Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The New and Even Worse Commercials You're Hating-Spring/Summer 2022

The insipid new Liberty Mutual spot with the two guys knitting. The French Bulldog has more personality than the actors.

by Anonymousreply 553November 6, 2023 7:27 PM

Lume deodorant you can use on your pits to the balls….. of your feet.

by Anonymousreply 1April 7, 2022 9:51 PM

Speaking of Liberty Mutual, I want Doug inside of me *right now.* Limu can watch, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 2April 7, 2022 10:11 PM

Anyone notice there are now so many commercials for patio bricks. The obnoxious old fart with the hillbilly sons was one thing, but they're all crawling out of the woodwork. Or flagstones.

by Anonymousreply 3April 8, 2022 3:37 AM

Yes Liberty Mutual has joined the list of the most hateable commercials in the history of TV. The ad agency should be blown up with all the employees no matter what they do still inside.

by Anonymousreply 4April 8, 2022 4:01 AM

Is that Dustin Lance Black in the "tastes like chicken" Perdue spot? After all, who would know more about what chicken tastes like?

by Anonymousreply 5April 10, 2022 4:03 PM

If that time machine thing worked in yet another paving stone commercial, the whole barbecue would be underwater.

by Anonymousreply 6April 11, 2022 2:58 PM

The Infiniti spot with the screeching musical instruments mauling "Thus Spoke Zarathustra".

by Anonymousreply 7April 16, 2022 3:53 PM

That time machine paving stone commercial shows Mom holding her son 5 years into the future, then Dad walking his daughter down the aisle 25 years on, post transition surgery one would guess.

by Anonymousreply 8April 20, 2022 10:40 PM

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse, we have the Liberty Mutual emu marriage ceremony.

by Anonymousreply 9April 27, 2022 4:35 PM

I'm going to shoot the TV like Travis Bickle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 1, 2022 4:34 PM

If I see one more "dripping your urine into a plastic bottle while you sleep" commercial, I'm gonna throw up.

by Anonymousreply 11May 5, 2022 2:36 AM

The Progressive Dr. Rick and his misfits "going to the movies" spot in cringe-worthy, especially when he tells the woman two seats away not to applaud at the end of the film because "no one who made the movie is here". What? Fuck you, Dr. Rick. It's a sign of respect.

by Anonymousreply 12May 5, 2022 3:00 PM

This stupid ad from J.C. Penney. If a friend or relative ever got that excited about shopping there, I'd have him committed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 5, 2022 4:19 PM

I hate that stupid Leaf Filter commercial where Jaws from James Bond has trapped a bunch of Frau cunts and their close male relations inside a banquet room at a Golden Corral lecturing them about their trashy quickly deteriorating domeciles and the dangers of ladders. Then it cuts to some uptight prisspot who scolds her feeble old dad that she told him to knock it off. But like she has to know he does it himself because it's not like she's lifted one single figure to help him with a god-damned thing since mom died.

by Anonymousreply 14May 17, 2022 5:28 AM

R10, the commercial is driving me MAD!!!!

by Anonymousreply 15May 17, 2022 5:35 AM

The Spectrum, or whatever, internet provider commercial with JD and Turk from Scrubs singing to the tune of “I Feel Pretty”. God I hate that commercial.

by Anonymousreply 16May 17, 2022 5:41 AM

That stupid Cars 4 Kids commercial has been going on the radios for years and it's a HUGE GRIFT. According to Charity Watch, they make over 30 million a year and it all goes to an Orthodox Jewish organization which runs day camps for kids to make "non-Orthodox Jews more observant,” with 80% going to the NY and NJ area.

by Anonymousreply 17May 17, 2022 6:40 AM

Lol that Nutrisystem commercial with Marie Osmond is like it's 50. And then you know what I said to my cats "oh do like half as old as you Marie. But like her face is like brand spanking new.

My dad once called to ask me if I wanted that food the Marie Osmond eats because someone had left a case at his door. That's what I look forward to about getting old is that you often get random ass food left at your door. Although that did happen to me a few years ago when I found a plastic bag on my porch with half a loaf of wheat bread and several packets of McDonalds Paul Newman dressing packets.

This other time a woman paid for my groceries. She probably felt pity because I looked like such a slovenly bum. All I was buying were a bunch of Torino's frozen pizza and like a case of cat food. It was quite fortuitous though because it left me with an extra $12 which I then spent at the liquor store for like 1000 ml Canadian Host the bottom of the bottom shelf whiskies which I developed a taste for after my dad gifted me a bottle after we reconnected after 12 years of estrangement. I've come to appreciate it's delightful citrusy notes but it really is in fact terrible.

by Anonymousreply 18May 17, 2022 6:40 AM

Lol that Nutrisystem commercial with Marie Osmond is like it's 50. And then you know what I said to my cats "oh do like half as old as you Marie. But like her face is like brand spanking new.

My dad once called to ask me if I wanted that food the Marie Osmond eats because someone had left a case at his door. That's what I look forward to about getting old is that you often get random ass food left at your door. Although that did happen to me a few years ago when I found a plastic bag on my porch with half a loaf of wheat bread and several packets of McDonalds Paul Newman dressing packets.

This other time a woman paid for my groceries. She probably felt pity because I looked like such a slovenly bum. All I was buying were a bunch of Torino's frozen pizza and like a case of cat food. It was quite fortuitous though because it left me with an extra $12 which I then spent at the liquor store for like 1000 ml Canadian Host the bottom of the bottom shelf whiskies which I developed a taste for after my dad gifted me a bottle after we reconnected after 12 years of estrangement. I've come to appreciate it's delightful citrusy notes but it really is in fact terrible.

by Anonymousreply 19May 17, 2022 6:40 AM

I do like that lovely looking man in the pupporoni ads. He reminds me of a young greasy Kiefer Sutherland and would throw a mean fuck. After I rubbed his sore cock of course.

by Anonymousreply 20May 17, 2022 7:24 AM

I’m beginning to like those Spectrum commercials with the cabal of spooky characters - the vampire, the mummy, etc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21May 17, 2022 9:15 AM

Has anyone done a wellness check on R18?

by Anonymousreply 22May 17, 2022 9:18 AM

ewan mcgregor's Expedia !!!!!! so shitty

by Anonymousreply 23May 17, 2022 11:26 AM

He has to start lining the coffers now, R23: divorce and child support can be extremely draining on the purse strings (and balls).

Wonder if Wife #3 worked on the Expedia commercial set.

by Anonymousreply 24May 17, 2022 12:05 PM

Two commercials now with the obese dancing red haired guy. So they dare cast him in a Dunkin Donuts spot?

by Anonymousreply 25May 17, 2022 5:35 PM

Sassy woman singing:

I don’t get de-hy-DRAT-ed! I don’t get de-hy-DRAT-ed!

(Repeat for 30 seconds)

by Anonymousreply 26May 17, 2022 5:49 PM

Metro Imaging. Each of the obnoxious people in the ad need to be punched in the face repeatedly.

by Anonymousreply 27May 17, 2022 6:57 PM

Sick to death of JB Smoove screaming his lines in all the Caesars online app gambling commercials. I'm certain he's just playing himself in everyday life.

by Anonymousreply 28May 18, 2022 3:24 PM

The google Pixel commercial with the Lizzo song about skin complexion, this post was the first thing I thought about when I first saw that commercial. That it’s not listed here would only be non surprising if that commercial got its own entire page for how much it is absolutely despised which knowing this group, and certainly hoping 🤞, is the case.

by Anonymousreply 29May 23, 2022 4:16 AM

Let's see...

- "Can I eats it?" - Libberty bibbity or whatever the hell. -Any bingo/slots commercial -The Medusa commercial. Sometimes they play it with the Perseus line, sometimes they don't. It's dumb either way if you know anything about mythology, but without it, it's really awful and anti-male. Plus, like all Amazon ads, it's on all the time if you watch certain sports. - "I'm an actual neuroscientist."

I realize not all of these are new, but they've all aired during this time period.

by Anonymousreply 30May 23, 2022 4:24 AM

R29, that's one of my least favorites as well. The subtext is "all the other cameras are yt ppl shit"

And it's from fucking Google, where they've adopted the opposite of "don't be evil" and harvest your data to sell with no transparency. Data doesn't have a race.

It's more race grievance, which is ridiculous. As though white people were conspiring to make black people take poorly lit pictures this whole time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31May 23, 2022 4:31 AM

Everybody in drug commercials is fat now. Diabetes, heart, stroke commercials - all fat actors.

by Anonymousreply 32May 23, 2022 4:45 AM

The ad with the "hard-of-hearing" lady who interrupts the actors in the western she's watching to speak up because she's hard of hearing. HEY LADY! HOW ABOUT TURNING THE CLOSED CAPTIONS ON BEFORE YOU START WATCHING? If I were deaf, I'd be insulted by this ad.

by Anonymousreply 33May 23, 2022 5:01 AM

Google years ago used to have some gay comm that they would run.

by Anonymousreply 34May 23, 2022 5:29 AM

The yoga pants commercial or whatever it is with a fat black chick launching herself into the air and falling back down in slow motion. Um... dumb.

by Anonymousreply 35May 23, 2022 6:48 AM

The cutesy Chic-Fil-A commercials about a company that is vehemently anti-gay/trans. The cheap as shit KFC commercials with overpriced fried chicken (notice they don't advertise the prices anymore?) and no one playing the Colonel.

by Anonymousreply 36May 23, 2022 1:31 PM

A bucket of KFC runs about 40 bucks now.

by Anonymousreply 37May 23, 2022 4:28 PM

The fucking car commercial with the parents coming home from a PTA meeting and are so afraid of their teenaged daughter, Mom promises her use of the car to end the little shit's interrogation of them.

by Anonymousreply 38May 26, 2022 10:06 PM

R34 that was this commercial.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39May 26, 2022 10:14 PM

I hate the car commercial using the song Wild World by Cat Stevens. And I’m very disappointed that Cat is a sell-out to corporate America.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40May 26, 2022 10:27 PM

The preachy safety belt commercial where they break the news to the mom that her son died in an accident because he wasn’t wearing his seat belt.

by Anonymousreply 41May 28, 2022 4:13 AM

"He had a hot ass, ma'am, but it couldn't last forever. Sorry for your loss."

by Anonymousreply 42May 28, 2022 5:53 AM

R41-It's in pretty bad taste considering it's still airing after the Texas massacre.

by Anonymousreply 43May 28, 2022 3:12 PM

OTOH, I still enjoy this ad, though I've seen the short version several times. Sizzle, baby.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44May 28, 2022 6:10 PM

The commercial in which some idiot is asked to name his favorite food and he names "buffet". couldn't be any dumber.

by Anonymousreply 45May 28, 2022 6:16 PM

THOSE FUCKING UBER EATS COMMERCIALS

by Anonymousreply 46May 28, 2022 6:25 PM

It’s for Hampton Inn or some other hotel chain that shows a girl with Down’s Syndrome having breakfast with her dad and she pours chocolate and maple syrup over her fully loaded Belgian waffle. Like she doesn’t already struggle with Down’s, now he’s going to let her become diabetic too?

by Anonymousreply 47May 28, 2022 6:40 PM

I hardly ever see commercials? What shows are you guys watching?

by Anonymousreply 48May 28, 2022 6:42 PM

An ad for some kind of online/home schooling thing. The announcer talks about kids struggling to find their career path: "BUT NOT OUR SYDNEY!"

by Anonymousreply 49May 28, 2022 7:35 PM

One that I'm loving is the True Classic Tee commercials. Both guys are hot but especially the bearded guy.

by Anonymousreply 50May 28, 2022 7:45 PM

The Skyrizi commercials which they seem to keep remixing with different genres of music.

by Anonymousreply 51May 28, 2022 8:07 PM

From the same hospital that gave you that fucking stupid Christmas commercial last year with the unicorn in the ICU, comes the spot with the 57 year old "Sunshine On My Shoulders" Having a baby at the age of 57. Yeah, sure. After a brain tumor.

by Anonymousreply 52June 9, 2022 12:55 AM

More hate for fucking Skyrizi. All the rip-off Medicare Part C commercials, especially the one with a hideous JJ Walker squalling “MONEEE!”

by Anonymousreply 53June 9, 2022 1:05 AM

R53 JJ Walker's Medicare commercial ties with Broadway Joe Namath's version. They both make me cringe. JJ looks like he's had skin grafts and Joe looks like Bela Lugosi's offspring.

by Anonymousreply 54June 9, 2022 1:41 AM

LOL r54 Broadway Joe really does look like the living dead at this point! And it’s like he can’t even open his eyes - perhaps because the sunlight burns!

by Anonymousreply 55June 9, 2022 1:45 AM

There’s a commercial here in the Bay Area for a pipe refitting company, that airs a commercial during every news broadcast. In it a fat (I mean 350+lbs)guy singing opera goes to take a shower wearing a shower cap & robe…he disrobes & starts scrubbing & singing in the shower.

The gross part is that his boobs sag down to his hips! I usually eat dinner during the news, but I have to look away, it’s so gross.

by Anonymousreply 56June 9, 2022 1:48 AM

Those non-stop Serena Williams Ubrelvy commercials give ME a migraine!

by Anonymousreply 57June 9, 2022 1:53 AM

[quote]One that I'm loving is the True Classic Tee commercials. Both guys are hot but especially the bearded guy.

Oh I so want to have a threeway with those guys, r50. They play it too much but I enjoy the eye candy!

by Anonymousreply 58June 9, 2022 2:07 AM

I think it's a drug commercial. with some some guy singing. "I got my hair on my head"? I hot my hands on my head?" The lyrics are so difficult to understand and it's the same for many commercials.

**barely audible whisper** "This is the sound of nature breathing..." WHAT?!? SPEAK UP!!!

by Anonymousreply 59June 9, 2022 2:21 AM

Anybody else old? There was a huge football player - maybe in the 70s or 80s - who knitted or crocheted, as a hobby. He'd talk about it on late night chat shows, but I can't remember his name. But he was a big star.

by Anonymousreply 60June 9, 2022 2:38 AM

Rosey Grier.

by Anonymousreply 61June 9, 2022 2:43 AM

He also told Bobby Brady it was ok to be a canary.

by Anonymousreply 62June 9, 2022 2:44 AM

Strike that. It was Peter Brady that was the canary.

by Anonymousreply 63June 9, 2022 3:08 AM

THANK YOU, R60. I hate when I can't remember somebody's name.

And R62 was it Rosey who told Bobby Brady it was ok to be a canary? He weighed like 350 pounds!! Interesting.

I loved that guy - now I can look him up, it says Roosevelt Grier became an actor - and it was needlepoint.

America needs more eccentrics! I feel like we're losing them.

by Anonymousreply 64June 9, 2022 3:09 AM

Oops I was typing my R64 while you were posting the correction. Now I gotta look up Peter Brady lol. I thought he was the cute one on the Brady Bunch lol.

by Anonymousreply 65June 9, 2022 3:11 AM

Sorry to be so off-topic but another eccentric I miss is Quentin Crisp. A former rentboy (in London) who said he was looking for love but all he got was abuse. Boy was he idealistic.

Anyway, as an elderly guy, 60 I guess, he moved to New York (after being a theatre actor I think) -- anyway, he left his phone number in the phone book and encouraged just anybody to call him as he lived alone and loved to talk to people - just anybody. (he was on the Letterman show a lot)

His apartment was a hovel - and he said if you don't clean for 3 years, it plateaus and never gets worse - but you have to stay the course and never give in and start cleaning! (in parts of my home, I've found that to be true -- but I haven't been able to convert all my living space into a hoarder's paradise. Maybe one day I can find the gumption to do it, in honor of dear old Quentin)

by Anonymousreply 66June 9, 2022 3:16 AM

Those Michael Buble soft drink commercials are terrible. Not creative at all.

by Anonymousreply 67June 9, 2022 3:20 AM

It's not airing right now but the one where the woman is in tears about her palm sweat. An anti-perspirant commercial. It's so fake.

Right now it's the one where the guy shows up in a full suit, rents a van, surfs, comes back, and doesn't just hug, but hug-attacks the "cool black guy" who rented it to him. Ew.

by Anonymousreply 68June 9, 2022 3:23 AM

R64: Rosie Grier is remembered, too, as the man who cradled Bobby Kennedy's head as he lay dying from the assassin's bullet.

by Anonymousreply 69June 9, 2022 3:29 AM

OMG - I didn't know that! Didn't someone place a rosary in his hand as he lay dying?

by Anonymousreply 70June 9, 2022 3:33 AM

[quote]Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse, we have the Liberty Mutual emu marriage ceremony.

All I want to know is: What did Kevin know and when did he know it?🙊

by Anonymousreply 71June 9, 2022 3:34 AM

Where do you guys see these commercials? I only watch youtube and occasionally hulu, but I don't think hulu has commercials??

I wonder was percentage of the population still sees commercials? You like have to watch regular broadcast tv, right?

Sorry if this is a stupid question - maybe I'm the only one who has left my former life, where I watched tv shows and sports event and such, without streaming them or whatever without ads

by Anonymousreply 72June 9, 2022 3:36 AM

* I wonder WHAT percentage

by Anonymousreply 73June 9, 2022 3:36 AM

Two are bugging me right now:

Insurance Flo's blonde sister (Flo in a bad wig.) who shuts the door in Flo's face. I don't get it, is it supposed to be funny? Cause it ain't! At least Flo is bundling with "Tom Hamm" now. That's kinda cute.

The older black guy with his wife pushing Nutrisystems and he gets choked up while trying to give his reason for losing weight. Can't speak and looks off into the distance as his wife tells him "it's all right." Oh brother! What a sappy ad.

by Anonymousreply 74June 9, 2022 4:03 AM

R69 I loved her on In Living Color. Also known as "The Refrigerator" because she cast off suitors unworthy of her. She danced like a vengeful angel and choreographed her soul In Living Color!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75June 9, 2022 4:07 AM

I hate those True Classic Tees commercials with those dude-bros. The dialogue is really stupid. I think they are going for clever and meta, and I bet the bear one with a beard is just as obnoxious in real life, as he seems in the ad. I also hate the Grifter Christian commercial that is all about sending money to help the elder Jews. It's the Christian duty to help the Jews they say, Jews far away in other lands. Their plea used to be to help the old Jews in Russia, and now it's the old Jews in Ukraine. Guess they had to switch it when anything Russian became unpopular. They have these staged scenes of bringing food to the old Jewish women in peasant clothing, who look like they are living in a barn. It's probably filmed in New Jersey. Someone should investigate where that money really goes that these scammers collect. It's not going to old Jewish women in Russia or the Ukraine.

by Anonymousreply 76June 9, 2022 6:46 AM

The itchy talking dog

Tom Selleck getting defensive about reverse mortgages

Depression with the cardboard faces

by Anonymousreply 77June 9, 2022 6:59 AM

I’m sick of Candace, who works from home. If the bitch is home all the time why does she need to bother with pee pants?

by Anonymousreply 78June 9, 2022 7:12 AM

[quote]I also hate the Grifter Christian commercial that is all about sending money to help the elder Jews. It's the Christian duty to help the Jews they say, Jews far away in other lands. Their plea used to be to help the old Jews in Russia, and now it's the old Jews in Ukraine... Someone should investigate where that money really goes that these scammers collect. It's not going to old Jewish women in Russia or the Ukraine.

I think Mike Huckabee is connected to those ads, r76, so for sure it’s some kind of scam

by Anonymousreply 79June 9, 2022 12:37 PM

"The peanut butter box is here" for Chewy. Worst possible voices to match those dogs. The Brit voice sounds like he was recording with a dick in his mouth.

by Anonymousreply 80June 9, 2022 2:02 PM

[quote]If the bitch is home all the time why does she need to bother with pee pants?

You don’t want to sit on her couch.

Trust.

by Anonymousreply 81June 9, 2022 5:00 PM

The Youtube ad with the woman shrieking that "Cole was my miracle child." Her voice is like nails on a chalkboard. I blame Marlo Thomas for this.

by Anonymousreply 82June 9, 2022 5:23 PM

R80, I assume that the voice of the St. Bernard in the Chewy commercial is based on Mel Blanc's voice of Willoughby, the big dumb dog in the 1940 Warner Bros. cartoon "Of Fox and Hound". He's chasing a fox and keeps asking his companion "Which way did he go, George?", not realizing that George is the fox. George is smart and keeps sending Willoughby running off in the wrong direction, which Willoughby keeps falling for, to the extent of finally running off a cliff. The cartoon was a parody of Steinbeck's story "Of Mice and Men" -- I always thought it was mean to make fun of such a tragic tale, but I still can't help laughing at it.

by Anonymousreply 83June 9, 2022 5:42 PM

[quote] "Which way did he go, George?",

Exactly how many punctuation marks do you think you need?

by Anonymousreply 84June 9, 2022 5:45 PM

R72 it’s called live tv and a lot of people watch it everyday.

by Anonymousreply 85June 9, 2022 5:56 PM

R83-Willoughby did not have a British accent.

by Anonymousreply 86June 9, 2022 6:04 PM

R86, I don't hear a British accent from the St. Bernard in the Chewy ad.

R84, one comma in the quote and one after it -- two different speakers.

by Anonymousreply 87June 9, 2022 6:07 PM

The St Bernard definitely has a working-class British accent.

by Anonymousreply 88June 9, 2022 6:13 PM

Pelaton. Any of their commercials. I hate them all. Kars 4 Kids. This commercial is on during the local news every night. I've just started muting commercials and unmuting when the news comes on.

by Anonymousreply 89June 9, 2022 6:20 PM

The worst thing about the Ukranian Jews commercial is that it's FIVE FUCKING MINUTES LONG. I have to change the channel, then forget to change it back and miss Jules introducing the mystery house.

by Anonymousreply 90June 9, 2022 6:29 PM

Itch. Scratch. Itch itch scratch

Can’t. Mute. Fast enough

by Anonymousreply 91June 9, 2022 7:13 PM

WTF is up with that daytime ad running on MSNBC for the weird witch-doctor/psychic promising to reunite loved ones? Subliminal messaging?

by Anonymousreply 92June 9, 2022 8:00 PM

That bitchy Dad Cab guy in the HPV vaccination ad. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 93June 9, 2022 10:55 PM

I hate that commercial with the butch blonde lady with the big sunglasses. There's something wrong with her eyes and she's trying to sell pills. There's something sinister about her that I don't trust.

by Anonymousreply 94June 9, 2022 11:03 PM

You know that’s Ginni Thomas, right R94?

by Anonymousreply 95June 9, 2022 11:20 PM

Seeing Ginni in sunglasses is far more preferable to seeing Giant bugging Marty Feldman eyeballs.

by Anonymousreply 96June 10, 2022 2:09 PM

The Alexa commercial with the older couple. She clearly has dementia. I don’t hate her because she acts like she has dementia or that she’s ugly. I just dislike this commercial because it’s shown too often and makes me uncomfortable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97June 10, 2022 4:22 PM

The one (for some medicine) with a little half-white half-Asian kid who is SO ugly, poor thing. Then he smiles and he's even uglier.

by Anonymousreply 98June 10, 2022 4:27 PM

Azo feminine pills. The woman is checking out with three boxes for her crotch stink and telling the clerk "This is for feminine odor and this one is for blah blah blah" and the cashier says "Feminine hygiene aisle, right?" Well where the fuck else would those pills be? In the produce section?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99June 10, 2022 4:39 PM

Does Capital One know their tall bear is a rightwing Breibart troll??

by Anonymousreply 100June 10, 2022 9:00 PM

R97 I love that commercial. The first time I saw it, I had tears in my eyes. And the music is beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 101June 11, 2022 5:42 PM

The more I see that commercial, R101, the more I think the actress is not very skilled (overacting) and that it is the husband who supposed to be infirm.

Yes, the music and sentiment are touching, but the casting director could have done better.

My $.02

by Anonymousreply 102June 11, 2022 6:02 PM

R101 I think that commercial is lovely.

And the guy who plays the husband as a young man is gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 103June 11, 2022 6:12 PM

Jesus Christ, how I LOATHE this commercial! I gather he's one of those so-caller "influencer," whatever that is.

And it matters not what channel/what type of programming I watch-- MSNBC, CNN, INSP (don't judge--I'm a TV Western fiend!), Sundance, STARZ, Military History Channel, Smithsonian, WEtv, ViceTV, etc etc etc.

Dude is like that ugly troll MSNBC has been pumping and pushing on viewers, "OI'M [bold]MEDHI HASAN,[/bold] AND OI DONT HAAAVE AN INSOYD VOICE! BUT OI'M SMAARTER THAN YOU, AND YOU *WILL* LISTEN!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104June 11, 2022 6:54 PM

R101 is wishy washy

by Anonymousreply 105June 11, 2022 6:59 PM

R101 probably flicks her bean to the Jimmy Walker MONEE commercial.

by Anonymousreply 106June 11, 2022 7:00 PM

That iced tea commercial they show at least twice in a complete commercial break with “Pour Some Sugar on Me.” And speaking of commercial breaks and long commercials the St. Jude commercials which now purposely takes up half the commercial set cause they know people are always changing it and coming back a minute later. So depressing, this way if it makes you contemplate suicide you have plenty of time to make up your mind. Some people like to have the tv on when they’re getting it on, right? What happens when that St. Jude commercial comes on right as things are getting hot and heavy? Usually it’s your own kids that are supposed to kill your sex life. Because of these commercials when I’m watching Xvids or any xxx sites on my iPad I make sure to have the remote as near by as possible. Thankfully the new remotes out aren’t looking as much like lotion bottles like they used to 😝

by Anonymousreply 107June 12, 2022 12:01 AM

Lol r107. Or the ASPCA commercials? I would never fuck with those on.

by Anonymousreply 108June 12, 2022 12:04 AM

I fuck while watching emus get married.

by Anonymousreply 109June 12, 2022 4:42 PM

Dropps “drop the bad stuff” laundry commercial with all the deformed and misshapen. Well the first guy taking his shirt off was gorgeous and had a rockin washboard but it went downhill fast. Don’t know if woke also stands for body image but this is one of those commercials,

by Anonymousreply 110June 13, 2022 10:52 AM

I was watching Hulu today and saw two Progressive ads with Flo and Jon Hamm. It took me about 20 seconds to realize that was Jon cause he is looking weirdly waxy, swollen and... different. Not sure if it's aging or he had some bad surgery/fillers but whatever it is he has hit the wall hard.

For the person earlier who said they watch Hulu and Youtube and never see commercials, there are 2 levels of Hulu: premium and ad-sponsored. Also you can pay for Youtube Premium and it eliminates ads, so some of us poors still see those annoying commercials

by Anonymousreply 111June 14, 2022 6:18 PM

Janelle Monae’s Cadillac commercial. She was absolutely the last person that I thought would sell out like that.

by Anonymousreply 112June 14, 2022 6:27 PM

The Alexa "Only Have Eyes For You" commercial bugs me because as the younger couple the man is a full head taller than the girl. Now that they're old it looks like she's taller than him. So it makes me wonder a.) she was a child at that dance and grew at least a half a foot; b.) the man has severe osteoporosis and shrunk a half foot or c.) she is remembering some other hot dude from years ago while dancing with the old man.

by Anonymousreply 113June 14, 2022 6:32 PM

And why does the song start over in the middle of the verse? Is that how Alexa works?

by Anonymousreply 114June 14, 2022 6:46 PM

"Ring" has an ad with chef Cat Cora shilling their in-home alarm system. Whoever hired her is doing a disservice because she has zero personality, charisma or acting ability. She is so stiff and the dude they have with her is almost as bad. They should have hired two puppets.

by Anonymousreply 115June 14, 2022 9:16 PM

Also R115, her eyes are bloodshot and nasty.

by Anonymousreply 116June 14, 2022 10:21 PM

What’s up with that citi commercial with the AOC look alike doing the conga up the escalator LOL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117June 14, 2022 10:25 PM

The one with Jimmy Walker yelling at the screen...D-Y-N-O-M-I-T-E...I swear I just switch channel everytime he comes on...and he comes on quite often...are people who work in those ad agencies retarded and are their clients even more so ?

by Anonymousreply 118June 14, 2022 11:04 PM

No gas no squeegee? No gas no squeegee.

That one is getting on my last nerve.

Someone above mentioned that MSNBC has Kars 4 Kids on a lot lately and I can't turn the channel fast enough when it comes on. The other night I was in the kitchen and stuck listening to the whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 119June 14, 2022 11:54 PM

Jimmy Walker is even uglier than when he was younger.

by Anonymousreply 120June 15, 2022 1:00 AM

I still want to find out what Kevin knows and why Doug doesn't it revealed at Emu's wedding.

by Anonymousreply 121June 15, 2022 1:41 AM

It's a gay wedding.

by Anonymousreply 122June 15, 2022 4:49 PM

Some commercial for womens's mental health supplements over the internet. (Its on Hulu ALL the time). There's some albinoish woman staring at a bottle of pills.like a lover in it.

by Anonymousreply 123June 15, 2022 5:17 PM

I saw one about them making clothes out of recycled bottles they pick up by all sewage near the beach, forgot the name of the brand but it sounds disgusting. Not as much as a hoax as this one other commercial that runs at night about miracle water they claim is beyond holy water that cures disease and illness. I saw it aired during a Gillian’s Island marathon which is about how seriously I’d take to this bs. In fact I’d more so drink their bathed in and bathroom used island water and believe it to be more miraculous than the Jesus water they’re selling.

by Anonymousreply 124June 15, 2022 5:22 PM

I really hate the customer in this commercial for weinersnitchel. She's trying way too hard to be Jennifer Aniston.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125June 19, 2022 9:02 PM

Wienerschnitzel is still in business? Last time I heard of them was in the Albert Brooks movie "Lost in America."

by Anonymousreply 126June 20, 2022 1:25 AM

R125 A commercial with zero POC , that is rare.

by Anonymousreply 127June 20, 2022 6:23 AM

The old lady with the baby looking over the Grand Canyon. I have to hit Mute and look away.

by Anonymousreply 128June 20, 2022 2:22 PM

Those infomercials for Shriner’s Hospital. Any infomercials using hasbeen or B & C list celebrities promoting skin care products and such.

by Anonymousreply 129June 20, 2022 4:58 PM

This one for Acura. Is that what passes for singing now?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130June 20, 2022 7:46 PM

R118, I've been seeing those damn Jimmy Walker Medicare ads on Nickelodeon channels! Along with the Barbie Doll, Lunchables and Froot Loops ads. Guess it's never too soon to get kids thinking about Medicare.

by Anonymousreply 131June 20, 2022 8:33 PM

Jimmie is so ugly to the point of being offensive.

by Anonymousreply 132June 21, 2022 12:56 AM

The Visiting Angels commercial with the old lady wearing what looks like the wig Norman Bates wore at the end of Psycho. She plays a piano and looks so creepy.

by Anonymousreply 133June 21, 2022 9:57 AM

The one where Jennifer Aniston is shilling some sort of protein drink. It's so guazy and new-agey you just want to ask how many millions she got paid to do it.

by Anonymousreply 134June 21, 2022 12:53 PM

R134-Is that the stupid one where she can't sleep?

by Anonymousreply 135June 21, 2022 1:50 PM

Another vote against the obnoxious Karen cunt in the J C Penney ads. If only I had an assault rifle handy.

by Anonymousreply 136June 21, 2022 2:21 PM

You leave Gladys alone, R133!

She was Teddy Roosevelt’s nanny!!

by Anonymousreply 137June 21, 2022 5:06 PM

The one where a the children strip while announcing “Cover up my skin? Not meee!”, while a million pedophile and pederast hearts ‘n palms begin a thumpin’.

by Anonymousreply 138June 21, 2022 5:47 PM

R138 Thoshe commercialsh are my favoritesh!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139June 21, 2022 6:21 PM

r109, NOT TODAY KEVIN!

by Anonymousreply 140June 21, 2022 6:26 PM

No, 135, she just mouths a bunch of shit about best lives and pictures of her with her old nose pop up now and again. Then she plays a record.

by Anonymousreply 141June 21, 2022 7:52 PM

No, R134, its some lame thing where she spouts some platitudes while pictures of her living her best life flood the screen. Then she plays a record while acting like she lives simply.

by Anonymousreply 142June 21, 2022 8:23 PM

I’m grossed out by these ads for a product that compiles stories from senior citizens and then binds them into a book. It’s extremely condescending to older people. I’m hissing just thinking about it.

by Anonymousreply 143June 22, 2022 12:23 AM

"Now that we're up, who wants French Toast"?

by Anonymousreply 144June 22, 2022 3:43 PM

I hate the employment commercial (UpWork) in which the announcer introduces Talia from Texas and "her favorite shade of green," and the bitch rudely corrects him with, "It's actually Salem Clover." Who would hire such an annoying creature?

by Anonymousreply 145June 22, 2022 3:51 PM

The GMC pick up truck where the man smacks his friends hand before he touches his truck’s “command center” with his Cheetos covered fingers.

by Anonymousreply 146June 22, 2022 4:00 PM

R125 I can see what you mean. The way she delivers her lines and her reaction is very 90's sitcomy.

by Anonymousreply 147June 22, 2022 4:15 PM

I’m watching Facts of Life repeats on Logo this afternoon. The promos and commercials are a stark reality check that 40 years have gone by and the innocence of the girls hot wiring the school van compared to commercials with a bunch of porn ho’s in VH1 Basketball bitches is sickening

by Anonymousreply 148June 22, 2022 8:11 PM

I agree, R138. Why would a little kid be so loath to "hide my skin"? It sounds like some kind of exhibitionist fetish, which is troubling in a nine year-old.

by Anonymousreply 149June 22, 2022 8:50 PM

R149 is a perv

by Anonymousreply 150June 22, 2022 8:55 PM

Silly me, R149. And here I thought they were saying they were not embarrassed to show their psoriasis skin anymore. I need to pay more attention.

by Anonymousreply 151June 22, 2022 9:53 PM

I hope you're right, R151. But the tone of voice doesn't suggest your interpretation and I find it creepy.

by Anonymousreply 152June 23, 2022 12:44 AM

How has nobody mentioned the ad for the AquaCare shower head with the dumb cunt taking a shower with her face mask on?? She screams into her mask as the dirty, germs water rains down on her. Good god!

Followed by Vivica A Fox’s Car Shield ad where she looks freshly embalmed. Her tits are gelatinous.

by Anonymousreply 153June 23, 2022 6:18 PM

The latest CarShield commercial that sounds like a Republican political ad. Your God-given right to save money is under attack!

by Anonymousreply 154June 23, 2022 9:00 PM

I noticed that too, R154. Et Tu Car Shield???

by Anonymousreply 155June 23, 2022 10:59 PM

Just saw this ad on TV. The guys are cute but something about it is annoying.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156June 27, 2022 5:55 PM

All the pharm ads all the fricking time. They must be making boatloads of cash to have all those ads out there.

by Anonymousreply 157June 27, 2022 6:18 PM

I ALSO have noticed how fat women are in commercials now....like, fukkit, im an unhealthy cow and dont care.....geez

by Anonymousreply 158June 27, 2022 6:35 PM

The Uqora commercial where the bitch proudly shares that she had 8 UTIs in one year. Stop wearing thongs and clean yourself, bitch!

The Safelite commercial where the woman is on her MORNING walk with friends. She gets notified that her service tech will be at her house between 4:00 and 4:30 pm, then tells her friends, "I have a few more minutes!" Um, if you're on your morning walk, and have a 4 PM appointment, you have all fucking day!

R59, that's Nina Simone singing that horrid song on the vitamin commercial. I can't stand that ad!

by Anonymousreply 159June 27, 2022 8:01 PM

Is there anything worse right now that the ubiquitous commercials with the “get your docs in a row” song for people who are too stupid to know how to make a doctor’s appointment?

by Anonymousreply 160June 27, 2022 9:08 PM

The Chevy truck commercial- “my command center”.

by Anonymousreply 161June 27, 2022 10:00 PM

The newest anti tobacco commercial has those Ned from South Park people that sound like robots with that device they apply to their neck. This is like a best of compilation almost looking like they’re ready to bust out their own rendition of We Are the World or something.

by Anonymousreply 162June 28, 2022 5:52 AM

"What's the future?"

"Do fish get thirsty?"

by Anonymousreply 163June 28, 2022 4:37 PM

I’m sick of those Stoppette commercials.

Every damn time.

by Anonymousreply 164June 28, 2022 4:48 PM

WTF happened to Jon Hamm's face?

by Anonymousreply 165June 28, 2022 5:50 PM

The drive time shield or whatever where the dude talks about his failed plans of a bubble bath and pedicure for the afternoon. He’s annoying AND ugly.

by Anonymousreply 166June 28, 2022 10:28 PM

Another for the anti tobacco commercials with the black “poet” quoting how their main target is the black and the stupid. Bullshit. Again trying to make it a black and white issue ONLY. Last I checked the Asian community outnumbered the black and white community heavily where I live in the SGV portion of Los Angeles and many of the biggest cities here in the US for that matter. And that’s exactly who you see smoking more than anyone. But spin it in the direction you want to get your point across. Kind of a Fox News approach but ok.

by Anonymousreply 167June 30, 2022 1:09 AM

This one, the woman leaves the cute guy to get Tacobell 🤮 What are they insinuating ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168July 5, 2022 11:04 AM

R168 That she prefers to eat tacos over hanging out with men?

by Anonymousreply 169July 5, 2022 12:11 PM

Lil Caleb better watch his ass now that lil Sebastian is grifting for the Shriners.

by Anonymousreply 170July 6, 2022 1:51 AM

Caleb must be 40 by now. He may have brittle bone disease but he wasn't expecting an enlarged prostate.

by Anonymousreply 171July 6, 2022 1:59 AM

I get the impression that Caleb and Sebastian are forced to make these commercials for Shriners.

by Anonymousreply 172July 7, 2022 11:32 AM

The Medicare Advantage plans that always harp on the "extra benefits YOU DESERVE."

Advantage plans are only for the ultra poor who never leave town. Anyone else is a damn fool to sign up for one.

What? You like having a fucking health insurance company saying what doctors you can see, the drugs they will subsidize, and the types of care you can have?

by Anonymousreply 173July 7, 2022 11:43 AM

[quote]What? You like having a fucking health insurance company saying what doctors you can see, the drugs they will subsidize, and the types of care you can have?

Isn’t that virtually every healthcare plan out there?

by Anonymousreply 174July 7, 2022 1:09 PM

Not Medicare. You healthcare is between you and your doctors. No healthcare insurance company in the middle of it.

by Anonymousreply 175July 7, 2022 1:15 PM

McDonalds has an ad showing a backyard party - closeup on a woman and her gay friend looking dismal. They stand next to a backyard table, looking disappointed that the party seems to be a bummer/very low key. Prissy friend is holding a Tupperware container and suddenly states he changed his mind on sharing the potluck dish he brought to the party. Then a new friend shows up, arms loaded with bags of McDonalds food and these two perk up and are now happy to be at this party. Like a few bags of barely warm burgers and limp fries are the solution to any celebration.

I want to punch both that woman and the friend because their attitudes are so catty -- you know those two whisper in the coffee room and are mean girls about everyone in their friends group.

by Anonymousreply 176July 7, 2022 8:34 PM

[quote]The latest CarShield commercial that sounds like a Republican political ad. Your God-given right to save money is under attack!

Yes, it is vile, R154. That ad is targeted to the fox/trump viewers. Bullet points focused on "freedoms."

Notice, too, how they echo the Medicare messaging in loudness and the repetitive refrain of the CarShield telephone number. It's as though they are trying to establish a false connection between Medicare and CarShield, whatever and whoever the latter is.

Another low for the repugnantcans. What other subliminal messages are being conveyed through commercials?

by Anonymousreply 177July 7, 2022 8:51 PM

R176, I found your description, as well as your editorial, absolutely hilarious.

You’re cute as a button.

Thanks for the laugh, I needed it.

by Anonymousreply 178July 7, 2022 10:21 PM

R176 one Saturday at work a woman brought us a bag of jr whoppers and double cheeseburgers from Burger King. Its still one of my favorite days.

by Anonymousreply 179July 8, 2022 1:06 AM

I love the Dr. Rick commercials.

by Anonymousreply 180July 8, 2022 2:02 AM

I’m with you, r180. I can’t get enough of them.

by Anonymousreply 181July 8, 2022 2:12 PM

Pushy Grandma in the Subaru. I have boxer shorts with the same pattern as her wrap. Unsettling.

by Anonymousreply 182July 11, 2022 4:19 AM

Kermit the frog serenades black people moving into the Fresh Prince mansion.

by Anonymousreply 183July 11, 2022 4:39 AM

R183-WHAT?

by Anonymousreply 184July 11, 2022 5:04 AM

R183 Are you talking about this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185July 11, 2022 5:27 AM

Amazon Prime - featuring John Batiste. The musical arrangement is just off by enough to be annoying.

by Anonymousreply 186July 11, 2022 6:06 AM

R186 - I didn’t know who that was. I thought he was supposed to me a rip-off of Little Richard.

by Anonymousreply 187July 11, 2022 1:10 PM

R186 I noticed that Batiste was missing from a couple recent Colbert shows that I caught. Has he quit the show?

I think I remember his wife has leukemia. Hope she hasn't taken a turn for the worst.

by Anonymousreply 188July 11, 2022 2:04 PM

R188 No reason was mentioned, but it probably is because of his wife

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189July 11, 2022 2:10 PM

Thanks R189. Hope his wife will be ok but AML is a beast.

by Anonymousreply 190July 11, 2022 2:33 PM

The one where a middle age insurance asshole on the sidewalk causes a black driver, distracted by trying to figure out what the asshole is doing, crashes his car into another vehicle. Don’t know what insurance company it’s for, have to switch it off as soon as it comes on.

by Anonymousreply 191July 11, 2022 2:37 PM

R191, that's a well-known actor whose name escapes me right now. He was on SITC for a couple of episodes as Carries FWB and a detective on one of the NBC police dramas. The insurance is Allstate. His video "will get 10s and 10s of views." That line cracks me up!

by Anonymousreply 192July 11, 2022 2:58 PM

What’s with that “lemons and lemons” ad. I assume they’re trying to be off the wall zany, but then again I try to make it out to be a Gertrude Stein piece. In any event, it gives me a sick headache.

by Anonymousreply 193July 11, 2022 3:19 PM

R186 I hate it. It’s 80s style crappola and super annoying mostly because of repetition

by Anonymousreply 194July 11, 2022 5:10 PM

I agree with you, Cosmo, on the 10s and 10s of views line. I laugh in spite of myself.

by Anonymousreply 195July 11, 2022 5:25 PM

[quote]The Uqora commercial where the bitch proudly shares that she had 8 UTIs in one year. Stop wearing thongs and clean yourself, bitch!

R159 Thank you! And what a strange couple. Is he the partner she had that year?

by Anonymousreply 196July 11, 2022 6:05 PM

How about the one for Leaf Filter where an impossibly large group of well-dressed, highly engaged people are happily sitting through a seminar on gutters?

by Anonymousreply 197July 11, 2022 7:55 PM

Batiste is off for the summer to be there for is wife and to appear in the movie musical, "The Color Purple".

by Anonymousreply 198July 12, 2022 2:38 AM

R197 I mentioned that and their spokesman Trapjaw.

by Anonymousreply 199July 12, 2022 5:55 AM

Can preview commercials for upcoming shows count? If so Crank Yankers, first 5 seconds there’s already a peepee and vagina “joke”back to back. As lowbrow, lowest common denominator as it gets. But that’s one trick pony Comedy Central for you. If it ain’t South Park, what’s the point? They haven’t had any decent in their original programming since Chappell besides their obvious cash cow. Not only that but in 2022 with smartphones and caller ID and spam blocker, how does Yankers even manage to stay relevant? That’s the first thing that crossed my mind when I found out they were bringing it back. If it’s all completely staged now, that kind of defeats what’s even left of its appeal for anyone desperate for anything to watch.

by Anonymousreply 200July 12, 2022 9:49 AM

I watch Tubi for the old movies, no paid tier available.

They don’t run too many ads, but they’re all quite ghetto.

by Anonymousreply 201July 12, 2022 10:03 AM

Fucking liberty mutual insurance with the minions. The noise that commercial omits is unbearable upon repeated views/listens.

by Anonymousreply 202July 12, 2022 10:21 PM

R202 And now the minions are used in other commercials...either Denny's or Wendy's. I don't remember; I turn it off immediately.

by Anonymousreply 203July 13, 2022 2:18 AM

The Jurassic Park dinosaur tie-ins with other commercials.

by Anonymousreply 204July 13, 2022 2:19 AM

That lume inventor doctor frau who is basically trying to convinced us all we need deodorant now for fucking everywhere all so she can make a buck.

by Anonymousreply 205July 13, 2022 2:29 AM

What happened to Gabriel’s legs?

by Anonymousreply 206July 13, 2022 2:31 AM

R206 ??

by Anonymousreply 207July 13, 2022 2:36 AM

In California, there's a commercial running to encourage people to get vaccinated for COVID. It features this stumpy girl traipsing through town with her backpack, wearing this stupid grin on her face the whole time.

I don't know why, but there's something about her face that makes me want to punch it.

by Anonymousreply 208July 13, 2022 1:07 PM

R205 that Lume inventor bitch is the worst. I’m so tired of her nasty commercials stinking up my life whenever I watch tv.

by Anonymousreply 209July 13, 2022 2:40 PM

The one with the photographer who says that age is just a number and hers is unlisted. Thank makes her at least 75.

by Anonymousreply 210July 13, 2022 2:54 PM

Those hideous fraus complaining they can't shit.

by Anonymousreply 211July 13, 2022 10:18 PM

Win $10,000 for losing weight? Are they out of their fucking minds?

by Anonymousreply 212July 14, 2022 1:55 AM

Free your gut!

by Anonymousreply 213July 14, 2022 5:13 AM

I hate JJ Walker. Joe Namath I can forgive, because he wore fur coats and pantyhose when I was a lad, but not JJ and his delivery of the word "money".

by Anonymousreply 214July 14, 2022 5:37 AM

Why did Amazon get someone so ugly for their Prime day commercials.

by Anonymousreply 215July 14, 2022 5:39 AM

R191 and R192 his name is Dean Winters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216July 14, 2022 6:08 AM

Thank you, R216! I drew a blank on his name. It should be noted that I am also a poster on the "Signs You're Getting Old" thread.

by Anonymousreply 217July 14, 2022 2:44 PM

R217 Be sure to check out this thread. You should be pleased!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218July 14, 2022 3:46 PM

R218, thank you!

by Anonymousreply 219July 14, 2022 6:12 PM

Those retarded kids hawking blankets for Shriner's Hospital. They should be suffocated with them.

by Anonymousreply 220July 14, 2022 6:56 PM

R220, those kids are physically disabled, not mentally/intellectually impaired. But I do hate their cloying, manipulative commercials. It's a good cause with a bad method -- they probably do raise a lot of money for the hospital, just not from me.

by Anonymousreply 221July 14, 2022 7:05 PM

If I hear "Don't Worry, Be Happy" whistled one more goddamned time ...!

by Anonymousreply 222July 14, 2022 10:58 PM

The emu helping out at the car repair shop. Please make it stop.

by Anonymousreply 223July 15, 2022 12:32 AM

I like Dean Winters, especially when he gives that little cackle at the end of the commercial where he distracts that driver and causes him to crash into a garbage truck. (The driver's subsequent glare is great.) He should make that cackle his trademark and do it in every commercial.

by Anonymousreply 224July 15, 2022 2:02 AM

R74, the sister asked Flo to come over to talk about insurance because she couldn't get her baby to sleep. After about10 seconds of Flo babbling about bundling, the kid nods off. "Shh! Sleeping baby!"

by Anonymousreply 225July 15, 2022 2:27 AM

I can't believe it took over 200 replies before someone mentioned Lume. "Butt suds." WTAF???

by Anonymousreply 226July 15, 2022 3:18 AM

R220=Ted Bundy

by Anonymousreply 227July 15, 2022 4:27 AM

The new Old Navy commercial with the supposed "internet influencer" shouting "I'm in an Old Navy commercial"

by Anonymousreply 228July 15, 2022 4:36 AM

For the new Audible commercial with all the trans people, I always thought of all the celebrities in the world Ray Ramono has the most common profile. From Hispanics to Filipinos to fellow actors, one who even guest starred as his cousin. Never in my wildest imagination did I ever expect to see a trans man with the identical features of a Ray Ramono like in the new Audible commercial. If that’s what they were going for, well, 🤷🏻‍♂️It’s a common look to blend in with others so I guess things could have gone worse. But it’s a real trip to see and probably not exactly a “compliment” anyone wants to hear.

by Anonymousreply 229July 17, 2022 10:59 AM

Romano that is

by Anonymousreply 230July 17, 2022 11:02 AM

All of a sudden, that FUCKING Intel/Dell commercial with legions of workers whistling 'Don't Worry, Be Happy' is running neck and neck with Joe Namath's screetchy Medicare Advantage screeds and and Colonial Penn 'Three Ps' commercials in terms of frequency. Jesus PETE!!! Every other minute!

by Anonymousreply 231July 17, 2022 11:23 AM

"Everybody Damp Rid!"

I wonder how much C&C Music Factory got paid to let 'em use that.

by Anonymousreply 232July 17, 2022 11:44 AM

I don't have cable/broadcast TV anymore, but when I did, I never registered commercials. It was weird; my brain checked out during commercials. Some jingles or gimmicks would lodge in my head but I never connected them with what products were being sold. There was some caveman selling some kind of insurance, I think, but I have no clue what it was. I do know the Geico gecko and the LiMu emu, but I have always had Allstate insurance and no cute animal suggests to me why I would ever consider switching.

by Anonymousreply 233July 17, 2022 2:14 PM

I already hate the little girl running after her friend en route to McDonald's, crying "Wait! Wait! Wait!" for no apparent reason. High childish voices always make me want to drop a 10 ton safe on the little darlings: SPLAT!!!!

by Anonymousreply 234July 17, 2022 4:12 PM

The fat flyover slobs sucking down 1000 calorie ice cream slurpy things in their cars.

by Anonymousreply 235July 17, 2022 5:15 PM

Now I want to see the emu mechanic!

by Anonymousreply 236July 17, 2022 8:15 PM

Me too, but I’m afraid r223 will kick my ass, so I can’t look it up.

by Anonymousreply 237July 17, 2022 8:21 PM

I haven't seen the emu mechanic for months; Liberty Mutual has moved on from that. Probably due to complaints from R223 and others.

by Anonymousreply 238July 18, 2022 12:17 AM

Poloton - sizzle baby.

by Anonymousreply 239July 18, 2022 12:46 AM

The one where the dad keeps calling the car "Alexa" and his kids make fun of him. Snotty kids in commercial need to be cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 240July 18, 2022 1:15 AM

We buy any cars.com

by Anonymousreply 241July 18, 2022 9:09 PM

Tired of that Keeps commercial with the guy with the misshapen nostrils. Those things are so distracting there’s no way anyones paying attention to anything else.

by Anonymousreply 242July 19, 2022 4:15 AM

I haven't seen that one in awhile, r242, but I completely agree. When it first started running I would stare in horror wondering how they could choose such an unfortunate looking spokesman. But hey Vanessa Ferlito has a solid career in Hollywood so maybe there are fucked-up nose fetishists out there

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243July 19, 2022 7:36 AM

Cos is asleep in my closet. Sleeps there most morning since it has interior walls and stays cool in the Summer. He'll come out around 11 or Noon and then spend the day with me.

I'm trying to decide the best time to make his annual check-up appointment. I'm thinking afternoon. I used to do mornings at 9 am but I hate trapping him in the cat carrier so early. Last time I did that, he walked into the cat carrier around 8 am. I closed him in and then had to listen to him meow for almost 30 minutes. We left early so I took the long way to the vet and we had a nice car ride. Any suggestions?

by Anonymousreply 244July 19, 2022 1:36 PM

The Damp Rid things that you hang in your closets are miracle workers. I buy scentless ones and have them delivered by Bed Bath and Beyond.

I don’t know how anyone lives without them. The canisters suck, btw.

by Anonymousreply 245July 19, 2022 1:50 PM

[quote]I haven't seen that one in awhile

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 246July 19, 2022 2:43 PM

STOP the Intel spots with that fucking don't worry, be happy song.

by Anonymousreply 247July 19, 2022 10:51 PM

Why is that an oh dear, r246?

by Anonymousreply 248July 19, 2022 11:05 PM

Awhile is an adverb that means "for a while," whereas "while" is a noun meaning "a period of time,” so if you haven’t seen something for a period of time, you would say “I haven’t seen that for a while,” not awhile.

Awhile is generally regarded as a short period of time. A while means for quite a long time.

by Anonymousreply 249July 19, 2022 11:36 PM

They are STILL running the one where some pimp gets his white gf to sell her car to "we buy any car", bitches that It's going to take all day, then starts fantasizing about his "big plans", which include brunch, a bubble bath and a nice pedicure, while a bluesy sax wails in the distance.

Thankfully they do not show him ripping the check out of the woman's hand when she gets back in the car!

by Anonymousreply 250July 19, 2022 11:47 PM

R246 Thanks, Debbie Downer.

by Anonymousreply 251July 20, 2022 1:05 AM

R250 that guy is sooo ugly.

by Anonymousreply 252July 20, 2022 1:09 AM

I miss seeing Limu and his blonde bombshell bride.

by Anonymousreply 253July 20, 2022 1:21 AM

Car commercial where the dad is answering questions from his daughter in the back seat. To define the future, he takes his hands off the steering wheel. GREAT EXAMPLE, DAD.

by Anonymousreply 254July 20, 2022 1:25 AM

Once again, 'll throw in the insipid, chirpy, annoying-as-all-getout "Lily" from the AT&T commercials but I seem to be alone in this!

by Anonymousreply 255July 20, 2022 1:30 AM

R255 I think you are.

by Anonymousreply 256July 20, 2022 1:31 AM

R250 that commercial warrants a MUTE button response from me every time.

by Anonymousreply 257July 20, 2022 1:46 AM

That ugly bitch in the Walgreens health and wellness commercial. She draws a mustache on her chin upside down and flies off of a scooter when hitting a pothole or a sidewalk bump. She’s annoying + UGLY!

by Anonymousreply 258July 20, 2022 1:52 AM

Thank you for the grammar lesson, r249. I'm sure I knew that once but my eldergay brain is slowly failing me

by Anonymousreply 259July 20, 2022 3:02 AM

I know the feeling.

by Anonymousreply 260July 20, 2022 1:33 PM

Am I the only one who realized that the actor who plays bulging eye Ginny-lookalike's love interest was actor Tim Ryan (China Beach)? I recognized him because I know my 12yo self had a huge crush on him on China Beach.

by Anonymousreply 261July 20, 2022 9:04 PM

What are you on about r261. You haven’t seen a commercial for 35 years.

by Anonymousreply 262July 20, 2022 9:16 PM

The Hulu add with Megan mullaly mistaking an eraser for a sex toy. I didn't laugh the first time I saw it.....or the 50 more times they insisted on airing it.

by Anonymousreply 263July 20, 2022 9:19 PM

R1 I'm just relieved that someone else is seeing that add. I am baffled and insulted as to why I'm constantly receiving video adds for stank butt deodorant.

by Anonymousreply 264July 20, 2022 9:21 PM

Lume is for your pits to your puss.

by Anonymousreply 265July 20, 2022 9:27 PM

Still HATING almost all of the Progressive commercials.

That bitch with the bangs in her eyes is a million times worse than Flo!

by Anonymousreply 266July 20, 2022 9:30 PM

R266 that’s Flo’s little sister.

by Anonymousreply 267July 20, 2022 9:33 PM

With the Camp Lejeune lawsuit commercials and infomercials running rampant nonstop, imagine what’s gonna happen when Flint Michigan finally gets the justice those people deserve. That Camp Lejeune, isn’t that what they based the debut of the Jefferson D’arcy character on Married with Children and his storyline on? He would swindle people into buying property in a glorified wasteland passing off as a camping ground. Than they played The Andy Griffith Show theme while they show Al and Bud suffering and losing hair and limbs and gaining a tail. The lawsuit commercials are far less captivating to say the least.

by Anonymousreply 268July 20, 2022 11:42 PM

Austin James and his stupid hat.

by Anonymousreply 269July 21, 2022 11:47 PM

Just saw through another Charmin ad with the bears with itchy rectums. I wonder why they only show the male bears having this problem, never the female bears. Are males less inclined to wipe correctly, or no one wants to think about a woman wiping "down there", close to her vagoo?

by Anonymousreply 270July 22, 2022 1:57 AM

Just SAT through another Charmin ad

by Anonymousreply 271July 22, 2022 1:57 AM

Entyvio (for IBS) has a new ad where they keep showing the sufferer on the toilet. Any so-called normal activity that involves sitting, she get a toilet instead of a chair. When she opens her car door, instead of the drivers seat, there's a toilet. At work, she sits on a toilet in a meeting, and later while she waits for her doctor to see her, she's shown sitting on a toilet in the waiting room.

I feel for the actress, but at least she got to sit on those toilets with her pants up.

by Anonymousreply 272July 22, 2022 2:14 AM

The tax Relief line commercial with the blonde cunt who talks like a retarded valley girl explaining that the IRS hounding her has caused her to start beating her children while a picture is displayed of said blonde cunt about to give her daughter a taste of the back of her hand.

by Anonymousreply 273July 22, 2022 3:49 AM

WHY does the school bus driver allow the blind kid to sit all the way in the back of the bus when there should be handicapped seating near the front?

by Anonymousreply 274July 22, 2022 4:11 AM

Hungry Root came through…

Now my refrigerator is PACKED!!

(Cue stupid music)

by Anonymousreply 275July 22, 2022 5:21 PM

Yes, R275! I don't really understand what's going on with this commercial.

Who needs a fridge packed with pre-cut fruits and vegetables? Isn't half that shit gonna go to waste unless you eat large portions or freeze it? I haven't gone to their website but the commercial says you can get "free vegetables for life". I'm not sure what that means since it appears you can only order vegetables from them.

by Anonymousreply 276July 22, 2022 8:23 PM

This Lending Tree ad with Molly Shannon is suddenly in frequent rotation. I love Molly but this character is nails on a chalkboard

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277July 22, 2022 8:50 PM

Most of the commercials I'm currently hating are on the radio. (I listen to the news -- 1010 WINS -- in the kitchen). One of them is for a product called "Fruits & Vegetables" -- stupid supplements containing (you guessed it) fruits and vegetables, with the worst caliber of whiny, bogus "testimonials" delivered with awful faux sincerity by people who are supposed to be "everyday folk." Inane scenarios like "I'm a guy of 78 and lemme tell ya, I was gettin' a bit sluggish but then I started with the Fruits & Vegetables and now my grandkid can't even keep up with me; I mean, lemme tell ya this product is terrific. My doctor keeps tellin' me 'whatever yer doin, keep it up.'" And so on. You have to hear these to hate them, but that was a taste.

The other one that I can't wrap my head around is a cancer doc -- "Dr. Lederman" -- touting his wares on the radio with the worst voice imaginable. And he refers to himself in the third person. He occasionally has patients on and he goads them into telling him/us how wonderful "Dr. Lederman" is. (More proof of his awfulness -- google his name + George Harrison).

by Anonymousreply 278July 22, 2022 9:24 PM

The insipid Lending Tree rhyming commercial gives me hives.

by Anonymousreply 279July 23, 2022 12:28 AM

R274 yeah I can’t believe they brought back that terrible commercial where everything about it is beyond cringe especially the way the kids refuse to give up a seat for a BLIND kid. It’s like Lord of the Flies on wheels and yes the bus driver is the most responsible for letting all that happen. Regardless other than maybe the Asian girl those kids are walk future sociopaths.

by Anonymousreply 280July 23, 2022 12:47 AM

R277 / R279 Yes, the Lending Tree commercials are being shown in heavy rotation. The ads and the phony accents are insipic and I'm not a Molly Shannon fan so that just adds to my dislike. Instant mute.

by Anonymousreply 281July 23, 2022 1:17 AM

That stupid fucking Facebook ad about targeted ads How meta if them.

by Anonymousreply 282July 25, 2022 7:19 AM

Between the new Triskit commercial and the Rob Low Atkins diet food commercial, the percussion in the background music is so distracting I’m fully expecting the ghost of Ricky Ricardo to start the “babaloo” chanting. Than he’d see the food advertised and purposely overdose of vitametavegamin just to avoid having to actually eat any of that.

by Anonymousreply 283July 27, 2022 9:53 AM

JJ Jimmy Walker Medicare commercial. The way he says, "Moneeeee!"....and "Neeeow" and all of his stupid paraphernalia (sp) from his glory days on Good Times, in the background.

by Anonymousreply 284July 27, 2022 11:52 AM

"Peace out, Billy!"

Little Caesar's pizza looks like shit to begin with but this ad just makes it that much worse

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285July 27, 2022 1:23 PM

Not sick and tired of it, but shocked an Agency didn’t consider the bad optics:

The ad for a hybrid car where a man gives his daughter a gas card for Christmas. The boyfriend/partner/spouse turns to her and says “But we have a…” and she brusquely interrupts him, shuts him down then turns to Dad to thank him for the gas card.

Next scene, the woman and the man, whose balls she’s clearly got in her purse, are now in their incredibly efficient car talking to her Mom who reminds them it’s Dad’s birthday coming up.

Then, at Dad’s birthday, daughter regifts the same gas card to her Dad. He is so appreciative and explains how much he’s going to use it. Testicle-free boyfriend goes to say “but isn’t that…?” and gets shut down again.

It makes the men look stupid, the daughter look like a cunt, and the Dad look like a Boomer luddite. Perhaps because they’re all Black, is it better? Is that the usual family dynamic?

by Anonymousreply 286July 27, 2022 1:43 PM

The State Farm commercial where Jake is standing around the barbecue with people. Somebody falls down, an overweight Asian woman says, "Blink if you're in danger," then continues to blink maniacally.

None of it makes any sense.

by Anonymousreply 287July 27, 2022 2:07 PM

R287 I have watched that damn commercial a million times and wondered if I had some kind of head injury because I just don’t get it.

by Anonymousreply 288July 27, 2022 2:26 PM

I want to see Jake lecturing hotties at the local bathhouse on Saturday nights.

by Anonymousreply 289July 27, 2022 4:57 PM

Gyllenhaal?

by Anonymousreply 290July 27, 2022 5:37 PM

Hulu Hotel commercial with the guy with painted nails.

by Anonymousreply 291July 27, 2022 6:23 PM

The Hungry Root commercial is making the rounds again.

“Hungry Root came through “

by Anonymousreply 292July 27, 2022 7:46 PM

Here is the HUNGRY ROOT commercial so you can get your fix.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293July 27, 2022 7:48 PM

This Liberty Mutual Commercial with the Minions is pure sound pollution. Try being in bed half dozing with the tv on when this shitty thing gets played 6 times per hour!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294July 27, 2022 7:51 PM

All the "Taltz" ads make my flesh crawl (and that song could render syrup of ipecac obsolete). They're extremely icky, with gooey people pawing each other and doing pathetic things like going to terrible craft fairs and humorlessly examining macramé-owl hanging planters , sticking their tongues out for selfies (aged 50+), trying on giggly outfits that they look awful in, and other obscenities. This recent one features a ginger who is way too glommed on to his hapless girlfriend, and I can only imagine how he'll act out when she dumps him. (If he can't have her, nobody can.) Pass me a large bucket.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295July 27, 2022 8:23 PM

R295, did you ever see the movies Sneakers with Robert Redford, Ben Kingsley, and Mary McDonnell? RR and BK were computer hackers. Ben Kingsley (as Cosmo!) got caught and went to prison but RR (as Marty) didn't get caught.

Anyway, there's a scene where MM, working for RR and his band of merry hackers, gets caught trying steal something. She says, "that's the last time I use a computer service for a date" and walks away. BK thinks for a minute and then says, "Wait. A computer HIM (Stephen Tobolowsky) with HER?!"

Every time I see that commercial I think of that scene.

by Anonymousreply 296July 27, 2022 8:54 PM

R286: Sadly, the young woman chose an idiot who cannot be trusted to think before opening his mouth. The guy has low emotional intelligence, evidenced by his trying to ruin the father's joy in: (a) giving his daughter a well-intended gift and then (b) receiving a useful gift from same daughter.

There's no reason for dumb nuts to comment in either case; best to dump him before he endangers her life through his inability to, among other things, self-govern.

by Anonymousreply 297July 27, 2022 9:06 PM

There's an ad for some kind of "period underwear" where the girl's grandma says, "Back when I was young, we put a man on the moon but for 35 years I had to fish around for a string in my butt crack." Lovely grandma, just lovely.

I also hate the one Toby the dog is sliding his ass along the rug at the party. They call Stanley Steemer, but that doesn't help the guests at the fucking PARTY!

by Anonymousreply 298July 27, 2022 9:26 PM

R296 No! And I totally assumed that you made that up but I googled it just in case. LOL. Is it worth checking out? It sounds kind of awful but.... intriguing (especially with that Taltz connection)!

by Anonymousreply 299July 27, 2022 9:39 PM

I can't say I really hate this commercial because it's almost endearingly awful. The special-needs Jim Carreyish Leafcutter guru and his rapt audience of atrocious, absurd actors with even more absurd lines.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300July 28, 2022 2:57 AM

I know it was posted in a couple of commercial threads but I finally (unfortunately) saw the "I'm a woman who POOPS!" ad today. Who in their right mind thought this was a great advertising slogan?

by Anonymousreply 301July 28, 2022 3:14 AM

There’s one preachy commercial and I don’t even really know who it’s geared towards. It starts off showing these certain drivers all out speeding wreaking havoc and causing chaos and the damage that the caused. Than it shows this guy who drives “sort of” fast and shows this girl he hit with his car in the hospital fighting for her life. Not once does the commercial preach about the dangers or drunk driving or drugs or even seatbelt safety, just driving a little over the speed limit. So Mothers Against People That Drove a Couple of Miles Ahead of the Speed Limit? That’s who’s sponsoring this preachy propaganda? Are they running out of people to go after now?

by Anonymousreply 302July 28, 2022 5:39 AM

Hungry pussy came through

Now my box is packed!

(Cue stupid music)

by Anonymousreply 303July 28, 2022 1:49 PM

Thank God the Sunshine On My Shoulders baby in grandma's lap spot has been pulled. Can't wait to see what that hospital comes up with for Christmas this year. Santa in the ICU with a monkeypox variant?

by Anonymousreply 304July 28, 2022 2:56 PM

R299, it's a fun, guilty-pleasure kind of movie. Where else we will you find THE Sidney Poitier, Dan Aykroyd, River Phoenix and David Straitharn alongside Robert Redford and Sir Ben Kingsley. If you have the opportunity, please see it.

It's about technology and what it has the potential to do. Given where we are right now, it's has some scary aspects to it.

by Anonymousreply 305July 29, 2022 12:14 PM

On my list! Thanks, R305

by Anonymousreply 306July 29, 2022 12:20 PM

The whistling of don’t worry be happy irritates me to no end.

by Anonymousreply 307July 29, 2022 11:48 PM

If I see that gyno ugly bitch hocking her pussy and asshole deodorant one more time I’m going off the rails.

by Anonymousreply 308July 30, 2022 10:56 PM

All those cringeworthy car commercials featuring smug, idiotic, "aspirational achievers" who cock an eyebrow self-importantly as they drive around glittery urban eveningscapes (alternate backdrop: Big Sur) to a ridiculously swooping soundtrack. Additional points removed when said ads include awestruck, insipidly open-mouthed impressed bystanders helplessly frozen in their tracks to lust after the stupid car (and its absurd driver) rolling on by.

by Anonymousreply 309August 1, 2022 9:09 PM

Omg that Buick is so you.

by Anonymousreply 310August 1, 2022 9:54 PM

Yay! We’ve devolved to showing singing pubic hairs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311August 4, 2022 2:57 AM

the fat pig on the Tovala commercial squealing and shakin her mammys over foooood is vomit inducing...

by Anonymousreply 312August 4, 2022 6:03 AM

The Smuckers commercial with the glib, dig me Father Nature character. You're feeding your kid sugar and you think you're a great parent? Go fuck yourself, Father Nature.

by Anonymousreply 313August 4, 2022 7:17 AM

I'm thinking of starting a GoFundMe so I can raise enough money to hire a hit man to kill the guy who does the voice overs for Gain. Cannot believe that smug fuck makes a living with that voice. It's even worse when he faux sings. "And I swear..."

Please, someone kill him. I might even put him on the list above Trump.

by Anonymousreply 314August 4, 2022 7:19 AM

R311, between that and WAP, we're clearly circling the drain as a nation.

by Anonymousreply 315August 4, 2022 7:20 AM

OMG that fucking Tovala one with the jiggly goofball lady yes.

by Anonymousreply 316August 4, 2022 9:43 AM

That fucking Meaning Beauty lie, I mean commercial, by Cindy Crawford. Bitch, you aren't fooling anyone. That is what you looked like 10 years ago. She looks like Caitlyn Jenner now. That's will sound a bit psychotic but I wish someone would choke Jimmy Walker to death. I have always loathed this ugly frog looking mf'er and his voice makes me cringe. MON-NEEE!!! CALL NOOOOOWWW. Just die you hideous beast.

by Anonymousreply 317August 4, 2022 10:34 AM

Regions Bank with the ugly, greasy, red-haired girl who keeps looking at her Regions Bank app to see if she can afford to order terimisu for dessert while having lunch.

by Anonymousreply 318August 4, 2022 10:39 AM

the fat white pig girl with the pageboy haircut who gets her antidepressant meds prescribed to her by using Hers.

by Anonymousreply 319August 4, 2022 10:43 AM

All of the commercials with the pitiful animals. Seriously, fuck those people for upsetting and guilting me. Bitch, you are right there with them. Feed them!!!

by Anonymousreply 320August 4, 2022 10:49 AM

The spot with the ugly bitch sitting on a fucking toilet in a restaurant. Despicable.

by Anonymousreply 321August 4, 2022 8:45 PM

The Ballsy ad with Pete Davidson shaving his balls. I can smell his stench through the screen.

by Anonymousreply 322August 4, 2022 8:50 PM

I wouldn't buy anything tat nasty looking skank was pushing, for his balls or anywhere else. If he didn't have such a big dick, no one would care about anything he does.

by Anonymousreply 323August 4, 2022 8:57 PM

I can't remember the product but the one with two women speaking in overly exaggerated New Yawk accents.

by Anonymousreply 324August 4, 2022 9:06 PM

The current Kleenex commercial with the kid and the snot bubble on his nose, WTF? What were the agency assholes smoking?

There's about three kids in room playing. It’s assumed the guy looking at the kid and getting nauseated by the snot bubble is the father. He appears to be in another room, but gets nauseous seeing what the kid is doing.

The father makes a horrified face as his small son wipes the snot on his t-shirt. As if small kids don't do such things? Perhaps he's a part-time father?

This commercial is as absurd and ridiculous as the other recent Kleenex commercial with the bearded guy in a backyard, who is obviously allergic to the grass/flowers. The man is attending, what I assume, is a backyard barbecue. The other guests are seen running inside a house because he’s about to sneeze. Why would people run into a house if someone was about to sneeze? Trying to avoid Covid? As if his sneeze would spray across 20-30 feet? Of course, the box of Kleenex is shown.

These commercials are the absolute worst! Seriously, WTF were the ad agency idiots thinking?? I won't even get into the terrible music choice, with some 'singer' screeching. The same song is used in both ads.

by Anonymousreply 325August 5, 2022 5:51 PM

I'm the one who mentioned the Azo fem pills @R99. I just realized that the woman's nose wart moves from right to left back to right.

by Anonymousreply 326August 5, 2022 6:00 PM

R325 Yes, that snot bubble commercial is disgusting. I switch channels whenever it comes on.

by Anonymousreply 327August 5, 2022 6:01 PM

The Lumi crotch, armpit and anus deodorant ads are pretty gross too.

by Anonymousreply 328August 5, 2022 7:44 PM

Stanley Steamer which airs in my area during the local evening news broadcast. The one where the dog is scooting his ass across the carpet and some annoying parrot is squawking stupid shit in the background.

by Anonymousreply 329August 5, 2022 8:38 PM

That snot bubble commercial seems to be in constant rotation! I had TVLand on the other night and that ad was shown during every commercial break.

by Anonymousreply 330August 7, 2022 8:29 AM

The Philly Cream Cheese commercials with people having orgasms over cream cheese. Ridiculous!

by Anonymousreply 331August 7, 2022 7:28 PM

The Velvetta commercials are also ridiculous. Trying to make crappy unhealthy food seem hip and desirable is a joke.

by Anonymousreply 332August 7, 2022 10:55 PM

The ads for stool softener Colace which feature cutesy tunes with a ukelele and lyrics like "pushin' out a porcupine" or a pineapple, and "Number Two should be easy to do."

This whole country must be CONSTIPATED!!

by Anonymousreply 333August 7, 2022 11:19 PM

Is EVERYBODY constipated?

by Anonymousreply 334August 7, 2022 11:29 PM

Welcome to Offerpad

by Anonymousreply 335August 7, 2022 11:32 PM

Those godawful "Life Alert" commercials. Especially the one currently running on the radio with the "HAaaaaaaaaaaaaaalp. HEEEEEEEEEELP!" backdrop. An "elderly" woman is moaning on about how she lives alone and rarely has any visitors, so when she fell she was lying there for hours until a neighbor somehow checked up on her. My favorite part is when she describes lying there and thinking about her kids and her grandkids having to "go on without her" if she died. You mean the kids and grandkids who never visit? I'm pretty sure they'd manage to champion on.

by Anonymousreply 336August 7, 2022 11:41 PM

R336, those ads need to go full-on tragedy porn and show a “dead” lady with her eyes chewed out by dear Bitsy. Or a putrefied mass that’s been laying there for six months until the ungrateful children check up on their inheritance.

Is that too much??

I thought singing pubes might be too much, but apparently not.

by Anonymousreply 337August 8, 2022 2:48 AM

The cartoon commercial with the "Empty my gut" girl. So fucking annoying.

by Anonymousreply 338August 8, 2022 4:42 AM

Don;t know which Prevagen commercial is the most grating.

by Anonymousreply 339August 8, 2022 10:31 AM

r336 - so hilarious. so true. worst of the worst there. that one always gets an instant "mute" from my remote.

by Anonymousreply 340August 8, 2022 10:49 AM

For the new Focus Factor commercial they have who I’m assuming is a former race car driver wearing a cowboy hat. He looks like a corpse. It’s not even funny how sick and withered away this poor guy looks. If he’s over 75 lbs I’d be shocked. Honestly when I find out his name first thing I’m gonna do is wiki him cause he looked like he was ready to go and it took every ounce of strength to muster doing that commercial.

Than there’s the Lume commercial for your buttcrack where they talk about how when someone showers the stink factor in their hole reaches level 5 in a mere hour or so where as if you use Lume it reaches 1 tops 🤔 I’m wondering who’s doing this research for this one. Than there’s what I believe is called Pretty Kitty Liter where at the end the guy advertising the kitty litter goes “try it for yourself!” 😵‍💫🤨

by Anonymousreply 341August 8, 2022 10:46 PM

[quote]Than there’s the Lume commercial for your buttcrack where they talk about how when someone showers the stink factor in their hole reaches level 5 in a mere hour or so where as if you use Lume it reaches 1 tops 🤔 I’m wondering who’s doing this research for this one. Than there’s what I believe is called Pretty Kitty Liter where at the end the guy advertising the kitty litter goes “try it for yourself!” 😵‍💫🤨

Guess you missed the other part of the voiceovers in these Lume ads? The woman in the ads, who created this crotch rot/asshole deodorant, is a GYN who developed her products with scientists.

by Anonymousreply 342August 8, 2022 10:54 PM

Lume is a scourge. The commercials are really vile.

by Anonymousreply 343August 9, 2022 2:37 AM

I bet that Shannon” Lume creator” bitch’s pussy is rancid smelling.

by Anonymousreply 344August 9, 2022 2:47 AM

For the new OpenDoor app commercial, is that the Snapple lady in the commercial? The one Gary Busey used to call the antichrist? She sure looks like her.

Speaking of lookalikes in the new Sling commercial the lady playing the senior citizen cheerleader bares a striking resemblance to Rosanne Barr. Also the gay boy in the Warbly Parker commercial looks so much like Christian Walker, the crazy right winger with the fairy wings who sleeps with men but isn’t gay.

by Anonymousreply 345August 10, 2022 9:53 PM

The car commercials both tv and radio with Keenan Thompson.

by Anonymousreply 346August 10, 2022 10:39 PM

Who's the guy in the Lizard Flare commercial?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347August 11, 2022 2:50 AM

[quote] The ads for stool softener Colace which feature cutesy tunes with a ukelele and lyrics like "pushin' out a porcupine" or a pineapple, and "Number Two should be easy to do."

Equally cringy are the lyrics for ZocDoc online medical professionals that include the possible symptom of “if it hurts when you pee!”

The hole country must be BURNING!

by Anonymousreply 348August 12, 2022 12:25 AM

Those awful ZocDoc "if it hurts when you pee" ads have been running since last year. I can't believe those ad agency idiots are getting paid for this garbage. These ZocDoc ads aren't even clever, entertaining or funny.

The Golden Age of TV ads is long over.

by Anonymousreply 349August 13, 2022 1:49 AM

In the new chik fil a commercial the girl voice over describes their chicken sandwich as scrum diddly umptious. Dorky and lame and basically sounding like the Ned Flanders of chicken restaurants. Come to think of it, it actually does add up with them being the righteous, goodie two shoes, religious nuts that they are.

by Anonymousreply 350August 13, 2022 8:41 AM

The newest Lume ad with Shannon demonstrating how to apply Lume inside your ass cheeks.

by Anonymousreply 351August 13, 2022 11:48 AM

The Zevo bug spray commercial says it actually attacks the bugs reproductive system while killing the bugs????🥴 So It’s fly birth control? So Triple threat match? Roe vs Wade vs. Zevo? 🤷🏻‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 352August 13, 2022 4:33 PM

Cunt eating

by Anonymousreply 353August 13, 2022 7:01 PM

The Drive Time ads with the annoying guy who keeps shouting about "And your real monthly payment".

by Anonymousreply 354August 14, 2022 12:43 AM

I am sick and tired of the Amazon back to school ads with that mom in the army green jacket

by Anonymousreply 355August 14, 2022 4:55 PM

I cannot BEAR that no talent woman on the Trelegy commercials, singing that "it's a new dawn, it's a new day" lyric - she has the WORST voice!

And why does every fucking commercial have to have a blaring soundtrack anyway? The Applebee's commercials ("I like it, I love it, I want some more of it") are the WORST!

But nothing beats Pedicure Pimp getting his mealy mouthed blonde gf to sell her car to "We Buy Any Car."

by Anonymousreply 356August 14, 2022 9:51 PM

R356 Ummm...that woman singing is Nina Simone.

by Anonymousreply 357August 14, 2022 10:39 PM

It sucks!

by Anonymousreply 358August 14, 2022 11:05 PM

[quote][R356] Ummm...that woman singing is Nina Simone.

That's right. Guess the youngsters here have no clue who she was!

Nina was amazing! Wasn't "Feeling Good" written by Anthony Newley? Joan Collins late ex-husband ?

by Anonymousreply 359August 14, 2022 11:12 PM

It is annoying asshat r389

by Anonymousreply 360August 14, 2022 11:14 PM

I keep my TV on in the background as I work, I work from home. That ridiculous snot bubble Kleenex ad must have been on about 50 times since this morning! I am NOT kidding.

I want to strangle the screaming singer. Who the heck is that singing? Now that's a truly awful 'song'!

by Anonymousreply 361August 14, 2022 11:14 PM

That's also Nina Simone singing on that One A Day vitamin commercial.

by Anonymousreply 362August 14, 2022 11:56 PM

Poor Nina spinning in her grave.

by Anonymousreply 363August 15, 2022 1:34 AM

[quote]Nina was amazing! Wasn't "Feeling Good" written by Anthony Newley? Joan Collins late ex-husband ?

Written by Newley and Leslie Bricusse for Newley's show "The Roar of the Greasepaint (The Smell of the Crowd)"

by Anonymousreply 364August 15, 2022 1:44 AM

Isn’t that also Nina Simone that does that damned Kars For Kids commercial?

by Anonymousreply 365August 15, 2022 2:55 AM

The Select Quote commercial.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366August 15, 2022 3:30 AM

O-O-O-Ozempic

by Anonymousreply 367August 15, 2022 4:00 AM

👴🏾 [italic] Hi .... hahaha ...... I'm Jimmy "J.J." Walker for the Medicare Helpline

by Anonymousreply 368August 15, 2022 4:04 AM

The singing coils of pubic hair commercial. I guess it’s a feminine hygiene product ad and is designed to be outrageous, but it’s just stupid.

by Anonymousreply 369August 15, 2022 8:17 PM

The animated one with the happy colored girl singing as coils of pubic hair fall around her like confetti has to be a new low.

by Anonymousreply 370August 15, 2022 8:22 PM

[quote]The singing coils of pubic hair commercial. I guess it’s a feminine hygiene product ad and is designed to be outrageous, but it’s just stupid.

I've never seen this ad, what state is this being show? Sounds revolting.

by Anonymousreply 371August 16, 2022 1:18 AM

Those Medicare Helpline ads have NOTHING to do with Medicare. It's yet another ad for some health insurance company. No wonder so many old people get scammed.

by Anonymousreply 372August 16, 2022 1:20 AM

Liberty Mutual "Young people having fun with insurance". The worst.

by Anonymousreply 373August 16, 2022 1:27 AM

Skyrizi spots are fucking creepy. Like they were made by a disturbed mind.

by Anonymousreply 374August 18, 2022 12:23 AM

Why is Jon Hamm in all those Progressive ads, is he desperate for cash?

by Anonymousreply 375August 18, 2022 8:08 AM

that fat ethnic tovala bitch who shakes her lard filled bazooms as she creams over the thought of getting fatter with TOVALA !!!!

by Anonymousreply 376August 19, 2022 7:46 PM

The young bitch saying how 'dope' it is to invest in the market and cryto.....poxx her !

by Anonymousreply 377August 19, 2022 8:31 PM

I used to like Molly Shannon. Now, after this Lending Tree ad? I've been praying for her demise.

by Anonymousreply 378August 19, 2022 8:39 PM

she looks so horrid in that ad, really sad.....good $ tho maybe......SHE UGLY!

by Anonymousreply 379August 19, 2022 8:48 PM

Please help me Jesus… The commercial with the hyper suburban frau saying her butt crack smells fresh all day after using this god only knows butt crack freshener. “No need to shower; just apply and go!”

I gagged in disgust. Who the fuck In programming gave the go to air this grotesque commercial?

by Anonymousreply 380August 19, 2022 9:02 PM

R380 it’s Lume and it is a hot topic and thread on the DL fool!

by Anonymousreply 381August 19, 2022 9:09 PM

no shit, GIT RID OF THE LUME ONE ASAP

by Anonymousreply 382August 19, 2022 9:14 PM

[quote]Please help me Jesus… The commercial with the hyper suburban frau saying her butt crack smells fresh all day after using this god only knows butt crack freshener. “No need to shower; just apply and go!” I gagged in disgust. Who the fuck In programming gave the go to air this grotesque commercial?

There are several Lume ads.

The "hyper suburban frau” is the gyno who created this product and, at this point, is likely a multi-millionaire a few times over. In the other ads, this woman introduced herself as the creator of this product. What have you created lately?

Lume can be used by men and women, it’s not only for the butt crack, it’s for anywhere on the body where a person has odors.

Lume products have been mostly marketed to women, but it’s for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 383August 20, 2022 7:58 AM

[quote]“No need to shower; just apply and go!”

The creator of Lume never said that in that ad, she simply compared taking a shower and not using Lume, compared to taking a shower AND using Lume. If you do both your asshole won't stink.

by Anonymousreply 384August 20, 2022 8:02 AM

🎶 A1C . . . ☑ [italic] Down With Rybelsis !

by Anonymousreply 385August 20, 2022 8:18 AM

the lume butt suds commercial

by Anonymousreply 386August 20, 2022 12:23 PM

A current commercial in California features the improbably named Patti Poppe (pronounced like the opium flower). She's the new CEO of Pacific Gas & Electric, the monopolistic public utility that has been through Chapter 11 bankruptcy and convicted of crimes for causing wildfires that destroyed towns and forests while killing people. Ms Poppe strides across fields full of bulldozers, ponytail dangling beneath her hardhat, explaining how "it's become clear that undergrounding energy wires" is the best way to assure safety. I appreciate her efforts and am glad to see them at long last, but wince at the use of "underground" as a verb. (Not to mention the fact that it's been obvious since Ben Franklin's day that risks of fire could be reduced by putting electric wires underground rather than overhead, but PG&E has always resisted the notion because it would be expensive.)

by Anonymousreply 387August 28, 2022 4:19 AM

Security...yeah, yeah, I'm want some security...

by Anonymousreply 388August 28, 2022 4:45 AM

Offerpad

The Progressive commercial where the focus is on Flo's sister who says "yeah" and talks about taco toppings.

by Anonymousreply 389August 28, 2022 11:46 AM

the Kardashian who appears with her fake long platinum blonde hair in the migraine medication commercial.

by Anonymousreply 390August 28, 2022 11:48 AM

There's some new stomach-turning commercial where a teen girl is in the bathroom sitting on the toilet while her mom stands in front of her, legs spread apart with a tampon in her hand, telling the girl how to insert it. Then the teen girl's sister bursts in with a pair of underwear and tells her sister to put these on instead, because they'll absorb all her blood and she won't need a tampon at all.

So gross.

by Anonymousreply 391August 28, 2022 11:57 AM

the probiotic commercial where women announce that women poop.

the one where the bitch opens the door to her car to find a toilet instead of her car seat.

by Anonymousreply 392August 28, 2022 11:59 AM

The commercial for Edible.com has one of the most annoying jingles. It grates on my soul.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393August 28, 2022 1:44 PM

Every fucking new drug advert for a drug with the obligatory Q as a hard K.

I particularly hate Myrbetriq, and Quviviq.

by Anonymousreply 394August 28, 2022 2:01 PM

Not even sure what product this commercial is for but I find it extremely annoying and it plays constantly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395August 28, 2022 4:06 PM

The Lindsey Vaughn commercial where she can't sleep and then us plagued with worries such as making too much money, working out and having to travel. Like could it be anymore unrelatable.

by Anonymousreply 396August 28, 2022 4:36 PM

R396 Reminds me of the Chase commercials they ran a couple of years ago with Serena Williams and Steph Curry playing ping pong in a hotel and destroying everything in sight, then whipping out their Chase credit cards to pay for all the damage they did.

Average Americans could totally relate to that.

by Anonymousreply 397August 28, 2022 4:38 PM

It's a new low with the phone commercials with the truly horrible dog and cat puns that are not remotely clever.

by Anonymousreply 398August 28, 2022 6:12 PM

r394

Cibinqo

by Anonymousreply 399August 30, 2022 3:45 AM

Here in CA there’s a commercial for CA Dairy, featuring some Mexican broad (Becky G) rapping about cheese.

by Anonymousreply 400August 30, 2022 7:21 AM

I meant to say Becky G (?)

by Anonymousreply 401August 30, 2022 7:22 AM

The Etta James 'Security' song ads are for Google.

by Anonymousreply 402August 30, 2022 10:32 AM

R399

Rinvoq

by Anonymousreply 403August 30, 2022 10:54 AM

that one that shows "John" this fat and ugly man going through life stages. He's so ugly.

by Anonymousreply 404August 30, 2022 12:14 PM

R403

Kisqali

by Anonymousreply 405August 30, 2022 4:33 PM

Just waiting for some trash to name their newborn Sky Rizzi...

by Anonymousreply 406August 30, 2022 4:36 PM

^^...and will grow to HATE his parents bcz every fucking day his schoolmates will ask him why his parents think he's "Nothing."

by Anonymousreply 407August 30, 2022 5:02 PM

Each and every Camp Lejeune lawsuit ad. Can't the Defense Dept. just give them a list of all the people possibly affected so those shysters can contact them individual?

by Anonymousreply 408August 30, 2022 7:42 PM

I like watching Decades occasionally, but the repeated Camp Lejeune lawsuit ad is hard to take. "It you were stationed at Camp Lejeune between 1952 and . . . "

1952 was 70 years ago. You were stationed there then and are trying to argue that your life has been shortened?

by Anonymousreply 409August 30, 2022 8:30 PM

R406, my sister and I joke that Skyrizi sounds like the name of a rapper.

by Anonymousreply 410August 30, 2022 8:53 PM

R406 My friends and I say, "Skyrizzi, you get in the house!"

by Anonymousreply 411August 30, 2022 10:22 PM

It's bad enough the Camp Lejeune crap is filling up my spam folder, but having to watch the commercials, especially from a company not composed of anyone with legal credentials, is pissing me the fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 412August 31, 2022 12:55 AM

R409 at what age have you decided human beings have no worth? The fact is that even if I was 99 years old and diagnosed with a disease that could be traced back to somebody's neglect or outright disregard for my health not only have they diminished the quality of my remaining years but also shorten my life such as it is.

by Anonymousreply 413September 1, 2022 4:12 AM

Hating him; loving this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414September 1, 2022 4:22 AM

Get your docs in a row!

Probably already mentioned but it's been playing a LOT recently. I don't even know what the commercial is for. Some medical insurance site or app?

by Anonymousreply 415September 1, 2022 5:16 AM

[quote]Get your docs in a row! Probably already mentioned but it's been playing a LOT recently. I don't even know what the commercial is for. Some medical insurance site or app?

This horrible ad has been running since last year, at least where I live. Think it's for a virtual medical exam app. It's geared to people who haven't seen a doctor in years, as if talking to a doctor over a screen, after years of neglecting your health, will help with any serious medical issues. Especially a gyno exam! If that sort of exam can be accomplished virtually, give the inventor a Nobel Prize!

This ad is so grating, especially the line [bold]"if it hurts when you pee"! [/bold] Yeah, you can also give a urine sample over a screen too!

The woman dancing around is dressed like some 1950s librarian. This ad is awful all around. There's also new ad which is equally stupid.

Even if this add is about finding a new doctor or making an appointment to see them in person, it's still fucking annoying.

by Anonymousreply 416September 1, 2022 5:44 AM

You're right, R413. The Camp Lejeune lawsuit ads flooding the airwaves are doing a brave public service and are not in the least bit annoying.

by Anonymousreply 417September 1, 2022 6:27 AM

I feel the same way about patriotic Mesothelioma ads.

by Anonymousreply 418September 1, 2022 1:32 PM

When the elderly fall…

by Anonymousreply 419September 1, 2022 4:38 PM

Lume with the bitch spreading it in her ass

The very ugly and annoying young female in the Walgreens who lies upside down and puts a mustache on her chin.

The very ugly and fat fuck named John going through life stages with some medication.

The Life Alert one that begins with “when the elderly fall…”.

by Anonymousreply 420September 3, 2022 7:37 PM

The insurance commercial with the old black lady sitting in her hospital bed with her paper gown on who tells her daughter, "I'm at peace with my home going."

by Anonymousreply 421September 3, 2022 7:40 PM

Omg r421! I hate that one too. Especially the way she talks to her daughter in that “soothing because I’ve made my final arrange” voice.

by Anonymousreply 422September 3, 2022 7:42 PM

^^arrangements

by Anonymousreply 423September 3, 2022 7:42 PM

A lot of people react to the Molly Shannon “Lenda” commercial. It actually doesn’t annoy me but I understand how others would be irritated by it.

by Anonymousreply 424September 3, 2022 7:45 PM

I love the Lenda commercial, especially the doe eyed Judy Canova...I rememba!

I have it memorized.

The only other commercial I have memorized is...nausea, heartburn, indigestion...

by Anonymousreply 425September 3, 2022 8:11 PM

upset stomach, DIARRHEA...!

by Anonymousreply 426September 3, 2022 11:12 PM

[quote]The insurance commercial with the old black lady sitting in her hospital bed with her paper gown on who tells her daughter, "I'm at peace with my home going."

The joke is the "old lady" isn't much older than her daughter, they jus slapped a grey wig on the actress!

by Anonymousreply 427September 4, 2022 1:45 AM

Tell me about it, R427.

by Anonymousreply 428September 4, 2022 2:40 AM

I hate this one since that Johnny Mathis country song annoys me to no end.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429September 4, 2022 2:44 AM

Who's the actor in the current CapitalOne (or maybe Citi) commercials, he goes through various cities/locations?

I know my description is trash lol.

by Anonymousreply 430September 4, 2022 2:46 AM

Here’s a very specific one, but if you watch the news or Seinfeld on WPIX in New York then you’ve seen the awful, awful commercial for WPIX News where they say “gettin’ hot in here.”

by Anonymousreply 431September 4, 2022 3:01 AM

[quote]I hate this one since that Johnny Mathis country song annoys me to no end.

Johnny Mathis country song?

by Anonymousreply 432September 4, 2022 7:11 AM

Well, someone is daft here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 433September 4, 2022 12:38 PM

I want to punch that fat doctor in the face who does Lume commercials. How do you assign a percentage to crotch odor? Fuck off, Fatface

by Anonymousreply 434September 4, 2022 1:04 PM

R413 my comment wasn't about the commercial asshole.

by Anonymousreply 435September 4, 2022 3:01 PM

The dude conducting a LeafGuard seminar seriously looks like a cretin!

by Anonymousreply 436September 4, 2022 3:58 PM

Dad, I told you that's dangerous.

We're sold.

by Anonymousreply 437September 4, 2022 4:11 PM

"How big is the Ocean"? Yeah, right. A work-from-home dad is going to drive his kid 300 miles to show her the Pacific as the sun is setting. I couldn't even get my father to drive me to the fucking movies.

by Anonymousreply 438September 4, 2022 4:59 PM

1-877-KARS FOR KIDS, played on repeat, could get even the most hardened felon or terrorist to break down in tears and beg for mercy!

by Anonymousreply 439September 4, 2022 6:08 PM

[quote]my comment wasn't about the commercial asshole.

And yet this thread IS about commercials, asshole.

by Anonymousreply 440September 4, 2022 7:48 PM

Omg! I’m so going to hell for even thinking this. So the new Shriners commercial has all the handicap kids singing “If You’re Happy and You Know it.” One girl didn’t even have her other hand to clap 😬 come to think of it. Ok so one of the kids is playing the ukulele. First thing I thought of when I saw that was the episode of South Park with Jimmy and all the handicap kids at summer camp where most look like Looney Toons characters with Jimmy attempting to play the ukulele and Nathan getting raped by the shark. They honestly have to think these things through before making these commercials cause I know I’m not gonna be the only one making the comparison. Especially with their competitors at St. Jude hogging up the majority of commercial segments with them going well into the 5 minute mark nowadays

by Anonymousreply 441September 7, 2022 4:36 PM

There's a new PSA advocating COVID vaccination for children featuring Sesame Street's Elmo and his dad that just bugs the fuck out of me.

by Anonymousreply 442September 7, 2022 7:04 PM

That pain in the ass Kevin Hart promoting some online betting app. Yeah, like this entitled, pampered douchebag makes book on an app.

by Anonymousreply 443September 9, 2022 3:43 PM

I like Liberty biberty and ALL the Flo commercials

by Anonymousreply 444September 9, 2022 4:07 PM

Drew Barrymore for Bingo video game. Her style is her own and looks ridiculous

by Anonymousreply 445September 9, 2022 6:00 PM

The mother / daughter Amazon commercial where you're led to believe they're having the sex talk but it's only mom warning the daughter search Amazon before over-spending.

by Anonymousreply 446September 9, 2022 10:10 PM

The Camp LeJeune commercials. Not only are they national but we have two local lawfirms joining in this fuckfest. I hope the people who actually suffered are recompensed but this is going to be a 10/20 year payday for attorneys and not victims.

by Anonymousreply 447September 9, 2022 10:13 PM

r93 -- I want to know who the dishy Dad Cab guy is. Anyone know who this actor is?

by Anonymousreply 448September 9, 2022 10:14 PM

The Rexulti commercial. The narrator has a very annoying lisp.

by Anonymousreply 449September 10, 2022 12:01 AM

Any drug commercial where people are smiling without showing their teeth. Can you only grin when you take drugs?

by Anonymousreply 450September 10, 2022 3:09 AM

As if the Progressive ads with Flo weren't bad enough, now we have one featuring the short girl who was a background character now in front and who has one of THE most irritating vocal fries ever. "You're gonna save up all of your money for what - a trip to Bora Bora? More like boring boring!" Never thought I'd miss the ads which primarily featured Flo and Jamie.

by Anonymousreply 451September 10, 2022 3:53 AM

R451 I like Flo, tolerate Jamie, and hate that short girl.

by Anonymousreply 452September 10, 2022 9:57 AM

Please get rid of Jon Mama. More like Hamm on rye. And his head is enormous. No, not that one. The one on top.

by Anonymousreply 453September 10, 2022 4:05 PM

Hamm.

Or Joe Mama.

by Anonymousreply 454September 10, 2022 4:06 PM

R446 what is “bang for your buck”?

by Anonymousreply 455September 10, 2022 6:28 PM

I'm getting sick of the Capital One commercials with the tall guy, although I still want him inside me quite deeply.

by Anonymousreply 456September 10, 2022 6:31 PM

I am totally naming our rescue dog Skyrizi.

by Anonymousreply 457September 10, 2022 6:33 PM

[quote]I am totally naming our rescue dog Skyrizi

"Hello? Animal Shelter? Would you please send a car to pick me up? 15 minutes? Thanks, see you soon."

by Anonymousreply 458September 10, 2022 7:15 PM

LOL R458

We were also considering a cat and naming it Linzess

by Anonymousreply 459September 10, 2022 9:04 PM

I named my cat Lume

by Anonymousreply 460September 10, 2022 9:13 PM

I have an imaginary Tasmanian Devil named Mayhem Trump! 🙃

by Anonymousreply 461September 10, 2022 9:24 PM

^^Rub your ass down with Lume

by Anonymousreply 462September 10, 2022 9:30 PM

hot dude from a commercial that needs to fuck me #1

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463September 10, 2022 10:31 PM

hot guy from a commercial that needs to fuck me #2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464September 10, 2022 10:32 PM

^^^You need to have the motherfucking garden hose turned on you.

by Anonymousreply 465September 10, 2022 11:51 PM

Mike Huckabee playing the guitar and chatting about some sleep aid/male enhancement snakeoil with Larry Gatlin. How can it help you sleep AND get you hard? Or does it help you orgasm in your sleep?

by Anonymousreply 466September 11, 2022 12:03 AM

R234, Stop watching Fox News or TBN and you’ll never see that commercial again.

by Anonymousreply 467September 11, 2022 12:15 AM

They are resurrecting those hideous "I'd Do Anything" Petsmart commercials - blecchh!!

by Anonymousreply 468September 11, 2022 4:09 AM

All of the SiriusXM commercials with the celebrities, especially one with the line for the bathroom in the SXM house. But the worst one is Dave Grohl screaming at Kevin Hart over and over again if he wants some lasagna.

Also, the Chevy Volt commercial where the pregnant woman is having the charger installed in her garage by another woman and you're led to believe they're talking about how easy it is to have a baby, but instead they're discussing charging the car.

I have MLB.tv and that commercial is shown probably more than any other single commercial for the past 4 months.

by Anonymousreply 469September 11, 2022 4:20 AM

I hate the commercial is which the man is made to look stupid and the woman has all of the answers. Oh wait, that's all of them.

by Anonymousreply 470September 11, 2022 5:01 AM

A lot of gadget commercials that are shown on the mesothelioma/Camp Lejeune channels have suddenly been edited to let you know that, because of material shortages, or something, manufacturing has been STOPPED and so you must order NOW because soon they will be gone FOREVER. The altered commercials include the ones for the Lizard Flare and the Yummy Can (don't ask).

by Anonymousreply 471September 11, 2022 6:56 AM

[R400]: Is that who that is, anyway, she's too busy in that commercial. I was thinking, "Girl, try decaf." [R464]: All day, every day, with him.

by Anonymousreply 472September 11, 2022 7:36 AM

Sick to death of the DuckDuckGo commerical using The Police's song “Every Breath You Take.”

Yeah, I understand the anti-google sentiment, but the first time I saw the commercial was enough. Now, I now don't want to see the ad or hear the song again. It's become a big turn off.

by Anonymousreply 473September 11, 2022 7:57 AM

The Sad. assessing KIA commercial on the Emmys last night. Let's hope it's one and done.

by Anonymousreply 474September 13, 2022 3:05 PM

The Spectrum Mobile commercials with that smirking prick.

by Anonymousreply 475September 13, 2022 3:12 PM

The sad ass Kia commercial. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 476September 13, 2022 3:32 PM

Serovital which runs non-stop on Lifetime in the mornings while I'm watching Grey's Anatomy. The woman says her ". . .get and go just got up and went." I seem to remember that phrase in a theme song for a kids' show. Maybe The Bugaboos?

by Anonymousreply 477September 13, 2022 5:36 PM

That crap Mayo commercial with the putrid jingle "Turn nothing into something," with images of people taking huge bowls of already-made meals and plopping mayo in them--as if the meals they already have waiting in the fridge are "nothing" and transformed by a tablespoon of a condiment.

by Anonymousreply 478September 13, 2022 5:59 PM

Yeah that commercial where a glob of mayo is plopped into a boiling pan of vegetables on the stove is DISGUSTING.

by Anonymousreply 479September 13, 2022 6:12 PM

Agreed, R478 and R479. If you have the fixings for fajitas, or whatever that woman makes, how can you say you have NOTHING??!! Nothing is having just a jar of mayo in the fridge and NO OTHER food in the house.

by Anonymousreply 480September 13, 2022 6:46 PM

The snot bubble Kleenex commercial now seems to be shown every few minutes on pretty much every TV channel, except premium cable, of course.

The actor playing the father is definitely over reacting to what he sees his small son doing, as if kids don't do such stupid things?!

I work form home, I keep the TV on. I cannot count how many times that silly ad has been on during today alone. It's as ubiquitous as those repetitious Medicare ads hawking different health insurance plans and those annoying ZocDoc ads.

by Anonymousreply 481September 13, 2022 7:06 PM

I can’t decide which is worse, the insurance commercials or the endless drug commercials. It seems like the insurance industry and Big Pharma combined account for over half of all commercials, and they all SUCK.

by Anonymousreply 482September 13, 2022 7:36 PM

Turn nuthin inta somethin…

by Anonymousreply 483September 13, 2022 7:40 PM

In CA, the "Proposition 27" commercials that seem to play at least 10 times an hour, all day long. The "vote no" ones far outweigh the "vote yes" ones.

The whole thing is such a scam. It's being positioned as a change to the law to help fight homelessness. It actually has nothing to do with that....it's a proposition which if passed would allow online gambling. Some tiny amount of the proceeds supposedly get routed to the State and used to fight homelessness, which is just a bullshit talking point to get people to vote yes.

Wanna guess who is pushing the "yes" commercials? The online gambling companies of course. Wanna guess who is pushing the "no"commercials? The CA Indian tribes of course, because they don't want competition on their current monopoly on what would otherwise be illegal gambling.

by Anonymousreply 484September 13, 2022 7:57 PM

Fucking Camp Lejune.

by Anonymousreply 485September 13, 2022 8:01 PM

R484, I'm in Calif too and these incessant ads have aggravated me to the point that I refuse to vote on either proposition. The outcome isn't going to affect me anyhow and neither deserves my support after the way they've both annoyed me for months!

by Anonymousreply 486September 13, 2022 8:53 PM

This one has been driving me up the wall lately. That chanting at the end of the commercial is creepy and annoying.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 487September 13, 2022 11:53 PM

Hungry root

by Anonymousreply 488September 14, 2022 1:14 AM

But I like the commercial, Llamas, not camels?, where the kid blows the crayons out his nose.

I was that kid.

by Anonymousreply 489September 14, 2022 2:00 AM

A little dumbass?

by Anonymousreply 490September 14, 2022 2:09 AM

"Out-of-pocket prescription drug costs are capped at $2,000 a year, thanks to AARP."

WTF?! "Do the name President Joseph Biden strike a familiar note?"

by Anonymousreply 491September 14, 2022 2:10 AM

R484 I guess online sports betting must have passed in my state earlier this year because suddenly there were incessant commercials for different betting companies. It all seems so sleazy and sketchy. (I don’t recall anything being voted on, just this sudden inundation of creepy TV commercials.)

by Anonymousreply 492September 14, 2022 2:35 AM

[quote]This one has been driving me up the wall lately. That chanting at the end of the commercial is creepy and annoying.

What a creepy ad, it looks like an outtake from "Midsommer'". ugh

by Anonymousreply 493September 14, 2022 10:20 AM

R481, my sister and I are trying to figure if that's a homely woman or an unattractive man in that commercial. Perhaps its a tranny but I have no idea which way it transformed.

by Anonymousreply 494September 14, 2022 4:07 PM

I have been sitting here scrolling through DL for the last hour or so. MSNBC is on in the living room. I have heard that "Security" song EIGHT TIMES in the past HOUR!

by Anonymousreply 495September 14, 2022 5:53 PM

Somewhat slap that annoying little bitch in the spot wherein her mother refers to her as "Picasso". I don't even know what it's for, just that the little whiny cunt needs a hard slap across the punim.

by Anonymousreply 496September 14, 2022 9:33 PM

Haven't read all the replies so forgive me if this has been mentioned but what about that awful fast food chicken place where the little girl is dismayed that her daddy has "fisted" her brother? And yes, she does say FISTED.

by Anonymousreply 497September 14, 2022 9:46 PM

She says, "Did you just fist bump?", in the Golden Corral commercial.

If my dad said that, I would have fisted my brother.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 498September 14, 2022 9:52 PM

[quote][R481], my sister and I are trying to figure if that's a homely woman or an unattractive man in that commercial. Perhaps its a tranny but I have no idea which way it transformed.

I always thought the person in the Kleenex commercial was a man, but then I noticed, during the millionth time I looked at this ad, the top under the sweater buttons to the left, which is the female side that a top closes.

The actor, or actress, looks to be of American Indian or of Peruvian descent. I have a longtime female friend of Peruvian descent, the person in the Kleenex ad resembles her brother.

IF that is a woman, she “looka likea man”!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 499September 15, 2022 8:58 AM

The whiny little bitch "Picasso" spot is for Fresh Direct.

by Anonymousreply 500September 15, 2022 5:18 PM

484 since it’s liberal California where they mistake open mindedness for being just plain gullible there’s more of a chance the majority of these props will pass. Same thing every year with every other prop being repeated constantly only with a shiny NEW number. Meanwhile they pass, where did the money go for the prop that was almost word for word the exact same prop as so and so? They way they’re always targeting schools for example, 8 times out of 10 times these (as I like to call them) Mrs. Lovejoy from the Simpsons “think about the children” props pass. Ok so shouldn’t that mean every school district in CA look like West Beverly from 90210 with radio stations in tact and every amenity imaginable at the students’ disposal? Sure doesn’t look like that to me. Only thing worse than these commercials airing nonstop is knowing that thin line between being open minded and gullible is going to be challenged.

by Anonymousreply 501September 16, 2022 4:02 AM

There's no info online what gender the person in the Kleenex snot bubble ad happens to be.

by Anonymousreply 502September 16, 2022 4:55 AM

why are they running that Tovala travesty every 15 minutes ? i cant bear the phat ethnic with her bouncing tittays.....ye gads..

by Anonymousreply 503September 19, 2022 10:52 AM

Fat ugly John going through life in different outfits while still fat and ugly.

by Anonymousreply 504September 19, 2022 6:18 PM

The bratty little girl in the Golden Corral commercial who berates her dad. Actually, all the commercials with bratty, smart-mouthed kids.

by Anonymousreply 505September 20, 2022 6:44 AM

Just saw my first updated Medicare Advantage plan commercial with wizened-looking Joe Namath in yet-another tatty-looking, thin, pullover sweater (this time they at least dressed him in Navy blue instead of that horrid light blue). They've obviously coached him to gesticulate even MORE with his ugly-looking, knotty hands, and to screech even MORE beseechingly to look up your damned zipcode or some other nonsense. Preying on the poor is really tacky and unattractive. So is Joe. We will be seeing this moron day in and day out, now. Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 506September 27, 2022 1:31 PM

The "You're Turning Into Your Parents" commercials. It's enough to make you wanna swear off television altogether and I can't even remember what the ads are even for? I'm just gonna guess insurance, which as a rule, all of those ads are dumb. Sit down Flo, Gecko, and Liberty, LIBERTY.

by Anonymousreply 507September 27, 2022 1:38 PM

R507 those have finally worn out their welcome. The first 2-3 were funny.

by Anonymousreply 508September 27, 2022 7:42 PM

I want the Turning into your Parents guy, to shitcan, not only her sign, but the girl who looks like Elise Stefanik.

by Anonymousreply 509September 27, 2022 10:32 PM

This Colonel Penn life insurance always puzzles me. So this couple is talking about a 76 year old man in the neighborhood who runs marathons and the lady goes “sadly no more.” So what does that mean? He stopped running marathons? Well he’s 76 so who could blame him? If they’re implying he died even if it is a life insurance commercial, it’s still very vague to link the “sadly no more” comment with someone’s death. Why couldn’t they just say the word? Death or dead or passed away if they’re trying to be as sensitive as possible. I don’t get why we’re walking on eggshells all of a sudden now. You see a nearly 5 minute St. Jude commercial with weak and tired, bald children with tubes all over them to get at peoples heart strings and guilt them into donating. Now they’re going the polar opposite direction? What gives?

by Anonymousreply 510September 29, 2022 8:20 AM

He's RUNNING! He SENDS HIS LOVE!

by Anonymousreply 511September 29, 2022 6:34 PM

Saw this shit for the first and 100th times today. Jesus Christ, mesothelioma channels, how about rotating your scam ads a bit more

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 512September 29, 2022 11:54 PM

I have a Roku Smart TV and the streaming channels, like MSNBC Lite aka NBC Now, don't have commercials. They have filler timers. So restful.

by Anonymousreply 513September 30, 2022 2:17 AM

The new Jenny Craig commercial with that white trash woman from "Vanderpump Rules". The sound of her hick nasal voice makes me want to pierce my eardrums with a pair of chopsticks. Not to mention she looks like your typical Kentucky trailer park trash after a Dillard's make up counter makeover.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 514September 30, 2022 10:53 AM

Jesus Christ, those camp Lejeune and Mesothelioma commercials. Enough already! ( to whoever is responsible).

by Anonymousreply 515September 30, 2022 11:13 AM

i'm starting a new thread for Fall/Winter.

by Anonymousreply 516September 30, 2022 12:24 PM

Anyone find out the gender of the person on that Kleenex snot bubble commercial? Now I'm obsessed about that stupid commercial!

The kid is cute and the reaction by the adult is totally absurd, kids always do weird shit. Like wiping their nose on their T-shirt is so bizarre?

by Anonymousreply 517September 30, 2022 2:24 PM

r516, link?

by Anonymousreply 518September 30, 2022 4:29 PM

Here it is

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 519September 30, 2022 4:49 PM

Can’t believe dry vaginas are getting aired out on TV now.

Oh wait, i saw this ad in between blocks of Mika B. on Morning Joe this morning. I’m sure it’s a matter of time until they air during Andrea Mitchell’s noon hour.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 520October 1, 2022 6:14 AM

It appears that keeping the vagina moist without hormones is a major victory for WAP.

by Anonymousreply 521October 1, 2022 2:25 PM

Thanks, OP, I'm moving over to the new thread

by Anonymousreply 522October 2, 2022 1:52 AM

JFC, why is there a guy fucking a chalk turtle in the Jardiance commercial??

by Anonymousreply 523October 2, 2022 9:03 PM

Keep seeing some laundry detergent commercial where this good looking guy is wearing a worn out at the neck shirt and the announcer goes “when your v-necks become u-necks.” The way he pronounces u-necks I can’t help but think of some castrated choir boy, only with them the tighter the better. Well below the waste at least.

by Anonymousreply 524October 2, 2022 9:10 PM

LOL, R524! I thought the same thing!

Also, does that guy's house have NO mirrors??!! He couldn't tell when he put the shirt that the neck was totally stretched out?

by Anonymousreply 525October 3, 2022 2:48 PM

Ok assholes, there is a new fall/winter edition now. Let’s finish this one since it’s up to 525 replies and it’s no longer summer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526October 3, 2022 3:57 PM

All the actors shilling for online slots, solitaire and bingo games....Sharon Stone, Jane Seymour, Drew Barrymore warbling "Shout!" Not to mention that odious Kevin Hart for Draft Kings....they're more annoying than the "Kars 4Kids" brats!!

by Anonymousreply 527October 4, 2022 2:46 AM

WHY THEY ALL GOTTA BE INTERRACIAL OR JUS PLAIN BLACK. THEY IS ONLY 11% OF THE POPULATION.

by Anonymousreply 528October 16, 2022 5:20 AM

Kevin Hart's appeal to any POC befuddles the crap out of me. He's a loudmouth jackass.

by Anonymousreply 529October 17, 2022 2:46 PM

Tofalo ovens omg fuk em

by Anonymousreply 530October 18, 2022 4:38 AM

Why are you fags so intrigued by commercials? Autism/ADHD much?

by Anonymousreply 531October 18, 2022 4:21 PM

Pumpkin spice fraus? Non-binary them? MTF Autogynephiles?

What….?

by Anonymousreply 532October 18, 2022 4:33 PM

R531-As long as you clueless straight boys keep making them, we'll keep watching them. If only you all had gone to college.

by Anonymousreply 533October 18, 2022 4:47 PM

I’m not straight, did go to college and I despise them. I’m also a cheap bastard and hate them on my Roku.

by Anonymousreply 534October 18, 2022 4:50 PM

R534 Yet here you are, posting on a TV commercial thread. Makes perfect sense.

by Anonymousreply 535October 18, 2022 5:00 PM

I'm already missing that Kleenex snot bubble ad!

Has anyone figured out if that was a man or woman getting nauseated by the snot bubble on the kid?

by Anonymousreply 536October 18, 2022 5:22 PM

I’m only here because this pathetic frau thread keeps getting bumped by MAGAt fraus or log cabinettes (exclamation point).

Go bump fuck yourselves (exclamation point/all-caps).

by Anonymousreply 537October 18, 2022 5:53 PM

R537 So because a thread got bumped, it forcefully bumped you into it, too, and compelled you to post in it?

Wow. Never knew a bumped thread had so much power. Do you feel violated, Crystal Minkoff?

by Anonymousreply 538October 18, 2022 6:09 PM

No. It’s your fake trolling asses that piss me off. You are either a MTF/autogynophile, a straight frau or a Tulsi Gabbard log cabinette.

by Anonymousreply 539October 18, 2022 6:19 PM

R539 Commercials really trigger you, don't they?

Hey, here's an idea - start your own thread about how much you hate commercials and the people who watch them. Then you can spend your day tap-tap-tapping your keyboard and letting everyone know how you don't watch commercials, even though you created a thread about 'em.

by Anonymousreply 540October 18, 2022 6:25 PM

I certainly did not create “this” thread. I believe you are pumpkin spiced confused. Please cradle your mug harder with two hands.

by Anonymousreply 541October 18, 2022 6:34 PM

R541 You're not too bright, are you? I suggested you create your own thread so you'd stop bitching on this thread. I never said you created this one.

And what the hell does "pumpkin spice confused" mean? Is that supposed to be humorous?

by Anonymousreply 542October 18, 2022 6:45 PM

Just admit you are not a gay or bi man, okay? Just own up and leave it alone.

by Anonymousreply 543October 18, 2022 6:50 PM

So…own up. Don’t change the subject. Answer the question. This is a gay website, so own up or shut up.

by Anonymousreply 544October 18, 2022 7:22 PM

[quote]I’m only here because this pathetic frau thread keeps getting bumped by MAGAt fraus or log cabinettes (exclamation point).

Unhinged much? Who the fuck asked YOU why you are here? Commercial threads are "frau threads", what planet are you from? What the fuck do MAGAts have to do with commercial threads?

This is an anonymous forum, no one knows 'who' you are and they don't give a flying shit either. Why announce your presence in this thread? No one cares.

It's a fucking thread about TV commercials, why are so triggered? Are you a failed ad executive or a failed creative?

Kindly fuck off, you loon. Take your meds, seems like you forgot them.

by Anonymousreply 545October 18, 2022 9:52 PM

The three Ps

by Anonymousreply 546October 20, 2022 7:45 AM

I could really do without Jane Lynch's Illinois tourism commercials.

"You're in the middle of everything!"

No, bitch, you're in the middle of nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 547October 20, 2022 10:35 AM

Dammit…cranky Martha is back and refusing to call the Medicare Advantage plan. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 548October 21, 2022 12:00 AM

If i have to watch fatty shakin her woke tittys in that Tovalo commercial one more time today ima gonna SCREAM

by Anonymousreply 549October 21, 2022 11:05 AM

Hmmmm….should I name my new puppy Ocrevus or Skyrizi??

by Anonymousreply 550October 27, 2022 10:25 PM

That grumpy Martha/Medicare commercial is the WORST, most annoying piece of shit I have ever seen. I thought they trashed it pretty quickly after it debuted last year. Those fucking GLASSES!!!!

by Anonymousreply 551November 2, 2022 3:56 PM

good god yes that god damned Tovalo mess.

by Anonymousreply 552November 2, 2022 4:55 PM

Women poop.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 553November 6, 2023 7:27 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!