Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

James Woods "I'm A Victim Of The Hollywood Blacklist"

Hollywood acting community was devastated by political extremists in the 1950s and again became a target during the last presidential campaign. It surpasses belief that men and women in the entertainment field would resort to shameful practices that the enemies of artistic freedom have used against us.

Hasn't Hollywood learned from its past? Obviously not

by Anonymousreply 64March 15, 2022 3:16 AM

I'm sorry but what roles are not coming his way these days that should be?

by Anonymousreply 1March 13, 2022 1:40 AM

You only hear this kind of talk from washed-up C listers like James Woods. I think if he had a fanbase then he would get work regardless of his beliefs. Hollywood only cares about money.

by Anonymousreply 2March 13, 2022 6:47 PM

Crying political persecution's a more profitable grift than whining that your sexual perversions are a bigger professional liability now than in the past.

by Anonymousreply 3March 13, 2022 7:00 PM

He's like 80 and very hard to look at. Never was big box office. I suspect that has a lot more to do with his lack of roles than his political leanings. Hollywood is cool with all sorts of assholes and psychos if they put asses into theater seats, but Woods doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 4March 13, 2022 10:02 PM

Has he looked in the mirror lately? I'm sure he's white.

by Anonymousreply 5March 13, 2022 10:10 PM

I don't know if it is true, but I have read that he is a huge asshole to work with. He also claims he is a genius with an IQ in the 150 range.

by Anonymousreply 6March 13, 2022 10:14 PM

^^^And the genius voted for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 7March 13, 2022 10:16 PM

Sir, your reported huge dick puts you on the … blacklist.

by Anonymousreply 8March 13, 2022 10:21 PM

Saw him once in LA. He was dining outside and making sure people recognized him.

by Anonymousreply 9March 13, 2022 10:24 PM

There just aren't many acting jobs for decrepit old pedophiles right now.

by Anonymousreply 10March 13, 2022 10:38 PM

John Voight continues to work, and he’s offered roles, in spite of his despicable political stance.

by Anonymousreply 11March 13, 2022 10:38 PM

He’s a victim of his own insufferable cuntiness.

by Anonymousreply 12March 13, 2022 11:09 PM

Blacklisted

by Anonymousreply 13March 13, 2022 11:22 PM

R12- Insufferable perfectly describes him.

by Anonymousreply 14March 14, 2022 12:19 AM

James Woods is a dried up old cunt. Just die already.

by Anonymousreply 15March 14, 2022 12:36 AM

WE hate James Woods!

# Me Too Rules!

by Anonymousreply 16March 14, 2022 1:33 AM

Clint Eastwood does just fine, as does Kelsey Grammar and, as mentioned above, Jon Voight.

by Anonymousreply 17March 14, 2022 1:38 AM

*Grammer

by Anonymousreply 18March 14, 2022 1:38 AM

That's because those 3 R17 despite their awful politics still manage to be professional. Show up and do their jobs. Woods wants and demands to be treated special.

by Anonymousreply 19March 14, 2022 1:41 AM

Amber Tamblyn just tweeted that James Woods made a pass at her - when she was 16

by Anonymousreply 20March 14, 2022 1:43 AM

R20 Yes, Amber we heard all about that 30 years ago. I guess your career is almost as quiet at James Woods'.

by Anonymousreply 21March 14, 2022 1:45 AM

Remember when Sean Young was stalking him?

by Anonymousreply 22March 14, 2022 1:51 AM

Jeff goldblum won the race.

by Anonymousreply 23March 14, 2022 1:53 AM

Is the Crazy Glue story true? Anyone remember that rumor?

by Anonymousreply 24March 14, 2022 1:53 AM

[quote] Hasn't Hollywood learned from its past? Obviously not

Hollywood is a magnet for desperate people living on lies and delusion. They congregate together and make each other mad.

Of course, they haven't learned from the past!

by Anonymousreply 25March 14, 2022 1:57 AM

He is an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 26March 14, 2022 2:00 AM

Nobody want to work with you because you're a terrible human being. A lot of right wing and Republican actors have ongoing vibrant careers and they get along with directors, cast and crew. Your political leanings hardly come into play. At most they're a small turd that you dumped on top of the already massive steaming pile of shit you've left throughout your career..

by Anonymousreply 27March 14, 2022 2:07 AM

Lots of Republicunts are routinely working these days. Even open bigots with regressive politics get work. This wingnut is thoroughly an asshole. That’s the reason no one is calling. Also his age. Think about for a moment…to be such an outrageous asshole in Hollywood is no easy feat.

by Anonymousreply 28March 14, 2022 2:10 AM

I never liked him. Always came across to me as skeezy and having an overly high opinion of himself. Not surprised he a republican and had allegations against him.

by Anonymousreply 29March 14, 2022 2:12 AM

[quote] He is an asshole.

And William Hurt is an asshole.

And Aaron Schock is an asshole.

And Sam Elliot is an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 30March 14, 2022 2:14 AM

It seems incumbent upon actors and actresses to complain, and many exercise this duty to complain about no longer getting roles. Actresses usually blame age, James Woods blames his political leanings.

by Anonymousreply 31March 14, 2022 2:15 AM

[quote] It seems incumbent upon actors and actresses to complain

Actors and actresses should be seen and not heard.

by Anonymousreply 32March 14, 2022 2:18 AM

he's a deplorable hateful human. who gives a flying fuck about him.

by Anonymousreply 33March 14, 2022 2:18 AM

I remember Clint Eastwood saying Democrats outnumber Republicans in Hollywood, but there are plenty of Republicans in the industry. I'm pretty sure he made this statement during his speech at the Republican convention for Romney (when he spoke to the empty chair).

by Anonymousreply 34March 14, 2022 2:21 AM

OP, it would have been helpful to provide some context for your dummy-spit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35March 14, 2022 2:32 AM

OP left it up top R35 to post the link, so he can get all the credit

by Anonymousreply 36March 14, 2022 2:34 AM

Didn't he have a terrific, prolific career for decades?

by Anonymousreply 37March 14, 2022 2:55 AM

He's always been an asshole. Yes R37, he did have a successful career for a long time. But he was unable to hide it. It was evident in his acting what a dick he was. He didn't bring in the ratings and he wasn't worth all the trouble he caused.

I'm sure the studios quietly paid off a lot of abuse claims about him too

by Anonymousreply 38March 14, 2022 3:00 AM

[quote] It was evident in his acting what a dick he was.

In which film is his dick most evident, R38?

by Anonymousreply 39March 14, 2022 3:02 AM

I despise him. It’s disgusting how Kevin Spacey was ran out of Hollywood but James Woods and Scott Baio can still show their faces everywhere.

They both went after minors so did Dustin Hoffman and SLY Stallone but Kevin spacey is the devil because of shitfaced far ugly ginger made allegations from 40 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 40March 14, 2022 3:03 AM

Even I wouldn't hire him again.

by Anonymousreply 41March 14, 2022 3:06 AM

One of the repulsive people who I nevertheless like a lot of his work - Woods, Baldwin, Spacey.

by Anonymousreply 42March 14, 2022 3:13 AM

Nonsense. Hollywood is no hotbed of morals, either liberal or conservative. If Woods sold tickets he would get cast. But he doesn't. That's why he only gets work from his buddy Seth Macfarland.

by Anonymousreply 43March 14, 2022 3:41 AM

Bette Davis adored James Woods.

She raved about him in interviews, thought he was a very gifted actor.

by Anonymousreply 44March 14, 2022 3:56 AM

Woods claims to have been a passenger on the dry run flight the 9/11 terrorists made.

by Anonymousreply 45March 14, 2022 3:59 AM

It couldn't be 1) you are aging out of most roles and 2) you act like a asshole never mind your politics....then again, he might have a point here since hollywood is 99% assholes...

by Anonymousreply 46March 14, 2022 4:03 AM

He is a gifted actor. But he's an asshole. Not the first, not the last actor to be those two things.

by Anonymousreply 47March 14, 2022 4:14 AM

r22 That is not true. They did have an on set fling. However he had a jealous 21 y/o girlfriend back in LA. She was the one who pretended to be Sean Young and sent herself stuff like decapitated Barbies and abortion pamphlets to the house she was sharing w/ Woods.

Oddly enough Young is GOP and a big Trump supporter too.

by Anonymousreply 48March 14, 2022 5:11 AM

r30 Sam Elliot was literally the voice of one or more Biden general election commercials.

by Anonymousreply 49March 14, 2022 5:50 AM

Some context is important here. Woods wasn't known for being political until he jumped on Twitter and became a machine, tweeting pro Trump stuff all day long. He's not even a Republican, he's a Trumpist. There's a difference between voting for someone or having a political affiliation and using your platform to promote Donald Trump. Which is what he did.

I absolutely agree with him that it killed his career. He should be working a lot more based on his stature as an actor. Its not about selling tickets, he never did. But he worked constantly for two decades. If he had kept quiet about his odd devotion to Trump, he'd probably be clearing $500k per year or over a mil if he ended up on a series. Instead, he's dead in the water career-wise.

by Anonymousreply 50March 14, 2022 5:56 AM

Oh well, R49, that changes everything. Sam Elliot is no longer an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 51March 14, 2022 5:57 AM

Videodrome will live forever!

Unfortunately, so too will John Carpenter's Vampires.

by Anonymousreply 52March 14, 2022 6:07 AM

Scott Loser Baio has been reduced to appearing at a bakery/deli/trattoria in Caldwell,NJ. I did not attend

by Anonymousreply 53March 14, 2022 4:37 PM

Remember when conservatives use to make fun of people who called themselves victims?

by Anonymousreply 54March 14, 2022 4:48 PM

[quote]James Woods "I'm A Victim Of The Hollywood Blacklist"

Anything that keeps you off the screen is just fine by me James Woods.

by Anonymousreply 55March 14, 2022 4:50 PM

There is no role that James Woods can play that Christopher Walken can’t play better. James Woods is superfluous

by Anonymousreply 56March 14, 2022 4:53 PM

You and me both, James!

by Anonymousreply 57March 14, 2022 4:58 PM

[57] There is no role that you can play Kevin, that Lucy Lawless can’t play better. You are superfluous

by Anonymousreply 58March 14, 2022 5:21 PM

[quote]I absolutely agree with him that it killed his career. He should be working a lot more based on his stature as an actor. Its not about selling tickets, he never did. But he worked constantly for two decades. If he had kept quiet about his odd devotion to Trump, he'd probably be clearing $500k per year or over a mil if he ended up on a series. Instead, he's dead in the water career-wise.

His career had tanked (around 2001) and was doing a lot of voice over roles. He finally did a tv show, but there was a lot of drama/problems on it because he was fucking around with the girl who played the roll of his daughter. Mostly all he did between 2001 and now is tv work (movie of the week, cable movie) and voice over work.

No one's thought about him for years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59March 15, 2022 2:42 AM

[quote] No one's thought about him for years.

I think of James Woods often.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60March 15, 2022 2:50 AM

Isn't he in his mid seventies? Why is he still expecting consistent work at his age? Shouldn't he be retired and living off all the money he earned over the decades of work? Or did he blow it as quickly as he earned it?

by Anonymousreply 61March 15, 2022 2:58 AM

I don't think Christopher Walken and James Woods are fit for the same types of roles.

Walken likely would not be suitable as a CEO or corporate lawyer type, but Woods is.

Walken is essentially retired, right?

by Anonymousreply 62March 15, 2022 2:58 AM

He's at an age where there aren't exactly a lot of parts. Walken is an odd comparison---a very different actor and unlike Woods, he can play comedy.

by Anonymousreply 63March 15, 2022 3:03 AM

Yeah, I think the comedy Woods would be in would be -about- him, rather than with him.

He can basically do the Ironic Glance, occasionally breaking the 4th wall.

by Anonymousreply 64March 15, 2022 3:16 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!