Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

iphone SE: How do you charge it?

I just got an iphone SE. Does anyone have it? I need to know how to charge it. Also, other things.

by Anonymousreply 50March 5, 2022 10:04 PM

For all phones of any make or model, you stick one end of the plug into the phone and the other end into the power supply.

by Anonymousreply 1March 5, 2022 12:39 AM

It charges twice as fast if you put it in the microwave, Rose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2March 5, 2022 12:47 AM

Have you tried turning it off and on?

by Anonymousreply 3March 5, 2022 12:48 AM

what is the paper clip looking thing that comes in the box? Anyone know?

by Anonymousreply 4March 5, 2022 12:51 AM

Hold it up to the sunlight.

by Anonymousreply 5March 5, 2022 12:51 AM

hey, you have to buy the Charger separately. They give you the cable in the box, but you have to purchase the charger separately (piece that plugs into the wall socket.)

by Anonymousreply 6March 5, 2022 12:53 AM

what is the paper clip looking thing that comes in the box? Anyone know?

by Anonymousreply 7March 5, 2022 12:53 AM

The paper clip thing helps you open the SIM card tray slot, if and when you need to change SIM cards, say when you go to another country where it's cheaper to just get a local prepaid SIM card for your time there... or move your SIM card to your new phone, eventually. If you don't know what I'm talking about, best to leave that to the folks at the store where you buy the phone.

by Anonymousreply 8March 5, 2022 12:57 AM

[R8] thanks for this.

by Anonymousreply 9March 5, 2022 1:02 AM

okay, i got the charger too and it is charging. you do have to purchase separately. It is a separate piece (box) that I was looking for, needing.

What should I do now?

by Anonymousreply 10March 5, 2022 1:03 AM

Perhaps an etch a sketch would be a better fit for you OP.

by Anonymousreply 11March 5, 2022 1:31 AM

With your charge card.

by Anonymousreply 12March 5, 2022 1:45 AM

[r11] if only it was a wireless charging station.

by Anonymousreply 13March 5, 2022 3:16 AM

i want a wireless charging station for this iphone se. what do you use?

by Anonymousreply 14March 5, 2022 3:17 AM

you don't have to buy a new charger. you probably have a many chargers with usb inputs around your house.

by Anonymousreply 15March 5, 2022 8:54 AM

No, you do need a new charger. The new iphone won't work with old ones. Another way that Apple forces you to buy further add-ons.

by Anonymousreply 16March 5, 2022 9:13 AM

Jesus.............what planet do these people come from.............??????????

by Anonymousreply 17March 5, 2022 9:16 AM

Iphone se adapts to the charge. You can use a 20 watt charger for example. Or any Qi charger. Its FALSE you need a special "iPhone se charger". MOST NORMAL PEOPLE have chargers around from other electronics. Of course, OP is a retarded dinosaur and apparently NEVER owned a cell phone nor a tablet of any recent vintage.

by Anonymousreply 18March 5, 2022 9:19 AM

You do not need a special iphone se charger, but you do need a special cable, which they call a "lightning cable". This cable may be delivered with the phone in the US, but it is NOT in Europe. So you have to purchase that extra before you can use the phone.

by Anonymousreply 19March 5, 2022 11:07 AM

It is kind of sad whoever sold this to OP didn't explain anything about how it functions. It might be a completely inappropriate phone for OP.

Or maybe OP found this on a park bench?

by Anonymousreply 20March 5, 2022 11:11 AM

Asking sincere questions is always the route to go. Purposely acting like a dingbat because you think it’s a cute way to get attention is just pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 21March 5, 2022 11:22 AM

OP, YouTube is very helpful when you can't figure things out. If you're too lazy to type just ask Siri...she's a mine of information. Good luck.

by Anonymousreply 22March 5, 2022 11:23 AM

R21, relax it's just an elder gay who upgraded from his flip phone. Give him a pass here.

I loved the SE I was so said when it stop working and I got one of these XBullshit phones.

by Anonymousreply 23March 5, 2022 11:31 AM

The lightning cable does not have a USB attachment at the end, so it won't work with most conventional chargers you have lying around the house. This is how Apple forces you to buy more products, i.e. a new charger.

by Anonymousreply 24March 5, 2022 11:40 AM

OMG how ignorant are you? I assume we are talking about the iPhone SE currently on the market.

A 1meter lightning to USB cable is 5 bucks tops in any shop. Apple itself charges 10 bucks.

by Anonymousreply 25March 5, 2022 11:45 AM

Op, just send the phone to me, I'll charge it for you. No charge

by Anonymousreply 26March 5, 2022 11:53 AM

The ironic tragedy of humankind: as the the wealth of online information continues to grow, people become less able to do something with it.

by Anonymousreply 27March 5, 2022 12:23 PM

I don’t understand folks who are saying you need a special adapter for the charging cable. While yes, you can get one from Apple (lightning, I guess?) you don’t need that one. You can use any adapter the cable fits into. I know because I bought a new one and use both it and my old adapters just fine.

by Anonymousreply 28March 5, 2022 12:25 PM

It comes with a USBC cable, but you can use any lighting cable with a USB adapter.

Honestly I would invest in the USBC adapter, which is about 20 bucks. Your phone will charge a lot faster it you are plugging it in. You can pick one up at a Best Buy or retailer that sells Apple products.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29March 5, 2022 12:45 PM

In the Box iPhone with iOS 15 USB-C to Lightning Cable

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30March 5, 2022 12:47 PM

OP I think your should stick with tin cans attached with kitchen twine to make your calls until you become acquainted with modern technology.

by Anonymousreply 31March 5, 2022 12:50 PM

[quote]what is the paper clip looking thing that comes in the box? Anyone know?

One end is to clean the wax out of your ears. The other is to pick your teeth with.

by Anonymousreply 32March 5, 2022 12:53 PM

Here, my dear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33March 5, 2022 1:02 PM

[quote]i want a wireless charging station for this iphone se. what do you use?

Target and Walmar sell a wireless charger (a little circular mat) for like $10

by Anonymousreply 34March 5, 2022 1:04 PM

Just make sure any iPhone case is compatible with wireless chargers. Some are too thick and don’t allow for the wireless connection.

by Anonymousreply 35March 5, 2022 1:10 PM

OP, it’s obvious that you’re (technologically?) challenged. Perhaps you should consider smoke signals. Or maybe hanging lanterns from a church belfry. You know, one if by land…

by Anonymousreply 36March 5, 2022 1:18 PM

Don't forget to go to the Apple Store for the Superduper Sucker iPhone SE Protection Case - it's $139 AND IT IS REQUIRED! There's also the REQUIRED Titanium Twatbrain Screen Protector - that's $69. YOU NEED THAT OR IT DOESN'T WORK.

by Anonymousreply 37March 5, 2022 2:02 PM

Whatever you do, OP, do NOT charge your phone the nights of a full moon. It permanently damages the battery and also voids the warranty. And Apple will know.

by Anonymousreply 38March 5, 2022 2:04 PM

Just take it to a Tesla charging station, plug the USB in a slot, wait for about 4 hours, and VOILA!

by Anonymousreply 39March 5, 2022 2:09 PM

It absolutely gives me Mac PTSD reading that you buy a phone and you then have to purchase its charger.

by Anonymousreply 40March 5, 2022 2:24 PM

Other companies cheap out on including a charger, too.

I just bought a Bose Flex speaker and it came with an impractical 3-inch usb cable and no charger. I was like, WTF? I had to take another trip to the store for a proper 3-foot cable and a charger, because I like to have one for each of my devices.

by Anonymousreply 41March 5, 2022 2:40 PM

I also have an SE and I’ve had a lot of problems with it. It stopped reading the SIM card after a little over a year so I ordered a new one and it couldn’t read that one either, so I had to take it to a Verizon store (not a reseller store but a corporate one) to get it fixed.

Then it starting dying as soon as the battery got under 40%. And it’s just a year and a half old now.

Worst of all, makes calls spontaneously without me touching it or asking Siri. I disabled Siri to no avail. My previous iPhone did the same thing. It also opens random apps, files and websites on its own.

Good luck!

by Anonymousreply 42March 5, 2022 5:06 PM

Two phones in a row? That is odd. Almost seems like bullshit. Or your home computers are completely infected with viruses and worms and they pollute every cell phone you buy.

by Anonymousreply 43March 5, 2022 5:49 PM

Stick it up your ass and put your tongue in a socket. Problem solved.

by Anonymousreply 44March 5, 2022 7:46 PM

[quote]i want a wireless charging station for this iphone se. what do you use?

A lightning rod wired to a metal stretcher on my rooftop.

by Anonymousreply 45March 5, 2022 8:30 PM

"Stick it up your ass and put your tongue in a socket. Problem solved. "

I tried that the results were shocking

by Anonymousreply 46March 5, 2022 8:32 PM

What a coincidence. I lost my iPhone SE last night. But I've still got the charger.

by Anonymousreply 47March 5, 2022 8:49 PM

R43, that would be quite a trick since I’ve never connected my phone to my computer. Both my phone and computer have tons of security in any case, plus I’m not the only one I know with an SE this has happened to. I know because I was the recipient of a call from somebody sitting right next to me whose phone was in their purse.

This is a known problem with iPhones so your insults are just childish.

by Anonymousreply 48March 5, 2022 8:51 PM

Did you disable voice control on these iPhones?

by Anonymousreply 49March 5, 2022 9:01 PM

iphone SE

What else do you recommend I do to set up?

by Anonymousreply 50March 5, 2022 10:04 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!