Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Dropout - Elizabeth Holmes/Theranos fraud scandal mini-series

This will be an Emmy orgy -- Amanda Seyfried, Naveen Andrews, William H. Macy, Laurie Metcalf and Kurtwood Smith. Maybe: Sam Waterston, Stephen Fry and Kate Burton

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18April 12, 2022 9:50 PM

Elizabeth Holmes is such a sociopathic cunt. I’m watching the show now - it’s great - what she did is so horrible.

by Anonymousreply 1April 10, 2022 11:12 PM

R1 The miniseries starts slowly but picks up. I wish it had delved deeper into how she conned all those high profile board members. How did they ever believe her?

by Anonymousreply 2April 10, 2022 11:22 PM

Agreed R2 - it started slow but I’m on episode 7 now and I’m so angry about this lol. MARY!!!!

And Holmes married some handsome hotel heir in 2019. So this cunt still seems like she’s winning! Wtf!!!

by Anonymousreply 3April 10, 2022 11:25 PM

Those crazy eyes!

by Anonymousreply 4April 10, 2022 11:34 PM

What's the big deal?

by Anonymousreply 5April 10, 2022 11:42 PM

Amanda Seyfried is such a FREAK in this!

by Anonymousreply 6April 11, 2022 12:08 AM

At the very end, I couldn’t believe they let her scream like that while that poor dog flinched lol.

Surprised the animal wranglers allowed that. The dog looked so anxious!

by Anonymousreply 7April 11, 2022 3:12 AM

Watching the Alex Gibney doc after finishing The Dropout. The real thing is even more creepy and disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 8April 11, 2022 4:42 PM

Yes r8 I was about to do the same thing!

by Anonymousreply 9April 11, 2022 5:15 PM

She certainly looks nothing like Amanda Seyfried in real life. I'm unclear why all these high ranking wealthy men fell for her bullshit. Note that no women or gay men bought her nonsense. It was all older straight men. She was bizarre looking and had that deep awkward man voice.

Wtf?

by Anonymousreply 10April 11, 2022 7:28 PM

[quote]Note that no women or gay men bought her nonsense.

I have a feeling that some of those 'older straight men' were not necessarily straight.

[quote]She was bizarre looking and had that deep awkward man voice.

AND she was obviously copying Steve Jobs wardrobe choices. The men on her board must have been in love with her which begs another question: Why??

by Anonymousreply 11April 12, 2022 12:49 AM

Just finished the Gibney doc.

The real life Tyler is so adorable. Much cuter than the actor in the movie (who isn’t bad looking at all).

by Anonymousreply 12April 12, 2022 1:05 AM

R12 Oh yeah!! Real Life Tyler is gorgeous! Alex Gibney's documentary is great.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13April 12, 2022 1:19 AM

Yes he was the highlight of the Gibney doc. So sweet and smart and adorable.

by Anonymousreply 14April 12, 2022 1:21 AM

Agree R7, I wondered that too.

by Anonymousreply 15April 12, 2022 1:54 AM

I just finished watching both of them too. Look at the men though. Rupert Murdock, Shultz, the weird guy with no neck that worked for Nixon on the peace talks (can't remember his name offhand) were all in their late '80s and 90s. Old fools who thought any 19 year old was pretty. Also, a lot of rich people invest in what may look like a promising start-up that will make them huge amounts of money. If the machine had actually worked, the profits would have been astronomical. I was just surprised that none of them actually checked to see if it worked. None of those old men really understood the science behind her so-called Tech. They were not bio-chemists.

by Anonymousreply 16April 12, 2022 2:09 AM

R16 Good point about the investment by rich people. They can also take the loss off their taxes.

by Anonymousreply 17April 12, 2022 2:14 AM

In the Gibney doc, I thought Dave Philippides was a hot hunk of tech geek man meat. :)

by Anonymousreply 18April 12, 2022 9:50 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!