Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Courteney Cox Regrets Getting So Much Work Done On Her Face: 'I'm Actually Looking Really Strange'

I remember back when Friends was on and there was a season where you could tell she had a lot of work done and she looked different. She was fucking with her face since she was in her 30s. She shouldn’t have.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78July 21, 2022 3:20 PM

Please don’t link to that hideous bridge troll. All I can think about when I see his name are his poor, most likely abused children. It’s too sad to think about.

Is there another link?

by Anonymousreply 1February 24, 2022 12:29 AM

People who gain fame because of their looks have a really hard time dealing with the realities of aging. And it's not just actors. We're about to see a whole generation of instagramers hit the wall.

by Anonymousreply 2February 24, 2022 12:29 AM

Courtney Cox was scarier than Ghostface in the new SCREAM

by Anonymousreply 3February 24, 2022 12:29 AM

Did no one tell her she was getting carried away?

by Anonymousreply 4February 24, 2022 10:54 AM

[quote] We're about to see a whole generation of instagramers hit the wall.

So many already are and they aren’t even old yet. They have a completely distorted view of something simple like the size of their inflated lips.

by Anonymousreply 5February 24, 2022 11:27 AM

She would look so much better if she just gained 10 pounds

by Anonymousreply 6February 24, 2022 11:35 AM

Won’t click on a Perez link. But I really like Courtney.

by Anonymousreply 7February 24, 2022 11:38 AM

She looks like a drag queen now.

by Anonymousreply 8February 24, 2022 11:40 AM

Live by the meatface, die by the meatface.

by Anonymousreply 9February 24, 2022 11:41 AM

Hollywood pressure. If you don’t get plastic surgery presumably to look younger you don’t get work. Look at Redford who resisted it for years and gave in to get work. He now looks bizarre.

People like Jane Fonda seemed to have good surgeons. Perhaps she resisted doing too much. Cox has ruined her face as evidenced by her recent guest appearance on Graham Norton’s chat show where her face looked deformed.

by Anonymousreply 10February 24, 2022 11:41 AM

R8 Jennifer doesn't look much better. She always looks puffy.

by Anonymousreply 11February 24, 2022 12:04 PM

Armando still has a blog, whaddya know?

by Anonymousreply 12February 24, 2022 12:08 PM

R10 She also seemed super nervous and uncomfortable in that episode

by Anonymousreply 13February 24, 2022 12:09 PM

Agreed r13. Wasn’t sure if she was just a bit nervous about Norton’s style of chat which can be a bit unpredictable?

by Anonymousreply 14February 24, 2022 12:26 PM

Old news, resurrected. She said way back in 2019 that she was dissolving the fillers.

Years ago, when I was going to the dermatologist for rosacea, I saw advertisements in the office for those fillers that featured her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15February 24, 2022 12:27 PM

Courteney started way too young. You can have maybe two face lifts in your lifetime if you have the perfect skin for it and don't smoke. The effects should last 10-12 years, so to start in your thirties is madness.

by Anonymousreply 16February 24, 2022 12:29 PM

OT, but that website is such a mess. Sorry I clicked.

by Anonymousreply 17February 24, 2022 12:30 PM

I kind of thought it looks like her work was settling a bit in Scream. But she still had a bit of duck lip on on.

by Anonymousreply 18February 24, 2022 12:34 PM

Whatever Happened to Baby Courtney?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19February 24, 2022 12:45 PM

CoutEney

Sorry

by Anonymousreply 20February 24, 2022 12:47 PM

Well, it keeps her name in the media. God knows she's not interesting, talented, or intelligent.

by Anonymousreply 21February 24, 2022 12:47 PM

I don’t get why actors/actresses who have extensive “work done” find it easier to get cast in roles…especially when said roles are meant to be regular people and not plastic celebrities. In real life, people age and few can afford (or likely want) expensive fillers, Botox and surgery.

by Anonymousreply 22February 24, 2022 12:57 PM

[quote] [R10] She also seemed super nervous and uncomfortable in that episode

I like Courtney but she has always come across as having a nervous energy during interviews.

by Anonymousreply 23February 24, 2022 1:00 PM

I think she started doing drugs while with Arquette and lost the thread. Probably suffers depression. I wish her peace.

by Anonymousreply 24February 24, 2022 1:05 PM

How’s her ass looking?

by Anonymousreply 25February 24, 2022 1:15 PM

OLD FUCKING STORY, OP. Also, you read TRASH!! Bravo, trash reader.

by Anonymousreply 26February 24, 2022 1:18 PM

Both Courtney and Jennifer should go to Lisa Whelchel's surgeon.

by Anonymousreply 27February 24, 2022 1:23 PM

I don't think the best face work is done in LA. anymore. Too extreme. The ones that have had the best work slip away to more discreet places and techniques.

by Anonymousreply 28February 24, 2022 1:33 PM

You all know it’s not only about the surgery, but about your face also? Some faces look fine with plastic surgery. Some don’t.

by Anonymousreply 29February 24, 2022 3:18 PM

Aren’t New York surgeons more conservative?

There used to be a great surgeon in San Francisco known for doing subtle work. I think he did Dixie Carter’s facelifts.

by Anonymousreply 30February 24, 2022 3:45 PM

EEESH! What the Hell?

by Anonymousreply 31February 24, 2022 5:40 PM

I do have a serious question for anyone in the business. Is Cox universally hated? Why was she the only one never to be nominated for an Emmy?

by Anonymousreply 32February 24, 2022 6:19 PM

Wow she's hit the wall. Up til just a couple years ago she looked incredible, one of the best surgery recipients. She has no fat under her skin to plump it out.

by Anonymousreply 33February 24, 2022 6:35 PM

I have never heard of Cox being an object of hatred.

by Anonymousreply 34February 24, 2022 6:51 PM

Neither have I.

by Anonymousreply 35February 24, 2022 7:06 PM

She look-a like-a…

Well, you know.

by Anonymousreply 36February 24, 2022 7:26 PM

She looks like Jenny McCarthy now.

She started out with a lean face.

I watch the Lorry Hill YT videos and the young actresses are doing buccal (cheek) fat removal to get the lean, sculpted look. So dumb! In 10 years, they'll all be getting injections and implants and regretting it.

by Anonymousreply 37February 24, 2022 7:32 PM

R19 Holy shit! That's unrecognizable territory.

by Anonymousreply 38February 24, 2022 7:34 PM

I've heard rumors that she is or was a huge bitch, but then all the Friends cast were bitches.

by Anonymousreply 39February 24, 2022 8:52 PM

R39 you pulled that all out of your ass. I've never heard about any of these cast members being "bitches".

by Anonymousreply 40February 24, 2022 9:02 PM

Google is your friend dear.

by Anonymousreply 41February 24, 2022 9:06 PM

Google seems to be the friend of kindergarten level cunting.

by Anonymousreply 42February 24, 2022 9:09 PM

So true!

by Anonymousreply 43February 24, 2022 9:42 PM

Courteney beat out Kristin Davis and Demi Moore for the role of the Joker in the next Batman movie. No makeup artistry required.

by Anonymousreply 44February 24, 2022 9:47 PM

She says she stopped fucking with her face around 2016-17. She certainly looks better now than she did then.

by Anonymousreply 45February 24, 2022 10:53 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46February 25, 2022 1:34 AM

Those Lindsay Lohan photos have been Photoshop'd to the extreme. No freckles, even.

by Anonymousreply 47February 25, 2022 2:10 AM

She looked her worst on Cougar Town. I loved the show, it was very funny, but it was hard to watch the final season and see her once beautiful face ravaged by plastic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 48February 25, 2022 2:21 AM

I enjoyed Cox on both Family Ties and Friends. Not the greatest actress, but solid and had something spunky about her. She was insanely beautiful when she first started out.

by Anonymousreply 49February 25, 2022 2:37 AM

R47, I didn't want to post her Instagram page because it doesn't always allow nonmembers to access it

Those were photoshopped to death, but her face still looks good. And she looks better than she ever has.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50February 25, 2022 4:09 AM

very pretty

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51February 25, 2022 4:11 AM

[Quote] I watch the Lorry Hill YT videos and the young actresses are doing buccal (cheek) fat removal to get the lean, sculpted look. So dumb! In 10 years, they'll all be getting injections and implants and regretting it.

And it's going to look terrible. Jada Pinkett's was a mess.

by Anonymousreply 52February 25, 2022 4:11 AM

Lindsay had to lose weight for that gym commercial. Had to look like someone who actually works out. She's so tiny even normal weight makes her look carbface.

by Anonymousreply 53February 25, 2022 5:30 AM

R32 Cox is the worst actor of the bunch (not that she’s horrific or necessarily bad, especially in comedy) but, yeah, then I’d say Matt LeBlanc is right up there with her or not far behind. Same with Schwimmer.. Aniston, Perry, and Kudrow are all able to give more, IMO.

by Anonymousreply 54February 25, 2022 5:44 AM

Lindsey reminds me of Tiffany the singer back.in the 80s.

by Anonymousreply 55February 25, 2022 7:54 AM

I've never heard of her.

by Anonymousreply 56February 25, 2022 8:07 AM

I feel like I live in a parallel dimension sometimes and I am the only person who retains information from the news longer than the blink of an eye.

Cox made the exact same public statement five years ago. She got headlines in all the celeb/gossip and mainstream news.

I can only imagine that her management knew no one would remember that she already did this and decided to make a 'brave' statement again about the exact same thing.

I feel like the collective memory is just wiped clean and we keep being fed the same bullshit year after year with almost no one realizing it's all happened before.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57February 25, 2022 8:18 AM

It's NOT new news, R57. OP Is an IDIOT with no information literacy, and linking to RETARDED DESPERATE OLD QUEEN Perez.

by Anonymousreply 58February 25, 2022 8:31 AM

[quote]Courteney started way too young. You can have maybe two face lifts in your lifetime if you have the perfect skin for it and don't smoke. The effects should last 10-12 years, so to start in your thirties is madness.

THIS! My mom had a face lift in her mid-to-late fifties, and then some minor work on her crows feet in her late 60's, and that was it. She really did look 10 years younger than her age (up until she died at 92) without looking weird/tight/plastic. Like many of her generation she was a "social smoker" & sun-worshipper in her younger years, but stopped all that by her mid-40s, and was kind of militant about her skin care routine.

by Anonymousreply 59February 25, 2022 8:57 AM

Forget about DANCING with The Boss, she got held by Dolph lundgren in Masters of the Universe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60March 1, 2022 1:23 AM

Springsteen would have tossed her back. Instead of "Heyyy, baby!", it would be "No way, baby!", and he would have kissed Clarence Clemmons again.

by Anonymousreply 61March 1, 2022 1:35 AM

I've shared this here before, but Courteney's mum (who's also named Courteney) was a horrendous drug addict in her hometown of Birmingham, AL. Once CC achieved some 'Friends' fame, she bought her mum a bakery in Birmingham to, "keep her busy." I'm not sure how that panned out, but at least she cared enough to throw her mum a bone.

by Anonymousreply 62March 1, 2022 2:06 AM

A mother’s little helper kind of addict or…?

by Anonymousreply 63March 1, 2022 8:02 AM

R62 was crack baked into the cookies?

by Anonymousreply 64March 2, 2022 12:21 AM

I actually thinks she looks beautiful in the more recent photos that show the fillers gone. These are recent photos, right?

by Anonymousreply 65March 2, 2022 11:26 AM

She was really good as a ruthless bitch in the first two Scream movies. When you're that believable in a role, it' probably isn't being fake.

She also seemed a little bit older than her age in the 90s. Some of it was her face, but mostly her demeanor. It was much more common back then for people to carry themselves like actual adults right when they became one.

by Anonymousreply 66May 18, 2022 8:00 PM

Ironically, Courteney Cox would have aged gracefully. She didn’t need the plastic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 67May 18, 2022 8:26 PM

She would have been a pretty older woman. Instead, she’s a freak show performer. All these plastic women are assholes.

by Anonymousreply 68May 19, 2022 4:42 AM

R68 not all plastic women.

by Anonymousreply 69May 20, 2022 12:55 AM

Yes, when you're that believable in a role, it's probably not just acting.

At least Courteney is honest about her face. I've seen bigger disasters who won't own up to it.

Also, her plastic surgery fits the Gale Weathers character.

by Anonymousreply 70May 20, 2022 1:43 PM

[quote] I don’t get why actors/actresses who have extensive “work done” find it easier to get cast in roles

Because most of the casting and producing people live in the same LA bubble as the actresses and so buy into the same plastic surgery trends. The bizarro world of warped faces is normalized for them. It’s like a human version of all the over-the-top and unnecessary CGI in US films now. I enjoy watching tv and films from other countries that features neither.

by Anonymousreply 71May 20, 2022 1:53 PM

What R71 said, and also, as Joan Rivers said, the stigma is against looking old, not looking strange or funny.

It's basically like American-style racism: people who look black are automatically treated poorly. Darker-skinned black people are oatracized by lighter-skinned black people; light-skinned black people are still seen as black by white people, who don't differentiate as much among shades—they just see black when they see black features, hair, etc.

It's the same with age in entertainment. People especially in the industry but also among audiences see everything else and then they see "OLD." Old trumps everything else. We can look at someone like Nicole Kidman who has disfigured herself and can be hard to look at and feel sorry for her, distracted, etc., but we still don't see her as old per se. If we did, we wouldn't buy her in the range of roles we do accept freaky-looking Nicole in. We are all very biased against old-looking women—they can't be sexy, they can't be vital, they can't be active or inspiring.

Joan Rivers said her job is comedy, and no one would ever pay to laugh at a little old 80-something wrinkly woman's jokes about stupid young pop stars' ugly clothes, but they will laugh at a bizarre-looking comedian's jokes.

My favorite musician Tori Amos has publicized her struggle with aging and it has resulted in a lot of cosmetic procedures. When she was young, she always lamented that men can be old sexy rock stars and women get shelved before they are 40. In her mid-40s, her record label totally neglected her and basically told her to go away. She had some surgeries that made her strange looking and a lot of fans got upset with her, saying they thought she was better than resorting to plastic surgery. She then made music about how despressing it was to turn 50, to deal with being made obsolete in her industry, to no longer be sexy to people or to herself, to have to wear glasses to see, and all the other stuff that comes with aging. Her music started getting better and her surgeries/procedures arguably did, too. She's now making truly great music again, and at 58, her fans gush to her about how great she looks.

We can say it's terrible that women disfigure themselves but we reward them for doing it when we regard the cutting and pasting as successful.

It's not really a subjective thing, either; it's objectively provable. Women in the public eye who have lots of cosmetic surgeries work longer and make more money in general. There are some outliers (are all of them British actresses?), but otherwise, it's a hard and fast rule. Even people like Meryl Streep and Glenn Close, who are known as serious actresses who are not known for being particularly gorgeous, have had a lot of cosmetic upkeep done so as not to look like old ladies and lose their careers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72May 21, 2022 3:20 PM

[quote] Is there another link?

Yes, she held a press conference during which she announced to all attending media that her face was looking strange because of all the work she’d had done, then she took questions.

You EXHAUSTING QUEEN.

by Anonymousreply 73May 21, 2022 3:36 PM

She’s a whore and don’t she KNOW it

by Anonymousreply 74May 21, 2022 3:45 PM

There's a "circle jerk" joke/line in "Scream 4" and according to the dvd/bluray audio commentary, Courteney didn't know what it meant. This is more common than you think. Actresses (even the most experienced ones) can be pretty naive/ignorant. A lot of them don't even realize when a writer/producer/director is being pervy unless their being totally direct about it.

by Anonymousreply 75July 21, 2022 8:48 AM

I saw a wealthy young(ish) woman early 30’s eating at the bar in Nordstom’s restaurant, and though she looked fine from the front, her profile looked like Amanda LePore, her the edges of her lips were strained and exaggerated from injections with slight fine lines. You could see she’d tried to camouflage them with lipstick, yet only drawing more attention to them!

I have watched closely how my mother aged. She is of Irish/English/Scottish descent. We hairstylists call it “cheap Irish skin” because if Irish women color their hair, the skin is extremely porous, absorbs everything and dark haircolor stains the hairline badly. As we age, the skin then becomes much thinner and crepe like, I’ve lost all the “baby fat” collagen in the lower part of my face in my 40’s when I lost a lot of weight. Your color changes from ruddy and peach to more of a blueish museum white- because the blood and capillaries become more visible underneath, and your body creates less melatonin and tan.

When you get injections, the body creates slight scarring at the injection site, sort of like when you piece your ears. What happens is as the subcutaneous skin becomes thinner, those scars lift to the surface and create a visible “ripple”, like seeing a dog’s chew toy under a bed sheet, MARY!

No thanks.

by Anonymousreply 76July 21, 2022 9:11 AM

Goddamn, I cannot stand that jerk Perez Hilton. I hate the way he exploits his kids, and he's just a CRAP person.

by Anonymousreply 77July 21, 2022 9:23 AM

Perez Hilton is a typical aspies sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 78July 21, 2022 3:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!