Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Alec Baldwin really fucked up.

I've come to that conclusion after watching Yellowstone over the weekend.

It made me wonder what Kevin Costner thinks of what happened on the set of "Rust."

Costner and Yellowstone use a plethora of guns and rifles in every episode. That show has been on since 2018, and they haven't had one accident.

Supernatural is another show I watch, that uses guns and weapons of all sorts. That show was on the air for 15 years, and not one accident.

Then you have Alec Baldwin's movie, and from the moment filming starts - there were problems. Leading up to the fatality.

It just shows that Alec and his team were completely lax about gun safety.

Of course I wasn't on set, but the proof is right there in what happened to Ms. Hutchins.

by Anonymousreply 36August 17, 2022 3:49 PM

OP, what rational adult with a moral compass kills an employee on set and then proceeds to spam social media with happy snappy pics of his spawn and revolting wife? At the same time crying that he himself is the VICTIM? He's gone beyond doing himself no favours. He's well into Norma Desmond fantasy ideation. When the trial starts it's going to be a shattering awakening for him.

Just imagine the pics of his wife clinging to him with her thousand watt smile, making it all about her. Vomitorium.

by Anonymousreply 1February 23, 2022 12:40 AM

It’s ironic. Don’t you think?

by Anonymousreply 2February 23, 2022 12:41 AM

There's a lot of cost cutting schemes, tax dodging and union undermining that goes on in this industry - even so-called liberals engage in it. So-called liberals that don't directly engage in it will still go along with all kinds of shady and hypocritical shit in order to get something made.

by Anonymousreply 3February 24, 2022 1:06 PM

So this is Thursday's Captain Obvious thread?

by Anonymousreply 4February 24, 2022 1:14 PM

I think he was framed. The guy has a lot of enemies.

by Anonymousreply 5February 24, 2022 1:21 PM

Alec Baldwin is his own worst enemy, R5.

The guy has had bad publicity for decades.

This is just the latest incident.

by Anonymousreply 6February 24, 2022 7:42 PM

R3 is likely right but Baldwin has handled all of this *so* badly. I think people always knew it, but it exposed how crazy & completely around the bend he is. In all seriousness, I don't think he's going to get past this. He won't be around much longer

by Anonymousreply 7February 24, 2022 8:16 PM

Baldwin has rage issues but, from what I her, this was a really troubled production. Most film and tv shows that use weapons don't use live rounds anymore, they CGI them in for safety reasons and I think this incident will make it mandatory. No one should lose their life over a crap film that'll end up on Hulu in three months.

by Anonymousreply 8February 24, 2022 8:38 PM

[quote] Halyna Hutchins’ Husband Describes Reaction To Tearful Alec Baldwin Interview: “Are We Really Supposed To Feel Bad About You, Mr. Baldwin?”

“Every holiday, Christmas, New Year’s, our anniversary, my birthday, Valentine’s Day, I mean, every holiday is difficult without her,” Matt Hutchins, who filed a wrongful death lawsuit last week against Rust producers and Alec Baldwin over the death of his wife Halyna Hutchins, said this morning on Today.

Speaking to Hoda Kotb, Hutchins described an early phone call with Baldwin shortly after the death of Halyna Hutchins. “I feel like to understand that moment you have to remember the shock we were in,” he said. “I spoke to Mr. Baldwin and was just looking for a way through the storm. There were a lot of emotions, for sure, on both sides.”

Hutchins said that later, after seeing Baldwin’s tearful interview on ABC News, his feelings shifted. “Watching him I just felt so angry to see him talk about her death publicly in such a detailed way and then not accepting any responsibility after he just described killing her…Hearing him blame Halyna in the interview and shift responsibility to others and seeing him cry about it, I just feel like, are we really supposed to feel bad about you Mr. Baldwin?”

After filing a wrongful-death lawsuit last week against Rust producers and Alec Baldwin over the death of Halyna Hutchins, her husband Matt Hutchins told Today’s Hoda Kotb that he was “so angry” at the actor for his ABC News interview, and found it absurd that the Oscar nominee finds himself “not responsible” for the death of the cinematographer.

However, even with the Hutchins estate wrongful death suit and other lawsuits already filed, no one has been arrested or charged in the fatal shooting yet as police continue to probe what actually occurred. “The investigation remains open and ongoing,” Juan Rios of the Santa Fe Sheriff’s Office told Deadline.

Halyna Hutchins was killed by a live bullet in a prop gun discharged by Baldwin on Oct. 21, 2021 on the set of Rust at the Bonanza Creek Ranch near Sante Fe, New Mexico. “I didn’t pull the trigger,” Baldwin told ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos in a Dec. 2 interview. The Aviator and The Marrying Man actor also told Stephanopoulos, “I have been told by people who are in the know, in terms of even inside the state, that it’s highly unlikely that I would be charged with anything criminally.”

“The idea that the person holding the gun and causing it to discharge is not responsible is absurd to me,” Hutchins tells Kotb in an interview that will air tomorrow in full on Today.

“Watching him I just felt so angry,” Hutchins tells Hoda. “I was just so angry to see him talk about her death so publicly in such a detailed way and then to not accept any responsibility after having just described killing her.”

“But gun safety was not the only problem on that set. There were a number of industry standards that were not practiced and there’s multiple responsible parties,” Hutchins added about the indie production which allegedly was cutting corners.

Hours after Hutchins’ estate filed a Feb. 15 lawsuit against Baldwin and the Rust producers, the latter defended in a statement to Deadline “any claim that Alec was reckless is entirely false” and pointed to others who they believe are responsible for the death of Halyna Hutchins.

“He (Baldwin), Halyna and the rest of the crew relied on the statement by the two professionals responsible for checking the gun that it was a ‘cold gun’ – meaning there is no possibility of a discharge, blank or otherwise,” the statement continued from team Rust.

“This protocol has worked on thousands of films, with millions of discharges, as there has never before been an incident on a set where an actual bullet harmed anyone,” concluded team Rust‘s remarks, “Actors should be able to rely on armorers and prop department professionals, as well as assistant directors, rather than deciding on their own when a gun is safe to use.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9February 24, 2022 8:55 PM

Hoda actually did a nice job with this interview and kept him on track, although there seemed to be a lot of editing and cutting......

Much better than GAYle would have done......

by Anonymousreply 10February 24, 2022 9:26 PM

There's been too many deaths from guns on films sets. Working weapons should be banned in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 11February 24, 2022 11:59 PM

FBI report

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12August 14, 2022 2:11 AM

Will probably be charged with involuntary manslaughter since there was no intent or premeditation, with all signs pointing to an accident.

by Anonymousreply 13August 14, 2022 2:47 AM

I don't believe SNL has even once touched on Baldwin's murder.

Quite a contrast from the Claudine Longet jokes. Video seems oddly unavailable online.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14August 14, 2022 3:09 AM

Baldwin is lying about not pulling the trigger. However, he was handed a gun with a bullet. I mean, WTF. That's total bullshit . It was called as a COLD GUN. He is not responsible. Being a horrible douche does not make him responsible. The armorer fucked up, and maybe fucked up do to a messy production. And Alec as producer has responsibility in that. But the armorer is full of shit and did a shitty job on that accident plagued shoot.

by Anonymousreply 15August 14, 2022 3:18 AM

How much of Alec’s fortune is at stake? He likely has a lot of his money tied up in LLCs and trusts that can’t be touched, right? Overseas accounts? Will this lawsuit dramatically affect his lifestyle?

by Anonymousreply 16August 14, 2022 3:21 AM

R1 Yes, Alec is Trump-levels repugnant; explains why he is able to capture his essence. “Real knows Real” as we say in the hood.

by Anonymousreply 17August 14, 2022 5:27 AM

Supernatural always used “rubber” guns, as far as I’m aware. I mean, it doesn’t take [italic]that[/italic] much of and effort or expense to add stuff in post.

The whole Rust set sounded chaotic and awful, with the worst kind of pressure and cost-cutting for the crew. There was absolutely no excuse for this.

by Anonymousreply 18August 14, 2022 5:35 AM

He creates street theater outside of the building in NYC where he lives with his wife and children. He's an idiot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19August 14, 2022 5:42 PM

[quote]I don't believe SNL has even once touched on Baldwin's murder.

Alec is good friends with Lorne and Marci Klein. So, yeah, that and Hillarious culture vulturing was never going to be a sketch. Lorne didn't even want them going after Trump initially until he was pretty much backed into a corner on it.

More reason why they need a new sketch show with people who aren't entrenched in Hollywood. SNL used to really rip celebrities apart. They're too entrenched in the mainstream now for that to happen.

by Anonymousreply 20August 14, 2022 5:48 PM

R20. Yeah he actually let trump host. Weird how Fallon got a lot of shit having trump on but no one mentions that snl did the same. I would love to see a competitor that could produce satire that isn't so toothless and deferential to corporate media and other powerful people . They would have to start from the ground up with nobodies who have nothing to lose.

by Anonymousreply 21August 14, 2022 9:03 PM

Sticking to his guns

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22August 16, 2022 7:41 PM

Such bullshit. I'm no fan of Alec Baldwin, but he did nothing wrong, and he certainly doesn't deserve to be charged.

He was handed a gun, and was told it was perfectly safe. There are others from the set who say he didn't pull the trigger. He obviously didn't mean to hurt anybody.

If people think he should go to prison to make her family feel better- that is NOT a reason to send someone to jail. I'm very very sorry for the widower, but Alec Baldwin did not intend to kill his wife, nor was there any kind of negligence that rises to the level of criminality.

by Anonymousreply 23August 16, 2022 7:57 PM

Tell the cops Dead or Alive

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24August 16, 2022 8:08 PM

He was cute in the 80s. He was 2nd fiddle to Shelley Hack on the short-lived CBS series Cutter to Houston.

by Anonymousreply 25August 16, 2022 8:23 PM

He’s a monstah

by Anonymousreply 26August 16, 2022 8:43 PM

I am probably alone here…. BUT, I found it hilarious when he called his spoiled daughters with Kim Basinger, pigs 🐷.

by Anonymousreply 27August 16, 2022 8:44 PM

Who agrees with me: I suspect his only hope of public redemption was to call in a tragic accident, pay off the Hutchins family, and position himself as a Hollywood safety reformer. Appear in public trying to ban real guns or real bullets on film sets, call out productions that violate safety protocols. Etc.

It won't help his legal situation much, but nothing will. I don't know that he could hope for much more than getting enough work to keep up the payments to his lawyers.

by Anonymousreply 28August 16, 2022 8:58 PM

What will harm him the most in my opinion is the fact that he lied about pulling the trigger. His claim that the gun malfunctioned was ridiculous and has been disproven by the FBI who tested the gun. He lost all credibility when he lied about that.

by Anonymousreply 29August 16, 2022 9:06 PM

[quote] that the gun malfunctioned was ridiculous and has been disproven by the FBI who tested the gun.

That test was just a formality. As I posted when the killing occurred REVOLVERS don't fire themselves while you are holding them. If the hammer isn't triggered the mechanism doesn't work. Had it been a semi like a Glock I'd have given more of the benefit of the doubt but his story with a vintage six gun was impossible on its face.

by Anonymousreply 30August 16, 2022 9:14 PM

[quote] It made me wonder what Kevin Costner thinks of what happened on the set of "Rust."

Wow.

It's genuinely hard for me to think up a less interesting question than that one.

by Anonymousreply 31August 16, 2022 9:15 PM

It's genuinely hard for me to think up a less interesting question than that one.

Here's one R31 What's your point?

by Anonymousreply 32August 17, 2022 1:36 AM

That the OP's post is inane. And that was somehow hard for you to figure out?

by Anonymousreply 33August 17, 2022 1:40 AM

Everyone know Alec’s, how you say? His cucumber not shoot blanks!

by Anonymousreply 34August 17, 2022 2:25 AM

He’s making another movie with a lot of guns, some spy thing with a Russian Bond girl, so he’s not going to be a gun reformer and he’s not going to retire from acting.

by Anonymousreply 35August 17, 2022 3:24 PM

Oh he retired from "acting" a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 36August 17, 2022 3:49 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!