Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Remember when Jamie-Lynn Sigler tried to be a pop star?

Lmfaoooooooo I still laugh at her to this day. The album didn’t chart, the singles didn’t chart, it was a massive flop. Her failed music career, her failed acting career outside of playing Meadow Soprano… what a lame!!!

Never liked this fuggo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88May 19, 2022 7:21 AM

I never want to hear it again, but it’s no worse than what a lot of other pop singers were putting out back then.

by Anonymousreply 1March 7, 2022 2:53 AM

Couldn’t she hire an actual actor to play her love interest? That dude looks like somebody’s creepy uncle.

by Anonymousreply 2March 7, 2022 2:55 AM

She tried. It's a tough business. Maybe she should have done infomercials for a thigh master type thing.

by Anonymousreply 3March 7, 2022 2:58 AM

Hailee Steinfeld reminded me of that but I don't know how her album did.

by Anonymousreply 4March 7, 2022 2:59 AM

At least Hailee has a successful acting career.

by Anonymousreply 5March 7, 2022 3:07 AM

That song came out over 20 years ago, and you still think about it, even though you hate it? Might be time to get a life.

by Anonymousreply 6March 7, 2022 3:08 AM

Steinfeld had a few songs chart. Not high, with the highest being 12, but charting.

by Anonymousreply 7March 7, 2022 3:09 AM

Her voice suuuuuuuccckkkkks

by Anonymousreply 8March 7, 2022 3:12 AM

She sucks r8. A talentless fuggo.

I remember when Brooke Hogan tried to be a pop star also. At least her song had a good beat. And her aesthetic was more fitting for a pop star.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9March 7, 2022 3:14 AM

If we’re talking about failed pop careers, I really dig Heidi Montag. I feel like she understood she’d never be big and made her material as campy and fun as possible.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10March 7, 2022 3:19 AM

Yikes. Age of the basic bitch.

by Anonymousreply 11March 7, 2022 3:24 AM

This song and video scream "early 2000s" so loudly, it's deafening.

by Anonymousreply 12March 7, 2022 3:26 AM

It was 2001

by Anonymousreply 13March 7, 2022 3:28 AM

Everybody was trying to be a pop singer back then. She’s probably embarrassed now.

by Anonymousreply 14March 7, 2022 3:32 AM

Britney really had everyone trying to replicate her.

by Anonymousreply 15March 7, 2022 3:35 AM

It's not like Britney had more talent than the rest, she just had *it* at the time.

by Anonymousreply 16March 7, 2022 4:24 AM

Guess I missed this hot one on TRL.

by Anonymousreply 17March 7, 2022 4:25 AM

I had no idea she tried to be a singer.

by Anonymousreply 18March 7, 2022 4:30 AM

[quote] "I had no idea she tried to be a singer."

Same, R18. The only two things I knew about her before this, were that she was on "The Sopranos", and had an eating disorder.

by Anonymousreply 19March 7, 2022 5:23 AM

How pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 20March 7, 2022 5:37 AM

I couldn't be a Hillary or even an Ashlee so I became Captain Marvel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21March 7, 2022 5:59 AM

R6 nailed it.

Best comment I've seen on this site in a while.

by Anonymousreply 22March 7, 2022 6:02 AM

Remember ScarJo trying to be too cool for school with her pitchless, off key album of Tom Waits covers?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23March 7, 2022 6:05 AM

I prefer Paris Hilton's song.

by Anonymousreply 24March 7, 2022 6:07 AM

The song isn't memorable but it's not embarassing. She didn't quite pull off the sexy-attitude to camera looks. She's much prettier than Britney or Christina. I guess she didn't tip OP or something.

by Anonymousreply 25March 7, 2022 7:23 AM

The denim dress should not have been her main look for the video. And I agree that the love interest was too charactery.

by Anonymousreply 26March 7, 2022 7:23 AM

When dud Brittany’s little sister marry someone named Sigler?

by Anonymousreply 27March 7, 2022 4:01 PM

She was trying to work the actress/singer thing in the early 00s. She played Belle (of Beauty and the Beast) on Broadway for a bit, too.

by Anonymousreply 28March 7, 2022 4:56 PM

It's not terrible. It's not good, let alone great, but I could see it being a hit had the chips fallen differently. It's no worse than much of the stuff that did chart back in that era.

She gave it a shot, and she didn't totally embarrass herself (except for the fact that it flopped).

by Anonymousreply 29March 7, 2022 5:05 PM

Her appearance was why she wasn’t gonna be taken serious as a pop star. She wasn’t big but fat compared to the pop stars from that time, she was darker complexion with dark hair and dark eyes, but not Latina. The biggest pop stars during that time were very young small hot blonde girls.

by Anonymousreply 30March 7, 2022 6:27 PM

She’s probably too busy with her multiple sclerosis to care what Op thinks of her career.

by Anonymousreply 31March 7, 2022 6:47 PM

[Quote] The biggest pop stars during that time were very young small hot blonde girls.

Word?

by Anonymousreply 32March 7, 2022 6:55 PM

R32 they were black. That’s different. There were a lot of black artists too

by Anonymousreply 33March 7, 2022 6:56 PM

Remember when fat, sad OP shook her gunt with laughter?

I know, it's painful to remember. It smelled like yeast, rotting flesh and regret.

by Anonymousreply 34March 7, 2022 6:58 PM

[Quote] they were black. That’s different.

And Pink having Pink hair was different too. Would you argue that Katy Perry overcame the odds with her (dyed) black hair?

by Anonymousreply 35March 7, 2022 6:59 PM

R23 I was in grad school when that came out. There was a loathsome girl I knew who was a friend of my friends (she was one of those girls who thrives on the attentions of straight men, and since I'm not into women she was always nasty to me) then who hated ScarJo. What's funny is that during this period ScarJo was part of all the pop culture this girl loved. She loved Woody Allen and ScarJo was doing Woody Allen movies. She loved Bob Dylan and he put ScarJo in a video. She also loved Tom Waits and went on an on about how ScarJo's covers album was "unacceptable."

It was funny.

by Anonymousreply 36March 7, 2022 7:05 PM

Her ex husband was just sentenced to 11 years in federal prison for orchestrating a huge market manipulation scheme.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37March 7, 2022 7:09 PM

R37, he's in luck! Meadow Soprano is an attorney at law, and she's tanned, rested, and ready!

by Anonymousreply 38March 7, 2022 11:14 PM

Meadow is dead in my mind.

by Anonymousreply 39March 7, 2022 11:18 PM

Why does the Brooklyn Seacow Ed.win Mont.anez Jr. hate fellow moon face Jamie Lynn Sigler? Is it because she is jewish and the Obese Rican hates Jews or because she has a hot husband with a hot ass??

by Anonymousreply 40March 7, 2022 11:23 PM

R37 Brooklyn eh,, Maybe the Brooklyn Seacow’s family was involved

R34 Google Ed.win Mont.anez jr first photo that shows up via pininterest is the OP aka the Brooklyn Seacow.

by Anonymousreply 41March 7, 2022 11:26 PM

Anyways, Meadow Soprano was annoying like Jamie-Lynn.

by Anonymousreply 42March 7, 2022 11:27 PM

Jamie Lynn would take one look at the fat balding Fuggo OP Ed.win and laugh and laugh and laugh…

by Anonymousreply 43March 7, 2022 11:28 PM

It’s ok. I will laugh right back at her 😂

by Anonymousreply 44March 7, 2022 11:29 PM

The Heidi Montag song is catchy (like the clap) and I adore the LOWFI camp presentation.

by Anonymousreply 45March 7, 2022 11:31 PM

Meadow is a pretty next door type. I never observed a weight problem but do remember that first husband was on the grift even back then.

by Anonymousreply 46March 7, 2022 11:34 PM

im literally gonna committ a crime just so I can suck her ex-husby off in jail! he's so hot!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47March 7, 2022 11:35 PM

Her weight has always gone up and down. On the Sopranos, she'd be curvy one season and anorexic the next. Don't know if she ever got her head straightened out about that.

by Anonymousreply 48March 8, 2022 1:24 AM

She was so young then. I’m sure she didn’t know any better

by Anonymousreply 49March 9, 2022 3:44 AM

That Max Martin sound was so oversaturated and it peaked in 2000. She also came way too late with this album (2001) just like with Willa Ford. People were sick of the Britney teen dance-pop sound. People moved onto hip-hop (like Christina and Timberlake) or pop rock (Pink and Avril).

by Anonymousreply 50March 10, 2022 2:58 AM

So many Britney clones. Samantha Mumba stood out at least.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51March 10, 2022 3:08 AM

She even changed her professional name for a minute when she was married to Di Scala. Why do women do that? You take all that time to be known as an actress with a specific name, then get married and change your professional name? Men sure as hell don't do that.

by Anonymousreply 52March 10, 2022 3:20 AM

I know she's hated here, but Gaga (and Rihanna) came in and saved mainstream pop music from the utter dreck of the early to mid 00s.

by Anonymousreply 53March 10, 2022 5:14 AM

The turning point actually was around the mid-2000s (2004 to 2006) when Gwen Stefani, Fergie, Nelly Furtado, Ciara and Justin Timberlake released their hip-hop-electronic hybrid albums produced by Timbaland and Will.I.Am. Then came Rihanna, Gaga, Beyonce, Katy, Kesha and Britney hoping on the trends and putting out good pop albums with sleek electronic productions.

by Anonymousreply 54March 10, 2022 11:35 AM

Pink’s debut album was R&B. She switched to pop with her sophomore album and then pop-rock from then on.

Britney’s sound went more urban and starting with her 4th album she mixed pop/R&B/hip-hop styles

by Anonymousreply 55March 10, 2022 3:35 PM

In retrospect, it's interesting how Sopranos was kind of lightening in a bottle; none of the people involved - including Chase - ever did anything else that matched it's success. Edie Falco had a decent career & the aforementioned JLS has given up showbiz entirely to be a soccer mom in TX (yuck!) and that kid that played AJ seemed to be kind of a loser, but none of the primary actors were ever able to parlay that white hot fame into anything else. And of course JG ate & drank himself to death

The kids bickering over on the Euphoria set should take note of that.

by Anonymousreply 56March 10, 2022 3:47 PM

I know her. She’s incredibly nice and very self-deprecating. Also dealing with long term illness. A huge supporter of gay rights.

by Anonymousreply 57March 10, 2022 3:50 PM

R54, I turned 20 in 2000. Maybe it was my age, but I hated Gwen's pop music (liked a lot of No Doubt though), Ditto Fergie and Nellie Furtado. Don't remember Ciara at all. Timberlake had a few really good songs. And whoever said Pink? She had a good album or two I recall. Same with Bey.

But to me? It was Gaga and Rihanna that made me care about mainstream pop music again around 2008. I was mostly into indie rock at that time (early O0s had great, great indie bands blowing up on youtube), but those two felt familiar (as pop music alway does) and yet somehow totally fresh.

by Anonymousreply 58March 10, 2022 4:50 PM

[quote] Edie Falco had a decent career

I was always amazed at Edie Falco as Carmela. It was so natural, never over-acted. In real life, EF wasn't even a mother (at the time, at least). Yet, she was so believable. Not surprised she had a post-Sopranos career.

[quote] And of course JG ate & drank himself to death

He did coke, too. He would disappear for days, apparently. Not sure if he disappeared during shooting, but I think he did. That's really uncool. However, he was a good actor, just the sadness in his eyes sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 59March 10, 2022 4:57 PM

R9, without the help of electronic filtering/photoshopping, nearly all of them are.

by Anonymousreply 60March 10, 2022 6:14 PM

I’m sure if when I was in my early 20s somebody had approached me I would have recorded terrible music even if knew I had no talent. Everybody was doing it then.

by Anonymousreply 61March 11, 2022 1:01 AM

JL should have gotten this song. She wasn't slutty enough for 2001.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62March 11, 2022 1:04 AM

Remember when she dated Turtle for Entourage?

by Anonymousreply 63March 11, 2022 2:21 AM

[Quote] Pink’s debut album was R&B.

It was as much Bubblehgum as it was R&B.

by Anonymousreply 64March 11, 2022 2:24 AM

Has Willa Ford's "Not Such an Innocent Girl" ever leaked?

by Anonymousreply 65March 11, 2022 2:25 AM

Pink's album was not pure R&B like Toni Braxton or Faith Evans. It was more akin to Samantha Mumba, Destiny's Child and All For You era Janet, bubblegum pop dance with R&B elements.

by Anonymousreply 66March 11, 2022 3:32 AM

Jamie Lynn's Sopranos association also didn't help sell her as a teen idol. Parents wouldn't want their little girls singing along with Meadow Soprano.

Samantha Mumba had better songs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67March 11, 2022 3:35 AM

[Quote] bubblegum pop dance with R&B elements.

The "Robyn" sound, basically.

by Anonymousreply 68March 11, 2022 3:46 AM

[Quote] Samantha Mumba had better songs.

Better than Jamie-Lynn? That's a low bar. There's nothing as good as "Gotta Tell You" on Samantha's one and only album.

by Anonymousreply 69March 11, 2022 3:47 AM

Jennifer Love Hewitt even tried to sing. Her many 90s albums flopped but she tried again in the early 2000s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70March 11, 2022 4:04 AM

The "Robyn" sound was Cheiron Studios production which also produced Britney, Backstreet Boys and NSYNC's first few albums (and all of their songs sound the same, Max Martin recycled a lot). Contrary to popular belief, Christina Aguilera and Mandy Moore's music sounded far more distinctive and had more going on production-wise.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71March 11, 2022 4:13 AM

I thought Christina's debut was way better sounding than Britney's (without ...Baby One More Time (and it's jailbait schoolgirl video) would it had been successful?)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72March 11, 2022 4:18 AM

OMG, all of this "music" is atrocious! 🤮🤮🤮

by Anonymousreply 73March 11, 2022 4:23 AM

Britney's debut was done on the cheap though. Max Martin wasn't responsible for most of it.

by Anonymousreply 74March 11, 2022 4:24 AM

And the suggestion that Aguilera's debut was in any way distinctive...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75March 11, 2022 4:25 AM

Christina actually having a voice made her distinctive compared to non-singers like Britney, Mandy Moore, Jennifer Lopez, Jessica Simpson and others. I think the production on CA' s debut was far more tighter and the choice of songs made it more cohesive. Britney's debut was basically the label putting a bunch of demo sounding songs together with different styles and seeing what would stick and Baby One More Time stuck and her subsequent albums had the same sound and Baby Bop voice.

by Anonymousreply 76March 11, 2022 4:28 AM

And Christina never delevoped a sound. She was as grabbag as any singles artist.

by Anonymousreply 77March 11, 2022 4:30 AM

Wikipedia credits Madonna as the inspiration for the 2000s teen pop slut movement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78March 11, 2022 4:30 AM

It's funny how Dallas Austin and TLC receive so little credit...

by Anonymousreply 79March 11, 2022 4:34 AM

Madonna, Paula, TLC, Janet and Spice Girls really led the way for oversexed pop tarts with tiny voices and colorful vibrant videos to compensate.

by Anonymousreply 80March 11, 2022 4:38 AM

Pop music is trash now, nothing but talent free tarts putting trash. Retardi pee being the prime example of talentless trash.

by Anonymousreply 81March 11, 2022 4:59 AM

It's weird when gay men use terms like "oversexed poptarts."

by Anonymousreply 82March 11, 2022 5:04 AM

[quote] I know her. She’s incredibly nice and very self-deprecating. Also dealing with long term illness. A huge supporter of gay rights

R57 How did she come to the decision that continuing Lenny Dykstra’s bloodline was a good idea?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83March 11, 2022 5:38 AM

… asked Primus Pilus, who is sucking the dick of the son of a BNP leader

by Anonymousreply 84May 19, 2022 6:10 AM

Her voice was absolutely flawless, just not suited for pop music, she should do an album of jazz standards.

by Anonymousreply 85May 19, 2022 6:26 AM

Interesting that you want to pick on someone who's publicly battled with multiple sclerosis and eating disorders, and has no current career, OP.

by Anonymousreply 86May 19, 2022 6:51 AM

Jamie-Lynn Sigler also provided the voice to the singing bellybutton that warbled I'm Coming Out in a Levi's commercial.

by Anonymousreply 87May 19, 2022 7:05 AM

Why does everyone keep saying Jamie-Lynn has no career? She's just been promoted to series regular for the third season of Big Sky along with DL fave Jensen Ackles. I think she looks great.

by Anonymousreply 88May 19, 2022 7:21 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!