Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Elizabeth McGovern (!) as Ava Gardner in London play

It is almost unimaginable to me that McGovern would play Gardner--they are/were both beauties, but completely different types.

But good for McGovern for stretching herself. She gets a good review from The Guardian.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7February 8, 2022 4:52 AM

good for her!

by Anonymousreply 1January 27, 2022 1:13 AM

Love her. I hope she brings it to New York.

by Anonymousreply 2January 27, 2022 1:35 AM

Elizabeth McGovern was a PYT back in the day, but a tad pudgy in the face (or perhaps "cherubic" would be a better word), which Ava was not. The baby fat is long gone, so perhaps Elizabeth can pull off playing an aged and blousy Ava.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 27, 2022 1:39 AM

I can see Sherilyn Fenn playing Ava, but has she ever performed in the legitimate theater?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4January 27, 2022 1:44 AM

Oh Wobert!

by Anonymousreply 5January 27, 2022 1:47 AM

I live very close to where Ava was from. I hope the play gets brought here.

by Anonymousreply 6February 8, 2022 4:44 AM

[Quote] The chemistry between McGovern and Anatol Yusef, who plays all the male roles, never quite burns and when their big fallout happens, it feels manufactured.

When they film it for the BBC, no doubt they'll cast a different male actor for each part.

by Anonymousreply 7February 8, 2022 4:52 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!