Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

One of MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell's banks has cut ties with him a month after citing him as a 'reputation risk'

It's not us, PillowBitch, it's YOU!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38May 31, 2023 10:58 PM

Hilarious. Surely there are Deplorable-favorable banks he can switch to.

by Anonymousreply 1February 15, 2022 7:08 PM

Big business is turning out to be one of the more effective defences against Republicans and their sympathisers.

by Anonymousreply 2February 15, 2022 7:11 PM

I’d cut ties with him for that horrendous dye-job.

by Anonymousreply 3February 15, 2022 7:15 PM

Big businesses know that the MAGA deplorable types are a minority albeit an obnoxiously loud one. They have a lot of other customers that they don't want to antagonize.

by Anonymousreply 4February 15, 2022 7:17 PM

They's the softest pilla on earth!

by Anonymousreply 5February 15, 2022 7:22 PM

And what if banks did that because you were gay. I could care less about political affiliation. It is wrong.if you dont want it done to you , dont appauld when it happens to someone else.

by Anonymousreply 6February 15, 2022 7:41 PM

You are truly a fucking idiot, R6. His criminal charges will be coming soon, moron. Funny that it happened right around the same time Trum's bank told him to fuck off. Hmm.

by Anonymousreply 7February 15, 2022 7:50 PM

[quote] His criminal charges will be coming soon, moron. Funny that it happened right around the same time Trum's bank told him to fuck off. Hmm.

I agree R7, indictments are coming. Also factor in that Pence, McConnell, John Thune, and others in the GQP have been distancing themselves from Dump lately. Even Miss Lindsey has taken a reasonable tone in the last couple of weeks. Something is up.

by Anonymousreply 8February 15, 2022 7:59 PM

[quote] And what if banks did that because you were gay.

I would expect us Gays, the LGBT Community and our allies to take appropriate action. You think the Q-Anon followers would come to our Liberal gay rescue? Be honest. Do you honestly think they would based on their past actions?

by Anonymousreply 9February 15, 2022 8:17 PM

[quote] Big businesses know that the MAGA deplorable types are a minority albeit an obnoxiously loud one. They have a lot of other customers that they don't want to antagonize.

In the ideal world, yes, but...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10February 15, 2022 8:44 PM

[quote]I’d cut ties with him for that horrendous dye-job.

But at least he doesn't leak like Rudy.

by Anonymousreply 11February 15, 2022 8:49 PM

Banking services shouldn’t be denied to people on the basis of criminal charges that are “coming soon,” R7. Banks are not in the business of detecting and prosecuting crimes. The obvious exceptions are terrorist funding or financial crimes where customers are using the bank for criminal activities or to move funds in relation to criminal activities. That doesn’t appear to be the case here.

And even if he were already charged and convicted, if a bank wants to deny services on the basis of criminal activity they should be as consistent as possible about it and have a stated policy.

by Anonymousreply 12February 15, 2022 8:54 PM

[quote] I’d cut ties with him for that horrendous dye-job.

[quote] But at least he doesn't leak like Rudy.

The stories we could tell *sob*

by Anonymousreply 13February 15, 2022 8:55 PM

[quote] The obvious exceptions are terrorist funding

Umm so an insurrection on Jan. 6, 2021 is not terrorism R12?

by Anonymousreply 14February 15, 2022 8:56 PM

Not our kind dear

by Anonymousreply 15February 15, 2022 8:59 PM

R14, No. that is not an obvious exception because the bank didn’t discover / suspect terrorist funding as a result of their processes. He may have funded terrorist activity, but unless it was the bank that identified it (and banks absolutely have procedures and processes in place for this), then it’s not the bank’s place to deny services to a customer who hasn’t even been charged, much less convicted.

That said, if the bank had looked at his accounts in light of news about him and found some evidence that he funded illegal activities then, fine. But they aren’t saying that. They are talking “reputational risk.” They aren’t freezing his accounts because of suspected criminal activity.

by Anonymousreply 16February 15, 2022 9:08 PM

R12 Ever seen one of those signs in a business, 'WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE TO ANYONE'?

by Anonymousreply 17February 15, 2022 9:09 PM

Slippery slope.

by Anonymousreply 18February 15, 2022 10:16 PM

Is this like the Chinese reputation score thing?

by Anonymousreply 19February 15, 2022 10:17 PM

R16, glad you aren't a lawyer.

by Anonymousreply 20February 15, 2022 10:23 PM

Banks reject and cancel customers all the time. Almost all credit card contracts allow the banks to cancel the card and call in the debt at any time, for example.

They see him as a bad risk to their business.

Not only will doing business with these crooks be bad PR for banks, but there will be criminal charges coming against the banks who continue to do business with these con artists.

by Anonymousreply 21February 15, 2022 10:31 PM

[quote] there will be criminal charges coming against the banks who continue to do business with these con artists.

What will the charges be?

by Anonymousreply 22February 15, 2022 10:38 PM

[quote] What will the charges be?

Probably 18 U.S.C. § 1005 (False Bank entries, reports, and transactions) or 18 U.S.C. § 1956(h) (Conspiracy to commit money laundering)

But there are several other possibilities

by Anonymousreply 23February 15, 2022 11:05 PM

Pillow Bitch is back on the crack pipe. It’s only a matter of time.

by Anonymousreply 24February 15, 2022 11:27 PM

He was standing outside the WH with a fucking paper with misspelled "Marshall[sic] Law" - the mother fucker was trying to help overthrow the American government. He is a terrorist.

by Anonymousreply 25February 16, 2022 1:16 AM

How Ironic that Pillow Pussy will to turn to stuffing his money in a mattress.

by Anonymousreply 26February 16, 2022 2:14 AM

^will have to

by Anonymousreply 27February 16, 2022 2:14 AM

[quote]Pillow Bitch is back on the crack pipe. It’s only a matter of time.

Being a crackhead would at least make him look far more respectable than being a Trump supporter.

by Anonymousreply 28February 16, 2022 2:20 AM

I love how the conservatards are all "businesses have the right to refuse their services to gays" but are now whining about a business refusing service to this motherfucking asshole.

by Anonymousreply 29February 16, 2022 4:14 AM

R29, glaring hypocrisy is the entire GOP platform. "Cancel culture!" they scream about the left, yet they are the ones who enacted censorship laws (aka white fragility laws because history hurts their fee-fees), snitch lines and book bans.

Boycotting Joe Rogan is "censorship!" they scream, yet apparently an NFL player is not allowed to silently protest.

"But her emails!" they scream...yet how many boxes did that orange pile of shit take out of the WH?

Etc. Etc. Etc. So many fucking examples of these assholes projecting.

by Anonymousreply 30February 16, 2022 4:18 AM

It's because we aren't people to them, R29. Gays, lesbians, liberals, blacks, women...our needs matter less than the batshit, seditious My Pillow Guy because as disgusting as Mike Lindell is, he is a human being to them and we are not.

by Anonymousreply 31February 16, 2022 4:20 AM

R6 was inartful but made an interesting comment with the benefit of hindsight:

“And what if banks did that because you were gay. I could care less about political affiliation. It is wrong.if you dont want it done to you , dont appauld when it happens to someone else.”

I wonder if we will ever get a pride event-driven bank run. Nothing would surprise me.

by Anonymousreply 32May 31, 2023 4:18 PM

[quote]I could care less about political affiliation.

Oh, dear.

Based on your baleful howls of outrage, I think we can all see that you do seem to care a lot. So, none of us are surprised at all that it is possible for you to care less about it.

by Anonymousreply 33May 31, 2023 4:24 PM

Wonder if this precedent will be used to deny banking services to anyone who's been investigated, accused of, indicted for, or convicted of a crime. It could be a great excuse for banks to cut loose minority and low-income customers, which would probably please these banks greatly. That would, of course, include denying them loans and mortgages.

by Anonymousreply 34May 31, 2023 4:32 PM

R6, How about because he's insane?

by Anonymousreply 35May 31, 2023 4:42 PM

Poor r34, thinking that banks and other financial institutions don't make these very choices and decisions EVERY DAMN DAY!!

Oh, and BTW, MORON, we have actual anti-discriminatory laws regarding racial, sexual orientation, religion, etc.

But none regarding halting business with a nut job.

by Anonymousreply 36May 31, 2023 4:45 PM

KYC and AML FWIW

(Maybe where some posters live detecting crimes isn’t required of banks, but is the US it is)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37May 31, 2023 9:48 PM

I’ll bet lindell prays to trump every night before he goes to bed and then cries himself to sleep every night.

He might even wet the bed.

by Anonymousreply 38May 31, 2023 10:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!