Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Old BI about Will Smith

I remember a BI being discussed on here that was about a closeted Hollywood star beating up his male lover (perhaps even hospitalizing him, I don't remember). The most popular guess with Will Smith - which I dismissed at the time, cause it seemed so at odds with his affable personality. Now that has completely changed of course, and the story seems much more believable!

by Anonymousreply 13January 4, 2024 6:37 AM

*was Will Smith

by Anonymousreply 1March 31, 2022 10:56 AM

[quote]story seems more believable

No. It does not. Stop grasping at straws.

by Anonymousreply 2March 31, 2022 11:02 AM

Now that I think about it it may have been a violent sexual assault rather than a beating- does anyone have a link to the original BI?

by Anonymousreply 3March 31, 2022 11:02 AM

Wasn't that the rumor aimed at James Franco and later revealed to have been deliberately started by a journalist knowing it was fake?

by Anonymousreply 4March 31, 2022 11:02 AM

R4

I think James Franco was the other popular guess at the time; I missed it being revealed as fake though - do you have a link?

by Anonymousreply 5March 31, 2022 11:04 AM

Wasn’t that revealed to be ZaSu Pitts?

by Anonymousreply 6March 31, 2022 11:06 AM

r5

[quote] Gawker, however, took it one step further: they accused Franco of being a gay rapist.

[quote] On August 18, 2008, the New York Post ran a gossip blind item that read: “Which hunk in a summer movie is a violent, closeted homosexual? The heartthrob snuck into his ex's apartment a few months ago and raped him so violently, the ex ended up in the hospital - and the actor paid him $500,000 to keep his mouth shut.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7March 31, 2022 11:12 AM

Sorry, forgot to quote the third paragraph as well at r7

Back before Denton’s “change of heart," Gawker had a tendency to blindly speculate about gossip blind items—which, for all we know, could be completely made up. [bold] But they took particular interest in this one, with then-Gawker writer Richard Lawson penning a follow-up post guessing that the gay rapist might be either Will Smith, Christian Bale, or James Franco, based purely (or rather, impurely) on Internet rumors.[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 8March 31, 2022 11:19 AM

Will Smith is a cuck and most likely a bottom. Slapping a much smaller Chris Rock in front of millions sealed the impression. There's no "tough guy" at the Smith house outside of Jada

by Anonymousreply 9March 31, 2022 11:20 AM

Yes, I remember that. And I remember thinking the same as you, OP.

When I heard it the first time, I remember thinking that Will wasn’t too far from his Six Degrees character.

Speaking of old gossip, here’s the vintage “A-List Gossip” from 2004:

“ Smith, Will. No longer refreshingly down-to-earth and unpretentious, his stardom has now gone to his head, and he's turned into a raging, vain asshole. "A swinger, along with his wife." Bisexual. Lying about his age. Linked to Jada Pinkett.”

by Anonymousreply 10March 31, 2022 11:21 AM

Except it turns out Franco isn’t gay…

by Anonymousreply 11March 31, 2022 11:38 AM

ENTERTAINMENT Busy Philipps says James Franco assaulted her while filming "Freaks and Geeks" BY ANDREA PARK

OCTOBER 9, 2018 / 2:20 PM EDT / CBS NEWS

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 4, 2024 2:35 AM

According to Brother Bilaal, Will Smith beat up and hospitalized Jada when he caught her fucking Mark Anthony.

by Anonymousreply 13January 4, 2024 6:37 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!