Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Real World Homecoming: New Orleans- OFFICIAL TRAILER

This one looks like it’s gonna be good. Hope so!!!!

Fun Fact, they ended filming days early because the cast was so over it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 560July 8, 2022 1:11 PM

Where is Jamie in the promo? No one word from him? Weird.

by Anonymousreply 1March 31, 2022 7:03 PM

R1 he’s a non-problematic man. Has always been that way. He was probably boring. No drama = little screen time on modern reality tv

by Anonymousreply 2March 31, 2022 7:04 PM

PS I laughed so hard when the dramatic remix of “Come On Be My Baby Tonight” started playing in the trailer.

by Anonymousreply 3March 31, 2022 7:05 PM

WHY??? WHO CARES?? Never watched the original!

by Anonymousreply 4March 31, 2022 7:12 PM

R4 it was, actually. Very real. You’re always hating. Wow. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 5March 31, 2022 7:13 PM

Boy, Julie has not aged well. Religious oppression tends to do that to a person.

by Anonymousreply 6March 31, 2022 7:15 PM

Have any of these women eaten a meal since the original series ended?

by Anonymousreply 7March 31, 2022 7:16 PM

I thought Jamie was the most handsome RWer.

by Anonymousreply 8March 31, 2022 7:16 PM

Fuck, now I'll have to subscribe to Paramount+ They finally got me.

by Anonymousreply 9March 31, 2022 7:18 PM

R8 I had a massive crush on Jamie back when the show aired. I was 13/14 as it aired and remember crushing hard on him. I found Danny cute but he did nothing for me. Jamie had my attention.

In 2020 i rewatched the season and still found Danny super pretty but without any sexuality to me, ironically because he’s such a whore.

Jamie still held up as the hottest to me, and I found Matt cute in a nerdy sweet way, and if David wasn’t such a difficult asshole half the time I would have found him sexy too.

by Anonymousreply 10March 31, 2022 7:20 PM

Wtf with David!?! He’s had an image change, doesn’t look like himself

by Anonymousreply 11March 31, 2022 7:20 PM

David is now Tokyo and he looks like he’s matured and is in a good place now, something he wasn’t in the original season.

by Anonymousreply 12March 31, 2022 7:22 PM

Say my name. Tokyo Niyeli

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13March 31, 2022 7:25 PM

Their poster.

Also, the OG season will be added to Paramount+ a week before Homecoming premieres!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14March 31, 2022 7:27 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15March 31, 2022 7:29 PM

Considering he’s a ginger/strawberry blonde, Matt has aged better than expected

by Anonymousreply 16March 31, 2022 7:33 PM

R9 Haha. Me too. I just said the same thing. I'm watching. And they're gonna upload the original season, hell yes! Them using David's song is taking me out. 😂☠️

by Anonymousreply 17March 31, 2022 7:34 PM

Matt is more strawberry blond than ginger.

by Anonymousreply 18March 31, 2022 7:35 PM

Jamie looks FAT in the promo pic. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 19March 31, 2022 7:38 PM

What's with David's stupid headbands?

by Anonymousreply 20March 31, 2022 7:38 PM

Danny's face looks weird. Loooooooong flat nose.

by Anonymousreply 21March 31, 2022 7:39 PM

Yeah he aged terrible. He does have the monster too.

by Anonymousreply 22March 31, 2022 7:45 PM

The most tragic and depressing event to come out of 9/11 was that Mulie missed her flight and wasn't on the plane that flew into the Towers.

by Anonymousreply 23March 31, 2022 7:47 PM

the real winner from that season is Kelley because she landed Scott Wolfe

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24March 31, 2022 7:48 PM

And they’re still together with kids. Scott still has his boyish looks, too.

R19 he actually lost some weight. This was him on his wedding day a few years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25March 31, 2022 7:49 PM

What is all their unfinished business with Julie? Just that she’s a trump supporting Mormon still?

Danny hasn’t aged well :(

by Anonymousreply 26March 31, 2022 7:51 PM

Danny has AIDS.

by Anonymousreply 27March 31, 2022 7:52 PM

Did they just skip a bunch of seasons’ reunions? What about San Francisco, Seattle, and Hawaii and the other forgettable ones? No reunions?

by Anonymousreply 29March 31, 2022 8:02 PM

Ummm San Francisco isn’t an option for them, plus that cast said they wouldn’t do it even if asked (they weren’t). They won’t touch that season.

They also didn’t ask London or Miami casts.

Seattle, Boston, Hawaii all had cast members decline. They won’t do the reunion unless they have 7 cast members, so a season with no replacements is less likely to happen because all 7 need to accept. Los Angeles almost didn’t happen either because Aaron and Dominick wouldn’t budge but thankfully the two replacements agreed so it happened.

by Anonymousreply 30March 31, 2022 8:06 PM

r25, then he's just fat instead of a big fat tub of goo.

by Anonymousreply 31March 31, 2022 8:08 PM

Man I would have loved to see San Francisco, Hawaii and Seattle reunions. There was MAJOR drama on those seasons.

by Anonymousreply 32March 31, 2022 8:11 PM

Colin was such a babe back then omg. I was a gayling and had such a crush. I was so jealous of Amaya.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34March 31, 2022 8:15 PM

Hopefully Julie and Melissa could bury the hatchet. They had such a cute, opposites-attract kind of friendship.

by Anonymousreply 35March 31, 2022 8:16 PM

Colin a babe? Okay.

by Anonymousreply 36March 31, 2022 8:17 PM

Even with the sympathetic edit she was getting during the New Orleans season, I never liked Julie. I just never bought it. I was glad when her act started to wear thin with viewers during the Extreme Challenge (which almost immediately followed). I also remember Melissa and Kelley revealing that they'd compared notes and come to a postseason realization that she'd been an instigator. Then there was the speaking-fees controversy, Melissa going off on her on another Challenge, the harness incident...

Guess a Paramount Plus trial is in my future!

by Anonymousreply 37March 31, 2022 8:29 PM

Melissa and Kelley look great. Julie, who despite her Mormon upbringing seems pretty progressive on social media doesn't have the face that I'd expect a woman married to a neurosurgeon to have.

The fact that Danny and Kelley are still close really warms my heart. They always seemed like they had the most genuine friendship the show ever produced, apart from Pedro/Judd/Pam/Corey.

by Anonymousreply 38March 31, 2022 8:35 PM

R38 maybe she wants to wait to have plastic surgery, if she wants to. Believe it or not, not everyone is open to plastic surgery.

Julie is progressive and has been for many years.

by Anonymousreply 39March 31, 2022 8:41 PM

I always preferred Road Rules to Real World

by Anonymousreply 40March 31, 2022 8:52 PM

Hawaii Colin was cute and funny. He used to have a pretty good blog back in early 2000s. Don't remember the name and can't find it on Google.

by Anonymousreply 41March 31, 2022 9:04 PM

[quote] Wtf with David!?! He’s had an image change, doesn’t look like himself

It’s all good, woo-woo!

by Anonymousreply 42March 31, 2022 9:13 PM

[quote]Danny has AIDS.

No one's responded to this yet? JFC. He's HIV+. He doesn't have AIDS, you bigoted frau cunt. Likely nearly all people with HIV nowadays, at least in Western countries, he'll likely live well into old age. He also still looks damn good for someone in their 40s.

I was wondering why they skipped ahead from L.A. to New Orleans – a full seven seasons – but R33's answer certainly sounds plausible. Also, to name a few other people who'd either be unlikely to appear or unable to do so due to other commitments: Jacinda from London may be the most successful RW alum in terms of making it in showbiz, and is married to the star of That Lawyer Show With Duchess Meghan ("Suits"). Boston & SF are likely no-gos because Sean and Rachel are conservative assholes: Sean's a U.S. House rep in Wisconsin, and Rachel's now the weekend host of "Fox & Friends" (and it's doubtful they'd give her time off to show up on a competitor's network, even one that's not news-related).

I actually know Hawaii's Justin via friends, and can safely say there's zero chance he'd go back – he's doing extremely well in his legal career, and he has zero interest in discussing anything relative to that time. I'd also be surprised if Ruthie returned, considering she was arguably the show's first hot mess in terms of alcohol/drug abuse (assuming Puck on SF was merely an asshole and not abusing at the time). Still, that leaves Miami & Seattle as two shows in-between – maybe they were simply less dramatic / interesting than NOLA? (I'm sure most DLers who watched the show remember the New Orleans season well, but probably for the same reason I do, namely the total hotness that was/is Danny.)

by Anonymousreply 43March 31, 2022 9:27 PM

[quote]Still, that leaves Miami & Seattle as two shows in-between – maybe they were simply less dramatic / interesting than NOLA?

Both of those seasons were arguably more dramatic in terms of cast conflict than NOLA. Miami had Flora (and, to a lesser extent, Dan); Seattle had Stephen. But there we are again, with cast members (both seasons) who would be unlikely to return. It's hard for me imagine Irene willingly being in the same place with Stephen again in this life., based on things she's said long after the fact.

by Anonymousreply 44March 31, 2022 9:49 PM

Irene actually said yes to the show, while Stephen said no. 3 or 4 of the Seattle cast said no b

by Anonymousreply 45March 31, 2022 9:53 PM

Let me rephrase, a few of the Seattle said no, while no one knows where Lindsey is or how to even contact her.

by Anonymousreply 46March 31, 2022 9:54 PM

Danny's bald spot! :(

by Anonymousreply 47March 31, 2022 9:58 PM

Why are you all acting shocked. Danny is going to be 45 this year. He isn’t 22 anymore.

by Anonymousreply 48March 31, 2022 10:00 PM

Melissa was my favorite from New Orleans. She was such a cute little mess.

by Anonymousreply 49March 31, 2022 10:06 PM

I lived in New Orleans, in the French Quarter, and was about their age when they filmed it. I was drinking and drugging *hard* during that time and when the show aired I was overcome with this irrational fear that I may have encountered them out while I was totally wasted, signed the consent form and just forgot! And then I’d be humiliated on MTV (a fate worse than death!).

Fortunately it never happened, but this reunion would be the perfect opportunity for them to air some “never before seen footage!” and ruin me.

😜

by Anonymousreply 50March 31, 2022 11:36 PM

Coincidentally, I cleaned up my act, finished college, moved to DC and then they filmed THERE as well! I thought for sure it was my shot at redemption. Never even saw the kids.

by Anonymousreply 51March 31, 2022 11:38 PM

One thing I remember from them filming in New Orleans was that MTV told the local media they wouldn’t give them access for interviews if they published the address of the house they filmed in. And every single paper then printed it! You would have to be blind and dead not to know. It was a big mansion on St. Charles Ave. surrounded by crew trucks and huge lights on scaffolding 24/7 for months! Lit up like a Christmas tree.

by Anonymousreply 52March 31, 2022 11:43 PM

Unlike the previous two Homecoming’s, this one isn’t filmed in the original house.

by Anonymousreply 53March 31, 2022 11:44 PM

I would looooove a Miami one. haha. That's my second fav after New Orleans. Then Seattle. Colin was totally a babe in my world. Oh yea. Good times. These are so nostalgic.

by Anonymousreply 54March 31, 2022 11:49 PM

Julie is a total crazy person. I would run in the other direction. Also, Danny was with the father of his child for many years, Sean, who was a terrible choice. Smh. I knew a lot of Sean's ex boyfriends. It did not end well. He's a total top latin with a little accent. Busted face. Danny was having problems for a minute regarding custody with the child. Don't know how they are today. I met him and the blurred out boyfriend from his season in NYC around 2002/2003. I remember being disappointed with him. Danny has bad taste in men. Then look what happened. Poor guy. He was a real sexy cutie back then..

by Anonymousreply 55March 31, 2022 11:57 PM

R55 as if someone who is getting gang banged by strangers and taking raw loads from them is any better. Danny is cute but the idea his partners are no good because YOU do not find them attractive is ridiculous and nasty. HE finds them attractive, and that’s what matters. Also the ex hubby is a good guy who makes a shit ton of money. Just because Danny is white and “cute” doesn’t mean he’s some prize.

They have shared custody.

by Anonymousreply 56April 1, 2022 12:01 AM

R56 I'm referring to his character too. Who cares if he makes a shit ton of money. He's nasty from what I've heard along with me thinking he's busted so he's gross. Maybe Wes was his name. Not Sean. Can't remember. I love how you're sticking for up for him! Haha.

by Anonymousreply 57April 1, 2022 12:09 AM

R57 I’m not sticking up for him as much as saying Danny is no better.

by Anonymousreply 58April 1, 2022 12:15 AM

On another thread someone said Danny was a huge whore in NYC and took raw loads constantly from gang bangs after the show ended. They said they weren’t surprised when he got AIDS.

by Anonymousreply 59April 1, 2022 12:15 AM

[quote]Maybe Wes was his name.

Wes was the guy Danny met and hooked up with while drunk during the NOLA season. Then he realized it was on camera and called Paul to do damage control.

Not that Wes is that uncommon a name. You could mean someone else.

by Anonymousreply 60April 1, 2022 3:47 AM

Danny’s ex husband’s name is Wes also. They divorced in 2018. They were together for years. Wes isn’t HIV+ yet Danny became that while they were together. That tells you Mr. Roberts wasn’t being Mr. Faithful, which is always the case with him. Hes never not cheated.

Their divorce was mostly messy because of the kid. If a child wasn’t involved things would have went much smoother. They lived in Boston, and Danny hates Boston. Wes refused to leave because that is where his career is and the beautiful house he bought. So they battled for custody as they were both gonna be living in different states since Danny didn’t wanna stay in Boston. Danny moved to NYC and Wes still lives in Boston.

The Judge ended up doing shared custody like Wes wanted, so Danny has their daughter for a few weeks and then Wes has her for a few weeks every month. Danny now lives in his Vermont cabin with his daughter full time and sublets his NYC apartment. He comes into NYC when he needs to for a Doctors appointment or a work meeting.

by Anonymousreply 61April 1, 2022 11:42 AM

Danny and Wes in 2016

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62April 1, 2022 11:42 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63April 1, 2022 11:43 AM

Wes is way hotter than Danny

by Anonymousreply 64April 1, 2022 2:38 PM

I am the same age as Danny and when this show was on he was IT, I wanted him so bad

by Anonymousreply 65April 1, 2022 2:50 PM

Danny was beautiful during his season.

by Anonymousreply 66April 1, 2022 3:31 PM

Jamie was hotter

by Anonymousreply 67April 1, 2022 3:32 PM

Jamie never did it for me. He had a nice body, but the oversized head and ugly "frat boy of 2000" haircut killed his sex appeal. Plus, he talked. The time he tried to get "libidinous" into a sentence and said "limbidamous" was pretty funny. Never mind his Ayn Rand boosting.

Danny was kind of the opposite. His body wasn't anything special, but he had a cute face and a lot of charm. I liked his drawl too.

by Anonymousreply 68April 2, 2022 12:41 AM

In podcasts, Danny's said that (1) whoever infected him did so purposely, (2) Westley was a sociopath, and (3) his relationships were monogamous.

by Anonymousreply 69April 8, 2022 9:06 AM

R69 he can say whatever he wants. He’s a cheat.

He also said that he got HIV via oral. That’s another lie. Danny lies.

by Anonymousreply 70April 8, 2022 9:32 AM

There will never be a Miami reunion, because the cast members all felt personally betrayed & abused by the producers.

Miami was the first season where the producers went nuts taking everything the cast members said completely out of context & editing a narrative that was mostly fictional (and frankly, mean). The cast members were COMPLETELY blindsided, and were mostly horrified by their portrayals on the show. Most of them had PTSD by the time the last episode aired & were embarrassed to even show their faces in public.

The producers also deliberately manipulated & gaslighted the cast to instigate conflict & crisis. Subsequent casts *knew* to not let their guard down in front of the cameras. The Miami cast didn't, and got slaughtered for it.

It'll snow on July 4th in downtown Miami before the Miami cast EVER trusts B&M again.

by Anonymousreply 71April 8, 2022 9:36 AM

Flora is blacklisted by MTV anyway.

by Anonymousreply 72April 8, 2022 9:43 AM

I wouldn't have guessed Miami as a cast with negative B/M feeling. They all came back for reunions, and four out of seven did The Challenge at least once. Dan Rienzi did it three times.

by Anonymousreply 73April 8, 2022 9:44 AM

Not only that r73, but a few of them have said they would love to come back, especially Dan, who wants them to cast him for All Stars

by Anonymousreply 74April 8, 2022 9:49 AM

Why is Flora blacklisted?

G damn I still hate Julie, I may not watch just because of her. Is Jamie still chunk? Remember when Julie tried to unhook Veronica from her harness in one of those challenge shows? GF could’ve killed her. (Not that Veronica wasn’t a cunt but…)

by Anonymousreply 75April 8, 2022 11:07 AM

R72 Whatever happened to that miserable, ugly cunt? I was hoping she'd have ODed by now.

by Anonymousreply 76April 8, 2022 11:18 AM

R70 Wes stayed with Danny for a long time after his poz diagnosis, so seems like it was either an open relationship or Wes didn't think the supposed cheating was such a big deal.

by Anonymousreply 77April 8, 2022 11:21 AM

Most gay men are far more comfortable with "cheating" than straight women.

by Anonymousreply 78April 8, 2022 11:24 AM

From Instagram, it seems like Danny has primary custody of the daughter.

by Anonymousreply 79April 8, 2022 11:25 AM

BTW, did you notice how much thinner (almost gaunt/unhealthy) Danny looks in the 1:1/confessional shots of the trailer than in the group shots (or on Instagram)? He definitely looks better now at his age with a little more fullness to the face.

by Anonymousreply 80April 8, 2022 11:28 AM

Danny is a whore. It’s not a secret. He’s been ran through by many, double penetrated and all. He even cheated on his OG season and the only reason he acted the way he did after was because he realized the camera caught it.

He even had fucking Kelley pretty much ask his boyfriend if he’s ok with Danny cheating. Rewatch that season. Danny has no self control when it comes to his bussy, so I’m not shocked he ended up catching something.

by Anonymousreply 81April 8, 2022 11:40 AM

I also always found his “looks” overrated. Cute, yes, but the gorgeous beauty people make him out to be? Hardly. He’s actually pretty basic.

by Anonymousreply 82April 8, 2022 11:41 AM

Where is Danny getting his money?

by Anonymousreply 83April 8, 2022 12:19 PM

Dan R. from Miami ended up becoming a nurse. He was on the frontlines during peak covid.

by Anonymousreply 84April 8, 2022 12:59 PM

I agree Danny was cute. Not beautiful. And now he looks like old white trash from the mountains. Awful. His nose completely grew and changed shape.

by Anonymousreply 85April 8, 2022 1:03 PM

They say most Mens noses never stop growing. It’s just more noticeable on some.

by Anonymousreply 86April 8, 2022 1:23 PM

At least back in 2000, a lot of the Danny appeal was his "aw shucks" personality to go along with the cornfed looks. Contrast to Jamie, who was objectively more conventionally attractive then but came across as boring, privileged white boy

by Anonymousreply 87April 8, 2022 10:23 PM

R55, what did Westley's exes have to say about him? Always curious how/timing of Danny's and Wes's breakup, considering they had been together for so long, dealt with Danny's HIV diagnosis, and broke up so soon after adopting a child together. Danny's mentioned that Wes was the one pushing to adopt, but it looks like Danny is the primary caregiver now

by Anonymousreply 88April 8, 2022 10:27 PM

She spends 2 weeks a month at Wes’s. Danny has a lot more free time.

by Anonymousreply 89April 8, 2022 10:33 PM

Danny is considered the first gay man on reality tv to not be a stereotype. That plus his “cornfed” looks made him popular.

He’s a southern boy. It’s funny how people think he’s Midwestern.

by Anonymousreply 90April 8, 2022 10:34 PM

I think Julie and Danny look fine. Jamie was the one I didn’t recognize.

by Anonymousreply 91April 12, 2022 6:30 PM

Melissa and Kelley both look great for their age. Matt, too.

by Anonymousreply 92April 12, 2022 9:53 PM

Julie was one of the greatest reality-TV heels, because she got a lot of viewers to buy into her "good girl" act, but she was always stirring the shit and had to be at the center of everything.

Remember when the producers kicked Ayanna off a Challenge for assaulting Christian? Ayanna was on the Road Rules team, Julie wasn't there for the assault, and it was none of her business, and still, she had to ensure a whole episode was devoted to her yelling and crying over the injustice of it. It would be one thing if she and Ayanna had been close, but we'd never even seen them talking! When the producers tried to create a Julie/Ayanna friendship montage, the only scenes they had to work with were AFTER the assault. She was getting up in Road Rules' players' faces, asking where their loyalty was, trying to organize an "If Ayanna goes, we all go" protest of the entire cast. Naturally, everyone else was like "Yeah...not fighting to keep a crazy girl who hits people," and Julie didn't feel strongly enough about it to just leave in solidarity by herself. Then she was shown on the phone with a friend back home: "Now I have to do this stupid mission," like she was being held prisoner.

Emily taking Julie by the ears and dragging her face through the mud in their wrestling match in that episode was great TV.

by Anonymousreply 93April 13, 2022 7:45 AM

The OG season is now on Paramount+

by Anonymousreply 94April 16, 2022 12:57 AM

[quote]He comes into NYC when he needs to for a Doctors appointment or a work meeting.

Or to take copious raw loads.

by Anonymousreply 95April 16, 2022 1:28 AM

There's so much I want to say- but so little time.

So I will leave you with this-

COME ON BE MY BABY TONIGHT!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 96April 16, 2022 2:46 AM

I've seen the way you've treated other thugs you've been with, R96.

Remember when they brought David's song back in the Chicago season, when Kyle's friend and Cara Jessica Parker were getting ready to hook up? Good times. And it probably saved a few dollars on music licensing!

by Anonymousreply 97April 16, 2022 3:08 AM

Chicago was a great season

by Anonymousreply 98April 16, 2022 3:10 AM

It’s also a wonderful town.

by Anonymousreply 99April 16, 2022 6:32 AM

R34 Lol Kaia. I remember she made a play for that boring guy and didn't get anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 100April 16, 2022 6:41 AM

Omg. They're all senior citizens.

by Anonymousreply 101April 16, 2022 6:46 AM

[quote]He comes into NYC when he needs to for a Doctors appointment or a work meeting.

What work does he do that he has to occasionally take meetings in NYC? And why go to a doctor in NYC? There aren't doctors in Vermont? Most people only see a doctor once a year only, if that.

by Anonymousreply 102April 16, 2022 7:19 AM

Why is Jamie twice the width of Danny on the poster? Danny is shrinking away.

by Anonymousreply 103April 16, 2022 7:20 AM

R102 he’s HIV Positive. He has to see a doctor more than the average Joe for tests and meds.

He works remotely.

by Anonymousreply 104April 16, 2022 7:50 AM

Come on be my baby tonight. Come on be my baby tonight.

Just the idea of that STUPID song gives me life and puts a smile on my face.

David had the talent of Tiny Tim, minus the ukulele playing skills. It cracks me up just thinking about it.

I cannot wait to see this shit.

by Anonymousreply 105April 16, 2022 11:09 AM

R96 I had forgotten about that! Stealing "Luck be a Lady Tonight" and trying to turn it into urban pop. LOL!

by Anonymousreply 106April 16, 2022 5:16 PM

R106 isn’t that what all artists do? I mean, that’s hardly a criticism

by Anonymousreply 107April 16, 2022 5:18 PM

R107 He literally stole the entire melody. So, no.

by Anonymousreply 108April 16, 2022 5:22 PM

R108 actually the melodies aren’t identical at all.

by Anonymousreply 109April 16, 2022 5:25 PM

R109 Oh, Jesus Christ.

by Anonymousreply 110April 16, 2022 5:26 PM

Who's the freak with the Sgt Pepper jacket?

by Anonymousreply 111April 16, 2022 5:29 PM

I cannot get over how old Jamie looks.

by Anonymousreply 112April 16, 2022 5:30 PM

I don’t think Jamie looks older than Danny at all.

by Anonymousreply 113April 16, 2022 5:32 PM

Jamie has that lazy kind of fat look- Just dumpy.

If he just loses 25 lbs, he would be cuddly and hot. His face is still handsome.

Danny never did anything for me then, and certainly not now.

And everyone- I must say it again-

Come on be my bay bay tonight, come on be my bay bay tonight!

by Anonymousreply 114April 16, 2022 8:14 PM

It’s finally here!!!

by Anonymousreply 115April 20, 2022 8:16 PM

Still love Melissa!

by Anonymousreply 116April 20, 2022 8:22 PM

I wish Miami season was on paramount+. All the missing seasons are the only ones I want to rewatch.

by Anonymousreply 117April 20, 2022 8:54 PM

Was that Julie making out with Jamie in the hot tub in the trailer for the rest Ig the season? I just watched.

by Anonymousreply 118April 20, 2022 9:03 PM

Jamie looks handsome, even with the weight gain. Matt looks EXACTLY THE SAME.

All three ladies look good. Tokyo (David) is a husky bear now but looks happy and like he matured. I respect it.

Danny looks sick and sounds it also. As he was confronting Julie he speaks in this flat, slow manner. He looks sick. Idc what anyone says.

by Anonymousreply 119April 20, 2022 9:08 PM

Julie seems like a sociopath

by Anonymousreply 120April 20, 2022 9:09 PM

R118 no. The guy is no one from the cast. Maybe Julie’s husband visits

by Anonymousreply 121April 20, 2022 9:17 PM

My friend Julie is a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 122April 20, 2022 11:00 PM

Melissa has every right to be upset but I’m happy she acknowledged her situation is petty compared to Julie and Danny’s. Similar but his was much worse.

by Anonymousreply 123April 20, 2022 11:04 PM

It’s sad that the owners of the original house wouldn’t rent the house out for the show. I loved that NY and LA were in the original houses and you see the cast members almost taking in all those memories that had there 30 years ago, with things coming back to them as they walk around. This season being in a new house takes that nostalgic aspect away from the cast themselves.

by Anonymousreply 124April 20, 2022 11:06 PM

What’s the beef between Julie and Danny?

by Anonymousreply 125April 20, 2022 11:29 PM

R125 watch the episode.

However, back in the day after the seasons aired the casts of RW (and RR) would get hired to do speaking engagements at colleges and high schools around the country. After NOLA aired, Julie got Danny sacked from those speaking engagements by telling them he’s a shady gay character and a gay man with no morals etc. so they wouldn’t hire him and she would be hired solely.

Many Colleges and High Schools didn’t wanna hire a gay man to begin with and doors were starting to open up but she closed those doors again by making him sound like some seedy shady gay man that parents need to be careful to have their kids around.

by Anonymousreply 126April 20, 2022 11:37 PM

The stuff between Julie and Melissa came out one of the Challenges they did together, but this was the first time I'd heard about the Danny stuff. Melissa and he were taking none of her shit, and I was there for it.

I think Danny/Tokyo wins Most Improved. Maybe he's still affected, but he seems like much less of a douchebag.

by Anonymousreply 127April 21, 2022 12:28 AM

R127 David. Not Danny lol.

Because Danny never spoke about what happened between Julie and him publicly. Most of the cast didn’t even know. Only Kelley knew prior to him saying it there. Melissa put her on black on The Challenge in 2003. They show clips of it during this episode.

by Anonymousreply 128April 21, 2022 12:31 AM

If I remember correctly Julie pulled the shit with the speaking gigs on a couple cast members of The Challenge.

by Anonymousreply 129April 21, 2022 12:33 AM

[quote][R127] David. Not Danny lol.

Quite. I'm tired, that's my excuse.

[quote]Because Danny never spoke about what happened between Julie and him publicly. Most of the cast didn’t even know. Only Kelley knew prior to him saying it there.

It makes his reluctance to do the reunion make a lot more sense.

It was really breathtaking watching the wheels in Julie's head turning as Tokyo was talking to her. She's an utter sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 130April 21, 2022 12:35 AM

Danny’s situation was worse because she used his sexuality against him and only made people who already were scared to have him near their teens feel affirmed in their beliefs and feelings.

by Anonymousreply 131April 21, 2022 12:35 AM

[quote]He doesn't have AIDS, you bigoted frau cunt.

How do you know?

by Anonymousreply 132April 21, 2022 12:35 AM

Danny looks ill. I will say it. You can tell there is something wrong there. But we know it’s HIV.

They were all reluctant to do it. Danny and Kelley were the final two to agree though.

by Anonymousreply 133April 21, 2022 12:38 AM

I'll be watching this next month, I hope to binge it in a 7-day period so I don't have to pay for Paramount+.

Julie is just awful. I lost all respect for her when she tried to unclip Veronica during that scary heights challenge, & later mocked Veronica for being scared! Bitch.

I remember hearing about the beef Melissa had with her; sad that she also did Danny dirty as well.

Not sure if it's an urban legend, but Julie & Melissa were supposedly supposed to be on one of the 9/11 planes that flew into the Twin Towers.

by Anonymousreply 134April 21, 2022 12:44 AM

R134, I remember Julie saying she was supposed to be on the plane but decided to sleep in and catch a later flight. Didn’t know about Melissa.

by Anonymousreply 135April 21, 2022 12:50 AM

Not Melissa. Just Julie.

by Anonymousreply 136April 21, 2022 12:52 AM

Wow, I know I watched this a bit in 2000, but I forgot all about Jamie…he is hotter now, I think.

Julie is a MESS.

It’s too bad some of the earlier seasons couldn’t agree to come back. I was a big fan of Hawaii, Boston, and Seattle. I would love to see all of those people again.

I think the last season I watched was the one with Dustin Zito claiming he hadn’t REALLY didn’t do gay porn…even though they had clips of him sucking cock and getting fucked.

by Anonymousreply 137April 21, 2022 1:09 AM

That was a wild fucking episode. And, just upsetting in the last 16 mins or so. Not fun or interesting to watch for the drama, just genuinely upsetting. Julie is just a bad person. She expects people to believe that she badmouthed Danny behind his bad, but not Melissa. Even though the two situations happened completely independently of each other. She really seems to have no understanding of why it was wrong. She got the idea somewhere that she OUGHT to feel badly about what she did to Danny, but I don't believe she actually DOES feel badly about it for a second.

Danny was a hot little number back in the day. Like, dirty hot. He'd be down for some wild, transgressive sex, back in 2000. Not really sure what to make of him now though.

by Anonymousreply 138April 21, 2022 1:10 AM

"Behind his BACK" I mean. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 139April 21, 2022 1:11 AM

That was season 25, r137. RW Las Vegas 2, in 2011, aka the season that gave RW another wind and kept it from getting canceled. The ratings went up again for the first time in years with that season, only to go down again the next few seasons, until they started doing gimmick seasons.

by Anonymousreply 140April 21, 2022 1:12 AM

Danny is 44 and looks tired and sick. Thank God for modern meds, but he says they still have their side effects no one will talk about, and after a certain amount of time they usually have to switch your meds up with your body now reacting to the new meds and having to get used to them etc.

by Anonymousreply 141April 21, 2022 1:15 AM

Apparently, Julie also fucked over Coral from Back to New York in a similar way.

Now, Coral is fully capable of cutting a bitch, so I'm surprised Julie is still alive.

by Anonymousreply 142April 21, 2022 1:16 AM

Are we seeing a trend? She cuts off POC and LGBT only? Hmmm

by Anonymousreply 143April 21, 2022 1:19 AM

I DID know about Julie's intriguing against Danny in the early 2000s, but through Melissa's blog (at the time of their infamous fight on The Challenge) rather than from Danny directly. In the same era, Kelley also said Julie was "shady," and Colin from the Hawaii cast made a comment about Julie and the Stouffer family having a bad reputation for sandbagging other RW alumni on the speaking circuit. It was just too many sources for me to not think there was something to it.

Not that I ever had any positive impression of Julie to lose.

I laughed at Julie's exchange with Tokyo. "Were they talking about me?" "No. We were eating."

by Anonymousreply 144April 21, 2022 1:34 AM

Tokyo IS less of a douche. But there's something odd there. He just seems kinda hollow to me. No there there.

Jamie is like every hot jock from my high school who's now in middle age. Not very deep.

Melissa is ok, but it's too much woke shit. Like, calm down with that shizz hunty.

Julie is just nuts. On a different planet. Was never properly socialized. And the results are horrible.

It seems like Danny is DAMAGED.

The yellow glasses guy- not sure what to make of him, or his whole deal yet.

The one married to Scott Wolfe- doesn't seem too into it. Beautiful woman though.

As I suggested above- This season actually seems disturbing in an unfun way. Will watch, but not really looking forward to it like I was with NT and LA seasons.

by Anonymousreply 145April 21, 2022 1:35 AM

NY not NT., Duh. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 146April 21, 2022 1:36 AM

R145 I get the feeling you’ve never watched the original season. Maybe you should before watching them reunite.

Melissa said nothing woke. Her acknowledgment of being a woman of color and Danny being gay means she’s woke? Grow the fuck up. Jesus. So immature.

Jamie was never deep to begin with. He’s a highly educated white suburban-Chicago upper middle class attractive jock who was always this way. He’s lived a fairly easy life.

Tokyo just seems uncomfortable around these people. He did the first time also and he does now again, but like he’s trying to make it right this time. I like that he dropped the overly machismo act and admitted his roommates not liking him in 2000 hurt him. He’s always been very guarded. I sense he’s trying to break down those walls a bit.

by Anonymousreply 147April 21, 2022 1:42 AM

Oh man, watching this gave me some very strong, feelings, both nostalgic and wistful. I was 17 and had just graduated high school when the season first aired; this was the first (and only) season of TRW where I felt an actual connection to the cast and I’ll always associate these seven people and their experience in New Orleans with an incredibly seminal time in my life.

Seeing these same individuals 22 years later and now middle-aged feels completely surreal. I think this might be the first time I’ve fully grasped just how old I am now and it feels a bit shocking to wrap my head around how much time has passed and how much the world has changed since this was on TV.

Anyway, Melissa is still a riot, poor Danny just doesn’t look well, and Julie is an annoying, deluded, narcissistic cunt. I always hated that bitch.

by Anonymousreply 148April 21, 2022 2:40 AM

R148 isn’t it funny how there are certain RW casts you can feel a connection to and almost like you know them because they’re from a very specific period in your life? For me, it’s the Chicago and Las Vegas casts, but most Vegas. I was 15/16 when those seasons aired and felt a strong connection to both seasons and their casts, but moreso Vegas, because at 15 I was already a hot mess who loved hot people and sex and drama, and that whole season was just that. I was coming into my own sexuality with myself too. I honestly connected to them, it was so odd. Love Trishelle. What a hot mess. I had such a crush on Steven (and recently told him that when I met him) but upon rewatch a few months ago I loved Frank. I really slept on him as a teen but as a 35 year old, I’m like woof. Hot!!!

Anyway, love the NOLA cast also, they were one of the better casts.

by Anonymousreply 149April 21, 2022 2:51 AM

R147 I watched the original season.

Nah, Melissa was woke. Anyone who starts spouting rules about what can and cannot be said within 5 minutes is tiresome. I fucking hate Trump, and I think he will destroy this country, so I don't really focus too much on it, since Trump is such a bigger problem. But all these fucking rules are so goddamned tiresome, and really only serve to alienate independents and people who could otherwise be persuaded to vote Democrat.

Trust me, I don't need to grow up. I'm grown.

by Anonymousreply 150April 21, 2022 7:10 AM

R150 wow. You’re even dumber than I thought! This is getting insane that everything needs to be explained to you.

The fact you took her saying that these days if someone says this is their name you aren’t supposed to question them as literal…. I swear you’re a retard.

by Anonymousreply 151April 21, 2022 8:07 AM

R151 What? I have no idea what you're taking about.

I'll never understand people who pick fights with strangers on the internet over minutiae. This is a fun site to waste some time, exchange opinions, and maybe joke around. Calling a complete stranger a "retard" but also telling them to "grow up" is such a hilarious contradiction. And also way beyond my scope of understanding of human behavior. Do you get some satisfaction from policing message boards for "retards?" If so, have at it, I guess.

But maybe reconsider how you interact with people. That might work out better for you.

by Anonymousreply 152April 21, 2022 8:38 AM

Lmaooooooooooooooooo ok J.

by Anonymousreply 153April 21, 2022 8:41 AM

I admit I started to roll my eyes when Melissa spouted off about being the only woman of color in the cast. But then as she continued to explain how hard it would be for someone like her to not come off as bitter, petty, and angry by confronting these issues, I was on her side. I also think she did a great job of holding her own throughout the whole thing—she even interjected with “I”m speaking” much more effectively than Kamala did.

by Anonymousreply 154April 21, 2022 12:17 PM

So I agree that Julie comes across poorly, and also agree with Tokyo’s advice that she has to take full responsibility because the buck ultimately stops with her. But, I also sort of believe that a lot, if not all, of the shadiness could have come from her management team at the time, and not her personally. Some of these agents and managers are fucking ruthless, and were even more so twenty years ago. I can believe that she never saw any of the correspondence that was sent by her people. Doesn’t excuse her not dealing with it sooner, but I do think it’s fair to at least throw her that semi-bone.

by Anonymousreply 155April 21, 2022 12:27 PM

The thing is, she admitted to having sent the Danny letter herself. First, it was that she wrote the Danny letter but NOT the Melissa letter. Which is very unlikely. What are the chances that both her, and someone on her team sent disparaging letters independent of each other?

Then, when Tokyo was taking to her, it seemed like she shifted to saying BOTH letters were written by someone on her team. And if that was the case, why come in apologizing to Danny but not Melissa? Her story is all over the place, and has all the hallmarks of a shifting story someone tells when they're a liar.

by Anonymousreply 156April 21, 2022 12:35 PM

My memory of Real World/Challenge history isn’t what it used to be, but I could swear Julie’s mom was her agent and/or manager at the time, so even if the letters came from her ‘team’ it was still a family affair.

by Anonymousreply 157April 21, 2022 12:39 PM

[quote]Danny looks sick and sounds it also. As he was confronting Julie he speaks in this flat, slow manner. He looks sick. Idc what anyone says.

Come play with me, Danny. Forever and ever and ever...

by Anonymousreply 158April 21, 2022 12:42 PM

What she did is so beyond scummy. But she rushed to apologize to Danny. I think someone must've TOLD her how wrong it was, and it made an impression on her so she said she was sorry. But I don't think she truly understands why it was so wrong. I guess no one ever got to her about Melissa, because she felt there was no need to even address the issue, let alone say she was sorry.

Then, Tokyo again TOLD her how wrong what she did to both of them was. Again, I don't think she truly understands it, but she could tell by his grave tone that it was all much more serious than she ever imagined. I think she will say the words "I'm sorry" to Melissa, but it will be clear to Melissa and Danny that she really doesn't grasp how truly reprehensible her actions were.

Her parents must've let her get away with lying and sweeping everything under the rug her whole life. And she must be very sheltered because she's truly shocked by Danny and Melissa, and until Tokyo spoke to her actually felt like she was the aggrieved party.

by Anonymousreply 159April 21, 2022 12:51 PM

I’d love to give Julie the benefit of the doubt that she didn’t write at least the Melissa letter but she’s known about this for 20 years and is acting like it’s brand new information. She easily could have looked into who wrote the letter over the last 20 years but didn’t because either it was her or she simply just doesn’t care who wrote it. And honestly as crazy as it would be for Julie to write the letters it would be even crazier for someone on her team to do it. What better way would there be to get fired or ruin your reputation in the industry than with that kind of shady shit? No one would risk their career over Julie. So if it wasn’t Julie herself then it makes sense as suggested above that it was her mom because who else that worked for Julie would do that and who would Julie try to protect? That being said, I think Julie also legitimately doesn’t see it as a big deal. Based on her reactions here and her behavior on The Challenge she clearly approaches everything in life with a win at all costs attitude and doesn’t see anything wrong with operating that way.

by Anonymousreply 160April 21, 2022 1:09 PM

[quote]I don't need to grow up. I'm grown.

Where I used to work, we all used to laugh behind the backs of students who would say that.

by Anonymousreply 161April 21, 2022 1:24 PM

Danny makes me very sad. He seems like this whole thing was a big mistake for him. Altered his life in a very negative way.

by Anonymousreply 162April 21, 2022 1:29 PM

Danny has always hated the attention the show brought him, both positive and negative and has openly spoken about having PTSD when it comes to MTV. He says most of the older casts do over the years.

I am assuming they are all learning to appreciate their past on the show, well some. That’s why some from other casts refuse to budge and do this. Colin from Hawaii won’t budge, for example, despite the 6 figure pay for 2 weeks of filming.

by Anonymousreply 163April 21, 2022 4:03 PM

PS Julie’s management was her religious family. She isn’t gonna throw them under the bus though.

by Anonymousreply 164April 21, 2022 4:04 PM

Kelley just did a live and said that the only reason she agreed to do the show again was for Danny after he decided he wanted to do it and share his story more. She wanted to be there as a supporter for him but also to help drive conversations and observe the conversations that were going to happen, inevitably. She didn’t have much drama with anyone so she knew she would be there more as an observer, which she liked.

She found out about what Julie did to Danny in that moment. She never knew and after it all happened she pulled him aside and asked how she never knew about this for 20+ years and he said that when it happened he was so thrown off by it and hurt, plus he was dealing with so many other issues at the time that he decided to brush it off and never speak of it, because if he never speaks of it then he won’t be giving it and life or relevance, but he knew when he wanted to come back he would wanna share his story (inevitably) and confront her after suppressing that for 20+ years.

She said that she actually had a very strong bond with David on the original show and they were actually close but the producers never showed any of their footage together bonding and hanging out, only the footage of them clashing at work etc. She loves Tokyo very much and they were close in the new house also but she doesn’t know if they will show their friendship. She said when the house made a house meeting and everyone pretty much laid into David during the OG show you can see her standing on the side and saying nothing, and that’s because she was 100% against that meeting and vocally against it, but the rest of the house wanted to lay into him. She said she found that whole situation and them thinking that was ok terrifying, and watching it now in her 40s it still bothers her how they ganged up on him, but she never took part in that.

Scott Wolf was there and he said he watched the episode and loved it, and felt it was fun to see them all reunite despite the drama that is to come that he knows about but can’t say lol. But he liked seeing his wife back in her original element, and she felt it was a full circle moment.

by Anonymousreply 165April 21, 2022 5:12 PM

[quote]Kelley just did a live

Was it on Facebook? Instagram?

by Anonymousreply 166April 21, 2022 10:35 PM

Instagram

by Anonymousreply 167April 21, 2022 10:45 PM

If Kelley wanted to make me like her more than I already did, mission accomplished.

by Anonymousreply 168April 21, 2022 11:56 PM

Yeah, Kelley is one of the more normal people who have ever been on Real World.

by Anonymousreply 169April 22, 2022 1:08 AM

[quote]She said that she actually had a very strong bond with David on the original show and they were actually close but the producers never showed any of their footage together bonding and hanging out, only the footage of them clashing at work etc.

In the prime of The Real World, they used to publish a book after the season was over. One feature of the content was that each roommate would be asked to go down the list of the other six and say what they thought of them, whether they expected to stay in touch. David said Kelley was the closest he had to a friend in the house. Someone who watched the season might be expecting him to say Matt or Julie.

I can only think of one scene from the original season that hints at that. When Kelley is weighing whether to stay in New Orleans with the doctor boyfriend after the season is over, she talks with David about it. Just that she brought that up with him suggested there was more to them that didn't make the final edit. David has a funny line in that scene. She asks him if HE would stay in New Orleans if he met someone, and he says, "It would have to be a fine-ass broad."

by Anonymousreply 170April 22, 2022 1:14 AM

That makes sense as to why Kelley and David embraced each other for so long when he entered the house on Homecoming. They really gave each other a long, genuine hug.

by Anonymousreply 171April 22, 2022 1:28 AM

[quote]Danny looks sick and sounds it also. As he was confronting Julie he speaks in this flat, slow manner. He looks sick. Idc what anyone says.

He has the AIDS, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 172April 22, 2022 7:15 AM

Danny's Southern accent isn't as heavy as it was in 2000, and the quality of his voice is deeper with age (as David/Tokyo's is), but he doesn't sound different to me otherwise. He always spoke slowly.

by Anonymousreply 173April 22, 2022 8:14 AM

Danny should have done a remake of Dawson's 50 Load Weekend.instead, if he could find willing guys.

Poor AIDS ridden whore.

by Anonymousreply 174April 22, 2022 9:36 AM

I wonder whatever happened to Irene from Seattle, the Lyme disease sufferer who got slapped by the closet case she outed?

by Anonymousreply 175April 22, 2022 10:47 AM

I'm fine, and you're a homosexual.

by Anonymousreply 176April 22, 2022 11:34 AM

R173 ummm probably because he hasn’t lived in the south for at least 22 years…. When you’re in a new place for a long time you usually lose your native accent, or it lightens.

by Anonymousreply 177April 22, 2022 1:03 PM

R175 she returned to Georgetown after the show - I was in school with her. She was quiet but seemed normal enough.

Her Wikipedia has some updates about what she did after college….

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178April 22, 2022 1:06 PM

R177: I didn't write "His accent is lighter, and I find that baffling. Can anyone explain that?" or "His accent is lighter, so I suspect he was exaggerating it in 2000." Thanks anyway, though.

by Anonymousreply 179April 22, 2022 1:09 PM

R179 no but you seemed shocked he’d lost most of it since 2000 which is baffling as that was 22 years ago and he’s lived in the Northeast for most of that time.

by Anonymousreply 180April 22, 2022 1:11 PM

R180, where are you getting "shock" out of that? Someone mentioned that he sounded much different as evidence that he has some serious illness, and I just noted that besides his accent being less prominent and his voice deepening a little with 20 years of age, he sounds the same.

by Anonymousreply 181April 22, 2022 1:14 PM

Oh I thought the shock was the accent itself. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 182April 22, 2022 1:16 PM

Man, Julie is really full of shit.

[quote] First of all, some of the letters brought up actually were not letters that I wrote, so it’s been a misunderstanding for 20 years that I didn’t know. Then there was a letter that I did write as a 20-year-old. It was an email actually — just to give you an idea of how this kind of stuff gets blown up — thoughtlessly, haphazardly written, one of those you click send and forget about it for literally a lifetime, never thought about it again, And it wasn’t even to Danny, but he heard about it and it’s kind of the telephone game where things got misconstrued, intentions weren’t understood, and now here I am, as a 40-something-year-old sitting there, trying to even remember this email, but understanding that he’s very upset about it and I’m apologizing profusely because I feel horrible. That was not the intention plus that person is pretty much dead because it was 20 years ago, and it’s just not anything that’s been a part of my waking consciousness for decades. It really isn’t that big a deal. I don’t think he even really thinks it’s that big a deal, but because we haven’t seen each other in 20 years, that was unfinished business, and so I didn’t realize that I should’ve finished that.

I love how she claims she didn't know about any of this for the last 20 years—despite Melissa confronting her about it on The Challenge and Melissa writing a detailed blog post about it at the time. And then she claims she totally forgot about the Danny email even though literally the first thing she did when she walked in the door was to apologize to him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183April 22, 2022 3:13 PM

She's a scumbag. And so damn transparent. We're talking about TWO letters here. And she says "First of all, some of the letters brought up actually were not letters that I wrote" very obviously trying to just obfuscate the matter by suggesting "UGH it was such a wild and CRAZY letter writing time, who knows WHAT happened! So many letters!" Such fucking bullshit. If you're still lying like that well into your 40s, you have major, major issues.

by Anonymousreply 184April 22, 2022 8:00 PM

I’m rewatching the OG season right now. I still to this day find it weird how Danny decided to start his stay by automatically saying he has a secret. Bro. Really?

by Anonymousreply 185April 22, 2022 8:14 PM

Same r148/r149. For me it was Back to New York, Coral had a huge impact on me. She truly didn't give shit about what others thought of her, and she let them know. I really needed to see that example at that time, as a self conscious teenager. I still key into that power lesbian mentality from time to time lol

by Anonymousreply 186April 22, 2022 11:30 PM

I looked up all the seasons, and I for sure watched up through 10, Back to NYC, but I really only remember Coral.

After that, I know I watched Austin, New Orleans 2, and Las Vegas 2. If I watched any of the other seasons, I sure don’t remember them. New Orleans had that weird blond guy who would sleep with a running hair dryer! And mouth breather Jemmye.

by Anonymousreply 187April 23, 2022 12:05 AM

NOLA2 was a good season also.

by Anonymousreply 188April 23, 2022 12:11 AM

I honestly can't believe Julie would be stupid enough to fuck with Coral. Coral would throw her down a flight of stairs without a second thought.

Matt also had a lotta damned nerve trying to encourage Danny and Melissa toward "healing."

by Anonymousreply 189April 23, 2022 12:44 AM

Are any of the good old seasons on paramount plus yet? Like Boston, Seattle, Chicago?

by Anonymousreply 190April 23, 2022 12:47 AM

Matt only inserted himself because he saw where that convo was headed, and it was going nowhere good. He intervened once Julie took what Melissa said as her being a racist and homophobe, before it escalates from there.

After he spoke the convo didn’t last much longer. Good

by Anonymousreply 191April 23, 2022 12:48 AM

R190 1-4, 9, 12, 15 on I believe.

The other seasons aren’t up because of the music.

by Anonymousreply 192April 23, 2022 12:49 AM

I recently re-watched London and think it generally gets a really bad rep for being boring.

After all the conflict/fights/oustings in LA and San Francisco, it was nice to see a group of people living together who genuinely liked each other and supported one another.

From what I understand they are all still very close and I don't see any reason why they shouldn't get a Homecoming.

by Anonymousreply 193April 23, 2022 12:59 AM

London just never gets out of first gear. If I watch an episode of it, I can enjoy it, but over 20+ episodes, it wears me down with its flatness and aimlessness. The producers are forced to use scenes that would have been left on the cutting-room floor with a more dynamic group. Then I start wondering what WAS on the cutting-room floor with London.

[quote]The other seasons aren’t up because of the music.

An easy fix, then. Maybe not "easy"...I'm sure a lot of time and effort goes into it. But if a season was good, it's still good without then-current hits. Whoever rescored New Orleans did a nice job. For example, the scene in which Julie colors her brother's hair red originally had Eminem's "The Real Slim Shady" playing. When the brother stands up from the sink, they showed it three times while Eminem said "Please stand up." The new instrumental music on the Paramount version at least has the same feel.

by Anonymousreply 194April 23, 2022 1:44 AM

R194 for them to put generic music or new songs they do have the licensing to they need to pick songs that still work. One of the biggest criticisms of the original NY season when it was released on dvd the first time was the generic music used and how it changed the vibe and dynamic of the scenes. Same thing when Las Vegas was released on dvd (the only other RW season to be released on dvd besides NY).

You might say it’s no big deal but to many it was a big deal and the dvd sales hurt big time when people learned the original music wasn’t in place.

by Anonymousreply 195April 23, 2022 5:52 AM

Funny, NY Times had an article about music changes to shows on streaming and dvd just last year. Something many complain about.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196April 23, 2022 5:56 AM

Another article about it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197April 23, 2022 5:58 AM

What season will be next? I bet that trashy first Las Vegas group would do it.

I’d love to see Boston, but no way would Sean Duffy do it…not that I want to see him anyway.

by Anonymousreply 198April 23, 2022 10:56 AM

Vegas was when I officially checked out of watching this shit. Plus I was 26 at the time and getting too old and busy for stuff like this.

by Anonymousreply 199April 23, 2022 2:44 PM

Vegas was “the season that changed RW forever”.

Also still the highest rated season ever.

by Anonymousreply 200April 23, 2022 2:46 PM

^But only Season 3 enabled you to watch someone slowly die.

by Anonymousreply 201April 23, 2022 4:12 PM

Pedro’s health deteriorated fast. No one knew it would happen so fast.

by Anonymousreply 202April 23, 2022 4:18 PM

Oh we knew alright.... *evil grins*

by Anonymousreply 203April 23, 2022 4:25 PM

Stress can be a bitch...

by Anonymousreply 204April 23, 2022 4:25 PM

...especially when battling illness.

by Anonymousreply 205April 23, 2022 4:26 PM

He did get really sick at one point during the season.

by Anonymousreply 206April 23, 2022 4:27 PM

Jamie has no real depth and he was always like that. I am rewatching the OG season and he himself described himself as from a rich white suburban family when he says he feels Melissa holds bias toward him because he is the embodiment of what she hates, rich privileged white frat types, not understanding that she doesn’t HATE them but holds resentment and expresses how she is treated by those types down in Tampa.

He later accuses the group of being jealous of him and taking joy in seeing someone “like him” (attractive white frat boy from an Ivy League school from a wealthy family) fail when it’s his turn to produce an episode of the show they do for work and it flops. He believed they took joy in seeing someone like him fail.

After that him and Kelley bump heads because he feels she is envious of the life he has, and claims he notices how her attitude and demeanor change when he speaks about his business (it’s a family business he pretty much was born into) and the fact he drives a BMW etc. which infuriates her and he calls her a psycho female which pisses her off more. Later they make peace and he expresses be felt she maybe resented that he was a white wealthy Frat boy from an Ivy League school.

I like Jamie a lot but I do find it interesting whenever someone had an issue with him he assumed it was their own insecurities and jealousy toward the life he was born into instead of “hey, maybe I did or said something wrong that upset them” etc. Melissa even says he takes no ownership of anything and assumes when someone’s upset it’s just them being upset.

by Anonymousreply 207April 23, 2022 4:37 PM

R206 yes he did but they were already filming. It’s not like the producers knew that would happen as they filmed.

His quick deterioration shocked everyone, even his family.

There are still people alive today who had aids back then, somehow they survived to make it to this day (see the gay guy who told his story on Homecoming Los Angeles). Some lasted, many didn’t. But some got very sick very fast and he was one of those.

Also, Rachel was only bad at first but she grew to love Pedro so much.

by Anonymousreply 208April 23, 2022 4:40 PM

Puck on the other hand was OBSESSED with Pedro and making him feel as uncomfortable as possible.

by Anonymousreply 209April 23, 2022 4:40 PM

Is Julie hoping to cheat on her husband and rekindle her old fling with Jamie?

And get him to cheat on his wife in the process?

by Anonymousreply 210April 23, 2022 5:46 PM

I rewatched London last summer and it’s a good season but dull. You can’t have a season like that where everyone mostly got along after two explosive seasons with LA and San Francisco. However, that was intentional. San Francisco was so dark and heavy, and fell hard on everyone involved so they decided to make sure the next season would be a lot lighter and simpler.

by Anonymousreply 211April 23, 2022 11:22 PM

This is the only season that I watched from beginning to end. Julie appears to be lacking in social awareness and is socially awkward. It could be that two letters were written to Danny, the one she admits to writing herself and another that her management write. However, she is responsible and she has 20 years to investigate, apologize and make amends. Her father appeared social awkward when on the show, and without feeling behind his words and actions.

Overall: Jamie appears the same, but a bit older. Matt appears to look the same, but with better style and maturity. Melissa looks better and seems the same, but more mature. Danny looks completely different. David (Tokyo) appears to be completely different in looks, maturity, and behavior, and for the better. Kelly appears the same as in 2000 and looks the same. Julie appears a both older, and more immature than in 2000, and less socially aware with less insight and problem solving skills.

by Anonymousreply 212April 24, 2022 2:35 AM

Julie is a sociopath. She needs others to tell her what is wrong, otherwise she doesn’t know what is and isn’t.

by Anonymousreply 213April 24, 2022 2:45 AM

R213 and R212 Julie made a complete 180 from her Mormon days! Good analysis R212.

by Anonymousreply 214April 24, 2022 2:55 AM

R213 Julie made a complete 180 from her 2000 Mormon days. Good analysis R212!

by Anonymousreply 215April 24, 2022 2:56 AM

She was always like this. The bad stuff she did was during her Mormon days. Not now.

by Anonymousreply 216April 24, 2022 3:07 AM

R216 I actually meant in her general overt behavior she made a complete 180.

by Anonymousreply 217April 24, 2022 3:14 AM

[quote]I rewatched London last summer and it’s a good season but dull. You can’t have a season like that where everyone mostly got along after two explosive seasons with LA and San Francisco. However, that was intentional. San Francisco was so dark and heavy, and fell hard on everyone involved so they decided to make sure the next season would be a lot lighter and simpler.

See, I think in London, the producers were expecting Neil to be a lot more abrasive and confrontational than he ended up being. Neil the condescending Brit punk rocker and Mike the privileged "ugly American" racer were supposed to butt heads more intensely. You can see them setting up that "story" in the early episodes. They also may have thought Neil and Kat could be the new Puck and Rachel. None of that really materialized. Neil had his opinions, but he had a light touch with them. He and Mike liked each other. He and Kat flirted a little but just stayed friends.

It's hard to predict how things are going to go, even for the Bunim-Murray evil geniuses. The lesson they took out of London's reception was that the casts needed more "structure" and had to have something that would force all seven to spend time more together. That's when the group work projects started.

by Anonymousreply 218April 24, 2022 5:45 AM

R218 Mike from RWL wasn't ugly at all, he was kind of hot

by Anonymousreply 219April 24, 2022 5:50 AM

R219: "Ugly American" doesn't really have to do with appearance. It's more a type of tourist personality, and it was the role he was expected to play in the cast. Lacking curiosity about what London had to offer, freaking out because he couldn't get ranch dressing and wanted it shipped over, saying "American culture is the best culture in the world."

All that was physically ugly about him was that unbelievably bad haircut.

by Anonymousreply 220April 24, 2022 6:05 AM

It's such a transparently orchestrated formula at this point.

1. At least one model pretty, male and female 2. At least one person raised in isolation (small towner, strong religious, etc) 3. At least one angry minority 4. At least one non-hetero (probably plus a trans at this point) 5. At least one "actor" or "musician" 6. At least one confrontational asshole 7. At least one conservative 8. At least one druggie or boozer

Some of the above intersect, of course, but it's always the same thing. Cue the drama.

by Anonymousreply 221April 24, 2022 6:14 AM

Do you think the seasons with 4 boys and 3 girls are so much better than the seasons with 4 girls and 3 boys? No one wants that many girls.

by Anonymousreply 222April 24, 2022 9:23 AM

[quote]for them to put generic music or new songs they do have the licensing to they need to pick songs that still work. One of the biggest criticisms of the original NY season when it was released on dvd the first time was the generic music used and how it changed the vibe and dynamic of the scenes. Same thing when Las Vegas was released on dvd (the only other RW season to be released on dvd besides NY).

So, here are the options. The missing seasons (5-11, minus season 9) will eventually make it to Paramount Plus in excellent video quality without the songs, or they won't, but they'll be viewable on YouTube or Venmo uploads in poor VHS quality with the songs. I know what I would prefer.

by Anonymousreply 223April 24, 2022 10:49 AM

Only the minorities in the casts weren’t always angry, and when they were it was mostly with reason. The angry black man/woman who is just mad 24/7 at the world was never cast on the show. The closest thing they got to it was Kevin on season 1, and he was a highly educated and hard working man who was angry because of all the shit he deals with as a black man. Justified. Heather was nothing like that, and admits it today that she should have listened to Kevin more. David on season 2 also.

Tami was moody, but that whole cast was. David was an asshole who didn’t know how to act.

Mohammed was a good dude on San Francisco, but hardly even around because he was always working or at his GFs.

Sharon on London was a sweet, kind, gentle soul.

Cynthia on Miami was also a mostly sweet, king and gentle soul.

We can go on, and none of them live up to the “angry” stereotype you want them to be.

David on NOLA was dealing with a lot and a douche but he was never the in your face aggressive type screaming like some have made him sound. He was mostly cool, but with a huge ego and arrogant. When he would get upset he would distance himself.

by Anonymousreply 224April 24, 2022 3:38 PM

Also, not every season had a LGBT person on it.

by Anonymousreply 225April 24, 2022 3:38 PM

It's horrible to say, but Pedro's rapid decline & early demise was mostly his own fault. He was sweet, but stubborn as hell, and had his medical caregivers alternating between tears & helpless rage, and left all of them personally battling burnout & PTSD for YEARS afterward.

His doctor in Miami moved heaven & earth to get Pedro early access to protease inhibitors... which Pedro refused to take until it was too late, because... well... Pedro. His attitude was, "I didn't deserve to catch AIDS, so I shouldn't have to follow a grueling medication regimen." He just didn't grasp that those meds were his one & only shot at living to see his 30th birthday. He was a kid who was in total denial of his fragile mortality, and refused to take responsibility for his own health.

That's why he died quickly, while others who'd been HIV+ long before him are still alive today. THEY carried their meds in fanny packs with ice packs & arranged their days around their never-ending medication schedules & doctor appointments. Pedro didn't. For months, Pam & Judd, and later Sean, were LITERALLY chasing him down across town with meds he deliberately left at home when he KNEW he wouldn't be home in time to take his next dose... or two... or three. He just didn't see it as an important, let alone urgent & imperative, priority.

More than a few have said that Pedro had romantic delusions about "dying for a cause", and saw it as somehow more noble & glamorous than taking meds every 2-3 hours and SURVIVING. He didn't deserve to die, but he didn't try very hard to live until it was too late.

by Anonymousreply 226April 25, 2022 7:17 AM

[quote]THEY carried their meds in fanny packs with ice packs & arranged their days around their never-ending medication schedules & doctor appointments.

Who would want to live like that? Sounds annoying. Who can blame Pedro? Doesn't look fun at all.

by Anonymousreply 227April 25, 2022 8:35 AM

Amazing how far HIV meds/treatments have come nearly 30 years later.

by Anonymousreply 228April 25, 2022 9:59 AM

R226 Unwelcome news flash: people only cared about Pedro because he was pretty.

by Anonymousreply 229April 25, 2022 10:38 AM

I was never into Pedro. I didn’t find him attractive

by Anonymousreply 230April 25, 2022 2:44 PM

Did anyone watch todays new episode? I teared up when they showed Paul. Julie is a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 231April 27, 2022 2:22 PM

Drunk Julie was pathetic and just showed the person she really is underneath—selfish with zero respect for boundaries or other people.

by Anonymousreply 232April 27, 2022 2:52 PM

Julie is looking worse than I’d have thought possible.

by Anonymousreply 233April 27, 2022 4:45 PM

Are we not going to comment on the fact that cunt Julie was wearing LULAROE leggings? What a crazy bitch she is.

by Anonymousreply 234April 27, 2022 4:45 PM

Although I will have to agree with Julie on one thing: it would annoy me too if my roommates were going to bed early every night and, in the case of Kelly and Matt, not joining at the bar. You sign up and get paid for this very short two week thing, you should give yourself over to the process and be game.

by Anonymousreply 235April 27, 2022 4:48 PM

Seeing the recent picture depresses me. Aging sucks.

by Anonymousreply 236April 27, 2022 5:16 PM

R235 why should I be in an environment I’m not comfortable with, especially if I don’t drink? Most sober people don’t like being around a bunch of drunks acting like they’re still 21.

We have many other opportunities to do things within the two weeks.

The NY cast didn’t all do everything together, and the LA cast couldn’t even get two of their original cast mates to do it, on top of Tami refusing to do the event they did.

by Anonymousreply 237April 27, 2022 6:21 PM

That would be fine, R237, if it were real life. But this a two-week reality TV show for which they are being paid. They know that the audience gets more out of it when they are all together, and that that’s what is expected of them. And they know that this experience will pull them out of their comfort zone on occasion (just living with fundie Matt might make Danny uncomfortable). Not saying they have to participate, just saying it would annoy me too if I were making myself game for whatever the two weeks held and others were not fully game.

by Anonymousreply 238April 27, 2022 8:49 PM

Matt and Danny are Beyoncé fans? Love to see it!

by Anonymousreply 239April 27, 2022 10:31 PM

[quote]There are still people alive today who had aids back then, somehow they survived to make it to this day (see the gay guy who told his story on Homecoming Los Angeles). Some lasted, many didn’t.

I had been diagnosed for three years when I watched season three. Pedro taught me so much about grace and courage in dealing with the disease.

by Anonymousreply 240April 27, 2022 10:38 PM

Julie’s apology to Danny would have been lovely for me if I hadn’t seen that she didn’t feel this remorse at all until David spoke to her. She pretty much just mimicked what he said.

by Anonymousreply 241April 27, 2022 10:44 PM

Kelley's coming in hot with the merch. She had Melissa wearing a sweatshirt promoting her book and podcast.

MTV had actually done a special in like 2004 when Paul retired from the military where they showed his face, but there was something about seeing both how scared they both were at the time, and how haunted he still clearly is from the trauma of having to hide that made me cry.

It did make me so happy to see Danny come alive when they were at the drag show.

by Anonymousreply 242April 27, 2022 10:51 PM

Yes, they showed his face with his approval years ago in a special most don’t know exists.

This was poignant because we saw what it was like for them back then and you can tell they were both terrified, and rightfully so. But that’s awfully sad in retrospect.

by Anonymousreply 243April 27, 2022 11:15 PM

PS Paul was a hottie.

by Anonymousreply 244April 27, 2022 11:17 PM

Dammmnn..Jamie is just my type, sadly.

by Anonymousreply 245April 28, 2022 3:51 AM

Can someone post Danny's dick pic?

by Anonymousreply 246April 28, 2022 3:55 AM

R246 :

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247April 28, 2022 4:05 AM

Does anyone here know Paul Dill? Curious to hear his perspective about the breakup

by Anonymousreply 248April 28, 2022 4:05 AM

Paul's coming on the show. I'm sure we'll hear his side of the story in the next week or two.

by Anonymousreply 249April 28, 2022 4:12 AM

R245 Jamie is still hot and he acts really gay

Mu boyfriend walked in while I was watching the first episode of the Homecoming and looked at the TV and said , while looking at Jamie, "Let me guess that's the gay one, I can tell from his voice and hair"

I told him nope

by Anonymousreply 250April 28, 2022 5:08 AM

Danny was so hot. Like dirty hot. Not quite as dirty hot as Brad Pitt in Thelma and Louise, but a version of that. A guy hot enough to have sex with pretty much anyone he wanted, and he did. He wasn't fem in the least. He was a beautiful stud

I know it's the same person on the reunion, but I dont recognize him as the same person. As someone said above, the shape of his nose changed drastically. His voice now has a fem, world weary quality- very different from his sly drawl in the original. His love of life and playfulness are gone. Very sad.

Not picking on Danny. It happens to all of us. I'd been aware of it, and was trying to maintain some of what I had in youth. But, the pandemic, the advent of Trump, and inevitable personal trauma that we all must eventually face, I think have done a number on it. Very said when that light in a person's eyes goes out.

by Anonymousreply 251April 28, 2022 5:54 AM

julie is still a heinous cunt

by Anonymousreply 252April 28, 2022 8:23 AM

Wow, I can't get over how bad Danny looks now- he seems like an old hillbilly. No excuse for him not being educated about HIV back then either, especially being a bottom.

by Anonymousreply 253April 28, 2022 8:39 AM

Again why is nobody talking about how gay Jamie seems on this show?

His voice, manerisms, and especially haircut, I know he's straight but he just seems gay...

by Anonymousreply 254April 28, 2022 9:10 AM

Regarding Danny, a lot of "tough" or "masculine" men, gay or straight, get "soft" when they age. It's just the energy isn't there. For example, when they are married, they no longer try so hard. Of course, being HIV positive and having to deal with that for the rest of your life can change things, too.

by Anonymousreply 255April 28, 2022 9:17 AM

Because Jamie doesn’t seem gay at all. He comes off like a frat bro with little issues in life and who INTENTIONALLY does gay sounding voices and mannerisms, like many straight boys do. He’s pretty care free. You need to start interacting with more people in life.

His “YASSSS QUEEN” was not him being himself, but imitating gay men who say that because they were going to see Drag Queens.

by Anonymousreply 256April 28, 2022 3:19 PM

Because Danny has HIV. He’s walking proof that the medicine may keep you feeling fine and living long but it still affects your appearance with time.

by Anonymousreply 257April 28, 2022 3:20 PM

R251 okay you’re being ridiculous. He had a cute face. His body was normal and for someone who was such a whore, he had no sexual magnetism. He definitely comes off like small country boy who just moved to a big city for the first time in NOLA. And he still has that vibe, like most transplants do.

by Anonymousreply 258April 28, 2022 3:22 PM

Jamie was just having fun. No need to overanalyze it. I don’t really remember him being that attractive on the original show but he does it for me now.

by Anonymousreply 259April 28, 2022 3:31 PM

Danny has a nice dick, thanks to the poster for that.

by Anonymousreply 260April 28, 2022 3:46 PM

Apparently r260 Google doesn’t work

by Anonymousreply 261April 28, 2022 3:50 PM

R256 R254 here, I don't think Jamie is gay at all but he does have stereotypically gay traits, NY boyfriend who doesn't know shit about any of these people thought he was the gay one when he saw him for a few seconds

A majority of my friends are straight broish guys, I was in a frat on college, played high school baseball and am extremely masculine, so I'm told, I've been accused of joking and lying when I tell people I'm gay, it's just weird because nowadays straight guys seem more gay acting than actual gay guys I wouldn't have even jokingly said "Yas Queen" like Jamie did, its just not my type of humor

by Anonymousreply 262April 28, 2022 4:01 PM

[quote] Jacinda from London may be the most successful RW alum in terms of making it in showbiz, and is married to the star of That Lawyer Show With Duchess Meghan ("Suits").

She is now the second most successful in showbiz.

Jamie Chung from the Real World: San Diego long left her in the dust, she sneezes and it gets reported, and she has kids with Bryan Greenberg. She was just in Dexter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263April 28, 2022 4:03 PM

Oh lord. I was a bartender at one of the bars they frequented back then and got to go to the house once during Mardi Gras. Danny was always sketchy. He ended up in a hot tub and (I think) the confessional with one of my friends back then. I seem to recall that ended up in the show.

The reason they didn't go back to the house is that it's owned (and was then) by one of the upper crust members of the gay community. He'd purchased the mansion (which at that point had been carved up into bunch of apartments) with the intention to renovate it and MTV approached him with an offer of some money and to leave it a "blank slate." So he got some cash out of the deal and they did the demo work to allow him to rebuild. It's a now a beautiful home that he spent a fortune on. He'd never allow them to film there again, plus the interior layout is completely different than how the show had it set up. It was, back then, basically 4 exterior walls a bunch of temporary set walls built inside. The walls didn't even go to the ceiling to allow for the lighting grids.

by Anonymousreply 264April 28, 2022 4:16 PM

Jamie Chung is the most successful. And Dave Giuntoli from Road Rules also has a much better career than Jacinda. Tbh I’m not even sure the last time I saw Jacinda in anything.

by Anonymousreply 265April 28, 2022 10:20 PM

Last time I saw Jacinda in anything was that Sissy Spacek show on Netflix a few years ago.

by Anonymousreply 266April 28, 2022 10:22 PM

Danny was very cute when the original show aired but it wasn’t just his looks that made him popular, he had a certain twinkle in his eye and tons of charisma. He seems like a nice guy but he’s definitely lost that spark he had in his youth.

by Anonymousreply 267April 28, 2022 10:25 PM

R267 don’t most people lose that youthful, ignorance is blissful sparkle as they get older and experience life?

by Anonymousreply 268April 28, 2022 10:31 PM

Especially when he talked about going through a lot of traumatic stuff?

by Anonymousreply 269April 28, 2022 10:42 PM

They do. But it’s especially noticeable with Danny given how happy go lucky he was in his youth vs how world weary he seems now.

by Anonymousreply 270April 28, 2022 11:21 PM

POC and LGBT people tend to lose that sparkle in a more sever way than straight white people.

by Anonymousreply 271April 28, 2022 11:26 PM

Severe*

by Anonymousreply 272April 28, 2022 11:26 PM

R270, he has been through a lot, not to mention being married and divorced, having his acting career flop, he's raising a kid, then there was that period where he passed out and woke up in a pool of his own blood and discovered he was positive. Many people lose that spark or rather, I should say, they have a more realistic view of the world than they did in their 20s.

by Anonymousreply 273April 29, 2022 12:19 AM

A few months after filming ended, I had the opportunity to spend a night in New Orleans. The next morning (before I left the city), I drove over to the house.

I was shocked by how bad it looked, and how ghetto the neighborhood seemed.

They LITERALLY treated the house like a movie set. The front, and part of one side, was painted & fixed up. The rest of the house was practically in ruins, and looked like it was a half step away from a date with a wrecking ball. The non-painted side had boarded-up windows.

I didn't really expect the house to be PRISTINE (I'd already heard from a couple of locals at a bar that it was in bad shape... and had been during the filming, too), but I was truly shocked by just how bad its condition was. Seriously, in almost any other city, the house would have been condemned & cited for being a public blight.

From what I later read, they literally stapled drywall over the destroyed interior walls, and fixed up one or two "window walls" that were visible on camera, but most of the exterior walls were left as-is during filming... cracked plaster, holes, peeling paint, mold, and all.

Apparently, it had a fierce problem with roaches, too, to the point where they had to clear out the cast members & crew for a few hours every few days to fog it with bug bombs.

by Anonymousreply 274April 29, 2022 4:29 AM

R274 the cast have never said such things. I’m pretty sure you’re (once again) just making things up.

by Anonymousreply 275April 29, 2022 4:46 AM

[quote]He ended up in a hot tub and (I think) the confessional with one of my friends back then. I seem to recall that ended up in the show.

Was the guy's name Forrest? I had said "Wes" earlier in the thread, but I rewatched the season on Paramount+ and got it sorted. There was a Wes in the group, but Forrest was the one he actually was in the confessional with. Yes

by Anonymousreply 276April 29, 2022 5:20 AM

^ Ignore sentence fragment at the end. I was just going to add, "Yes, it ended up in the show."

by Anonymousreply 277April 29, 2022 5:21 AM

[quote]But this a two-week reality TV show for which they are being paid. They know that the audience gets more out of it when they are all together, and that that’s what is expected of them. And they know that this experience will pull them out of their comfort zone on occasion (just living with fundie Matt might make Danny uncomfortable). Not saying they have to participate, just saying it would annoy me too if I were making myself game for whatever the two weeks held and others were not fully game.

Kelley was finishing her self-help book (something I'm sure she made known to production when she agreed to come), and Matt isn't a drinker and isn't into drag. Matt is not a favorite of mine in this cast, but I respect him on that. If you don't drink and you don't appreciate drag, you're going to have the worst time while a bunch of friends get progressively drunker and watch drag. Kelley would have been up for it in other circumstances, but her mind would have been elsewhere this time.

We'll get a lot of the seven of them together, but they're not always going to be together. There will be scenes of smaller groups. Andre and Kevin in the New York Homecoming went out together at one point, and it was just an Andre/Kevin scene.

BTW, so far, I'm loving this New Orleans Homecoming. I didn't like the NY or the LA one. Julie so far is being just enough of a clashing element to make it more interesting without ruining it.

by Anonymousreply 278April 29, 2022 6:09 AM

I liked the previous two, but this is the best so far because this is one of the better casts the show has had. And they themselves know that lol. NOLA is one of the shows most popular seasons ever, along with Hawaii and the scandalous (at the time) Vegas season.

Vegas is still their highest rated season ever, and had a reunion show for its 5 year anniversary because of how popular that season was.

Plus this cast is younger than the previous two. NY cast was in 1992 and LA was in 1993. Their casts are now all in their 50s while the NOLA cast (2000) are up to a decade younger, which does add a certain relatability if you aren’t 50+.

by Anonymousreply 279April 29, 2022 6:24 AM

The issue with the NY cast is they’re too kumbaya. Even when they don’t get along it’s still pretty kumbaya. The first season was enjoyable and it was nice to catch up with the OG cast, but they were never compelling in retrospect. They were just fortunate to be the first. It got boring by the end.

The issue with the LA cast is they are the opposite, where they just don’t mesh at all. Their personalities have never blended and they’ve always been very mean and volatile to one another. LA was uncomfortable to watch numerous times. I do think it would have been slightly better if Dominick and Aaron did it, but there’s a reason they keep far away.

by Anonymousreply 280April 29, 2022 6:27 AM

Vegas is the one that got me to stop watching regularly. I saw a little bit of each of the next few casts before leaving the show in the past. But then a few years ago I was talking to a somewhat younger friend I hadn't known in 2002, and he was just all about Vegas.

I think a lot depends on your age at the time when you got into it. People had different expectations of what reality TV should provide. My Real World years were really the '90s, although I loved New Orleans and thought Chicago was unexpectedly good. (Back to New York between them was a fizzle.)

I'd like to see a Chicago Homecoming, but the prospects don't look good. Tonya filed that lawsuit against Bunim/Murray and MTV, alleging she was sexually assaulted on the Challenge. Even if everyone said bygones on that, she probably knows she'd be the Becky of the Chicago cast. I can imagine them replaying the incident where she threw a glass at Theo and said something like "I'm not going to be threatened by some Black guy."

by Anonymousreply 281April 29, 2022 8:26 AM

Yeah , Back to NY was surprisingly dull. The highlight was crazy Jisela showing up to after getting kicked off of Road Rules and clearly looking to extend her 15 minutes by pretending to be into Malik.

by Anonymousreply 282April 29, 2022 12:58 PM

Miz the wrestler has been pretty successful, too.

by Anonymousreply 283April 29, 2022 1:58 PM

R281 100% it has to do with your age. I was 15/16 when Vegas came out and it was my favorite season ever (and still is). It was the everything that every cast that came after them tried to be but couldn’t live up to.

But many people I know who are older than me and watched the show in the 90s hated the Vegas season. Actually, from what I’ve heard some of the casts that came before Vegas (season 12) didn’t like it either and found it to make RW from “real and raw” to “trashy”. I know for a fact that Danny Roberts hates the Vegas season and feels that’s when the show went from casting 7 different people from different backgrounds and making them live together as a social experiment to casting 7 attractive people to live together and watch them fight and fuck.

by Anonymousreply 284April 29, 2022 2:11 PM

R281 Tonya will never be able to do another MTV series. She would be uninsurable due to that big lawsuit.

by Anonymousreply 285April 29, 2022 2:12 PM

There are a few people from The Challenge who will never come back due to being uninsurable. Tonya, Kenny, Evan, and Camilla are no longer welcome back to any MTV related shows for that reason.

by Anonymousreply 286April 29, 2022 2:16 PM

[quote]Actually, from what I’ve heard some of the casts that came before Vegas (season 12) didn’t like it either and found it to make RW from “real and raw” to “trashy”. I know for a fact that Danny Roberts hates the Vegas season and feels that’s when the show went from casting 7 different people from different backgrounds and making them live together as a social experiment to casting 7 attractive people to live together and watch them fight and fuck.

Pam Ling-Winick from the San Francisco cast feels that way about the MIAMI season, which was a couple seasons after hers. I read an interview once in which she said she tried to watch it, and she couldn't believe the cast was getting in knock-down, drag-out, screaming fights so soon after moving in. She said Miami was the point when The Real World entered what she called its "Fat Elvis" period. I doubt she ever saw Hawaii or Las Vegas.

by Anonymousreply 287April 29, 2022 2:18 PM

What separates Vegas from Hawaii or Miami is the cast. Also, Miami and Hawaii did not change the entire landscape of RW for years the way Vegas did.

Vegas is the one cast where no LGBT was cast on purpose. And the season where all 7 were very hot, and 21+. Miami and Hawaii had some normal looking people in the mix, while Vegas was all very hot.

by Anonymousreply 288April 29, 2022 2:36 PM

Vegas was a transition season that worked. MTV wanted to change RW up a bit and used that season to do it and it worked.

Miami was their first transition, when they changed things like now the cast didn’t work their own real jobs while filming and they had to do a job provided to them by the show. You also can’t get fired. Also, no more TV or radio etc.

Vegas was the transition period of making the show about social/class/race/ sexual orientation etc. and about young hot people and their hormones raging and partying 24/7.

by Anonymousreply 289April 29, 2022 2:45 PM

Was CHANGING it from being a show about social/race/sexual orientation/class issues to it being a show about young hot people and their hormones raging and partying 24/7.

by Anonymousreply 290April 29, 2022 2:47 PM

[quote] You also can’t get fired.

Montana got dismissed from their assignment in Boston for letting a kid drink her wine.

Idiot.

by Anonymousreply 291April 30, 2022 1:04 PM

Ok. Julie is ridiculous. She’s lucky it wasn’t me, I would have left her ass.

by Anonymousreply 292May 1, 2022 11:39 PM

Ugh, that shit with Julie in the bar brought back memories of being out at the bar and having belligerent drunk friends who didn’t want to leave. I do NOT miss those days. Unlike the RW folks, I did leave one or two people at the bar.

by Anonymousreply 293May 2, 2022 2:51 AM

Danny revealed in an interview this week that that entire bar was "cast" and COVID-tested in advance (hence the lack of masks), and the proprietors knew exactly when the Real World cast was coming. I'm trying to place Julie's shenanigans in that context. She still got messed up enough that the staff was telling them she had to go? And, Julie knew she was essentially playing a scene, and she couldn't hold it together any better than that? It's a little fishy.

At one point she says "You go! I stay!" She sounds like she's in a Tarzan movie.

by Anonymousreply 294May 2, 2022 2:56 AM

Julie is still a dumb cunt. Nothing new.

by Anonymousreply 295May 2, 2022 3:15 AM

I don't have P+ so I can't watch it but I only want to know if David's nose is real?

Nose job or a coke cover nose? Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 296May 2, 2022 3:18 AM

R294 you must not know how it works to be allowed to film in a place like that. They have to clear it with the establishment and sign legal papers etc before they can film there. They can’t just walk into it and film randomly. And you have to have clearance and signatures from each person in there to be able to show their faces.

So yes, they filled the place before they were there.

But it wasn’t “staged”.

by Anonymousreply 297May 2, 2022 9:20 AM

R297 That's the very definition of "staged."

by Anonymousreply 298May 2, 2022 1:18 PM

You’re making it sound like any interactions made were scripted. That’s not the case. They have to have clearance before filming there. They can’t just show up and start filming.

by Anonymousreply 299May 2, 2022 3:29 PM

Next episode should be good with Danny and Paul reuniting. A poster said that Paul had cheated on a mutual friend, a fireman named Jason. What Danny says in this preview does suggest that Paul cheated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300May 4, 2022 9:26 AM

R300 Paul looks like Robin Williams in The Birdcage

by Anonymousreply 301May 4, 2022 1:57 PM

[quote]Paul looks like Robin Williams in The Birdcage

A complete transformation from 20 years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302May 4, 2022 2:16 PM

Paul was VERY cute back then. Very!

by Anonymousreply 303May 4, 2022 2:23 PM

That lil patch of hair underneath Danny's bottom lip used to drive me crazy.

by Anonymousreply 304May 4, 2022 2:36 PM

But Danny cheated many times, and once even ON THE SHOW

by Anonymousreply 305May 4, 2022 3:13 PM

It didn’t sound like Danny was saying him and Paul ended things because Paul cheated, but he was saying that it ended badly AND THEN Paul started dating their mutual best friend behind his back.

by Anonymousreply 306May 4, 2022 3:22 PM

I love how Tokyo has evolved. He's a doll for taking care of Julie like he did. I would've totally been aww-hell-no-ing like Melissa.

by Anonymousreply 307May 4, 2022 8:28 PM

Tokyo was great and meant well, but I also agree that if Julie wants to fall flat on her face, just let her. Stop trying to stop it from happening.

During their conversation she is telling him to just let her fall apart etc. if she is. He is refusing. He means well but I say, if she is saying don’t help me, just don’t help her. I would be like ok. Say no more.

by Anonymousreply 308May 4, 2022 8:33 PM

Julie is full of shit. If no one had helped her then she’d have been crying her white girl tears the next day about how none of the mean, mean housemates had looked out for her. Also, David *did* let go of Julie when she said she didn’t want to be touched. Before that, though, she was just drunkenly carrying on about not wanting to leave despite being kicked out. Her call about “taking one for the team” also revealed how pathological she is. She will literally come up with any excuse to justify her disgusting behavior and has zero regard for other people.

by Anonymousreply 309May 4, 2022 9:30 PM

What is going on with Tokyo's nose? Nose job or something else?

by Anonymousreply 310May 4, 2022 9:47 PM

Nothing going on with his nose….

by Anonymousreply 311May 4, 2022 9:48 PM

Julie is still acts like a cunty tween.

by Anonymousreply 312May 4, 2022 9:49 PM

I can’t deny, I laughed when she RAN AWAY like a psycho to run back up the stairs to the bar the minute her roommates backs were to her.

And then lowkey hot mess Danny followed! “Me and Julie are going back inside!” Only for the exec producer to say no.

by Anonymousreply 313May 4, 2022 9:51 PM

[quote]If no one had helped her then she’d have been crying her white girl tears the next day about how none of the mean, mean housemates had looked out for her.

Of course. As she told her husband, she's trying to "make good TV." Nothing she says or does is authentic.

by Anonymousreply 314May 4, 2022 9:53 PM

She’s a clout chaser but the other housemates are forcing her to remain real and humble. She can try to make good tv all day but her roommates have no problem taking her down a notch.

by Anonymousreply 315May 4, 2022 10:03 PM

Tokyo isn’t watching the show to protect his peace and mind.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316May 5, 2022 1:08 AM

For anyone who knew Danny and Paul in Seattle, is this the mutual friend (Jason/fire fighter)?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317May 5, 2022 2:09 AM

Please let the next episode have Julie falling into the swamp and into the belly of an alligator.

by Anonymousreply 318May 5, 2022 4:01 AM

Julie is a stupid, ugly bitch. Just contemptable. A literal waste of a life.

by Anonymousreply 319May 5, 2022 8:11 AM

NYTimes profiles Danny.

He’s apparently dating a farmer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320May 5, 2022 11:47 AM

R320 he is.

by Anonymousreply 321May 5, 2022 12:23 PM

I like Melissa but I’m not interested in hearing an eight week lecture on white privilege. It seems like that’s gonna be her angle for the rest of the season.

I hate the uptight Christian closet case. I can barely remember him from the original run.

by Anonymousreply 322May 5, 2022 8:57 PM

He isn’t a closet case. He is respectful and himself.

by Anonymousreply 323May 5, 2022 8:59 PM

I imagine Julie going back home to her McMansion (someone mentioned her husband is a neurosurgeon) where she gets to bask in the short-lived attention of her shallow little circle of house frau wives she calls friends. They all talk shit about each other, and they'll talk about Julie being drunk and pathetic, but for now, Julie gets the spotlight.

She invites them over, they drink some red wine, she gets to act like she's queen bee and give all her "girlfriends" the inside scoop of what "really went down." They then all go back home to their own McMansions, their loveless dull marriages, and console themselves with Percocet, Celexa, and Xanax.

Julie should be on many of these drugs but she thinks they're beneath her.

by Anonymousreply 324May 5, 2022 10:48 PM

Mr. Julie is an ophthalmologist rather than a neurosurgeon. It came up during one of the episodes of this season. She was trying to break the ice with Melissa by hooking her up with complimentary designer frames.

The thing about Julie (well, one of many "things" about Julie) is that she has this dated idea of "good TV." I doubt many people tuned in to Homecoming expecting to see the atmosphere of The Challenge minus competitions. Since she's the only one going for sensationalism, asking Tokyo to shower with her, intentionally getting Ruthie-level drunk at the bar, "flirting" with male cast members who are married with kids as she is, she just looks weird and out of place.

by Anonymousreply 325May 5, 2022 11:36 PM

Didn't Julie try to kill a castmate on one of those challenge shows? She tried to cut a wire or something?

by Anonymousreply 326May 5, 2022 11:39 PM

It’s a good thing Tokyo didn’t go for her stupid shower ploy. There’s no telling how she would have turned that against him if he had.

by Anonymousreply 327May 5, 2022 11:40 PM

Danny has the farmer on his IG (untagged):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328May 5, 2022 11:46 PM

R328 when you look at his eyes, it is sad seeing that his characteristic twinkle is gone now.

by Anonymousreply 329May 6, 2022 1:25 AM

Julie looks so thin and with a sunken face, she looks like she has an eating disorder.

by Anonymousreply 330May 6, 2022 1:26 AM

Julie’s back bruises and scratches were so obviously from her going splat on the concrete when she toppled out of the SUV… why wasn’t this immediately brought up when she started blaming David? It was filmed. Cast mates were there… this should’ve been a nonstarter. Ample drama would still be generated by the mere accusation… I just don’t understand why people weren’t more in her face.

by Anonymousreply 331May 6, 2022 1:41 AM

R262 I can see why someone would think Jamie is the gay one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332May 6, 2022 8:02 AM

R332 you keep saying it. Just move on. He isn’t. Get over it.

by Anonymousreply 333May 6, 2022 9:17 AM

Jamie is a Ayn Rand cult member? Oh that's just fucking great! Sheeeesh! The most selfish people on the planet are objectivists!

by Anonymousreply 334May 6, 2022 12:29 PM

I’ve been listening to some podcast interviews with both Melissa and Danny. While Melissa is my favorite and makes for enjoyable TV, I’m learning that a little bit goes a long way for me. Her way of speaking is fun and frank on the show, but in longer interviews it gets a little grating. Feels performative at times.

As for Danny: He doesn’t seem that smart. He’s really into therapy and talks a lot of psychobabble. And he’s very into hallucinogenic mushrooms, apparently, and is hoping to convert his VT property into a place for others into mushrooms.

by Anonymousreply 335May 6, 2022 12:49 PM

So everyone likes David now?

by Anonymousreply 336May 6, 2022 1:00 PM

His name is Tokyo, and yes.

by Anonymousreply 337May 6, 2022 1:19 PM

David is great now. I like him.

by Anonymousreply 338May 6, 2022 1:30 PM

Tokyo seems a bit femme-y. Has he come out?

by Anonymousreply 339May 6, 2022 1:51 PM

Being feminine isn’t being gay.

by Anonymousreply 340May 6, 2022 2:12 PM

[quote]I love how Tokyo has evolved. He's a doll for taking care of Julie like he did. I would've totally been aww-hell-no-ing like Melissa.

I guess I'm the only one not buying this guy. I HATED him on the original show (why'd the even cast such a Debbie Downer??) and he just seems phony to me in this reunion show. From his silly tryhard outfits to his name change (massive violent eye roll) to his completely new way of speaking and acting. He strikes me as a person who has no idea who he truly is so he has to try on all of these different personas. Even him helping Julie that night felt to me like it was done all for the cameras. It's easy to "evolve" when you've only got to keep up the "I'm Mr. Nice Guy now!" charade for two weeks. Sorry, I'm just not buying what he's selling. He makes me roll my eyes.

by Anonymousreply 341May 6, 2022 7:55 PM

R324 I love your imagination! And I suspect you're spot-on. Have a gander at Julie's useless website which appears to have no other point other than to humblebrag:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342May 6, 2022 8:01 PM

[quote]Jamie is a Ayn Rand cult member? Oh that's just fucking great! Sheeeesh! The most selfish people on the planet are objectivists!

That's his bio from the original season. I don't know whether he's still into Ayn Rand. She has always had a lot of young followers who grew out of it. But that also came up in one of the 2000 shows. There was an episode in which he commented a bit smugly that he got everyone in the cast gifts that they "could benefit from," and his choice for Danny was Atlas Shrugged.

I don't perceived Tokyo as fake. The outfits are weird, and he does express himself differently (much more intelligently) and has different interests now, like cooking and writing, but it's been 20 years since his season. It isn't implausible for me that he grew out of that "playa" phase and realized that music stardom wasn't in the cards.

by Anonymousreply 343May 7, 2022 7:42 PM

What was Julie thinking when she got trashed and threw up all over the garbage can and the floor? That he would be great TV? That it was so important that she had to "take one for the team", because, hey!, the others sucked at doing entertaining TV?

If she really thought about it, she would understand that the Homecoming spin has not been designed to lure brainless teens and early 20s, but instead to draw those who had watched the original show and these people are now in their 30s, 40s, 50s. And as entertaining as it is to be 20 and watch someone of the same age getting plastered on TV, being 40 and watching a 42 yo woman getting trash is anything but.

The only words that would come to mind to describe her nowadays is "arrested development".

by Anonymousreply 344May 7, 2022 8:23 PM

Julie is a childish adult. I'll bet Disney anything is her favorite thing in the world!

by Anonymousreply 345May 7, 2022 8:28 PM

Even when I was 21 I never found it entertaining to watch people get trashed on TV. It's why I stopped watching RW after about this season. What's fun or entertaining about drunk people?? I don't like them in real life, either.

by Anonymousreply 346May 7, 2022 8:30 PM

R345 Since she's been married with kids for quite a while, I wonder what kind of guy exactly is attracted to someone so neurotic?

by Anonymousreply 347May 7, 2022 9:16 PM

I'm watching the OG RW NO right now and Julie's dad was creepy AF! Dude would just STARE and never blink! Even Julie seemed creeped out by him. And I love how frau-ish all the moms were who visited the house. Danny and Julie's moms were both total fraus.

by Anonymousreply 348May 7, 2022 10:13 PM

I did not expect this- (just starting episode 1) but this may be the best one yet!?

I am 44 and In think my age may just line up with this one better..

Julie is about to walk into the house! The cunt!

So far I love Scott Wolf's wife and Jamie the most!

by Anonymousreply 349May 7, 2022 10:48 PM

And Jamie is still HOT!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 350May 7, 2022 10:50 PM

Interesting as well- on episode 2- I am realizing I like David "Tokyo" very much.

I despised him 20 years ago!

by Anonymousreply 351May 7, 2022 11:38 PM

Jamie is even hotter now,

Not expecting this. he looked fat as fuck in the photos!

by Anonymousreply 352May 7, 2022 11:42 PM

cannot get over the fact this THIS franchise feels fresher and better than the last 2.

Its been great. End of episode 2 and I need to catch up..

by Anonymousreply 353May 8, 2022 12:40 AM

They’re younger than the previous two. Their season was 2000. NY was 1992 and LA 1993

by Anonymousreply 354May 8, 2022 12:58 AM

R354 - I guess at 44, this resonates more than the others.

I was very teary at the Danny/Paul parts of episode 2. I did not expect to get so moved,,,I was thinking of EVERYONE in my life from 2000. Nothing gay related either. I had a lot of angels in my life at this time. And it made me realize how blessed I truly was...

I was 23-24 when this all aired and I am seeing that it was an extremely impactful time for me..

I did not even join this insane place until late 2021.

by Anonymousreply 355May 8, 2022 1:03 AM

Fun Fact, Danny didn’t wanna see Paul at all and wants nothing to do with him, that was all Production that set up Paul to come and made Danny show interest in seeing him since they planned this.

In episode 3 he didn’t really text Paul like they made it seem he did. And if you watch, there is no enthusiasm or care when Danny sees Paul. He looks like he’d rather be anywhere else.

He also didn’t wanna drag Paul back into this drama all these years later, but being that a lot of his storyline on the OG show was Paul, they wanted that story to crossover here.

by Anonymousreply 356May 8, 2022 1:23 AM

You could tell production arranged all that mess. Who wants "closure" 15 years later?? Nobody. And I love the way Paul texted back "I can be there tomorrow!" Lol like who can just drop their life and be in another city the next day for some stupid shit?

by Anonymousreply 357May 8, 2022 1:33 AM

Also, when they make it look as if Kelley is saying "Reach out to him. Talk to him" to Danny about Paul, she isn't saying that in the scene. The audio is different from the rest of their conversation. Either they asked her to say it for story purposes or she had said it in an interview, and they inserted it in a spot where her back is turned.

Yeah, the whole Paul thing was obviously producer-contrived. He wasn't hopping on an overnight flight from Seattle to be in New Orleans.

by Anonymousreply 358May 8, 2022 8:08 AM

What was that look/vibe that Paul was sporting?

by Anonymousreply 359May 8, 2022 8:23 AM

R359 Danny described it as "pimp" but someone else upthread described it more as "the birdcage." I agree with the latter just unsure why Paul was channeling Robin Williams.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360May 8, 2022 9:13 AM

Jamie is turning into Bruce Campbell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361May 8, 2022 9:17 AM

Watching the old 2000 shows with more life experience, I react to things differently. That Paul/Danny relationship was so new. They'd only started up a few weeks before Danny went to New Orleans. In their phone calls and on Paul's visits, they were really building it up. There wasn't social media, but you know if there had been, and there was no need to keep Paul's face obscured, they'd have been one of those new couples who go OTT all over social media and then flame out. Danny was 22 and newly out in 1999-2000, Paul was how old, 30?

by Anonymousreply 362May 8, 2022 9:26 AM

Damn, I want to fuck Jamie.

by Anonymousreply 363May 8, 2022 4:15 PM

R363 so does Julie

by Anonymousreply 364May 9, 2022 10:37 PM

Not watching this, but just dropping by to say that I hate Mulie, err Julie. One of the craziest and fakest cast members ever and always with her big teeth hanging out playing for the camera.

by Anonymousreply 365May 9, 2022 10:48 PM

Does anyone know the cast members salary for this? Did Mrs. Wolfe agree so Danny could make some money?

by Anonymousreply 366May 10, 2022 6:39 AM

Leave Danny alone!

by Anonymousreply 367May 10, 2022 7:24 AM

Why is no one on here talking about Matt? He looks bizarrely the same for having very fair white skin. His clothing on the original was the epitome of late 90s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368May 10, 2022 7:39 AM

Matt was and still is a latent homosexical.

by Anonymousreply 369May 10, 2022 7:41 AM

Matt lives a very clean life and doesn’t seem to have a stressful life. That helps the aging process. But genetics are the #1 factor.

by Anonymousreply 370May 10, 2022 3:37 PM

R366 seasons 1 and 2 were $100k. NOLA was around the same but I heard they negotiated a little bit more.

by Anonymousreply 371May 10, 2022 3:38 PM

Julie is a major sociopath. I love Tokyo. What kind of man would marry Julie? She is frightening

by Anonymousreply 372May 11, 2022 7:17 AM

Uh oh I think Julie and Jamie do end up hooking up again according to tvf previews. Why Jamie why!?

by Anonymousreply 373May 11, 2022 8:43 AM

what What WHAT!? Julie's married with children! Trollop!

by Anonymousreply 374May 11, 2022 9:43 AM

That's not Jamie in the hot tub. Likely her husband Spencer

by Anonymousreply 375May 11, 2022 10:14 AM

Julie's husband

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376May 11, 2022 10:23 AM

The guy in the hot tub isn’t gray hired and is very thin. Clearly not Jamie

by Anonymousreply 377May 11, 2022 1:24 PM

Clearly not Jamie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378May 11, 2022 6:54 PM

Why would Jamie cheat on his wife with Julie? He seems to hate her as much as everyone else. He’s just more lenient.

by Anonymousreply 379May 11, 2022 6:57 PM

danny aged better than the whore that cheated on him

Melissa stays queen

julie remains a hot mess but we thank her for it

by Anonymousreply 380May 11, 2022 6:57 PM

Good on Mellissa for apologizing; she was acting a little "tangy" during the race talk. I'd be real-life friends with her so damn fast.

It was great watching them all enjoying each other in the second half of the episode. And Mercy's food looked GOOD.

by Anonymousreply 381May 11, 2022 8:30 PM

Melissa posted about the racism talk and shows love and appreciation to Jamie while also making it very clear she is not a fan of Julie and meant what she said to her.

Part 1

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382May 11, 2022 8:44 PM

Part 2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383May 11, 2022 8:44 PM

Part 3

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384May 11, 2022 8:45 PM

Part 4

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385May 11, 2022 8:45 PM

I remember Melissa really cracking me up as a kid when they called On-Star. Julie trying hard to be "cool and funny" was lame though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386May 11, 2022 8:50 PM

Useless fact: I still remember after their original season aired, Julie and Kelley were both selling their used clothes on eBay as if they were hot commodities.

by Anonymousreply 387May 11, 2022 9:34 PM

Shockingly, I found myself defending Julie and getting a little annoyed with Melissa. Mainly because while Melissa is very funny, she is one of the most performative RW cast members of all time. She admits that she studied the show and loves reality TV in general, and she often talks in reality TV phrasing. She shouldn’t be casting stones at others making TV.

by Anonymousreply 388May 11, 2022 9:40 PM

Melissa is herself. Period. What you see is what you get. She’s not trying to make great tv here.

by Anonymousreply 389May 11, 2022 10:03 PM

Disagree, R389. She’s great but she’s savvy. She knows what she is doing.

by Anonymousreply 390May 11, 2022 10:07 PM

She’s been hiding away for 20 years. She didn’t even have social media until recent. R390 please. Spare me. She’s a very intelligent woman who speaks her mind.

by Anonymousreply 391May 11, 2022 10:09 PM

Before filming this the only person Melissa kept in touch with from the show was Jamie, and vice versa. Post filming they all keep in touch with her and Danny/Kelley have brought her into their friendship. It’s the 3 of them all the time now.

Not one of the cast mates wants anything to do with Julie, and even avoid mentioning her name when speaking about her.

There’s a reason for that. And it’s not putting on a show.

Like Melissa said, we only see the edited version. Those chats we see a few minutes of actually go on for hours.

by Anonymousreply 392May 11, 2022 10:29 PM

I agree Melissa is intelligent and fun and clearly the one I’d most like to hang out with. I also think she is a student of reality TV (she has said so herself) who likes to speak on TV-friendly quips. For instance, she has replied a couple of time with, “here’s what we’re not gonna do,” a line I’ve never heard an actual human say in the course of conversation, but that I’ve heard Gizelle Bryant say many times on Potomac housewives. It’s not a knock against her, really. If I were on a reality TV show, I’d likely be a heightened version of myself as well, even if subconsciously.

by Anonymousreply 393May 11, 2022 11:55 PM

R393 oh please. That’s how she speaks. She’s always spoken like this. We are seeing clips of her speaking about white privilege etc. back in 2000 when that wasn’t a speaking point until 20 years later. She has always been ahead of the game.

She’s not a student of reality tv. She loved RW and stopped watching after she was on it. None of them watched the seasons after theirs but being in that world you know everything regardless of watching it.

by Anonymousreply 394May 12, 2022 12:24 AM

Didn’t realize we have a very sensitive Melissa expert on this forum.

by Anonymousreply 395May 12, 2022 12:38 AM

[quote]danny aged better than the whore that cheated on him

Yeah, but we're seeing Danny at 44 and Paul at 52. There's always been an age gap there.

I don't think he looks bad for his age. He's just making some weird choices.

by Anonymousreply 396May 12, 2022 5:32 AM

I know everyone ages and he's been thru some shit, but damn he used to be such a twink.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397May 12, 2022 5:36 AM

He's such a daddy now. Do twinks usually turn into daddies?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 398May 12, 2022 5:38 AM

Danny was a cheating whore as well. On the show, even.

by Anonymousreply 399May 12, 2022 5:41 AM

All kittens turn into cats.

by Anonymousreply 400May 12, 2022 5:42 AM

R394 but Melissa is also half Asian (Filipino) the most privileged group of all

Very few go to jail, very few are homeless, very few die in crime related deaths, very few are drug addicts, compared to whites, blacks or Latinos

When was the last time you came across a homeless Asian person?

At this point, Asians pretty much are the smartest "master" race, so her "white privilege" sermons are pointless

by Anonymousreply 401May 12, 2022 6:03 AM

Listening them blab on and on about race non-stop is not my idea of entertainment. Sorry. Then right as it seemed they'd gotten it all out on the table and out of their systems, the show producers sent a stupid video message to their TV goading them into talking about race AGAIN. Stop it, already! JFC

by Anonymousreply 402May 12, 2022 6:08 AM

This show sucks.

by Anonymousreply 403May 12, 2022 7:41 AM

The race conversations here don’t bother me because they feel organic and logical given what’s happening in the house. And everything Melissa says is generally pretty astute. If you want to see a show where race was unnecessarily shoehorned into every conversation and hijacked the show, watch the last season of RHONY. Or, actually, do yourself a favor and don’t.

by Anonymousreply 404May 12, 2022 1:55 PM

This is Homecoming. The target audience for this show is people in their 30s+, who watched the original seasons as they aired. This is a mature show for adults. If you wanna see trashy tv r402, watch the Housewives or Jersey Shore. I love this show.

by Anonymousreply 405May 12, 2022 3:24 PM

R394

oh shit up white faggot

by Anonymousreply 406May 12, 2022 11:34 PM

shut*

but shit works too

by Anonymousreply 407May 12, 2022 11:34 PM

[quote]This is Homecoming. The target audience for this show is people in their 30s+, who watched the original seasons as they aired. This is a mature show for adults. If you wanna see trashy tv [R402], watch the Housewives or Jersey Shore. I love this show.

R402 here...I am the target audience. I was in college when the original season aired. I wasn't looking for trashy TV (there is nothing more embarrassing than a bunch of grown-ass adults acting like feral animals). But I do want to be ENTERTAINED, and constant--connnnnnstant--convos about race are simply not entertainment. They could've devoted one episode to the topic, squashed it and moved on, but no--it's been dragged on and on and on since episode one. It looks like they may have *finally* squashed the topic at the end of this most recent episode so fingers crossed! Too much of anything becomes fatiguing.

by Anonymousreply 408May 12, 2022 11:48 PM

R408 because the cast keeps speaking about it because it’s a recurring theme with them. And a hot topic in the world right now.

by Anonymousreply 409May 12, 2022 11:49 PM

R408 did you not watch the previous two seasons? This is real real world again. And those casts discussed race more than once also.

by Anonymousreply 410May 12, 2022 11:50 PM

I did not watch the previous two Homecoming seasons, no. I was never a fan of those original casts so I have no interest in what they're up to these days. It just seems like there are a million and one different shows on the topic of race right now...sometimes we need an ESCAPE from it all! Evidently TRWH is not that escape. At least it looks like Matt's gonna pipe up soon and get the homophobia conversation started! Go Matt.

by Anonymousreply 411May 12, 2022 11:54 PM

It's been better than the NY or the LA one, despite Julie "Is Everyone Talking About Me?" Stoffer. I didn't like her when she was 20, and the years haven't made her less annoying. Quite the opposite.

Is Kelley in recovery? Maybe she had another reason for not wanting to go to that bar? I was trying to make sense of those previews for the rest of the reason. She's talking about her eyes being dilated and her hands shaking, then Julie is talking to Tokyo and Danny about how she (Julie) feels responsible for something. Tokyo tells her whatever it is is not her fault, and Danny says "Maybe this isn't as much of a metamorphosis as you think it is." The way it's sequenced makes me think Julie encourages Kelley to get drunk with her, with bad results, but I'm probably way off. These are Real World previews, after all.

by Anonymousreply 412May 13, 2022 12:01 AM

I noticed Kelly didn't go on the boat trip. Why is she being paid to write her book? Nice, but she's boring

by Anonymousreply 413May 13, 2022 12:08 AM

R411 sounds like you need to stop watching reality tv and stick to scripted series if you need an “escape” from reality….

by Anonymousreply 414May 13, 2022 12:15 AM

Kelley didn’t even wanna do the show. The only way they’ll do the show is if they can get 7 cast members. That means if a season had no replacements, all 7 original cast mates have to agree.

Kelley was the last person to agree and she only did it for Danny. Otherwise this wouldn’t be here right now.

She had deadlines she had to meet for her book and filming wasn’t a good time. She wasn’t gonna do it but she did for Danny but she still had to meet her deadlines and get the work done. Real life doesn’t stop simply because they’re filming, especially if your job is writing etc.

by Anonymousreply 415May 13, 2022 12:18 AM

Kelley is beautiful but she looks like her husband's twin which kind of creeps me out. They just look like siblings to me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416May 13, 2022 12:26 AM

They say after a certain amount of time with each other a husband and wife begin to look alike.

by Anonymousreply 417May 13, 2022 12:27 AM

Is the public dying for a Kelly Wolfe book?

by Anonymousreply 418May 13, 2022 12:42 AM

She's the next Oprah, R418!

by Anonymousreply 419May 13, 2022 12:44 AM

Kelley has an enthusiastic following on her social media, and it doesn't seem to be so much about Real World. People leave comments that they're watching or "trying to watch" Homecoming, and it's obvious they aren't so up on the other cast members; they're watching to see her. I don't really know the ins and outs of life coaching and how it intersects with social media, how someone builds up a following (I guess being married to a fairly well-known actor is a leg up), but her book will probably find its audience.

by Anonymousreply 420May 13, 2022 12:52 AM

She’s said that about 80% of her followers aren’t there because of RW and many of them never even watched her on it. Some didn’t even know she was once on a reality tv show and just learned about it because of Homecoming and her promoting it.

by Anonymousreply 421May 13, 2022 1:03 AM

Julie is not my friend, but she IS a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 422May 13, 2022 1:04 AM

Kelly has a whopping 27k followers on Instagram. That's nothing. Alison Martino has 50k more, and can't monetize her site.

by Anonymousreply 423May 13, 2022 1:34 AM

Sad for Martino. But monetizing has nothing to do with followers as much as engagement. Kelly has high engagements.

by Anonymousreply 424May 13, 2022 1:36 AM

Well fortunately for Alison, her dad left her a bundle.

by Anonymousreply 425May 13, 2022 1:38 AM

Who gives a fuck if no one is waiting for a Kelley book? It’s her passion and she was working on it since long before filming. She isn’t going to miss her deadlines because of filming. She made the commitment to the book before the show.

Jesus. Not everything is about money. Her husband is working. She’s fortunate where she can work her passion job.

by Anonymousreply 426May 13, 2022 1:38 AM

The cunt is double- dipping then. Laying on her ass at the computer- while collecting a RW check too.

by Anonymousreply 427May 13, 2022 1:41 AM

And producers knew that beforehand and were ok with it. She just had to be present for discussions. The extra stuff isn’t mandatory.

by Anonymousreply 428May 13, 2022 1:44 AM

What R428 said. They wanted all seven. If Kelley said, "I'll do it, but I'll be writing my book a lot of the time," and production okayed that, everyone wins. Kelley makes her deadline, gets to support Danny and see the rest of the gang. Paramount+ and Bunim-Murray get their show. Fans of RWNO get a series with plenty of Julie conflict, Melissa bons mots, and Danny poignancy to make up for Kelley being in and out.

Otherwise, we'd have skipped to some other cast with all seven on board, and those are proving hard to secure. It probably would have been something like Austin from the series' past-prime years.

Also, it's not as though Jamie and Matt have added very much so far either.

by Anonymousreply 429May 13, 2022 1:57 AM

R429 I agree but Matt adds the religious element and very clean commentary. We see him and Danny are going to have a bit of a mild confrontation about Danny being gay, again.

Jamie truly adds nothing but he’s also likable and chatty and loud.

by Anonymousreply 430May 13, 2022 2:00 AM

I wonder how transparent they are with pay among cast members. I can see Julie trying to sneakily find out. She would want to be paid the most because she THINKS she makes good reality TV and is the reason people tune-in.

by Anonymousreply 431May 13, 2022 2:07 AM

They’re told upfront and all of them make the same amount. r431

The only difference with this season from the previous two is that in the contracts it said they had to stay until the end or they don’t get paid the full amount. They learned their lesson with Becky in NY and David in LA.

Also, this cast supposedly negotiated and made a little more than the previous two, which were paid $100k to film. This cast also had more say in what discussions would be had. The previous two casts were blindsided at times by what discussions would pop up on the screen to discuss, this cast not as much, which is part of why Julie was upset and said they don’t wanna have any controversial discussions etc. while on the phone with her husband. That’s because the rest of the cast only agreed to do it if they have say in what discussions would be had.

Not that Producers 100% obliged. They forced Danny to make it seem like he wanted to see Paul because they set up Paul coming to visit before filming started. They knew the fans would love to see them reunite.

by Anonymousreply 432May 13, 2022 2:16 AM

Also, September makes 20 years since RW Las Vegas debuted. That is still the franchises most successful season and highest rated ever. Rumor has it they will be the next Homecoming (which would be their second reunion show).

by Anonymousreply 433May 13, 2022 2:20 AM

Fortunately, there are only 6 episodes.

by Anonymousreply 434May 13, 2022 2:21 AM

8. R434

by Anonymousreply 435May 13, 2022 2:22 AM

I just barely got through the original Vegas season the first time around, and never saw their other reunion season. Hard pass on catching up with them in the 2020s.

by Anonymousreply 436May 13, 2022 2:22 AM

The OG Vegas season is the best. It’s fun and trashy. Every cast member that season was up front and center. No person who falls into the background like most other casts have. Well Brynn was that person after a while. She was very present the first half of the season and then you barely see her the second half.

Trishelle was the star.

by Anonymousreply 437May 13, 2022 2:26 AM

Steven from Vegas is still pretty damn cute. He looks the same but older. 40s looks good on him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438May 13, 2022 2:34 AM

R438 I'm guessing all those SOLD! posts in his insta are his sales? A bit tacky.

by Anonymousreply 439May 13, 2022 2:41 AM

It’s common for Real Estate agents to post a lot about that shit.

by Anonymousreply 440May 13, 2022 2:43 AM

There's no way he made that many back-to-back sales. Probably sales from his agency. And those prices for those tiny little shit-shacks make me LOL. Man, this is gonna be a hell of a crash.

by Anonymousreply 441May 13, 2022 2:45 AM

It’s California. Little shit shacks are expensive there.

by Anonymousreply 442May 13, 2022 2:47 AM

A million dollars for a house with bars on the windows? Have at it.

by Anonymousreply 443May 13, 2022 2:48 AM

R443 has never been to LA

by Anonymousreply 444May 13, 2022 2:53 AM

I've been to LA many times. I lived in SoCal for years. Still doesn't make it any less laughable.

by Anonymousreply 445May 13, 2022 2:56 AM

R430, Jamie doesn’t need to add anything but his ass to my face.

by Anonymousreply 446May 13, 2022 10:14 AM

After looking at Kelly's "book", and all the explanations of her deadline- yet another thread ruined by frauen. Can't you gashes go elsewhere?

Danny has HIV, is gay and will never fuck you. Next.

by Anonymousreply 447May 13, 2022 11:22 PM

Even with Julie trying to start all the Real Housewives shit, I think this has been my favorite of the reunions.

by Anonymousreply 448May 14, 2022 10:06 AM

[quote]Also, September makes 20 years since RW Las Vegas debuted. That is still the franchises most successful season and highest rated ever.

r433 its funny because most people agree that Las Vegas was also the "jump the shark" moment for the Real World franchise.

by Anonymousreply 449May 14, 2022 12:26 PM

Not most people when more people tuned in weekly for that season than any other.

by Anonymousreply 450May 14, 2022 12:30 PM

Vegas was as boring as London.

by Anonymousreply 451May 14, 2022 11:07 PM

Only to the deluded

by Anonymousreply 452May 14, 2022 11:16 PM

The show just got two Critics Choice Award nominations

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 453May 17, 2022 12:07 AM

The first two didn’t get nominations. This season seems to be doing better all around.

Idk about in ratings though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 454May 17, 2022 12:09 AM

[quote]This season seems to be doing better all around.

No thanks to anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 455May 17, 2022 12:49 AM

The Julie Show!

by Anonymousreply 456May 17, 2022 2:26 AM

I mean, Julie’s not wrong. She is making the season interesting.

by Anonymousreply 457May 17, 2022 12:47 PM

[quote]The first two didn’t get nominations. This season seems to be doing better all around.

The New York iteration of Homecoming was nominated by this awards group in the same two categories (Unstructured Series and Ensemble Cast).

So, once again, the Los Angeles season doesn't measure up to the two around it. It was the same in the '90s, when MTV did a reunion of the first few RW casts and everyone treated Los Angeles like the ugly stepchildren. Norm to Rachel: "You had a good season. I enjoyed it. I don't know about the LA cast." Rachel and Eric: (Gales of laughter)

by Anonymousreply 458May 18, 2022 4:58 AM

Julie isn't making it interesting - she is a boring frau with camel toe yoga pants.

I don't blame them for turning down 100k for 2 weeks work, but after seeing what they look like now and a little talking, I have zero interest in the other episodes.

by Anonymousreply 459May 18, 2022 5:03 AM

Because LA was a mean spirited season r458. That cast hated each other. And still do.

by Anonymousreply 460May 18, 2022 6:31 AM

R460 so was Miami but damn that was an entertaining season

Miami was great

by Anonymousreply 461May 18, 2022 7:04 AM

In the last episode, Julie gets a voodoo curse put on her.

by Anonymousreply 462May 18, 2022 7:09 AM

R461 LA is a VERY entertaining season

by Anonymousreply 463May 18, 2022 9:10 AM

R461 Miami is also considered a trashy season by most also. LA will always get more recognition because is a classic season and the 2nd, after NY. Miami is season 5. Doesn’t hold as much weight.

The first four seasons have always been held to a different standard. Miami was a transition season.

Vegas is also looked down upon by alumni that came before it, but those who came after tried replicating it.

by Anonymousreply 464May 18, 2022 9:15 AM

All the "beach" seasons were on the trashy side and filled with conflict: Los Angeles, Miami, Hawaii. I didn't like LA and thought Miami was only middling, but Hawaii was wildly entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 465May 18, 2022 9:37 AM

R465;I just binged Miami and it's EXTREMELY entertaining, in many ways it's the perfect Real World season

Especially after that boring floppage of the London season

One of the big things Miami has going for it is that ALL 4 of the women (Flora the Queen Bitch, Melissa the Lowkey bitch, Cynthia the take no shit black bitch and Sarah the tomboy bitch who read the shot out of Melissa and caused her to cry and leave the house towards the end) are bitches and cause conflict and then there's Dan falsely spreading rumors that Flora's boyfriend Mitchell bear her and Flora going in on him and the big Dan and Melissa letter opening showdown of 1996 when he called her a stupid bitch and she called home flaming faggot

Even Mike the passive aggressive hottie and Joe with the tranny looking girlfriend Nicole, who hated allbhe roommates when she visited, were entertaining

Flora being voted out as CEO of Delicious Deliveries by all her roommates except Melissa, was TV gold, Flora made them do multiple recounts and then in her interview she screams out "I hate them all and I hope they all die!"

They all hated each other and we loved every second of it, like Cynthia said to gay Dan, "Flora and Melissa ain't won't nothing to do with your ass, if you were on fire, they wouldn't even stop to piss on you to put it out"

by Anonymousreply 466May 18, 2022 10:10 AM

Not to pick on Danny. But seeing footage of him from 2000 and today- he really sums up everything that's horrible about aging. Firstly, the shape of his face, and nose changed robbing him of attractiveness. Secondly, his joie de vivre is gone. He was adorable, and slutty, with a twinkle in his eye. That sly-ass smile. Now, he's just serious. Fuck, life robs us of so much.

For me. I mean I was never as hot as Danny. But I tried to retain a youthful attitude, and love of life. I suspect I've failed though.

by Anonymousreply 467May 18, 2022 10:28 AM

On top of aging, being HIV positive and parenthood can rob you of your youthful looks and your twinkle in your eye.

by Anonymousreply 468May 18, 2022 10:33 AM

One of my favorite moments from the mean spirited, everyone hates everyone Miami season was when Flora's dog was acting up and he knocked Cynthia almost off her chair, she was on the computer, and she goes "If he don't come down, I'm gonna pop home" and Flora goes "No you won't, if anything I'll pop you, I'm sick of your Black attitude!"

It was on from then on out....

by Anonymousreply 469May 18, 2022 10:34 AM

[quote]Secondly, his joie de vivre is gone. He was adorable, and slutty, with a twinkle in his eye. That sly-ass smile.

I thought we saw a little of that side of him when they went to the bar and those fans were chatting him up. One guy said Danny's season of the show had influenced him to move to New Orleans, and Danny said, "And here you are!" kind of flirtatiously. He was hugging people and having a great time. It was obvious he was glad to be out again, even in a simulated-for-TV situation.

But besides being much older, he has had some rough times, no doubt, so he's a different person. I still find him attractive, if not in the same way he was at 22.

by Anonymousreply 470May 18, 2022 10:50 AM

What's the point of blurring out the "FLOW" hoodies if we can still read them? And why don't they blur out the backs? And if it's such a big deal, why didn't the producers just ask them not to wear them in the first place?

by Anonymousreply 471May 18, 2022 1:02 PM

OMG ENOUGH ABOUT A MAN IN HIS 40s NOT HAVING THE SAME TWINKLE IN HIS EYE HE HAD AT 22!!!! It’s called LIFE, and we’ve all gone through it.

It’s very easy to have a “twinkle” when your life is just starting. He was 22 and freshly out of college with his whole life ahead of him. He is now 44. I don’t know many (if any) 40 something with a fresh “twinkle” in their eye.

by Anonymousreply 472May 18, 2022 3:04 PM

Maybe Danny just needs some eye drops.

by Anonymousreply 473May 18, 2022 3:54 PM

So Julie lost her virginity to Jamie? Gross. I don't remember even picking up on them being into each other. I recall Julie always being on Matt like white on rice.

Speaking of Matt - he's a little too precious these days. If I had to share a space with him I'd be cordial and leave it at that. I don't vibe with that personality type at all.

by Anonymousreply 474May 18, 2022 6:06 PM

I like Matt. He may have his opinions but he’s always kind and respectful. And I assume he is too “precious” now because of all the children he has.

R474 toward the end of the season (as she grew more comfortable and confident) she started to show interest in Jamie and kissed him. He made it clear nothing would happen because they were close friends and he knew having sex would ruin their relationship. All three women wanted him at some point.

Julie also admitted she had a crush on Jamie all along but she viewed him as out of her league so she never tried anything.

She also had a crush on Matt and that one was more innocent and they related to each other a lot.

by Anonymousreply 475May 18, 2022 6:39 PM

I feel sorry for Danny and the HIV, but that is a rough 44. I was shocked when I saw the first show. He just seems like an old man now. There are plenty of hot guys in their 40s.

by Anonymousreply 476May 18, 2022 8:58 PM

And plenty who aren’t hot too r476. How you age has more to do with genetics than anything.

by Anonymousreply 477May 18, 2022 9:06 PM

Someone posted previously that HIV meds take a toll. I have no idea.

by Anonymousreply 478May 18, 2022 9:27 PM

I mean did people not think HIV meds would have affects?

by Anonymousreply 479May 18, 2022 9:31 PM

I honestly never thought about it, especially regarding looks. Fortunately I don't know anyone who has it.

by Anonymousreply 480May 18, 2022 9:33 PM

R475 Kelly wanted to fuck Jamie? I thought she said they never really got along.... they were nice to each other for the most part. Maybe at the very beginning if I remember correctly when all the girls were gossiping about who they thought was hot, but I think her thing for him diminished really quickly. I haven't watched the original in a very long time so may be misremembering.

by Anonymousreply 481May 18, 2022 9:39 PM

[quote]So Julie lost her virginity to Jamie? Gross.

No. The between-the-lines of what they were saying is that they fooled around and did everything except what would count as "losing her virginity." He clearly performed oral on her, and maybe vice versa.

by Anonymousreply 482May 19, 2022 3:45 AM

Jamie fucked cray, cause he wanted virgin gash.

by Anonymousreply 483May 19, 2022 6:19 AM

I love the way Jamie looked up at the camera as soon as Julie dropped the "You gave me my first orgasm!" line. He was NOT expecting that.

by Anonymousreply 484May 19, 2022 11:31 AM

Jamie needs to keep far away from crazy.

by Anonymousreply 485May 19, 2022 6:00 PM

It was a 2 week film. Jamie won't see that nut case the rest of his life, unless they do a 50th.

by Anonymousreply 486May 19, 2022 6:12 PM

Anyone know how many episodes there are? NY ran for 6; LA ran for 8. If NO does 6 then next week is the finale already.

by Anonymousreply 487May 19, 2022 6:38 PM

8. If next week was the finale it would have said so in the preview.

by Anonymousreply 488May 19, 2022 6:40 PM

Matt creeps me out.

by Anonymousreply 489May 20, 2022 11:06 AM

Great interview with Danny, posted today. Some highlights:

1) Julie's shady agent who fucked shit up with Danny and Melissa was her damn mother. 2) Paul had mouth cancer near the end of his and Danny's relationship. 3) The bar scene was completely staged.

by Anonymousreply 490May 23, 2022 10:43 PM

Dammit...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 491May 23, 2022 10:44 PM

Yes I heard years ago Paul had oral cancer.

And it was stated upthread it was her mother.

by Anonymousreply 492May 23, 2022 10:45 PM

I’m always going to root for Danny, but he does make me sad. It seems like this show really affected him in a negative way.

by Anonymousreply 493May 24, 2022 3:26 PM

Oh God enough. He was not the first gay on RW and not even the most successful to come from it. Enough with the worship of mediocrity

by Anonymousreply 494May 24, 2022 3:28 PM

Oh God it's a damn interview, relax.

by Anonymousreply 495May 24, 2022 8:13 PM

Julie is a goddamned stupid fucking whore. I hate her. Clearly did the Spotify thing on purpose. What a waste of a life. Clearly trying to put on a show. Her husband was more attractive than I would've thought. I wish Melissa would punch her in the nose.

The new Danny grew on me quite a bit this week. He's ok.

Matt is fucking GAY! In this episode that just went up, it's more clear than it has ever been.

by Anonymousreply 496May 25, 2022 1:14 PM

Here we go. Matt is GAY!!! He must be!!! No. He isn’t. And he’s respectful. Leave him alone.

I like that yesterday Danny posted a photo of him and Matt half-hugging in his stories. As usual, some people are acting like Matt killed someone. He is who he is but he clearly doesn’t try hurting anyone.

He’s entitled to his opinions.

by Anonymousreply 497May 25, 2022 1:31 PM

Calm down Spencer, Jamie doesn't wanna fuck Julie! He just wants to drink and play on his Oculus. Such a dumb move on the producers' part.

Matt and Danny's conversation was mature and reasonable. They're meeting each other halfway.

by Anonymousreply 498May 25, 2022 5:21 PM

Why are you shocked Julie’s husband is attractive? There are tons of hot boys in the church.

by Anonymousreply 499May 25, 2022 10:02 PM

Finished watching the episode and Julie is nuts. She seems to wanna make her husband jealous, which is why she brings up Jamie so much because she knows Spenser is already insecure about him.

How does she know what Jamie has in his porn stash?

by Anonymousreply 500May 25, 2022 11:44 PM

Julie is clearly nuts, I just can’t tell if it’s the sort of nuts that truly wants to blow up her own life, or the kind that will just do and say anything for reality TV “fame.” But maybe I repeat myself.

by Anonymousreply 501May 26, 2022 12:49 PM

Anyone watched the new episode?

by Anonymousreply 502June 1, 2022 2:46 PM

Kelly doesn’t come across great in the most recent episode. What had come across as a mature take on the whole situation starts to look like her being a stick in the mud. Rude, even.

by Anonymousreply 503June 1, 2022 3:29 PM

How is she rude? Because she stated her boundaries?

by Anonymousreply 504June 1, 2022 3:34 PM

I'm not sure why Kelley chose a career in life coaching if she freezes up at the slightest bit of conflict. I get how she and Julie are oil and water, and she has every right to state her boundaries, but she was a little overwrought during and after their one-on-one.

by Anonymousreply 505June 1, 2022 4:56 PM

No, not her boundaries with Julie, 504. I guess I think it’s a little rude to the others that she’s so closed off to the process. I don’t claim to know what was going on in her life at the time, and I personally think reality TV seems like hell, but she had to have some glimmer of idea of what she was getting into by signing up. She hasn’t really been game for much of anything, which I would likely see as rude if I had signed up for it alongside her.

by Anonymousreply 506June 1, 2022 4:59 PM

Kelly's out of her goddamned mind. What a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 507June 1, 2022 5:09 PM

Because she’s over Julie. It’s not like it was night one. This was already over a week of dealing with her. And we don’t even see everything that happens. You forget they’re fitting 12 days of footage in eight 45 minute episodes.

She was trying to be cool but clearly she’s had enough.

by Anonymousreply 508June 1, 2022 5:11 PM

R506 what a stupid way to think. You don’t know all that is planned by producers when signing up. And as stated more than once, she was the very last person to sign on. She did not wanna do it. She did it for Danny and him only.

by Anonymousreply 509June 1, 2022 5:14 PM

Kelly seems like a person who clearly doesn’t want to be on a reality show-she called the show in an earlier episode a “social experiment.”

She wants to perceive the Real World from a purer, 1990s point of view, when there was less manufactured conflict and more “education” of the audience on issues like racism and homophobia.

Julie, on the other hand, is auditioning to be the centerpiece of “The Real Housewives of Madison” or a TLC show or something.

Kelly wants to be Brene Brown. Julie wants to be Vicki Gunvalson. They will never get along.

by Anonymousreply 510June 1, 2022 5:19 PM

Kelley was just on live discussing topics and her book, but someone asked a question about the show and she explained why she agreed and she also let us know that we are only seeing bits and pieces of what happened. Those discussions we see for a few minutes actually go on for 4-5 hours each time.

She said something else happened with that person who shall not be named (Julie) and it is Something that can’t be spoken about, but they didn’t show it. So after she spoke to Julie, something else happened that they aren’t showing us and she can’t speak on it, but that’s why she suddenly seems so disheveled etc. during their brunch and visibly bothered.

But she can’t speak anymore on that or say what it was, for both personal and legal reasons, the personal reasons being she doesn’t wanna put that energy into the world.

by Anonymousreply 511June 1, 2022 8:10 PM

I will never f'give Kelly for making me side with Julie

by Anonymousreply 512June 2, 2022 4:50 AM

There’s nothing to side with Julie on.

by Anonymousreply 513June 2, 2022 5:02 AM

Danny posted about the photo incident and said it was not a shirtless pic, but full on nude pics of her husband.

You can tell he’s sick of the editing and says Julie has gotten a good edit all season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 514June 2, 2022 3:22 PM

Tokyo posted this and his caption made me feel a bit sad. This may be the last time all seven will ever be together, especially now that everyone hates Julie to death.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 515June 3, 2022 3:53 AM

I want to hear exactly what happened, because at this point Kelly seems borderline mentally ill. Even if it was a naked pic of her husband, who cares? Get over it, Princess.

by Anonymousreply 516June 3, 2022 10:00 PM

From the clips they showed I got the impression that Julie would not shut up about sex and I think Kelley got fed up with it. Also I think she thinks Julie isn’t genuine after overhearing that conversation Julie had with her husband about how she was trying to make good TV and her roommates are boring.

by Anonymousreply 517June 3, 2022 10:07 PM

R517 When they drove by the parade and Kelly goes I HATE THINGS LIKE THAT! she really did not come off well at all. She came off sour, bitter and unpleasant. I'm not Julie fan, and I hate that I agree with her, but there you have it.

by Anonymousreply 518June 3, 2022 10:12 PM

R516 most married women don’t want a woman they already have bad feelings about shoving a photo of their fully naked husband in their face. No. Have some fucking respect for the other person, the other persons spouse as well as your own spouse, who is clueless that you’re showing his dick to your roommates.

by Anonymousreply 519June 3, 2022 10:13 PM

Fair enough, Julie shouldn't have done it. But Kelly's subsequent actions still seem bizarre to me.

by Anonymousreply 520June 3, 2022 10:39 PM

What actions? Stating her boundaries?

by Anonymousreply 521June 3, 2022 10:53 PM

These aren’t single 20somethings anymore. These are married people in their mid 40s. No married woman has time for that immature “look at my husbands nudes” bullshit.

Kelley gracefully told her to at least ask her before showing her those things so she can decide if it’s ok, not to just shove it in her face. Watch their convo. Kelley was trying to find a common ground but Julie immediately went into defensive mode and tried painting herself as a victim.

by Anonymousreply 522June 3, 2022 10:55 PM

Danny saying Kelley was the only one who went into that house with an open mind and heart when it came to “that lady” (Julie)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 523June 4, 2022 1:06 AM

Kelley saying there’s so much more that happened than what we saw

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 524June 4, 2022 1:45 AM

R229 I would have loved to hatefuck Puck.

by Anonymousreply 525June 4, 2022 8:18 PM

You know who was hot as motherfuckin' shit? Joey Rozmus of Real World Cancun. Fuckin' nasty ass little blonde skater/rocker dead. He was such a stud. Used to burp all the time.

On one episode, he spit in a girls taco, without telling her, and she ate it. A couple of friends of mine know me too well. My friend David told me "I turned to Travis and said 'I bet Josh is wishing he could eat that taco right now." What can I say? Mea culpa!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526June 5, 2022 6:21 AM

R526 HELL. NO.

by Anonymousreply 527June 5, 2022 6:24 AM

The best looking gay to come from RW is probably one of the least charming and charismatic people ever cast, who had no presence and was just there, Chris in RW Chicago. He could give Danny a run for his money in the looks department.

But he was a bore and I heard he had major addiction issues and another RWer who I won’t expose said they don’t even know how he got cast because he is actually very cold and closed off in person, so it’s weird they cast him for the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 528June 5, 2022 6:27 AM

R526 It's like Nick Carter finally impregnated Aaron and they had a kid.

by Anonymousreply 529June 5, 2022 6:45 AM

I’m on the side of Kelley, Danny, and Melissa, because obviously, but they’re not without their own messiness. Danny looks childish continuing to only refer to Julie as “that lady,” especially since he seemed to be playing along with her several times in the house (including the dick pic, which he seemed into). Kelley comes across a little weak to not be able to stomach this experience for two weeks. Melissa seems to overblow some things and add drama while pretending to de-escelate.

The whole house seems a little weak, frankly, by allowing one cast member to throw them as much as she seems to have done. Why does Lame Julie have so much power? I get that there’s a lot we don’t see, but I also don’t think Julie is the only one who has made bad choices in this experience.

by Anonymousreply 530June 5, 2022 4:36 PM

There is a lot not shown. According to Danny, they’ve given her a good edit and allowed her to use her interviews to lie and manipulate situations to the audience despite them knowing all that was really going on in the house, like her saying it was a shirtless pic when it wasn’t. Danny, Kelley and Melissa also said a lot more happened that wasn’t shown, and they can’t say all that happened.

Danny also said he handled the dirty stuff and told that lady he’s fine with it but also let her know Kelley and Matt don’t like that kind of stuff. She still continued regardless.

by Anonymousreply 531June 5, 2022 4:54 PM

I wanna acknowledge how beautiful David’s piano playing was. Before they actually started the ridiculous song, and he was just playing the piano, lovely. He’s talented.

by Anonymousreply 532June 5, 2022 7:03 PM

Yeah, I’m sure all that’s true, 531. I still don’t get how a house of six seemingly well-adjusted adults who all basically like we other allowed themselves to be so ruffled by one messy person. But it has been fascinating to watch.

by Anonymousreply 533June 5, 2022 9:09 PM

Because they already had bad feelings about her to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 534June 5, 2022 9:11 PM

Kelly just posted this. Julie sounds like a cunt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 535June 8, 2022 2:54 AM

I’m glad Kelley posted that. It does help clarify some things. Also fucked up that they have aired stuff so out of order, since it makes it look like Kelley chose to not participate in things that she wasn’t even there for.

by Anonymousreply 536June 8, 2022 3:17 AM

Julie is a psychotic nightmare

by Anonymousreply 537June 8, 2022 3:36 AM

Smart that she didn’t include her name. They never say her name for legal reasons

by Anonymousreply 538June 8, 2022 3:36 AM

There was more but she couldn’t put it all there. I recorded her stories so you can read it all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 539June 8, 2022 3:57 AM

R539 Ok. Earlier in this thread, I was harsh about Kelley after seeing last week's episode, but I see now I was wrong. It's cool that she left in such a dignified way. I like her.

Julie on the other hand is a stupid, ugly, insane CUNT. I think she's my most hated RW cast member ever. What a goddamned nightmare she is. Just awful on every level.

BTW watch Matt's dancing and the start of the episode. That duder is a closet case. A fucking CLASSIC closet case, at that.

by Anonymousreply 540June 8, 2022 8:03 AM

Omg he’s just having fun. Not everything someone does means they’re closeted. I’m so sick of the ignorance from both ends

by Anonymousreply 541June 8, 2022 9:15 AM

R541 Duder- go watch it. Matt dances like a fuckin' f@ggot.

(I'm gay, BTW)

by Anonymousreply 542June 8, 2022 9:20 AM

Matt is clearly just joking and having fun r542. He’s not in a club dancing like that. He’s playing around. That doesn’t mean he’s gay. Not everything is linked to some deep dark secret. This isn’t a soap opera.

by Anonymousreply 543June 8, 2022 9:24 AM

Listen to what he says about gays. That tells you all you need to know.

The man is gay as Christmas. IMO.

by Anonymousreply 544June 8, 2022 9:36 AM

That doesn’t even make sense. At all.

by Anonymousreply 545June 8, 2022 1:09 PM

R545 Men who are as homophobic as Matt tend to be severe closet cases.

by Anonymousreply 546June 8, 2022 2:01 PM

So after watching the episode, I’m confused again about Kelley’s departure. I believe a lot of what she said in IG, but she does seem to be spinning just a little.

by Anonymousreply 547June 8, 2022 2:49 PM

Ummm because of what happened off camera r547. Clearly you don’t read.

by Anonymousreply 548June 8, 2022 3:18 PM

R546 that’s a played out coping mechanism for gay men to feel better about themselves.

He’s not even deeply homophobic. All he said was he doesn’t understand homosexuality. He never tore apart Danny and they still keep in touch.

by Anonymousreply 549June 8, 2022 3:19 PM

Calm down, R548. What Kelley says about what happened off camera is precisely why I’m confused. All of the other roommates are extremely warm to Julie at the end. Like exceptionally warm. If so much happened off-camera, I’m not sure why they would all overlook that and kumbaya with her. Melissa even says on her Twitter today that she had fully excepted Julie’s apology by the time they left the house, and it wasn’t until they started doing press the spring that the crazy came back. I’m not saying Kelley isn’t telling the truth, it just seems a little more complex than she made it.

by Anonymousreply 550June 8, 2022 3:22 PM

Melissa actually left 5 days prior r550. The editing made it look like she was there until right before the end. That’s a lie.

It’s called EDITING. None of them are warm to her since filming and want nothing to do with her. They clearly just embraced her until it was time to leave to be able to make it to the end.

by Anonymousreply 551June 8, 2022 3:26 PM

No, Kelley left early. Melissa was there until the end.

And I stated that none of them want anything to do with her since filming. Again, Melissa says on her Twitter that this has to do with her behavior this spring, not her behavior in the house. Thus my confusion. If Julie went crazy, it’s just weird that Melissa and especially Danny continue to be so nice to Julie in the house in the days after Kelley left (And yes, I know there’s editing, but if you haven’t seen the last episode yet, both of them are extremely warm on camera to Julie, which they didn’t have to be)

by Anonymousreply 552June 8, 2022 3:49 PM

R552 I meant Kelley. Idk why I typed Melissa.

by Anonymousreply 553June 8, 2022 3:52 PM

Maybe because they’re mid 40s and have to live with her, so might as well make the best of it? And no they weren’t overly warm to her at all.

by Anonymousreply 554June 8, 2022 3:53 PM

Convinced someone on this thread has ties to the show. There’s at least one poster who gets very offended when someone takes even a slightly different view.

by Anonymousreply 555June 8, 2022 4:20 PM

I still think Kelley's behavior was rather odd in her final scenes. But, unlike Julie, she has a reservoir of good will, so I'll just buy it.

I'm curious to know exactly what Julie's behavior "this spring" was. It kinda actually sounds like they were more pissed off at the edits and they're taking it out on Julie. Not that Julie is ok, she isn't.

by Anonymousreply 556June 11, 2022 7:37 PM

They’re upset with Julie because of A. Her behavior in the house. B. Her behavior while promoting the show. And separate from Julie, C. The edit didn’t show how bad Julie really was at times and Melissa/Danny feel the edit made Kelley look bad even though in reality the entire house was on Kelley’s side.

Why were they all nice to Julie after Kelley left? Because they needed to be to be able to survive until the end. If not they would all have left early because they were actually unhappy there.

None of them speak to Julie nor have since filming wrapped in November.

by Anonymousreply 557June 11, 2022 7:46 PM

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Julie did audition after that to be a reality TV housewife somewhere, because all she's doing in this show is just to show her prowess at creating content for that type of show. Hence all the abrasiveness, confrontational style, not only with people but with subject matters and utterances which are deemed inappropriate by the rest of the cast, the belligerence, the impulsivity, the polarization and first and foremost the over-the-top drama. She's on a mission here and it has less to do with revisiting their group dynamic after 20 years than with getting a lucrative job in the entertainment industry. She has to prove that she can be highly dysfunctional and therefore be a valuable character for the powers that be.

by Anonymousreply 558July 8, 2022 6:59 AM

Kelley and Scott look so much alike. He probably sees his mother in her and she probably sees her father in him. But when I look around me, this is also the kind of couple that last the most, because who actually wants to get rid of the mother/father figure?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 559July 8, 2022 7:34 AM

Did Danny finally shave off that idiot soul patch? Geez that looked stupid.

by Anonymousreply 560July 8, 2022 1:11 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!