Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The dogs ate my face

But I survived.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76June 24, 2022 11:07 AM

Oh fuck no. I’m trying to find my zen place. I ain’t clicking on that.

Poor thing. 😟

by Anonymousreply 1March 17, 2022 3:07 PM

Bless her heart. What a strong young lady.

by Anonymousreply 2March 17, 2022 3:16 PM

One of them was a pit bull — shocking!

Unbelievable that the couple sent a college girl into this den of vicious dogs like that. They should be required to clean the piranha tank at an aquarium.

by Anonymousreply 3March 17, 2022 3:31 PM

Took cops 37 minutes to get to the woman bleeding out inside while they dealt with the dogs. Dumb ass Texans

by Anonymousreply 4March 17, 2022 3:34 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5March 17, 2022 3:39 PM

Good grief. Give this girl everything these two irresponsible assholes have.

by Anonymousreply 6March 17, 2022 3:40 PM

That response time surprised me since Texans will shoot anything that moves, or at least like to brag that they will.

by Anonymousreply 7March 17, 2022 3:40 PM

R7 my understanding is that it was the unarmed emts who couldn't get in and had to wait for the police. I may be wrong.

by Anonymousreply 8March 17, 2022 3:41 PM

You look great, OP. Don't let anyone tell you to wear a paper bag!

by Anonymousreply 9March 17, 2022 3:41 PM

Sees title, sees breed: checks out. A big dog with a lock jaw will always win in the end. But please, "nanny dog" defenders, keep on defending these rednecks owning and not training pitbulls.

by Anonymousreply 10March 17, 2022 3:44 PM

The owners weren't rednecks but rich college professors. I guess they were part of those ultra-woke "rescue dogs!" "there are no bad pitbull" assholes.

by Anonymousreply 11March 17, 2022 3:47 PM

The dogs were just scared. She was a stranger coming into their home. I hope they can find a new loving home! 🙏 Humans suck. Dogs are better. My ride or die. We MUST save the dogs. If you don't love dogs, you can't love humans.

by Anonymousreply 12March 17, 2022 3:49 PM

That makes sense, R8, but it’s still so awful. I cannot understand the irresponsibility.

by Anonymousreply 13March 17, 2022 3:49 PM

The owners apparently had a couple of little kids. They knew the dogs were dangerous because they put a sign on the door.

by Anonymousreply 14March 17, 2022 3:53 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15March 17, 2022 3:55 PM

People who deny there are breed characteristics are delusional. Dogs have been bred for certain traits for centuries.

by Anonymousreply 16March 17, 2022 4:01 PM

[quote] ees title, sees breed: checks out. A big dog with a lock jaw will always win in the end. But please, "nanny dog" defenders, keep on defending these rednecks owning and not training pitbulls.

How Strong is a Pitbull’s Bite?

The strength of a bite is measured in pounds per square inch or PSI and called “bite force.” For reference, the average human bite force is 162 PSI. The animal considered to have the strongest bite force is the Nile crocodile at 3,700 PSI. While many might assume the pitbull is closer to a croc than themselves they would be wrong! A pitbull bite has a bite force is only about 235 PSI. Siberian Huskies, Rottweilers, and Akitas measure in at around 300-350 PSI and the Kangal has the strongest canine bite force at 743 PSI.

The Danger is in the Shaking

Pitbulls are terrier breed dogs. This category of breed is known for a tendency to hold onto and shake prey, not simply bite and release. This, and not the actual bite, is what makes a pitbull or other terrier bite so dangerous. These types of bites cause significant damage, especially if the bite has broken the skin. With the teeth in the skin, the shaking tears tissue and damages bone.

All dogs have the ability to do significant damage when shaking. That said, the shaking of prey is a natural instinct. Watch your dog with his toys and you’ll likely see this. If the dog has the front of its body bowed (called “the play bow”) it’s nothing to worry about. If the dog shakes the toy with an aggressive stance, keep an eye on it. While playful shaking is fine with the dog’s toys, do not allow them to shake anything else. If your dog grabs and shakes a shoe or pillow, immediately make them drop the item and give them a toy instead.

A Pitbull’s Jaws DOES NOT Lock

Don’t believe the myth: pitbull jaws do not lock when they bite. They are a breed that is known for stubbornness and this affects everything they do. In fact no breed of dog has any mechanism in their mouths that allows them to lock their jaws.

Pitbulls and other bulldogs were originally bred for bull baiting. This now-outlawed bloodsport pitted bulls against other animals. Bulls are large and strong. They buck wildly, so bulldogs were bred to be able to hang on.

After bull baiting stopped many kept pitbull and other bulldogs or crossbred them to retain some of their characteristics. These dogs are strong and can handle various difficult terrain. They are smart and don’t quit, making them great working dogs.

The pitbull is determined to do everything to completion, including bite. Thus, it can be very difficult to get a pitbull to stop. It’s important to train all dogs, no matter their breed, to obey your command to “stop” or “leave it” from puppyhood. Any determined dog that bites will be reticent to release.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17March 17, 2022 4:02 PM

This brought tears to my eyes. The dog owners never issued an apology or paid her in full. Un fucking believable. I can't imagine...

by Anonymousreply 18March 17, 2022 4:02 PM

Remember, you call them "pitties" then the mauling is so much more adorable!

by Anonymousreply 19March 17, 2022 4:06 PM

I would rip a pitbull's eyes out if it ever. Right before I stomped it to death.

by Anonymousreply 20March 17, 2022 4:08 PM

I know R4. Why didn't the cops, when the dogs were at the door, or in a position away from the woman....just shoot the damn things. WTF with these stupid cops.

by Anonymousreply 21March 17, 2022 4:11 PM

R21 Don't you DARE shoot a dog! Dogs are more precious than people. HOW DARE YOU!

by Anonymousreply 22March 17, 2022 4:13 PM

It's a bizarre world...

by Anonymousreply 23March 17, 2022 4:15 PM

I imagine she will eventually get a face transplant but those are extremely high risk. It's actually amazing that the surgeons were able to save her life. She had to be revived several times on the table.

by Anonymousreply 24March 17, 2022 4:18 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25March 17, 2022 4:28 PM

I hate dogs and the owners.

by Anonymousreply 26March 17, 2022 4:30 PM

^#METOO

by Anonymousreply 27March 17, 2022 4:33 PM

R12 and R22 AGREED. Dogs are SO much better than humans and I'm sure these innocent pups could sense the evil in that girl....no wait, the evil in the owners...no wait, the evil in... ah nevermind, I forget just who vicious dogs are supposed to be able to "sense" are evil or not.

by Anonymousreply 28March 17, 2022 4:46 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29March 17, 2022 5:12 PM

If pit owners have to keep defending these dogs.....there is a big problem. Always on the defensive...with many (usually lame) excuses.

by Anonymousreply 30March 17, 2022 5:29 PM

I don't think it was good that he brought a bully breed on stage. Are there really Jewish rednecks?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31March 17, 2022 5:31 PM

Will the boyfriend stay with her?

by Anonymousreply 32March 17, 2022 5:39 PM

Doubtful R32. He'll stick around for awhile to look good and because she saw him through cancer (I think) but he'll eventually leave her for another cute 20 year old

by Anonymousreply 33March 17, 2022 5:44 PM

I’m amazed how many people have bought into the large bully breed rescue cult. People who are risk averse in all other aspects of life throw caution to the wind and bring them into their household. There are so many other dogs to adopt if you want that badge of honor. I was shouted down by my sister in law who has never had anything scarier than a lab about how nice pit bulls are…even though she’s never had one. The propaganda is strong, and it’s the equivalent of arguing with a Trump supporter.. There’s a high growth industry in large breed behavioralists and trainers as so many owners can’t handle them. People are making money coming and going on these rescue dogs. The Cane Corso is the big current trend, so look for many to end up in shelters.

by Anonymousreply 34March 17, 2022 5:59 PM

There's a neighborhood site I look at, at times...and there's a woman who runs a rescue. She posts photos of the dogs, trying to find homes for them. All of them are pit bulls.

by Anonymousreply 35March 17, 2022 6:09 PM

Cane Corso...I never heard of that breed, R34. Holy shit. It looks like a pit bull on steroids. It's massive.

by Anonymousreply 36March 17, 2022 6:14 PM

Googled it^^

by Anonymousreply 37March 17, 2022 6:14 PM

Is this the sequel to the Celeste Cunningham story?

by Anonymousreply 38March 17, 2022 6:19 PM

I met a woman at a friend's party and we went over to her house to pick up a bottle of wine. I walk in behind her and her dog comes in the room. It was a male cane Corso. I immediately turned around and walked out of the front door. Nope, nope, nope.

by Anonymousreply 39March 17, 2022 7:10 PM

r16 and then jump to

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40March 17, 2022 7:10 PM

I saw the piece on the CBS morning program and the cops said they had no idea of her condition until they got to her. Otherwise they would have shot the dogs. But they refused to comment beyond that, despite many questions the reporter wanted answered.

by Anonymousreply 41March 17, 2022 8:31 PM

It's TEXAS. They just made that stupid law that forbids putting your dog on a leash. Tells you what you need to know..

by Anonymousreply 42March 17, 2022 8:34 PM

The girl and her parents are suing the owners of the dogs. God, I hope they get a huge settlement. The fuckhead owners of the dogs haven't even contacted the maimed girl, have never offered an apology, haven't even paid her all the wages she was owed. What scum.

by Anonymousreply 43March 17, 2022 8:42 PM

Time to dox Dr Justin Bishop and his wife Ashley!

by Anonymousreply 44March 17, 2022 8:57 PM

I have no doubt the dog owners haven't communicated with her on the advice of their lawyers. Any form of expression of sorrow, grief, regret for what happened could be construed as an admission of guilt in court.

Don't get me wrong. I hope that in Civil Court she's able to get everything they own now or in the future. The couple obviously knew the dogs were dangerous. They even had a beware the dog sign on the front door which also said not to knock or ring the bell because it might wake the baby.

For the record, the girl had met the dogs before. The week before she went there to walk the dogs, the girl had visited the couple and met and played with the dogs and they seemed to love her.

by Anonymousreply 45March 17, 2022 9:09 PM

God love her. This poor girl and what she’s endured. But she seems to be grateful for the life she has and I hope it’s a long happy one for her.

by Anonymousreply 46March 17, 2022 9:11 PM

Surprised no one has asked what happened to the dogs. They've been put down although not immediately.

by Anonymousreply 47March 17, 2022 9:17 PM

[quote] Any form of expression of sorrow, grief, regret for what happened could be construed as an admission of guilt in court

They ARE guilty

by Anonymousreply 48March 17, 2022 9:17 PM

Defense attorneys aren't interested in whether you're guilty, they're interested in giving you your best defense and raising reasonable doubt for the jury.

by Anonymousreply 49March 17, 2022 9:20 PM

Amateurs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50March 17, 2022 9:23 PM

The video said the dogs were put down. I was thinking about the woman who lost her face to the chimpanzee.^^

by Anonymousreply 51March 17, 2022 10:40 PM

...lost her face *by the chimp...^^

by Anonymousreply 52March 17, 2022 10:41 PM

Charla Nash, the woman who got her face eaten off by Travis the Chimp (she also lost both her hands and was blinded) has gotten a face transplant and is presumably doing well. In interviews she seemed to have a cheerful attitude and enjoys whatever she can get out of life.

What he did was gruesome, but it's understandable that Travis the Chimp went out of his mind. The poor animal was torn away from his mother while he was still an infant and sold to a rich, freakish couple who wanted a chimpanzee for a pet. Well, actually not a pet; they treated him as though he were human, not an animal. He was their "son." The female owner was his "mother"; she let him bathe with her and she fed him lobster and champagne and wine. She also gave him drugs to "calm" him. He grew into a 200 lb. pampered, disturbed animal. He'd gone on a rampage before the attack on Charla Nash; on the day he went berserk and tore her face off and ate her hands he'd been given Xanax. I guess he finally snapped.

Wild animals should NEVER be allowed to be kept as pets. There should be laws to ban owning them. And why the hell would anyone want to have a chimp, a tiger, a bear, a python, etc. as a pet anyway? Just to brag about having it? It's dangerous as hell and a form of animal cruelty.

by Anonymousreply 53March 18, 2022 12:05 AM

No hands and blind…I mean, what’s the point?

by Anonymousreply 54March 18, 2022 12:56 AM

This is the problem with virtue signalling by pushing everybody to adopt rescue dogs instead of purebreds. You take an adult rescue and you have no idea what the dog's been through or what problems a previous owner has had with them. And rescue operations aren't always honest about the dogs.

by Anonymousreply 55March 18, 2022 1:46 AM

Woof, woof...bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56March 18, 2022 1:52 AM

R31 Worked with him last year & he was walking around with that same dog at base camp near his trailer.

Can't recall if the dog was leashed or not, but it never left Jon's side.

by Anonymousreply 57March 18, 2022 2:53 AM

R42 im no fan of texas lawmakers but you're comment is incorrect and stupid.

by Anonymousreply 58March 18, 2022 3:25 AM

I ain't buying no dog no matter the breed!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59March 18, 2022 4:07 PM

Colombia

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60March 22, 2022 6:18 PM

R60 Jesus H. Christ that was terrifying!

by Anonymousreply 61March 22, 2022 7:22 PM

Pitbulls should be outlawed and so should every other aggressive breed.

by Anonymousreply 62March 22, 2022 11:25 PM

He's just a lil teddy be-

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63May 20, 2022 2:13 AM

I don't like dogs.

by Anonymousreply 64May 20, 2022 2:15 AM

R42 R58 The law in Texas is about keeping dogs chained up - it’s illegal. You have to have your dog on a leash if you’re outside your home or a fenced in area,

by Anonymousreply 65May 20, 2022 3:24 AM

Can we talk about Miss David Begnaud's makeup! That face was beat hunty! She should lay off the eye shadow!

by Anonymousreply 66May 20, 2022 8:15 AM

1. Based on the sign and the fact that they kept their own small children away from these beasts, the owners KNEW!

2. People don't like to talk about it, but nearly ALL Rescue Dogs have issues (many have been abused). You must investigate & address their issues.

3. Regardless of the Breed - ALL Dogs MUST be trained.

4. The Owners won't suffer because their homeowner's insurance will pay out for this.

5. The 24 year old boyfriend might finger her a few more times, but of course he'll leave her. She's unfuckable. Duh! Even she knows that.

6. She's lucky to be alive and to have such loving parents. They will make sure she is ok emotionally.

7. The cops are idiots. Waiting 37 minutes? They can shoot an unarmed Black man, but not dogs mauling a human? The parents should sue them too!

8. She's banged up, but the doctors can fix her up. She's young. She can still marry some rich old Texas Oil Tycoon and have a good life!

by Anonymousreply 67May 20, 2022 8:30 AM

[quote] The cops are idiots. Waiting 37 minutes? They can shoot an unarmed Black man, but not dogs mauling a human? The parents should sue them too!

If they'd shot the dogs down there would have been a huge outcry: "Those poor innocent dogs! Killed outright! How inhumane! The cops are monsters!" My guess is that the cops were trained to secure rampaging dogs and were instructed to kill them only as a last resort. But no matter what cops do, they can't win. They didn't shoot the dogs and some people scream about that. But is they had shot the dogs they would have gotten just as much criticism. Cops are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

by Anonymousreply 68May 20, 2022 8:42 PM

That video at R63 is frightening and infuriating. NO wild animal should be held and cuddled like it was a toy. I wonder how badly the girl in the video was injured. The cute little cub really chomped on her face.

by Anonymousreply 69May 20, 2022 8:49 PM

[Quote]My guess is that the cops were trained to secure rampaging dogs and were instructed to kill them only as a last resort.

R68 A young woman is being mauled to death! That's not a last resort? You don't consider that an emergency? What if that was your daughter?

Of course they are gonna get criticized for shooting them. But they are not given a badge and gun to worry about PR. They are supposed to do the right thing. Thirty-seven additional minutes of having an animal biting you as you fight for your life is a long fucking time. Every second of that must have been terrifying.

by Anonymousreply 70May 21, 2022 2:00 AM

[quote] A young woman is being mauled to death! That's not a last resort? You don't consider that an emergency? What if that was your daughter?

If I had the say-so I would have had the dogs shot immediately. But I was not in charge. Whoever WAS in charge obviously thought the right thing to do was to secure the dogs and capture them. I don't know why that was. It seemed like a confusing, chaotic situation. Maybe they thought she wasn't that badly injured and didn't know how bad it was until they entered the house. I don't know that happened. All I know is that the dogs were dangerous and the owners knew it.

by Anonymousreply 71May 21, 2022 2:43 AM

I hope I have the nerve to gouge a dogs eyeballs out if I’m ever attacked.

by Anonymousreply 72June 24, 2022 8:34 AM

Good God. I don't know what to say.

by Anonymousreply 73June 24, 2022 9:24 AM

When I first saw the reporter, I thought it was Bill Hader in an SNL sketch

by Anonymousreply 74June 24, 2022 9:53 AM

Dogs don’t play around. Even my dog is a pitbull labrador mix, and one time when i was beating him it bit my hand and gave me a little small puncture , just like a "dont fuck with me bite"

by Anonymousreply 75June 24, 2022 10:03 AM

R75 Dog bit the hand that feeds him. Oh no! That is a very bad sign. I would have gotten rid of that dog immediately... if I didn't kill it first!

by Anonymousreply 76June 24, 2022 11:07 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!