Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Australian Politics

Christopher Pyne and Tim Wilson in the Prayer Room, my oh my

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201August 28, 2022 1:45 AM

The guy in that video is beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 1April 4, 2022 4:52 AM

The guy in the vid deserves a bump. Is he gay?

by Anonymousreply 2April 5, 2022 4:41 AM

No one cares about Australian politics. Least of all Australians.

by Anonymousreply 3April 5, 2022 4:50 AM

Jords seems like a very spiteful person.

by Anonymousreply 4April 5, 2022 4:54 AM

[quote] No one cares about Australian politics

No datalounger cares about videos that go over two minutes.

[quote] The guy in the vid

He sounds petulant and a bit over-motional.

[quote] Christopher Pyne and Tim Wilson

Is there anything in this overlong video which justifies this prick-teasing intro?

by Anonymousreply 5April 5, 2022 4:56 AM

Motional, R5?

by Anonymousreply 6April 5, 2022 5:10 AM

[quote] Jords seems like a very spiteful person.

Why do you say that?

by Anonymousreply 7April 5, 2022 5:11 AM

You don't get that from his manner?

by Anonymousreply 8April 5, 2022 5:11 AM

[quote] my oh my

What are you upset about?

by Anonymousreply 9April 5, 2022 5:17 AM

[quote] Jords seems like a very spiteful person.

This shorter video might explain some of this over-emotional young man's issues

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 5, 2022 5:24 AM

Motional, R10.

by Anonymousreply 11April 5, 2022 5:30 AM

This vaguely-cute young men unfortunately lives with his mother.

Why isn't he out romancing this other young man in his hometown—

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 5, 2022 5:34 AM

Has anything interesting happened there since Holt and Whitlam? Apart from that recent trial of the Pope's colleague, hard to think of anything.

by Anonymousreply 13April 5, 2022 5:41 AM

Chris Pyne is just a generic upper crust doofus.

by Anonymousreply 14April 5, 2022 5:44 AM

Penny Wong is a bully.

by Anonymousreply 15April 5, 2022 5:49 AM

Penny Wong (in front) is a very smoooth operator but I wouldn't trust her for a minute.

Kristina Keneally (in the middle) wears 6 items of make-up on those very rare occasions when she speaks to her electorate. She lost 1 or 2 or is it 3 elections?

The snarling one (in the back) with the unfortunate hair scraps in the Senate enquiry room like a female dog.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 5, 2022 5:55 AM

There are very very few people in Australian politics from all the parties that are not utterly revolting.

by Anonymousreply 17April 5, 2022 5:59 AM

R16 Kristina Keneally lost the NSW State Election in 2011. Left state politics and then got parachuted into the Federal ALP Senate in 2017 or 2018. Did not have to face an election in the senate at the last federal election because she had replaced somebody who was elected in a year not up for re-election last time (so much for fucking democracy in Australia).

Because she is widely hated within the ALP she couldn't get 1st or 2nd place on the Senate ticket so she has been parachuted into the very safe seat of Fairfield.

Horrible person in every respect.

by Anonymousreply 18April 5, 2022 6:16 AM

R17 That Sir Les Patterson is one of the better politicians says a lot.

by Anonymousreply 19April 5, 2022 6:18 AM

Despite what you say, R18, Kristina Keneally, is VERY photogenic.

Australia has COMPULSORY voting so the brainless ones will vote for the beautiful Kristina (like Canadians vote for Trudeau).

by Anonymousreply 20April 5, 2022 6:21 AM

Has Pauline Hanson been vaccinated yet ?

by Anonymousreply 21April 5, 2022 6:24 AM

^ Pauline has only about 3% of the national vote.

by Anonymousreply 22April 5, 2022 6:27 AM

[quote] Is there anything in this overlong video which justifies this prick-teasing intro?

Yea. Christopher Pyne left politics immediately after being investigated for having staffers bring rent boys into Parliament House to have sex with in the Prayer Rooms.

by Anonymousreply 23April 5, 2022 8:32 AM

Pyne is married. Stop spreading rumours unless you have some evidence,

by Anonymousreply 24April 5, 2022 8:58 AM

There is evidence of the investigation. Watch the video.

by Anonymousreply 25April 5, 2022 9:06 AM

R2, Jordi isn't gay. He stands for free speech in Australia which is slowly going down the toilet, due to a bunch of religious right wing nut jobs..Looking at you Scomo and Dominic Perrottet. R24, Pyne is very mincy. Married or not doesn't stop him from hiring Rent boys. Love Jordi's humour!

by Anonymousreply 26April 5, 2022 9:58 AM

R21 Please explain?

by Anonymousreply 27April 5, 2022 10:41 AM

R3 Yeah, that's why they're fined if they don't vote.

by Anonymousreply 28April 5, 2022 10:46 AM

R28 It's only $25 (I think) and the Electoral Commission will pretty much except any excuse.

With COVID running rampant people will only need to say that they had to remain isolated due to being a close contact of a COVID case and they'll avoid the fine. It's not like the Electoral Commission are going to investigate. They don't have anywhere near the resources.

by Anonymousreply 29April 5, 2022 10:49 AM

[quote] Pyne is very mincy

So, R26. Do you hate Pyne for being effeminate? Or for being homosexual?

by Anonymousreply 30April 5, 2022 11:30 AM

R30, the former.

by Anonymousreply 31April 5, 2022 9:45 PM

Yes, R31, we don't approve of effeminates! Despite being chained into the so-called "LGBTCIXQ Community".

by Anonymousreply 32April 6, 2022 12:25 AM

Is the guy at R12 one of his acquaintances?

by Anonymousreply 33April 6, 2022 2:23 AM

Alan Jones. Why?

by Anonymousreply 34April 6, 2022 2:24 AM

R34 Who are you taking to?

by Anonymousreply 35April 6, 2022 2:46 AM

The universe.

by Anonymousreply 36April 6, 2022 2:52 AM

Despite that people like to think Christopher Pyne (and Alexander Downer before) are closeted gays there are straight.

Pyne & Downer and effeminate heterosexuals - they do exist. Just like straight acting butch gay men exist.

There are some closeted people in Australian politics (not many mind you - most are out) but I'm not going to name and shame without proof.

by Anonymousreply 37April 6, 2022 9:35 AM

Downer is straight. I won't comment further.

by Anonymousreply 38April 6, 2022 9:42 AM

R37, preach preach. Don't tell me how to such eggs thanks.

by Anonymousreply 39April 6, 2022 9:43 AM

The Jordy video has been pulled.

by Anonymousreply 40April 6, 2022 9:44 AM

*** suck, damn it!

by Anonymousreply 41April 6, 2022 9:44 AM

R40, video is still up.

by Anonymousreply 42April 6, 2022 9:46 AM

Oh yeah?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43April 6, 2022 9:47 AM

You’re terrible, Muriel!

by Anonymousreply 44April 6, 2022 11:35 AM

No one thought Downer was gay. He just just an Adelaide private schoolboy.

The video is here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45April 6, 2022 12:55 PM

R45 Actually, when prior to Downer becoming leader of the opposition back when Keating was PM he was quizzed heavily by the LNP heavies to ensure that he wasn't gay.

Downer has always been very girly but his strictly for the girls. Got along like a house in fire with that cunt Condi Rice.

My mother knows Downer's sister Stella. I've never met her, but my mother (a life long ALP supporter) says she is really nice and down to earth as is her husband (who she thinks is also an ALP supporter).

by Anonymousreply 46April 6, 2022 1:45 PM

This has got to be one of the funniest political stunts ever in Australia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47April 6, 2022 1:47 PM

Shame Gladys had to resign. She really knew who to rule!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48April 6, 2022 1:51 PM

Nah, Downer was mostly considered gay when he posed for a “guess the celebrity feet” picture for charity in fishnet hose and high heels.

Of course the mouth breathing cartoonists ran with it for the next 30 years.

by Anonymousreply 49April 6, 2022 2:55 PM

The younger pollies are openly gay. The 50 pluses are closeted.l

by Anonymousreply 50April 6, 2022 10:08 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51April 6, 2022 10:20 PM

Jordies is a malicious cunt.

by Anonymousreply 52April 6, 2022 10:39 PM

Jordie's videos were as crowded, messy and unfunny as that appalling transvestite from MInneapolis.

by Anonymousreply 53April 6, 2022 10:44 PM

[quote] as that appalling transvestite from MInneapolis.

Prince?

by Anonymousreply 54April 6, 2022 11:29 PM

Jords is a creep.

by Anonymousreply 55April 7, 2022 10:06 PM

Jords is like Eric Boehlert.

He doesn't create anything; he merely criticizes what others are doing.

by Anonymousreply 56April 8, 2022 3:25 AM

He's got a smarmy manner.

by Anonymousreply 57April 8, 2022 8:39 AM

R56, did Eric commit suicide or was his death an 'accident'

by Anonymousreply 58April 8, 2022 9:46 AM

[quote] did Eric commit suicide

It would seem to be VERY likely according to disinterested, sensible observer. He spent his life shovelling muck.

by Anonymousreply 59April 8, 2022 9:53 AM

So, does Albo have the looming election in the bag?

by Anonymousreply 60April 8, 2022 10:03 AM

^ after that old fella gave Scomo the old "f8ck off' in Newcastle over a beer you'd hope so. Come on Labor you can do better....get in there Albo.

by Anonymousreply 61April 8, 2022 10:07 AM

Don't pay any attention to the media or to Twitter, The election is decided by people with huge mortgages on their western Sydney McMansions and they don't give a shit about climate change or trans pronouns

by Anonymousreply 62April 8, 2022 10:16 AM

If we don't get rid of The Liberals Australia will go the way of tRump and the Repug Party. Do we want a bloody autocrat in Canberra?

by Anonymousreply 63April 8, 2022 10:26 AM

My hot prediction is that fat fuck and the United Bogans party will do very well shocking the chattering classes who never saw it coming because they don't talk to Those People.

by Anonymousreply 64April 8, 2022 10:27 AM

Albo has it in the bag. 99.99% sure.

Albo is a decent guy but the problem is he has a largely shit team beyond him......just like Scumo.

by Anonymousreply 65April 8, 2022 11:34 AM

[quote] Albo is a decent guy

Have you met him?

He ditched his long-suffering wife.

Just like father ditched his long-suffering mother.

by Anonymousreply 66April 8, 2022 11:44 AM

R66 Their marriage was in decline for a number of years before they formally separated. Carmel was not a long-suffering wife but a successful person in her own right.

They remained together until their son had finished high school which is not uncommon for couples whose relationships have broken down in the years prior.

I've actually met Albo and Carmel (his former ex-wife) over the years and they are both very down to earth and appear very nice.

You'd be surprised just how nice some people I've met are actually nice but that doesn't make them good people by any means. Of former PM's Gillard & Abbott are by far the nicest. Malcolm Fraser was a stuck up piece of shit. Don't know why Sarah Hanson-Young thinks the sun shines out of his now dead arse hole. Have never met her but she seems insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 67April 8, 2022 12:26 PM

Gillard forbad gay marriage because she herself objected to the institution of marriage. Or so she claimed. This is the level of cunt she is and was.

by Anonymousreply 68April 8, 2022 12:41 PM

R68 This is R67.

Whilst I don't agree with Gillard's view on gay marriage and feel that she should apologise to gay community for the very hurtful comments she made which will stay with her beyond her dying day, the reality is is that I found her very pleasant to deal with.

Some politicians are very pleasant in person even though some of the policies are repugnant. Gillard and Abbott are prime examples of that.

An example of a horrible politician and person is Bronwyn Bishop. Whilst I've never had anything to do with her I've heard of numerous people having nothing but the most unpleasant experiences with her. She is ghastly on every level.

by Anonymousreply 69April 8, 2022 2:42 PM

^ Bronwyn, the 'Rottweiler with lipstick'. Always went to the opening of an envelope up and down The North Shore.

by Anonymousreply 70April 8, 2022 7:30 PM

[quote] I've actually met Albo and Carmel (his former ex-wife) over the years and they are both very down to earth

Yes, they're both free-farters.

He farts like a fishwife.

by Anonymousreply 71April 8, 2022 10:55 PM

[quote] Of former PM's Gillard & Abbott are by far the nicest.

I live on the North Shore in Sydney aka in Liberal Land and have come across John Howard, Tony “The Mad Monk” Abbott and Anthony Albanese in the wild. All were polite and sensible enough to be self-deprecatingly good-humoured when gently heckled by passers by.

Cheryl Kernot and Joe Hockey were absolute shits.

The latter was at a town hall type meeting when he was my MP. I only attended to drive an elderly neighbour, a retired primary school teacher, so she wouldn’t have to take the bus at night in the rain. His gentle giant schtick was utter bull. He had the manners of a warthog. In reply to her question he screamed at her from the podium and encouraged the MC and his sycophants on stage to pile on. The MC didn’t, the staffers were full of smirks and applause. You could hear a pin drop in the room because it was incredible awkward. When he saw us in the parking lot he continued yelling. What a psycho.

by Anonymousreply 72April 9, 2022 6:49 PM

R72 I've heard nothing but bad things about Hockey.

My partner met Cheryl Kernot when she was handing out 'how to vote' cards at a polling booth and said she was really nice - but then I suppose in those circumstances I person would be.

Maybe some of Gareth Evans nastiness rubbed off onto Cheryl (widely known they had an affair). Gareth Evans is one of the most unpleasant people on the planet.

by Anonymousreply 73April 10, 2022 6:50 AM

Australians are saddled with the albatross of Compulsory Voting so their politicians are forced to ingratiate themselves to all people (the clever ones and the stupid ones) at all times.

It is an impossible task.

by Anonymousreply 74April 10, 2022 7:06 AM

Who is the most well hung politician in Canberra?

by Anonymousreply 75April 10, 2022 7:55 AM

Cheryl (at the time known as “Mrs Barnes”) was a teacher at my school and fucking the school captain - can’t blame her, he was hot.

They shacked up once he passed his HSC.

She wasn’t much to look at, even then - doughy and a bad bleach job - but in an all boys’ school she was considered sexy. By some, not by me!

by Anonymousreply 76April 10, 2022 8:31 AM

Why has that never made headlines?

by Anonymousreply 77April 10, 2022 8:32 AM

^

Because the press respected that a pollie's private life is to be kept private.

by Anonymousreply 78April 10, 2022 8:39 AM

R75 Penny Wong

by Anonymousreply 79April 10, 2022 8:55 AM

R78 This is true but it is actually publicly known. I think it got a small amount of traction in the media but nobody cared.

The only reason Cheryl Kernot's affair with the vile Gareth Evans became public knowledge is because when she wrote her autobiography she left that out and Laurie Oates called her out on it which was fair enough.

They only time the press in Australia bring up politicians personal lives is if they are hypocrites. Preaching 'Christian Family Values' in public but having affairs privately.

I have wondered why the press never called out Tony Abbott's affair with Peta Credlin and Barnyard Joyce's affair with his staffer given that they both preach 'family values' but I suspect in their cases is was about not wanting to publicly embarrass their families. I really can't think of any other reason why they wouldn't have revealed their affairs.

During the last election (or the one before) one of Barnyards daughters drove off in Barnyard's ute with a loud speaker in hand telling people not to vote for 'that cunt Barnaby'. You won't read anything in the press about that.

by Anonymousreply 80April 10, 2022 9:04 AM

^ do you really think Abbott had an affair with that b*tch Credlin??

by Anonymousreply 81April 10, 2022 9:16 AM

Rumour has it they did. There are lots of rumours about Abbott bonking anything with a snatch and a pulse.

by Anonymousreply 82April 10, 2022 9:18 AM

I have no idea if that's true but his public religiosity is no reason to assume it didn't happen.

by Anonymousreply 83April 10, 2022 9:19 AM

I've never heard about Abbot and Credlin but it makes sense. What I don't understand is what Credlin saw in the butt-ugly guy she married.

One piece of gossip few people know about: when Howard was PM one of the constant criticisms he got was for living in Sydney, not the Lodge in Canberra. Apparently it costs more for security etc. to live in Sydney. A a friend of mine was working in Canberra at the time and said it was common knowledge that it was Jeanette Howard who insisted on living in Sydney because when John was in Canberra he would shack up with Pru Goward.

by Anonymousreply 84April 10, 2022 9:41 AM

YUCK

by Anonymousreply 85April 10, 2022 9:42 AM

R84 Very true though not widely known.

Also Pru Goward is another nasty piece of work.

by Anonymousreply 86April 10, 2022 11:39 AM

Pru allegedly didn't know her daughter Kate Fisher was living in a Melbourne homeless shelter.

by Anonymousreply 87April 10, 2022 11:42 AM

R87 Not surprising. Pru is a self absorbed cunt.

No wonder Kate (or whatever name she goes by now) is so screwed up with a mother like Pru.

by Anonymousreply 88April 10, 2022 11:45 AM

R85 What did Pru do to you? And does it still hurt after all these years?

by Anonymousreply 89April 10, 2022 11:50 AM

Kate beat me in Dolly Cover Girl competition, but I did get a letter into Dolly Doctor, about a lost tampon.

by Anonymousreply 90April 10, 2022 11:56 AM

In Canberra, I've heard all these rumours. I did hear rumours about Pru Howard and John Howard having an affair in the 90's. It was openly spoken about. Peta Credlin having an affair with Tony Abbott. Christopher Pyne being possibly gay, and filling his office with attractive, gay, male staffers. Gay public servants tend to know which departments are staffed with a lot of gay men. I hesitate to say, since it hasn't been brought up, but that Letitia Bourke was apparently caught giving Tony Burke a blow job in a closet, and that she used him as a source to build her journalistic profile, as she was apparently really ambitious. It was around the time she was coming up. I have no idea if any of these are true, but they have made the rounds on the rumour mill.

by Anonymousreply 91April 10, 2022 1:11 PM

Isn't there a sleezey gay motel called the Parliament House somewhere in Florida?

by Anonymousreply 92April 10, 2022 5:14 PM

I love Rhys Muldoon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93April 10, 2022 6:08 PM

He's no Jords.

by Anonymousreply 94April 10, 2022 6:10 PM

[quote]No wonder Kate (or whatever name she goes by now) is so screwed up with a mother like Pru.

When Tziporah went on I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here she talked politics with Steve Price, speaking her admiration for Milo Y* and then tried to recruit Steve as a political mentor.

He backed away slowly.

by Anonymousreply 95April 10, 2022 6:15 PM

Albo isn't very good at maths.

People who worship Leon Trotsky tend not to be good at maths.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96April 12, 2022 11:22 PM

This election is really being plagued by social media narcissists trying to centre themselves in video gotcha moments with the politicians.

by Anonymousreply 97April 13, 2022 1:09 AM

I'm voting informal in the House of Reps and voting for The Reason Party and Animals Rights in the Senate, neither of who will get seats.

Compulsory voting should be done away with. Never in my life have I encountered such a morally bankrupt group of people from all sides of politics in my life.

by Anonymousreply 98April 13, 2022 8:59 AM

If you don't have compulsory voting you get outcomes like America.

by Anonymousreply 99April 13, 2022 9:41 AM

R99 We already are so what difference does it make.

I have better things to do with my time rather than waiting hours to line-up. Particularly at a time with a pandemic raging around.

by Anonymousreply 100April 13, 2022 9:44 AM

You have many millions of people in the US who are more or less completely disconnected from their electoral obligations. Some might say that siphons out the uninformed idiot vote, but it also means people are not invested in democracy. And that's dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 101April 13, 2022 9:47 AM

Best Canberra rumour ever was the very prominent Canberra media figure who allegedly used sex workers for specialist services that are uncommon outside of Germany.

by Anonymousreply 102April 13, 2022 9:57 AM

R102 If they are legal in Australia and Germany does not have laws prohibiting their citizens from engaging in those practices in another country then it is not an issue.

by Anonymousreply 103April 13, 2022 10:06 AM

R100, have you heard of Early Voting?? Don't be a dick. Get out and vote then don't complain and carry on if you haven't contributed. You have a voice USE IT.

by Anonymousreply 104April 13, 2022 7:29 PM

ABC Breakfast host and token ethnic female Fauziah Ibrahim speaks truth to power about how far Our ABC is up the LNP’s ass with her Twitter lists of “Labor Trolls/Thugs” and “Lobotomised Shitheads”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105April 16, 2022 11:25 PM

She’ll be at Sky before you can sneeze. Look out Rita Pahani, you have some competition.

by Anonymousreply 106April 16, 2022 11:34 PM

Jords

by Anonymousreply 107April 16, 2022 11:38 PM

I like Fauziah.

You can't assume she's a Liberal supporter from that. It's just an acknowledgement there is a genuine problem on Twitter with far left mobs swarming usually female ABC presenters and abusing them.

by Anonymousreply 108April 17, 2022 12:49 AM

[quote] I like Fauziah.

She looks so good.

by Anonymousreply 109April 17, 2022 12:59 AM

She's a hot bitch.

by Anonymousreply 110April 17, 2022 1:07 AM

She looks good on the couch.

by Anonymousreply 111April 17, 2022 1:08 AM

Her cut glass pronunciation says Liberal voting power bitch.

by Anonymousreply 112April 17, 2022 1:10 AM

[quote] You can't assume she's a Liberal supporter from that

You would have a more plausible argument if she didn’t title her list with the word “Labor”.

by Anonymousreply 113April 17, 2022 4:03 AM

Do you agree there's a clear pattern now with far left Twitter and water drip psychos dog piling female ABC journalists and anchors?

by Anonymousreply 114April 17, 2022 4:05 AM

Sensible people ignore Twitter.

It is a haven for RATBAGS with NO friends or influence in the real world.

by Anonymousreply 115April 17, 2022 4:07 AM

Yeah, it would be fine if she worked for Channel Nein or Sky but it is contrary to the ABC’s social media policy and stated non-partisan charter.

But she won’t be censured because brown girl tax.

by Anonymousreply 116April 17, 2022 4:07 AM

[quote] Do you agree there's a clear pattern now with far left Twitter and water drip psychos dog piling female ABC journalists and anchors?

No I don’t agree.

by Anonymousreply 117April 17, 2022 4:10 AM

R104 With all due respect I wish to engage with society as little as possible and that includes voting.

I'll vote for the Reason Party in the Senate but pass on the House of Reps. No interest - don't care who wins.

by Anonymousreply 118April 17, 2022 6:13 AM

Fair enough, R118, I'd rather you do a No Vote instead of a Donkey Vote. Australia has TOO many donkeys already.

by Anonymousreply 119April 17, 2022 6:28 AM

One year Pauline Hanson put herself forward in NSW I numbered each and every box for the pleasure of placing her last. It was so worth the effort. Good for the soil.

The lower house, eh, I understand why it’s less of an issue depending on where you live. I lived in a safe Labor seat in my childhood and a safe Liberal seat since uni so I have seen few benefits from pork barrelling. It would be awesome to live in a swing seat.

by Anonymousreply 120April 17, 2022 9:01 AM

R120 I would love to live in swinging seat.

But since the changes in the Senate at the Federal level our votes don't mean anything. It is now pretty much cemented in stone that the LNP win 3, ALP 2 and the Greens 1 in NSW - having the largest population but the same number of senate seats as every other state.

by Anonymousreply 121April 17, 2022 9:08 AM

Someone with the handle @hotcocked (surely a DLer in spirit) tweeted that Peter Helliar was hit by a car and Aussie Twitter has run with it.

by Anonymousreply 122April 22, 2022 12:20 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123April 22, 2022 12:31 PM

Right on so many levels

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124April 23, 2022 12:58 AM

In news that will surprise no one, Joe Hockey was charmed by Steve Bannon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125April 23, 2022 1:01 AM

I was forced to watch Nine tonight and I understand why people hate the media now. It's just gotcha moment after gotcha moment, with serious or complex issues taking a backseat.

by Anonymousreply 126April 23, 2022 9:00 AM

The politicians don't want to discuss serious or complex issues because they don't to want confuse the disinterested moronic mob who are forced to vote because of Compulsory Voting.

by Anonymousreply 127April 23, 2022 10:12 AM

R127 But it is only a $25 fine if a person doesn't vote and $50 if you haven't been fined before.

It is so easy to come up with excuses and avoid the fine altogether.

by Anonymousreply 128April 23, 2022 10:33 AM

Why should I be penalised for choosing not to vote for oily pollies?

by Anonymousreply 129April 23, 2022 12:39 PM

If you are so cheap you can't afford a trifling fine I suggest you start dealing drugs.

by Anonymousreply 130April 23, 2022 1:00 PM

Minor party candidate/famewhore campaigned by going into Eastwood with a Fuck Xi Jinping sign.

Yeah, that will convince the locals.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131April 30, 2022 2:42 PM

It sounds like Albo called in a favour from his footy club’s owner on the voice-over.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132May 1, 2022 11:07 AM

Sent my informal vote into the electoral commission the other day. So easy.

by Anonymousreply 133May 1, 2022 11:46 AM

R132, Huh, Rusty isn't even an Australian citizen. What a bloody joke.

by Anonymousreply 134May 1, 2022 6:24 PM

R134 Most people working in the 'arts' in Australia are ALP supporters because the ALP throw more money at them.

I would imagine by now Russell Crowe has become an Australian citizen. Whatever the issue was would have been sorted out by now and god knows he spends most of his time in Australia.

If you want to see hypocrisy on a grand scale look no further than Sam Neill. Very vocal in his 'woke' views but more than happy to put his hand out for cash to support the Murdoch owned Foxtel. Surely he can't be that desperate for money.

by Anonymousreply 135May 2, 2022 8:50 AM

You expect actors to be intelligent.

by Anonymousreply 136May 2, 2022 9:08 AM

Kimberley Kitching banged Andrew Bolt.

The fuck is in the water in Victoria?

by Anonymousreply 137May 14, 2022 2:08 PM

[quote] I would imagine by now Russell Crowe has become an Australian citizen. Whatever the issue was would have been sorted out by now and god knows he spends most of his time in Australia.

The issue was that he spent less that 90 days of the year in the country during the period of time he was applying for citizenship.

by Anonymousreply 138May 14, 2022 2:37 PM

[quote]If you want to see hypocrisy on a grand scale look no further than Sam Neill. Very vocal in his 'woke' views but more than happy to put his hand out for cash to support the Murdoch owned Foxtel. Surely he can't be that desperate for money.

Advertising Foxtel doesn’t bother me any more than people taking cameos in The Simpsons or FX or Fox shows and films (prior to the Disney sale). The entertainment element was always separate from the News part of Fox.

If he were advertising SkyNews or The Oztrailian, sure, Sam Neill would be a hypocrite.

by Anonymousreply 139May 16, 2022 5:18 PM

Now Scott Morrison is tackling children. Playing soccer.

So far, so normal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140May 19, 2022 9:24 AM

I was on the train this morning when I first saw the clip (without any caption or information) on iPad of the woman sitting next to me and thought it must have been a photoshop thing. I was actually shocked at how bizarre it was and then I found out it was real. What an image - a prime minister, clumsily tackling a small child.

I hope he gets embarrassed internationally for this one (by Stephen Colbert, Trevor Noah, John Oliver, etc.. hell even throw in the Loose Women.).

by Anonymousreply 141May 19, 2022 2:45 PM

He’s delusional. Weird. A member of a dodgy Christian cult. Poorly socialised. But he doesn’t like raising taxes, so…

by Anonymousreply 142May 19, 2022 2:50 PM

Vote.

Then eat a sanger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143May 21, 2022 4:06 AM

^ yeah very similar to a Bunnings sausage sizzle

by Anonymousreply 144May 21, 2022 4:13 AM

That's friendlyjordies aka Jordan Shanks r1. No he's not gay. He did do some modeling briefly, though.

He's hilariously been a proverbial thorn in the side of the Australian Liberal Party (namely Scomo) and the bulk of MPs of NSW by airing their dirty laundry for years now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145May 21, 2022 4:19 AM

[quote]The Jordy video has been pulled.

Only in Australia for "defamation."

[quote]This content is not available in your country due to a defamation complaint.

*Laughs in VPN.*

by Anonymousreply 146May 21, 2022 4:31 AM

What is it with the queues at the polling stations? A friend sent a text saying he was in a long line. I went to a local school where your usually in and out in five minutes but the queue was so long I couldn't see the end of it. Stuff this I said loudly, I'd rather pay the $55 fine. I went and did some shopping and made a slight detour to where I knew another station was. Queue not so long but still took about 20 minutes. I've been on the electoral roll since 1978 and have never seen anything like this.

by Anonymousreply 147May 21, 2022 5:23 AM

This menu sells “The Pauline” for $0.75 - a plain white roll.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148May 21, 2022 5:27 AM

I went to the local school, in an out in 5mins.

My local school is in a heavily Jewish area and sold kosher beef sausages and veggie skewers. They also segment of the baking stall for halal sweets.

If that’s not multicultural Australia, I don’t know what is.

by Anonymousreply 149May 21, 2022 5:40 AM

[quote] If that’s not multicultural Australia, I don’t know what is.

Multicultural would’ve been Jews and Muslims jointly running a pizza-knish stand selling pork sausage as a topping.

by Anonymousreply 150May 21, 2022 6:25 AM

Sold under the shade of some… Shady Pines, r150?

by Anonymousreply 151May 21, 2022 6:40 AM

A record 9 million pre polled either by a postal vote or at a pre polling station.

There are also half a million people isolating due to COVID and emergency telephone voting has been implemented for them to vote.

The running of the election has been fascicle from the offset. Tom Rogers who heads the AEC should be sacked. When the election was announced he was heavily encouraging people to not vote early and vote on the day as it was a 'community event'.

Never mind there has been and still is a raging pandemic going on killing about 250 per week in a population of 26 million. The AEC had two fucking years to plan for this election and they fucked it up every step of the way.

It is not like it is May 2020 just a few short months after the pandemic - it is over two fucking years since it started.

Other options should have been available like on-line voting, etc. Just hopeless.

I predict a lower than usual turn out and the reason for that is COVID and the AEC's bad handling of the process which went out of the way to make it hard for many people to vote.

And they also reduced the number of places for Australians overseas could go to to vote.

by Anonymousreply 152May 21, 2022 7:14 AM

I did a postal vote this year. Very easy to sign up for online, and they send you the envelope and everything.

Last time I went to the local school and something about the combo of sausage and old school smell was so offputting I said I would never vote in person again. My electorate was also shockingly fat (at least 90% of it).

by Anonymousreply 153May 21, 2022 7:26 AM

I'm overseas and sent off my postal vote the middle of last week. R152 it ain't hard. Next time huh?

by Anonymousreply 154May 21, 2022 8:14 AM

Online voting isn’t necessary. It’s an added potentiality for abuse, if anything. We have a small population. It is easy to attend a pre-polling station or to send in a postal.

by Anonymousreply 155May 21, 2022 8:18 AM

[quote] fascicle

R152 farcical.

by Anonymousreply 156May 21, 2022 8:33 AM

Anthony Green will call the election on Our ABC.

And joy! Dutton’s seat is in danger.

by Anonymousreply 157May 21, 2022 10:00 AM

[quote] Our ABC.

The taxpayer-funded Woke ABC doesn't care about representation or impartiality any more.

by Anonymousreply 158May 21, 2022 10:33 AM

Aw, lay off David Speers and Fauziah Ibrahim, r158.

by Anonymousreply 159May 21, 2022 10:37 AM

Watch this show at 6pm. It looks like 'Fraggle Rock'.

The ABC's Director-General in charge of Diversity Quotas has got stringent demands on who MUST appear on ABC TV screens.

The guests are so wacky and inarticulate that the hosts can hardly keep them under control or maintain any sensible debate. ABC's Director-General in charge of Diversity Quotas demand they appear on at 6pm to fulfil the demands of the quotas because the Director-General realises they would be unacceptable on a show in peak viewing times.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160May 21, 2022 10:51 AM

The ABC should have a sports hour presented by Tony Armstrong, preferably shirtless, during prime time. Now that’s a diversity quota I can get behind.

by Anonymousreply 161May 21, 2022 10:59 AM

A bad day for bald, gay Tories - Trent Zimmerman concedes as North Sydney goes to preferences.

It shows that the wealthier, educated Liberals are much more concerned about climate change than their party is.

by Anonymousreply 162May 21, 2022 11:13 AM

Bring on the federal ICAC!

by Anonymousreply 163May 21, 2022 11:51 AM

Ew, someone used the word Ruddslide.

Bitch just killed my vibe.

by Anonymousreply 164May 21, 2022 11:53 AM

Josh Frydenberg OUT!

by Anonymousreply 165May 21, 2022 11:54 AM

The Libs ccusing Simon Holmes A Court of anti-semitism did NOT go down well. Desperate and tacky.

by Anonymousreply 166May 21, 2022 11:57 AM

Has Dutton won?

I thought he'd lost......he's not making a concession speech.....

fuck

by Anonymousreply 167May 21, 2022 12:34 PM

Barrie Cassidy is bitching about the ABC coverage on twitter.

Doesn't he like Leigh and Annabel??

by Anonymousreply 168May 21, 2022 12:36 PM

If Barrie is anything like me, he is annoyed we had to sit through Frydenberg’s 20 minute farewell speech that put Cher to shame. It was fucking annoying.

by Anonymousreply 169May 21, 2022 12:46 PM

There’s a dirge like atmosphere at Aunty tonight.

by Anonymousreply 170May 21, 2022 12:47 PM

Scomo conceding election: don’t call me Trump!

by Anonymousreply 171May 21, 2022 12:52 PM

The Keating daughters would never

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172May 21, 2022 1:03 PM

Against my will I am finding Simon Birmingham likeable.

Now hurry up, Albo!

by Anonymousreply 173May 21, 2022 1:33 PM

Kenneally lost one of the ALP's safest seats. Hahahahahahahahahaha

Hope that ALP learns their lesson about parachuting inappropriate candidates into safe seat.

Kenneally is largely hated by the public and within her own party. Goodbye looser. And good riddance.

Really hope the ALP can form Government in their own right without relying on independents.

by Anonymousreply 174May 21, 2022 2:14 PM

R173 Simon Birmingham is one of the last moderates left in the LNP. Most of them got wiped out by independents.

Morrison has resign as leader. He needs to resign altogether, which is a pain for the people in his seat which mean going back to the polls but he has to go. Ditto Bill Shorten who will white-ant Albo at the first opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 175May 21, 2022 2:16 PM

[quote] Hope that ALP learns their lesson about parachuting inappropriate candidates into safe seat.

We can only hope and pray. Mike Bailey, former ABC weatherman, ran against Joe Hockey on North Sydney in 2007. He didn’t even live on the same side of the bridge. There was no way he stood a chance, and everyone locally hated Joe (a vile human!).

by Anonymousreply 176May 21, 2022 2:45 PM

[quote] Ditto Bill Shorten who will white-ant Albo at the first opportunity

Oh man, I forgot that fucker existed

by Anonymousreply 177May 21, 2022 3:03 PM

So, DL Libs - will you support Dutton as party leader?

by Anonymousreply 178May 22, 2022 8:46 AM

R178 It's too early to brood over that. There's still lots of postal votes to come in and confirm seats

by Anonymousreply 179May 22, 2022 9:45 AM

Dutton is nastier the Scomo I think.

by Anonymousreply 180May 22, 2022 10:02 AM

Julie Bishop would have been a good liberal leader. I was shocked by her long hair don’t.

by Anonymousreply 181May 22, 2022 10:15 AM

^Just saw a pic of her on twitter and you're right that hair is so ageing..

by Anonymousreply 182May 22, 2022 10:21 AM

I get that she’s retired and she wants a change - female politicians can have a lank bob or a fierce Thatcherite helmet and naught in between. Jools is girly and loves her Armani and sequins and ballet and sexy boyfriend in real estate. But that’s no excuse for a rats nest.

by Anonymousreply 183May 22, 2022 10:36 AM

David Panton is a straight out of central casting hunky dunk.

by Anonymousreply 184May 22, 2022 10:38 AM

David Panther.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185May 22, 2022 10:51 AM

R180 Actually he is not. Scumo is sneaky as fuck and will stab you in back the first opportunity he gets.

Peter Dutton is like Paul Keating in what you see is what you get. No bullshit. He rubs people up the wrong way but that is him - no bullshit.

It is actually Peter Dutton we have to thank for gay marriage. Personally he was not in favour of - he left the chamber when the vote took place so he didn't have to vote. But he knew is was a festering sore for the Government and he came up with the idea of a plebiscite, knowing full well the people would vote YES and then it would pass through both houses of Parliament, which is what happened.

He is pragmatic and straight forward and probably won't put up with all the Christian right wing crap in the LNP. I can't see Dutton ever winning an election because he is so hated by so many people but he is what he is and he doesn't hide behind bullshit like to many others.

by Anonymousreply 186May 22, 2022 2:45 PM

R181 Julie Bishop is the queen of cunt. Makes the 'mean girls' of the ALP (now down to two) look like Mother Teresa.

Prior to entering parliament she was a lawyer working for the firm that was fighting victims of asbestos poisoning from the company James Harvey (no relation to Jerry Harvey of Harvey Norman). She is not known as Asbestos Julie for nothing.

She really is one of the most unpleasant people on the planet.

by Anonymousreply 187May 22, 2022 2:49 PM

Jords.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188August 20, 2022 7:05 AM

Jords muses on Morrison’s multiple ministries.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189August 24, 2022 6:01 AM

Jords.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190August 27, 2022 5:37 AM

[quote] Jords.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191August 27, 2022 5:58 AM

[quote] She really is one of the most unpleasant people on the planet.

On the planet? Please try harder.

[quote] Scumo is sneaky as fuck and will stab you in back the first opportunity he gets.

Has he stabbed you?

by Anonymousreply 192August 27, 2022 6:00 AM

Jords.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193August 27, 2022 6:07 AM

Ricki Tarr.

by Anonymousreply 194August 27, 2022 6:43 AM

R191 Is that "Childish Gambino"? I thought he was shot a few months ago.

by Anonymousreply 195August 27, 2022 8:00 AM

[quote] Anthony Green will call the election on Our ABC.

The Idiotically-Woke ABC is not "My ABC".

Antony Green got middle-aged very quickly. And he's very discreet about his private life.

by Anonymousreply 196August 28, 2022 12:19 AM

^ isn't Antony cycling round Europe at the mo? Gay, bi or straight????

by Anonymousreply 197August 28, 2022 12:26 AM

I don't know about cycling but Antony is gay and very short.

by Anonymousreply 198August 28, 2022 12:31 AM

^Cheers. (I think he's a bit pedantic too)

by Anonymousreply 199August 28, 2022 1:22 AM

[quote] pedantic

That is his job.

He's a statistician; he dreams of equations and fractions.

by Anonymousreply 200August 28, 2022 1:36 AM

[quote] fractions.

The two major Aussie parties are spilt into FACTIONS.

Some factions spend more time fighting the opposing faction within their own party instead of fighting their opposing party

by Anonymousreply 201August 28, 2022 1:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!