Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Angelyne: The Only Story You Need to Know

The trailer is out

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39February 10, 2023 5:49 PM

I can't believe they made a movie about this cunt.

by Anonymousreply 1April 20, 2022 7:32 AM

Born Ronia Tamar Goldberg

October 2, 1950 (age 71)

by Anonymousreply 2April 20, 2022 7:33 AM

What a load of shit. A series? There isn't enough to say about this useless cipher in a two hour movie.

Man, tv is really scraping the bottom of the fucking barrel.

by Anonymousreply 3April 20, 2022 7:36 AM

Ronia Tamar fuck yeah

by Anonymousreply 4April 20, 2022 7:40 AM

Will this finally prove to the world that Madonna is a serious, talented actress? It’s the role Madge had been preparing for since 2011!

by Anonymousreply 5April 20, 2022 7:42 AM

Next Up: Ivanka: Lies Upon Lies Upon Lies

Who could star?

by Anonymousreply 6April 20, 2022 7:46 AM

This is a pretty great article/expose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7April 20, 2022 7:49 AM

This looks incredibly depressing.

by Anonymousreply 8April 20, 2022 7:49 AM

I wonder how much money Angelyne was paid...I guess she no longer has to live out of her car.

by Anonymousreply 9April 20, 2022 5:41 PM

Is it true she's a Trumper?

by Anonymousreply 10April 22, 2022 6:51 AM

Christ, anyone with $20 bucks and too much time walking past Rage in WeHo could meet this bitch. A limited series? My CPA has more mystique.

by Anonymousreply 11April 22, 2022 7:01 AM

Yaaaaaaaaaawn.

by Anonymousreply 12April 22, 2022 7:12 AM

She turns real nasty if you don’t buy the T shirt.

by Anonymousreply 13April 22, 2022 7:15 AM

She'll cut you!

by Anonymousreply 14April 22, 2022 7:20 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 15April 22, 2022 8:53 PM

She doesn't just want you to buy a T-shirt. She'll take you to the grocery store and buy a week's worth and expect you to pay; she'll expect you to fill up her gas tank; and then there are the posters, homemade DVDs, Angelyne-scented car air fresheners, etc.

by Anonymousreply 16April 22, 2022 9:01 PM

Are they recreating this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17April 22, 2022 9:29 PM

You mean Renee Goldberg.

"Copies of immigration, marriage and death records pointed to a cloaked prehistory of Renee Tami Goldberg (originally Ronia Tamar Goldberg), which seems to reveal the trauma Angelyne had both emerged and escaped from. She was born in Poland on Oct. 2, 1950, the daughter of Polish Jews who’d met in the Chmielnik ghetto during World War II — they were among 500 to survive out of a population of 13,000, the rest sent to death at Treblinka

she’s the locally raised daughter of Holocaust survivors, a Jew who has found refuge in shiksa drag"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18April 22, 2022 10:04 PM

She was paid one million. Despite having a producer credit she has distanced herself from the series and has denounced it several times. She was also very critical of Emmy Rossum and her portrayal of her.

Angelyne genuinely believes that only she and no-one else should portray her in any biopic (despite the fact that she is nearly 72 and to portray herself from teenager to present day would require massive amounts of CGI on or beyond an Industrial Light and Magic scale not to mention acting skills for starters).

Oddly enough, despite being an obscure celebrity who is mostly limited and confined to the Los Angeles area, she seems to sell a ton of merch (which she also has a warehouse filled with) both in person and online in spite of the high prices she sets.

by Anonymousreply 19May 19, 2022 7:58 AM

I also forgot to mention that both of her albums and some of her singles are sought after collector's items which tend to sell for a small mint online.

by Anonymousreply 20May 19, 2022 8:00 AM

Even though I think the movie won't have much of a story to tell, Angelyne really is an LA legend. I have seen her several times throughout the years. Driving by in her pink car a few times and seeing her across the street waiting for the light to change in her big bouffant hair and cat eye sunglasses. I had an out of town visitor one year and he commented on the billboards throughout Hollywood of Angelyne on them. Lo and behold we were crossing the street one day and there she was. My guest was enthralled seeing the woman on the billboards in the flesh. I lied and told him she was 80! LA Legend indeed.

by Anonymousreply 21May 19, 2022 9:11 AM

I read the THR article and it just made me think - why is it so necessary to uncover exactly who this woman was / is? The interviewer was so invasive - and to what end? This woman has worked and hustled her entire life to create this persona. What does the reporter get by ripping that down to the studs? What does the world gain from knowing exactly who Angelyne is, other than what she says she is? The character seems harmless enough and provides some level of joy to the community she is in. Why can't we leave things just at that? It is a rather harmless mystery which seems to only be enjoyed because of the mystery and what her manufactured image represents.

by Anonymousreply 22May 19, 2022 9:29 AM

She sells her ratty tees for over $70 and people buy them.

More power to her, I say!

by Anonymousreply 23May 25, 2022 9:58 AM

R22 you have good points. There is also the minor denouement that Angelyne in her dotage became a scam hustler and a disagreeable person. Sure people are free to individually experience that, and step away, or be lucky and get a good interaction. That is all. But your point is taken.

by Anonymousreply 24May 25, 2022 10:27 AM

R24

by Anonymousreply 25May 25, 2022 12:09 PM

R25 🤢🤢🤢🤮🤮🤮🐷🐷🤡🤡🤡

by Anonymousreply 26May 25, 2022 12:15 PM

Her t-shirts just went from $80+ to $100+ and are now being manufactured and sold through RedBubble. There must be a character limit because her shop is under the name OfficialAngel.

by Anonymousreply 27May 26, 2022 5:24 AM

Those visor sunglasses are cool.

by Anonymousreply 28May 26, 2022 6:23 AM

Angelyne has now joined Cameo and wants a whopping $900 for a personalized video from her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29June 2, 2022 3:49 AM

What the fuck is “Peacock?”

by Anonymousreply 30June 2, 2022 3:51 AM

R30 NBC/Universal's streaming service.

by Anonymousreply 31June 2, 2022 3:55 AM

That video at r17 pisses me off.

She might be an asshole, but she has the right not to be filmed. So she covered her face but couldn’t see where she was going and fell. When she says “this is your fault,” she’s right.

And the piece of shit just keeps filming her when she falls. If she has swung a Thompson sub machine gun at him and blew him away, I would have cheered.

by Anonymousreply 32June 2, 2022 3:55 AM

R32

by Anonymousreply 33June 2, 2022 4:43 AM

I thought this was funny- It's from someone that went on a ride with her.

Now, I could be wrong here, but inside the grocery store, I think Angelyne stole a small bucket of potato salad. Maybe macaroni salad. But it was a mayo-based salad of sorts. I didn’t see her buy it, and she encouraged me to buy something as we exited the store.

“Get a magazine,” she told me, as we hurriedly walked through the checkout together, Angelyne sneaking behind me toward the exit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34June 2, 2022 5:04 AM

FF fusspot at r33

Block or don’t block. End of.

by Anonymousreply 35June 2, 2022 1:27 PM

R33 🤢🤢🤮🤮🤮

by Anonymousreply 36June 2, 2022 2:39 PM

" When a young woman with dreams of fame rents a billboard to advertise herself, her life changes overnight."

No, that is not the Angelyne story. It's the plot of the 1954 movie "It Should Happen To You" starring Judy Holliday and introducing Jack Lemmon. Thirty years later Angelyne did it in real life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37June 2, 2022 3:07 PM

I read on Datalounge years ago that Don Knotts was one of her benefactors. Anyone else hear of that?

by Anonymousreply 38June 3, 2022 4:19 AM

I wonder what part of LA she lives in now. Her old Malibu condo was ... something.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39February 10, 2023 5:49 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!