Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Day 1 of the ‘How to Murder Your Husband’ Writer's Trial

[quote] Crampton Brophy was arrested in September 2018 for the murder of her husband, Oregon Culinary Institute Instructor Daniel Brophy. Brophy was found fatally shot inside OCI on the morning of June 2, 2018.

[quote] In 2011, Nancy Crampton Brophy wrote a blog post titled “How to Murder Your Husband” for a writers workshop. The blog post received a lot of attention around the time of Crampton Brophy’s arrest. However, at the start of the trial Monday, Judge Christopher Ramras announced the blog post would be excluded from the trial’s evidence.

[quote] In late 2017, Nancy Crampton Brophy began researching ghost guns online. The prosecution says this was one of the first steps she took toward plotting her husband’s murder, but the defense said it was part of her research for a new novel she was planning — one about a woman in an abusive relationship who wanted to buy a gun but couldn’t because she’d been previously hospitalized for depression.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12November 15, 2022 7:00 PM

Why do so many people do this? They will write books, plays, blogs, etc. A blueprint of the murder they are going to or already have commit: Erik Menendez, who killed his parents in 1989, may have earlier written screenplay about a son who killed his parents.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 5, 2022 2:35 AM

She is full of shit. She premeditated that murder.

by Anonymousreply 2April 5, 2022 2:37 AM

Days after the shooting, Crampton-Brophy had allegedly also asked cops to provide her with a letter saying she wasn’t a suspect in her husband’s murder so she could collect on his life insurance policy worth $40,000.

According to court documents, authorities later learned Crampton-Brophy stood to gain $1.5 million from her husband’s death.

Real subtle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 5, 2022 2:53 AM

With a face like that she should've done the world a favour and topped herself.

by Anonymousreply 4April 5, 2022 3:07 AM

R4: Hideous. I am surprised he didn't shoot her so he no longer had to look at it . Yikes!

by Anonymousreply 5April 5, 2022 3:09 AM

I'm getting my fatsuit ready so I can play her in a movie

by Anonymousreply 6April 7, 2022 6:16 PM

No outraged kids or siblings?

by Anonymousreply 7April 7, 2022 6:31 PM

I believe my ex partner once worked in their house as a tradesman.

I remember him telling me how nice their home was and how one of us needed to figure out how to get into the romance novel gig.

by Anonymousreply 8April 7, 2022 6:43 PM

Crampton Brophy sounds like a law firm that didn’t hire Jews until 1997.

by Anonymousreply 9April 7, 2022 6:50 PM

Guilty

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 30, 2022 1:16 AM

R6 too bad Meryl, Cybill's got there first. This movie could be a DL classic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 15, 2022 5:28 PM

I'd have to be pretty stupid to write a book about killing and then kill him the way I described in my book. I'd be announcing myself as the killer. I'm not stupid.

by Anonymousreply 12November 15, 2022 7:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!