THIS WORLD, IT'S JUST US

YOU KNOW IT'S NOT THE SAME AS IT WAS'

LOCKDOWN ANTHEM HOES

by Anonymousreply 191May 11, 2022 9:18 PM

Teenage girls, r190, and an awful lot in non-western countries where Harry seems "unique" and "sensitive". Click on the profiles of those leaving breathless comments about this alleged "masterpiece" and you'll get the idea who his fans are.

His music and his look are shit and that "live" video (heavily autotuned) only proves how weak his voice is.

by Anonymousreply 192May 12, 2022 6:41 AM

When I've seen him perform at the Grammys etc he strikes me as trying to seem spontaneous and smooth while seeming choreographed and fake. He tries to conjure up a rock feel but it comes off poser-ish, like he'll never grow out of the pop boyband stuff.

by Anonymousreply 193May 12, 2022 7:08 AM

R186 Does he sing about how he wishes he were just as big?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194May 12, 2022 8:46 AM

Harry presents himself as a sexually ambiguous persona who is recreating the sounds of the 60's and 70's.

Since there is a huge obsession with gender, sexuality and nostalgia these days or works for him and it sells.

Yungblud does the same thing. In spite of it, I honestly think that they are both genuinely gay and bearding. Harry with Olivia and Dominic with Cher's goddaughter.

by Anonymousreply 195May 12, 2022 9:13 AM

He sounds like that nut job Hilaria Baldwin who just released a " no labels " p s a.

by Anonymousreply 196May 12, 2022 9:37 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197May 12, 2022 12:52 PM

Anyone who doesn’t think Harry Styles isn’t talented or riding some teen pop wave isn’t paying attention. I’m 58 years old and I love his music. And no I’m not the least bit attracted to him. One of the things I like about him his respect for older artists. The way he’s honored Stevie Nicks and Shania Twain on stage is beyond cool. His performance with Shania at Coachella was so fun and you could tell she loved and most importantly he stepped back and let her have her moment. This guy isn’t going anywhere and I think he’s just going to continue to grow as an artist.

by Anonymousreply 198May 12, 2022 1:01 PM

He'd have to become an artist first

by Anonymousreply 199May 12, 2022 2:31 PM

[quote] Jim Morrison was a huge and creative talent

R172 is a real Doors Fan, man...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200May 12, 2022 2:36 PM

[quote]Anyone who doesn’t think Harry Styles isn’t talented or riding some teen pop wave isn’t paying attention.

We are and he is.

by Anonymousreply 201May 12, 2022 2:48 PM

R198 is going through a late midlife crisis.

[quote]One of the things I like about him his respect for older artists. The way he’s honored Stevie Nicks and Shania Twain on stage is beyond cool.

That's Harry's attempt to insert himself into the tradition. It's really nothing amazing for his management to come up with that.

by Anonymousreply 202May 12, 2022 3:00 PM

No 202 if I was going thru a midlife crisis I’d be you unable to do anything other than sit behind your phone in your sad rental apartment that you share with 2 roommates and drain the joy out of any moment. Take the dildo out of your ass and maybe go outside and get some fresh air and say hi to some people rather than your virtual friends on whatever fake life you’ve created online.

by Anonymousreply 203May 12, 2022 7:01 PM

R203 = typical creepy old gay man who stans fugly Harry Styles .

by Anonymousreply 204May 13, 2022 7:09 AM

He looks like his vagina stinks!

by Anonymousreply 205May 13, 2022 7:31 AM

[quote] Harry Styles: 'I'm Sexually Ambiguous!'

I'm undecided. I'm a hopeless ditherer. I'm a hermaphrodyte. I'm a quisling. I'm neither fish nor fowl.

by Anonymousreply 206May 13, 2022 7:35 AM

Harry is extra-special.

He's better than us.

by Anonymousreply 207May 13, 2022 2:02 PM

[QUOTE] Teenage girls, [R190], and an awful lot in non-western countries where Harry seems "unique" and "sensitive

Check out the gross racist bitching about 'non western countries.' Yet another Klan cunt. DL is infested with them.

His fans are aged 18-40 with many older. His biggest markets are US, UK, Canada, Australia, Europe.

by Anonymousreply 208May 13, 2022 6:04 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209May 13, 2022 6:05 PM

[QUOTE] Jim Morrison was a huge and creative talent

Just another dead junkie at the end of the day, like the other DL faves Prince and MJ.

by Anonymousreply 210May 13, 2022 6:07 PM

[QUOTE] I'm a hermaphrodyte.

Oh, dear!

Learn to spell, Mary.

by Anonymousreply 211May 13, 2022 6:09 PM

I think everything Styles does is calculated to generate buzz because he is only minimally talented. Someday soon the fans will figure that out. He has enough money to retire and do other things but he won't So let him wear dresses and pearls. Whatever. No one takes his music seriously.

by Anonymousreply 212May 14, 2022 3:42 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213May 15, 2022 12:08 AM

Why that doesn't sound like PR bullshit at all

by Anonymousreply 214May 15, 2022 1:38 AM

It's excellent PR,. Nobody is denying that, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 215May 15, 2022 1:53 AM

Is Harry Styles 40 yet?

by Anonymousreply 216May 15, 2022 2:25 AM

Miss Styles: So brave, not to be brave in the least.

by Anonymousreply 217May 15, 2022 2:28 AM

R193 Interesting that you say this, because I felt the same. His "smooth" dance moves come across as awkward and like he tries to do something on stage that doesn't come naturally - like basically everything in his solo career. Of course a lot of singers move a little awkward on stage, but then I saw some of the old boy band stuff and he actually moved a lot more natural back then. Maybe because they were just a boy band jumping around on stage and now he is concerned with his image as a solo artists with all eyes on him. Maybe the fame affected him at last and made him "quirky" (but not in a good way). Maybe it's the drugs. Who knows.... But out of all the boys of One Direction I think he really had the little something that could have turned him into an interesting adult musician instead of another well selling, but ultimately boring, bloodless pop artist.

by Anonymousreply 218May 19, 2022 1:07 AM

R186 Not interested enough in him to listen to the leaked album before it's out, but his vocals at the end of the song are really better than anything I've heard of the new album so far (and most of his last album). Maybe he ruined his vocal cords at some point and that's why he specialised in boring falsetto radio music now. Not sure he even CAN sing this bridge these days, at least regularly on tour and such.

by Anonymousreply 219May 19, 2022 1:12 AM

He's no better than Mendes - they both need to go away.

by Anonymousreply 220May 19, 2022 1:59 AM

R213 The article says he's tipped for a Supporting nom, not Best Actor.

by Anonymousreply 221May 19, 2022 2:24 AM

I wonder when the over the top PR will backfire. He was actually really decent in Dunkirk, so there might be some talent here. Makes me more excited about his film career at this point than his music career. However he was also fairly bad in that Eternals end credit scene, so maybe Dunkirk was a fluke we have to thank Christopher Nolan's direction for.

In any case, even if he turns out to be a good actor (or at least not worse than most other young actors these days), I doubt he'll get an Oscar nomination soon. But by spreading this it feels like his PR sets him up to "fail". Any decent performance from someone crossing over into acting would probably be lauded. But with this people will eventually say "wasn't he supposed to be Oscar worthy?".

by Anonymousreply 222May 19, 2022 2:40 AM

He’s walking a very small tightrope. At some point soon, before he’s 30, folks will tire of the nuance and will latch on to the next bright thing.

So, he’ll likely come out as Pan, and milk it for five years until he finds a beard who is actually young enough to carry a child to term, they’ll “have a baby” and the miserable fuck will finally come out as gay in his 40s.

by Anonymousreply 223May 19, 2022 2:51 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if something like that happens r223. I don't see Styles having longevity, he will be replaced by another sexually ambiguous pop star in the next few years. He's already aging pretty fast.

by Anonymousreply 224May 19, 2022 2:53 AM

Styles is straight and learned very well from his boyband days that gay guys see what they want and have money to spend.

by Anonymousreply 225May 19, 2022 3:04 AM

He is fugly. I have never understood the attraction. Somebody get them a bar of soap. I bet he smells. Probably doesn’t clean his ass right either. Blah the straights can have him.

by Anonymousreply 226May 19, 2022 3:11 AM

R223 I can see him being replaced by the next bright, sexually ambiguous thing. It's the danger of trying to become the bright thing right now. Might even come out as pan or something. But I doubt he is or will come out as gay, he'll probably settle down with a young(er) woman at some point in his 30s/40s, have a bunch of children with her in his English countryside manor or whatever rich Brits do and live a very average, straight, rich people life.

by Anonymousreply 227May 19, 2022 3:14 AM

He obviously doesn't bathe. I heard he paints his nails to conceal fungal infections. I once saw a photo of him and the skin on his fingertips were tinged orange which is the sign of someone with poor hygiene who has a fungal infection.

by Anonymousreply 228May 19, 2022 3:28 AM

R225 Taylor swift begs to differ. She did beard for him years ago.

by Anonymousreply 229May 19, 2022 3:40 AM

Fuck off shithead at r208. Harry has lots of of fervent online teenage fans in non-western countries, especially girls, because he represents for them a romanticised ideal of a unique, sensitive, artistic, caring man, exoticised by the fact of his westerness. That's exactly who a lot of the comments at r190's link are, which is what I was talking about.

by Anonymousreply 230May 19, 2022 6:23 AM

Here is KGT's twitter account.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231May 19, 2022 6:28 AM

[quote]Harry has lots of of fervent online teenage fans in non-western countries, especially girls, because he represents for them a romanticised ideal of a unique, sensitive, artistic, caring man, exoticised by the fact of his westerness.

They love him in Japan, just like they loved Martin Clunes!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232May 19, 2022 6:30 AM

And here's her other twitter account. She seems to have a deep seated hatred for Louis Tomlinson for some unknown reason.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233May 19, 2022 6:32 AM

R233 I think it is because all one direction fans wanted Louis because he looks better obviously but Louis got some random chick pregnant and all his fangirls died inside because of that and so they turned that into hatred towards him which hasn't stopped even today. After that, they went onto the next best thing that was in one direction (after the other two who have out of wedlock bastards too), which was Styles. Someone on here once said that "Harry looks too young to drink but too old to drive" and this is what zoomers probably think is hot nowadays...? It could also be that his implied queer-/gayness means that he won't get another random chick pregnant and his fans won't have to live through the same trauma again like they did with Louis and the other two whose names I forgot (Scene Mailich and lyam Pain Medication??). I mean, the others really kinda ruined their careers with becoming fathers in their 20s when they should have focused on their music and vocals instead. So while disingenuous, Harry is actually pretty smart with his odd behaviour that is far from being the classical male heartthrob star.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234May 19, 2022 10:47 AM

R234 Oh please, Louis' face looks like it just came out of someone's asshole. He is a serious fug fuck. Harry is the only remotely pretty one, and his sell-by is years out.

by Anonymousreply 235May 19, 2022 12:26 PM

Zayn was the only pretty one

by Anonymousreply 236May 19, 2022 2:09 PM

R236 sorry not interested

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237May 19, 2022 3:11 PM

Is Harry a homosexualist?

by Anonymousreply 238May 19, 2022 3:13 PM

r237 Ah imagine that, the one who thinks the chavvy rat is attractive is a racist too

by Anonymousreply 239May 19, 2022 3:48 PM

According to a friend of mine who works in the music industry, he is definitely NOT gay or bi. He was straight-up pandering in order to grow his fan base.

by Anonymousreply 240May 19, 2022 4:11 PM

[R240] Forgot to add: allegedly.

by Anonymousreply 241May 19, 2022 4:14 PM

Oh fucking hell r239 that is not racist. Pakistanis practice incestuous marriages and their defective children are putting a huge strain on the educational and social services systems.

by Anonymousreply 242May 19, 2022 6:06 PM

[quote]According to a friend of mine who works in the music industry, he is definitely NOT gay or bi.

"A friend of mine who works in the music industry" is certainly the last word on the subject.

by Anonymousreply 243May 19, 2022 6:15 PM

R242 The lack of the word "some" in your demented ramblings is what proves you to be a racist. As does digging out that link simply because I pointed out the fact that Zayn was obviously the best looking member of 1D.

by Anonymousreply 244May 19, 2022 6:19 PM

I'm not that poster r244. But you must not know much about Pakistani culture or how they inbreed. Their kids are fucked up and a drain on education and social services. And it's all totally preventable.

by Anonymousreply 245May 19, 2022 6:22 PM

The word "racist" is thrown around so much by over sensitive snowflakes now, it's lost all meaning. They scream "racist" in an attempt to silence people who are more in tune with reality.

by Anonymousreply 246May 19, 2022 6:23 PM

It's more than "some" r244. God you really are ignorant.

by Anonymousreply 247May 19, 2022 6:24 PM

R245 You do know we can see your post history right, dumb fuck? So yes, you are that poster. Also, R246 and r247. Because three posts in a row doesn't spell crazy.

And again, this has what to do with Zayn being beautiful, exactly?

by Anonymousreply 248May 19, 2022 6:26 PM

No I'm not the original poster I was just responding to your idiocy.

BTW don't get too wrapped up in celebrities. They wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire.

by Anonymousreply 249May 19, 2022 6:36 PM

r249 Once again, everyone can see your post history for themselves, and so can see you're a liar

by Anonymousreply 250May 19, 2022 6:53 PM

Sorry but I wasn't r237. Get over it. And get your head out of your ass.

Maybe you should go visit a school full of these Pakistani inbred kids.

by Anonymousreply 251May 19, 2022 6:55 PM

I’ve heard that he’s a queer.

by Anonymousreply 252May 19, 2022 7:17 PM

r251 But you are the one insisting all Pakistanis are inbred. Literally every post you make is just proving you're a racist moron.

by Anonymousreply 253May 19, 2022 7:58 PM

Nobody said all of them, but inbreeding is very common. It's a major problem and Western countries don't really know how to deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 254May 19, 2022 8:13 PM

R254 You literally said it was "more than some", that means all.

by Anonymousreply 255May 19, 2022 8:15 PM

No R238. He only plays one on social media, on stage, and in interviews.

by Anonymousreply 256May 19, 2022 8:17 PM

[quote] Pakistanis are inbred.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257May 19, 2022 8:26 PM

Back on the topic of Harry Styles being a poser. Who will replace him and Miss Mendes? I feel like there isn't a huge market for male pop stars anyway Just rappers.

by Anonymousreply 258May 19, 2022 8:29 PM

[quote] Who will replace him

I reckon they should import that cute gay Mexican who wears leather pants.

by Anonymousreply 259May 19, 2022 8:55 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260May 19, 2022 9:05 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261May 19, 2022 9:07 PM

r260 Even Edina Monsoon would laugh at that

by Anonymousreply 262May 19, 2022 9:19 PM

R260 Does he consider wearing pyjamas as "progressive"?

by Anonymousreply 263May 19, 2022 9:21 PM

People who proclaim they're "Progressive" never tell us what "progressive" means.

Transvestites claim to be "progressive'.

by Anonymousreply 264May 19, 2022 10:40 PM

The album is getting very good reviews across all the board. All the UK broadsheets and the NME, together with Rolling Stone, Vice and about ten others, gave it 4*. 84 aggregate on Metacritic so far.

by Anonymousreply 265May 20, 2022 12:23 AM

'Taking his personal life and work ethic aside, I think his singing is angelic and hypnotic, unbelievably gorgeous. '

He imitates all Usher's crooning and nuances so he's not original, plus his last album proved that he'd lost his top range. A critic described his vocals as 'shrieking.' Too much smoking will do that. Styles doesn't have that worry.

by Anonymousreply 266May 20, 2022 12:26 AM

'I feel like there isn't a huge market for male pop stars anyway Just rappers.'

The top five artists on Spotify are Ed Sheeran, Billie, Olivia Rodrigues. Harry and Justin Bieber, so try again with your rapper worship. Dua LIpa and Taylor Swift are also up there in the top ten.

by Anonymousreply 267May 20, 2022 12:29 AM

'And again, this has what to do with Zayn being beautiful, exactly?'

Beautiful? He has a frizzy black Taliban beard, swollen eyes, a flabby belly and chicken legs.

by Anonymousreply 268May 20, 2022 12:32 AM

'I think it is because all one direction fans wanted Louis because he looks better obviously but Louis got some random chick pregnant and all his fangirls died inside because of that '

Are you of sound mind? Styles won every single Most Popular in 1d poll easily and Niall was usually second with Zayn third. Louis has the least followers of all five on all platforms. He's only popular with Larries and his concerts are stuffed full of them, standing there with their Larry signs.

Harry has a lot of aggressive solo stans who hate Louis and Larries. They approached everyone with Larry signs at Harry's US tour and told them to put them away or else.

by Anonymousreply 269May 20, 2022 12:42 AM

This is fantastic. The new album has 84 on Metacritic with about 11 reviews so far.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270May 20, 2022 12:43 AM

Harry told Howard Stern he is in a movie where they had to cover over his tattoos on his body. He shows his butt but no penis.

by Anonymousreply 271May 20, 2022 12:45 AM

' Oh please, Louis' face looks like it just came out of someone's asshole.'

LOVE THIS! Louis' eyes have more bags than Heathrow.

by Anonymousreply 272May 20, 2022 12:46 AM

'I can see him being replaced by the next bright, sexually ambiguous thing.'

He's been right at the top for 12 years already, you spaz. Troye Sivan and Shawn Mendes WERE the next bright things and he outsells them easily. He has the kind of huge committed fandom of fraus that Rod Stewart and Robbie Williams have, so he'll still be able to do big tours in his 40s and 50s. A lot of fraus are the exact same age as him and still as besotted with him as they were when he and they were sixteen.

by Anonymousreply 273May 20, 2022 12:50 AM

Robbie Williams was never a star in the US, even though he tried to the point of looking desperate.

by Anonymousreply 274May 20, 2022 1:41 AM

His new album dropped last night and is now number 1 on iTunes in fifty different countries.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275May 20, 2022 6:07 AM

Even Pitchfork gave it a 7.2. The other four 1d flops must be writhing with envy.

by Anonymousreply 276May 20, 2022 6:14 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277May 20, 2022 9:17 AM

R273 Troye Sivan deserves to be forgotten just for his name.

by Anonymousreply 278May 20, 2022 10:53 AM

The Great Mediocrity continues.

by Anonymousreply 279May 20, 2022 11:07 AM

Troye had good music and he's been improving with each album. I don't find him attractive but I appreciate he's openly gay and makes music about gay sex.

by Anonymousreply 280May 20, 2022 11:49 AM

Robbie Williams didn't crossover to North America because Take That never had success there. America was sick of boy bands and bubblegum pop when Take That debuted. It was all about R&B groups like Boys II Men, Jodeci, All-4-One, etc or grunge like Nirvana and Alice in Chains.

By the mid to late 90s boy bands and girl groups were back in. That's why Spice Girls, Bbmak, 5ive etc had success in The US market. Robbie's debut was around that time and his sound was too campy, he was flaming and the lyrics were very British to translate. Spice Girls while very British had sex appeal, looked like fashion dolls and little American girls wanted to be them. Robbie didn't appeal to American girls or boys. Granted, Ricky Martin was flaming but was sexy, there was a big Latino population in the US and he made music that appealed to the universal audience too.

by Anonymousreply 281May 20, 2022 12:14 PM

r280 His team are trying to make him into the white Lil Nas X and it just doesn't work at all

by Anonymousreply 282May 20, 2022 12:34 PM

Unsurprisingly everyone gives this album rave reviews, because he's Harry Styles. And yes, he was always easily the most popular in 1D ever since the very early days during X Factor (when they tried to push Liam as front man). He definitely has the most charisma and possibly talent out of them - or had.

To me everything on this new album sounds like incredibly generic and overproduced funk pop. There are maybe one or two songs on it, that aren't overproduced, but they're bordering on boring. And like the other poster said: something happened to his voice. Maybe that's why he switched to this kind of generic pop music, because the soft crooning and falsetto is certainly not putting any strain on his voice. He lost not only his top range, but also his belting power and his characteristic tone. But I guess him losing his voice explains why he started all this other stuff for attention, like the queer baiting and ugly fashion.

It's his name that sells the music by now, not the other way round.

by Anonymousreply 283May 20, 2022 12:54 PM

R283, the music industry always likes to have a more "artistic" male performer, so they've chosen Harry to fulfil that function for the time being.

by Anonymousreply 284May 20, 2022 1:36 PM

"As It Was" sounds like a One Direction song. He's gotten more and more pop as his solo career went on.

by Anonymousreply 285May 20, 2022 1:43 PM

The 70s, 80s and 90s/early 2000s revival is getting so old. I miss the late 00s/early 10s pop sound that sounded modern. Since the late 2010s, there's been an obsession with recreating a retro sound. That's fine and all. But where's the musical progress? We need artists who know how to play instruments again because that's how most innovation comes. Samples, autotune, Audacity and Pro Tools can only do so much.

by Anonymousreply 286May 20, 2022 1:53 PM

R286 Record labels don't like innovation or artists though. Better to have brands and albums put together by an algorithm

by Anonymousreply 287May 20, 2022 1:59 PM

R285 True. At least One Direction was always a radio friendly pop (and later probably pop rock) band from the get go. And some of their songs were actually catchy and vocally demanding too. As It Was is also fairly catchy which is probably why they made it a single, but also nothing special. It could be sung by anyone. If I just heard it on the radio there's nothing that would make me think "oh, that has to be a Harry Styles song".

And yeah, interesting that he went more pop and more generic than when he started - you'd think it's the other way round. Even when he was still in the boy band and writing own stuff with the Augustana guy, you'd have expected him to go into some kind of indie rock direction.

At least after this album the papers can finally stop calling him a rock star.

by Anonymousreply 288May 20, 2022 2:26 PM

R286 His new album sounds like he saw the huge success Blinding Lights and Dua Lipas music was at the time he started writing it and decided to make his "quirky" version of this sound. Except that it's not particularly quirky and I'm just not into the whole pop phenomenon of one or two artists landing a hit and then everyone jumping on the same sound train.

Btw since this is his third album, which finishes his 80 million Sony music contract - does anyone know, if he signed a new contract with them or anything?

by Anonymousreply 289May 20, 2022 2:31 PM

[quote]We need artists who know how to play instruments again because that's how most innovation comes. Samples, autotune, Audacity and Pro Tools can only do so much.

Artists who play instruments need to get paid. Software doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 290May 20, 2022 2:32 PM

Somehow he comes across as even more manufactured now than in his 1D days.

I will say he has a smart machine surrounding him.

by Anonymousreply 291May 20, 2022 3:26 PM

Music press is so payola-ed now. They tend to kiss up to most pop stars and there's always some politicized agenda here. It's so masturbatory. Music should be judged by it's technicality not just "message." Most Christian music is awful because it's message over talent or creativity. A lot of pop stars will put out some concept album with a mantra and aesthetic combined with hype. But put the actual music as an afterthought. To be fair, a lot of indie acts also get overly praised too.

Only jazz, folk and hip-hop there is still critique and analysis of the structure and lyricism.

by Anonymousreply 292May 20, 2022 4:04 PM

R286 it has to be this way because the mid 2010s music was for semi-mongoloids. No we slowly have to accustom people to normal music again so the true new music style of the 2020s can be revealed. It will soon be over, don't worry but we are not even at the early 2000s revival yet though!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293May 20, 2022 8:05 PM

Who the hell would ever want to revisit the early 2000s? That was a total SHIT time for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 294May 20, 2022 8:10 PM

R294 The 80s music style is currently in too despite the fact that all the gays died of aids during that time. The topic is music styles of specific decades, not what actually happened in those years.

by Anonymousreply 295May 20, 2022 8:16 PM

R293 Late 90s/early 2000s can stay unless it's a post punk sound of Strokes and Killers or neo-soul sound of D'Angelo, Alicia Keys and Lauryn Hill. The singer-songwriter sound of Michelle Branch and Corrine Bailey Rae.

We do not need a Max Martin Swedish teen-pop, emo or pop punk/pop rock revival. But that seems to be where we are headed. Blink-182, My Chemical Romance, Avril and Britney are now "retro".

The later 2000s and early 2010s was an improvement. The Neptunes, Will.I.Am, Kanye, Timbaland, Dr Luke, Bloodshy and Avant, Calvin Harris and Danja were stronger producers. We had an electropop sound, more colorful production, more pushing of the limits, etc. I actually much prefer Rihanna, Katy and Gaga to Britney, Christina and Jessica.

I agree after 2016, it seemed to have largely gone downhill. The only artists I follow are alternative rappers like Tyler the Creator, indie rock, electronic producers and R&B/soul singers.

by Anonymousreply 296May 20, 2022 8:20 PM

The 80s have been in since the 2000s. That was the appeal of Lady Gaga, Bruno Mars, La Roux, The Killers, The Ting-Tings, The 1975 etc. Taylor Swift's 1989, Madonna's Confessions, a lot of One Direction's songs, a lot of Hilary Duff's songs, a lot of The Weeknd's songs, etc.

My issue is New Wave and pop music in that time had a lot of strong vocals. There was no autotune back then. Many singers today lack that presence. Where's the revival of singers like Teena Marie, George Michael, Whitney Houston, Prince, Taylor Dayne etc. Everyone is copying Michael Jackson's whisper cooing?

by Anonymousreply 297May 20, 2022 8:30 PM

Harry would need at least three enemas before he was suitable for penetration

by Anonymousreply 298May 20, 2022 9:32 PM

I bet some of y'all would love to do this to him...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299May 20, 2022 9:38 PM

[quote] His new album dropped last night

Just like camels drop their feces.

by Anonymousreply 300May 20, 2022 10:06 PM

Who is the moron praising hip hop and rap for having great lyrcis? Here's your idol Kendrick Lamar's new song, Cry Together.

Nah, fuck you, nigga

You got me fucked up

Fuck you, fuck you

I swear, I'm tired of these emotional ass, ungrateful ass bitches (shut the fuck up)

Unstable ass, confrontational ass dumb bitches

You wanna bring a nigga down even when I'm tryna do right

We could go our separate ways right now

You could move on with your life, I swear to God

Fuck you nigga, you love a pity party, I won't show up

Always act like your shit don't stink, motherfucker, grow up

Forever late for shit, won't buy shit, sit around and deny shit (man)

Fuck around on a side bitch, then come fuckin' up my shit

What? Fuckin' up yo' shit? You must be bleedin' and more shit

Bitch, I don't know shit, fuck yo' feelings (you some on hoe shit)

See, I don't know why you like playin' mind games with me (mind games?)

Bitch, I ain't slow nor ditsy, I know when you bein' distant

I know when you fake busy

Get out yo' feelings and miss me with that reserve psychology

Man, bitch, you trippin', who got you that Rollie chain?

And who put that car in my name?

What? You think I'ma kiss yo' ass? (Nah, nigga, you fuckin' lame)

You know what? Fuck you, bitch (fuck you, nigga)

by Anonymousreply 301May 20, 2022 11:16 PM

*lyrics

by Anonymousreply 302May 20, 2022 11:17 PM

R301 Those words are so ugly.

Where are their parents?

by Anonymousreply 303May 20, 2022 11:30 PM

LOL a Harry Styles fangirl criticising someone else's lyrics?

by Anonymousreply 304May 20, 2022 11:42 PM

You can't even hear "lyrics" nowdays. I can only recognise four words per minute.

by Anonymousreply 305May 20, 2022 11:44 PM

Who cares that much about lyrics anyway. Sure, it's really nice if they are poetic and interesting. But it's usually the melody of a song that gets you. There are plenty of songs out there, that are bops or lovely or sensual or emotional and the lyrics are borderline stupid. On the other hand I've never heard of someone listening to songs with shit melodies and sound, just because they like the lyrics.

by Anonymousreply 306May 21, 2022 12:05 AM

I'd like a (mid) 2000s music revival, but the problem is that I'm entirely thinking of the post-punk revival of that time instead of top 10 charts. I assume they were tragic back then? But I agree, that it feels things have become especially tragic after 2016. Or maybe things just aren't filtered through time yet. Because whatever is a big hit now doesn't have to be something anyone remembers in 10 years time.

by Anonymousreply 307May 21, 2022 12:13 AM

[quote] I've never heard

You have admitted to your shortcomings, R306.

You don't listen well enough. Or you've got out of the habit of listening when you're bombarded with noise.

Do your friends complain when you don't listen to them?

by Anonymousreply 308May 21, 2022 12:17 AM

R308 Read the whole sentence - you like music with shit melodies and sound and force yourself to still listen to it, just for the lyrics?

by Anonymousreply 309May 21, 2022 1:01 AM

'Where are their parents?'

Those lyrics were written by Kendrick Lamar who's in his 30s. It's supposed to be an argument between him and his wife.

by Anonymousreply 310May 21, 2022 1:02 AM

'On the other hand I've never heard of someone listening to songs with shit melodies and sound, just because they like the lyrics.'

Everyone who listens to rap does this.

by Anonymousreply 311May 21, 2022 1:03 AM

[quote] I've never heard of someone listening to songs with shit melodies and sound

Not, ever?

by Anonymousreply 312May 21, 2022 1:15 AM

R312 lol obviously all the time, but not when they themselves think the melody and sound is shit.

R311 okay, point taken. Even though there's also the rhythm and background music and all that stuff. It's rap after all and not poetry slam.

by Anonymousreply 313May 21, 2022 3:09 AM

[quote]you spaz.

Last heard in a junior high school in the 70s

by Anonymousreply 314May 21, 2022 3:22 PM

Hits Daily Double are predicting 500k sales in H's House's debut week in the US. The album received 98m streams in the first 24 hours, making it the fifth biggest debut in Spotify history.

by Anonymousreply 315May 22, 2022 2:11 AM

This song is cool.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316May 22, 2022 3:03 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317May 22, 2022 5:11 AM

R317 Those pyjamas again!

by Anonymousreply 318May 22, 2022 5:39 AM

His album is the fastest in history to reach 500m streams. It's currently on 650m - the same amount as Walls by dumbass Louis, which was released over two years ago.

by Anonymousreply 319May 23, 2022 2:02 AM

Are his fans all so insane? I read a story on the DM about him and Olivia Wilde and they seem so insane in the comment section.

by Anonymousreply 320May 23, 2022 3:59 PM

r320 Pretty much. Hell, look at the fangirl here who keeps posting stats as if anyone cares. It gets even crazier when you realise a big proportion of them are middle aged

by Anonymousreply 321May 23, 2022 4:02 PM

R321, it’s not his career, it’s the insane comments about his personal life. I’m not even a fan of hers, but they rip her to shreds just bc she’s dating him. The rapid fans of any celebrity freak me out.

by Anonymousreply 322May 23, 2022 4:07 PM

R322 And the entitlement they all seem to have. News flash, girls, Styles has no desire to be in any room with any of room. Just send him your money, thanks.

by Anonymousreply 323May 23, 2022 10:08 PM

^^ with any of you, rather

by Anonymousreply 324May 23, 2022 10:11 PM

Like with all celebrities with a rabid following (that's mostly male celebrities - and Taylor Swift) the people being crazy in comment sections are often in pretty bad places in their personal lives and latch onto their chosen celebrity for escapism and dreams of a better situation. Better love, better man, better life, better finances, whatever. And it seems the line between a harmless celebrity crush to escape your dreary life and becoming unhinged, delusional and waaay too attached for anyone's good is quite fine indeed.

by Anonymousreply 325May 23, 2022 11:13 PM

A lot of his crazed fans are m/m fetishists who still think he's married to Louis from 1d. They demonise Olivia because they think she's blackmailing him to be in a PR relationship with her. Qanon has nothing on these morons. If you want to see the worst one, check out @visiblybi on twitter.

by Anonymousreply 326May 23, 2022 11:48 PM

Harry Styles' real name is Harry Stiles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327May 24, 2022 12:00 AM

0/10 R327

by Anonymousreply 328May 24, 2022 12:03 AM

r322 It's actually going on right now too with Liam Payne - who surprisingly still has fans. He was caught cheating on his (now ex) fiancé, and his fans are insisting it was a set up he was forced in to by management for publicity purposes or something, or insisting he couldn't cheat since they were never actually in a relationship, etc

by Anonymousreply 329May 24, 2022 12:05 AM

I saw that R329. Liam doesn't even have a management at the moment so they're really barking up the wrong tree with that one. Some of them think Liam is married to Zayn!

by Anonymousreply 330May 24, 2022 12:57 AM

Liam responded to all the hate he's getting for cheating on his child bride with this video. He really does look roided out and coked up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331May 24, 2022 2:13 AM

#FreeLiam is trending on Twitter but I have no clue as to what he needs to be freed from.

by Anonymousreply 332May 24, 2022 2:24 AM

R331 What a fuckup has-been he is - I pity any kids he has.

by Anonymousreply 333May 24, 2022 2:51 AM

He has a son named Bear. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 334May 24, 2022 1:18 PM

Mick Jagger doesn't agree with the Harry Stiles comparisons.

by Anonymousreply 335May 24, 2022 11:10 PM

Olivia WIlde at Harry's One Night Only show in Brixton tonight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336May 24, 2022 11:23 PM

#FreeLiam is trending on Twitter but I have no clue as to what he needs to be freed from.//

His record label who are forcing him to 'beard' with one hot girl after another. These freaks think he is closeted and secretly dating Zayn Malik.

by Anonymousreply 337May 24, 2022 11:25 PM

Looks like his sister and mother are on either side of Olivia R336.

by Anonymousreply 338May 24, 2022 11:27 PM

'Looks like his sister and mother are on either side of Olivia [R336].'

Yes - that won't please the clowns who think it's all PR. In their fantasty world, Gemma and Anne loathe Olivia.

by Anonymousreply 339May 24, 2022 11:29 PM

Harry's House is set to debut with 515k in the US, biggest debut of the last year after Adele and Taylor. 900m streams so far after a week. It's #1 in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, France and in the UK amongst many others. A triumph! He also got 5* reviews for his London performance from The Times, Telegraph, Guardian, Independent, NME.

by Anonymousreply 340May 28, 2022 11:56 AM

Harry's House sounds like a reality show.

by Anonymousreply 341May 28, 2022 6:38 PM

He really does look like he stinks.

by Anonymousreply 342May 28, 2022 7:15 PM

Let's see how many Jehovah's Witnesses we can send to Harry's House.

by Anonymousreply 343May 28, 2022 7:34 PM

Don't send any girl scouts to sell cookies, he'll try to wear their uniforms.

by Anonymousreply 344May 30, 2022 3:34 AM

His new album debuted on Billboard with 521k sales/adjusted streams and the most vinyl sales of any record since 1991. As It Was now has seven weeks at number 1 in the US and eight in the UK, predicted for nine which is a week longer than Adele's Easy On Me.

by Anonymousreply 345May 31, 2022 8:23 AM

He's the new Michael Jackson, r345.

by Anonymousreply 346May 31, 2022 11:17 AM

As It Was is breaking records everywhere. Only one of four songs in history to stay at number one in the UK for ten weeks (and counting). Up to five consecutive weeks in the US.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347June 11, 2022 12:17 AM

It's just a fluke - A FLUKE!

by Anonymousreply 348June 11, 2022 1:12 AM

All the stans of the other four 1d guys hate Harry for his success. There's just too much of a disparity for them to bear - for instance, Louis Tomlinson's Walls album from Jan 2020 has yet to be certifed Silver in the US while Harry's House is already platinum after three weeks.

by Anonymousreply 349June 14, 2022 10:00 PM

I gotta say he sometimes looks hawt to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350June 14, 2022 10:09 PM

He's handsome. Not really in this photo though. Looks like a slightly constipated Paddington Bear.

by Anonymousreply 351June 14, 2022 10:11 PM

nice teefs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352June 14, 2022 10:15 PM

He looks like a monkey

by Anonymousreply 353June 14, 2022 11:37 PM

R350 Looks like he knows his way around a cock.

by Anonymousreply 354June 15, 2022 1:11 AM

So sexually ambiguous

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355June 15, 2022 1:37 AM

R355 You see, he's straight, just like me!

by Anonymousreply 356June 15, 2022 1:42 AM

It's so funny to me how Styles always dresses like a regular slob in his private life. The gender-bending outfits are only for public consumption and a gimmick to get him press.

by Anonymousreply 357June 15, 2022 1:46 AM

R357 He rarely looks like he's enjoying it. Maybe on stage, but when he's off stage, like at the Met Gala, he just looks like he's thinking, "Look at me, aren't I clever?". I feel very cynical about him.

by Anonymousreply 358June 15, 2022 3:39 AM

Of course r357, it's all a fabricated image to make him seem like a sensitive artist, the new Bowie. In his real life, Harry is just an average British bloke who dresses like an average British bloke. He looks fake in all the rubbish Harry Lambert puts him in, like a mannequin that's had clothes put on it.

by Anonymousreply 359June 15, 2022 9:12 AM

The costumes are all for show, it's not authentic. Styles is a boring bloke who's not very bright so his management figured out a way to generate some interest and give him media attention with the outrageous clothes. IRL he wears nothing but sweats, hoodies etc. It's all so fake and calculated. Like the above poster, I'm also quite cynical about him.

by Anonymousreply 360June 15, 2022 2:41 PM

As It Was is STILL at number one in the US and UK. Looks like it will win Song of the Year at the Grammys.

by Anonymousreply 361June 16, 2022 12:27 AM

Harry is playing to a sold out stadium of 74k people tonight and same again tomorrow, then at the weekend two sold out nights at 90k Wembley Stadium. He couldn't get much bigger.

by Anonymousreply 362June 16, 2022 12:34 AM

R361 Does it deserve a Grammy?

by Anonymousreply 363June 16, 2022 1:17 AM

The interview was with BETTER HOMES & GARDENS? Wtaf? Lol. How, uh, transgressive pitching your lamo music to the grandmas!

by Anonymousreply 364June 16, 2022 1:32 AM

R362 My tour is better than his! It is it is it is!

by Anonymousreply 365June 20, 2022 7:37 AM

Harry, always helping others

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366June 20, 2022 7:37 PM

R366 Either Harry really is a decent sort when it comes to being an ally, or he's extremely aware of how much courting the gays can/has boost his career.

by Anonymousreply 367June 20, 2022 9:48 PM

Why does someone need to come out during a show? Are they/them retarded?

by Anonymousreply 368June 21, 2022 11:29 AM

R368 Yes, next we'll hear that they were mysterious targeted and bashed after the show.

by Anonymousreply 369June 21, 2022 11:20 PM

He's never going to come out because he's most likely bisexual and heteroromantic, and his fans think he takes his male hook ups seriously and intends to settle down with one of them. In reality, he only falls in love with women.

by Anonymousreply 370June 22, 2022 1:36 AM

In one or two decades it will be demanded of celebrity men to have romantic relationships with other men... Hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371June 23, 2022 9:14 AM

R370 The most important truth is that he's never, ever going to hook up with his ugly obsessive fans - no matter how much they "love" him.

by Anonymousreply 372June 23, 2022 12:02 PM

The thing about Harry Styles is, he's not doing any of this because it comes naturally to him,. He's doing it because it SELLS. He's like Madonna and Bowie, seeing the trends coming, and capitalizing on them. These people are not artists, they are commercial opportunists.

by Anonymousreply 373June 23, 2022 12:26 PM

Check the numbskull at R373 who thinks Bowie wasn't an artist.

Harry's fans are mainly 300lb lesbians. His own taste in women is very precise: 5ft 7, 120lbs, light blue eyes, long straight blonde hair, sharp jawline.

by Anonymousreply 374June 23, 2022 9:33 PM

r374 you know nothing about music. Bowie was just as manufactured as Styles. He ripped off everything.

by Anonymousreply 375June 25, 2022 12:36 AM

Oh come on r375. You clearly know nothing about Bowie.

by Anonymousreply 376June 25, 2022 12:48 AM

r376 Bowie copied Anthony Newley's singing voice for starters and stole Tristan Tzara's entire aesthetic.

by Anonymousreply 377June 25, 2022 12:48 PM

[QUOTE] Bowie copied Anthony Newley's singing voice for starters and stole Tristan Tzara's entire aesthetic.

Who the fuck were they? Your best mates back in the 1950s? Tristan Tzara sounds like a drag queen.

by Anonymousreply 378June 25, 2022 3:40 PM

If you don't like his looks there's nothing interesting about him. His music is overrated and he makes overblown or controversial videos to hide that fact.

by Anonymousreply 379June 25, 2022 6:35 PM

r378 you prove my point. Bowie took the work of actual artists and repackaged it commercially for the uncultured masses such as yourself.

by Anonymousreply 380June 25, 2022 6:43 PM

r380 Bowie was an innovator and a unique talent. You're completely ignorant.

by Anonymousreply 381June 25, 2022 7:01 PM

Bowie had nothing in common aesthetically with Tzara.

by Anonymousreply 382June 25, 2022 7:02 PM

In the music and film industry It's all about who made the sound/look popular rather than who originated it.

Harry is phony as Hell. I hate how these talentless or marginally talented pretty faces become popular by skinwalking the genuinely talented legends of yesterday.

Be original instead of trying to be the reincarnation of someone far greater FFS.

by Anonymousreply 383June 26, 2022 1:39 AM

The only defense of Styles I can give is that he had a great voice before his current falsetto album and in comparison David Bowie sounded like a drunk animal but his voice was certainly unique and made his songs memorable. I prefer Bowies' music over Styles because it isn't boring.

by Anonymousreply 384June 26, 2022 8:50 AM

R2 the glasses definitely give me Dame Edna vibes.

by Anonymousreply 385June 26, 2022 8:57 AM

r381 no he wasn't. He just took things from the avant garde and made people like you in the mainstream think he originated it.

by Anonymousreply 386June 26, 2022 11:58 AM

r386 Bowie was part of the avant garde. He was a pop music performer. Of course he was going to be more popular with the public. He was definitely a real talent and innovator. And he did create his whole look.

by Anonymousreply 387June 26, 2022 3:45 PM

Harry is an entertainer and he is good at it and pop music. What he isn't, is a rock and roller or a musician. But they are still pushing that down out throats.

by Anonymousreply 388June 27, 2022 6:35 AM

I'd hate fuck him hard several times right after he had a triple enema and a shower.

by Anonymousreply 389June 27, 2022 10:34 AM

r387 Bowie was not an innovator, taking other people's ideas.

by Anonymousreply 390June 27, 2022 10:57 AM

Is the nitwit who's trying to claim that Bowie was not innovative or original a Harry Styles fan?

by Anonymousreply 391June 27, 2022 12:45 PM

Yasssss

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392July 1, 2022 2:34 AM

Is this Harry Styles' tiktok?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393July 8, 2022 5:50 PM

R370 Probably. Although I'm not even sure he finds guys sexually attractive, when he's sober. The song that is most celebrated as his "coming out" by his fans vaguely describes a drug fuelled orgy situation at best. Did he try things out, especially in such a setting? Quite likely. Is he one of those people that don't care who gives them a blow job, when they're totally drunk or high? Possibly. But beyond that it seems to me that most of it is image to be honest.

by Anonymousreply 394July 9, 2022 7:11 AM

Yes, he's probably messed around with men when drunk, but he's always in relationships with women. Probably bisexual, hetero-romantic.

by Anonymousreply 395July 9, 2022 11:14 AM

He's a total queen. If you want a real str8 guy, that's me! ME!!

by Anonymousreply 396July 11, 2022 2:27 AM

Shawn is a sad Harry Styles fanboy and cosplayer.

by Anonymousreply 397July 11, 2022 10:25 PM

It never stops

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 398July 14, 2022 2:33 PM

His queer baiting for profit is fucking sickening.

by Anonymousreply 399July 14, 2022 3:26 PM

He's not queerbaiting. He IS bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 400July 16, 2022 11:35 AM

Then why doesn't he just say it, r400?

by Anonymousreply 401July 16, 2022 1:20 PM

R378 If you're that profoundly ignorant, you have no business being here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402July 16, 2022 1:33 PM

Most of you whores are closeted, yet you want Harry Styles to come out to the millions of people who know who he is?

by Anonymousreply 403July 16, 2022 2:37 PM

Harry's House is the only album released in 2022 that is already platinum. Adele needs to watch out as he's coming for her at the Grammys.

by Anonymousreply 404July 16, 2022 2:39 PM

Who is he, r403?

by Anonymousreply 405July 16, 2022 4:21 PM

R195 I am not FOOKIN gay.

by Anonymousreply 406July 16, 2022 4:26 PM

Another gay-baiting phony. Make him go away.

by Anonymousreply 407July 16, 2022 5:57 PM

He's bi but probably only has sex with men occasionally and lets them do all the work. Olivia isn't a beard and nor were any of the others.

by Anonymousreply 408July 17, 2022 9:13 AM

There is now a university course on Harry Styles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409July 18, 2022 8:19 AM

r409 check out that incel college professor who devised the Styles course: "This is what tenure looks like." Fucking hell, this really is the dark ages.

by Anonymousreply 410July 19, 2022 2:05 PM

R410 I'm laughing, he even knitted himself a Harry cardigan like a proper fangirl. Academia is in the shitter.

by Anonymousreply 411July 20, 2022 3:47 AM

I stand corrected, upon closer inspection it looks like he only photographed himself with the original cardigan, like a proper fangirl. And made the photo his twitter profile pic.

by Anonymousreply 412July 20, 2022 3:49 AM

As It Was is now one of only five songs in chart history to spend ten weeks at number one in the UK and US.

by Anonymousreply 413July 20, 2022 4:43 AM

Everyone else except Harry is in their flop era. Beyonce's new single didn't even get to top 3. Cardi B and Kanye's single dropped 20 places this week. Lizzo's album only debuted with 60k.

by Anonymousreply 414July 20, 2022 2:19 PM

In other words, the music industry is in decline so it's no big deal to be at number 1, when the bar is so low.

by Anonymousreply 415July 21, 2022 10:31 AM

Harry the cultural icon now has a university course dedicated to him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416July 21, 2022 2:08 PM

R416 You don't say!

by Anonymousreply 417July 21, 2022 10:18 PM

I'll find out what he's into.

by Anonymousreply 418July 22, 2022 3:38 AM

Liam Payne has been in a residential rehab for weeks now. Best place for him. His last post on social media was June 14.

by Anonymousreply 419July 25, 2022 7:14 AM

R26 He gives me Misha Collins vibes. Celebs are just going through the moves and saying the words that are the pater noster of the hour to get a slice of the queer-umbrella cake and be labeled a cool kid. The blah blah is meaningless, it's just the icing on an uninteresting, straight cake.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420July 25, 2022 7:43 AM

Oh and I don't think any gay man would say something as thoughtless as...

[quote]"... to try and be more interesting? No… I just think sexuality's something that's fun... "

Sex is fun, but sexuality is a fact. It cannot just be donned like a tacky pair of sunglasses. Ask gay people in Saudi Arabia what a fun thing sexuality is. Disrespectful. And yes I'm weighing the words as they are carefully approved if and weighed by his management - there isn't anything accidental about this kind if interviews.

by Anonymousreply 421July 25, 2022 7:51 AM

I don't hear much about him that much anymore. I think the media is over him as his gimmick got old so fast. He's almost 30. His stans though will of course think he's much bigger than he actually is.

by Anonymousreply 422July 25, 2022 9:20 AM

[QUOTE] don't hear much about him that much anymore. I think the media is over him

Sure, your local paper in Tumbleweed, Alabama might be over him, but if you read the national media (and you clearly don't) they're still writing about him a lot. This week there were dozens of articles in UK and US publications about the University of Texas running a Harry Styles and the Cult of Celebrity course, and others about his album beating Adele's 30 to chart for six weeks at #1 on Billboard. It's the only album of the 2020s decade to do so.

by Anonymousreply 423July 25, 2022 1:12 PM

As It Was is the fastest single to 1b streams in history.

by Anonymousreply 424August 7, 2022 1:40 AM

R422 Have you read Rolling Stone lately.

by Anonymousreply 425August 23, 2022 3:14 AM

R409 Is the final exam how to get in Harry's pants? Why would the instructor want to know that?

by Anonymousreply 426August 23, 2022 3:30 AM

I wonder how much fan fellatio Harry has had over the years.

by Anonymousreply 427August 23, 2022 4:37 AM

God he’s insufferable. I’m not buying what he’s selling and never will.

by Anonymousreply 428August 23, 2022 5:01 PM

'I don't hear much about him that much anymore. '

You massive spaz. His single As It Was was number one on the Hot 100 for ten weeks this year.

by Anonymousreply 429August 24, 2022 12:07 AM

These days coming out as queen or pan is like an Alford plea for closeted celebrities.

It's a subtle way of saying that you're gay without losing straight acting roles, ticket and record sales or 90% of your fanbase which is made up of fat teenage girls or fat fraus who fantasize about fucking you and make up most of your income.

by Anonymousreply 430August 24, 2022 5:54 AM

[quote]Pretty much. Hell, look at the fangirl here who keeps posting stats as if anyone cares. It gets even crazier when you realise a big proportion of them are middle aged.

It's nothing new for pop stars to have middle aged fans. Harry himself is pushing 30, not exactly jail bait or a teenager. He's almost old enough at 28 to be the father of a pre-teen child.

by Anonymousreply 431August 29, 2022 11:37 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!