Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Horatio Sanz Groomed a Minor as SNL Cast Members Looked On

Just disgusting, I believe it all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217January 4, 2023 12:21 PM

They should touch 17yo girls and on the flip side, those 2 girls mentioned should not have chosen to handout and party with grown men. But they chose to do so over and over and over again.

by Anonymousreply 1February 18, 2022 4:12 PM

should NOT touch

by Anonymousreply 2February 18, 2022 4:15 PM

PS - Jimmy is SO handsome in that pic.

by Anonymousreply 3February 18, 2022 4:32 PM

OP = R1 = R2 as usual

by Anonymousreply 4February 18, 2022 4:33 PM

The onus is on the adult to not bring starstruck teenagers to parties, and certainly to not digitally penetrate them without consent.

That's the reality of our culture.

Granted, Horatio seems dumber than the average 12 year old.

by Anonymousreply 5February 18, 2022 4:36 PM

??? nope. I posed R1 and I am not OP.

by Anonymousreply 6February 18, 2022 4:36 PM

Jimmy and Horatio got paid to get stoned then smirk and giggle on live television.

They should be charged for how damn annoying they were for years.

by Anonymousreply 7February 18, 2022 4:39 PM

I read the longer article and the more this woman talks, the more I have these unanswered questions, which I'm sure will get me labeled as blaming the victim.

Where were her parents and who agreed that it would be a good idea to let a 15 year old go to an after party? If she felt abused, molested, or violated, why did she continue to go back for more? Why did she stay in touch with her "abuser" for such a long period of time? Why did she not ask for help or tell her parents when the abuse started?

My point is that she and the people around her take no responsibility for their own bad judgment. If you wander into a dangerous situation and get violated one time, then I feel sorry for you and deserve some justice. But if you wander into a dangerous situation repeatedly over an extended period of time, then you might just be stupid.

by Anonymousreply 8February 18, 2022 4:40 PM

I only posted the link, and no other responses. - OP Agree with R7 and R5 completely.

by Anonymousreply 9February 18, 2022 4:41 PM

How many 17 year olds do you know who are operating with a magically adult brain? That's why it's called grooming a minor. They don't have the capacity to make adult choices.

by Anonymousreply 10February 18, 2022 4:42 PM

R8 seems to not know what "grooming" means.

I don't know how someone can go through life and hear dozens upon dozens of stories about kids being abused and think, ever single time, "Well, why didn't these kids just say something?" After enough examples of abused or groomed kids not coming forward, you'd think even the dimmest bulb would realize that it's a pattern and there must be a reason for it.

by Anonymousreply 11February 18, 2022 4:58 PM

17 years old? If she's big enough, she's old enough.

by Anonymousreply 12February 18, 2022 5:00 PM

Was this guy an actor or a writer? He looks totally unfamiliar.

by Anonymousreply 13February 18, 2022 5:05 PM

It started when she was 15, Sanz and Fallon started emailing her at that time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14February 18, 2022 5:07 PM

An ex who worked on SNL at the time told me that Jimmy was almost always drunk or coked up and was very unpleasant at the time.

by Anonymousreply 15February 18, 2022 5:15 PM

How are the adults around her supposed to know she's getting finger blasted backstage??? She reaching with this one. She thinks everyone was talking about her! Typical "teenage girl" mentality. No one gave a shit who she was and probably ignored her. They were drunk stars of a tv show who love to party with the OTHER ADULTS! They didn't give a shit about this opportunist and probably didn't even know what her age was!

by Anonymousreply 16February 18, 2022 5:23 PM

If I'm sitting near coked out Jimmy Fallon and he's giving SAT advice at the after party, alarm bells go off. It would be nice if someone had said "Horatio, don't bring underage girls here. Go get a prostitute, or join a gym and quit pot so you can attract adult women." I can hear this in Seth Meyer's voice perfectly.

The fucker wasn't looking to tutor these girls and keep them on track for college.

At the end of the day, Jimmy is gross for being close to the situation, and Horatio is responsible for his own actions.

What dumbasses start corresponding with the 15 year old president of their fan club?

by Anonymousreply 17February 18, 2022 5:39 PM

The New York Age of Consent is 17 years old. In the United States, the age of consent is the minimum age at which an individual is considered legally old enough to consent to participation in sexual activity.

by Anonymousreply 18February 18, 2022 5:46 PM

An adult man who's not a predator is NOT interested in partying with high schoolers, end of story.

by Anonymousreply 19February 18, 2022 6:10 PM

[quote] No one gave a shit who she was

They obviously should have, what with being adults and all. A group backstage at SNL apparently went quiet when they heard her tell someone she was still in high school.

by Anonymousreply 20February 18, 2022 6:16 PM

Damn I forgot how cute Jimmy Fallon was back then. I definitely would've hit that ass.

by Anonymousreply 21February 18, 2022 6:40 PM

I mean he was telegraphing it with that mustache and amber rape glasses.

by Anonymousreply 22February 18, 2022 6:42 PM

First World "problems".

by Anonymousreply 23February 18, 2022 6:44 PM

Couldn't Jimmy Fallon be had for a bag of coke back in his SNL days? I think I remember hearing that.

by Anonymousreply 24February 18, 2022 6:47 PM

17 is the age of consent in New York - this a non-story. Though can't see what any normal man these days would want with a 17-year-old, male or female, because they really are stunted children now - thank you social media and retarded millennial parents! Opposed to even a decade or two ago, my friends and I did behave like "young adults" when we were in our late teens.

by Anonymousreply 25February 18, 2022 6:52 PM

Millennials aren't the parents of 17 year-olds unless they're total white trash who started having kids in their early 20s.

by Anonymousreply 26February 18, 2022 6:55 PM

R26 I misspoke, meant Gen X. Or I guess elder millennials could be the parents of 17 year olds. Anyway, these kids are a LOT less grown-up than people their age were even about 10 years ago. It can't all be social media and internet addiction.

by Anonymousreply 27February 18, 2022 7:00 PM

Running a salon is a good 2nd career.

by Anonymousreply 28February 18, 2022 7:09 PM

Sanz was probably the worst cast member on SNL ever.

by Anonymousreply 29February 18, 2022 7:28 PM

Will Jimmy have to make an apology on air again?

by Anonymousreply 30February 18, 2022 7:45 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31February 18, 2022 7:47 PM

Where are the adults known as her parents? How is she hanging out at that hour if she's "just a child"?

by Anonymousreply 32February 18, 2022 7:54 PM

It's shameful how many adults overlook the proper grooming of minors.

by Anonymousreply 33February 18, 2022 7:59 PM

Rosie groomed me!

by Anonymousreply 34February 18, 2022 8:06 PM

R17 “What dumbasses start corresponding with the 15 year old president of their fan club?”

Desi Arnaz Jr. of course.

by Anonymousreply 35February 18, 2022 8:15 PM

“Why would any famous person entertain us?’” Katherine said. “‘Why would they even give us the time of day?’ And it’s because they were predatory.”

Or maybe they’re just people.

by Anonymousreply 36February 18, 2022 8:39 PM

[quote] Sanz was probably the worst cast member on SNL ever.

After 40 yrs on the air, there’s a long list of equally terrible (and worse) cast members.

[quote] Couldn't Jimmy Fallon be had for a bag of coke back in his SNL days? I think I remember hearing that.

Is there such a thing as a nickel bag of coke?

by Anonymousreply 37February 18, 2022 9:52 PM

I thought they were going to say that he was grooming Fallon.

by Anonymousreply 38February 18, 2022 9:55 PM

Sanz is a sleazebucket. Period.

by Anonymousreply 39February 18, 2022 9:55 PM

The day St. Lorne finally falls out of favor with the public will be the day the dams truly burst on that toxic ass environment.

That's why I love Jane Curtin, she's never bowed down to him. She had his number since day one.

by Anonymousreply 40February 18, 2022 9:56 PM

R25 = Soon Yi Previn

by Anonymousreply 41February 18, 2022 9:58 PM

I object to her criticism of the cast entertaining her. I believe that Horatio is a creep don't get me wrong, but if I was a performer who has "made it" then I wouldn't mind being a mentor to young people who are fans. Then again, I dont want to fuck teenagers so...

by Anonymousreply 42February 18, 2022 10:20 PM

Also Fallon doesn't come across as a creep here. He talked about non sexual things with her, like her education and what direction she should take. I do sense she is a grifter.

by Anonymousreply 43February 18, 2022 10:25 PM

[quote]How many 17 year olds do you know who are operating with a magically adult brain? That's why it's called grooming a minor. They don't have the capacity to make adult choices.

Question: Do you think a 16- or 17-year-old suddenly and, to use your own word, "magically" becomes an adult with an adult brain the moment they reach the age of consent at 18 -- assuming that is the age of consent where they happen to live?

by Anonymousreply 44February 18, 2022 10:25 PM

Another money driven opportunist that regrets her whore past and decisions.

by Anonymousreply 45February 18, 2022 10:25 PM

Of course not R44. But a line has to be drawn and it's only perverts who routinely try to claim that teenagers are mature enough to have sex with adults. Oddly enough, they never argue for teenagers to have other rights that adults have like voting. I'm not the poster you were talking to but I've seen this argument before.

by Anonymousreply 46February 18, 2022 10:28 PM

I was 18 when I got my first job in Hollywood. It was working as an intern at the hottest agency in town (at the time). A "boutique agency" with only young hot and up-and-coming actors and writers. I would've fucked whoever I had to, to get a leg up, right out of the gate. So, I have no sympathy for this grifter chick. She used sex as currency and was left holding the bill, and now she's pissed! The fact she named 20 additional defendants is highly suspicious to me. Plus, waiting this long to sue is another red flag. Money, money, money.

by Anonymousreply 47February 18, 2022 10:32 PM

No, R44, I don't. Your brain evidently keeps developing well into your twenties. Your point seems disingenuous to me.

In January 2000, Sanz allegedly “began his process of grooming Plaintiff,” which included an October 2000 in-person meeting after an SNL taping. According to the lawsuit, Sanz became “flirtatious and physically affectionate with the then 15-year-old Plaintiff by kissing her cheek and putting his hands on her waist” during their in-person meeting following an SNL taping. The lawsuit claims that in 2001, Sanz began talking to the minor on AOL Instant Messenger and intentionally “steered conversations to discuss sex, sexual experiences, sexual activities, sexual fantasies, masturbation,” as well as “solicit inappropriate photographs” from Doe. - Vanity Fair

by Anonymousreply 48February 18, 2022 10:33 PM

[quote] a mentor to young people who are fans

That’s pretty obviously not what was going on here. Jimmy Fallon seems like a soulless dolt.

by Anonymousreply 49February 18, 2022 10:43 PM

Teens act like little kids because adults treat them like little kids. Why do you think teens act out, rebel and find high school boring? Because instinctively they desire freedom to leave their nest and be fully functional adults who work, travel and have experiences. They are full of energy and a desire to make their own path. Maturity in fact comes from life experience. A spoiled brat with rich parents will always grow up to be immature and childish. While a child from a lower-class home who has to work a part-time job and take care of their younger siblings while their parents work will more than likely grow up to be responsible. Other cultures put more adult responsibilities on their teenagers and they are far less likely to act out and be rebellious for the sake of it.

Yes the brain stops developing in the mid-20s. But clearly maturity comes more from your environment and upbringing. As way too many American adults in their middle age and above are still stupid and immature.

by Anonymousreply 50February 18, 2022 10:44 PM

I wonder where her parents were too but that's the point--she was 15 years old and unsupervised.

The victim had a successful fan site and believed this was how you start your career--going to parties with celebrities.

Sexual assault is assault no matter what age you are. She did not consent to his gropings.

by Anonymousreply 51February 18, 2022 10:45 PM

[quote][R8] seems to not know what "grooming" means.

R8 isn't the only person in this thread choosing not to understand what grooming is, R11.

[quote]The timing of Jane’s connection with Sanz turned out to be significant. Weeks after the two started chatting on AIM in late August 2001, she recalls visiting the wreckage of the World Trade Center with a friend. She and Sanz had begun chatting routinely—about who might have been in on the attacks and what America’s path forward might look like. The conversations made her feel mature, an ongoing theme of her dynamic with Sanz, who at the time was twice her age—32 years old to her 16. She can still remember the smell of smoke that hung in the air over the debris at Ground Zero.

Quoted text and linked image are from the Daily Beast article at R14.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52February 18, 2022 10:55 PM

Unfortunate for Sanz that the same personality traits that make you want to hook up with an SNL member at 17 make you want to be the martyr protagonist of a Me Too story at 35.

by Anonymousreply 53February 18, 2022 11:03 PM

Has he acted in anything in the last few years? I haven't heard his name in ages.

by Anonymousreply 54February 18, 2022 11:08 PM

R48, thanks, but you needn't have gone into all that, as I was not addressing the Sanz situation. I was asking whether you or anyone else here really believes that young people suddenly and magically become mature adults with adult brains as soon as they hit whatever the age of consent is where they happen to live.

by Anonymousreply 55February 19, 2022 12:52 PM

NBC throws Sanz overboard

NBCUniversal says it’s not liable for Horatio Sanz’s alleged sex assault because it was ‘after hours’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56April 5, 2022 10:52 PM

“I don’t care. Do you?”

No, really. I don’t care.

by Anonymousreply 57April 5, 2022 11:05 PM

Fallon crawled so Pete Davidson could walk. Look how edgy-cute Fallon was!

by Anonymousreply 58April 5, 2022 11:06 PM

"We have erased the number seventeen from our lexicons." - Just Andrew

by Anonymousreply 59April 5, 2022 11:12 PM

Why is it every fat man I've ever met has been morally corrupt? Just greedy, lying, cheating, sneaky, scheming tricksters.

I'm attracted to pudge, but almost immediately the red flags start popping-up.

by Anonymousreply 60April 5, 2022 11:16 PM

Perhaps it's because fat men are gluttonous R60. And that gluttony seeps into other things.

by Anonymousreply 61April 5, 2022 11:37 PM

Pig...

by Anonymousreply 62April 6, 2022 4:12 AM

Wow, lots of victim-blaming here, as usual. Looks like some of y'all need to hear it again: an adolescent teen is still growing and maturing in their brain, and do not think the way adults think. Therefore, the onus is on the adult to make the correct decision. If you think the correct decision is for the adult to take the underage kid out on the town without a chaperone, get your head checked. Too many pedo apologists 🤮

by Anonymousreply 63April 6, 2022 4:32 AM

If NBC is hosting parties that Sanz brings 15-year-olds to, it has a liability problem.

by Anonymousreply 64April 6, 2022 4:55 AM

They were and they do

by Anonymousreply 65April 6, 2022 4:59 AM

Amateur

by Anonymousreply 66April 6, 2022 5:27 AM

'Groomed'

what did he do? Style her dresses?

by Anonymousreply 67April 6, 2022 5:29 AM

The DL pedo apologists always come out in full force whenever these kinds of things get posted here R63. It’s disgusting and ridiculous that they’re allowed to post at all.

by Anonymousreply 68April 6, 2022 12:15 PM

Use your twat to get something, then blame those to whom you were marketing your twat.

by Anonymousreply 69April 6, 2022 12:45 PM

Did the kids who went to Neverland to get molested by Michael Jackson get blamed for that? No, they were kids whose stupid parents put them into danger because they were awed by being in the orbit of a celebrity.

In this case, what I want to know is whether this girl's parents knew what she was doing. In the article, it appears that she met HS and JF when she was 15, but the sexual manipulations did not happen until after she had passed the age of consent.

by Anonymousreply 70April 6, 2022 1:29 PM

Jimmy Fallon was very cute back then, I'd be all over him. He's a marshmallow fat head now, getting old sucks. lol

by Anonymousreply 71April 6, 2022 1:32 PM

R68, I think you are being overdramatic. I'm still open-minded and listening to this woman's story but I want to see how the case turns out.

What has turned me off to her is hearing about her behavior since she has become an adult. She supposedly tried to blackmail Sanz for 7 million dollars. She also kept in contact with Sanz for years afterwards.

Also, I don't like the way that she decided as an adult to indict all the SNL cast members who may have been at parties with her. Additionally, it was obvious she wanted to get into Jimmy Fallon's pants so she pretended to be interested in his fat, ugly friend Horatio. As an adult, she should be honest with herself about that but instead she tried to make Fallon a center of the case so she could get more money out of NBC.

I hope she is also suing her parents.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72April 6, 2022 6:11 PM

I must admit. Everyone looks hot and good looking when they are skinny. Jimmy does look very sexy in OP’s pic

by Anonymousreply 73April 6, 2022 6:16 PM

Rebel Wilson talked about a co-star who harassed her. She gave no name but Horatio Sanz appeared in the same movie, "Bachelorette."

[Quote] Several years ago, the 42-year-old actress was harassed by a male costar whom she has not named. "He called me into a room and pulled down his pants," she says. Then in front of his friends, he asked her to perform a lewd act. "It was awful and disgusting," she says.

by Anonymousreply 74May 20, 2022 1:09 PM

Now everyone is a groomer. Good lord. Enough already, pearl clutchers. People can get married at 15, for Christ’s sake. Everyone is a victim now. You get free shit and applause. Call me when someone fucks or diddles someone who can’t yet grow pubic hair.

by Anonymousreply 75May 20, 2022 1:48 PM

[quote] Millennials aren't the parents of 17 year-olds unless they're total white trash who started having kids in their early 20s.

What???! People have been starting families in their early 20s for centuries, dingbat. Jesus Christ, what a moronic fag you are.

by Anonymousreply 76May 20, 2022 1:52 PM

So many people here do not get it.

R8 said that if the girl felt abused or molested she should have stopped going. But no teenage feels abused or molested. They are curious about sex. They want the attention. They think it is great that older guys want to fuck them.

It is not till later that they see the damage and feel the regret.

Blaming a teen for acting like a teen? Blaming a teen for lacking insight? For lacking foresight? For lacking the social skills to get out of situations?

Sorry. But that is just creepy.

by Anonymousreply 77May 20, 2022 2:49 PM

[quote] Looks like some of y'all

And that's exactly where I stopped reading your post.

by Anonymousreply 78May 20, 2022 2:57 PM

After all the years of the #MeToo ridiculousness, I am no longer willing to accept fuzzy accusations of "grooming" just because they are voiced. If she's got a charge to make against Jimmy Fallon or the rest of the SNL cast, let's see her sue someone and we'll see how it stands up in court.

But I can't just believe every accusation just because it's brought forward--that's Salem witch-trial thinking. Accusations do NOT mean someone is automatically guilty as charged.

by Anonymousreply 79May 20, 2022 3:17 PM

R79 No one is disputing that Sanz brought the teen to adult parties. Maybe Fallon or someone told Sanz to cool it, but no one has admitted to that, so ......

I witnessed something similar, and a few of us told the guy to get her home. One of us, contacted her parents. Did anyone at SNL do anything similar? If they did, I am sure they would come forward.

by Anonymousreply 80May 20, 2022 4:02 PM

I wish there were different terms for molesting a prepubescent child and seducing a willing teenager. The designation of pedophile seems to be used for everything from raping a six year old to flirting with a sixteen year old. There are problems with both behaviors but they are not the same.

by Anonymousreply 81May 20, 2022 5:06 PM

R25, yes, I'm sure you and everyone your age was perfect and angelic and mature. Btw, this happened a while ago, so I don't even get the "kids today" rant

by Anonymousreply 82May 20, 2022 5:19 PM

R79, she has texts to back up her claims. The Salem Witch Trials claims are silly, you sound hysterical. Witches don't exist but sexual predators sure do

by Anonymousreply 83May 20, 2022 5:20 PM

So it was never her parent's responsibility to engage in some , oh well, you know parenting of their minor, in the first place? But now all these years later they're all just conveniently playing dumb and naïve? It was never the primary responsibility of the entire cast and crew of the show to parent their daughter. That primary responsibility was on them and they clearly failed at it.

by Anonymousreply 84May 20, 2022 5:27 PM

R81, does anyone really care? There is a difference between larceny and fraud, but the fine distinctions do not really make much difference when evaluating someone's character---they are both theft.

by Anonymousreply 85May 20, 2022 5:27 PM

R85 Well, yes, there is a range of moral outrage and punishments for different offenses. There is a difference between thieves who are shoplifters or armed robbers, or between drug abusers who smoke marijuana or shoot heroin. There are even different degrees of murder.

by Anonymousreply 86May 20, 2022 5:48 PM

But again, does anyone really judge someone convicted of murder one differently than someone convicted of murder two.

We are talking about someone who does not control sexual impulses and uses another person. I do not much care if that person is10 years old or 15. Just because someone prefers one age to another does not really change the act.

by Anonymousreply 87May 20, 2022 5:57 PM

It should R87. Someone who uses a 30 year old for sex is not the same as someone who uses a 10 year old.

by Anonymousreply 88May 20, 2022 6:07 PM

[quote]The Salem Witch Trials claims are silly, you sound hysterical. Witches don't exist but sexual predators sure do

Umm, you clearly don't understand what people mean when they refer to a "witch hunt." I would try to explain it to you in simple terms, but you seem too dense to understand anyway, so I'm not going to waste my time.

by Anonymousreply 89May 20, 2022 6:12 PM

Fuck these whining cunts.

by Anonymousreply 90May 20, 2022 6:18 PM

R88, no one was talking about a 30 year old--but I think you know that and are just trying to sow confusion.

R81 was talking about a 6 year old and a 16 year old. He says there should be a greater distinction between the two.

That you how to bring grown adults into the discussion, makes my point that the distinction between a 6 and 16 year old is not that great in how people evaluate the action.

by Anonymousreply 91May 20, 2022 6:42 PM

Wait, how does that make your point? I'm not well versed in circular logic.

by Anonymousreply 92May 21, 2022 2:18 AM

It was a different time. You can't judge it by today's values.

This 17-year old hosted SNL in that time period and appeared in a sketch that focused on her body and boobs.

Wouldn't happen today but it shows that it was a different time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93May 21, 2022 2:28 AM

And the sketch at R93 was written by a woman (Rachel Dratch).

by Anonymousreply 94May 21, 2022 2:30 AM

And approved by Tina Fey, if I recall correctly. She was the head writer at the time, I think.

by Anonymousreply 95May 21, 2022 2:34 AM

Yes, R95.

by Anonymousreply 96May 21, 2022 2:35 AM

How old was Sanz when this was going on?

by Anonymousreply 97May 21, 2022 2:36 AM

The SNL cast from that era was relatively tame compared to earlier casts.

But Tracy Jordan threw some wild parties where he had hookers going down on each other. It's in some book that one of the SNLers wrote.

Meanwhile, the current cast are almost angels. The cast has gotten much more professional and less blue collar over the years.

by Anonymousreply 98May 21, 2022 2:39 AM

I am so sick of the term "grooming" being applied to every behavior of a creep that I invoke Chery's Bane to protect all the pussies out there, to spare us the incessant OUTRAGE!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 99May 21, 2022 2:39 AM

[quote] The Salem Witch Trials claims are silly, you sound hysterical.

I ceased to be frightened of name-calling years ago, honey.

by Anonymousreply 100May 21, 2022 3:04 AM

This woman made a mistake in attacking the entire cast. It turned a lot of people off to her story.

by Anonymousreply 101May 21, 2022 4:45 AM

People don’t care because the majority of the public hasn’t given a shit about SNL in years.

by Anonymousreply 102May 21, 2022 5:17 AM

I forgot how fuckable young Fallon was.

by Anonymousreply 103May 21, 2022 5:32 AM

[quote]And the sketch at [R93] was written by a woman (Rachel Dratch).

Should that even matter? It's frankly sexist to use that as some defense, or shield.

by Anonymousreply 104May 21, 2022 6:21 AM

I can’t stand Jimmy Fallon, but I find him disturbingly hot in OP’s post.

by Anonymousreply 105May 21, 2022 6:46 AM

The takeaway from this thread is that we forgot or never knew that Fallon was a hot twink.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106May 21, 2022 8:38 AM

Didn't read the article but did she flash her driver's license before responding to any communication? Was she open about her age?

by Anonymousreply 107May 21, 2022 9:10 AM

^^honest about her age^^

by Anonymousreply 108May 21, 2022 9:11 AM

The legal responsibility is on the parents to supervise and make decisions about their children.

If a company, group or individual drafted rules, created choices or made decisions about how to supervise (or not) their child and/ or interferes, supersedes or contradicts parental care or her individual’s choice - and she got raped anyways or she lost a career-changing opportunity with the job,

the parents would sue.

THIS is why no one intervenes nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 109May 21, 2022 9:27 AM

[quote] Should that even matter? It's frankly sexist to use that as some defense, or shield.

Trotting out the word 'sexist" may make people bow down before you on reddit, but you're on Datalounge.

Your judgey little woke labels don't matter much here.

Frankly.

by Anonymousreply 110May 21, 2022 3:51 PM

[quote]Why is it every fat man I've ever met has been morally corrupt?

Why is it that the trolls get up so early to post their horseshit?

by Anonymousreply 111May 21, 2022 4:13 PM

r106 Dayum gurrl! And he has the requisite hot twink hair and wardrobe from the era.

Too bad he morphed into a puffy middle-aged lesbian present day.

by Anonymousreply 112May 21, 2022 5:05 PM

Yeah, she definitely wanted Fallon back then.

by Anonymousreply 113May 21, 2022 5:10 PM

Agree, R113. Fallon was very popular with female SNL viewers and he was featured in all the teen magazines.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114May 22, 2022 12:49 AM

r114 I would cum on that face.

by Anonymousreply 115May 22, 2022 3:52 AM

Aww ya old romantic R115

by Anonymousreply 116May 22, 2022 5:17 AM

Recent affidavit named Ana Gasteyer, Rachel Dratch, Tina Fey, Seth Meyers, and Maya Rudolph as witnessing one of the incidents.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117June 10, 2022 10:08 PM

The OP says "It’s disgusting".

R68 says "It’s disgusting".

They are disgusted. The vomit is rising in their throat and they're about to 'degust' all over themselves.

by Anonymousreply 118June 10, 2022 10:18 PM

Jimmy looks like Martin Short’s puckish agent in “The Big Picture.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119June 10, 2022 10:18 PM

I still don’t understand how you can groom someone that’s of legal age.

by Anonymousreply 120June 10, 2022 10:31 PM

A minor? A forty-niner, and his shoes were number 9.

by Anonymousreply 121June 10, 2022 10:42 PM

As someone who had a close friend in college who I learned many years later was being accused of sexual harassment and date rape, I had no clue. I knew he was a womanizer and dated a lot of girls on campus, but I did not know either first hand or indirectly through others of improper behavior. Being friends with someone does not implicate you of things they do, especially if you were not aware of it. Personally I was bisexual and I myself had a short affair with a professor's assistant (a female) when I was 18 and she was late 20s. Today it would be not just inappropriate but grounds for possible termination. Back then it wasn't a big ethical issue. If it was consensual nobody cared.

by Anonymousreply 122June 10, 2022 10:53 PM

This chick seems to think guilty by association. Unless all those cast members are going on record to defend Horatio then I don't see why she's dragging them into it.

by Anonymousreply 123June 10, 2022 10:58 PM

Why is she filing this lawsuit now? Why would anyone remember seeing somebody grope a girl from twenty years ago, when week after week they were going to drunken, drug fueled parties where everybody was groping each other? She thinks that this was some special event and this moment ruined her life.

by Anonymousreply 124June 10, 2022 11:39 PM

That stinking fat fuck "groomed a minor?"

Yeah, right.

A gold minor.

by Anonymousreply 125June 11, 2022 12:13 AM

Any leaks of Fallon's phallus?

by Anonymousreply 126June 11, 2022 1:20 AM

He's cute and fun. I wish he had groomed me.

by Anonymousreply 127June 11, 2022 1:54 AM

Was Ana Gasteyer still going to SNL after parties in May 2002? She was eight months pregnant at the time.

by Anonymousreply 128June 11, 2022 2:36 AM

Eeeew he was digitally pentrating her in front of cast members Ana Gasteyer, Tina Fey, Seth Meyers, etc.

by Anonymousreply 129June 11, 2022 2:46 AM

[Quote]Call me when someone fucks or diddles someone who can’t yet grow pubic hair.

Alopecia ain't no laughin' matter, motherfucker.

by Anonymousreply 130June 11, 2022 3:56 AM

Is it bad that I don’t care?

by Anonymousreply 131June 11, 2022 4:07 AM

I’ll say this again, if anyone restricted her from going to work related events the parents would’ve sued- saying she/they couldn’t meet the same movie producers, executives or connections other SNL staff met that opened other opportunities. This is why no one bothered.

by Anonymousreply 132June 11, 2022 8:36 AM

Sorry, R132, are you saying that she worked there? She was a high school student who fancied herself the leader of a fan club. She put herself in the position of being manipulated and abused, she got manipulated and abused, then she waited twenty years and decided that she wasn't satisfied with her life and looked around for someone to blame.

by Anonymousreply 133June 11, 2022 2:34 PM

None of that matters. Adults have a duty of care.

by Anonymousreply 134June 11, 2022 2:42 PM

Horacio couldn’t even groom himself.

by Anonymousreply 135June 11, 2022 4:36 PM

He sounds swell.

by Anonymousreply 136June 11, 2022 4:39 PM

I wish him well.

by Anonymousreply 137June 11, 2022 4:57 PM

[quote] This chick seems to think guilty by association. Unless all those cast members are going on record to defend Horatio then I don't see why she's dragging them into it.

She probably views them as "enablers: But, in the early 2000s, laws may have been lax and there might not have been anything the cast members could have done. I also think she probably has resentment towards those cast members because Tina Fey produces a lot of projects and casts Gasteyer, Rudolph, and Dratch quite a bit.

I'm surprised the accuser hasn't bitched up a storm regarding the comedy podcasts Sanz did for the several years before the scandal broke. He was in a lot of Scott Aukerman's Comedy Bang Bang podcast episodes and other podcasts produced by Paul Scheer, Matt Besser, Lauren Lapkus, and others in the LA improv crowd. But, a lot of podcasts are paywalled on Stitcher Premium. Sanz often seemed to show up on improv podcasts were the other improvisers were usually millennials who are 10-15 years younger than him.

by Anonymousreply 138June 19, 2022 1:53 AM

NBC

Nothing But Creeps

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139June 19, 2022 2:22 AM

[quote]The 2021 lawsuit includes text message exchanges between the two dating as recently as 2019, where the comedian said he was “very sorry” about what happened. “If you want to metoo me you have every right,” he wrote Doe.

This is regarding the The twenty-seventh season of Saturday Night Live, which aired between September 29, 2001 and May 18, 2002.

This is 20 years ago and I don't know the extent, but they were dating at the very least in an on and off situation until 2019, when she was 37 yrs old.

She only filed this because of whatever happened in 2019. But she was fine with things until then. I can't get upset for a 17 yr old who consensually dated an adult

by Anonymousreply 140June 19, 2022 3:23 AM

[quote] Was Ana Gasteyer still going to SNL after parties in May 2002? She was eight months pregnant at the time.

I wonder if the fangirl misremembered or mistook Gasteyer for someone else. Maybe, it was Amy Poehler.

by Anonymousreply 141June 20, 2022 4:44 AM

Fuck twink Jimmy Fallon right in the bussy!

by Anonymousreply 142June 20, 2022 5:53 AM

Did hot young Fallon hook up with dudes?

by Anonymousreply 143June 20, 2022 9:22 AM

I'm thinking more major dirt will come out on Fallon at some point. Horatio's fangirl seems to be releasing more info little by little.

by Anonymousreply 144June 20, 2022 1:29 PM

If she wants to sue Sanz go for it. I don't like the thing where she's trying to drag anyone who was in their vicinity into her and Horatios personal drama. Personally I can't tell a 17 year old from a 19/20 year old. The only person with the responsibility to know this girls age was the person touching her.

by Anonymousreply 145June 20, 2022 2:12 PM

This reddit thread from when the story first broke is an interesting read. A couple of posters mention lurking/read SNL alt newsgroups in the early 2000s and knowing of a teenage girl who attended SNL parties. Another poster says he or she knew a woman who creeped on by Sanz in the improv community.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146June 20, 2022 2:45 PM

^^I meant to type " who was creeped on by Sanz"

by Anonymousreply 147June 20, 2022 2:49 PM

God, I’m so tired of this shit. It’s like the satanic panic of the ‘80s. The girl was 17. That’s young, but it’s the age of consent in New York. I’m so tired of everyone who made a bad choice when they were young now targeting their exes or hookups as groomers and predators. Evan Rachel Wood was recently talking about her abuse at the hands of Marilyn Manson, describing how he was initially sweet and caring with her as “classic grooming behavior.” Um, no, that’s classic behavior for anyone trying to date someone or simply get laid.

by Anonymousreply 148June 20, 2022 2:58 PM

R140, That’s a LONG time to be grooming somebody!

by Anonymousreply 149June 20, 2022 3:58 PM

R4: lol! I see the first post but the next one for me is r4 — your post.

Probably no-life footface changing IPs like crazy, as usual.

by Anonymousreply 150June 20, 2022 4:11 PM

The age of consent in New York state is indeed 17, so she has no case whatsoever against Horatio Sanz... much less the cast of SNL.

[bold]NEXT.[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 151June 20, 2022 6:06 PM

[quote] The age of consent in New York state is indeed 17, so she has no case whatsoever against Horatio Sanz

That's what 𝑰'𝒗𝒆 been saying. How much good did that do me?

by Anonymousreply 152June 20, 2022 9:42 PM

R144, I don't think so. And what "new" info has she released?

I hope we eventually learn her identity. She seems like a POS. As per R140, she was dating Sanz on and off till she was 37.

Also, R140, the thing that "happened" in 2019 was this:

In January 2019, New York legislators passed the New York Child Victims Act. This revolutionary Act amends the state's statute of limitations to allow child sex abuse victims more time to come forward and seek the justice they deserve against both their abuser and the compliant institutions that enabled the abuse.

She saw an opportunity to make $$$$.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153June 21, 2022 12:06 AM

[quote]I hope we eventually learn her identity

A poster on that reddit thread mentioned something Google having archives of news altgroups and that might be easy to figure out her identity.

When I was 13, my family got dial up internet service and I followed some SNL fan sites. This was 1998 and back fan sites were really basic looking. I remember one fan site was run by a teenage boy who I think was 17 at the time I started reading his site. I can't recall if he attended tapings, but he had pics of himself with SNL cast members. I wonder if this young woman crossed paths with that guy because he somehow seemed to have connections to cast members. I think his name was Sean. I stopped following that site after a few years. I recall visiting some SNL forums in the early 2000s here and there.

by Anonymousreply 154June 21, 2022 12:20 AM

[quote] Where are the adults known as her parents? How is she hanging out at that hour if she's "just a child"?

I get the vibe that she was some kind of spoiled brat theater or wannabe comedian kid with parents who were dumb enough give into her SNL activities. In high school/teen years, there's at least person you know whose parents let them do whatever the fuck they want.

by Anonymousreply 155June 21, 2022 4:30 AM

The Daily Beast article says the accuser lied to her parents and never told them about going to SNL parties and tapings. She had some after school job that she used to pay for train tickets to go to NYC. I might have missed it, but articles don't mention where she lived. She also said that she wanted to and believed that she would eventually work at SNL and that she viewed the activities as networking. My take she was a naive kid who thought hanging out with Sanz, Fallon, and others was going to guarantee her some kind of SNL job later in the life. But, Sanz and Fallon probably had no interest in ever helping her work at SNL. The other article that mentions Rachel Dratch and Tina Fey laughing at Sanz and the accuser. I'm guessing the accuser's networking activities rubbed Dratch, Fey, and others the wrong way and they probably viewed her someone trying to fuck her way into SNL employment.

The Daily Beast article mentions that in 2019 the accuser reported Sanz to Upright Citizens Brigade. I don't know what the fuck she expected them to do, since her incidents with Sanz never took place at UCB communities. UCB should only be held responsible for shit that goes on at their premises. I wonder if she trying to get UCB to tell her dirt on Sanz.

by Anonymousreply 156June 21, 2022 1:23 PM

R156, the more you describe this woman the more she sounds like a classic groupie. But instead of rock stars, she liked comedians. I wonder how many guys in the comedy world she has gone through? Approaching 40, she must have been disappointed that she never hooked someone big in the comedy world like John Mulaney's baby mama did.

Also, if her parent really didn't know, it's because they didn't want to know or didn't care. She was out all Saturday night and returning home (if she actually did) on Sunday mornings at the earliest. As I recall, she lived in Pennsylvania which is a long way from NYC.

Also, why should Fallon or Sanz have been interested in getting her a job? Most of the people associated with that show had to struggle and go through rigorous auditions before they landed a spot there. And what exactly was her talent? What does for a living?

I think a NY jury would laugh at her story. Too bad for her, so much time has passed since the original MeToo# outcry that she is likely to get the Amber Heard treatment.

by Anonymousreply 157June 22, 2022 12:32 AM

R157 She does sound like a classic groupie and I'm sure she was viewed as that by some of the people at SNL. There have been probably other SNL groupie types before this woman was involved with Fallon and Sanz. There have probably been other groupies after this woman.

[quote] I wonder how many guys in the comedy world she has gone through? Approaching 40, she must have been disappointed that she never hooked someone big in the comedy world like John Mulaney's baby mama did.

I wonder about this as well since one of the articles mentioned something about her seeing Sanz at comedy festival in 2019. I'm betting she probably went to various comedy fests nearby to either get near Sanz or other comedians. If she lived in Philly as a teenager, the train ride into NYC would be a few hours. She probably found ways to sneak into comedy clubs or improv theaters in NYC. She reported Sanz to UCB, she may have been hanging out at UCB NY as a teenager with Sanz. I wouldn't be surprised if she also hung out at comedy clubs or other improv communities.

[quote] Also, why should Fallon or Sanz have been interested in getting her a job? Most of the people associated with that show had to struggle and go through rigorous auditions before they landed a spot there. And what exactly was her talent? What does for a living?

SNL has/had a practice in which cast members can recommend people for writing jobs on the show. Katie Rich, the SNL writer who got suspended for making the joke about Barron Trump was hired to SNL writing staff on recommendation by Cecily Strong. . Strong and Rich are friends from i0 in Chicago. The other example I recall is that Mikey Day was hired on recommendation by Nasim Pedrad. My guess is that this woman was somehow hoping Sanz or Fallon would do something similar for her. I think SNL cast members getting their improv pals jobs isn't necessarily a bad thing if the pals recommended for jobs have decent writing talent. It seems like this woman likely thought she was on a faster track because she was hanging out at SNL as a teenager.

by Anonymousreply 158June 22, 2022 1:29 AM

R158 that is what I'm wondering. Did she ever do improv? Like Colin Jost recommended Michael Che to SNL and Fallon recommended Andy Samberg but both Che and Samberg were already doing things in the comedy. They had experience. That's why I want to know what type of work this woman has been doing.

by Anonymousreply 159June 22, 2022 1:37 AM

[quote] that is what I'm wondering. Did she ever do improv? Like Colin Jost recommended Michael Che to SNL and Fallon recommended Andy Samberg but both Che and Samberg were already doing things in the comedy. They had experience. That's why I want to know what type of work this woman has been doing.

I also wonder what she's does for a living. I have the feeling she isn't working in the entertainment industry as seems to have resentment towards some of the monetary success some SNL cast members like Fey, Meyers, and Fallon have had. One of the articles that mentioned her going to UCB to report Sanz gave the impression that she didn't really know in the beginning about how to take legal action against him. Basically UCB told her to contact NBC.

It's possible Sanz told the accuser to get into an improv group as SNL mostly scouts from improv communities for writers and cast members. Improv isn't glamorous and basically performers have day jobs or do commercial work to pay the bills while doing improv at night or on weekends. I listen to a lot of comedy podcasts from improv performers or actors who got started in improv and the stories they tell range from audience members constantly giving them shit when performances flop, having shows cancelled due to low ticket sales, issues with improv team members, theatre owners and artistic directors, theaters moving spaces because of rent issues and property tax issues etc. Some improv performers have done cruise ship work or college campus tours which can be draining. There was some podcast where a performer mentioned doing shows on an Alaskan cruise ship and she described it as miserable because most of the people going to the shows were older people who just didn't understand improv.

Given that Sanz's accuser got to go SNL after parties as a teenager at expensive restaurants or SNL cast member homes, I can't imagine she would have been happy to hang around other unknown performers at improv theaters doing very low budget sketch or Harold shows or traveling around in cruise ships or college campuses. On the other hand, SNL isn't all that glamourous. SNL is one of the lower paying workplaces in the entertainment industry. Former cast members and writers have said the work schedule is exhausting. Larry David hated the all night writing sessions and fought with higher ups on that when he was writer back in the 80s. I also recall a former SNL cast member saying that working on sitcoms was easier than SNL. It's sort of sad that the accuser had it in her head that SNL was some kind of comedy utopia. But, she doesn't come off as all that sympathetic with how she basically expected Fallon, Sanz, Lorne Michaels, and others to get her work at SNL just because she was tagging along to afterparties.

by Anonymousreply 160June 22, 2022 3:14 AM

R160, she wanted to be Fallon's girlfriend. Now she's rewriting history and says she wanted to work at SNL.

by Anonymousreply 161June 22, 2022 11:28 PM

I think it could have been a situation where the girl wasn't attractive enough for Fallon and Sanz went after her.

If this goes to trial, I hope newspaper or magazine journalists are allowed in because it would be interesting to see how defense attorneys would cross examine the accuser especially since 20 plus years have gone by. Also, articles mentioned she asked NBC for 7.5 million in exchange for her silence.

by Anonymousreply 162June 23, 2022 12:25 AM

Have Seth, Maya, Ana or Rachel said anything yet?

by Anonymousreply 163July 6, 2022 4:37 AM

R163 No. And nor should they. This is Horatios problem and they should not be dragged into it just because they were his co worker. If they make any sort of statement they will immediately be hounded by an online mob shrieking " complicit, complicit!".

by Anonymousreply 164July 6, 2022 4:45 AM

This bitch is drama central!

You tried to sleep your way to the top, only you're working amongst the bottom (pun intended). You're no different than Rose McGowen, only you really went after the LOWEST hanging fruit! Serves you right, bitch!

You have to be way more savvy to make it in Hollywood, darling!

by Anonymousreply 165July 6, 2022 4:48 AM

R133 "She put herself in the position of being manipulated and abused, she got manipulated and abused"

you're disgusting

by Anonymousreply 166July 6, 2022 5:10 AM

Horatio Sanz is a nobody. How has he managed to keep this under wraps? Is Lorne stepping in to protect SNL?

by Anonymousreply 167July 6, 2022 12:29 PM

[quote] This is Horatios problem and they should not be dragged into it just because they were his co worker.

It worked for Dylan Farrow.

by Anonymousreply 168July 6, 2022 12:58 PM

R167 It's because he is not particularly famous that it hasn't received a lot of publicity.

by Anonymousreply 169July 6, 2022 4:13 PM

r114 I would do naughty things with Y2K Fallon.

by Anonymousreply 170July 7, 2022 3:43 AM

R167, he hasn't been on SNL in about 15 years. What other projects do you know him from? If people don't remember his time at SNL they are not even going to know who he is.

by Anonymousreply 171July 8, 2022 12:29 AM

People might remember him as playing the stepdad of Amy Poehler's annoying Kaitlin character. Sanz was on short lived Great News sitcom that was produced by Tina Fey several years ago. I liked that show, but it got canned after a couple of seasons. Yeah, Sanz has never received that much publicity.

R167 Lorne is probably working behind the scenes to protect SNL. Tina, Rachel, Seth, Maya, Ana, and the others will keep quiet as well.

by Anonymousreply 172July 9, 2022 2:59 PM

Where were the parents when this child was partying? Abusive situation -- almost to be expected.

by Anonymousreply 173July 9, 2022 3:05 PM

R173 I think it was one of those Daily Beast articles that she said she never told her parents about going to NYC. She probably used some classic cover story about sleeping over at a friend's house during the weekends.

by Anonymousreply 174July 9, 2022 3:23 PM

R174

Bet she regrets it now!

by Anonymousreply 175July 9, 2022 4:01 PM

Update:

Woman Claims Jimmy Fallon, Tracy Morgan & Lorne Michaels Were “Enablers” In Horatio Sanz’ Alleged Sexual Assault Of Minor

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176August 24, 2022 12:49 AM

This is reddit thread has a link to the amended complaint. The complaint includes pictures of notes the accuser had on her SNL trips and pics of her (face is blurred out) with Fallon and Sanz. Also, pics of autographs from cast members.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177August 24, 2022 1:42 AM

She changed lawyers. I see she is now putting Tracy Morgan in the spotlight. Likely, because of his wild partying history at SNL.

Is she now letting the female cast members off the hook? Didn't they also participate in the party culture?

by Anonymousreply 178August 24, 2022 1:51 AM

R178 In the amended complaint there's a part about how "her idols Tina Fey and Rachel Dratch" laughed at her when Sanz was groping her and rubbing her vagina. The amended complaint is interesting because they quoted comments from past female cast members about the SNL environment being sexist.

by Anonymousreply 179August 24, 2022 1:55 AM

So, if I went to a party am I potentially an enabler? If someone was underage and/or under the influence? Can they sue me years later as an "enabler"?

by Anonymousreply 180August 24, 2022 1:58 AM

This woman is around 40 but you would think she grew up in the current era and was a Zoomer based on the logic of her lawsuit.

Did she not notice that Lindsay Lohan was a 17-year old host? And that they did an entire sketch focusing on her boobs? And it was written by Rachel Dratch? Did this woman not watch the show?

by Anonymousreply 181August 24, 2022 2:00 AM

Chris Kattan is mentioned as a rubbing the thigh of Jane Doe's friend. Didn't Norm MacDonald claim that Kattan was a perv or was it someone else?

by Anonymousreply 182August 24, 2022 2:18 AM

I thought Norm implied Chris was gay.

by Anonymousreply 183August 24, 2022 2:22 AM

After Norm passed, weren't there young women accusing him of being a perv?

by Anonymousreply 184August 24, 2022 2:24 AM

After Norm died, Kattan claimed their feud was fake. IIRC, Colin Quinn mentioned that a former "elfish" cast member was in the closet. The guesses were Kattan or Will Ferrell.

by Anonymousreply 185August 24, 2022 2:28 AM

Jeff Richards is mentioned in the complaint as being another guy who sexually assaulted two of the accuser's friends. The accuser said that Sanz told her to be keep quiet about it. I always found Jeff Richards to be creepy on MadTV and SNL.

by Anonymousreply 186August 24, 2022 2:34 AM

[quote] Is she now letting the female cast members off the hook? Didn't they also participate in the party culture?

She also mentions Ana Gasteyer and Maya Rudolph being at parties. She claims that Gasteyer and Rudolph both looked shocked and disgusted. I might have missed it, but there was no mention of Amy Poehler in the complaint.

by Anonymousreply 187August 24, 2022 3:11 AM

If her pussy bleeds every month, then she's not a minor.

by Anonymousreply 188August 24, 2022 3:41 AM

I'm kind of surprised some right wing media sites haven't really covered this story.

by Anonymousreply 189August 24, 2022 5:25 PM

It’s weird, if a fifteen year old were at a party like this now, I would be outraged. But back then, in this one specific time in pop culture, I think I would’ve found it normal. This was the time of Britney and Paris and Lindsay. Pop culture was filled with very young girls being “bad,” and we all just sort of accepted it. I’m not excusing it, but I can absolutely believe that brown adults saw this happening and turned a blind eye.

by Anonymousreply 190August 24, 2022 7:03 PM

*grown. Oof.

by Anonymousreply 191August 24, 2022 7:15 PM

15-year old Brooke Shields was going to Club 54.

I think she also played a child prostitute when she was 12.

She was 15 in this commercial which was on during the day all the time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192August 24, 2022 11:15 PM

R187, she dropped the women and Seth Meyers because it made the story too complicated and they weren't big enough celebrities.

by Anonymousreply 193August 24, 2022 11:44 PM

[quote]It’s weird, if a fifteen year old were at a party like this now, I would be outraged. But back then, in this one specific time in pop culture, I think I would’ve found it normal. This was the time of Britney and Paris and Lindsay. Pop culture was filled with very young girls being “bad,” and we all just sort of accepted it. I’m not excusing it, but I can absolutely believe that brown adults saw this happening and turned a blind eye

There's a docuseries called Keep This Between Us which premiered earlier this week on Freeform and it's also streaming on Hulu. It's about a woman who was a teenager in the late 90s/early 2000s. She was groomed by her teacher into having a sexual relationship. In the documentary it's mentioned how teen girls being bad or highly sexualized was normalized and accepted back then. The documentary sort of reminded of this because there were parts were another teacher of the woman had previously defended the teacher she was sleeping with. But, in the documentary it was clear that he was trying to redeem himself for a turning a blind eye.

by Anonymousreply 194September 1, 2022 4:35 AM

R194 My mom started dating my dad when she was 18 and he was 37. When my sister asked her why, my mom said, "It was the 70s."

by Anonymousreply 195September 1, 2022 5:22 AM

Lawsuit accusing former 'SNL' star Horatio Sanz of grooming, assaulting teen is dismissed

The suit, filed last year in New York City, was dismissed on Nov. 23, according to a new court filing. The claim cannot be refiled because it was dismissed with prejudice.

“All claims asserted by Plaintiff Jane Doe … are hereby dismissed with prejudice, without costs and attorneys’ fees to any party or against any other party," the filing said.

In a statement, an attorney for the plaintiff said, "The parties have resolved their dispute and have moved on."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196December 1, 2022 12:50 PM

Everyone wanted to cover this story when they thought Sanz would be found guilty. But now that it has ended this way no one is covering it. That is going to make it hard for Sanz.

But I think with his SNL connections he'll be okay eventually.

by Anonymousreply 197December 1, 2022 1:00 PM

He was horny, she desperately wanted attention, and everyone in this situation acted with poor judgment.

by Anonymousreply 198December 1, 2022 1:42 PM

I don't get it. The age of consent in NY State is 17 years old. These girls were of age. Not to drink, but old enough under the law to be an adult's sexual partner.

A 17 year old is not a child, no matter how dumb they are.

by Anonymousreply 199December 1, 2022 1:45 PM

R199 he was fingering her on a couch at a party in front of everyone. She was most likely not sober. That’s predatory & exploitative.

And the mean girls just laughed & walked away

by Anonymousreply 200December 1, 2022 1:47 PM

You're right, R199. The problem is that treating a 17-year old like an adult is no longer culturally acceptable even though it may be legal.

Also, older people understand what was considered normal in the culture back then but younger people do not. Thus, Sanz and NBC probably just found it easier to give her a payoff if that is what actually happened. I guess we'll never know.

She stayed friends with Horatio until they passed that law in NY that allows people to sue over child sex abuse. I guess she was near 40 and hadn't achieved any success in the comedy field like she had hoped. So she decided to extort Sanz and NBC for money.

by Anonymousreply 201December 1, 2022 1:59 PM

Case dismissed with prejudice.

Yet he's still guilty!

by Anonymousreply 202December 1, 2022 3:19 PM

Well, she was just seventeen, and you know what I mean / And the way she looked was way beyond compare / So how could I dance with another? (Oh) / When I saw her standing there?

I wonder if Horatio used this in his defense. I can see someone suing for sexual assault over getting publicly fingered, I guess. But not for "grooming." Grooming suggest someone who is underage and being taken advantage of sexually. That is not the case here.

by Anonymousreply 203December 1, 2022 7:13 PM

R35 Damn you! I came to say the same thing but was going to sign my post "Davy Jones". This is why I love DL so much

by Anonymousreply 204December 1, 2022 9:12 PM

[quote] She stayed friends with Horatio until they passed that law in NY that allows people to sue over child sex abuse. I guess she was near 40 and hadn't achieved any success in the comedy field like she had hoped. So she decided to extort Sanz and NBC for money.

She probably stayed friends with him thinking he would help in the comedy business, but he never did. When I read the complaints months ago, I cringed at how she believed that she would eventually work at SNL as a writer and she considered her activities as networking. I think back then most cast members just viewed her as a groupie type who was desperate to be seen as some kind of "cool kid".

by Anonymousreply 205December 2, 2022 3:20 AM

This is a weird case where being washed up actually helped sanz. This really did not receive much media attention because everyone had sort of forgotten him.

by Anonymousreply 206December 2, 2022 3:56 AM

Is Sanz fuckable now that he’s slimmed down?

by Anonymousreply 207December 2, 2022 3:57 AM

He's slimmed down?

by Anonymousreply 208December 2, 2022 3:57 AM

He lost some weight a few years back. Maybe he's gained it back.

by Anonymousreply 209December 2, 2022 4:37 AM

R205 he may have helped her but that doesn't guarantee success. In the end, she would have to have some talent as a writer.

Also, her saying she thought she would be working in the comedy field, that could be rewritten history from an adult perspective. Originally, it seemed her motive was to get close to Jimmy Fallon because she found him hot.

In 2022, you can't invite a 17-year old to an SNL party. But she supposedly blackmailed Sanz for 7 million. Plus, she probably has a history that would not win her sympathy in a courtroom. She tried to get the public on her side but failed to generate much interest on social media. Both parties realized it was best to settle. I doubt she got as much as she wanted.

by Anonymousreply 210December 2, 2022 3:12 PM

Horatio after the weight loss, I have no idea if he found the weight he lost.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211December 7, 2022 10:55 AM

I'm not defending Sanz at all but it's always worth pointing out when someone like Sanz is accused of these sorts of things that the public is far more likely to point fingers and call him a creepy child molestor than they would someone thinner and more attractive. He has a creepy fat perv look, and that's the male equivalent of a post-menopausal woman with a wart on her face being accused of witchcraft, while a gorgeous busty young woman who wears a vial of human blood around her neck is called a sexy vamp. If a 35-year-old Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise had a fawning 17-year-old hanging around with him on set, many people would call that creepy but most would call the girl an ambitious young golddigger who lucked out.

by Anonymousreply 212December 7, 2022 11:02 AM

Of all the cast members this girl could've fan-girl'd over, she chose Horatio Sanz?

Right there is a red flag of poor judgement.

by Anonymousreply 213December 7, 2022 11:12 AM

[quote]Of all the cast members this girl could've fan-girl'd over, she chose Horatio Sanz?

What's wrong with Horatio?

by Anonymousreply 214December 20, 2022 11:02 AM

Skinny Horatio doesn't look THAT bad.

by Anonymousreply 215December 25, 2022 8:26 PM

It's not just his weight R215, it comes down to his lack of charisma on the show itself. He was always just a minor play with no real break out characters other than Carol.

by Anonymousreply 216January 4, 2023 10:02 AM

[quote] What's wrong with Horatio?

Apparently "Hellen" couldn't spell either.

by Anonymousreply 217January 4, 2023 12:21 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!