Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Does anyone actually like Peeps?

They're just marshmallow and don't really taste of anything.

I see a bunch of posts on Twitter from people acting like they're addicted to them or that there's any danger of someone eating a ton of them on Easter, and it just all seems performative and stupid.

by Anonymousreply 27April 19, 2022 3:56 AM

Example

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 18, 2022 6:39 PM

Yes, my partner, who is 47, and my 20 year old nephew.

My partner likes them for the nostalgia, eats one small box a year. The nephew will take anyone's leftovers when they've gotten stale. He also likes those terrible Circus Peanuts.

by Anonymousreply 2April 18, 2022 6:42 PM

An episode of Murder, She Wrote, but the victim is a philandering husband who is poisoned by arsenic-sugared Peeps.

by Anonymousreply 3April 18, 2022 6:48 PM

Peeps come in lots of different flavors. The gingerbread Xmas ones are pretty good. I saw Hot Tamale Peeps at the drugstore a couple of weeks ago,

by Anonymousreply 4April 18, 2022 10:15 PM

They're good to make chocolate peanut butter smores fudge with. By themselves, no.

by Anonymousreply 5April 18, 2022 10:17 PM

I miss the WAPO Peeps diorama contest.

by Anonymousreply 6April 18, 2022 10:24 PM

R6 My all time favorite was the persistence of memory peep show.

by Anonymousreply 7April 18, 2022 10:50 PM

I'll have to look that one up, r7.

I liked so many. "Power to the Peeples" protest one was good, too

by Anonymousreply 8April 18, 2022 11:16 PM

Oh god I’m a peeps lover. I even buy a yankee peeps jar candle before Easter.

by Anonymousreply 9April 18, 2022 11:28 PM

Poke little holes in the celophane wrapping and wait a few months and you have Peep Jerkey.

by Anonymousreply 10April 18, 2022 11:31 PM

In January 2018, employees at Just Born in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania went on strike. They would soon be making Peeps for Easter. Strikers chanted "No Justice, No Peeps." Company settled, increasing salaries and retaining pension plan.

by Anonymousreply 11April 18, 2022 11:32 PM

Lol, that's hilarious, r11.

Of course I'm sure now they are owned by a giant corporation.

by Anonymousreply 12April 18, 2022 11:41 PM

I hate them, they're as bad as candy corn.

I had a coworker who loved them, but she would wait until they aged & hardened, she said they were more delicious that way.

I read in People that Teri Hatcher likes them just like that! I clipped the article/blurb & sent it to my friend.

Gross! (But I love Teri nonetheless)

by Anonymousreply 13April 19, 2022 12:30 AM

I prefer Pepsi over Coke. Always have. When I have a Pepsi Zero Sugar I’m happy.

by Anonymousreply 14April 19, 2022 12:32 AM

Now I'm curious about Peeps recipes. Or as they say here, "hacks" 🙄

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15April 19, 2022 12:34 AM

R2 My sister loves stale Peeps I'll have to suggest trying stale Circus Peanuts to her. Must be something about stale sugar....does sugar go stale?

by Anonymousreply 16April 19, 2022 12:34 AM

This is the only peep I like:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17April 19, 2022 12:36 AM

I think they are gross and could never make it past the first bite. However, the idea of a Halloween peep being flame-toasted and smashed inside of a smore is kind of intriguing to me.

by Anonymousreply 18April 19, 2022 12:36 AM

I've seen some of the new flavored peeps that look interesting, but haven't tried them yet.

by Anonymousreply 19April 19, 2022 12:38 AM

I like to put peeps in my boyfriends ass and eat them out

by Anonymousreply 20April 19, 2022 12:52 AM

R8, did John actually write the song because he thought Peeps were being ignored socially?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21April 19, 2022 12:54 AM

[quote]He also likes those terrible Circus Peanuts.

R2 I had a pregnant co-worker who was addicted to Circus Peanuts. She stashed them in a desk drawer and would wolf them down a few times a day. This was back in the day of cube farms so she had her privacy. I was flattered that she confided in me.

by Anonymousreply 22April 19, 2022 1:26 AM

Stick them in the microwave for a couple of seconds and they’re delicious.

by Anonymousreply 23April 19, 2022 1:33 AM

My mom loved stale peeps. 🤢

And circus peanuts.

I only like taking the peeps and putting them in the microwave and watching them swell up like the Hulk.

by Anonymousreply 24April 19, 2022 1:46 AM

I can eat one peep per year at Easter time. More than that is just too sweet.

by Anonymousreply 25April 19, 2022 1:49 AM

Roast them over a camp fire

by Anonymousreply 26April 19, 2022 3:46 AM

I am a Peeps geek. I bite the heads off of them, then toss the bodies in a pile to make peeps jerky.

The best of both Peeps world's.

by Anonymousreply 27April 19, 2022 3:56 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!