Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Biden's public approval rating up three points to 45%

From this week...

U.S. President Joe Biden's public approval rating rose this week to 45%, boosted by stronger support from within his Democratic Party, according to a Reuters/Ipsos opinion poll completed on Tuesday. The two-day national poll found that 50% of Americans disapprove of Biden's job performance as the country struggles with high inflation and Russia's invasion of Ukraine has pushed geopolitical concerns to the fore. Biden's approval rating has been below 50% since August and last month sunk to the lowest levels of his presidency. But his rating rose in recent days by three percentage points, up from 42% in a Reuters/Ipsos poll conducted March 28-29. Further increases, if sustained, could assuage the rising concern in the Democratic Party it could lose its narrow congressional majorities in the Nov. 8 midterm elections, which would torpedo Biden's legislative agenda. In a positive sign for Democratic enthusiasm, Biden's approval rating within his own party rose to 82% from 75% the prior week. Only 15% of Republicans approve of his job in office. The Reuters/Ipsos poll is conducted online in English throughout the United States. The latest poll gathered responses from a total of 1,005 adults, including 443 Democrats and 381 Republicans. It has a credibility interval - a measure of precision - of four percentage points.

by Anonymousreply 57July 30, 2022 6:04 AM

So, his numbers are improving. He's getting blamed for things he has no control over, of course, which is why his numbers are low to begin with - the pandemic, inflation which is happening worldwide, and supply chain issues, some of which are now being caused by Texas' rogue governor.

by Anonymousreply 1April 15, 2022 9:46 PM

Finally. I have been on the Joe bandwagon since day one. He's doing the very best he can given the almost insurmountable odds.

by Anonymousreply 2April 15, 2022 10:03 PM

What the hell is Biden doing wrong? Nothing. I think he's doing a flat-out amazing job. And factoring in so many things in crisis, Joe Biden is an outstanding president.

What the fuck do people want? Always remember the alternative. And no fucking way can we go back to the criminal Trump or the Repigs in general at all!!

Cheers for President Biden!

by Anonymousreply 3April 15, 2022 10:09 PM

Inspired by a thread asking what JB could do to raise his poll numbers, I'm guessing he'll make an unannounced visit to Europe this Easter weekend, maybe even meet Ukraine's President Zelenskyy for a photo op. Afterwards he'll meet with U.S. service members at one of the US bases, probably in Germany. Both he Jill could go.

Anyone else think so?

by Anonymousreply 4April 15, 2022 10:10 PM

These popularity polls are beyond meaningless, no matter who the President is.

First off, all the people who voted against a president are going to say he or she is doing a terrible job.

Secondly, all that matters is what happens on Election Day.

by Anonymousreply 5April 15, 2022 10:14 PM

538's average of the major polling organizations show Biden's approval at 41.6%

by Anonymousreply 6April 15, 2022 10:22 PM

r5 they're a good marker as to how well the President is doing in creating perception. I see a lot of attacks against Biden for no reason, blaming him for things he has no control over, and it's not getting a lot of pushback from the usual left wing pundits because they have never been enthusiastic about Biden. So their messaging wins the day. Biden's doing a lot of good things, but the amount of pure bile and lying coming from other parties with their own agendas is crowding the conversation.

by Anonymousreply 7April 15, 2022 10:25 PM

Bump, because I'm tired of the trolls spamming the site with negative Biden posts.

by Anonymousreply 8April 16, 2022 5:51 AM

R8 so am I.

by Anonymousreply 9April 16, 2022 10:18 AM

To be honest, Russian propagandists and trolls are a bit busy these days, you know, having to explain to us why they are shelling cities, killing civilians, etc.

by Anonymousreply 10April 16, 2022 10:59 AM

R8 That may be in direct response to the people whose political opinions donโ€™t extend beyond โ€œthe GOP sucksโ€. Okay sure but what about the guy in charge? Heโ€™s not exactly doing a bang up job.

And aside from the fact that gas prices and inflation are tied to decisions Biden has made, many of you blame COVID on Trump as if he can control what a virus does. Biden has WAY more control over our economic problems than Trump ever had over COVID.

by Anonymousreply 11April 16, 2022 11:01 AM

R11 you are simply wrong.

Please explain how the worldwide inflation is directly tied to Biden. It is not just happening in the US. Only myopic people with no sense of international commerce think that.

Please explain how Biden has done anything but improve the situation Trump left us in in regards to COVID, and the amount of grifting and thievery that Trump enabled with his initial flailing attempts to address the Covid crisis, when ignoring it didn't work. Trump turned Covid into a political issue, which led to thousands of unnecessary deaths (and still is).

Please explain how Biden is to blame for the red state governors doing everything they could to make Covid worse and the economy worse, up to including the current tactic the Texas governor is undertaking, to slow trade down coming into the US.

Biden is doing an excellent job, with shit coming at the US from all fronts. We knew whoever got the job after Trump would be cleaning up all sorts of shit - that would be more than enough! and then you add the pandemic in and the geopolitical instability with Russia thinking they would take advantage of the situation by taking over Ukraine, he has done an astounding job navigating this. What he has done, often quietly, through diplomacy, will be studied for decades to come as an exemplary example of how to deal with a clusterfuck of biblical proportions.

by Anonymousreply 12April 16, 2022 4:04 PM

Bump, because I want attention! Me, me, me! But really, I'm curious whether anyone else thinks similarly to my post at r4.

Really, doesn't anyone want to take odds on that happening?

by Anonymousreply 13April 16, 2022 9:19 PM

No, the WH press room has said unequivocally that he's not going to take a train through active war zone Ukraine to meet with the PM in a secret area in the capitol because that would be foolish, but we will find out soon enough if he spends Easter with the troops.

by Anonymousreply 14April 17, 2022 1:33 AM

R12 your comment is so hyper partisan that you sound like a maga Trump supporter. I voted for Biden and I can't even take your comment seriously.

by Anonymousreply 15April 17, 2022 1:48 AM

R15 it's not hyper-partisan if it's true. I'm not here to point out every thing he could have done better. If you chose to read it as "he's made no mistakes" that's your own projection.

And I think it's interesting that you chose to critique my comment over the "Biden is useless yet responsible for all bad things" post above. You're a Democrat, I'm sure - we always attack our own.

by Anonymousreply 16April 17, 2022 2:38 AM

R7 and r 16 are the same person. He probably thinks Biden can do no wrong and he walks on water. It doesn't matter to him how fucked up things are right now. You could tell he is privileged and can afford to pay more for necessities. The privileged Biden voter in a nut shell.

by Anonymousreply 17April 17, 2022 10:02 AM

R17 yes, I made both posts, I wasn't pretending otherwise.

You can go fuck yourself. Stop blaming Biden for shit that isn't his fault, and please don't even START with the pretending that Republicans are the party of the "working man" or the "oppressed". You are so very full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 18April 17, 2022 10:12 AM

R17 you are also R15 and your cover is blown. You clearly aren't a Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 19April 17, 2022 10:15 AM

R19 neither are you sane you have blown your cover for been a left leaning nutjob. You are the left version of the maga idiots.

by Anonymousreply 20April 17, 2022 1:18 PM

R20 yeah, exactly as I thought. You couldn't even hold it together for more than a few posts.

by Anonymousreply 21April 20, 2022 12:22 AM

Today's RCP average a new low for Biden

39.3 % approval

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 13, 2022 4:36 PM

Probably a bump from Millennials who were enrolled in the now-defunct Corinthian "college" and got their student loans erased.

by Anonymousreply 23June 13, 2022 5:03 PM

i don't think we'll see a president with approval ratings that sustain over 50% anymore.

40% on either side will never budge across partisan lines. And the rest are too fickle to commit to anything for too long.

by Anonymousreply 24June 13, 2022 5:15 PM

AOC won't support Biden 2024 candidacy and Dems are concerned about Old Joe

by Anonymousreply 25June 13, 2022 5:18 PM

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ–.๐Ÿ— %

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26June 13, 2022 7:05 PM

R7 but he is responsible for Burisma, I mean the Ukraine getting $54 billion of our tax $$$

by Anonymousreply 27June 13, 2022 7:11 PM

so it's up!

by Anonymousreply 28June 13, 2022 7:13 PM

(^.^) yes it's up like the price of gas, cars, rents and the national debt. Unfortunately stocks are way down!

by Anonymousreply 29June 13, 2022 7:56 PM

None of this matters.

Jerome Powell is actually our president, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 30June 13, 2022 8:03 PM

When I was in school they said 38 was less than 39 which was less than 40, but that's a Euro-centric view of things we must go beyond.

by Anonymousreply 31June 13, 2022 8:04 PM

[quote] Biden's public approval rating up three points to 45%

Can we please stop bumping this? People get excited only to find out the numbers are hitting new lows.

by Anonymousreply 32June 13, 2022 9:18 PM

Lots can change between now and 2024 people might grow to like Biden more

by Anonymousreply 33June 13, 2022 9:29 PM

[quote]Can we please stop bumping this? [bold]People get excited only to find out the numbers are hitting new lows. [/bold]

Hmm.

In that case, people, bump the shit out of this everyday. Every damn day.

by Anonymousreply 34June 13, 2022 9:50 PM

538 now has his polling average at 39.7%

Not good.

by Anonymousreply 35June 13, 2022 11:40 PM

My prediction is that shortly after the midterms Obama will tell Biden politely but firmly not to run again, with the unspoken threat that Obama will endorse somebody else if he does.

by Anonymousreply 36June 13, 2022 11:46 PM

New record low approval

RCP 39.6

At the same point

Trump 41.1

Obama 57.2

by Anonymousreply 37June 22, 2022 10:35 PM

Today 538's average of polls has Biden's approval even lower at 39.3%

by Anonymousreply 38June 22, 2022 11:05 PM

I wouldn't be too concerned until the number hits 35%.

by Anonymousreply 39June 22, 2022 11:09 PM

๐‘๐‚๐ ๐๐ข๐๐ž๐ง ๐€๐ฉ๐ฉ๐ซ๐จ๐ฏ๐š๐ฅ ๐‡๐ข๐ญ๐ฌ ๐๐ž๐ฐ ๐‹๐จ๐ฐ 37.4

NYT/Siena Biden Approval 33%

Well below Trump and Obama at the same stage

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40July 11, 2022 2:20 PM

Although over 60% of Americans do not want him to run again for a second term. I hope he doesn't become the next RBG

by Anonymousreply 41July 11, 2022 2:27 PM

1. Clinton and Obama also were unpopular around the midterm elections. Not THIS unpopular , but it was a less polarized time.

2. It's really not clear Democrats have a better candidate.

3. Voters are really children. You can't change this, so if there were a Democrat who was clearly stronger than Biden I would support that person, but there isn't.

by Anonymousreply 42July 11, 2022 2:32 PM

The President of Ski Lanka was chased out of his Presidential Palace. He took the suitcases and he could carry and fled to safe waters offshore in a Navy Patrol ship.

btw the Green President ordered the peasants to farm without chemical fertilizer so at the next international climate conference he could stand up proudly the Greatest Green Leader of All.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43July 11, 2022 2:38 PM

[quote]NYT/Siena Biden Approval 33%

Got DAYUM son! ๐Ÿ˜‚

by Anonymousreply 44July 11, 2022 2:59 PM

That bitch is really hitting it out of the park!

by Anonymousreply 45July 11, 2022 3:06 PM

This bummed me out in the NYT story.

โ€œIโ€™m just going to come out and say it: I want younger blood,โ€ said Nicole Farrier, a 38-year-old preschool teacher in East Tawas, a small town in northern Michigan. โ€œI am so tired of all old people running our country. I donโ€™t want someone knocking on deathโ€™s door.โ€

Ms. Farrier, a Democrat who voted for Mr. Biden in 2020, said she had hoped he might have been able to do more to heal the nationโ€™s divisions, but now, as a single mother, she is preoccupied with what she described as crippling increases in her cost of living. โ€œI went from living a comfortable lifestyle to I canโ€™t afford anything anymore,โ€ she said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46July 11, 2022 3:08 PM

[quote] Got DAYUM son!

We'll be fine. I'm not going to panic until that number goes below 30%.

by Anonymousreply 47July 11, 2022 10:13 PM

[quote] We'll be fine. I'm not going to panic until that number goes below 30%.

We'll be fine. I'm not going to panic until that number goes below 50%.

We'll be fine. I'm not going to panic until that number goes below 40%.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48July 12, 2022 2:05 AM

Thank God for the internet. Otherwise, my generation and many of those after wouldn't be aware of this clown show back in the day that so beautifully explains the current situation. And this was pre-mental decline.

I was literally a toddler when this bs happened.

That said, how is it that he got any boomer votes. Didn't they remember this shit, lol?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49July 12, 2022 4:47 AM

Is there any chance Hunter Biden might come in as somewhat younger blood? Now that's a dick and party policy that I would support.

by Anonymousreply 50July 12, 2022 4:11 PM

R33 you mean like the furthering of Biden's cognitive decline?

by Anonymousreply 51July 12, 2022 9:05 PM

How much has Jill's approval rating dropped thanks to her comments about Hispanics?

by Anonymousreply 52July 12, 2022 9:07 PM

Are there actually approval ratings on Jill Biden? R52

by Anonymousreply 53July 12, 2022 9:11 PM

Joe doesn't really care

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54July 26, 2022 7:17 AM

I would still vote for Biden in the 2020 election. With trump, there was no other choice for me. I am disappointed in Biden, though.

by Anonymousreply 55July 26, 2022 8:33 AM

R53 Yes and guess what?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56July 30, 2022 5:47 AM

That's what she gets for politicizing the noble taco

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57July 30, 2022 6:04 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!