Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

And Just Like That …Part 10 Discussion. Is there a Season 2?

Lots of previous threads. Thread nine below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87November 21, 2022 8:30 PM

We can only hope not.

by Anonymousreply 2February 21, 2022 1:17 PM

I would like to see a Season 2 told from the point of view of all the men Carrie and company have screwed over.

Steve can start a blog called Whores in a Handbag. And every episode he can do a voiceover while writing each week's column:

"Some nights, you just want to snuggle up and lick the ice cream bowl. And just like that, you find out your whore of a wife is licking a hairy snatch."

And then Steve can meet up with Aiden, Harry, and Smith for Happy Hour nachos and beer, and bitch about their wives, girlfriends and former hook-ups,

As a bonus, Steve can have private heart-to-heart chats with the ghost of Big.

by Anonymousreply 3February 21, 2022 1:47 PM

It would be a great idea for a series if they could round everyone up. Show Trey, Smith, Aiden, Richard, Maria, more of Natasha and how their lives have evolved.

The real Big was a publisher called Ron Galotti.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4February 21, 2022 2:31 PM

The only way to end this with any dignity is for Miranda to crawl back to Steve.

by Anonymousreply 5February 21, 2022 7:00 PM

Miranda will not go straight again.

by Anonymousreply 6February 21, 2022 10:28 PM

Cynthia Nixon's ego would never allow that to happen. Remember, Miranda is "brave" (her words) and we plebs just don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 7February 22, 2022 4:32 AM

The best thing to do (if they do get another series) is to quietly write Che out. Miranda can look back on the ', relationship' with a wistful fondness and realise that it was a beautiful, passionate romance that was destined to burn bright for a brief period of time then go out with a bang. Or something.

They cannot possibly bring Che back. She was loathed by pretty much every demographic, even the blue haired Twitter keyboard warriors weren't keen.

by Anonymousreply 8February 22, 2022 5:54 AM

I can't imagine Sara Ramirez would WANT to return. This shitshow was a stain on her otherwise fairly solid career.

by Anonymousreply 9February 22, 2022 6:05 AM

I dunno, in interviews she seems to be in the Nixon "they don't get it" camp. Saying stuff about Che isn't here to be liked etc.

by Anonymousreply 10February 22, 2022 6:19 AM

R10 I think she's being diplomatic. What is she going to say "Yeah, this was a fucking mistake!"?

by Anonymousreply 11February 22, 2022 7:32 AM

I can't imagine the silence over renewal isn't an indicator of back and forth about if we're going to do this, how are we going to do it?

by Anonymousreply 12February 22, 2022 12:52 PM

In season 2 we need to see more (but not too much) of Bitsy von Muffling-Fine and Susan Sharon. They can actually add some levity to these dreary proceedings. Bring back Bigs’ secretary. Brenda Vaccaro is always a welcome addition. She should have replaced Bea Arthur on GG when Bea hit the road.

by Anonymousreply 13February 22, 2022 2:20 PM

I like the idea of revisting a lot of memorable old characters, R13. What happened to Enid? Not long arcs, just drive bys with a point to them, somehow. Carrie's fuck buddy, Dean Winters, should saddled with grandchildren or married to an Amish or some amsuing mindfuck.

I really hope Miranda stays out of it. Nixon flounces because HBO brings down the hammer and we can have a smaller, more workable cast of entertaining actresses: Carrie, Charlotte, Seema and LTW. A widowed Charlotte might be amusing - driving her daughters crazy.

by Anonymousreply 14February 22, 2022 3:07 PM

They need to add Liam Neeson to the cast as Carrie's new physically and emotionally abusive boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 15February 22, 2022 3:28 PM

Or Jeff Bridges. They did a film together before.

by Anonymousreply 16February 22, 2022 3:39 PM

r12 they may just need to lock down when they can begin production in order to get cast and locations on contract. SJP has to finish her play and Nixon must have some ind of commitment to The Gilded Age.

by Anonymousreply 17February 22, 2022 4:33 PM

True, R17, and doesn't Gilded Age start shooting next month again? Must be hell to produce a show these days, let alone a complex one.... if one of your principals gets COVID you're down a few days and everybody could get COVID again.

by Anonymousreply 18February 22, 2022 4:47 PM

Season 2 should focus on Charlotte's mental breakdown (resulting in a sex addiction with hot men.)

by Anonymousreply 19February 22, 2022 4:49 PM

The writers need to pare down the cast, revisit the idea that fans want a COMEDY, and give the main trio some real problems to contend with.

They can start by yanking them out of the 1%. Carrie's investments fail and she has to actually earn a living as a writer again, Harry dies unexpectedly and Charlotte has to pay off some outstanding legal settlement, leaving her broke, and Miranda suffers with the disastrous consequences of her atrocious professional and personal choices, having to room with a bunch of 20-somethings when no firm will hire her and Steve and Brady cut her off cold.

De-power Nixon, remove her control, and send MPK to the WGA nursing home where he belongs.

by Anonymousreply 20February 22, 2022 4:57 PM

R17 you can confirm a renewal and sort those details later. It's just saying "More is coming"

by Anonymousreply 21February 22, 2022 4:57 PM

I really like the ideas that r13 and r14 suggested. Bring back some of the unique and fun characters that made the original show so much fun. R20, I’m one of the fans who wants a comedy more than a drama. I wouldn’t watch a show with the suggestions you put forth. It would be way too sad.

by Anonymousreply 22February 22, 2022 5:52 PM

Yeah, I gotta second that. The last thing I want to watch is Poor in the City. Money worries are for hardcore drama 90% of the time, unless you're embracing your inner scum, like Shameless.

by Anonymousreply 23February 22, 2022 7:31 PM

If they do a season 2 they need to make season 1 a bad dream Carrie had and write off the entire awful thing.

by Anonymousreply 24February 23, 2022 2:17 AM

Sex crimes aside, I like the idea someone had of Season 2 opening with Big in the shower.

by Anonymousreply 25February 23, 2022 6:03 AM

They need to just settle down and have fun. HAVE FUN! It’s not that hard.

by Anonymousreply 26February 23, 2022 10:33 AM

Exactly r26. I liked the latter half of the season better because some of the old humor was back. It was so relentlessly sad at the beginning (I get why but still). Even the sad stuff they did in the original show (Samantha’s cancer for example) had humor and was so much more human. Big dying on a Peloton? No.

by Anonymousreply 27February 23, 2022 1:02 PM

The sadness I was OK with. I know it wasn't meant to be the old show. But when it mired down on ticking boxes and making sure nobody in a niche was mad at them, then it got awful.

by Anonymousreply 28February 23, 2022 1:09 PM

I was just watching a video with Vanessa Williams and realized that, Vanessa comes closest of anyone to having the same kind of allure and self possession that Kim does. She would be a perfect replacement for Kim as Samantha. She does need to stop eating, get on a tread mill and get a little botox though.

by Anonymousreply 29February 23, 2022 2:23 PM

Jesus. You haven't really come a long way, baby.

by Anonymousreply 30February 23, 2022 2:31 PM

Compared to any woman her age, 58, Williams is a 10.

by Anonymousreply 31February 23, 2022 2:33 PM

To replace Samantha, could they get Linda Evangelista?

by Anonymousreply 32February 23, 2022 3:07 PM

r32 What about Bridget Fonda?

by Anonymousreply 33February 23, 2022 4:02 PM

Vanessa Williams is apparently already too fat. Bridget Fonda would require IMAX.

by Anonymousreply 34February 23, 2022 4:04 PM

[quote]Vanessa Williams is apparently already too fat.

Vanessa can lose some weight. I've heard this is possible when one cuts calories and exercises.

They wanted Kim to come back and Kim is also plus size at this point. It's all right if a woman pushing 60 puts on some weight as long as she doesn't look sloppy. At this point, Vanessa has entered the sloppy zone.

by Anonymousreply 35February 23, 2022 4:14 PM

They need to have Anthony start dating hot and quirky men.

by Anonymousreply 36February 23, 2022 4:20 PM

Vanessa doesn't need to lose weight, your thinking need to enter the 2000s.

by Anonymousreply 37February 23, 2022 4:46 PM

I am fine with a funnier, more relaxed Season 2 as long as I never have to:

A. Hear that fucking Hello It’s Me by Todd Rundgren aka Big’s fave song

B. See, hear, or think of Che giving Miranda a vigorous finger bang

by Anonymousreply 38February 23, 2022 4:54 PM

I want Che and Miranda to enjoy the happiness they deserve.

Off screen.

by Anonymousreply 39February 23, 2022 4:55 PM

[quote] She does need to stop eating, get on a tread mill and get a little botox though.

I’m sure Williams looks better than you ever could. Please post your mugshot so we can do a stare and compare.

by Anonymousreply 40February 23, 2022 5:25 PM

Have to say, I'm happy to see some of you defending Vanessa and her weight gain.

Still think she could slim down a bit.

by Anonymousreply 41February 23, 2022 5:35 PM

In Season 2, they need to seriously up the quota of firm bare male butt.

by Anonymousreply 42February 23, 2022 6:44 PM

I think they owe Charlotte a scene where Miranda says to her, “you know what? You were right.”

by Anonymousreply 43February 23, 2022 7:07 PM

We finally watched the last episode.

Che was great here even though I have hated that character until now. The writers are guilty of malpractice.

And Rabbi Jen is the way you introduce someone different in an interesting way.

This show sucked until the last episode.

But I would watch a spinoff with Rabbi Jen that has the pilot episode with her presiding over the funeral of SJP, CN, and KD.

by Anonymousreply 44February 24, 2022 9:23 PM

I agree. Rabbi Jen needs a spinoff.

(But was it a He or a She?)

by Anonymousreply 45February 24, 2022 9:27 PM

Rabbi Jen was "she". And also awesome.

Not enough to overcome the shittiness of the overall product, though.

by Anonymousreply 46February 24, 2022 9:29 PM

Miranda to Charlotte after Rabbi Jen leaves the ladies' room: "Who the hell asked her?"

by Anonymousreply 47February 24, 2022 10:19 PM

R46, the actor playing Rabbi Jen began life as a "he."

by Anonymousreply 48February 24, 2022 10:38 PM

I had sufficient of Rabbi Jen.

I’d like to see another season minus Che and perhaps the women who wrote for the original show and have been somehow involved in this can be show runners instead of that twisted goblin MPK.

And Cynthia does not get to dictate storylines.

by Anonymousreply 49February 24, 2022 11:02 PM

Where is Amalita Amalfi?? WHERE??

Only she can save this wreck.

by Anonymousreply 50February 24, 2022 11:13 PM

I think those women and your goblin share what for simplicity's sake we'll call a brain.

by Anonymousreply 51February 24, 2022 11:13 PM

Season 2 opens with news that Samantha has been kidnapped.

Carrie, Miranda and Charlotte drop everything and go to London to try to find her.

While in London, they go undercover and get involved in lots of James Bond-esque intrigue, including sleeping with lots of hot men to get information.

They have many close calls of actually finding and seeing Samantha, but they always barely miss her.

Oh, and they shop a lot for fabulous designer duds.

They even go to a Pet Shop Boys concert.

And do blow.

by Anonymousreply 52February 24, 2022 11:18 PM

[quote]While in London, they go undercover and get involved in lots of James Bond-esque intrigue, including sleeping with lots of hot men to get information.

So writing it as fantasy-comedy? Novel.

by Anonymousreply 53February 24, 2022 11:20 PM

Sort of Game of Aching Bones.

by Anonymousreply 54February 24, 2022 11:21 PM

The girls will learn that Samantha's boyfriend, a tech billionaire played by Peter Dinklage, is tied to the Russian mafia, and that he is also the prime suspect in her kidnapping case.

To get more information, Carrie, Miranda and Charlotte will each seduce and sleep with Dinklage, performing increasingly degrading sexual acts to get more information.

by Anonymousreply 55February 25, 2022 12:30 AM

While performing cunnilingus on Charlotte, Dinklage uses his tongue to insert a tracking device into her cervix, thwarting an ambush at the Tower of London.

by Anonymousreply 56February 25, 2022 12:46 AM

In a very special all-star episode, Miranda causes DNS attacks across Europe after she is unwittingly turned into human modem pulsing a virus-laden Bluetooth enabled microchip implanted by special guest star Sara Ramirez. Fortunately, Che's evil plan is thwarted by The Facts of Life Girls. Meanwhile, Charlotte tries to extricate Carrie from a two-countries-divided-by-a-common-language situation at Horse Guards Parade. Andy Cohen guest stars as Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall.

by Anonymousreply 57February 25, 2022 1:01 AM

Rabbi Jen is a man. Makeup, surgery and feminine clothes do not a woman make.

by Anonymousreply 58February 25, 2022 10:54 AM

Still no renewal....

by Anonymousreply 59February 25, 2022 4:58 PM

Char, Car and Mir go undercover to end the situation in Ukraine.

by Anonymousreply 60February 25, 2022 5:02 PM

Season 2 needs to open with a Moldavian Massacre to drain the swamp of all the unnecessary characters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61February 26, 2022 11:19 PM

I just saw How I Met Your Father.

Kim Catrall looks a decade younger than SJP.

I was shocked.

by Anonymousreply 62February 28, 2022 5:40 PM

I wouldn't say she looks younger, just not haggard and like a dried up plucked chicken.

by Anonymousreply 63February 28, 2022 7:02 PM

I have to hand it to SJP, I don’t think she’s had any work done.

by Anonymousreply 64February 28, 2022 7:36 PM

If she has she's owed a refund.

by Anonymousreply 65February 28, 2022 8:11 PM

Look at her eyes. She's been lifted. That's the only way people get that look.

by Anonymousreply 66March 1, 2022 12:08 AM

I think somebody suggested it already but it would have been funny if those French kids she stood up in the finale had happened along the bridge, all middle-age dismay and Parisian contempt, pushing her in. It would have been funny. She was already wearing that life raft, nothing would have happened so long as she didn't cling to the Big purse urn.

by Anonymousreply 67March 3, 2022 11:23 AM

Season 2 must open with the murder of Che.

Unlike the death of Jenny on The L Word, they won't tease the audience with a whodunnit.

In the first episode, we will see most of the cast taking turns stabbing Che ala Murder on the Orient Express.

They will grind up Che's corpse and shape the meat into individual patties and serve them at a vegan non-binary BBQ claiming they are plant-based burgers.

Carrie and company will make a pact to never again say Che's name or talk about xis death.

Miranda will crawl back to Steve, but he has reconnected with Debbie and they are shagging around the clock at Debbie's timeshare in Miami.

Miranda binge eats to deal with the rejection and gains 50 lbs.

Charlotte comes to Miranda's rescue and takes her to an exclusive spa for three months. At the spa, Miranda loses the weight, gets a makeover, and decides she likes dick again.

Meanwhile, Carrie is the guest judge at a wet jockstrap contest at a gay bar, repeatedly gets mistaken for a drag queen, then, miraculously, finds the only straight man in the bar (and he is super hot), and they go home together and have super hot sex. But in the morning, she discovers that he has stolen all her shoes.

by Anonymousreply 68March 3, 2022 12:19 PM

[quote]Miranda binge eats to deal with the rejection and gains 50 lbs.

Then she dyes her hair black, buzzes the sides and Sara Ramirez [italic]IS[/italic] NuMiranda.

by Anonymousreply 69March 3, 2022 12:21 PM

Still no renewal....

by Anonymousreply 70March 19, 2022 6:59 AM

I think it’s over.

by Anonymousreply 71March 19, 2022 1:03 PM

In fairness, they may be busy Googling previously undiscovered marginalized communities.

by Anonymousreply 72March 19, 2022 2:07 PM

It is pretty expensive to renew [italic]and[/italic] get the kind of reception they got.

You wonder if HBO is saying one thing in public (wonderful) and another in private (you want more money, here's what you're gonna do.) The lack of renewal speaks volumes.

by Anonymousreply 73March 19, 2022 2:09 PM

With how much AJLT sucked SJP should be satisfied if they pay her a bucket of oats.

by Anonymousreply 74March 20, 2022 2:17 AM

suck it haters... Renewed for Season 2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75March 22, 2022 5:21 PM

Yay.

by Anonymousreply 76March 22, 2022 10:13 PM

It's "Che," r76

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77March 22, 2022 10:36 PM

Interesting line from the Variety story: “We did something that was hard to do, which is we took something familiar and did make it new — for better and for worse,” King said.

So maybe that's faint hope they get it?

On the downside, Nixon is confirmed to come back, so God knows what we'll have to put up with.

by Anonymousreply 78March 23, 2022 12:37 PM

Season 2: Steve's Revenge

by Anonymousreply 79March 23, 2022 4:18 PM

Why don’t they use a Kim Catrell sounding voice actor to call in while the girls are dishing at lunch to give her little punchy lines via phone? There’s a chick on Twitter who can do any male or female voice it’s freaky. I forgot her handle on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 80April 27, 2022 12:17 AM

There are legal issues preventing them from doing that, r80. When Crispin Glover sued Universal after he was replaced in Back to the Future 2 with another actor wearing prosthetics to look like him and imitating his performance from the original film, the Screen Actors Guild created new protections for actors regarding how their likenesses and voices are used. Given the acrimony between Cattrall and the original show there's no way HBO would open themselves up for a potential lawsuit.

by Anonymousreply 81April 27, 2022 3:47 AM

R81 They could work around it.

by Anonymousreply 82April 27, 2022 10:36 AM

Madonna could play Samantha. She has that sexy vibe. And she's a really good actress (she won a Golden Globe.)

by Anonymousreply 83April 27, 2022 1:09 PM

They should retitle the show You Just Don't Get It.

by Anonymousreply 84November 20, 2022 3:58 PM

[quote]Then she dyes her hair black, buzzes the sides and Sara Ramirez IS NuMiranda.

Or better yet... the big twist is: Sara Ramirez is new SaMANtha... a gender spectrumed, era-defining everypersyn who'll fingerbang anything on two legs that moves*

(*one leg if the amputee consents. A wheelchair or other mobility device is accepted as two-legged truth for those who do not identify with conventional upright privilege.)

by Anonymousreply 85November 20, 2022 4:04 PM

I do wanna see Che as the 4th at the table for one of the meals with the girls.

I couldn’t help but wonder…could it get any more uncomfortable?

by Anonymousreply 86November 21, 2022 3:10 PM

When does season 2 premiere?

by Anonymousreply 87November 21, 2022 8:30 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!