Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

My childhood growing up in LA with famous neighbors

My Nana bought a home in 1965 that I think she paid $20k for at the time. She liked the home because it was in the hills on a cul-de-sac which she thought would be safer for two little kids. My older sister and I lived with her during most of our childhood.

There were only three other homes on the street beside ours when she bought it. The neighbors across the street from us bought the vacant lots at the end of the street. He eventually sold them off and they built two homes at the very end and another almost at the end. Someone else built another home across from us and north. Soon every lot on the street was built with huge, expensive homes.

Eventually Dolly Parton and her husband Carl Dean, and Ricardo Montalban would become our next-door neighbors. Joel Gray lived a couple houses down from us in a smaller bungalow.

Bob Hope lived up the street from us at the time. He later gave the home to his daughter who had a toddler. The toddler, Andrew, used to walk down our street with his nanny and we’d leave candy for him in our mail box. I was about eight at the time. He had a Korean nanny who would call my neighbor’s cats “meow meow” which is Korean for “cat” I was told.

Madonna ended up buying Bob Hope’s house and totally redoing it. This was 1984 or so. I remember that Like a Virgin and Material Girl were constantly on the radio at the time. I’d see her jogging up the hills with her personal trainer. She later sold the house to Leonardo DiCaprio.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369October 21, 2022 2:21 PM

Cheryl Ladd lived a block from me during the ‘80s. Her house was next-door to Madonna. She had three dogs which seemed to escape her yard once every couple of weeks. These dogs would somehow climb onto the roof of her garage and bark at you when you walked by. The dogs would naturally walk down our street to our house. I would round them up and take them back to her house. She never said “thank you” to me and kept letting her dogs escape. I returned her dogs back to her many times. I think they liked me much better than her.

I actually didn’t recognize her as Cheryl Ladd. I thought it was just some woman. Then I went to a pool party at David Niven Jr’s house up the street. He lived a block from me. He told me Cheryl Ladd lived in between us. About six months after I went to the pool party, I saw David Niven Jr rolling a full-sized dining table down the street. This table could have easily sat eight people. The table had wheels on the feet. I ask him what the hell he’s doing. He said Cheryl was having a party and asked to borrow a table. I helped him push the table to her house as the last part was up a little hill. He said he’d been friends with her for a while. I later learned that they were dating.

by Anonymousreply 1February 12, 2022 6:39 PM

OK, I’m willing to see where this is going.

by Anonymousreply 2February 12, 2022 6:42 PM

Dolly Parton and her husband Carl Dean bought the house next door to us in the mid-1980s. I remember it was right after Rhinestone was released because my Nana and I went to see it at the movie theater. We were both huge fans of Dolly’s, especially 9 to 5, so we were beyond thrilled to find out that she had bought the house next to us.

It was a Mediterranean house at the end of the cul-de-sac with spectacular views of the city. Our dear neighbors across the street from us owned that land and built that home in 1977. I remember playing on that lot as a kid. I also remember crawling around the home when it was under construction. When Dolly owned the home it was painted and decorated in pastels. Those were the "in" colors at the time. She and Carl lived there for about 5 years. I remember her telling us about being in Louisiana filming a movie with Sally Field and Shirley MacLaine, which turned out to be Steel Magnolias. Nana and I went to see it and loved it. We raved about the movie the next time we saw her and that really seemed to please her. She sold her house the following year.

A quick story about Dolly. Soon after she moved into her house, she came home late with her husband and saw our other neighbor's house on fire. While Carl Dean called 911, Dolly ran to the door, knocked and yelled to wake up Inga, an older woman who lived by herself. Inga thought she was a “cross-dressing Dolly Parton lookalike" and refused to open the door. Fortunately, she smelled smoke and got out of the house just in time. Dolly Parton basically saved my neighbor’s life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3February 12, 2022 6:47 PM

The father of my childhood best friend, who lived three houses down from me, had an affair with the woman who lived directly across the street from him. She was married and had two young daughters. I remember when my friend and his siblings found out about the affair. One morning the woman across the street drove into her driveway and when she got out of her car, they all started yelling at her and calling her names, which shocked me. Both couples ended up getting divorced. My friend's father moved out, and the family across the street sold their house and they all moved away.

Okay, so they were only famous on my street (infamous is more like it, I guess), but what the fuck....

by Anonymousreply 4February 12, 2022 6:50 PM

Thank you for the anecdotes, OP.

Very enjoyable!

by Anonymousreply 5February 12, 2022 6:54 PM

Had to look up DN Jr.

How many ‘Angels’ did he plow through, anyway?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6February 12, 2022 6:58 PM

And what was really done on that table top?

by Anonymousreply 7February 12, 2022 7:01 PM

Behind us was a large lot that had a home where a few hippie families lived. When Sharon Tate was murdered not too far from us, rumors started that members of the Manson family were partying up there. Nana and everybody in the neighborhood were understandably on edge, as our property was literally adjacent to theirs.

I was just a toddler at the time, so I didn’t find out about all of this until years later. Eventually the house burned down and was razed. I used to skateboard in the empty pool.

by Anonymousreply 8February 12, 2022 7:06 PM

Did David Nevin Jr fuck your ass real good, Max? You two were butt-buddies. He easily was old enough to be your dad and then some. Why didn’t your Nana have him arrested in 1984?

by Anonymousreply 9February 12, 2022 7:12 PM

Ricardo Montalban bought the lot and became our neighbor.

The first time I met Ricardo Montalban was at the Beverly Hills YMCA when I was six. He used to swim there after swim team practice when they had masters swim time. He always wore a bathing cap to swim obviously because he wore a hairpiece. He swam to help with his back issues caused from a deformed back and an injury which made one leg 6-8 inches shorter than the other. I also used to see him at our church St. Victor’s in West Hollywood and sometimes Good Shepherd in Beverly Hills. This was before I ever heard of him as an actor. I didn’t realize he was an actor until “Fantasy Island” which was one of my grandmother’s favorite shows besides “The Love Boat.” Otherwise I’d only seen him in those Chrysler “corinthian leather” commercials.

He and his wife Georgiana built their home behind us in 1986. It was designed by a famous architect. After he’d lived there a few years he tried to plant ivy and ice plant on the hill to keep it from eroding. He also laid out chain link to stop the erosion. I wanted to go up there and tell him that it wouldn’t hold the hill but I thought for sure he’d consulted with some expert. Needless to say his hill came down on our road and parking area cracking my windshield and messing up the front spoiler of my car.

When he died, his daughter Laura inherited the house and she ended up selling it for $39 million. The house was torn down and another house was built in its place.

This area used to be a place for quiet people who wanted to live in a little house in the hills. Now it’s just mega-mansions for entertainers. I guess it was inevitable because it’s at the top of the mountain with great views, so I don’t blame them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10February 12, 2022 7:18 PM

I got ass fucked by aliens.

Illegal aliens.

by Anonymousreply 11February 12, 2022 7:23 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12February 12, 2022 7:23 PM

OP if you were a toddler in 1969 and David Niven jnr was your best friend then he would have been at least 20 years older than you.

Interesting friendship.

by Anonymousreply 13February 12, 2022 7:25 PM

R13 David obviously raped him.

by Anonymousreply 14February 12, 2022 7:26 PM

Dolly had a house in WeHo for years, just south of Sunset- surrounded by massive hedges. A little cottage place. That was it- I call BS on these stories.

And Bob Hope lived in the same house in Toluca Lake his entire life, other than Palm Springs

LIAR

by Anonymousreply 15February 12, 2022 7:26 PM

R13, I lived there through my whole childhood until college.

by Anonymousreply 16February 12, 2022 7:28 PM

I used to call my asshole my weho. Hee hee.

by Anonymousreply 17February 12, 2022 7:29 PM

Yes, R16 - but he still you’ll have been more than twenty years older than you when you were in college.

by Anonymousreply 18February 12, 2022 7:30 PM

^^^ “still would have been”

by Anonymousreply 19February 12, 2022 7:31 PM

I remember this overgrown feminine guy who used to bug the shit out of me by rounding up my dogs all the time. I later found out this older guy I was dating was boning him on the side. I said yuk and broke up with him.

by Anonymousreply 20February 12, 2022 7:32 PM

I was a huge fan of “The Three Stooges” growing up. I had seen Moe Howard at the local Safeway now called Vons on Santa Monica Blvd in West Hollywood. I also saw him at the post office on San Vicente. He had a p.o. box there and so did my Nana. My sister and I opened the door for Moe at the post office once and he gave us each a nickel. We were so excited about that.

I had a friend named Valerie who lived down the street from me and she was also a big “Three Stooges” fan even though our parents/Nana forbid us to watch thinking we’d poke each other’s eyes out with their stunts. We knew they were obviously just stunts. I said to her “Moe lives a few doors up. Let’s get an autograph!” She said “yes!” so we walked up the street. She was shy, got too nervous and decided to hide in the bushes as I went to the door. I was also extremely shy but I forced myself because I really, really wanted to meet him. I knocked on the door, a woman (his wife) answered. I said almost shaking from fright “I’d like to say ‘hello’ to Moe.” She said “okay, sweetie!” just as nice as anyone could say it. I waited five minutes while Moe put on his hairpiece. His wife left the door open and I saw him walk across the hallway to the bathroom with no hair when she said “there’s a little boy who wants to meet you!” He came out with a dark bowl-cut “Moe Howard” wig. He said “hello!” while I was nervous to the point of being catatonic, shaking but with a huge smile on my face. He made some jokes, did some slapstick and I had a great time. Then he gave me an autographed photo. I was so ecstatic but shy, so I said “thank you” then ran away to the bushes to hide with my friend while we giggled like crazy. We learned a few months later that he had died. I was very glad that I overcame my shyness so I could knock on his door and meet him one last time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21February 12, 2022 7:38 PM

Max that cul-de-sac of your nana seems to have contained a very large number of houses.

by Anonymousreply 22February 12, 2022 7:48 PM

Lots of bullshit lies from OP - Bob Hope built the house in Toluca Lake at 10346 Moorpark in 1939 and lived there ever since. He never lived in the Hollywood Hills.

by Anonymousreply 23February 12, 2022 7:49 PM

Love these anecdotes, OP, thank you! Did you ever meet Eleanor Parker, luminous star of Interrupted Melody?

by Anonymousreply 24February 12, 2022 7:49 PM

My sister would later become an actress who was known for her work in horror films. She was like the B-list version of Jamie Lee Curtis at the time, but don't tell her I said that.

My Nana didn't like the movies she acted in at all, but my sister did have the "honor" of being killed by some of the most iconic horror villains in history.

by Anonymousreply 25February 12, 2022 7:52 PM

Eleanor Parker lived in Cheryl Ladd’s converted garage, just down from Nana’s.

by Anonymousreply 26February 12, 2022 7:52 PM

Love your stories op, what an exciting childhood.

by Anonymousreply 27February 12, 2022 7:53 PM

I love the candid of Cheryl in your original post. Some people can’t take a bad picture.

by Anonymousreply 28February 12, 2022 7:54 PM

Never mind, I just read that it was attributed to a professional photographer.

by Anonymousreply 29February 12, 2022 7:57 PM

R27, did Max forget to tell you that the actor who played Moe from The Three Stooges died 24 hours after fucking his ass? It was suicide at its most ugly,

As memorial to Moe, Max adopted the famous Moe bowl-cut haircut for the rest of her life.

by Anonymousreply 30February 12, 2022 8:00 PM

I love the Moe Howard story, OP; I hope you’re for real

by Anonymousreply 31February 12, 2022 8:00 PM

So, is this just another "I knew these famous people and you didn't" threads?

by Anonymousreply 32February 12, 2022 8:03 PM

I can't imagine how anyone would think "meow-meow" was Korean for "cat." Not op, who was a child, but the ignorant/oblivious adults. It's "koyangi," btw.

by Anonymousreply 33February 12, 2022 8:07 PM

Di none of them have their own hair?

by Anonymousreply 34February 12, 2022 8:14 PM

Is it possible that Bob Hope just lived there briefly before giving the place to his daughter?

by Anonymousreply 35February 12, 2022 8:14 PM

^ Did

by Anonymousreply 36February 12, 2022 8:14 PM

R31, It's ALL real and Moe and his wife were so nice to me. Everyone was very nice except for Cheryl Ladd, who seemed unfriendly at the time.

by Anonymousreply 37February 12, 2022 8:15 PM

Moe Howard lived at 430 N Highland down in thd mid-Wilshire area. Beautiful house.

by Anonymousreply 38February 12, 2022 8:18 PM

R38, That's not where he lived when I lived close to him.

by Anonymousreply 39February 12, 2022 8:22 PM

Max - do you have a friend called charlie?

by Anonymousreply 40February 12, 2022 8:32 PM

Lick my meow-meow!

by Anonymousreply 41February 12, 2022 8:32 PM

I thought Carl Dean had lived on his TN farm ever since he and Dolly married in the '60s.

And yes, as someone astutely pointed out upthread, that's an AWFUL lot of houses on one cut-de-sac.

I want to believe Max. And yet...

by Anonymousreply 42February 12, 2022 8:34 PM

Dolly Parton is just the sweetest ^

by Anonymousreply 43February 12, 2022 8:38 PM

Not every house was directly in our cul-de-sac. I'm talking about the immediate neighborhood, which is all crammed in together. I'm surprised at some of the mean comments.

What's funny is that my sister starred in 3 of the movies mentioned in the thread asking for recommendations for horror movies from the 70-80s. I'll have to tell her that I just saw people discussing her old movies.

by Anonymousreply 44February 12, 2022 8:38 PM

[quote]Ricardo Montalban was at the Beverly Hills YMCA when I was six. He used to swim there after swim team practice when they had masters swim time. He always wore a bathing cap to swim obviously because he wore a hairpiece. He swam to help with his back issues caused from a deformed back and an injury which made one leg 6-8 inches shorter than the other.

Um, doesn't look at all deformed to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45February 12, 2022 8:45 PM

Did you ever come across Doris Duke at Falcon's Lair Max?

by Anonymousreply 46February 12, 2022 8:56 PM

"I thought Carl Dean had lived on his TN farm ever since he and Dolly married in the '60s."

And then she said he lived in Hawaii all those years. He doesn't exist. She's a dyke.

by Anonymousreply 47February 12, 2022 8:59 PM

David Niven Jr lived on Blue Jay Way, while you and Moe Howard lived on Thrasher. Am I right, OP?

by Anonymousreply 48February 12, 2022 9:08 PM

And I'm surpised you didn't mention that Ricardo Mantalban's wife Georgeana was my talentless sister.

by Anonymousreply 49February 12, 2022 9:14 PM

OP you have very similar (some would say, “identical”) memories as the real estate appraiser below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50February 12, 2022 9:42 PM

OP please warn a lez before posting vintage pinup Angels? my nerves can’t take it i haven’t seen a beautiful woman irl in like a thousand years

by Anonymousreply 51February 12, 2022 9:54 PM

So “Max” is Mary?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52February 12, 2022 9:57 PM

Not quite as exciting as OP's stories, but my mother used to complain about a band of local kids that used to play music loudly in the garage next door. They went on to be now forgotten big 80s band INXS. I was quite young at the time but remember that Michael Hutchence had really bad acne.

by Anonymousreply 53February 12, 2022 10:01 PM

This is the Hollywood Hills Knot’s Landing cul-de-sac of Max’s imagination.

by Anonymousreply 54February 12, 2022 10:09 PM

I don't think Max is Mary, I think he stole Mary's stories and thought no one would find out.

You're busted, Max!

by Anonymousreply 55February 12, 2022 10:19 PM

Where was that, R53?

by Anonymousreply 56February 12, 2022 10:24 PM

R50, You're a piece of shit and a troll for posting my personal info.

by Anonymousreply 57February 12, 2022 10:45 PM

I didn’t post anybody’s personal info, R57. I just posted a link to a site with content that was remarkably similar to that posted here by someone called Max, who as a young boy lived in the Bird streets of the Hollywood Hills.

I assume that you’re not a male called Max, R57? If not, then what’s the problem?

by Anonymousreply 58February 12, 2022 10:54 PM

Lol - these people who want to seem important or relevant by posting these stories - and then are upset that people actually identify them. Maybe don’t feel the need to brag publicly or talk to random strangers about personal information.

by Anonymousreply 59February 12, 2022 10:55 PM

So are Max and Mary the same? Is Max real? This thread has taken an unexpected turn.

by Anonymousreply 60February 12, 2022 10:57 PM

Or maybe don’t steal someone else’s work?

Or, if posting your own work here under another name and gender, don’t assume that people won’t, through a simple Google, happen upon your eight year old posting. Which YOU posted, for everybody to see.

by Anonymousreply 61February 12, 2022 10:59 PM

R59, My personal blog is a hell of a lot different than posting my info on a public message board, and R58 did post my info without my consent. What's wrong with you?

by Anonymousreply 62February 12, 2022 11:00 PM

R60 either Max is posting Mary’s old reminiscences as his own on Datalounge, or Mary is reposting her own work here under a pseudonym and with a change of sex.

by Anonymousreply 63February 12, 2022 11:01 PM

This thread is a classic. even if a fantasy.

I was so sad to learn that Cheryl Ladd is a GRADE A CUNT in real life. Anything I have read- she is a Nasty cunt.

She comes across so nice....

by Anonymousreply 64February 12, 2022 11:05 PM

Here’s a tip R62 - Google “Ricardo Montalban house Los Angeles” and check out the first return.

I just wanted to look at his address on Google maps.

If that search found your “personal blog” then that’s your problem. You can call it a personal blog but anybody with access to the internet can see it.

by Anonymousreply 65February 12, 2022 11:06 PM

I feel cheated, and I would ask for my money back if I had payed anything.

by Anonymousreply 66February 12, 2022 11:10 PM

R65 is right! It's the first item that shows up on Google when searching “Ricardo Montalban house Los Angeles”. R62, you better call Google and tell them that information is personal! (Or maybe you should contact Mary Cummins and apologize for plagiarizing her blog and stealing her childhood memories.)

by Anonymousreply 67February 12, 2022 11:21 PM

So, was Cheryl Ladd bitchy because it was a little girl bringing the dogs back, where if it had been a little boy she would have been more accommodating?

by Anonymousreply 68February 12, 2022 11:24 PM

What the fuck is wrong with r9? FF that homophobic asshole.

by Anonymousreply 69February 12, 2022 11:24 PM

Triple ditto re Bob Hope's place--we were just a couple of houses down signing docs for our new landlords (The best we ever had!) in their comfortable rambling property & they remarked about the Hope place. OP is either mis-remembering or has had a few this afternoon . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70February 12, 2022 11:28 PM

So OP never really met Eleanor Parker, the luminous star of Interrupted Melody?

by Anonymousreply 71February 12, 2022 11:34 PM

Shame they tore down the RM home. It was not my style nor did it look livable but rather more a work of art.

by Anonymousreply 72February 12, 2022 11:39 PM

I imagine that OP, if not apologising to Mary for stealing her words, really is Mary and is frantically trying to get her public postings from years ago, removed.

In the meantime, her Wordpress blog makes fascinating reading, in particular regarding lawsuits with her mother and the sister / B grade scream Queen.

by Anonymousreply 73February 12, 2022 11:42 PM

I am not looking at my reply number but I am the dude so disappointed that Cheryl Ladd is SUCH A CUNT!

But here there and everywhere- its confirmed- she is a cunt.

She got really choked up about the death of that Charlies Angels dude- David Doyle?

I saw it on some old E show or some shit. It really made me like her. She said that he was a really great man. And she was genuinely moved- 20 years later. And I always remembered that,

Until the shit I have read in the last 5 years. That she was a nasty, nasty cunt. Its all on the DL

by Anonymousreply 74February 12, 2022 11:42 PM

R73, I have a problem with people trying to stalk me and post my info when they don't have my permission, especially when it involves MY family and their info. It's just wrong! I made the mistake of expecting people on the internet to behave like adults.

by Anonymousreply 75February 12, 2022 11:51 PM

Oh my!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76February 12, 2022 11:59 PM

OP, if you're the blog person, it sounds like you've had an interesting life, and I admire your animal welfare advocacy. I don't know how blogs work but can you set it to private, just to keep the ghouls here from disseminating your personal info?

by Anonymousreply 77February 13, 2022 12:02 AM

Classic DL thread. Somebody posts a lot of fantasies about growing up with celebrity neighbors then has a massive meltdown when they get busted. 9/10 would recommend!

by Anonymousreply 78February 13, 2022 12:02 AM

Oh Mary! I guess you’re regretting your Saturday night drunk posting?

What are you doing on Datalounge anyway? Unless you really are a sad fantasising person called Max.

by Anonymousreply 79February 13, 2022 12:05 AM

R75 YOU put all that info on the internet! And did you ask the permission of all the people you discuss in those blog posts before disseminating their info everywhere? Physician, heal thyself.

by Anonymousreply 80February 13, 2022 12:05 AM

SHIT, I HAVE DRANK TOO MUCH WINE TO UNRAVEL THIS MESS.

ITS SOUNDING LIKE MARY CUNTLINGS IS THE KEY TO THIS MESS!

MARY- WTF? YOU LITTLE FREAK. TOMORROW I CANNOT WAIT TO DIVE IN TO THIS FREAK SHOW.

WHAT A SHITSHOW.

I SHOULD BE PUTTING TIME INTO FINDING A MAN WHILE I AM STILL RELATIVELY ATTRACTIVE.

Sorry for the caps locked.

by Anonymousreply 81February 13, 2022 12:06 AM

You’ve been busy, Mary!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82February 13, 2022 12:08 AM

Listen - I am ON THE SCENE OF THIS BITCH.

There is no Mary Cummings on IMDB.

I also googled Mary Cuntlings. LOL. Nothing, bitches. Not even a PURN STUR.

What the fuck is going on up in hur?

by Anonymousreply 83February 13, 2022 12:09 AM

R56 It was in a suburb of Sydney called Belrose. Back then it was a leafy, outer suburb of cheap-ish new builds, almost separate from Sydney itself. Now is a very expensive suburb highly sought after by Chinese investors and immigrants.

by Anonymousreply 84February 13, 2022 12:09 AM

I seem to recall there were some great photos of Michael Hutchence and maybe some raw video of his earliest days in the documentary about his life.

by Anonymousreply 85February 13, 2022 12:12 AM

Mary if you were just a little bit intelligent you would have owned up to being a fantasist called Max. People would have laughed, then moved on to the next post.

By identifying yourself you opened the floodgates as you are all over the internet. And not in a good way.

by Anonymousreply 86February 13, 2022 12:14 AM

Her R84 - Forestville here, hence my question.

by Anonymousreply 87February 13, 2022 12:16 AM

You sound crazy, Mary.

by Anonymousreply 88February 13, 2022 12:20 AM

R45, that's not Ricardo Montalban. Sheesh...

by Anonymousreply 89February 13, 2022 12:21 AM

This Mary chick seems a little unstable.

by Anonymousreply 90February 13, 2022 12:25 AM

Don't fuck with the DL Detective Agency.

by Anonymousreply 91February 13, 2022 12:46 AM

[quote] I made the mistake of expecting people on the internet to behave like adults.

Yes, and you really have only yourself to blame for that.

by Anonymousreply 92February 13, 2022 12:47 AM

Mary!

by Anonymousreply 93February 13, 2022 12:52 AM

[quote]I made the mistake of expecting people on the internet to behave like adults.

How ironic.

by Anonymousreply 94February 13, 2022 12:55 AM

Mary Cummings is Mary Poppins' slutty sister!

by Anonymousreply 95February 13, 2022 1:04 AM

I want to see a pic of Ricardo Montalban with one leg 8” shorter than the other.

by Anonymousreply 96February 13, 2022 1:04 AM

His legs look normal to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97February 13, 2022 1:07 AM

[quote]While shooting the 1951 Western Across the Wide Missouri, starring Clark Gable, Montalban suffered a spinal injury when he fell from a horse. From then on, he walked with a limp, which he managed to conceal during his performances.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98February 13, 2022 1:08 AM

A big AMEN to that r91!!

by Anonymousreply 99February 13, 2022 1:10 AM

Any negative stuff you see on the internet was created by an ex girlfriend who was a literal psychopath.

by Anonymousreply 100February 13, 2022 1:32 AM

Mary did you get permission from David Niven Jnr, Cheryl Ladd, Bob Hope, Ricardo Montalban, Madonna and Dolly Parton to post details of their lives including their addresses?

No? Then shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 101February 13, 2022 1:34 AM

R101, No one lives at the addresses and such things are public information via property records. No need to quibble.

So mean.

by Anonymousreply 102February 13, 2022 1:38 AM

As is her entire posting history, R102.

It’s nice that you stepped in to defend her, though.

by Anonymousreply 103February 13, 2022 1:41 AM

Oh no, now I'm doubting the Moe Howard story.

by Anonymousreply 104February 13, 2022 1:48 AM

R101, They had all sold their homes(or were dead) when the stories were posted.

Why would you doubt the Moe Howard story?

by Anonymousreply 105February 13, 2022 1:52 AM

^^ well, maybe because this thread is a batshit DL classic.

by Anonymousreply 106February 13, 2022 1:57 AM

Who is it, r89? I’m hoping it’s a porn actor.

by Anonymousreply 107February 13, 2022 2:05 AM

R105 I’m not R104.

Don’t assume that there is only one poster who has seen right through Mary/Max.

by Anonymousreply 108February 13, 2022 2:06 AM

I cannot stop laughing, The heartbroken 97 year old Moe Howard fan.. I am old as my mothers balls.

Are you fuckers in your 90's????

Jesus Christ.

I am starting to dig Mary Cum-Ings.

by Anonymousreply 109February 13, 2022 2:06 AM

I adore you 104.

and your Moe Howard "doubts"...

This place kills me.

Love you, Mary! You dirty freak!

by Anonymousreply 110February 13, 2022 2:08 AM

R100 Mary, you do know that it’s possible to see your entire Datalounge posting history, right?

Although I’ve no doubt that someone who dated you is now a “literal psychopath”.

by Anonymousreply 111February 13, 2022 2:10 AM

Step aside, Cheryl.

by Anonymousreply 112February 13, 2022 2:14 AM

Tell us R111!!! Tell us what time it is!!!

by Anonymousreply 113February 13, 2022 2:19 AM

Moe Howard Forever!

by Anonymousreply 114February 13, 2022 2:46 AM

[quote]I cannot stop laughing, The heartbroken 97 year old Moe Howard fan.. I am old as my mothers balls.

Proper punctuation is your friend.

by Anonymousreply 115February 13, 2022 2:47 AM

[quote]it’s possible to see your entire Datalounge posting history.

How?

by Anonymousreply 116February 13, 2022 2:49 AM

Don’t you dare tell these queens about my little donkey indiscretion or by gawd I’ll have the Rabinowitz brothers after you and you won’t have a penny to your name when I’m through with you!

by Anonymousreply 117February 13, 2022 2:50 AM

Maybe if I was 102 like you. R115. Or 115!!!

I am in my early 40's! And starting to feel young again after these old lady posts.

Good god this thread is like some Assisted Living Centers Wet Dream!

However, Cheryl Ladd is a CUNT!

by Anonymousreply 118February 13, 2022 2:51 AM

Mary Cummins is on her way to becoming a legendary DL character, if she didn’t exist already we would have had to make her up.

by Anonymousreply 119February 13, 2022 3:19 AM

Damn, though, those anti-Mary sites… someone is obsessed.

by Anonymousreply 120February 13, 2022 3:21 AM

R120, That's the lady who ran the bat sanctuary. She's batshit crazy!

My sister used to party with Corey Feldman and went off the deep end for several years, but we have started talking again recently. It's still a complicated situation.

by Anonymousreply 121February 13, 2022 3:27 AM

That's not Ricardo Montalban a R45

by Anonymousreply 122February 13, 2022 3:36 AM

R116, you have to block the person. Then look at posters you’ve blocked (there’s an icon at the top of the list of threads) and you can see all of your blocked poster’s posts. Then unblock the person, if you wish.

by Anonymousreply 123February 13, 2022 3:36 AM

The imagery of Ricardo Montalban in a lady's bathing cap is pure Hollywood.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124February 13, 2022 3:39 AM

Wasn’t Ricardo close with Esther Williams?

by Anonymousreply 125February 13, 2022 3:51 AM

This is one of the single greatest threads in the history of Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 126February 13, 2022 3:53 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127February 13, 2022 4:06 AM

I put Op on ignore some time ago. Looks like was a wise choice.

by Anonymousreply 128February 13, 2022 4:16 AM

She starred in the six million dollar woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129February 13, 2022 4:18 AM

Mary I’m assuming that if you could wind the clock back ten hours, you probably would, right?

by Anonymousreply 130February 13, 2022 4:23 AM

I want to hear more stories about the neighborhood, OP!

Did Bob Hope and Cheryl Ladd discuss going over to Sharon Tate's former home to look at the writing on the door?

by Anonymousreply 131February 13, 2022 4:25 AM

^^ Damn. That was a big hit. Don't fuck with Texans.

by Anonymousreply 132February 13, 2022 4:34 AM

I grew up in LA. My partner did too and he'd be about OP's age (I'm a good decade younger). Not sure if Max is being totally honest, but it WAS sort of like he describes. At least that's how my partner remembers the 70s and 80s. (I was a 90s kid and it was very by different then. Plus, I was poor and that changes everything.) His stories about his various celebs are random, hysterical and strange.

by Anonymousreply 133February 13, 2022 4:37 AM

Except that “Max” has already admitted that his/her/their name is “Mary”, R133, which tends to place its claims under something of a cloud.

by Anonymousreply 134February 13, 2022 4:39 AM

And I’m sorry that you think that “Mary” being called on her bullshit is mean, R133.

by Anonymousreply 135February 13, 2022 4:41 AM

Mary, come back with more stories, doll. You've created the finest thread in quite a while.

by Anonymousreply 136February 13, 2022 4:43 AM

R133, do try to keep-up.

by Anonymousreply 137February 13, 2022 4:45 AM

Let’s lock Mary/Max in a room with Poo Shoes and see what happens!

by Anonymousreply 138February 13, 2022 4:49 AM

Haha.

Yeah, I posted at R133 after reading to the fifteenth post or so, R134, R135, R137.

What an insane turn the thread took not long after!

My point remains the same: LA in the 70s and 80s was a bit of a fever dream....

by Anonymousreply 139February 13, 2022 4:49 AM

Which leg is shorter?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140February 13, 2022 4:58 AM

R121 did you have Corey Feldman’s permission to post that information about him? And your sister’s - the B grade scream queen?

Knowing how big you are on internet privacy. Etc…

by Anonymousreply 141February 13, 2022 5:03 AM

R121 what’s your name? Max? Mary? Something else?

by Anonymousreply 142February 13, 2022 5:09 AM

Mary, I want to hear about your “literal psychopath” ex-girlfriend! Sapphic craziness totally fries my burger!

by Anonymousreply 143February 13, 2022 5:16 AM

Why do lesbians frequently end up in court? Here's the ex, right OP? Both of you are pretty cute. Not Pat'n Pat in the least is my Homo estimation

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144February 13, 2022 5:28 AM

She’s got those crazy eyes.

by Anonymousreply 145February 13, 2022 5:28 AM

The DL Detective Team never, ever ceases to amaze me.

by Anonymousreply 146February 13, 2022 5:30 AM

Yeah, good work guys. They should hire you all for all the hard cases. you have solved a lot of big cases. I'm impressed.

by Anonymousreply 147February 13, 2022 5:41 AM

R128 If you already had OP blocked, how did you happen onto this thread?

by Anonymousreply 148February 13, 2022 9:06 AM

I don't think you can see a poster's entire history by blocking them, just their recent history. When I blocked Mary, all that appeared for me were her posts in this thread.

It would be interesting to see any other threads she may have started or responded to here.

by Anonymousreply 149February 13, 2022 9:11 AM

Hope had a second home in Palm Springs, guys. You can look stuff up, you know.

[quote]Although the couple owned a second home—a distinctive mushroom-shaped Palm Springs residence designed by Modernist architect John Lautner

[quote]The Palm Springs home, built in 1980, has also been for sale since 2013.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150February 13, 2022 9:49 AM

Here's the wacky Bob Hope home in Palm Springs. No Hollywood Hills home for him, and no indication Madonna ever bought the "UFO House," it was owned by Dolores until she died and then held by the estate until recently. It's currently owned by billionaire Ron Burkle.

I feel like we had a Tasteful Friends about this, the boulder in the living room looks familiar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151February 13, 2022 9:54 AM

Now, Madonna DID buy a home in the Hollywood Hills, but in 1989 from Allen Questrom, and Leo did buy it after Madonna, but no Bob Hope involvement.

Also I think Hope's grandson Andrew was too old to have been a toddler in the 1980s. His daughter Linda was born in 1938 or 1939 and married in 1969.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152February 13, 2022 10:01 AM

[quote]cut-de-sac

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 153February 13, 2022 10:01 AM

let me be clear...

cheryl ladd did not steal my tina turner private dancer wall clock. barb did. may her bush catch fire.

by Anonymousreply 154February 13, 2022 11:59 AM

R152, It's so funny to me that some of you are still questioning my childhood stories. Like did I just imagine Bob Hope's grandson coming to our house with his nanny and giving him candy? Wealthy individuals buy property for family members all the time.

by Anonymousreply 155February 13, 2022 3:43 PM

^ Give it up, everyone is onto you

by Anonymousreply 156February 13, 2022 3:47 PM

It’s DL r155. You post stuff and it’s like throwing chum to sharks.

by Anonymousreply 157February 13, 2022 3:47 PM

R155 ok Max. Or is your name Mary?

by Anonymousreply 158February 13, 2022 3:51 PM

The hilarious thing about con artists is that even once they're exposed, they think they can still confuse people with their lies.

by Anonymousreply 159February 13, 2022 3:55 PM

Rule #1 of con artists, NEVER admit you're a con artist

by Anonymousreply 160February 13, 2022 4:00 PM

R106 Someone’s learned the mantra from Inventing Anna.

by Anonymousreply 161February 13, 2022 4:22 PM

My vibe here was the stories were true but that Max is really Mary..

by Anonymousreply 162February 13, 2022 4:31 PM

Why are so many animal advocates such nutcases?

by Anonymousreply 163February 13, 2022 4:47 PM

^ Lol, maybe because nut cases can't relate to other humans so they focus on animals

by Anonymousreply 164February 13, 2022 5:01 PM

R162. Like yo mama said.... gurl, you so smart

by Anonymousreply 165February 13, 2022 5:02 PM

OP-Ricardo Montalban was your neighbor- Did he drive a Chrysler Cordoba ?

by Anonymousreply 166February 13, 2022 5:04 PM

^ Yes, but he's really allergic to "rich Corinthian leather"

/s

by Anonymousreply 167February 13, 2022 5:06 PM

These are great memories, OP. Have you considered writing a book?

Wasn't David Niven Jr married to a gay actress who took him to the bank? His father was so sophisticated and led such a charmed life. How could Junior settle for Hollywood after Chateau d'Oex and Cap d'Antibes?

by Anonymousreply 168February 13, 2022 5:23 PM

Cheryl Ladd is definitely a bad lady! Her daughter Jordan Ladd won the lead role in Gregg Araki's THE DOOM GENERATION and Cheryl took a look at the script and would not give 16 year old Jordan take the role.

In the final credits for the film, there is an acknowledgement that reads "NO THANK YOU TO CHERYL LADD"

by Anonymousreply 169February 13, 2022 5:29 PM

Ricardo Montalban did not have one leg 6 to 8 inches shorter than the other. That sort of discrepancy is crippling without some kind of prosthetic or obvious corrective device. He only walked with a limp, which he could conceal. Mary is such a Mary.

by Anonymousreply 170February 13, 2022 5:38 PM

Why was Cheryl Ladd such a terrible neighbor?

by Anonymousreply 171February 13, 2022 5:55 PM

Cheryl stood on the roof of her garage and laughed at Ricardo Montalban as he hopped down the street on his way to a pool party at Bob Hope’s place.

by Anonymousreply 172February 13, 2022 6:37 PM

^ Was that the time he got run over by that Chrysler Cordoba?

by Anonymousreply 173February 13, 2022 6:45 PM

Yep - David Niven junior was at the wheel.

by Anonymousreply 174February 13, 2022 6:46 PM

[quote]It's so funny to me that some of you are still questioning my childhood stories.

I'm not. I'm questioning your sanity.

by Anonymousreply 175February 13, 2022 6:58 PM

OP, kindly tell us mire stories.

by Anonymousreply 176February 13, 2022 11:23 PM

I love r172!

“Cheryl stood on the roof of her garage and laughed at Ricardo Montalban as he hopped down the street on his way to a pool party at Bob Hope’s place”

by Anonymousreply 177February 13, 2022 11:31 PM

At least tell us that Nana was an actual person!

by Anonymousreply 178February 13, 2022 11:38 PM

Have any of you insensitive people realized that Mary might be trans? She might have transitioned into Max, or she might be in the process. Please have some sensitivity as this might be her truth.

by Anonymousreply 179February 13, 2022 11:47 PM

Nana came from Mexico and served tamales and arroz con pollo to all the servicemen who came through the Port of San Diego during WWII.

by Anonymousreply 180February 13, 2022 11:52 PM

Max, did any of the original cast of Dukes of Hazard live in your old neighborhood or show up to any parties there? What about Bill Bixby or Lucille Ball? I love Bill Bixby. Any gossip on Bill? What about Richard Mulligan or any of the cast of SOAP? Sex on a stick!

by Anonymousreply 181February 13, 2022 11:53 PM

[quote]Nana came from Mexico and served tamales and arroz con pollo to all the servicemen who came through the Port of San Diego during WWII.

I'm sure many a serviceman ate Nana's tamale, but not every single one.

by Anonymousreply 182February 14, 2022 12:12 AM

R179 I’m pretty sure that if “Mary” were to be transitioning into “Max” that we would all be well aware.

by Anonymousreply 183February 14, 2022 12:15 AM

You still haven't said which leg is 6" shorter, r155.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184February 14, 2022 12:18 AM

Is Mary's vagina a bat cave?

by Anonymousreply 185February 14, 2022 12:31 AM

Those bats are disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 186February 14, 2022 12:38 AM

Why was she torturing all those animals in the photos? What was she trying to do? It's just weird.

by Anonymousreply 187February 14, 2022 12:40 AM

Montalban - one leg 6-8 inches smaller than the other ????

He had a limp but this would require a prothetic. !!!! You sure you got that correct??

by Anonymousreply 188February 14, 2022 12:45 AM

Come Back To The Five & DL, Mary Max, Mary Max.

by Anonymousreply 189February 14, 2022 12:47 AM

They probably used a leg double, r188.

by Anonymousreply 190February 14, 2022 12:48 AM

LEAVE MARY ALONE!

by Anonymousreply 191February 14, 2022 1:00 AM

Tell us more childhood stories, OP.

by Anonymousreply 192February 14, 2022 1:08 AM

Nana was a remarkable woman and ahead of her time. She was a very good businesswoman and was able to amass millions of dollars all by herself before my mother stole it all. It's a sad story.

I do remember coming home from one of my frequent trips to Cheryl Ladd's house and telling Nana that Cheryl was cold to me. Nana told me not to worry about it and she said "I always liked Farrah much better than her. She's not the star that Farrah was."

I'll tell a story about Cheryl Tiegs another time. I loved her and she lived just below us.

by Anonymousreply 193February 14, 2022 1:14 AM

[quote]I do remember coming home from one of my frequent trips to Cheryl Ladd's house and telling Nana that Cheryl was cold to me.

Probably because you kept coming over to her house uninvited.

by Anonymousreply 194February 14, 2022 1:23 AM

Was is hard to find parking in the cull-de-sac?

by Anonymousreply 195February 14, 2022 1:25 AM

Looking forward to more updates, OP!

Just to confirm (because I like to know with whom I am dealing) - are you a male called Max or a female called Mary?

by Anonymousreply 196February 14, 2022 1:32 AM

This is almost as good as if Scotty Bowers would have stopped by to drop stories and answer questions. Just more hetero.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197February 14, 2022 1:32 AM

I am a woman named Mary who is controlled by a gay male spirit named Max. I do not want an exorcism, though many have offered. Max entered me when I was in too close communion with a bat I was accused of torturing to death while attempting a rescue.

by Anonymousreply 198February 14, 2022 1:36 AM

Wow, Cheryl Tiegs, eh R183? I’m looking forward to hearing about that as she doesn’t appear on your “personal blog”!

Was she invited to the dinner that Cheryl Ladd held where she needed to borrow a table from David Niven Jnr? Where you pushed the table on wheels to help David?

Such a glamorous life up on Nana’s cul-de-sac!

by Anonymousreply 199February 14, 2022 1:38 AM

[quote]cull-de-sac

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 200February 14, 2022 2:33 AM

[quote]Was is hard to find parking in the cull-de-sac?

Yes, but there was plenty of room in my trou du cul.

by Anonymousreply 201February 14, 2022 2:35 AM

Shonda Rhimes seems slick out of ideas and still needs to produce more for her Netflix billions, she should jump on this while she has a chance. I can see it as a limited series, Hollywood Hills Cul-de-sac: The Series!

by Anonymousreply 202February 14, 2022 2:37 AM

Did Lucy ever visit Bob Hope and family in the neighborhood?

by Anonymousreply 203February 14, 2022 2:37 AM

Lucy stopped to see Bob whenever she went out for gasoline and cigarettes.

by Anonymousreply 204February 14, 2022 2:39 AM

[quote] His father was so sophisticated and led such a charmed life.

Well, except for losing his young wife in a freak accident at Tyrone Power’s house, and that ALS thing that killed him at 73. Other than that, yeah, David Niven led a charmed life.

by Anonymousreply 205February 14, 2022 2:42 AM

Anyone ever live near Susan Dey? Did a family member of yours die while you were neighbors with Susan? Did she offer her condolences?

by Anonymousreply 206February 14, 2022 2:44 AM

Nana invited Susan over for her celebrity-filled Thanksgiving lunch. Susan turned up, was rude to Bob Hope’s wife, ate everything but then left without saying “thank you”.

by Anonymousreply 207February 14, 2022 2:49 AM

I hope Nana passed out the good Halloween candy to the neighborhood kids and Bob Hope’s grandchildren - not saltwater taffy, apples, and pennies.

by Anonymousreply 208February 14, 2022 2:56 AM

The Hopes always handed out FULL-sized candy bars at Halloween. They sure knew how to separate themselves from the riff-Raff, but the Sinatras handed out wads of rolled-up cash. Frank was so competitive, one Halloween he handed out new Schwinn Sting-Ray bikes and told the kids to buzz Cheryl Ladd's house ringing their bike bells

by Anonymousreply 209February 14, 2022 3:13 AM

R209 I don't believe for a minute that the Hopes gave out full-sized candy bars.

by Anonymousreply 210February 14, 2022 4:02 AM

^ Hahahahaha! But you believe everything else on this fantasy thread? Full sized candy bars is just a bridge too far, huh?

by Anonymousreply 211February 14, 2022 4:11 AM

What do I have to do for a full size candy bar?

by Anonymousreply 212February 14, 2022 4:26 AM

^ Just give ol' Bob a little hope and a tug

by Anonymousreply 213February 14, 2022 4:42 AM

About a possible Hope house in the Hollywood Hills -- isn't it possible he owned multiple properties? Even back then, people with disposable income invested, right?

The only aspect I find this believable is that Hope was known for his excessive "Tomcatting. " Of course, wouldn't he have had a separated fuck pad away from Delores? There's no way he would have had humiliated a saintly wife by being spotted anywhere in polite society and kept his status. He probably had real estate tucked away all over So Cal and Nevada.

by Anonymousreply 214February 14, 2022 4:50 AM

Mary, by any chance was Marilu Henner ever a neighbor of your little corner of the neighborhood, if so we could try to get her to corroborate your recollections?

by Anonymousreply 215February 14, 2022 5:19 AM

"" Of course, wouldn't he have had a separated fuck pad away from Delores?"

He had a private recording studio right on the property which was widely known as his "fuck pad" Plus those USO shows were basically a cover for him to "tomcat" all over the world

by Anonymousreply 216February 14, 2022 9:54 AM

We lived near Helen Lawson on North Roxbury. As a child, I used to go through her trash and collect the old liquor bottles to make some money recycling and also collecting the unused Raleigh coupons.

by Anonymousreply 217February 14, 2022 10:04 AM

And to think, several nasty remarks when I talked about parties at Cher's. And going to Lucy's with Carole.

No wonder DL has no good posts but the delusional.

by Anonymousreply 218February 14, 2022 10:13 AM

@r217, Desi Arnez Jr., is that you? I knew any wayward child of Lucy's would know where to steal my booze and cigs. Should have called the cops on you and the little Duke girl when I had the chance... Would have saved me a lot of trouble later

by Anonymousreply 219February 14, 2022 10:16 AM

Hi OP, love your stories, hope you return! Question. What type of house did nana have? I'm envisioning a small cottage amongst the cul de sac mansions.

by Anonymousreply 220February 14, 2022 10:18 AM

Well, I never.

by Anonymousreply 221February 14, 2022 10:19 AM

"What type of house did nana have?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222February 14, 2022 10:29 AM

It's a big ass orange Spanish Style monster. I saw the Zillow, but am too lazy to find the address for you, I think it is in the link where Max was outed as Mary, the real estate appraiser.

by Anonymousreply 223February 14, 2022 10:57 AM

That was gimpy Ricardo's home.

by Anonymousreply 224February 14, 2022 11:53 AM

What was served at the neighborhood block parties? I’m picturing tuna noodle casserole, Waldorf salad, and Nana’s homemade baked Alaska.

by Anonymousreply 225February 14, 2022 12:13 PM

[quote]Why are so many animal advocates such nutcases?

Can't remember where I read or heard it but someone took a poll about which occupation had the most mentally ill characters. A lot of people voted for lawyers. Turned out it was animal "advocates."

by Anonymousreply 226February 14, 2022 12:34 PM

@r208, "I hope Nana passed out..."

Right after r225's tainted tuna casserole block party

by Anonymousreply 227February 14, 2022 12:38 PM

Tuna casserole in the LA sun will send your guests to Cedar-Sinai ER.

by Anonymousreply 228February 14, 2022 12:42 PM

Ice cream dessert in the SoCal heat, r225?

by Anonymousreply 229February 14, 2022 2:09 PM

I'm still stuck on Ricardo have one leg 6-8 inches shorter than another... Is that even possible?

by Anonymousreply 230February 14, 2022 2:34 PM

That's why he was so angry all the time onscreen in "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan"--he kept falling because he leaned so much to one side.

by Anonymousreply 231February 14, 2022 2:40 PM

I find it amusing that you all refuse to believe my childhood memories just because you found my blog. Just for that, I won't share with you Mrs. Moe Howard's recipe for Tuna Wiggle.

by Anonymousreply 232February 14, 2022 8:33 PM

Not even if I was on a desert island starving.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233February 14, 2022 8:35 PM

I’m not naked. Nothing to see here. Move on.

by Anonymousreply 234February 14, 2022 8:59 PM

OP, have you got any homo news from the Hood? Did Nana tell you good stories about all the homo stars she knew back in the day?

by Anonymousreply 235February 14, 2022 9:44 PM

R195 don't they have driveways where you live?

by Anonymousreply 236February 14, 2022 10:49 PM

[quote] Why are so many animal advocates such nutcases?

Because they can't find humans who are willing to like them.

by Anonymousreply 237February 14, 2022 10:58 PM

Gosh, it's hard keeping track of OP's neighbors! I'm confused. Was Helen on this street or one over?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238February 15, 2022 12:08 AM

Helen was walking the streets looking for David Niven Jr. and his table on roller skates.

by Anonymousreply 239February 15, 2022 12:10 AM

R238, Helen lived at the end of Nightingale Drive, but given her talents, she really belonged on the next street over, on SWALLOW.

by Anonymousreply 240February 15, 2022 1:13 AM

I'd like to see this jammed-packed cul-de-sac.

by Anonymousreply 241February 15, 2022 1:35 AM

There must have been valet parking 24/7 up on Oriole Way!

by Anonymousreply 242February 15, 2022 1:43 AM

I have it on good authority that Cheryl Tiegs dumped all her trash in the recycle bin and didn’t take the empty can in for days. Left that rubbish can right out on the street.

by Anonymousreply 243February 15, 2022 1:49 AM

[quote]Helen was walking the streets looking for David Niven Jr. and his table on roller skates.

I'm confused. Was Helen on roller skates? Or David and his table?

by Anonymousreply 244February 15, 2022 2:50 AM

So, the story starts out with three houses on the cul-de-sac and three empty lots which later had houses built on them. How did OP have so many encounters with dozens of famous neighbors on Nana's street? Were they boarding houses?

by Anonymousreply 245February 15, 2022 9:17 AM

Did Val and Gary move into one of the existing houses, or did they build new?

by Anonymousreply 246February 15, 2022 9:20 AM

The only thing this thread is missing is Brendad Ickson, who was shacked-up with Ricardo Montalban because of that stump fetish she's always had. But when Junior Niven was rolling his dining room table down the street on roller skates, he lost control, and it slammed into the side of Brendad's red Volkswagen convertible. Well, Bill Bell, who live four houses down next to Bob Hope, came out to see what the commotion was about, and when he recognized the wrecked car, he had it towed off the street, which was, really, the beginning of his life-long conspiracy to ruin Brendad. Her problems were compounded by the fact that the Gelson's potatoe salad she was bringing to Cheryl Ladd's pool party had sat on Ricardo's paitio over-night, and anyone who ate it got food poisoning. Groucho Marx, who lived on the other side of Nana was throwing-up for the next week, and Ricardo had the runs so bad he had to go to the ER. He never forgave Brendad, and the rest of the story, as we know, is history.

by Anonymousreply 247February 15, 2022 4:21 PM

I put this tread on watch back where there were under 10 posts, thinking it was just a guy reminiscing. I just got caught up, and good lord! Talk about a curve ball. This is why DL keeps me coming back, you always get gems like this. You're one batty broad Mary!

by Anonymousreply 248February 15, 2022 5:40 PM

I see there are some comedians on here.

It was funny watching Dr. Dre's Super Bowl halftime show this past weekend because he built a large house behind our house and Dolly's old house. Thank goodness we didn't live there anymore because I imagine he threw many loud parties. I noticed that he sold his house recently and they've already torn it down to built another monstrosity in its place. It's satisfying to me that our old house is still standing after all these years. Nana would be proud.

Loved seeing this photo of dear Dolly and Carl that she posted. This is exactly how I remember them. Carl was a handsome man in person and a gentleman. They had Nana and me over for a cookout one weekend. Dolly cooked everything herself and Carl did the grilling. I remember distinctly that she made potato salad with bacon that was the best I've ever eaten. I think she even gave the recipe to Nana, but unfortunately the recipe was lost. Dolly was a sweetheart and always buzzing around like a bee.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249February 15, 2022 7:51 PM

Max! You’re back - you have been missed.

How’s Mary?

by Anonymousreply 250February 15, 2022 8:17 PM

Did Dr. Dre build his house on the site of the Montalban house?

That was the lot behind Nana’s house.

But in your original post you said that Ricardo Montalban lived next door.

It’s all rather puzzling, Mary! I mean Max.

by Anonymousreply 251February 15, 2022 8:24 PM

[quote] I'm confused. Was Helen on roller skates? Or David and his table?

They all were. They were practicing for upcoming cameos in "Xanadu," but ultimately they and Bob Hope's grandchild (and his ice cream) were all left on the cutting room floor. Gene Kelly made it through somehow,

by Anonymousreply 252February 15, 2022 8:25 PM

Ricardo only needed one roller skate, on account of his missing lower limb and all. But he was a whizz, pirouetting down Nana’s cul de sac!

by Anonymousreply 253February 15, 2022 8:27 PM

Did Ricardo ever worry, though, about smashing at high speed into an elderly Bob and Dolores Hope out for a morning constitutional? It's hard to maneuver on only one roller skate, especially when your other leg is six to eight inches shorter than the other.

by Anonymousreply 254February 15, 2022 8:45 PM

OP, thanks for the Dolly story. It's charming. You really should consider writing a book. These are the kinds of stories readers appreciate most The genuine, simple stories of stars' daily lives and how they interact with each other

Any star homo stories? Nana must have known many gays in the Hood.

by Anonymousreply 255February 15, 2022 9:08 PM

Can you imagine the block parties in that chill-de-sac? Moe Howard cooking cans of beans on the grill while Grace Jones tossing Jarts over Cheryl Tiegs' head. Sounds nice Maxy Mare.

by Anonymousreply 256February 15, 2022 9:11 PM

[quote]It’s all rather puzzling, Mary! I mean Max.

I've been assuming the Max nom de plume was a Sunset Boulevard reference.

by Anonymousreply 257February 15, 2022 9:16 PM

Ignore the haters, Max.

I want to hear your Cheryl Tiegs story. Was she as mean as Cheryl Ladd? I’ve never met a nice Cheryl, I have to say.

And also - please tell us about small Joel Gray in his small bungalow.

by Anonymousreply 258February 15, 2022 9:28 PM

Here we are on Nana's Cul-de-sac waiting for Junior Niven to roll the big table over and Moe Howard's Tuna Wiggle. It took Ricardo forever to move that rusty old Cordoba out of the way and Chery Ladd just walked by with a loaded rifle...

It's going to be wild

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259February 15, 2022 9:38 PM

r259, you can practically hear Ricardo's cheerful injunction to all the block party guests: "Smiles, everyone! Smiles!"

I hope Hervé Villechaize helped out with grilling the burgers and weenies.

by Anonymousreply 260February 15, 2022 9:50 PM

Hervé WAS the weenie.

by Anonymousreply 261February 15, 2022 10:34 PM

I’m sure it was only Bristol Farms for grocery shopping by the elite families on this cul-de-sac.

by Anonymousreply 262February 15, 2022 11:27 PM

How long until they tear down Nana’s cottage and build a mega mansion on the block?

by Anonymousreply 263February 15, 2022 11:36 PM

Is this Nana’s place, Max? I got the address from Mary’s blog - is this the original? It looks kind of elaborate compared to what Mary described. I mean you, Max - apologies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264February 15, 2022 11:45 PM

Once during one of Nana's Tupperware Parties

Helen Lawson took a huge dump in the downstairs powder room

The "Eau de Lawson" ruined the party and several guest felt physically ill

My quick-thinking Nana blamed Cheryl Ladd's casserole - everyone hated that cunt anyway

by Anonymousreply 265February 15, 2022 11:46 PM

Was Angie Dickinson around during any of this?

by Anonymousreply 266February 15, 2022 11:50 PM

R264, that's Ricardo Montalban's place.

by Anonymousreply 267February 15, 2022 11:55 PM

Max as an old Hollywood queen I am loving your genuine reminiscences - thank you! I’m just a little confused (forgive me I’m a slightly soused eldergay). You said in R249 how proud you are that Nana’s house is still standing, but when I checked the address as per “Mary’s” personal blog, the current house at the address (I won’t reveal, knowing how much you value your privacy*) was built in 2013. I can’t make the dates add up (but mathematics was never my core competency). Looking for your guidance, Max.

* Mary’s blog says that her address was 9170 Thrasher

by Anonymousreply 268February 15, 2022 11:57 PM

9170 Thrasher is hardly the cozy little place OP describes. It's as mega-mansionesque as the other houses on the street.

by Anonymousreply 269February 15, 2022 11:59 PM

[quote]9170 Thrasher is hardly the cozy little place OP describes. It's as mega-mansionesque as the other houses on the street.

So Nana was handy around the house...she fixed the place up...so sue me (well actually, please don't)

by Anonymousreply 270February 16, 2022 12:05 AM

[quote] that's Ricardo Montalban's place.

You can verify this because every other step going up to the front door is 8” taller than the others.

by Anonymousreply 271February 16, 2022 12:11 AM

STOP TALKING ABOUT MY HOUSE!

by Anonymousreply 272February 16, 2022 12:13 AM

[quote]9170 Thrasher is hardly the cozy little place OP describes. It's as mega-mansionesque as the other houses on the street.

But each one of these special steps is covered with...

rich Corinthian leather

by Anonymousreply 273February 16, 2022 12:16 AM

Angie Dickenson must have shagged the entire cul-de-sac.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274February 16, 2022 12:24 AM

R53 Similar story: this butthole used to run the stop sign on my corner in his white Escalade with his rap thumping. Every so often, I would be an old drag and fuss at him a bit but he was always very nice and abashed about it. I just thought he was a twerp driving Mama’s car.

A few years later (in 2008 ), I was reading a feature in the Times Magazine about the hotshot swimmer at the Beijing Olympics. They mentioned his/our neighborhood, his speeding, his white…uh…Escalade…with rap music thumping…and I realized that Michael Phelps lived across the street from our backyard neighbor.

by Anonymousreply 275February 16, 2022 12:49 AM

Once I saw Kate Jackson and Cher barreling down Oriole Drive and onto N Doheny in a VW bus. When I mentioned this to my friend, Wende Wagner, who briefly rented a place below Sunset on N Wetherly Drive, she laughed and said she had heard that Kate and Cher dropped deuces on Cheryl Ladd's front steps. That was when I first learned that things were right between Kate and Cheryl.

by Anonymousreply 276February 16, 2022 12:51 AM

/weren't

by Anonymousreply 277February 16, 2022 1:18 AM

I hear Meredith Baxter and David Birney used to live down the road. This was around the time Meredith started having her special female “friend” park her car further down the street and come visit her when David was away on business.

by Anonymousreply 278February 16, 2022 1:27 AM

What the hell was David Birney’s “business?” They we’re both actors, I think that was just a cover to be off having an affair with the ladies too.

by Anonymousreply 279February 16, 2022 1:31 AM

I thought this was Ricardo's house? Or was this the house that replaced the house he lived in?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280February 16, 2022 2:23 AM

That’s the Montalban house, R280 - the house that was behind, above and next door to Mary’s nana’s house.

That’s one hell of a design!

by Anonymousreply 281February 16, 2022 2:30 AM

Are all those bricks at R280 on the side of the path leading up to the stairs for his 8 inch leg difference?

by Anonymousreply 282February 16, 2022 2:36 AM

Interesting, R278. I had brunch at the Birney's home twice in 1976-77ish (my father worked with David). They lived on Rustic Rd. in Rustic Canyon/Santa Monica.

by Anonymousreply 283February 16, 2022 2:52 AM

I am familiar with the area and houses that OP describes as a client/friend owns the Dolly Parton house. He also designed and built the house at 9161 Oriole Way which OP states was built by Dr.Dre. My client---an interior designer and his tech millionaire husband---built the Oriole Way house and then bought the Dolly Parton house so that it could be torn down and replaced with something that would block their views. The Dolly Parton house is used as a rental. The OP's descriptions of the same house house being "above", "next door", and "behind" her grandmother's home is true because of the steepness and curvature of the streets in the hills. To drive from the Dolly Parton house on Thrasher to 9161 Oriole Way is about 3 blocks----but the south side of the Oriole Way house is next door to the north side of Dolly Parton's house.. Thrasher Ave heads down the hill from Oriole Way at a fairly steep decline. The Montalban house sat on the top of Oriole Drive and looked over the house on Thrasher. 9170 Thrasher from the street looks like it is built into the hillside. The house has several levels as it goes up the hill and you can see from the photos that the pool is above the house----and because of the steepness of the street, is still below what was the Montalban house.

by Anonymousreply 284February 16, 2022 3:02 AM

"could NOT be torn down"

by Anonymousreply 285February 16, 2022 3:04 AM

I once helped a friend hang framed artwork at Camilla Sparv's house on Roscomare Rd in Bel Air. A few months later, we did the same for Annette Funicello on Sandy Lane in Encino. Unfortunately, that house went up in flames. I presume the artwork went along with it.

by Anonymousreply 286February 16, 2022 3:06 AM

The house at 9161 Oriole Way was later sold to Dr. Dre----just not built by him.

by Anonymousreply 287February 16, 2022 3:07 AM

Good intell thanks R284.

Funny how you just dropped in out of nowhere!

by Anonymousreply 288February 16, 2022 3:33 AM

This thread is so Linda Granger...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289February 16, 2022 3:36 AM

R288: I've been on the thread since the beginning but finally wanted to show a little support for OP as his/her descriptions of the neighborhood were taking some heat.

by Anonymousreply 290February 16, 2022 3:53 AM

Can someone with a drone do an extensive flyover of the neighborhood, perhaps with some audio description as well, I think it would be a big help. Posting to YouTube I think would make it the most accessible. Thanks in advance!

by Anonymousreply 291February 16, 2022 4:03 AM

Also familiar with the neighborhood, having entertained a French gentleman for a time in one of the adjacent homes perched (naturellement) on a hillside, with gorgeous views of Century City, Downtown, etc. We repaired to Santa Barbara in his Benz '59 red convertible for dinner . . . later, numerous visits to my employer's compound (she of Movieline fame) for work-related stuff.

Great neighborhood, fabulous views, very delightful people!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292February 16, 2022 4:06 AM

R291 just plug a couple of the addresses into Google Maps and you’ll see (as if you needed any info other than what’s in this thread) that OP (who goes by the names Mary and Max) is nuts.

Not that she/he isn’t entertaining!

by Anonymousreply 293February 16, 2022 4:08 AM

^^ it's already been established OP's on the mark re the neighborhood.

by Anonymousreply 294February 16, 2022 4:14 AM

^^^ The neighbourhood? Yes, kinda sorta. But then, “Mary” is allegedly a real estate appraiser.

The neighbours? The chronology? Not so much.

But let’s let Max defend himself. Or Mary, or whatever name they go by. They tend to get snippy when the holes in their story are pointed out. Then s/he ignores these and moves on to some more embellishments.

It’s interesting how she suddenly has defenders on this thread who have no posting history!

by Anonymousreply 295February 16, 2022 4:23 AM

^^ STFU Frau cunt. Sorta kinda. Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 296February 16, 2022 4:28 AM

R296 I’m not a frau and I don’t have a cunt. I do, however, have a pool boy called Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 297February 16, 2022 4:32 AM

R295:this is R284. I posted on this thread because I had first hand information that some might find interesting and also because I might be able to explain to people not familiar with the hills how one house could be "next door", "above", and "behind" another house. I hesitated to even post because I knew some asshole would find fault. Obviously, you did.

by Anonymousreply 298February 16, 2022 4:35 AM

" I had brunch at the Birney's home twice in 1976-77ish"

Are you sure you didn't go for a little "munch" darling?

by Anonymousreply 299February 16, 2022 4:35 AM

"I do, however, have a pool boy called Jesus. "

You too?

by Anonymousreply 300February 16, 2022 4:38 AM

A pool boy called Jesus? Talk about holes in the story!

by Anonymousreply 301February 16, 2022 4:51 AM

Relax R298 - nobody’s questioning your encyclopaedic knowledge of the Bird Streets.

But if you have been on the DL for a while you’ll know that when someone posts their reminiscences of life in the Hollywood Hills or on the Upper East Side (it’s only ever one of those two locales), they need to get their facts straight because their posts will be called as bullshit, if they haven’t.

Which is why Max and/or Mary got a roasting.

by Anonymousreply 302February 16, 2022 5:10 AM

Nana bought her house for 20 gs. Not likely. Unless is was formerly a pump station.

by Anonymousreply 303February 16, 2022 5:30 AM

What happened to grandpa?

by Anonymousreply 304February 16, 2022 10:25 AM

^ After his 3-way with Rock Hudson and Liberace, grandpa ran off and opened a gas station with Scotty Bowers

by Anonymousreply 305February 16, 2022 11:02 AM

R304 We don’t talk about Grandpa.

by Anonymousreply 306February 16, 2022 1:42 PM

Dolly and Carl's marriage is one of my favorite Hollywood mysteries. Maybe it's not a mystery at all, but still.

Also, everyone does say what a lovely person Dolly is. However, don't you need to be a bit of a monster to make it big in showbiz?

by Anonymousreply 307February 16, 2022 4:01 PM

My guess is that Dolly surrounds herself with a few "monsters" for protection and so she never has to be the bad guy

by Anonymousreply 308February 16, 2022 4:40 PM

We love Dolly, but she would have to be a little monstrous. She's truly talented, though. Yeah, she'd cut you from throat to scrot if she thought you were in her way.

by Anonymousreply 309February 16, 2022 10:22 PM

Was Dolly's housekeeper/manager/personal assistant named Judy, OP?

by Anonymousreply 310February 16, 2022 10:48 PM

OP is deep, deep...in a bat cave...

somewhere

by Anonymousreply 311February 16, 2022 11:09 PM

I just read that the LA house with the Bat Cave was just bought by someone prominent. Did Mary sell it?

by Anonymousreply 312February 16, 2022 11:11 PM

No, R312 - Max did.

by Anonymousreply 313February 16, 2022 11:15 PM

You know what would liven this thread up is if nana was actually nona and OP had some gravy/sauce insight.

by Anonymousreply 314February 17, 2022 12:06 AM

Nana was Mexican, hombre.

by Anonymousreply 315February 17, 2022 12:30 AM

[quote]I posted on this thread because I had first hand information that some might find interesting.

We don't.

by Anonymousreply 316February 17, 2022 2:07 AM

I got to visit the set of Psycho when my sister was filming the movie. I was a huge fan of the original, so it was a big deal for me. Anthony Perkins was the nicest man, but you could sense a mischievous undercurrent to him, which is why he was so perfect in the role of Norman Bates. It was surreal being at the iconic Bates home and Bates Motel. I still can't believe it!

I also visited the set of Friday the 13th. I got to meet killer Jason Voorhees. It's so crazy that I've met both Norman Bates and Jason Voorhees. It's funny for me to watch Psycho and Friday the 13th knowing that both of them are very nice in person.

by Anonymousreply 317February 17, 2022 2:18 AM

Loving the updates Mary. Or Max - whatever. What is your name, btw? It’s always helpful to place a person - I’m sure that you agree,

Are you going to answer any of the queries regarding discrepancies in your tales above? Or just keep ignoring them and keep pushing out your “stories”?

by Anonymousreply 318February 17, 2022 2:42 AM

[quote]It's so crazy that I've met both Norman Bates and Jason Voorhees. It's funny for me to watch Psycho and Friday the 13th knowing that both of them are very nice in person.

Sweetie, they aren't real. Just like your stories.

by Anonymousreply 319February 17, 2022 2:46 AM

^^ pain in the ass nosey frau.

by Anonymousreply 320February 17, 2022 2:50 AM

I love this thread! OP, please continue...

by Anonymousreply 321February 17, 2022 2:51 AM

It's actually Brendad posting from the great beyond!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322February 17, 2022 3:15 AM

i saw cunty cheryl ladd once in a cafe with a big burly mean lookiin man. pimp? who can say..

by Anonymousreply 323February 17, 2022 3:33 AM

is brenda dead???

by Anonymousreply 324February 17, 2022 3:33 AM

Anyone remembr the Lotus Garden apartments below sunset blvd in h woood. so lush and georgous, vintage, once owned by pamela mason, my sugar pop had an apt there, an art dealer, we had the warhol crowd over, and andy williams once who sought pornographic glass tables. or maybe that was david hockney, i forget...

by Anonymousreply 325February 17, 2022 3:41 AM

[quote]andy williams once who sought pornographic glass tables. or maybe that was david hockney,

Or maybe Danny Thomas...

by Anonymousreply 326February 17, 2022 4:46 AM

R316, come and sit by me.

by Anonymousreply 327February 17, 2022 6:32 AM

R323 A pimp or a producer. Not much of a difference. Bitchy Cheryl Ladd was known to kiss ass etc etc

by Anonymousreply 328February 17, 2022 5:16 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329February 17, 2022 5:20 PM

Motherofgod, you're not going to tell us now that Judy Holliday lived in that damn cul-de-sac also. All we're missing is Marilyn Monroe and Captain Kangaroo...

by Anonymousreply 330February 18, 2022 2:54 PM

...and Mary and Ethel.

by Anonymousreply 331February 18, 2022 3:11 PM

R318, There are no discrepancies, and the details have even been verified by other posters.

by Anonymousreply 332February 18, 2022 11:24 PM

No, R332 - if OP can’t even admit to their name, then there’s not much faith that can be placed in their other “tales”.

And even if so - where is OP? Max/Mary? Can’t they own what they’re posted?

It would seem not.

by Anonymousreply 333February 19, 2022 12:54 AM

R332 is OP, i.e. either “Max” or “Mary”. S/he seems to have vanished, though. How curious!

by Anonymousreply 334February 27, 2022 11:57 PM

[quote]S/he seems to have vanished

S/he's in the kitchen whipping up a batch of Mrs. Moe Howard's tuna casserole.

by Anonymousreply 335February 28, 2022 12:28 AM

Cheryl Ladd had Max/Mary silenced!!

by Anonymousreply 336February 28, 2022 1:17 AM

Wasn't Bob Hope known to own at least one other place, a place he brought women to - women he fancied - for discreet encounters?

by Anonymousreply 337February 28, 2022 1:35 AM

Mary Max, did you know Frankie Avalon?

by Anonymousreply 338February 28, 2022 3:01 AM

Thank you, Max!

by Anonymousreply 339March 2, 2022 5:17 AM

Hi Mary!

by Anonymousreply 340March 2, 2022 5:23 AM

Was Cheryl Ladd's hair, unwigged, really as thin and wispy as it appears to be?

by Anonymousreply 341March 2, 2022 10:06 PM

[quote]Mary Max, did you know Frankie Avalon?

Are you kidding? Frankie and Ed Marshall wrote the song Venus in Nana's gazebo.

by Anonymousreply 342March 2, 2022 11:17 PM

I'll still like to how Nana was able to buy into this exclusive ever-expanding neighborhood. Even back then it would have seemed expensive at the time, no?

by Anonymousreply 343March 2, 2022 11:50 PM

Did Nana get any famous dick?

by Anonymousreply 344March 3, 2022 11:01 PM

Could you really buy a house for 20k back in 1965, in B.H.? Where's my time machine?

by Anonymousreply 345March 4, 2022 1:37 AM

Too bad, Op didn't get the nicer angel, Kate Jackson. Sounds like Ladd was not a great neighbor.

by Anonymousreply 346March 4, 2022 1:40 AM

Did the Jackson 5 play basketball on the ‘sac?

by Anonymousreply 347March 5, 2022 1:56 AM

CHERYL ladd's hair looked wiggy, hard and shiney and cheap.

by Anonymousreply 348March 7, 2022 2:11 AM

My Dad bought our house, my childhood home, in Orange County in 1964 for $22,000. Not Hollywood, of course, but in an idyllic OC neighborhood.

by Anonymousreply 349March 7, 2022 3:14 PM

Did OP ever share any stories about hanging out and playing with Jennifer Grey and her old nose?

by Anonymousreply 350March 7, 2022 3:28 PM

And me? My name's Max. I take care of both of 'em. Which ain't easy. 'cause when they met...it was MURDAH!

by Anonymousreply 351March 7, 2022 3:49 PM

I love the smell.

by Anonymousreply 352March 7, 2022 4:04 PM

Do they still make fitted plastic slipcovers? When I look online, I see things that are more like plastic sheets you drape over the furniture. I want to buy the type that will completely enclose the cushions.

I know they're déclassé but they're the only thing I can think of that will save the next couch from my dogs. The current one is already gross.h I need to replace it, but I don't want the next one ruined by hair and dirty paws.

(No, I can't keep them off the furniture and I'm not getting rid of them. )

by Anonymousreply 353March 22, 2022 2:27 AM

Wrong thread! sorry

by Anonymousreply 354March 22, 2022 3:06 AM

Buck would never post in the wrong thread.

by Anonymousreply 355March 22, 2022 1:30 PM

Somehow, it fits.

by Anonymousreply 356March 22, 2022 3:55 PM

Yoo-hoo, Mr. Fagela! I know where you can get plastic sofa covers to die for. THE BEST. My cousin knows a man, I'll put you in touch.

And if you ever want my recipe for Tuna Wiggle, just give me a jingle.

by Anonymousreply 357March 22, 2022 4:22 PM

^ Don't fuck fuck with me, Howard, no one knows plastic covers like I do...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358March 22, 2022 4:58 PM

Ricardo Montalban had a 8 inch difference in the length of his legs?

by Anonymousreply 359October 12, 2022 11:26 PM

How did the neighborhood filter out the smell of Cheryl Ladd's pussy?

by Anonymousreply 360October 13, 2022 12:12 AM

I tracked down Cheryl Ladd and asked her if she had any memories of her time on nana's Cul-de-sac. Transcription of the tape below!

"EEK! How dare you! You nasty little thing. No fair peeking! What's that, darling? The Cul-de-sac? Oh yes, I remember it well, we all used to have a blast! There was this one time we were over at Harlan Ellison's - the place a little to left behind and in front of the right of nana's - and it was me, Ossie Clark, Patrick Dempsey, Jami Gertz, Robert Downey Jr. and Sarah Jessica Parker - and we were all up on the billiards table with Henry Kissinger! Kiss-Kiss, we used to call him.

And we were dancing - Sarah was teaching us the frug - when who should come roaring through the French windows on her Harley but Edna St. Vincent Millay! Vinnie, we used to call her. Anyway, Vinnie had brought a huge piñata stuffed with expired lottery tickets and unsprung mousetraps and we spent a cheerful hour whaling away at it with hockey sticks. But then Kiss-Kiss stepped in a dish of salmon sorbet left over from Lana Turner's annual topless quilting bee and went ass over teakettle into a pile of scripts that had been rejected personally by every single studio executive at Paramount, including the backstage cat.

We fell about the place laughing, but Kiss-Kiss - he had the most terrible temper! - seized a polyurethane swordfish that had been gifted to Harlan by Jodie Foster and launched it at us in a rage! He missed, fortunately, but took out a paper-mache chandelier that was one of the last such created by Helen Lawson. It rather broke the mood, shall we say, and I don;t think Harlan was ever able to get the stains out, but yes, it was a whirlwind wonderland of life, love and laughter up nana's cul-de-sac."

by Anonymousreply 361October 13, 2022 1:29 AM

Whatever happened to Maxmary?

by Anonymousreply 362October 13, 2022 2:06 AM

So has anyone else grown up in LA with famous neighbors, only you were also sane?

by Anonymousreply 363October 16, 2022 8:17 PM

i lived right across the street from marilyn monroe's Hollygrove Orphanage on el centro. we often romped on its lawns. her ghost dances on moonlit nights and she is nude. gaping hole.....

by Anonymousreply 364October 21, 2022 12:30 PM

R3 So Dolly and her husband are a real couple?

by Anonymousreply 365October 21, 2022 12:40 PM

The intrepid Mike Hunt at r98 is right, and Montalban did have a pronounced limp, but was able to hide it after the injury for quite some time. Then in the 1990s he had another issue with the same leg and wasn't able to hide the limp anymore.

It wasn't an issue of one leg shorter than the other, but a spinal injury. I believe "Max" knew about the limp and came up with a goofy explanation for it, just to sound like he had insider info. Insider info about a limp. Whatta country!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366October 21, 2022 1:04 PM

I hope the skin grafts for this OP after her "pants on fire" incident took.

That ass needed a lot of skin to cover it.

by Anonymousreply 367October 21, 2022 1:07 PM

I grew up next door to many celebrities. I'm a chipmunk in Bel Air.

by Anonymousreply 368October 21, 2022 1:45 PM

R358 That man is wearing a suit and tie while lounging on the sofa with his shoes on. Oh my! Shoes on the sofa? Not in Joan's house. Never ever do it AGAIN, EVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 369October 21, 2022 2:21 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!