Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

‘The Flight Attendant’ season 2 Official Thread

Omg I can’t believe it’s already here!!! Will be watching shortly.

I hope it’s as good as season one, which was a surprise delight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154June 14, 2022 12:07 AM

It's entertaining so far, but fuck Zosia Mamet is as grating and hard to look at as ever.

by Anonymousreply 1April 22, 2022 1:40 AM

No one's watching?

by Anonymousreply 2April 23, 2022 3:02 AM

Finally checked out the new season. It is okay but it all feels a little too much and over the the top now. There is so much going on in these episodes, to me is is missing the charm of season 1 when it was just a mystery of a flight attendant waking up next to a body. Like what it is even going on with Rosie Perez' character?

That said, I'm still going to watch the season.

by Anonymousreply 3April 24, 2022 9:10 PM

I'm just going to watch it because Shohreh Aghdashloo from The Expanse is in this season and she's awesome

by Anonymousreply 4April 24, 2022 9:14 PM

I tried watching. Couldn’t remember a thing from the first season - is she a spy? I dunno 🤷🏻‍♂️ And then she’s following that guy and taking pictures of him - incognito in the brightest, reddest coat she could find. I shut it off.

by Anonymousreply 5April 24, 2022 9:18 PM

Somehow this would have worked more as an anthology type of series. It's dumb now. First season was great as R3 said it was a mystery of a flight attendant waking up next to a body. They should have closed the loop on the first season and moved on to another flight attendant storyline...like maybe a flight attendant serial killer.

by Anonymousreply 6April 24, 2022 9:25 PM

Agree r6, it should be an anthology show if they wanted to make more

by Anonymousreply 7April 24, 2022 9:27 PM

I like it 🤷🏽‍♂️

But this is a great example of what Cruel Summer season 2 would be with the same cast after closing the story, hence them making it anthology.

by Anonymousreply 8April 24, 2022 9:29 PM

It was fun for a season. I can’t imagine watching another season of it

by Anonymousreply 9April 24, 2022 11:44 PM

I thought the first season was great and am enjoying the new one thus far. Yes, it's a stretch that a recovering alcoholic would be recruited as a CIA asset – particularly given Cassie's persistent insistence on ignoring direct orders – but OTOH it's also a stretch that a flight attendant could ever possibly afford a $3M Venice Beach cottage in the canals, so there's that.

That said, I'm gonna be pissed if they waste a QUEEN like Shohreh Aghdashloo as a mere AA sponsor. *Surely* there's more to her role than that!

by Anonymousreply 10April 24, 2022 11:50 PM

[quote] but OTOH it's also a stretch that a flight attendant could ever possibly afford a $3M Venice Beach cottage in the canals, so there's that.

It's always hysterical how characters in movies and tv shows have homes that are not just out of their means, but WAY out of their means. Cassie would have to be the president of the airline she works for to afford a house such as you described.

I agree about Shohreh Aghdashloo - she's a brilliant actress and I hope she gets more to do. I love her in everything she's been in.

by Anonymousreply 11April 25, 2022 12:00 AM

Yes! Cassie's house in LA was ridiculous, what flight attendant can afford that. The new babydyke flight attendant also had some great house.

C'mon, they are flight attendants not doctors.

by Anonymousreply 12April 25, 2022 12:08 AM

The premiere episode was silly, kind of messy and strained the limits of credibility. The CIA would never want someone as unreliable and chaotic as her to be an asset. She follows a guy in a bright red Carmen Sandiego coat and doesn't get caught? Come on.

Kaley's high-strung, sometimes spastic acting is kind of a lot to take for an hour.

by Anonymousreply 13April 25, 2022 12:09 AM

[quote]She follows a guy in a bright red Carmen Sandiego coat and doesn't get caught?

According to the short bit about the episode (shown after the credits if you're watching on HBO Max), that was Kaley Cuoco's entirely intentional wardrobe choice, meant to illustrate that Cassie is *not* a seasoned spy. (Not that that's difficult to otherwise tell, but still.)

by Anonymousreply 14April 25, 2022 12:23 AM

I immediately noticed the red coat and thought "why the fuck is she wearing that if she's trying to be incognito?"

by Anonymousreply 15April 25, 2022 12:25 AM

It actually makes sense that Cassie wore red. She would do that. Rewatch season one. Every choice she makes is awful, stupid and illogical.

by Anonymousreply 16April 25, 2022 12:29 AM

Yeah she is kind of a dumb cunt

by Anonymousreply 17April 25, 2022 12:33 AM

R17 what’s sad is she feels realistic to me because I KNOW (still currently know) a girl just like her. It’s insane. She makes every bad choice possible. God could tell her which choice is the right one and she would still pick the wrong one.

by Anonymousreply 18April 25, 2022 12:36 AM

It's a bit "Girls" meets Jack Bourne but still very watchable.

by Anonymousreply 19April 25, 2022 12:47 AM

The guy playing Max is so adorable it hurts.

by Anonymousreply 20April 25, 2022 12:50 AM

Has Rosie toned it down? I saw an interview with her recently, and she wasn't doing her thing anymore in person. Does she still sound like she's hearing impaired and speaking?

by Anonymousreply 21April 25, 2022 12:50 AM

I actually knew a female flight attendant who everybody in our circle of friends suspected of working for CSIS (Canadian Intelligence). Maybe not as ditzy and messy as Cassie, but still pretty messy.

by Anonymousreply 22April 25, 2022 12:50 AM

R21 ummm that’s old school Brooklyn Latina accent. They all spoke like that back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 23April 25, 2022 12:54 AM

Oops, Jason Bourne

by Anonymousreply 24April 25, 2022 12:57 AM

R23, I didn't know. She doesn't speak that way in person.

by Anonymousreply 25April 25, 2022 1:00 AM

R25 here. J Lo and Leah Remini speak about that here.

In case you transplants didn’t know, each borough had its own accent once upon a time. Now it’s transplants central so that’s of the past like many accents in other states.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26April 25, 2022 1:02 AM

r26 lives in a rat-infested shithole and hates transplants because they can actually afford NYC.

by Anonymousreply 27April 25, 2022 1:25 AM

R27 I live in a doorman building.

Transplants erase culture and neighborhoods.

by Anonymousreply 28April 25, 2022 3:00 AM

r28 NYC would be nothing without transplants. Fran Lebowitz has said if you've lived in NYC long enough to bitch about something that's not there anymore, then congratulations you're a New Yorker.

by Anonymousreply 29April 25, 2022 3:09 AM

R29 don’t care. What HS did Fran go to?

by Anonymousreply 30April 25, 2022 3:10 AM

Normal people couldn't give a shit what high school someone went to.

by Anonymousreply 31April 25, 2022 3:11 AM

R4 Did you ever see The Stoning of Soraya M? Shohreh is very good in it.

by Anonymousreply 32April 25, 2022 3:18 AM

R30 Fran was expelled from multiple HS and earned her GED instead.

by Anonymousreply 33April 25, 2022 3:28 AM

Most of you bitches take this shit way too seriously. “Strains credulity?” This show is a fantasy. Of course she has a great house, who wants to see a shitty one bedroom? As far as Kaley, she’s fun…like Goldie Hawn.

Meanwhile, Denis Adkeniz needs to be naked in it as much as possible.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34April 25, 2022 3:28 AM

What strains believability is Zosia being a high end lawyer with those shitty tattoos on her fingers, what didn’t she want to take the twenty minutes in makeup to get them covered? Well, she has got to be one of the hands down laziest actors out there, giving absolutely nothing to her costars in engagement during a scene and nearly sleep walking her way through her own lines with about as much energy as a drying dishrag.

by Anonymousreply 35April 25, 2022 3:34 AM

r35 she's one of the worst cases of nepotism. Bitch can't act and she's a total fuggo.

by Anonymousreply 36April 25, 2022 3:36 AM

Yes, Zosia is awful. Meanwhile, her mother was such a good, intense actress.

by Anonymousreply 37April 25, 2022 3:38 AM

The red coat thing seems rather silly from a spy agent point of view (her handler would've probably bitch slapped her for that alone after the long training and working for them for at least six months). Making it a style over substance issue. However, I can see Kaley's point of keeping her character as flawed (and stupid?) as in season one. Kind of highlights the point that just, because you gave up drinking doesn't make you suddenly so much smarter on its own.

by Anonymousreply 38April 25, 2022 3:45 AM

This is really suspenseful!

by Anonymousreply 39April 25, 2022 7:08 PM

I actually like the first episode and I was sure I'd hate it.

But my big gripe? She's supposed to be spying on a guy in a bright red coat? Okay.

Other than that? I liked the twists and turns. It somehow kept much of the charm of season one.

by Anonymousreply 40April 25, 2022 7:11 PM

Zosia needs to spend more time in the makeup chair.

by Anonymousreply 41April 25, 2022 7:47 PM

Not unlike John Merrick.

by Anonymousreply 42April 25, 2022 9:35 PM

I like the show, but my god, the 2nd episode gave me a headache, Zosia & Kaley were like shrieking banshees when they reunited.

It's such a fun show, but a bit fast-paced; I feel like my BP is skyrocketing when I watch it!

by Anonymousreply 43April 25, 2022 10:00 PM

I'm trying to get through the 2nd episode but Zosia is making it difficult. The dialog with her friends is fucking ridiculous. If people talked like this around me in real life I would walk out of the room.

by Anonymousreply 44April 26, 2022 12:18 AM

[quote]Kaley's high-strung, sometimes spastic acting is kind of a lot to take for an hour.

Her over acting and scenery chewing tics remind of Jennifer Aniston in The Morning Show.

by Anonymousreply 45April 26, 2022 3:08 AM

The lesbian is really pretty.

The fat girl is a villain.

by Anonymousreply 46April 27, 2022 12:36 AM

R45 now that you mention it, there is a lot in common between Jennifer and Kaley's acting style. I never noticed that before and now I can't unsee it.

by Anonymousreply 47April 27, 2022 12:38 AM

[quote]The lesbian is really pretty.

Her eyes are amazing, aren’t they? She looks like a real life anime character.

by Anonymousreply 48April 27, 2022 12:42 AM

Excuse me, but do not call Mae Martin a lesbian. That is literal violence. They identify as non-binary and use they/them pronouns. Do better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49April 27, 2022 1:35 AM

t(s)he(‘s)y’re cute

by Anonymousreply 50April 27, 2022 1:38 AM

Shirtless Max alert!

by Anonymousreply 51April 29, 2022 8:54 AM

Zosia Mamet is appalling.

And don’t give me that “actually if you find her annoying, that means she’s a good actress because the character is supposed to be annoying!” shit. I’d be annoying too. Because I can’t act either

by Anonymousreply 52April 30, 2022 11:05 AM

I heard they literally consulted with the Orphan Black tech people about doing the shots with one actor in multiple roles, and yet the Memory Palace sequences here look like Bionic Women Fembot scenes. And Ms. Couco is absolutely no Tatiana Maslany, and this is coming off as a screen time grab for her as an actress to try (feebly) to show range. Sometimes the star shouldn’t be the producer so someone will actually say “No” to them.

by Anonymousreply 53May 2, 2022 7:37 AM

Alanna Ubach is great as ever.

by Anonymousreply 54May 2, 2022 7:45 AM

I don't think this show needed a second season.

by Anonymousreply 55May 2, 2022 1:06 PM

[quote]Alanna Ubach is great as ever.

I didn’t know this name and had to look up who she played, but yes! That scene was hilarious. She’s fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 56May 2, 2022 1:32 PM

I've struggled to get back into this but just can't. It's too absurd. Why couldn't it have been one season? It was a great story. Quirky, interesting, plausible. Now, she's running around telling everybody she's a "CIA asset", half the airplane staff is apparently either covert spies or something else, (who knew airline employees lead such double lives?!). They've wasted Rosie Perez with that whole silly story. Kelly Cucco (sp?) relocated to Los Angeles for some unknown reason, (cheaper production costs?) and everyone seems to follow her there? After her previous trauma, she isn't content doing what the CIA has tasked her with AND getting paid for it. She has to stalk around, (and in a red trench coat). And how do they have all this time on their layovers? They take one flight from L.A. to Berlin and need to stay there for three days? It's a hot mess. I can't do it anymore.

by Anonymousreply 57May 2, 2022 2:03 PM

The writing on this show is so lazy, which makes the more implausible plot points even harder to believe. Also, if you took a shot every time a character says "fuck," you would probably be drunk about 20 minutes into an average episode.

by Anonymousreply 58May 2, 2022 2:40 PM

I’ve been watching it. They need to tone down Cassie, give her some nuance . The character is one note and after a while it’s kinda exhausting watching her

by Anonymousreply 59May 2, 2022 7:42 PM

R53, that's covered in one of the "after the show" clips: yes, they asked Orphan Black's producers how to realistically shoot sequences featuring multiple doubles of the same actor. I have no idea where you're getting this "looking like Bionic Women Fembot" stuff, unless you missed the fact that those scenes are *intentionally* over-the-top (e.g. the whole Lego-esque Reykjavik church thing Cassie built in it in the most recent ep - it was all CG). It's also not meant to ape Orphan Black's characters, all of which were extremely different from one another: they're all variations of Cassie stemming from her own head, and you can only do so much "range" with a single character.

R57, you seem awfully preoccupied with details about what's rather obviously an entirely *fictional* situation. OBVIOUSLY the notion of a flight attendant working as a CIA asset in any context is absurd, but this is a show that started off with an even more absurd premise: Cassie waking up in an overseas bed next to a corpse, with *literally* no memory of what happened the night before, and subsequently solving the mystery both on her own and while drunk off her tits half the time. And you're preoccupied with Cassie merely relocating to L.A.?? (never mind that real-life FAs can - and do - move around all the time)

Also, CIA assets don't get "paid" per se; Cassie's just doing it for the thrills. (Granted that the notion of a flight attendant with a mid-five-figure income being able to purchase fancy and very bright coats on whim – and living solo in a Venice Beach cottage easily worth $2M – should at least suggest that she has an outside source of income, but TV producers have been putting characters in absurdly unrealistic homes for decades now, but still: that's not how the CIA works.)

by Anonymousreply 60May 2, 2022 11:46 PM

I watched season 1 and can't for the life of me remember how it ended. Why was that guy killed? Could someone just quickly refresh my memory?

by Anonymousreply 61May 3, 2022 12:33 AM

Didn’t his own family kill him or something?

by Anonymousreply 62May 3, 2022 6:10 AM

Yes, Michelle Gomez! Yass queen!

by Anonymousreply 63May 3, 2022 6:11 AM

Y’all take this show too seriously. It’s just meant to be diverting.

I like it. Cassie may be sober but she’s still slutty, which is good. She gets the D.

by Anonymousreply 64May 3, 2022 6:12 AM

[quote]I watched season 1 and can't for the life of me remember how it ended. Why was that guy killed? Could someone just quickly refresh my memory?

It's a bit convoluted, but IIRC Alex (the victim) was the scion of a family he finds out is secretly selling illicit arms to terrorists – and was preparing to come clean about it – so "Victor" (the presumed lead terrorist) sicced his main enforcer on Cassie. We don't find out until the finale that the enforcer is this guy Buckley that's been Cassie's fuckbuddy almost the whole time: he followed both of them to Alex's hotel in Bangkok, killed Alex while she was blotto-drunk, and then ended up hooking up with her regularly to keep an eye on her.

by Anonymousreply 65May 4, 2022 9:57 PM

I don’t get dragging Margaret Cho all the way to Iceland to film what was basically an extended cameo. And that dark haired pregnant bitch who was the assistant to the assassin was Kaley’s real life sister. Her abuses of the producer role in this production are never ending. I’m really starting to hate this show, including those multiple split screens montages, it’s like they filmed to much content and need to justify it so they show the plane from three perspectives. Totally unnecessary and distracting.

by Anonymousreply 66May 4, 2022 10:42 PM

So is flight attendant Shane CIA as well?

by Anonymousreply 67May 5, 2022 8:48 AM

Yes, I think so r67

Watching the 5th episode. More manic Cassie

by Anonymousreply 68May 6, 2022 12:32 AM

Shane being a CIA operative was revealed in season one. Cassie followed in his footsteps and is now making a mess of it in season two. Love the episode with Michelle Gomez and her character complaining about getting shot in the leg again. Cassie getting into heated arguments with herself is very Big Mouth (emotions being represented by monsters) meets Doom Patrol (Jane).

I guess the torn picture in Grace's apartment will reveal something later on?

Davey, Cassie's brother, so broke up with his husband, right? He was acting strange when he visited his sister, and he flirted rather awkwardly with the vendor at the market.

Megan's adventure of getting her box back was hilarious (her drugging the crazy bitch, who then gets even crazier).

by Anonymousreply 69May 6, 2022 1:02 AM

Michelle Gomez is a delight.

by Anonymousreply 70May 6, 2022 1:26 AM

I just started season 1 and am enjoying it. I was watching Severance on Apple TV, which was interesting and good over two episodes, but too bleak for me right now. So, I checked TFA out for something a little higher energy and funny.

by Anonymousreply 71May 6, 2022 2:25 AM

Season 1 was very entertaining. Season 2 (which is often the case with a high stakes kind of show like this) is a bit too hard to swallow. But it's still fun.

by Anonymousreply 72May 6, 2022 9:59 AM

First seasons tend to be better and more fun, because they come as a surprise. With the second season, the viewer has certain (high?) expectations.

What kills any entertainment is viewers having expectations that are not met.

by Anonymousreply 73May 6, 2022 10:24 AM

Last night’s episode was a slog for me to get through. I had enjoyed the first four, but this week’s was too messy and chaotic.

by Anonymousreply 74May 6, 2022 5:42 PM

[quote]And that dark haired pregnant bitch who was the assistant to the assassin was Kaley’s real life sister. Her abuses of the producer role in this production are never ending.

Bitch, please. When the producers decided to show Shane's new boyfriend onscreen, guess who they hired for the role? The actor's (Griffin Matthews) real-life HUSBAND. Does that qualify as "nepotism" as well? Or only hiring your sister for tiny-ass roles?

[quote]Last night’s episode was a slog for me to get through. I had enjoyed the first four, but this week’s was too messy and chaotic.

Well, yeah, Cassie went on the bender we all knew she'd end up on. How do you properly do an episode like that *without* being messy & chaotic? Cassie's been spiraling all season, and needs to get her shit together – sober – before figuring out what the fuck is going on, e.g. finding out who's acting as her doppelgänger and killing people for unknown reasons. (My money's on Cheryl Hines btw.) There are only three eps left this season, so they couldn't really hold off any longer.

by Anonymousreply 75May 7, 2022 6:32 PM

Watched last episode last night. She was really annoying. Blubbering on the beach and I just wanted her to drown.

by Anonymousreply 76May 7, 2022 6:36 PM

I love her house.

by Anonymousreply 77May 7, 2022 6:52 PM

It's too manic. Should have stopped at the first season.

by Anonymousreply 78May 7, 2022 7:13 PM

The problem with almost any story about someone in recovery is you find yourself waiting for the inevitable relapse. It’s hard to invest in the character because we’re so conditioned to the story beats. We just want to cross off the items on the checklist and get on with it.

by Anonymousreply 79May 7, 2022 7:31 PM

The first season was entertaining. The only word I have for the second season is shrill. I couldn't make it past the second episode.

by Anonymousreply 80May 7, 2022 7:38 PM

But this show looks expensive, doesn't it? I mean, not like Game of Thrones expensive but they really spare no expense.

by Anonymousreply 81May 7, 2022 9:14 PM

I don't think so, R81. I love the show, but it clearly has lower / cheaper production values versus, say, "And Just Like That," and I seriously doubt Kaley Cuoco is pulling in the same $1M per episode that SJP et al got for the reboot. It also has a wholly B- and C-list cast, none of whom are in huge demand. This season also seems cheaper than the last one, in part because the only location shoot for it was the relatively short one in Iceland. (The scenes ostensibly showing Rosie Perez visiting "snowy Long Island" were clearly filmed on a soundstage, presumably in the L.A. area.)

Also, from what I've heard via a friend who works in TV production, HBO has its "marquee" shows – nowadays mainly "House of the Dragon," but obviously GoT before it and ones with A-list talent like "Big Little Lies" (Meryl!!), and before *that* "The Sopranos" had a record-high production cost towards the end of its run – but those are only 10% of its total original content. Even "Euphoria," one of the most buzzed-about shows on TV, period – and one for which Zendaya won the Best Actress Emmy in 2020 – is basically low budget: its biggest expense, like TFA's, is the salary of its lead star (and executive producer - in both cases).

Btw if you want specifics: HBO's standard hour-long dramas mostly have budgets between $2M-$3M. "House of the Dragon" is $15M, a relative bargain compared to the $30-million-per-ep production costs of every MCU-based Marvel show on Disney+ to date. Most of it is for FX and the location shoots obviously necessary for it, given that no one in their right mind would attempt to do a GoT prequel using the types of "virtual" sets seen on "The Mandalorian" and the like.

by Anonymousreply 82May 10, 2022 12:41 AM

Couldn’t get through the most recent episode (4?). Done. Out..

by Anonymousreply 83May 10, 2022 1:55 AM

I seriously hate Cassie. This season is exhausting, because everything feels like it's turned up to 11 at all times.

by Anonymousreply 84May 10, 2022 5:31 AM

I have no idea what the fuck is going on this season.

by Anonymousreply 85May 10, 2022 5:36 AM

So far I like the season. In a way it's like a play on "Into The Woods" where season one ends with Cassie finally having her shit together and having her great female empowerment finale and then along comes the second season and Cassie is still a hot mess trying so hard to stay sober and be a good person. Clearly being an alcoholic, and having daddy issues, isn't her only problem.

by Anonymousreply 86May 10, 2022 5:58 AM

Keeping an audience is clearly her main problem.

by Anonymousreply 87May 10, 2022 1:20 PM

[quote]This season is exhausting, because everything feels like it's turned up to 11 at all times.

I truly don't get all the whining on this thread – and literally nowhere else online (and I read a lot of TV boards) – about this season being "exhausting." I don't know if you people were as drunk as Cassie was when S1 aired, but the only *tangible* change between the two seasons is Cassie being accompanied solely by imagined versions of herself in her "Mind Palace," as opposed to verbal imaginary sparring with the deceased Alex last year. Sure, you can complain that this season has too much Kaley, but those of you "exhausted" by a single hour of television each week should probably try to get some sleep.

by Anonymousreply 88May 10, 2022 10:28 PM

r88 the second season kind of sucks.

by Anonymousreply 89May 10, 2022 10:31 PM

I’m not enjoying the second season as much as the first. S1 had a giddy whimsy, S2 is frenetic, shrill mania! I’ve laughed a bit here & there. For me the best part by far has been Fucking Carol (didn’t recognize Alanna!) At my work we had a woman we referred to as Fucking Delia, that alone made me laugh.

I didn’t mind Zosia last season but can’t stand her here. Rosie Perez has been seriously underused.

by Anonymousreply 90May 11, 2022 8:00 AM

R26 I wish Leah Remini would have another podcast or talk show--besides the Scientology stuff--that's just her unfiltered talking about anything. She's like every male Sopranos character rolled into a gorgeous, potty-mouthed, ballsy broad. I bet riding in a car with her would be hysterical.

by Anonymousreply 91May 11, 2022 12:23 PM

I also like Fucking Carol. We've all had a co-worker like that bitch, haven't we?

by Anonymousreply 92May 11, 2022 2:16 PM

I liked CIA Agent Benjamin Berry. Yum.

by Anonymousreply 93May 13, 2022 4:48 PM

Oh, guess there’s a new episode huh? Wish I was more enthusiastic about watching…

by Anonymousreply 94May 13, 2022 5:40 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95May 13, 2022 5:41 PM

No mention of Shazza Stone's appearance this week?

by Anonymousreply 96May 13, 2022 9:34 PM

So she split from her billionaire tennis player husband? Not Cassie. Kaley. I had no idea. She’s as messed up as her alter ego.

by Anonymousreply 97May 14, 2022 1:30 AM

The tennis player was the husband before him.

by Anonymousreply 98May 14, 2022 1:44 AM

The scene of Cassie at her dad's grave is really tough to watch for someone who had an alcoholic dad.

by Anonymousreply 99May 14, 2022 4:05 AM

So, is this based on the sequel to the first book or did they just go in a completely different direction?

They should have killed off Rosie Perez’s character, she and that storyline add nothing to the show.

Every scene with snow, except running through the forest, looks like set dressed and not like real snow residue.

by Anonymousreply 100May 14, 2022 8:44 PM

If you cut all the scenes with Rosie Perez, it wouldn't have any effect on the main plot.

by Anonymousreply 101May 15, 2022 5:29 AM

This Shoreh person has their PR people all over this thread. Jesus, give it a rest already.

by Anonymousreply 102May 15, 2022 6:34 AM

I'm not a Shoreh PR person, I just love her.

by Anonymousreply 103May 15, 2022 6:39 AM

Love Rosie in this as the Frau regretting the choices she made during a midlife crisis. And the guy who plays her son is hot.

Stone and the "I'm your mother and I love you, but I don't like you *slap*!" was hilariously dark. At some point I thought she was channelling Fay Dunaway with the long hair (long, flowy hair at that character's age?) and the way she talked.

by Anonymousreply 104May 15, 2022 6:41 AM

This week Kaley is dating the guy who played Ben on Ozark.

by Anonymousreply 105May 15, 2022 4:29 PM

And the oldest son on Outer Range.

by Anonymousreply 106May 15, 2022 4:42 PM

The lack of comments about Sharon Stone's appearance is interesting, considering she appears to have aged 40 years within the space of about a decade. WTF happened?!? Did she just ... give up on giving a single fuck about maintaining her looks? Even a strong chemical peel would do wonders in terms of handling her hyperpigmentation, and her jowl is about as loose as her pussy lips were 30 years ago.

[quote]So, is this based on the sequel to the first book or did they just go in a completely different direction?

The book didn't have a sequel, and its author had no say in the plot machinations in S2. (Which probably explains why so many people think it's a mess. If the most predictable character of all turns out to be Cassie's "double," namely the FBI woman played by Cheryl Hines, I'm not sure I'll be back for S3.) From what I understand, it was renewed for a second season (and potentially more) because it was the first true hit specific to HBO Max and provided a substantial subscription boost.

[quote]Every scene with snow, except running through the forest, looks like set dressed and not like real snow residue.

Most definitely. That motel diner where Megan meets up with her son and ex is the same one in the Valley outside of L.A. where they filmed one of the two "Euphoria" episodes released as Christmas specials. Even sticking a semi-opaque filter on the lens can't disguise the fact that the scenes were shot in bright (and warm) California sunlight. (Even the scene showing Rosie exiting what's supposed to be "JFK Airport" are obviously fake.)

by Anonymousreply 107May 15, 2022 8:07 PM

Jesus, who is the tiresome queen on here furiously defending this mess to the death?

The first season was an entertaining, addictive romp, but the second season is a convoluted, schizophrenic slog that makes no narrative sense whatsoever. And Cuoco's spastic acting style isn't helping. She needed a director or writing to work against that and she has neither - probably because she wanted it that way. Not to mention, the fantasy sequences where she argues with her alter-ego and horribly overdone and overused.

This could have been a great sophomore season. Instead, it's undoubtedly the last season. It's just plain bad.

by Anonymousreply 108May 17, 2022 3:49 AM

Do people just watch any crap that comes on their tv?

by Anonymousreply 109May 17, 2022 3:56 AM

Michelle Gomez is the best thing about this show, but unfortunately she's not in this season very much.

by Anonymousreply 110May 17, 2022 4:05 AM

R107 maybe not many recognized her. After reading your comment I had to go to IMDB to see who she played. Did not even register it was her when I watched the episode.

by Anonymousreply 111May 17, 2022 4:42 AM

Where was Sharon Stone, it can’t be that drab dishwater CIA director?

by Anonymousreply 112May 17, 2022 11:03 AM

I love Shohreh Aghdashloo's voice, it is very Lauren Bacall-ish.

by Anonymousreply 113May 18, 2022 10:45 PM

R112 Cheryl Hines is the CIA lady.

Sharon was Cassie's mom.

by Anonymousreply 114May 19, 2022 4:02 AM

Well, there’s kind of only one suspect left now, isn’t there?

by Anonymousreply 115May 19, 2022 4:29 PM

Okay how did Megan get seemingly from LA to Long Island in no time? She would've had to drive across country. It was Long Island not Long Beach.

by Anonymousreply 116May 20, 2022 3:10 AM

Sharon Stone's performance shows that she is ready to move into the older awards show favorite roles.

by Anonymousreply 117May 20, 2022 3:28 AM

I hate hate hate the Megan story line. It’s all tedious and feels like a different show.

I starting to hate watch.

by Anonymousreply 118May 20, 2022 3:32 AM

Ok, it’s the penultimate episode and extremely short and then tacked on at the end are all these behind the scenes self aggrandizing clips about production and special effects which basically highlights the fact that the storytelling of this season was tertiary to everything else and an afterthought.

by Anonymousreply 119May 20, 2022 7:23 AM

I… reallycan’tstand Zosia.Mamet why does she, uh, why um, does she talk. In, like, such- such a, um, fuckingirritating way?

by Anonymousreply 120May 20, 2022 12:04 PM

The twist about the other flight attendant was really anticlimactic. Considering how convoluted and underdeveloped most of the plots this season have been, that shouldn't come as any surprise. The 10,000 suicide trigger warnings slapped on the episode seemed like something HBO's legal department insisted on.

The Rosie Perez plot is so pointless. It fails Writing 101: If you can cut a scene and have the plot end the same way, that scene is irrelevant.

The CGI in this episode was SO BAD. The closeups of Kaley in the Ferris Wheel car were really obvious green screen -- when the show cut from the long shots filmed on location to the closeups, the difference was jarring. The giant teddy bear looked like it belonged in a PlayStation 2 game.

by Anonymousreply 121May 20, 2022 3:20 PM

And this wasn’t even suicide suicide, this was a spy getting out of a bad situation, not someone with crumbling mental health.

by Anonymousreply 122May 20, 2022 3:26 PM

R122 well to be fair she did seem as though her mental health was crumbling as well as being a spy in a bad situation.

by Anonymousreply 123May 20, 2022 4:06 PM

I am on episode six and I've been enjoying it but I had to throw disbelief out the window. The first season was excellent. This one is really preposterous. Every character is in a separate life-or-death game of cat and mouse with different villains.

Still, it's fun. I don't like the internal voices/alternate personalities yelling at her thing but everyrhing else is enjoyable.

by Anonymousreply 124May 22, 2022 11:14 PM

I've got to admit, I am so confused about the ending of episode seven.

by Anonymousreply 125May 22, 2022 11:22 PM

An underwhelming and predictable finale.

This season was bad. The plot was convoluted, underdeveloped and kind of a mess. The pacing was often manic.

What worked about the first season is the mystery unfolded within the context of Cassie being a flight attendant. This season gave up on that hook entirely.

Someone needs to tell Kaley that bugging your eyes out and flailing your arms around isn't acting.

If there is another season, the show needs to drop the Megan plot and all the fantasy suite sequences. They've ran their course.

by Anonymousreply 126May 27, 2022 5:50 AM

& I agree with you 100%. Is it just me or did the finale seem kinda, well, final?!?

by Anonymousreply 127May 27, 2022 5:58 AM

Ugh, I don’t know if I even care enough to spend the time to watch the last episode. How did something so fresh and captivating take a turn for the worst and turn it up to 1,000? I hate that it’s making me question if season one was really that good in the first place. I didn’t realize that the first season was based on a well known author’s novel, I guess without the source material it just fell apart. That memory palace of hers became our personal hell.

by Anonymousreply 128May 27, 2022 6:26 AM

The memory palace scenes were tedious to get through. The plot was all over the place, WTF was going on?

by Anonymousreply 129May 27, 2022 6:30 AM

Well, I think we’ve answered the question of if they can be too much Kaley Cuoco?

by Anonymousreply 130May 27, 2022 6:39 AM

I just couldn't buy that fussy queen Shane as a CIA agent.

by Anonymousreply 131May 27, 2022 6:42 AM

R128, season one was really not that good. It started off strong but went downhill episode by episode.

by Anonymousreply 132May 27, 2022 10:19 AM

The difference between the two seasons is that the central mystery of season 1, took awhile for viewers to piece together. I had most of this season's mysteries figured out well before they were revealed. And, they needed more Michelle Gomez.

by Anonymousreply 133May 27, 2022 3:53 PM

This was all right but I think I can do without a Season 3.

by Anonymousreply 134May 27, 2022 5:03 PM

The memory palace needed a visit from Sheldon Cooper.

by Anonymousreply 135May 27, 2022 5:06 PM

R128, if you're not interested in the last episode, avoid it. I lost interest halfway through it and I wouldn't call myself a demanding viewer.

by Anonymousreply 136May 27, 2022 5:07 PM

DL points for including a reference to Sees Candies and "I've Never Been To Me". Other than that, meh.

I'm glad I can cross that one off my list. I honestly wasn't really watching it in earnest the last half of the season, just sort of watching out of the corner of my eye while I did the dishes, played on my iPad, etc. I just couldn't stay interested.

by Anonymousreply 137May 27, 2022 7:53 PM

I love Gomez but her character was shoehorned in in a really stupid way.

I praised the first season above and I do think it was really innovative and fun. It operated well within its own logic.

This season operated on cartoon logic. It was Scooby Doo with an Alcoholics Anonymous agenda.

Last season, the implausible plot was about a flight attendant whose behavioral control problems cause her to become enmeshed in a real-life (in her world) spy novel.

This time, flight attendant works with the CIA. And so does her flight attendant friend. And so does the new flight attendant she meets on the airplane. Oh, and her unemployed attorney best friend and her hacker fiancé are tied up and roughed up by a murderous couple. Oh, and her other flight attendant friend is being hunted by North Koreans whose secret intelligence she stole. Oh, and she has interior multiple personalities, but all of that is real, and also real is that her gay brother gets too close to a random psychopathic girl who wants to kill her for reasons unrelated to anything else. Oh, and of course, the CIA lady is...oh boy. Enough.

I wonder how many debates the writers had about how over-the-top silly their story became. What a choice to make after a really successful first season based on a book by a talented author. I wonder how Chris Bohjalian feels about this season. I imagine he had zero input into the story.

by Anonymousreply 138May 27, 2022 8:03 PM

I thought it was kind of genius to give the viewer the very predictable ending to the main mystery and then give us the surprise twist with the podcast lady.

Is there going to be a season 3? Looked more like a series finale than a season finale.

by Anonymousreply 139May 27, 2022 8:26 PM

Deniz with a towel around his waist in the season finale.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140May 27, 2022 8:35 PM

Oh, they're clearly setting up more seasons to come. She's golden with the CIA now and primed for more wacky misadventures. Whatsherface Mamet and the hot hubby are starting a detective agency, They're practically announcing a franchise. Unfortunately, this season was so shrill and annoying, I doubt anyone would be interested in further capers now.

by Anonymousreply 141May 27, 2022 8:38 PM

Zosia Mamet looks like Primitive Woman.

by Anonymousreply 142May 27, 2022 8:42 PM

This season sucked (I bailed during episode 2) but I wonder if it would have been more watchable without Kaley's shrill, bug eyed acting.

by Anonymousreply 143May 27, 2022 8:42 PM

I appreciate the intention of showing her alcoholic impulses and past traumas, but the way that was dramatized this time made me want to turn off every episode. Two or three of those 'inner life' scenes over the course of the whole season would be sufficient.

by Anonymousreply 144May 27, 2022 8:47 PM

r144

I thought they were way overdoing the in her head moments this season

by Anonymousreply 145May 27, 2022 10:57 PM

r145 it got old really fast.

by Anonymousreply 146May 27, 2022 11:11 PM

The in the head thing didn't bother me, it just seemed like a dramatization of her ongoing internal monologue, which I thought we all had. Or, am I crazy, too? I mean I debate things with myself all the time.

by Anonymousreply 147May 27, 2022 11:12 PM

It's official: no third season. Are you cunts happy now??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148May 31, 2022 9:02 PM

[quote]I thought it was kind of genius to give the viewer the very predictable ending to the main mystery and then give us the surprise twist with the podcast lady.

Which part of the ending did you think was "very predictable"? Most of my friends watched it, and I'm the only one who correctly guessed that Cheryl Hines and the soft-butch lesbian were Cassie's doubles. (Agreed re: the podcast lady - didn't see that one coming.)

by Anonymousreply 149May 31, 2022 9:04 PM

Interesting that it’s done because just a week or so ago I saw a piece wherein the producers were bragging about having tons of story ideas for future seasons.

by Anonymousreply 150May 31, 2022 11:18 PM

I would listen to Shohreh Aghdashloo read the phone book.

by Anonymousreply 151June 13, 2022 11:44 PM

Is she trans? I thought that was going to be the big reveal. That’s a man’s voice.

by Anonymousreply 152June 13, 2022 11:53 PM

R152, she has an older Persian woman's voice gone husky from a lifetime of cigs -- it happens.

by Anonymousreply 153June 13, 2022 11:55 PM

Shohreh's ciggy voice is legendary, although it does interfere with her delivery when the sentences get long and she runs out of breath. I don't think there's a single scene on The Expanse where she didn't make at least one unnatural pause.

Loved her on Arcane most recently and had no idea she was in TFA as well, might check it out now.

by Anonymousreply 154June 14, 2022 12:07 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!