Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jeopardy! Editing Glitch March 29

Before someone squawks "Do a search," the current Jeopardy! thread is paywalled, so I'm not able to post there to let people know why there was a problem on yesterday's show, but here's an article explaining. I'm also not able to tell them that Monday contestant Ryan Purcell is a friend of a friend and that the first Jeopardy! episode ever will be on Youtube in about an hour and a half. And no, I won't become a subscriber. I have my reasons.

In other news, I love current champion Jackie. She's like a mix of Kristen Wiig and Aubrey Plaza.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32May 6, 2022 7:36 PM

Who cares?

by Anonymousreply 1March 30, 2022 10:29 PM

Wow, R1 is *really* slipping.

by Anonymousreply 2March 30, 2022 10:42 PM

I bet Jackie wishes she bet a lot higher on final jeopardy. Even I got that one.

by Anonymousreply 3March 31, 2022 12:02 AM

I hate Jackie.

by Anonymousreply 4April 1, 2022 2:22 AM

That distracting gap before Mayim rules a response correct. It seems clear she has to wait to hear "OK" through her earpiece first.

by Anonymousreply 5April 5, 2022 6:14 AM

I miss Jackie. It was really like Camelot when she was champ.

by Anonymousreply 6April 5, 2022 6:18 AM

’quote]It seems clear she has to wait to hear "OK" through her earpiece first.

Well, I never in all my life!

by Anonymousreply 7April 5, 2022 6:40 AM

Ken's taking the lead, Mayim. You're about to be relegated to the twice-a-year Midnight Special Jeopardy shows.

Hope you didn't give up your day job.

by Anonymousreply 8April 5, 2022 6:47 AM

R8 Don't worry. She's always got that neuroscience degree to fall back on. I think she's mentioned it a couple of times.

by Anonymousreply 9April 5, 2022 6:49 AM

Nell reminded me of Toby Mcguire, Sarah of Mindy Cohn, and Camron of Ashton Kutcher playing the part of a greasy nerd.

by Anonymousreply 10April 5, 2022 11:47 PM

[quote]but here's an article explaining.

OP, the article you linked offers no explanation for why the glitches took place. It merely provided details of the glitch and repeats people's twitter postings.

The article does not have any explanation about the glitch from show officials.

by Anonymousreply 11April 6, 2022 1:10 AM

What is die in a grease fire?, R11.

by Anonymousreply 12April 6, 2022 1:18 AM

I do not like this ugly cunt and she better not be the permanent host! I much prefer Ken!!!!

She wears the ugliest clothes!

by Anonymousreply 13April 6, 2022 2:56 AM

[quote] And no, I won't become a subscriber. I have my reasons.

So dramatic.

by Anonymousreply 14April 6, 2022 3:43 AM

Thank you for confirming that, r11. I thought the Covid I'm dealing with did something to my reading comprehension ability.

by Anonymousreply 15April 6, 2022 4:00 AM

The Jeopardy! threads get Murieled only a couple of hundred responses in. Does anyone know the reasoning for that?

by Anonymousreply 16April 6, 2022 6:34 PM

The champions teeth are gross

by Anonymousreply 17April 7, 2022 1:08 AM

[quote]The Jeopardy! threads get Murieled only a couple of hundred responses in. Does anyone know the reasoning for that?

The threads that get Murieled tend to be ones that only a small set of people post on, but that small set of people posts repeatedly on the thread.

Threads tend to be Murieled after 200 to 250 responses.

No idea for the reasoning behind it.

by Anonymousreply 18April 7, 2022 6:44 AM

I'll take "Missing Apostrophes" for $200, Alex.

by Anonymousreply 19April 7, 2022 1:51 PM

yesterday's contestants were so fucking stupid, how did they get on the show?

The Final question was wayyyy too easy! I got it straight away.

by Anonymousreply 20April 7, 2022 2:36 PM

The producers must have told the current champ to stop chattering and just answer the fucking questions (or rather, question the fucking answers, in jeopardyspeak).

by Anonymousreply 21April 7, 2022 5:38 PM

I got vax tonight due to Spanish being my second language. The current champ is wicked good.

by Anonymousreply 22April 12, 2022 5:18 AM

yes, glad to see Ken back!

by Anonymousreply 23April 12, 2022 5:19 AM

Current champ is from Nova Scotia. Local players are creaming themselves.

I remember the last time they had a winner from Nova Scotia, back in 2001 (?). She also talked too much .

by Anonymousreply 24April 12, 2022 5:28 AM

I'm surprised by some of the contestants' professions: "She's a Library Clerk from Sandusky, Ohio and has 14 cats". I guess knowing a lot of trivia doesn't guarantee succe$$.

by Anonymousreply 25April 12, 2022 5:39 AM

Jeopardy thread 29 has been paywalled

by Anonymousreply 26May 3, 2022 1:03 AM

Even Ken was embarrassed FJ was such a gift Tuesday.

by Anonymousreply 27May 3, 2022 7:54 PM

Alex must be turning in his grave...the standards have dropped sooooo much!

by Anonymousreply 28May 4, 2022 3:18 AM

Random schmandom. Alex would have put his foot down and said no way he was reading that FJ clue.

FJ on Wednesday: Flags of the World.

by Anonymousreply 29May 4, 2022 8:47 AM

"I've never seen . . . . !"

Words that should live in infamy.

by Anonymousreply 30May 5, 2022 10:16 PM

Looks like this is the default thread when the regular Jeopardy! thread is Murieled.

by Anonymousreply 31May 6, 2022 3:48 PM

Ken has run out of excuses.

FJ: Airports of the World

"Its code is YYV."

Gotta be rigged when they're going for a contestant's home-town airport. Gotta be.

by Anonymousreply 32May 6, 2022 7:36 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!