Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

41 & Single - LA or SF???

I'm in my twilight years and am on the fence of moving back to SF. I'm from LA, lived in SF a couple of years right prior to the pandemic, and then came home to LA. I love LA and I do love my friends, but I feel isolated. My family is divorced and scattered, my friends are married/and or getting together feels like a big mission. I like LA more than SF, but I had a better sex and social life there. The city is so small and it was easy to be spontaneous. Here I feel like everyone has to book out a month in advance for a hangout, Lyfts are expensive, and I miss just being able to walk to get a drink. SF is way more affordable for a 1BR than before I left in Jan 2020. What should i do? Rents have and will increase in SF so I don't want to wait too long to decide.

TL:DR - Where is it better to be single and 40's - LA or SF?

by Anonymousreply 4April 25, 2022 2:55 AM

I've never lived in either place but just by reading your post I think you've answered your own question. You seem to be looking for confirmation that yes, you should live in SF.

PS. Get over the whole "twilight years" BS. My 40's and 50's were fucking awesome.

by Anonymousreply 1April 25, 2022 2:29 AM

SF is much better for middle aged gay men. LA is horrible. Middle aged men trying to look - and act -25. Or hermits who can’t be bothered with “the scene”. Way too isolating. SF always was and still is one of the best places for gay men to meet in the world. Especially middle age. Not even a debate. I like LA but it’s a brutally superficial, youth obsessed city/sprawling suburb. And now that it’s gotten so expensive, one of its few advantages over SF has disappeared.

by Anonymousreply 2April 25, 2022 2:44 AM

41 is twilight? Fuck I’m dead

by Anonymousreply 3April 25, 2022 2:53 AM

People in SF are far less superficial. As a middle aged person, you will have a much better dating life in SF.

by Anonymousreply 4April 25, 2022 2:55 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!