Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Craigslist

Did you use it to find hookups back in the day?

Do you still check it?

Have you ever posted a Missed Connections ad? If yes, did the right person ever reply?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58September 7, 2022 8:48 PM

Ha! Ha! Ha!

I'll say!

by Anonymousreply 1April 26, 2022 3:21 PM

How can Craigslist no longer have personals but Doublelist can?

by Anonymousreply 2April 26, 2022 6:05 PM

Was so easy to find someone to fuck with.

by Anonymousreply 3April 26, 2022 6:05 PM

I only nib-shitted on CL, being from a small town/area. I was impressed with the number of men self identifying as heterosexual married yet trolling for anon dick and ass.

by Anonymousreply 4April 26, 2022 7:16 PM

I liked using it for a while but after a few tries there would always be some pissy queen on there that flagged everyone's posts. No use in trying.

by Anonymousreply 5April 27, 2022 5:36 PM

It’s been gone a long time, Definietly missed and unreplaceable.

by Anonymousreply 6August 17, 2022 2:44 PM

There was so much straight, married dick and ass on there, it was unreal.

by Anonymousreply 7August 17, 2022 2:48 PM

I still miss it, definitely had the best men on there. Since is finished I have barely bothered with sex.

by Anonymousreply 8August 17, 2022 3:27 PM

Yes

No

Yes

by Anonymousreply 9August 17, 2022 3:27 PM

Correct, R6. Craigslist was unique because it wasn't a "gay" site, like all the ones trying to take its place are. You were able to hook up with a whole world of guys who you would never find on Grindr.

by Anonymousreply 10August 17, 2022 3:29 PM

There was a law holding online hosts responsible for human trafficking on their sites. Craigslist, which is not run for profit, didn’t want to have to police personal ads, so it just stopped running them.

by Anonymousreply 11August 17, 2022 3:33 PM

Craigslist was wonderful for hookups in SF. Best sex of my life (it helped that I was 20 years younger). I was introduced to my partner by "Uncle Craig". Together since 18 years.

by Anonymousreply 12August 17, 2022 3:34 PM

Most of my hookups, beyond count, were from Craigslist. I will always remember it fondly.

by Anonymousreply 13August 17, 2022 4:12 PM

Met my dealer on CL 10+ years ago. Continues to be a great, reliable relationship. Got beautiful dining room chairs that I still have.

by Anonymousreply 14August 17, 2022 4:20 PM

The furniture dealers on CL could absolutely not be beat.

by Anonymousreply 15August 17, 2022 4:29 PM

Huh R14? By "dealer" I assume you mean drugs. How does that get you dining room chairs?

by Anonymousreply 16August 17, 2022 4:30 PM

I posted a missed connection for a guy I met at a club. We chatted before getting separated during last call.

He answered and we hung out for a few weeks before I realized he was INSANE

by Anonymousreply 17August 17, 2022 4:33 PM

A sibling texted me years ago saying there was a Missed Connections post about me. It was a quasi-ex wondering if I was partnered. It was nicely written but embarrassing nonetheless since they used my name.

The hyper-local sex ads by heterosexuals became an 'Identify the Poster' game for some of us. There was a white guy who badly wanted a black woman to spank him and pinch his nipples. He posted about it weekly for years, with photos of his flabby hairy ass, and droopy tits with clothespins on his nipples, as an enticement. I looked at my neighbors as they walked their dogs, wondering who was defiling his wife's basement laundry room like that.

by Anonymousreply 18August 17, 2022 4:39 PM

I had some great hookups on Craigslist. One bad one

by Anonymousreply 19August 17, 2022 5:01 PM

I had so much fun sex from Craigslist, it was so easy and the guys were really into it. Was also good when traveling to smaller cities.

by Anonymousreply 20August 17, 2022 5:06 PM

"Missed Connections" is now the spot on Craigslist where all of the hook-up stuff is listed. Same type of posts. I posted a number of things there and Never got responses.

by Anonymousreply 21August 17, 2022 6:24 PM

Why is Doublelist such a bust? I've tried it several times and it's just like the guys are flaky, don't respond, etc. The guys on CL were down to FUCK and quickly.

by Anonymousreply 22August 17, 2022 9:33 PM

True R22. The success rate was very high. But these were different times....when the guys were less anxious, picky, and paranoid and more relaxed and confident.

by Anonymousreply 23August 17, 2022 9:35 PM

I quit once the fraus started posting their serena and Lilly outdoor furniture and builder basic light fixtures.

by Anonymousreply 24August 18, 2022 12:14 AM

The Best of Craigslist was a hoot!

by Anonymousreply 25August 18, 2022 7:00 AM

Yeah fun for years, a shame it got closed down. Wonder where all those married guys meet men now.

by Anonymousreply 26August 22, 2022 5:06 PM

R26, in the UK it’s all gone to Fabguys. I meet married men all the time on it. I don’t know how well known it is in the US.

by Anonymousreply 27August 22, 2022 5:16 PM

WTF is Craigslist?

by Anonymousreply 28August 22, 2022 5:30 PM

Craigslist was only good for liars and closeted homos.

It’s a lie that it was filled with “straight” men. It was filled with closeted ugly gays pretending to be straight in order to attract more guys. Most of these “married” men were either hookers pretending to be straight in order to do less work for more money or ugly guys who were closeted or needed lies to get laid. Most of them would hope that by the time you noticed how pathetic they were you’d just stick around not wanting to waste a whole trip.

So it was only good for delusional closeted men or ugly men who wanted quick sex w indiscriminate partners.

by Anonymousreply 29August 22, 2022 5:41 PM

[quote]Did you use it to find hookups back in the day?

Yes, until they stopped carrying personals.

[quote]Do you still check it?

Not for personals or hookups.

[quote]Have you ever posted a Missed Connections ad?

Yes, years ago.

[quote]If yes, did the right person ever reply?

No, not once.

by Anonymousreply 30August 22, 2022 6:04 PM

Former law enforcement here.

The downfall of Craigslist may have been prostitution (women). I remember a couple of stings involving Craigslist ads.

by Anonymousreply 31August 22, 2022 6:05 PM

The downfall of Craiglist was FOSTA-SESTA, and overreach by the Trump administration, but it's so totally on brand for "former law enforcement" to blame sex workers.

by Anonymousreply 32August 22, 2022 6:27 PM

FOSTA-SESTA:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33August 22, 2022 6:28 PM

Doublelist would be much better if it had a gallery feature.

by Anonymousreply 34August 22, 2022 6:54 PM

r34 Doublelist would be better if they got rid of the personal account. That't too many hoops for closest cases.

by Anonymousreply 35August 22, 2022 7:33 PM

I finally had a good DL hookup FINALLY the other day that reminded me of CL. He is a straight presenting Mexican guy that works at Loews who likes plump asses. He asked me to wear a g-string and he rimmed for until I was begging him to fuck me, which he did, with a condom. No kissing, no small talk. It was a nice stroll down memory fuck lane!

by Anonymousreply 36August 22, 2022 7:39 PM

My understanding is that if having sex is like going to the bathroom for you, Craigslist was great.

by Anonymousreply 37August 22, 2022 8:39 PM

R35 is correct.

by Anonymousreply 38August 22, 2022 10:15 PM

Doublelist makes you restister With a phone number, of course most straight men wouldn’t want to risk using it. They liked the complete anonymity of craigslist and the fact that they could easily use fake email accounts without any login.

by Anonymousreply 39August 23, 2022 12:57 PM

Yeah doublelist also requires a callback number. Craigslist was easier for men to check and respond to discreetly.

by Anonymousreply 40August 24, 2022 12:44 PM

Also, Craigslist had the veneer of being an online classifieds section for things other than sex. Doublelist is known as sex meetup site, and not nearly as wide read as Craigslist.

by Anonymousreply 41August 24, 2022 3:24 PM

I think some closeted/married guys moved over to FetLife.

by Anonymousreply 42August 24, 2022 3:29 PM

R41 is right in the money. Straight men for years looked at Craigslist for things like buying a used car, job listings, or power tools. They could sneak a peek at the m4m section without needing to go to a hookup website at all.

by Anonymousreply 43August 24, 2022 6:00 PM

Craigslist was a blast and is sorely missed. Doublelist is mostly terrible, at least in my metro area; Sniffies is much more like old school cruising with tech and anonymity making it better to me, than DL.

by Anonymousreply 44August 24, 2022 7:31 PM

Wish it would come back. Traveling businessmen were the best.

by Anonymousreply 45August 30, 2022 12:52 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46August 30, 2022 12:53 PM

I remember the morning I tried to log on and couldn't. I couldn't believe it then and I still can't.....

by Anonymousreply 47August 30, 2022 1:02 PM

Yes I have but I prefer Grindr

by Anonymousreply 48August 30, 2022 1:04 PM

There was a lot of hot bi and "str8" cock on there.

Just checked Missed Connections in NYC and nothing M4M or sex related

by Anonymousreply 49August 30, 2022 3:35 PM

R47 and r49 - I often wonder where the married and straight NYC hotel visitors find guys nowadays. They used to be all over CL. And as earlier posters have said, the gay apps aren’t going to be touched by the really nervous straight guys.

by Anonymousreply 50August 30, 2022 6:22 PM

^^^ Me too. where have they all gone??

by Anonymousreply 51August 30, 2022 8:45 PM

I saw a news story this week about a sex trafficking gang operating in Westchester County and the Bronx. It said the accused madam advertised the females in online ads on bedpagedotcom and MegaPersonalsdotcom. I checked them out and saw both sites have 'men seeking men' sections just like old craigslist. It doesn't seem like they are really being used butr if word got out maybe hiorny guys might looking to hook up might start posting there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52September 1, 2022 11:12 PM

The Doublelist in my flyover city is insane, 100s of posts, but mostly bottoms begging for cock.

by Anonymousreply 53September 1, 2022 11:21 PM

Craigslist had good straight men traffic because it was used for like 20+ years as a place to find a job, rent an apartment, sell a tv. Straight men who used it over the years could click on the m4m if they were hungry for cock. It will never be the same with any other website unless Craigslist brings back their personals.

by Anonymousreply 54September 7, 2022 8:25 PM

That's just for hookups. Where do you find genuine relationships?

by Anonymousreply 55September 7, 2022 8:33 PM

Adding to watched threads.

by Anonymousreply 56September 7, 2022 8:34 PM

There's a stealth DL thread on Craigslist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57September 7, 2022 8:35 PM

[quote]Straight men who used it over the years could click on the m4m if they were hungry for cock.

You mean if they wanted to find bottoms hungry for their cocks, silly! 🤪

by Anonymousreply 58September 7, 2022 8:48 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!