Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is Salma Hayek Latina or Latinx?

Her ethnicity seems to be fully Lebanese and Spanish. But she was born in Mexico.

by Anonymousreply 24June 23, 2022 8:26 PM

Depends on the age of the person you're asking

by Anonymousreply 1February 7, 2022 10:48 PM

According to Wiki, you may have overstated the citizenship/nationality connection to Spain.

She was born in Mexico and thus a Mexican citizen. And her parents were residents there. Her maternal grandparents are Spanish residents/citizens.

Her nationality is Mexican and American.

With Spanish grandparents, she could apply for citizenship if she were inclined.

People from Spain are Spanish, not Latina/o/x.

by Anonymousreply 2February 7, 2022 11:09 PM

OMG, Salma Hayek is lebanese? I never knew she liked the pussy.

by Anonymousreply 3February 8, 2022 12:09 AM

I'd say Latino.

by Anonymousreply 4February 8, 2022 2:02 AM

I knew, R3

by Anonymousreply 5February 8, 2022 5:40 AM

R3?? Latina women make the highest lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 6June 23, 2022 3:44 AM

R2 weird how some mutts with native genes are called latino while Spaniards aren’t? And I only see Latinos calling themselves Spanish. What pathetic people

by Anonymousreply 7June 23, 2022 3:45 AM

Who cares, she has man face with tit implants and only in hollyweird for diversity.

by Anonymousreply 8June 23, 2022 3:46 AM

R2 why are you Latinos everywhere on the internet? Jesus

by Anonymousreply 9June 23, 2022 3:46 AM

Definitely latinx

by Anonymousreply 10June 23, 2022 3:47 AM

Her mother is Spanish and her father is Lebanese

by Anonymousreply 11June 23, 2022 3:51 AM

Her mother is Spanish and father Lebanese, you wouldn’t even think she’s mexican if one didn’t tell you, she passes as Southern European.

by Anonymousreply 12June 23, 2022 3:55 AM

Say what you want about her but she's the only woman this platinum/gold whatever star gay has ever wanted to stick it in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 23, 2022 3:57 AM

“Latinx” is a thing like “non-binary” and “cisgendered”. that have been forced down our throats the past few years. I say, push back on this crap.

by Anonymousreply 14June 23, 2022 4:01 AM

R13 because she looks like a man, you proved my point.

by Anonymousreply 15June 23, 2022 4:01 AM

R14, you shouldn’t even be calling yourself latino.

by Anonymousreply 16June 23, 2022 4:02 AM

Complete opposite. Her femininity in Dogma was captivating R15

by Anonymousreply 17June 23, 2022 4:03 AM

There is no such thing as latinx...its a manifestation of mental illness, like trans and non-binary. It won't exist after one or two more years.

by Anonymousreply 18June 23, 2022 5:46 AM

Which one is Spanish for “stupid, herpes infested cunt with big knockers and a surprisingly large gag reflex”?

by Anonymousreply 19June 23, 2022 6:38 AM

She is Mexican and Latina. Levantine Christians migrated to Latin America since the 1800s and integrated. Many converted to Catholicism. Shakira is also of Lebanese descent. She and Antonio Banderas played white Mexicans in Desperado as Robert Rodriguez wanted to sell the Mariachi films to Hollywood, the original independent movie that predated it had mestizo actors in it. But Hollywood being racist, only wants the Mediterranean Latino look not the Indigenous one.

Also, nobody uses Latinx. Latin American women love being feminine and embrace it.

by Anonymousreply 20June 23, 2022 6:58 AM

[quote]R2] weird how some mutts with native genes are called latino while Spaniards aren’t?

Spaniards are European. People from Latina America are Latinx. Latinx is just short hand so that peole don’t have to say Latino/Latina. It’s not a “woke” term, just a way of simplifying two words into one. She was born in Mexico, thus she’s Latina. You don’t have to refer to a single person as Latinx, it’s just a way to collectively refer to a group without using toe different words. And she is Latina because she was born in Mexico, regardless of her parent’s backgrounds. Anya Taylor-Joy is a White Latina and specifically says she is Latina but not a woman of color, because her parents are British and Scottish. But she was raised in Argentina.

by Anonymousreply 21June 23, 2022 11:37 AM

Most Latin Americans prefer it if you call them by their nationality but Americans are lazy and like to use blanket terms for different ethnicities like white, Black, people of color, Latinx, Asian and Native American instead of learning about actual diversity. I can tell you for certain Mexicans, Argentines and Puerto Ricans have little in common. And white Cubans in Florida certainly don't want to be associated with Mexicans of Amerindian extraction or Puerto Ricans of African ancestry.

by Anonymousreply 22June 23, 2022 4:51 PM

I can understand that, r22. We wouldn’t want to be called North Americans. It’s a phrase that was probably just meant to be used by demographers and social scientists and became overused. Only 3% of Hispanics and Latinos in the US use it.

It’l like calling gay and bisexual men MSM. I have to use it all the time at work, but don’t call me one in a personal conversation!

by Anonymousreply 23June 23, 2022 8:22 PM

I will say though I asked a cute guy recently if he identified as Latino (because he’s white, but called his grandmother his Abuelita) and he said his mom is Mexican so he does identify as Latino. He didn’t object to me saying that (but he also didn’t tell me that he preferred to be called Mexican, which he might)

by Anonymousreply 24June 23, 2022 8:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!