Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What's wrong with me? My throat is sore in one specific place.

Someone said it's my tonsil. What do you think it is?

by Anonymousreply 22April 21, 2022 1:35 AM

The 'rona, obviously.

by Anonymousreply 1April 21, 2022 12:26 AM

It's leprosy.

Good luck.

by Anonymousreply 2April 21, 2022 12:27 AM

That happens to me all the time OP. I doubt it's anything to worry about. Gargle with warm salty water and that will probably give you some relief.

by Anonymousreply 3April 21, 2022 12:28 AM

If you have lots of oral sex (you doing the sucking) it is important to get swabbed at the back of your throat at least once a year for STIs

I'm NOT saying this is an STI - just saying regular STI testing, including the back of the throat, is important for your own health

by Anonymousreply 4April 21, 2022 12:30 AM

And another remedy is to drink a tablespoon of dill pickle brine every couple of hours and see if that helps. The vinegar in the brine will wash over the raw area and kill any bacteria that might be present. personally I use Pepperoncini brine because it's a lot hotter than regular dill pickle brine.

by Anonymousreply 5April 21, 2022 12:30 AM

r1, I did a covid test. NEGATIVE! I am triple vaccinated anyway. r2, I have not done a leprosy test, but I made your mom wear gloves when she fisted me so I don't think that's it. Thank you, r3. I will do that.

by Anonymousreply 6April 21, 2022 12:30 AM

Could be allergies.

by Anonymousreply 7April 21, 2022 12:31 AM

R4 is right. STD.

by Anonymousreply 8April 21, 2022 12:33 AM

No, it's not an STI. No one has been near my mouth except my dog and he does not stick his tongue that far down!

by Anonymousreply 9April 21, 2022 12:34 AM

[quote] No, it's not an STI. No one has been near my mouth

R9 / OP you do realize an STI can remain dormant with no symptoms for years. You do know that, right?

by Anonymousreply 10April 21, 2022 12:36 AM

If it's only on one side it could be sinus drainage, I get that all the time.

If you have swelling from a lymph node, that could also explain it being only on one side.

Years ago I had the weirdest sore throat (from swelling) that wasn't helped by hot tea or anything, it also wasn't scratchy. Coincidentally the date I got sick was 12/1, World AIDS Day, I somehow figured it was HIV, so I went to my after-hours clinic late at night & demanded I be tested for it.

It turned out to be just a common cold, & I felt so silly afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 11April 21, 2022 12:37 AM

"[R2], I have not done a leprosy test, but I made your mom wear gloves when she fisted me so I don't think that's it."

My mom is dead. So if you're having sex with corpses, maybe that's your problem?

by Anonymousreply 12April 21, 2022 12:40 AM

You'll be fine, OP.

by Anonymousreply 13April 21, 2022 12:40 AM

Tonsil stone?

by Anonymousreply 14April 21, 2022 12:42 AM

Can I have your stuff?

by Anonymousreply 15April 21, 2022 12:55 AM

Ok, I think it's a swollen lymph node. It really hurts! And no, r15 you CANNOT have my stuff.

[quote] My mom is dead. So if you're having sex with corpses, maybe that's your problem?

That explains the smell.

by Anonymousreply 16April 21, 2022 1:04 AM

Can't tell. Open wide and say AHH

by Anonymousreply 17April 21, 2022 1:19 AM

Do you also have low grade nausea? It may be post-nasal drip on one side. Uncomfortable but not life-threatening.

by Anonymousreply 18April 21, 2022 1:23 AM

It could be that you scratched it on something you ate without realizing it OP or even that you have an irritation that got inflamed.

If it doesn't go away after a few days go see your MD

by Anonymousreply 19April 21, 2022 1:25 AM

Your date didn’t donkey punch you correctly.

by Anonymousreply 20April 21, 2022 1:27 AM

I've had it where one side of my throat is sore and it's usually a sinus infection, even if I didn't have a a runny/stuffy nose to begin with. Give it a few days, take a Covid test, and if it's neg, ask your MD about a Z-pac (sp?) and some flonase. It always works for me.

by Anonymousreply 21April 21, 2022 1:33 AM

Maybe you have tonsil stones. Ask someone you can trust if your breath smells like shit, if it does high probability you have tonsil stones.

by Anonymousreply 22April 21, 2022 1:35 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!