Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The New and Even Worse Commercials You're Hating-Spring/Summer 2022

The insipid new Liberty Mutual spot with the two guys knitting. The French Bulldog has more personality than the actors.

by Anonymousreply 171July 6, 2022 1:59 AM

Lume deodorant you can use on your pits to the balls….. of your feet.

by Anonymousreply 1April 7, 2022 9:51 PM

Speaking of Liberty Mutual, I want Doug inside of me *right now.* Limu can watch, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 2April 7, 2022 10:11 PM

Anyone notice there are now so many commercials for patio bricks. The obnoxious old fart with the hillbilly sons was one thing, but they're all crawling out of the woodwork. Or flagstones.

by Anonymousreply 3April 8, 2022 3:37 AM

Yes Liberty Mutual has joined the list of the most hateable commercials in the history of TV. The ad agency should be blown up with all the employees no matter what they do still inside.

by Anonymousreply 4April 8, 2022 4:01 AM

Is that Dustin Lance Black in the "tastes like chicken" Perdue spot? After all, who would know more about what chicken tastes like?

by Anonymousreply 5April 10, 2022 4:03 PM

If that time machine thing worked in yet another paving stone commercial, the whole barbecue would be underwater.

by Anonymousreply 6April 11, 2022 2:58 PM

The Infiniti spot with the screeching musical instruments mauling "Thus Spoke Zarathustra".

by Anonymousreply 7April 16, 2022 3:53 PM

That time machine paving stone commercial shows Mom holding her son 5 years into the future, then Dad walking his daughter down the aisle 25 years on, post transition surgery one would guess.

by Anonymousreply 8April 20, 2022 10:40 PM

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse, we have the Liberty Mutual emu marriage ceremony.

by Anonymousreply 9April 27, 2022 4:35 PM

I'm going to shoot the TV like Travis Bickle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 1, 2022 4:34 PM

If I see one more "dripping your urine into a plastic bottle while you sleep" commercial, I'm gonna throw up.

by Anonymousreply 11May 5, 2022 2:36 AM

The Progressive Dr. Rick and his misfits "going to the movies" spot in cringe-worthy, especially when he tells the woman two seats away not to applaud at the end of the film because "no one who made the movie is here". What? Fuck you, Dr. Rick. It's a sign of respect.

by Anonymousreply 12May 5, 2022 3:00 PM

This stupid ad from J.C. Penney. If a friend or relative ever got that excited about shopping there, I'd have him committed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 5, 2022 4:19 PM

I hate that stupid Leaf Filter commercial where Jaws from James Bond has trapped a bunch of Frau cunts and their close male relations inside a banquet room at a Golden Corral lecturing them about their trashy quickly deteriorating domeciles and the dangers of ladders. Then it cuts to some uptight prisspot who scolds her feeble old dad that she told him to knock it off. But like she has to know he does it himself because it's not like she's lifted one single figure to help him with a god-damned thing since mom died.

by Anonymousreply 14May 17, 2022 5:28 AM

R10, the commercial is driving me MAD!!!!

by Anonymousreply 15May 17, 2022 5:35 AM

The Spectrum, or whatever, internet provider commercial with JD and Turk from Scrubs singing to the tune of “I Feel Pretty”. God I hate that commercial.

by Anonymousreply 16May 17, 2022 5:41 AM

That stupid Cars 4 Kids commercial has been going on the radios for years and it's a HUGE GRIFT. According to Charity Watch, they make over 30 million a year and it all goes to an Orthodox Jewish organization which runs day camps for kids to make "non-Orthodox Jews more observant,” with 80% going to the NY and NJ area.

by Anonymousreply 17May 17, 2022 6:40 AM

Lol that Nutrisystem commercial with Marie Osmond is like it's 50. And then you know what I said to my cats "oh do like half as old as you Marie. But like her face is like brand spanking new.

My dad once called to ask me if I wanted that food the Marie Osmond eats because someone had left a case at his door. That's what I look forward to about getting old is that you often get random ass food left at your door. Although that did happen to me a few years ago when I found a plastic bag on my porch with half a loaf of wheat bread and several packets of McDonalds Paul Newman dressing packets.

This other time a woman paid for my groceries. She probably felt pity because I looked like such a slovenly bum. All I was buying were a bunch of Torino's frozen pizza and like a case of cat food. It was quite fortuitous though because it left me with an extra $12 which I then spent at the liquor store for like 1000 ml Canadian Host the bottom of the bottom shelf whiskies which I developed a taste for after my dad gifted me a bottle after we reconnected after 12 years of estrangement. I've come to appreciate it's delightful citrusy notes but it really is in fact terrible.

by Anonymousreply 18May 17, 2022 6:40 AM

Lol that Nutrisystem commercial with Marie Osmond is like it's 50. And then you know what I said to my cats "oh do like half as old as you Marie. But like her face is like brand spanking new.

My dad once called to ask me if I wanted that food the Marie Osmond eats because someone had left a case at his door. That's what I look forward to about getting old is that you often get random ass food left at your door. Although that did happen to me a few years ago when I found a plastic bag on my porch with half a loaf of wheat bread and several packets of McDonalds Paul Newman dressing packets.

This other time a woman paid for my groceries. She probably felt pity because I looked like such a slovenly bum. All I was buying were a bunch of Torino's frozen pizza and like a case of cat food. It was quite fortuitous though because it left me with an extra $12 which I then spent at the liquor store for like 1000 ml Canadian Host the bottom of the bottom shelf whiskies which I developed a taste for after my dad gifted me a bottle after we reconnected after 12 years of estrangement. I've come to appreciate it's delightful citrusy notes but it really is in fact terrible.

by Anonymousreply 19May 17, 2022 6:40 AM

I do like that lovely looking man in the pupporoni ads. He reminds me of a young greasy Kiefer Sutherland and would throw a mean fuck. After I rubbed his sore cock of course.

by Anonymousreply 20May 17, 2022 7:24 AM

I’m beginning to like those Spectrum commercials with the cabal of spooky characters - the vampire, the mummy, etc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21May 17, 2022 9:15 AM

Has anyone done a wellness check on R18?

by Anonymousreply 22May 17, 2022 9:18 AM

ewan mcgregor's Expedia !!!!!! so shitty

by Anonymousreply 23May 17, 2022 11:26 AM

He has to start lining the coffers now, R23: divorce and child support can be extremely draining on the purse strings (and balls).

Wonder if Wife #3 worked on the Expedia commercial set.

by Anonymousreply 24May 17, 2022 12:05 PM

Two commercials now with the obese dancing red haired guy. So they dare cast him in a Dunkin Donuts spot?

by Anonymousreply 25May 17, 2022 5:35 PM

Sassy woman singing:

I don’t get de-hy-DRAT-ed! I don’t get de-hy-DRAT-ed!

(Repeat for 30 seconds)

by Anonymousreply 26May 17, 2022 5:49 PM

Metro Imaging. Each of the obnoxious people in the ad need to be punched in the face repeatedly.

by Anonymousreply 27May 17, 2022 6:57 PM

Sick to death of JB Smoove screaming his lines in all the Caesars online app gambling commercials. I'm certain he's just playing himself in everyday life.

by Anonymousreply 28May 18, 2022 3:24 PM

The google Pixel commercial with the Lizzo song about skin complexion, this post was the first thing I thought about when I first saw that commercial. That it’s not listed here would only be non surprising if that commercial got its own entire page for how much it is absolutely despised which knowing this group, and certainly hoping 🤞, is the case.

by Anonymousreply 29May 23, 2022 4:16 AM

Let's see...

- "Can I eats it?" - Libberty bibbity or whatever the hell. -Any bingo/slots commercial -The Medusa commercial. Sometimes they play it with the Perseus line, sometimes they don't. It's dumb either way if you know anything about mythology, but without it, it's really awful and anti-male. Plus, like all Amazon ads, it's on all the time if you watch certain sports. - "I'm an actual neuroscientist."

I realize not all of these are new, but they've all aired during this time period.

by Anonymousreply 30May 23, 2022 4:24 AM

R29, that's one of my least favorites as well. The subtext is "all the other cameras are yt ppl shit"

And it's from fucking Google, where they've adopted the opposite of "don't be evil" and harvest your data to sell with no transparency. Data doesn't have a race.

It's more race grievance, which is ridiculous. As though white people were conspiring to make black people take poorly lit pictures this whole time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31May 23, 2022 4:31 AM

Everybody in drug commercials is fat now. Diabetes, heart, stroke commercials - all fat actors.

by Anonymousreply 32May 23, 2022 4:45 AM

The ad with the "hard-of-hearing" lady who interrupts the actors in the western she's watching to speak up because she's hard of hearing. HEY LADY! HOW ABOUT TURNING THE CLOSED CAPTIONS ON BEFORE YOU START WATCHING? If I were deaf, I'd be insulted by this ad.

by Anonymousreply 33May 23, 2022 5:01 AM

Google years ago used to have some gay comm that they would run.

by Anonymousreply 34May 23, 2022 5:29 AM

The yoga pants commercial or whatever it is with a fat black chick launching herself into the air and falling back down in slow motion. Um... dumb.

by Anonymousreply 35May 23, 2022 6:48 AM

The cutesy Chic-Fil-A commercials about a company that is vehemently anti-gay/trans. The cheap as shit KFC commercials with overpriced fried chicken (notice they don't advertise the prices anymore?) and no one playing the Colonel.

by Anonymousreply 36May 23, 2022 1:31 PM

A bucket of KFC runs about 40 bucks now.

by Anonymousreply 37May 23, 2022 4:28 PM

The fucking car commercial with the parents coming home from a PTA meeting and are so afraid of their teenaged daughter, Mom promises her use of the car to end the little shit's interrogation of them.

by Anonymousreply 38May 26, 2022 10:06 PM

R34 that was this commercial.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39May 26, 2022 10:14 PM

I hate the car commercial using the song Wild World by Cat Stevens. And I’m very disappointed that Cat is a sell-out to corporate America.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40May 26, 2022 10:27 PM

The preachy safety belt commercial where they break the news to the mom that her son died in an accident because he wasn’t wearing his seat belt.

by Anonymousreply 41May 28, 2022 4:13 AM

"He had a hot ass, ma'am, but it couldn't last forever. Sorry for your loss."

by Anonymousreply 42May 28, 2022 5:53 AM

R41-It's in pretty bad taste considering it's still airing after the Texas massacre.

by Anonymousreply 43May 28, 2022 3:12 PM

OTOH, I still enjoy this ad, though I've seen the short version several times. Sizzle, baby.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44May 28, 2022 6:10 PM

The commercial in which some idiot is asked to name his favorite food and he names "buffet". couldn't be any dumber.

by Anonymousreply 45May 28, 2022 6:16 PM

THOSE FUCKING UBER EATS COMMERCIALS

by Anonymousreply 46May 28, 2022 6:25 PM

It’s for Hampton Inn or some other hotel chain that shows a girl with Down’s Syndrome having breakfast with her dad and she pours chocolate and maple syrup over her fully loaded Belgian waffle. Like she doesn’t already struggle with Down’s, now he’s going to let her become diabetic too?

by Anonymousreply 47May 28, 2022 6:40 PM

I hardly ever see commercials? What shows are you guys watching?

by Anonymousreply 48May 28, 2022 6:42 PM

An ad for some kind of online/home schooling thing. The announcer talks about kids struggling to find their career path: "BUT NOT OUR SYDNEY!"

by Anonymousreply 49May 28, 2022 7:35 PM

One that I'm loving is the True Classic Tee commercials. Both guys are hot but especially the bearded guy.

by Anonymousreply 50May 28, 2022 7:45 PM

The Skyrizi commercials which they seem to keep remixing with different genres of music.

by Anonymousreply 51May 28, 2022 8:07 PM

From the same hospital that gave you that fucking stupid Christmas commercial last year with the unicorn in the ICU, comes the spot with the 57 year old "Sunshine On My Shoulders" Having a baby at the age of 57. Yeah, sure. After a brain tumor.

by Anonymousreply 52June 9, 2022 12:55 AM

More hate for fucking Skyrizi. All the rip-off Medicare Part C commercials, especially the one with a hideous JJ Walker squalling “MONEEE!”

by Anonymousreply 53June 9, 2022 1:05 AM

R53 JJ Walker's Medicare commercial ties with Broadway Joe Namath's version. They both make me cringe. JJ looks like he's had skin grafts and Joe looks like Bela Lugosi's offspring.

by Anonymousreply 54June 9, 2022 1:41 AM

LOL r54 Broadway Joe really does look like the living dead at this point! And it’s like he can’t even open his eyes - perhaps because the sunlight burns!

by Anonymousreply 55June 9, 2022 1:45 AM

There’s a commercial here in the Bay Area for a pipe refitting company, that airs a commercial during every news broadcast. In it a fat (I mean 350+lbs)guy singing opera goes to take a shower wearing a shower cap & robe…he disrobes & starts scrubbing & singing in the shower.

The gross part is that his boobs sag down to his hips! I usually eat dinner during the news, but I have to look away, it’s so gross.

by Anonymousreply 56June 9, 2022 1:48 AM

Those non-stop Serena Williams Ubrelvy commercials give ME a migraine!

by Anonymousreply 57June 9, 2022 1:53 AM

[quote]One that I'm loving is the True Classic Tee commercials. Both guys are hot but especially the bearded guy.

Oh I so want to have a threeway with those guys, r50. They play it too much but I enjoy the eye candy!

by Anonymousreply 58June 9, 2022 2:07 AM

I think it's a drug commercial. with some some guy singing. "I got my hair on my head"? I hot my hands on my head?" The lyrics are so difficult to understand and it's the same for many commercials.

**barely audible whisper** "This is the sound of nature breathing..." WHAT?!? SPEAK UP!!!

by Anonymousreply 59June 9, 2022 2:21 AM

Anybody else old? There was a huge football player - maybe in the 70s or 80s - who knitted or crocheted, as a hobby. He'd talk about it on late night chat shows, but I can't remember his name. But he was a big star.

by Anonymousreply 60June 9, 2022 2:38 AM

Rosey Grier.

by Anonymousreply 61June 9, 2022 2:43 AM

He also told Bobby Brady it was ok to be a canary.

by Anonymousreply 62June 9, 2022 2:44 AM

Strike that. It was Peter Brady that was the canary.

by Anonymousreply 63June 9, 2022 3:08 AM

THANK YOU, R60. I hate when I can't remember somebody's name.

And R62 was it Rosey who told Bobby Brady it was ok to be a canary? He weighed like 350 pounds!! Interesting.

I loved that guy - now I can look him up, it says Roosevelt Grier became an actor - and it was needlepoint.

America needs more eccentrics! I feel like we're losing them.

by Anonymousreply 64June 9, 2022 3:09 AM

Oops I was typing my R64 while you were posting the correction. Now I gotta look up Peter Brady lol. I thought he was the cute one on the Brady Bunch lol.

by Anonymousreply 65June 9, 2022 3:11 AM

Sorry to be so off-topic but another eccentric I miss is Quentin Crisp. A former rentboy (in London) who said he was looking for love but all he got was abuse. Boy was he idealistic.

Anyway, as an elderly guy, 60 I guess, he moved to New York (after being a theatre actor I think) -- anyway, he left his phone number in the phone book and encouraged just anybody to call him as he lived alone and loved to talk to people - just anybody. (he was on the Letterman show a lot)

His apartment was a hovel - and he said if you don't clean for 3 years, it plateaus and never gets worse - but you have to stay the course and never give in and start cleaning! (in parts of my home, I've found that to be true -- but I haven't been able to convert all my living space into a hoarder's paradise. Maybe one day I can find the gumption to do it, in honor of dear old Quentin)

by Anonymousreply 66June 9, 2022 3:16 AM

Those Michael Buble soft drink commercials are terrible. Not creative at all.

by Anonymousreply 67June 9, 2022 3:20 AM

It's not airing right now but the one where the woman is in tears about her palm sweat. An anti-perspirant commercial. It's so fake.

Right now it's the one where the guy shows up in a full suit, rents a van, surfs, comes back, and doesn't just hug, but hug-attacks the "cool black guy" who rented it to him. Ew.

by Anonymousreply 68June 9, 2022 3:23 AM

R64: Rosie Grier is remembered, too, as the man who cradled Bobby Kennedy's head as he lay dying from the assassin's bullet.

by Anonymousreply 69June 9, 2022 3:29 AM

OMG - I didn't know that! Didn't someone place a rosary in his hand as he lay dying?

by Anonymousreply 70June 9, 2022 3:33 AM

[quote]Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse, we have the Liberty Mutual emu marriage ceremony.

All I want to know is: What did Kevin know and when did he know it?🙊

by Anonymousreply 71June 9, 2022 3:34 AM

Where do you guys see these commercials? I only watch youtube and occasionally hulu, but I don't think hulu has commercials??

I wonder was percentage of the population still sees commercials? You like have to watch regular broadcast tv, right?

Sorry if this is a stupid question - maybe I'm the only one who has left my former life, where I watched tv shows and sports event and such, without streaming them or whatever without ads

by Anonymousreply 72June 9, 2022 3:36 AM

* I wonder WHAT percentage

by Anonymousreply 73June 9, 2022 3:36 AM

Two are bugging me right now:

Insurance Flo's blonde sister (Flo in a bad wig.) who shuts the door in Flo's face. I don't get it, is it supposed to be funny? Cause it ain't! At least Flo is bundling with "Tom Hamm" now. That's kinda cute.

The older black guy with his wife pushing Nutrisystems and he gets choked up while trying to give his reason for losing weight. Can't speak and looks off into the distance as his wife tells him "it's all right." Oh brother! What a sappy ad.

by Anonymousreply 74June 9, 2022 4:03 AM

R69 I loved her on In Living Color. Also known as "The Refrigerator" because she cast off suitors unworthy of her. She danced like a vengeful angel and choreographed her soul In Living Color!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75June 9, 2022 4:07 AM

I hate those True Classic Tees commercials with those dude-bros. The dialogue is really stupid. I think they are going for clever and meta, and I bet the bear one with a beard is just as obnoxious in real life, as he seems in the ad. I also hate the Grifter Christian commercial that is all about sending money to help the elder Jews. It's the Christian duty to help the Jews they say, Jews far away in other lands. Their plea used to be to help the old Jews in Russia, and now it's the old Jews in Ukraine. Guess they had to switch it when anything Russian became unpopular. They have these staged scenes of bringing food to the old Jewish women in peasant clothing, who look like they are living in a barn. It's probably filmed in New Jersey. Someone should investigate where that money really goes that these scammers collect. It's not going to old Jewish women in Russia or the Ukraine.

by Anonymousreply 76June 9, 2022 6:46 AM

The itchy talking dog

Tom Selleck getting defensive about reverse mortgages

Depression with the cardboard faces

by Anonymousreply 77June 9, 2022 6:59 AM

I’m sick of Candace, who works from home. If the bitch is home all the time why does she need to bother with pee pants?

by Anonymousreply 78June 9, 2022 7:12 AM

[quote]I also hate the Grifter Christian commercial that is all about sending money to help the elder Jews. It's the Christian duty to help the Jews they say, Jews far away in other lands. Their plea used to be to help the old Jews in Russia, and now it's the old Jews in Ukraine... Someone should investigate where that money really goes that these scammers collect. It's not going to old Jewish women in Russia or the Ukraine.

I think Mike Huckabee is connected to those ads, r76, so for sure it’s some kind of scam

by Anonymousreply 79June 9, 2022 12:37 PM

"The peanut butter box is here" for Chewy. Worst possible voices to match those dogs. The Brit voice sounds like he was recording with a dick in his mouth.

by Anonymousreply 80June 9, 2022 2:02 PM

[quote]If the bitch is home all the time why does she need to bother with pee pants?

You don’t want to sit on her couch.

Trust.

by Anonymousreply 81June 9, 2022 5:00 PM

The Youtube ad with the woman shrieking that "Cole was my miracle child." Her voice is like nails on a chalkboard. I blame Marlo Thomas for this.

by Anonymousreply 82June 9, 2022 5:23 PM

R80, I assume that the voice of the St. Bernard in the Chewy commercial is based on Mel Blanc's voice of Willoughby, the big dumb dog in the 1940 Warner Bros. cartoon "Of Fox and Hound". He's chasing a fox and keeps asking his companion "Which way did he go, George?", not realizing that George is the fox. George is smart and keeps sending Willoughby running off in the wrong direction, which Willoughby keeps falling for, to the extent of finally running off a cliff. The cartoon was a parody of Steinbeck's story "Of Mice and Men" -- I always thought it was mean to make fun of such a tragic tale, but I still can't help laughing at it.

by Anonymousreply 83June 9, 2022 5:42 PM

[quote] "Which way did he go, George?",

Exactly how many punctuation marks do you think you need?

by Anonymousreply 84June 9, 2022 5:45 PM

R72 it’s called live tv and a lot of people watch it everyday.

by Anonymousreply 85June 9, 2022 5:56 PM

R83-Willoughby did not have a British accent.

by Anonymousreply 86June 9, 2022 6:04 PM

R86, I don't hear a British accent from the St. Bernard in the Chewy ad.

R84, one comma in the quote and one after it -- two different speakers.

by Anonymousreply 87June 9, 2022 6:07 PM

The St Bernard definitely has a working-class British accent.

by Anonymousreply 88June 9, 2022 6:13 PM

Pelaton. Any of their commercials. I hate them all. Kars 4 Kids. This commercial is on during the local news every night. I've just started muting commercials and unmuting when the news comes on.

by Anonymousreply 89June 9, 2022 6:20 PM

The worst thing about the Ukranian Jews commercial is that it's FIVE FUCKING MINUTES LONG. I have to change the channel, then forget to change it back and miss Jules introducing the mystery house.

by Anonymousreply 90June 9, 2022 6:29 PM

Itch. Scratch. Itch itch scratch

Can’t. Mute. Fast enough

by Anonymousreply 91June 9, 2022 7:13 PM

WTF is up with that daytime ad running on MSNBC for the weird witch-doctor/psychic promising to reunite loved ones? Subliminal messaging?

by Anonymousreply 92June 9, 2022 8:00 PM

That bitchy Dad Cab guy in the HPV vaccination ad. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 93June 9, 2022 10:55 PM

I hate that commercial with the butch blonde lady with the big sunglasses. There's something wrong with her eyes and she's trying to sell pills. There's something sinister about her that I don't trust.

by Anonymousreply 94June 9, 2022 11:03 PM

You know that’s Ginni Thomas, right R94?

by Anonymousreply 95June 9, 2022 11:20 PM

Seeing Ginni in sunglasses is far more preferable to seeing Giant bugging Marty Feldman eyeballs.

by Anonymousreply 96June 10, 2022 2:09 PM

The Alexa commercial with the older couple. She clearly has dementia. I don’t hate her because she acts like she has dementia or that she’s ugly. I just dislike this commercial because it’s shown too often and makes me uncomfortable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97June 10, 2022 4:22 PM

The one (for some medicine) with a little half-white half-Asian kid who is SO ugly, poor thing. Then he smiles and he's even uglier.

by Anonymousreply 98June 10, 2022 4:27 PM

Azo feminine pills. The woman is checking out with three boxes for her crotch stink and telling the clerk "This is for feminine odor and this one is for blah blah blah" and the cashier says "Feminine hygiene aisle, right?" Well where the fuck else would those pills be? In the produce section?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99June 10, 2022 4:39 PM

Does Capital One know their tall bear is a rightwing Breibart troll??

by Anonymousreply 100June 10, 2022 9:00 PM

R97 I love that commercial. The first time I saw it, I had tears in my eyes. And the music is beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 101June 11, 2022 5:42 PM

The more I see that commercial, R101, the more I think the actress is not very skilled (overacting) and that it is the husband who supposed to be infirm.

Yes, the music and sentiment are touching, but the casting director could have done better.

My $.02

by Anonymousreply 102June 11, 2022 6:02 PM

R101 I think that commercial is lovely.

And the guy who plays the husband as a young man is gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 103June 11, 2022 6:12 PM

Jesus Christ, how I LOATHE this commercial! I gather he's one of those so-caller "influencer," whatever that is.

And it matters not what channel/what type of programming I watch-- MSNBC, CNN, INSP (don't judge--I'm a TV Western fiend!), Sundance, STARZ, Military History Channel, Smithsonian, WEtv, ViceTV, etc etc etc.

Dude is like that ugly troll MSNBC has been pumping and pushing on viewers, "OI'M [bold]MEDHI HASAN,[/bold] AND OI DONT HAAAVE AN INSOYD VOICE! BUT OI'M SMAARTER THAN YOU, AND YOU *WILL* LISTEN!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104June 11, 2022 6:54 PM

R101 is wishy washy

by Anonymousreply 105June 11, 2022 6:59 PM

R101 probably flicks her bean to the Jimmy Walker MONEE commercial.

by Anonymousreply 106June 11, 2022 7:00 PM

That iced tea commercial they show at least twice in a complete commercial break with “Pour Some Sugar on Me.” And speaking of commercial breaks and long commercials the St. Jude commercials which now purposely takes up half the commercial set cause they know people are always changing it and coming back a minute later. So depressing, this way if it makes you contemplate suicide you have plenty of time to make up your mind. Some people like to have the tv on when they’re getting it on, right? What happens when that St. Jude commercial comes on right as things are getting hot and heavy? Usually it’s your own kids that are supposed to kill your sex life. Because of these commercials when I’m watching Xvids or any xxx sites on my iPad I make sure to have the remote as near by as possible. Thankfully the new remotes out aren’t looking as much like lotion bottles like they used to 😝

by Anonymousreply 107June 12, 2022 12:01 AM

Lol r107. Or the ASPCA commercials? I would never fuck with those on.

by Anonymousreply 108June 12, 2022 12:04 AM

I fuck while watching emus get married.

by Anonymousreply 109June 12, 2022 4:42 PM

Dropps “drop the bad stuff” laundry commercial with all the deformed and misshapen. Well the first guy taking his shirt off was gorgeous and had a rockin washboard but it went downhill fast. Don’t know if woke also stands for body image but this is one of those commercials,

by Anonymousreply 110June 13, 2022 10:52 AM

I was watching Hulu today and saw two Progressive ads with Flo and Jon Hamm. It took me about 20 seconds to realize that was Jon cause he is looking weirdly waxy, swollen and... different. Not sure if it's aging or he had some bad surgery/fillers but whatever it is he has hit the wall hard.

For the person earlier who said they watch Hulu and Youtube and never see commercials, there are 2 levels of Hulu: premium and ad-sponsored. Also you can pay for Youtube Premium and it eliminates ads, so some of us poors still see those annoying commercials

by Anonymousreply 111June 14, 2022 6:18 PM

Janelle Monae’s Cadillac commercial. She was absolutely the last person that I thought would sell out like that.

by Anonymousreply 112June 14, 2022 6:27 PM

The Alexa "Only Have Eyes For You" commercial bugs me because as the younger couple the man is a full head taller than the girl. Now that they're old it looks like she's taller than him. So it makes me wonder a.) she was a child at that dance and grew at least a half a foot; b.) the man has severe osteoporosis and shrunk a half foot or c.) she is remembering some other hot dude from years ago while dancing with the old man.

by Anonymousreply 113June 14, 2022 6:32 PM

And why does the song start over in the middle of the verse? Is that how Alexa works?

by Anonymousreply 114June 14, 2022 6:46 PM

"Ring" has an ad with chef Cat Cora shilling their in-home alarm system. Whoever hired her is doing a disservice because she has zero personality, charisma or acting ability. She is so stiff and the dude they have with her is almost as bad. They should have hired two puppets.

by Anonymousreply 115June 14, 2022 9:16 PM

Also R115, her eyes are bloodshot and nasty.

by Anonymousreply 116June 14, 2022 10:21 PM

What’s up with that citi commercial with the AOC look alike doing the conga up the escalator LOL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117June 14, 2022 10:25 PM

The one with Jimmy Walker yelling at the screen...D-Y-N-O-M-I-T-E...I swear I just switch channel everytime he comes on...and he comes on quite often...are people who work in those ad agencies retarded and are their clients even more so ?

by Anonymousreply 118June 14, 2022 11:04 PM

No gas no squeegee? No gas no squeegee.

That one is getting on my last nerve.

Someone above mentioned that MSNBC has Kars 4 Kids on a lot lately and I can't turn the channel fast enough when it comes on. The other night I was in the kitchen and stuck listening to the whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 119June 14, 2022 11:54 PM

Jimmy Walker is even uglier than when he was younger.

by Anonymousreply 120June 15, 2022 1:00 AM

I still want to find out what Kevin knows and why Doug doesn't it revealed at Emu's wedding.

by Anonymousreply 121June 15, 2022 1:41 AM

It's a gay wedding.

by Anonymousreply 122June 15, 2022 4:49 PM

Some commercial for womens's mental health supplements over the internet. (Its on Hulu ALL the time). There's some albinoish woman staring at a bottle of pills.like a lover in it.

by Anonymousreply 123June 15, 2022 5:17 PM

I saw one about them making clothes out of recycled bottles they pick up by all sewage near the beach, forgot the name of the brand but it sounds disgusting. Not as much as a hoax as this one other commercial that runs at night about miracle water they claim is beyond holy water that cures disease and illness. I saw it aired during a Gillian’s Island marathon which is about how seriously I’d take to this bs. In fact I’d more so drink their bathed in and bathroom used island water and believe it to be more miraculous than the Jesus water they’re selling.

by Anonymousreply 124June 15, 2022 5:22 PM

I really hate the customer in this commercial for weinersnitchel. She's trying way too hard to be Jennifer Aniston.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125June 19, 2022 9:02 PM

Wienerschnitzel is still in business? Last time I heard of them was in the Albert Brooks movie "Lost in America."

by Anonymousreply 126June 20, 2022 1:25 AM

R125 A commercial with zero POC , that is rare.

by Anonymousreply 127June 20, 2022 6:23 AM

The old lady with the baby looking over the Grand Canyon. I have to hit Mute and look away.

by Anonymousreply 128June 20, 2022 2:22 PM

Those infomercials for Shriner’s Hospital. Any infomercials using hasbeen or B & C list celebrities promoting skin care products and such.

by Anonymousreply 129June 20, 2022 4:58 PM

This one for Acura. Is that what passes for singing now?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130June 20, 2022 7:46 PM

R118, I've been seeing those damn Jimmy Walker Medicare ads on Nickelodeon channels! Along with the Barbie Doll, Lunchables and Froot Loops ads. Guess it's never too soon to get kids thinking about Medicare.

by Anonymousreply 131June 20, 2022 8:33 PM

Jimmie is so ugly to the point of being offensive.

by Anonymousreply 132June 21, 2022 12:56 AM

The Visiting Angels commercial with the old lady wearing what looks like the wig Norman Bates wore at the end of Psycho. She plays a piano and looks so creepy.

by Anonymousreply 133June 21, 2022 9:57 AM

The one where Jennifer Aniston is shilling some sort of protein drink. It's so guazy and new-agey you just want to ask how many millions she got paid to do it.

by Anonymousreply 134June 21, 2022 12:53 PM

R134-Is that the stupid one where she can't sleep?

by Anonymousreply 135June 21, 2022 1:50 PM

Another vote against the obnoxious Karen cunt in the J C Penney ads. If only I had an assault rifle handy.

by Anonymousreply 136June 21, 2022 2:21 PM

You leave Gladys alone, R133!

She was Teddy Roosevelt’s nanny!!

by Anonymousreply 137June 21, 2022 5:06 PM

The one where a the children strip while announcing “Cover up my skin? Not meee!”, while a million pedophile and pederast hearts ‘n palms begin a thumpin’.

by Anonymousreply 138June 21, 2022 5:47 PM

R138 Thoshe commercialsh are my favoritesh!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139June 21, 2022 6:21 PM

r109, NOT TODAY KEVIN!

by Anonymousreply 140June 21, 2022 6:26 PM

No, 135, she just mouths a bunch of shit about best lives and pictures of her with her old nose pop up now and again. Then she plays a record.

by Anonymousreply 141June 21, 2022 7:52 PM

No, R134, its some lame thing where she spouts some platitudes while pictures of her living her best life flood the screen. Then she plays a record while acting like she lives simply.

by Anonymousreply 142June 21, 2022 8:23 PM

I’m grossed out by these ads for a product that compiles stories from senior citizens and then binds them into a book. It’s extremely condescending to older people. I’m hissing just thinking about it.

by Anonymousreply 143June 22, 2022 12:23 AM

"Now that we're up, who wants French Toast"?

by Anonymousreply 144June 22, 2022 3:43 PM

I hate the employment commercial (UpWork) in which the announcer introduces Talia from Texas and "her favorite shade of green," and the bitch rudely corrects him with, "It's actually Salem Clover." Who would hire such an annoying creature?

by Anonymousreply 145June 22, 2022 3:51 PM

The GMC pick up truck where the man smacks his friends hand before he touches his truck’s “command center” with his Cheetos covered fingers.

by Anonymousreply 146June 22, 2022 4:00 PM

R125 I can see what you mean. The way she delivers her lines and her reaction is very 90's sitcomy.

by Anonymousreply 147June 22, 2022 4:15 PM

I’m watching Facts of Life repeats on Logo this afternoon. The promos and commercials are a stark reality check that 40 years have gone by and the innocence of the girls hot wiring the school van compared to commercials with a bunch of porn ho’s in VH1 Basketball bitches is sickening

by Anonymousreply 148June 22, 2022 8:11 PM

I agree, R138. Why would a little kid be so loath to "hide my skin"? It sounds like some kind of exhibitionist fetish, which is troubling in a nine year-old.

by Anonymousreply 149June 22, 2022 8:50 PM

R149 is a perv

by Anonymousreply 150June 22, 2022 8:55 PM

Silly me, R149. And here I thought they were saying they were not embarrassed to show their psoriasis skin anymore. I need to pay more attention.

by Anonymousreply 151June 22, 2022 9:53 PM

I hope you're right, R151. But the tone of voice doesn't suggest your interpretation and I find it creepy.

by Anonymousreply 152June 23, 2022 12:44 AM

How has nobody mentioned the ad for the AquaCare shower head with the dumb cunt taking a shower with her face mask on?? She screams into her mask as the dirty, germs water rains down on her. Good god!

Followed by Vivica A Fox’s Car Shield ad where she looks freshly embalmed. Her tits are gelatinous.

by Anonymousreply 153June 23, 2022 6:18 PM

The latest CarShield commercial that sounds like a Republican political ad. Your God-given right to save money is under attack!

by Anonymousreply 154June 23, 2022 9:00 PM

I noticed that too, R154. Et Tu Car Shield???

by Anonymousreply 155June 23, 2022 10:59 PM

Just saw this ad on TV. The guys are cute but something about it is annoying.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156June 27, 2022 5:55 PM

All the pharm ads all the fricking time. They must be making boatloads of cash to have all those ads out there.

by Anonymousreply 157June 27, 2022 6:18 PM

I ALSO have noticed how fat women are in commercials now....like, fukkit, im an unhealthy cow and dont care.....geez

by Anonymousreply 158June 27, 2022 6:35 PM

The Uqora commercial where the bitch proudly shares that she had 8 UTIs in one year. Stop wearing thongs and clean yourself, bitch!

The Safelite commercial where the woman is on her MORNING walk with friends. She gets notified that her service tech will be at her house between 4:00 and 4:30 pm, then tells her friends, "I have a few more minutes!" Um, if you're on your morning walk, and have a 4 PM appointment, you have all fucking day!

R59, that's Nina Simone singing that horrid song on the vitamin commercial. I can't stand that ad!

by Anonymousreply 159June 27, 2022 8:01 PM

Is there anything worse right now that the ubiquitous commercials with the “get your docs in a row” song for people who are too stupid to know how to make a doctor’s appointment?

by Anonymousreply 160June 27, 2022 9:08 PM

The Chevy truck commercial- “my command center”.

by Anonymousreply 161June 27, 2022 10:00 PM

The newest anti tobacco commercial has those Ned from South Park people that sound like robots with that device they apply to their neck. This is like a best of compilation almost looking like they’re ready to bust out their own rendition of We Are the World or something.

by Anonymousreply 162June 28, 2022 5:52 AM

"What's the future?"

"Do fish get thirsty?"

by Anonymousreply 163June 28, 2022 4:37 PM

I’m sick of those Stoppette commercials.

Every damn time.

by Anonymousreply 164June 28, 2022 4:48 PM

WTF happened to Jon Hamm's face?

by Anonymousreply 165June 28, 2022 5:50 PM

The drive time shield or whatever where the dude talks about his failed plans of a bubble bath and pedicure for the afternoon. He’s annoying AND ugly.

by Anonymousreply 166June 28, 2022 10:28 PM

Another for the anti tobacco commercials with the black “poet” quoting how their main target is the black and the stupid. Bullshit. Again trying to make it a black and white issue ONLY. Last I checked the Asian community outnumbered the black and white community heavily where I live in the SGV portion of Los Angeles and many of the biggest cities here in the US for that matter. And that’s exactly who you see smoking more than anyone. But spin it in the direction you want to get your point across. Kind of a Fox News approach but ok.

by Anonymousreply 167June 30, 2022 1:09 AM

This one, the woman leaves the cute guy to get Tacobell 🤮 What are they insinuating ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168July 5, 2022 11:04 AM

R168 That she prefers to eat tacos over hanging out with men?

by Anonymousreply 169July 5, 2022 12:11 PM

Lil Caleb better watch his ass now that lil Sebastian is grifting for the Shriners.

by Anonymousreply 170July 6, 2022 1:51 AM

Caleb must be 40 by now. He may have brittle bone disease but he wasn't expecting an enlarged prostate.

by Anonymousreply 171July 6, 2022 1:59 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!