Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is Andrew Garfield gay?

He's clearly been trying to come out for years in his own way. If you don't get it then look it up. Alas he's also a fame whore so he bearded with Emma Stone and currently is in a relationship with new beard Alyssa Miller, ex of closet case Jake Gyllenhaal.

What's the truth?

by Anonymousreply 85March 13, 2023 7:50 PM

Go back to bed, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1March 1, 2022 10:24 PM

I will once I get proper answers!

by Anonymousreply 2March 1, 2022 10:26 PM

yes

by Anonymousreply 3March 1, 2022 10:28 PM

I've heard no definite stories yet. But there's lots to indicate he's bi.

by Anonymousreply 4March 1, 2022 10:30 PM

I know he is unattractive.

by Anonymousreply 5March 1, 2022 10:30 PM

Is EVERYBODY gay???

by Anonymousreply 6March 1, 2022 10:30 PM

I think he's at least bi and is definitely struggling with himself about it. He seems uncomfortable and nervous when the topic gets brought up but I'm not sure whether that's because he hasn't completely accepted it himself, or he has but for whatever reason doesn't feel comfortable confronting it publicly.

by Anonymousreply 7March 1, 2022 10:32 PM

The one thing that flags me:

In the Sony email hack, where we saw those execs would talk about ANYTHING, there were a few mentions of Andrew and Emma making out and hooking up all over the place, and at inappropriate times too.

by Anonymousreply 8March 1, 2022 10:35 PM

R7 I think he's accepted it and he wants to be open about it but Hollywood is homophobic. So he started making bullshit claims about being "straight but open to any impulse that may arise" because that's the best he could do without destroying his career. I know people said he was thirsty for attention but he's been hinting at liking men before it was cool to be "queer". He campaigned quite heavily for his Spiderman to be bisexual back in the day, which is a huge risk for a young actor aiming to be A-list. And I think he definitely paid the price judging by the drought that followed. But I appreciate how he never stopped hinting at his bisexuality, not even now that he's making a comeback.

by Anonymousreply 9March 1, 2022 10:38 PM

[quote]The one thing that flags me: In the Sony email hack, where we saw those execs would talk about ANYTHING, there were a few mentions of Andrew and Emma making out and hooking up all over the place, and at inappropriate times too.

Oh, dear. Oh, dear

by Anonymousreply 10March 1, 2022 10:40 PM

he strikes me as the type who wouldn't care what others thought if he was gay or bi

by Anonymousreply 11March 1, 2022 10:43 PM

Where can I read these R8? The Sony email hack had some pretty juicy stuff from memory but I only ever saw the headlines.

by Anonymousreply 12March 1, 2022 10:47 PM

Still thinking about that kiss with Stephen Colbert. They both enjoyed it.šŸ˜š

by Anonymousreply 13March 1, 2022 10:51 PM

Andrew Garfield is so gay...

even his uterus is tilted

by Anonymousreply 14March 1, 2022 10:55 PM

[quote] I think he's at least bi and is definitely struggling with himself about it. He seems uncomfortable and nervous when the topic gets brought up.

Oh, yes, so "uncomfortable" that he did a full-on kiss with Stephen Colbert on national TV. Your thoughts about that, R7?

by Anonymousreply 15March 1, 2022 10:55 PM

^ he likes a nice curved dick

by Anonymousreply 16March 1, 2022 10:56 PM

He's so sexy. When the trailer shows him in the clip on streaming for "tick, tick... BOOM!" he sashays his ass (which you can just see the very top of) when he walks up to the front of the room to say, "Hello, my name is Jonathan Larson."

My sense of him is that he may age really well in his 40s. (It's hard to believe he's already 38.)

by Anonymousreply 17March 1, 2022 10:57 PM

Even if he were gay, he wouldn't go near OP anyway. The answer YES or NO won't change OP's life either.

by Anonymousreply 18March 1, 2022 11:26 PM

He's so mediocre. Bland as shit.

by Anonymousreply 19March 1, 2022 11:30 PM

Hardly bold is it R15? Colbert is married and it was for the amusement of the audience. It's all fun to play at being gay, like he did with Ryan Reynolds, but another to actually engage with it meaningfully.

by Anonymousreply 20March 1, 2022 11:42 PM

He roomed with Eddie Redmayne and Jamie Dornan when they all first arrived in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 21March 2, 2022 12:03 AM

R20, they enjoyed it. Big diff

by Anonymousreply 22March 2, 2022 12:05 AM

Prob bi or pan

by Anonymousreply 23March 2, 2022 12:09 AM

No, he's definitely a narcissistic straight man who knows that he'll get more attention if he keeps the press guessing. These guys are way more scared of being irrelevant than being seen as effeminate and gay. A true closet case is an actor who is obsessed with seeming straight, but it's so apparent they aren't. Ie John Travolta and Tom Cruise. He gets his role from being the straight, yet sensitive man a la Harry Styles. And straight girls love the idea of turning a somewhat masculine gay man almost just as much as gays love the idea of turning a masculine straight man.

by Anonymousreply 24March 2, 2022 12:13 AM

[quote]Prob bi or pan

Or Narcissistic PD

by Anonymousreply 25March 2, 2022 12:13 AM

I hope not. The ladies can have him.

by Anonymousreply 26March 2, 2022 12:17 AM

I'm skeptical. I don't think a closet case would have been down with that SNL skit he and Emma did about being horribly awkward at kissing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27March 2, 2022 12:20 AM

I think he's mostly straight but with bi or gay tendencies and hooks up with a hot guy from time to time.

by Anonymousreply 28March 2, 2022 12:30 AM

[quote]Hardly bold is it [R15]? Colbert is married and it was for the amusement of the audience. It's all fun to play at being gay, like he did with Ryan Reynolds, but another to actually engage with it meaningfully.

I guess there's SOME truth to that, but the fact remains that someone who was "uncomfortable" and "nervous" about the idea that he might be gay would absolutely not engage in a deep, long, on-the-mouth kiss with another man on television. And I'm sure you must realize that, unless you're incredibly stupid.

by Anonymousreply 29March 2, 2022 2:35 AM

Well, he hasn't yet sucked my dick.

"Yet"? Such optimism.

Win on the 27th, Andrew. You deserve it.

by Anonymousreply 30March 2, 2022 2:56 AM

Is he really considered some kind of heartthrob? I find him unattractive physically and heā€™s always making it worse with his weird pretentious facial expressions in his endless promotional photoshoots.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31March 2, 2022 3:38 AM

He's GAY...gay,gay,gay ,gay and gay!! DL, don't act fucking stupid. Andrew is a HOMO, who doesn't want to be a HOMO!! Miss Holland GAY, DiCrapio GAY(now fat with a giant head). And so many more!!

by Anonymousreply 32March 2, 2022 3:38 AM

[quote]I find him unattractive physically

You might want to schedule to have your eyes checked sooner rather than later. Or, maybe the problem is just that your taste is in your ass.

by Anonymousreply 33March 2, 2022 3:43 AM

He probably takes so much Propecia he can't get it up for anyone.

His dad and brother made cameos on his last Colbert appearance. Both are bald as cueballs.

by Anonymousreply 34March 2, 2022 3:44 AM

Who knows? No one has offered an even slightly convincing take on his sexuality. Heā€™s cute, sexy and talented. Heā€™s done some fine work. Thatā€™s all I know or care about. After all, little chance heā€™ll suck my dick.

by Anonymousreply 35March 2, 2022 3:46 AM

R29. Maybe. I can be quite stupid.

That suggests he's just a queer-baiting straight guy though. Kind of kills some of the appeal for me.

by Anonymousreply 36March 2, 2022 4:57 AM

R36, what exactly is it that suggests he's a "queer-baiting" straight guy, rather than just a cool guy who, whatever his sexual orientation, isn't afraid to kiss another man full on the mouth on TV? To me, it's all about attitude and perception, and I think you're perception is way off.

by Anonymousreply 37March 2, 2022 12:11 PM

I get Andrew Garfield mixed up with Tom Holland. Both bland, both in similar movies, both twats.

by Anonymousreply 38March 2, 2022 10:05 PM

Holland is one that I canā€™t believe heā€™s str8. And he reminds me of Mr. Cruise.

by Anonymousreply 39March 2, 2022 10:22 PM

I watched the Mcguire and Holland Spiderman movies. After watching the latest "No Way Home", I am curious about the Garfield Spiderman movies. Are they any good?

by Anonymousreply 40March 2, 2022 10:29 PM

righ OP, they're all closet cases and you're sane, right??

by Anonymousreply 41March 2, 2022 10:30 PM

Btw, Molina and DeFoe look great in No Way Home, but Tobey Mcguire looks very old and worn out! How do the older guys look better then him 20+ years later?

by Anonymousreply 42March 2, 2022 10:32 PM

R40. No, not really. I barely remember 2 but Garfield's Parker is a dick in the first one.

by Anonymousreply 43March 3, 2022 2:28 AM

R43 They told him to act like an American.

by Anonymousreply 44March 3, 2022 2:31 AM

R42 Molina at least had some cgi help.

by Anonymousreply 45March 3, 2022 2:32 AM

[quote]In the Sony email hack, where we saw those execs would talk about ANYTHING, there were a few mentions of Andrew and Emma making out and hooking up all over the place, and at inappropriate times too.

The observation that Garfield and Stone were constantly making out came from, of all people, Simon Halls, who knows a thing or two about keeping people inside or out of the closet.

Personally Garfield strikes me as a narcissist theater kid who started out with bisexual tendencies (this is really how many male theater kids are) and subsequently veered gayer as he grew older.

by Anonymousreply 46March 3, 2022 2:36 AM

R27 R29 Is there a word for it? Something like a double agent? Maybe he's such a great actor that he can play a straight guy who is comfortable with his sexuality?

by Anonymousreply 47March 3, 2022 3:23 PM

According to this video, he is not like Tom Holland. In this thread someone alleged that Holland is like Tom Cruise by calling him Mrs Holland. So I guess Andrew is def not gay, so all that's left is bisexual or straight. Maybe you'll find out something else after you've watched the video?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48March 3, 2022 3:27 PM

I honestly feel like if he was actually gay he would have no problem coming out. He's just one of those guys who is comfortable in his sexuality so doesn't feel the need to overly posture and lean into masculine stereotypes. Good for him.

by Anonymousreply 49March 3, 2022 4:17 PM

Sometimes actors want to come out, but their management team etc. advise against it. Those types usually drop hints or are coy in their answers (or non answers) instead of confirming outright.

by Anonymousreply 50March 3, 2022 4:22 PM

R49 You can't be serious? An ambitious actor like Andrew would have every problem coming out because it is career suicide. Hollywood isn't all sunshine and rainbows, it's homophobic as hell. So instead, he's doing what R50 described.

by Anonymousreply 51March 3, 2022 6:23 PM

R48 Holland is just super thirsty for attention, and he knows he can more easily get it from men than women.

by Anonymousreply 52March 3, 2022 8:47 PM

Rat face.

by Anonymousreply 53March 3, 2022 8:54 PM

The best description Iā€™ve ever heard of Andrew Garfield is that he looks like a gay chinchilla.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54March 3, 2022 8:56 PM

How's your gaydar?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55March 4, 2022 1:12 AM

He's not gay; he's European.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56March 4, 2022 1:12 AM

Their contract must have ended after Oscar season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57April 2, 2022 4:46 PM

He's a big ol' Nellie

so if he's not - it's his loss

by Anonymousreply 58April 2, 2022 5:18 PM

I think he isn't, because he was the worst Prior Walter I've ever seen in any production of ANGELS IN AMERICA, and I've seen about 6. Just dreadful. He screeched for 8 hours in some kind of nelly "interpretation" of a gay man. He was just unbearable to watch, but of course, her's not a good actor, period.

by Anonymousreply 59April 2, 2022 5:30 PM

Not gay

by Anonymousreply 60April 2, 2022 5:32 PM

If he'd like to become a practicing homosexual, Andrew is more than welcome to practice on me.

by Anonymousreply 61April 2, 2022 6:01 PM

Yuck. He's all yours, R61. He's the epitome of British bland.

by Anonymousreply 62April 2, 2022 6:06 PM

[quote]Is Andrew Garfield gross?

by Anonymousreply 63April 3, 2022 1:48 AM

He said he is straight but very open to impulse, you know who hasnā€™t confirmed they are straight but gets mad when people asked? Tom Hardyā€¦..

by Anonymousreply 64April 3, 2022 1:53 AM

He recently spoke on GMA about the "societal pressure to have kids by 40 (which I'm guessing he still doesn't)". So you just know he's gay

by Anonymousreply 65November 24, 2022 5:18 AM

He has a beautiful head of hair, gorgeous pits...I seriously doubt he's gay.

by Anonymousreply 66November 24, 2022 5:28 AM

R1 The truth is you will never know because he's not passing up on all those opportunities and money.

by Anonymousreply 67November 24, 2022 5:29 AM

r66 WTF???

by Anonymousreply 68November 24, 2022 5:29 AM

Shawn and Andrew were happy to see each other at the Vanity Fairā€™s post-Oscar party

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69March 13, 2023 4:29 PM

Aawww

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70March 13, 2023 4:29 PM

He needs to stop with the facework

He will be ready to play Mame soon

by Anonymousreply 71March 13, 2023 4:31 PM

There to co-present the Original Screenplay award

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72March 13, 2023 4:34 PM

Oh Lavern Gurlfriend!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73March 13, 2023 4:36 PM

He looks less happy to see her

by Anonymousreply 74March 13, 2023 4:38 PM

R74: he does doesnā€™t he

by Anonymousreply 75March 13, 2023 4:41 PM

No way ! Andy is all man and not afraid to show it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76March 13, 2023 4:41 PM

[quote] I will once I get proper answers!

You already answered your own question in the original post. Why do you need other people to agree with you? Grow the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 77March 13, 2023 4:46 PM

R76: OMG is that his real dick, or prosthetic?

by Anonymousreply 78March 13, 2023 4:50 PM

His hair on the dudes and back is suspiciously voluminous. The way one might style it to help the wig blend well.

by Anonymousreply 79March 13, 2023 4:56 PM

Svelte!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80March 13, 2023 5:47 PM

r76, that's obviously just been created on the computer using deepfake technology. That is absolutely not his real dick.

But I do have a bridge I'd like to sell you in Brooklyn...

by Anonymousreply 81March 13, 2023 6:01 PM

R81: phew thatā€™s a relief

And which bridge in Brooklyn?

by Anonymousreply 82March 13, 2023 7:37 PM

I told you he was gay:

Unexpected pairings abound. Laverne Cox in a skintight black gown towers at least a foot above a very chummy Andrew Garfield, in an oversized crayon-red jacket that makes him look even more shrunken, and they have so much to talk about.

ā€œI donā€™t think Andrew would mind me saying this, but heā€™s obsessed with ā€˜Ru Paulā€™s Drag Race,ā€™ and thatā€™s what we first bonded over,ā€ Cox says.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83March 13, 2023 7:42 PM

Hope these two went home together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84March 13, 2023 7:49 PM

Is he a Jewish artist?

by Anonymousreply 85March 13, 2023 7:50 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!