Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

“Euphoria” Season 2- Official Thread #2

So I do feel this season is lacking the charm and magic of the first but that was also expected, honestly. I feel a show can’t have such an amazing first season and pop cultural impact and stay amazing. “Glee” and “This Is Us” suffered from the same issue.

Someone I work with knows someone who works behind the scenes on the show but won’t tell me her name, but they said that there was a lot of drama behind the scenes while filming this season, and that the “Kat” drama is true and we will be seeing a lot less of her this season. The actor who plays McKay quit because he was upset at how his character has been treated but they are in touch with him to possibly bring him back for season 3 (yea, there is going to be a next season).

A big part of the reason that the supporting cast has more screen time this season than last (Jacob and Sydney in particular had their parts bumped up) is partly because the showrunner has his favorites on top of the fact Zendaya was filming other stuff while filming this also.

Supposedly Jacob is part of the drama but I haven’t found out why. Working on it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357February 9, 2022 5:01 PM

Levinson’s work is degenerate. But I’m watching.

by Anonymousreply 1January 26, 2022 11:32 AM

Ok so I finally caught up with the last episode and the opening 15 minutes of Young Cal were just.....sublime. The guys were so beautiful and yes it was fantasy/wish fulfillment, but the scene at the gay bar was so touching precisely because it didn't at all go in the direction you might have anticipated (young Cal being like: whoa don't touch me, you faggot).

The rest of the episode was just meh and it killed me they never returned to Cal and Derrick. I am so over Rue's addiction storyline which has never risen above an after-school special and is now more tedious than ever.

However the use of Jo Stafford at the end!! Genius and unexpected.

by Anonymousreply 2January 26, 2022 11:33 AM

Sophomore slump is a real thing OP, it happens to the best of them.

by Anonymousreply 3January 26, 2022 11:38 AM

The show borrows great music and uses it well, but relies on it a bit too much. But that’s been true of movies and TV since - oh, American Graffiti maybe? The Big Chill? Anything by Scorsese?

by Anonymousreply 4January 26, 2022 11:39 AM

R2 are you new to the show? The show never revisits the opening backstories.

by Anonymousreply 5January 26, 2022 12:26 PM

Some spoilers ahead…

Jacob demanded Nate be redeemed this season, which most feel is too soon. The character Nate was a sociopath and psychopath who now is just focused on a girl. That’s ridiculous. He is only going to see Maddie because he needs to get in her good graces to try and get the Jules/Dad video back. I know how he gets it back and it upset me greatly when I found out.

I know what happens with Cal also but idk if you guys wanna know yet.

by Anonymousreply 6January 26, 2022 12:41 PM

Did y’all see this from another thread? I still don’t know who Sam Greis is, where he got this image from and why he’s trolling our guys F&R?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7January 26, 2022 12:42 PM

Sam Greisman is Sally Field's (openly gay) son.

by Anonymousreply 8January 26, 2022 1:52 PM

It’s from one of their IGs.

by Anonymousreply 9January 26, 2022 2:10 PM

Fans self...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 26, 2022 2:39 PM

The backstory to Cal was sweet, but it didn’t flow with the rest of the episode. This was the most disjointed episode of the show yet

by Anonymousreply 11January 26, 2022 2:42 PM

Spoiler….

Cal ends up coming out to his family and abandoning them.

by Anonymousreply 12January 26, 2022 2:45 PM

I'd like to see adult Derek

by Anonymousreply 13January 26, 2022 2:48 PM

What time period was the flashback supposed to be from? The music and style callbacks made it seem more like the late 80s than the mid 90s.

by Anonymousreply 14January 26, 2022 2:54 PM

SPOILER-

Cal’s abandoning the family and coming out leads Nate and his mom to speak and bond.

by Anonymousreply 15January 26, 2022 2:55 PM

R14 it was the early 90s. A lot of things in the early 90s was the same/similar to the late 80s. Styles don’t change overnight.

by Anonymousreply 16January 26, 2022 2:56 PM

Sydney Sweeney was actually supposed to have a ridiculous amount of nudity in season 2 and she did some of it before going to Levinson and telling him she wanted to excess amounts of nudity he had for her to do removed and going forward she would only do nudity if it made sense for the scene. She felt some of the nudity she was expected to do was unnecessary and pointless to what was happening.

She also pointed out to him that being a woman doing so much nudity will hurt her in the long run because she won’t be known for her character or performance but just for getting naked. Levinson obliged and changed some of the scenes.

by Anonymousreply 17January 26, 2022 3:02 PM

Hang r12/r15.

by Anonymousreply 18January 26, 2022 3:03 PM

R16 So that would mean there's a 10 year age gap between Nate and his older brother?

by Anonymousreply 19January 26, 2022 3:06 PM

If this spoiler is accurate, does that mean Cal (Eric Dane) is essentially written off the show? Also, what's the point of redeeming Nate this early in the series. Where else are they to go with his character? I'm getting the sense that Euphoria isn't going to be a very long running show if they are quick to appease all of the actors desire to not be cast in a negative light.

by Anonymousreply 20January 26, 2022 3:07 PM

Levinson didn’t appease my desires, trust me! Fucking asshole!

by Anonymousreply 21January 26, 2022 3:09 PM

R20 no one is ok with Nate being redeemed so fast and easily. I’ve seen it all over social media. People are complaining how you can already tell they’re trying to make Nate more likable, and Jacob said in an interview this season is about “redeeming”. This season takes place directly after season 1 so he changed overnight? Please.

There was a lot of behind the scenes drama this season. Like Ryan Murphy with his Glee cast, Levinson plays favorites and allows certain people to have influence on his writing while others are pretty much told to fuck off.

Remember when Dianna Agron dared to speak up and tell Murphy she didn’t like the direction Quinn was headed (she was right) so he treated her like absolute shit after?

by Anonymousreply 22January 26, 2022 3:13 PM

Damn I was about to drop another Nate spoiler but I have a feeling you all will come for my head lol

by Anonymousreply 23January 26, 2022 3:14 PM

Do it anyway, r23!

by Anonymousreply 24January 26, 2022 3:15 PM

Spoiler-

Nate ditched Cassie to go see Maddie instead (shown at the end of this last episode) because he needs to get on her good side do that he can get the Jules/Cal video back. Things aren’t going at his pace within a few days and he realizes she isn’t gonna give him the video so he breaks into her house at night and holds a loaded gun to her head. He put one bullet in the gun, like Russian Roulette. He pulls the trigger until she finally caves and gives him the video.

He goes to Jules and gives her the video, apologizes to her for everything and tells her to do whatever she wants with it.

He then goes to Cassie and pretty much moves her in with him.

by Anonymousreply 25January 26, 2022 3:21 PM

I like Nate as a villain, he a bit scary.

by Anonymousreply 26January 26, 2022 3:22 PM

SPOILER!!!!

Also, Maddie finds out about Cassie and Nate through Rue, who ends up saying something after seeing Cassie and Nate in his car.

by Anonymousreply 27January 26, 2022 3:30 PM

SPOILER!!!-

Nate has the most screen time this season, not counting Zendaya. The character does a weird 180, and you will see him Being very sweet and gentle and romantic even. He is no longer abusive outside of him holding Maddie at gun point. After that he is all about Cassie and redeems himself with Jules.

by Anonymousreply 28January 26, 2022 3:38 PM

Stop with the fucking spoilers!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 29January 26, 2022 3:39 PM

SPOILER!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30January 26, 2022 3:40 PM

Ok no more spoilers!!!

by Anonymousreply 31January 26, 2022 3:42 PM

Kat is barely on the season and her only storyline is that she doesn’t love Ethan but stays with him which leads her to cope by binge eating.

Levinson gave her nothing else.

by Anonymousreply 32January 26, 2022 3:49 PM

Would you watch a Cal/Derek spin-off?

by Anonymousreply 33January 26, 2022 3:49 PM

OP, Jacob is a part of the drama because he's fucked Zendaya and Sydney. He's a man whore and typical Aussie actor opportunist. He's lucky the pandemic gave Z, who is always a professional, time to get over their drama. Because you never fuck over the HBIC of a TV show. As an EP, she even brought Tom onto set while Nate was there. Tom Holland felt some type of way with Z dating a taller guy, he allegedly is a bit self-conscious about his height. But Z does like to throw her weight around a bit, not that anyone (outside of Jacob) would be upset at meeting an A-list star like Tom Holland.

Anyway, Jacob also fucked Sydney but that was minor drama.

To Sam's credit, he probably spent the pandemic reading Reddit pages because the fan favorites got their moment to shine early on this season. Fez, Lexi (the Taylor Swift of Euphoria fandom), Cal, and Ashtray.

Sydney's stock shot up after the surprise success of The White Lotus . She on her way to become a Warner Brother's darling. The rest of the cast haven't been able to break out in a similar fashion outside of Euphoria, so I can see how they are re-appropriated.

Eric Dane is the only cast member besides Z that came with a small built in fan base. Specially, from the Millennial demographic via Grey's Anatomy (Dr. McSteamy). Happy to see that he's getting more screen time and that he is a good team player. He said he doesn't try to change the character, he acts out whatever Sam puts in front of him.

Why Jacob gets extra favors from Sam is a mystery because he's dated some good B/C list actresses/socialites but he's not that popular/powerful.

by Anonymousreply 34January 26, 2022 3:59 PM

R34 Jacob is his star on the male side. He may not be powerful but he’s the shows breakout. Zendaya was already a star. Him and Sydney are the shows biggest talking points outside of Zendaya. He’s become a teenage heartthrob. Girls and gays alike wanna bone that guy.

He cheated on Zendaya. He can’t help himself apparently because I heard he cheated on Kaia also.

Plus Jacob is a hot straight white guy. Levinson probably feels a bond is there. Attractive straight white men naturally gravitate toward one another and are friends.

by Anonymousreply 35January 26, 2022 5:43 PM

Or when the person in power isn’t hot and he takes the hot young guy under his wing. I’ve seen it firsthand at work places

by Anonymousreply 36January 26, 2022 5:44 PM

Plus, Jacob would probably suck a mean cock to get ahead. Just kidding, in interviews you can tell how much of a theater kid Jacob is in the way he desibes his craft.

Eric comes off as tired but greatful for this minor career resurgabnce. He was rtending on Twitter yesterday!

Angus seems high and slow, like Fez. But harmless. He needs some media training.

The other guy that plays Ethan has had like 2 lines in 3 episodes, hard to tell what he was even doing in that interview.

All of them seemed worn down and tired, but Jacob had the best presentation skills. In another interview Jacob was eating throughout and Angus was eating a cheeseburger, rather unprofessional both ends. But anything goes since COVID.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37January 26, 2022 5:51 PM

So let’s say that it’s true and Cal does come out to his wife and sons (Nate knows, of course) and then abandons the family… are we happy for him or is that bad? Both good and bad?

by Anonymousreply 38January 26, 2022 6:39 PM

If Covid never happened this would have been the shows 3rd season. Covid really slowed everything down.

by Anonymousreply 39January 26, 2022 6:41 PM

Spill all the deets.

by Anonymousreply 40January 26, 2022 7:03 PM

R40 the stories going on now would have already happened in 2020. We would be on season 3 right now. Covid shut it all down.

Actually, if the show happened in 2020 it probably would have been better.

by Anonymousreply 41January 26, 2022 7:05 PM

Why? Zendaya might have had Elordi sidelined.

by Anonymousreply 42January 26, 2022 7:05 PM

In that pic @R30 - those look like Jules’ eyes.

by Anonymousreply 43January 26, 2022 7:57 PM

Does Jacob have any big projects in the offing?

by Anonymousreply 44January 26, 2022 8:04 PM

This show seems ripe for a musical episode, especially as Rue lies comatose ODing.

by Anonymousreply 45January 26, 2022 8:14 PM

Good for her

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46January 26, 2022 8:55 PM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47January 26, 2022 8:56 PM

I would have thought she's British.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48January 26, 2022 9:01 PM

R47 Can so one explain the prologue to this?

by Anonymousreply 49January 26, 2022 9:03 PM

*someone

by Anonymousreply 50January 26, 2022 9:09 PM

This show has turned into a long x-rated music video. They played like 8 songs in the first 15 minutes of the last episode.

by Anonymousreply 51January 26, 2022 9:17 PM

R46 But she's naked all the time. Imagine how much more boobs would she show if she didn't tell him to cut some scenes out.

by Anonymousreply 52January 26, 2022 9:19 PM

Is there any dick on display?

by Anonymousreply 53January 26, 2022 9:20 PM

[quote]What time period was the flashback supposed to be from? The music and style callbacks made it seem more like the late 80s than the mid 90s.

The music reminded me of the '80s, but Derek's haircut was very '90s.

Does the show take place in current time?

by Anonymousreply 54January 26, 2022 9:23 PM

The first season took place in modern time, 2019. This season is set a few weeks later, and starts on NYE, so they’re in 2020 right now.

by Anonymousreply 55January 26, 2022 9:26 PM

Lord, young people think Levinson is obsessed with Sweeney in a very unhealthy way because of how much nudity she’s forced to do. I’m sure their thoughts are only worse now because she spoke about it and said it was actually supposed to be even more!

by Anonymousreply 56January 26, 2022 9:28 PM

R55 Are you saying they are building to a pandemic storyline?

by Anonymousreply 57January 26, 2022 9:30 PM

R57 I hope not and they pretend that never happened

by Anonymousreply 58January 26, 2022 9:31 PM

Episode 1 of season 2 has been seen by 11 million people since premiering 3 weeks ago. Sundays episode was seen by 3.8 million that night, their highest rated episode in one night to date. The ratings keep going up with each week.

by Anonymousreply 59January 26, 2022 9:34 PM

It's just tits. You'd swear we were being given a tour of her fallopian tubes or something.

by Anonymousreply 60January 26, 2022 9:50 PM

Agree with this guy about Cal and Levinson’s need for us to empathize with him (and Nate).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61January 26, 2022 10:18 PM

Sam definitely favors Zendaya, Jacob and Sydney the most. I wish Alexa was given more to do. Maddie has the best lines.

Realistically, the show doesn't seem like it lends itself to running for a long time. Rue's addiction is already kind of boring. But since the show is enormously popular, HBO will milk it long past its expiration date.

by Anonymousreply 62January 26, 2022 10:19 PM

Was Alexa demoted because her "old lady" status was leaked?

by Anonymousreply 63January 26, 2022 10:31 PM

No. She’s not even really demoted. Maddie’s storyline in season 1 was Nate. Now that they’re over it’s like they don’t know what to do with her.

As stated, a lot of the cast took issue with their characters and stories etc. or lack thereof. Levinson let Elordi dictate what will happen with Nate and Levinson did it for him.

Zendaya isn’t in the same category as the rest. She’s the legit star and lead, as well as an EP. They aren’t her peers.

by Anonymousreply 64January 26, 2022 10:52 PM

Why would Elordi be able to dictate his character arc? He has no power, surely.

by Anonymousreply 65January 26, 2022 11:07 PM

It’s been discussed. Being close to the creator, showrunner, director, sole writer etc. gives you power on that set.

by Anonymousreply 66January 26, 2022 11:09 PM

Alexa looks so pretty! Queen! Love Maddie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67January 26, 2022 11:12 PM

If Cal leaves I wonder if he'll go in search of Derek. He's the one he wanted in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 68January 26, 2022 11:15 PM

Needs who are obsessed with high school turn everything into high school. Barry Levinson's kid turned that set into high school and will favor the most popular break out stars.

by Anonymousreply 69January 26, 2022 11:18 PM

I mean it’s been like 30+ years. Derek has his own life now. I hope.

by Anonymousreply 70January 26, 2022 11:19 PM

R69 Ryan Murphy did the same thing with Glee. He had his favorites and it always showed. There was so much drama on that set.

by Anonymousreply 71January 26, 2022 11:23 PM

But wasn't Alexa a breakout?

by Anonymousreply 72January 26, 2022 11:25 PM

I think they’re all “breakouts” in a way because the show is popular but certain ones get a lot more media attention and people falling over for them which gives them more leverage.

And of course there is always politics. Someone like Jacob Elordi doesn’t even need to try to be the top dawg in the politics game

by Anonymousreply 73January 26, 2022 11:27 PM

R17 Sweeney was correct to renegotiate the nudity. People will scream at her that she’s a prude or an opportunist or a delusional grandiose, but she’s just being realistic about how women are objectified. She needs to think about her own career and future, and she has done so maturely.

by Anonymousreply 74January 26, 2022 11:29 PM

[quote] you will see him Being very sweet and gentle and romantic even. He is no longer abusive outside of him holding Maddie at gun point

Yeah, defo not abusive, that....😰

by Anonymousreply 75January 26, 2022 11:30 PM

I wonder if Sam has a plan as to how he would like to wrap this show up. It will surely run for another season or more given the popularity, but I hope they have some sort of endgame in mind, rather than making it up as they go along in order to buy time. The stakes are high for a lot of these characters, so it's harder to maintain the same level of drama and tension for long without losing plausibility and exhausting the patience and goodwill of the audience. Three or four seasons should be the maximum for this type of show.

by Anonymousreply 76January 26, 2022 11:42 PM

Maybe in Season Three they could all win the lottery.

by Anonymousreply 77January 26, 2022 11:47 PM

I want The Derek Programme.

by Anonymousreply 78January 26, 2022 11:48 PM

My friend feels every original character should die off by the time of the finale and we find out they were all dead all along.

by Anonymousreply 79January 27, 2022 12:16 AM

Shady Alexa.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80January 27, 2022 4:15 AM

My brother was one of those D.A.R.E. Kids in high school during the late 70s and had the t-shirt and everything. Cut to the mid 80s in Las Vegas where blow was a way of life, down to the fact that during the waiter strike when he was locked in the hotel 24/7 and running the restaurants as manager, the management supplied it to keep staff going.

He and his boyfriend eventually became dealers to support their habit. He loved nothing more than to wear his skin tight D.A.R.E. t-shirt and his slutty little Dolphin shorts to the Gay club and do lines of coke in the bathroom. One time at the club he won a “best ass of Las Vegas” contest, because he couldn’t afford to get his car fixed, since all his money was going for drugs and instead he was riding his bicycle everywhere and was in the best shape of his life. He even unironically bought one of those bumper stickers that said “My other car is up my nose.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81January 27, 2022 8:39 AM

Drugs destroy your face. I don’t even worry about my health, I wouldn’t do them because I don’t want my face ruined.

by Anonymousreply 82January 27, 2022 9:46 AM

Chaka Khan's face has never looked destroyed.

by Anonymousreply 83January 27, 2022 3:03 PM

Well I guess when you have money it’s different.

She’s also black. Their faces take hits softer.

by Anonymousreply 84January 27, 2022 3:30 PM

Whitney looked older than Dionne at one point.

by Anonymousreply 85January 27, 2022 3:35 PM

Yes R53

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86January 27, 2022 6:17 PM

[quote] I’m very proud of my work on Euphoria – but no one talks about it because I got naked.

Um, maybe they're not talking about it because her performance (or at least her character) sucks? Literally all she does is act like a dear in the headlights and whine in every scene. She's easily the worst character on the show.

by Anonymousreply 87January 27, 2022 6:30 PM

Thanks r86.

by Anonymousreply 88January 27, 2022 6:32 PM

Doe, a dear.

by Anonymousreply 89January 27, 2022 6:33 PM

A female deer.

by Anonymousreply 90January 27, 2022 6:43 PM

Haha. Oops. Yes, I meant deer and not dear. But it still doesn't change the fact that her character is annoying beyond belief.

by Anonymousreply 91January 27, 2022 6:58 PM

I thought Sydney Sweeney was absolutely horrible as Nick's child bride in A Handmaid's Tale - an even worse actor than he was. So when The White Lotus came around, I didn't really want to watch it because she was in it. But because of the positive reviews, I decided to tune in. And I have to say, she was a revelation in that. I gained newfound respect for her and now really appreciate what she's doing in Euphoria. I will say she should never take on a clueless waif role again though because she is in danger of being typecast.

by Anonymousreply 92January 27, 2022 7:07 PM

Nick Jonas was in Handmaid's Tale?

by Anonymousreply 93January 27, 2022 7:09 PM

I think she’s great as Cassie. Cassie clearly has mental issues. That’s not Sydney’s fault

by Anonymousreply 94January 27, 2022 7:14 PM

The ratings just keep climbing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95January 27, 2022 10:07 PM

Why are pointless articles like this published?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96January 27, 2022 10:08 PM

R96 because Gen Z likes shit like that

by Anonymousreply 97January 27, 2022 10:09 PM

R97 Who are these Gen Z people everyone is talking about here all the time?

by Anonymousreply 98January 27, 2022 10:10 PM

I think Sweeney would play great villain type characters because of her expressions, and her ability to be deadpan as she was in Lotus. You think she’s vacuous and there’s nothing there, but there’s this extreme sense of control. I don’t think she can pull off sweet and demure or innocent as easily. I think she’s a great actor because of it.

by Anonymousreply 99January 27, 2022 10:45 PM

You think she's a great actor because she can't pull of those qualities?

by Anonymousreply 100January 27, 2022 11:13 PM

r98 Gen Z is anyone between 15-27. The age that many still confuse with Millennials. They are the kids shaking their ass and floppy dicks in short shorts on TIk Tok or basically anyone we would deem young.

This is Gen-z, minus the uglies and woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101January 28, 2022 12:22 AM

R101 false. 1996 was the last year for Millennials. So 25 year olds are Millennials. The oldest Gen Z are 23.

by Anonymousreply 102January 28, 2022 12:33 AM

R100 - go back to your Norma Desmond movies.

by Anonymousreply 103January 28, 2022 12:39 AM

OK r102, there is no official cut off date, but the basicl premis of the statement stands. High schoolers, maybe middle schoolers, and certainly college students are Gen-z.

by Anonymousreply 104January 28, 2022 1:09 AM

[Quote] go back to your Norma Desmond movies.

Persuasive argument.

by Anonymousreply 105January 28, 2022 1:14 AM

I just watched the first and second seasons this week. I am totally out of these kids’ age range, had nothing resembling their lives when I was their age, and typically hate gritty/depressing shows, especially about teens ruining their lives with drugs (still sad about The Wire Season 4). I don’t know why but I LOVE this show. Fantastic acting and characters, music, beautifully shot, even if it’s all over the top.

by Anonymousreply 106January 28, 2022 1:20 AM

R106 it’s ok to like it. Many people do lol.

And I don’t feel something needs to be relatable to enjoy it.

by Anonymousreply 107January 28, 2022 1:32 AM

Spoilers-

Episode 4 will be 62 minutes long, not including the recap or post show interview. The episode itself will be 62 minutes long and one of the spoilers upthread will happen and prove I wasn’t lying.

by Anonymousreply 108January 28, 2022 11:52 AM

I don’t want a Nate redemption. I want Nate the villain.

by Anonymousreply 109January 28, 2022 11:54 AM

Nate being the villain makes sense with how he was portrayed in season 1. Him changing overnight makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 110January 28, 2022 12:09 PM

Sydney reminds me of someone but I don’t know who. The way she speaks… is it young Mena Suvari?

Alexa accidentally broke her toe and found out with the rest of us I guess lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111January 28, 2022 1:58 PM

Anyone else find Dominic Fike (Elliot) kinda hot in a dirty way? I just learned he’s half Filipino and half Haitian. Hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112January 28, 2022 2:00 PM

And he's fucking Hunter (Jules)!

by Anonymousreply 113January 28, 2022 2:05 PM

He’s fucking everyone apparently.

He’s been in the underground music game for a while and him being on Euphoria is getting him criticized by them for “selling out” to the mainstream.

by Anonymousreply 114January 28, 2022 2:08 PM

we need nate to get fucked by a guy tbh otherwise I'm bored with him.

by Anonymousreply 115January 28, 2022 2:13 PM

Nate will never fuck a guy. He is so set on proving he’s nothing like his father, who he hates, and proving he’s a “real” man. In his mind hyper-masculinity (which can be toxic) is what being a man is.

He looks down on his father for fucking men.

by Anonymousreply 116January 28, 2022 2:17 PM

Nate not being gay is a total let down. Thank goodness for Cal's potential cause Nate has been a bore this season.

by Anonymousreply 117January 28, 2022 2:18 PM

Nate was never gay (or meant to be gay) though. Gay viewers just want him to be so bad. Critical thinking and context completely negates some of their arguments, also. Nate has not shown attraction to a man who presents as a man once. The loophole is Jules, who presents as female but has the boy part between her legs.

by Anonymousreply 118January 28, 2022 2:22 PM

R112 He reminds me of that Black actor who was the lead in a very similar HBO high school show, Justice or Juctise or something similar.

by Anonymousreply 119January 28, 2022 2:33 PM

I can't find the guy even remotely hot due to the stupid apple facial tattoo.

by Anonymousreply 120January 28, 2022 2:46 PM

Well r120, he was in legit jail or prison where record label was smart enough to hear his Sound Cloud demos and signed him to a label via jail visit. Then he parlayed that to a role on Euphoria. Jailbait are know for tats, so this tracks. He's very much fun to see on screen for another novice actor.

by Anonymousreply 121January 28, 2022 2:51 PM

Awwww remember when Jacob and Zendaya were boning? How times change

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122January 28, 2022 3:36 PM

Spoilers-

Levinson was originally going to explore the idea that Nate may be sexually confused and have him and Jules potentially gain a flirtmance etc. but certain actors want to work with him at a minimum so that was scrapped. Supposedly Hunter didn’t like working with him on season 1 and also hates what he did to Zendaya.

As stated above, the Euphoria season 2 set was like a High School.

by Anonymousreply 123January 28, 2022 5:50 PM

r123 that's fucking stupid. Hunter is an actress not a writer. Sam is stupid to allow these actors even have so much say. The only one that should have some creative control is Zendaya.

by Anonymousreply 124January 28, 2022 5:53 PM

r123, also funny how the trans actress can be the one to kill the LGBT storyline between her and the hottest guy on set. So we stuck with prison bait, though he's been a nice addition.

by Anonymousreply 125January 28, 2022 5:54 PM

Nothing new with that, unfortunately. Glee and OG Gossip Girl had the same issues. Blake Lively and Leighton Meester refused to work together for most of season 4 because they had a falling out, so their scenes were hardly together for most of the season.

Lea and Naya had a falling out so Murphy fired Naya.

by Anonymousreply 126January 28, 2022 5:55 PM

Olivia Rodrigo and Joshua Basset anyone? I believe she refused to work with him closely also.

by Anonymousreply 127January 28, 2022 6:01 PM

I don't get this with actors. You don't like someone personally so you refuse to shoot scenes with them? I don't like some coworkers, but you suck it up. How much time must they spend together on set? I know they have trailers they hangout in most of the time. You get taken to set when it's time to shoot. You don't have to speak to each other if you don't want to. You stand on cue waiting for a shot to reset or get started, again silence is optional. So what the fuck gives with that bullshit.

If Kim Catrel and SJP can manage to get over their issues while the camera is rolling, they shot tons of scenes together in the later seasons, then these haughty as women can get over themselves.

Shit, i wish my job came with a private trailer for me to wallow in self-pity because I have to shoot a scene with someone that's not my best friend.

by Anonymousreply 128January 28, 2022 6:11 PM

R128 it’s their inflated egos.

by Anonymousreply 129January 28, 2022 6:21 PM

Awww James Corden was her first late night interview. She looked so pretty!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130January 28, 2022 6:22 PM

Actors on tv shows refusing to film together is nothing new. It’s been an issue on TV Series sets, going back decades.

by Anonymousreply 131January 28, 2022 6:29 PM

Might I add Hunter did film with Jacob, but briefly. She didn’t want to have that storyline where she would have to work with him a lot.

by Anonymousreply 132January 28, 2022 6:30 PM

Not gonna lie, I would let this young man rearrange my guys

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133January 28, 2022 7:00 PM

Well played Jacob!

Fuck an EP and dump her before she’s EP, so any attempt to fire you or sideline your character can be considered retribution.

Also, the breakup ensured he exclusively works with the best actors on the show (no Zendaya, no Hunter, no new guy, no girl who plays Faye).

by Anonymousreply 134January 28, 2022 7:03 PM

Well most of them don’t act alongside Faye as she’s with Fez in his house or store. Where Fez is she is.

Jacob didn’t dump Z. She dumped him. He cheated and she found out.

He’s lucky the showrunner loves him.

by Anonymousreply 135January 28, 2022 7:15 PM

Does Elordi live in NYC? And if so, legally? He’s always being photographed there.

by Anonymousreply 136January 28, 2022 7:38 PM

No, R136. I saw him being interviewed by Jimmy Fallon a few weeks ago and he indicated before the pandemic, he lived in L.A.. temporarily went home to Australia during the pandemic, and returned to L.A. last year.

by Anonymousreply 137January 28, 2022 8:26 PM

R137 oh ok. Thanks. I wondered because he’s ALWAYS being caught in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 138January 28, 2022 8:31 PM

He's a theatre queen.

by Anonymousreply 139January 28, 2022 8:32 PM

He went to a private school in Australia that’s known for how misogynistic the guys are etc.

by Anonymousreply 140January 28, 2022 8:35 PM

Misogynistic boys schools usually have more gay action than a gay porn shoot.

by Anonymousreply 141January 28, 2022 8:38 PM

He’s just so cute. Ugh

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142January 28, 2022 10:06 PM

What's his deal?

by Anonymousreply 143January 28, 2022 10:08 PM

SPOILER FROM THE PERSON WHO TOLD ME SOME OF THE OTHER STUFF I SHARED WITH YOU- they sent this to me a while ago but now seems appropriate to share.

“There’s rumors on the set of euphoria about how a lot of the cast hates Jacob because he cheated on Zendaya and how after this season he wants to leave the show unless they are willing to give him what he wants😭also everyone got mad at how Hunter and Zendaya got their own episode and wanted one too😭😭 Jacob also wants an Emmy and is upset he didn’t get nominated for the first season.”

by Anonymousreply 144January 28, 2022 10:14 PM

[Quote] There’s rumors on the set of euphoria about how a lot of the cast hates Jacob because he cheated on Zendaya

Why do they care?

by Anonymousreply 145January 28, 2022 10:15 PM

Ugh. Too many spoilers in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 146January 28, 2022 10:16 PM

R146 that spoiler doesn’t say anything about the actual show. It’s about BTS drama

by Anonymousreply 147January 28, 2022 10:19 PM

R147 That Korean boy band?

by Anonymousreply 148January 28, 2022 10:22 PM

Lmao behind the scenes lmao

by Anonymousreply 149January 28, 2022 10:29 PM

Pulling out your fancy industry talk to dazzle us with huh?

by Anonymousreply 150January 28, 2022 10:32 PM

Me

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151January 28, 2022 10:32 PM

R150 I just figured I would share some of the stuff I know because I know this site loves the gossip but I can stop.

by Anonymousreply 152January 28, 2022 10:33 PM

People always complain. Post what you want to post.

by Anonymousreply 153January 28, 2022 10:43 PM

Which one of you freaks into incest made this? Idk why some people wanna see them fuck

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154January 28, 2022 10:56 PM

They don't look anyting like father and son so I expect they're of little interest to incest fetishists.

by Anonymousreply 155January 28, 2022 10:57 PM

A lot of dads and sons don’t look alike.

by Anonymousreply 156January 28, 2022 10:59 PM

r156 please forgive r155, hr doesn't know how genetics work and that many sons look more like their mothers.

by Anonymousreply 157January 28, 2022 11:35 PM

R157 I was just gonna say they cast a woman who looks like she could be his mom. Nate looks like mom, not dad.

by Anonymousreply 158January 28, 2022 11:36 PM

r152, perhaps stop calling your BTS info a spoiler and just say "BTS Gossip" or something. I see spoiler, I too skip over it because I want to go into each episode fresh.

by Anonymousreply 159January 28, 2022 11:36 PM

Nate is a psycho and it’s nuts that if a woman doesn’t fill all his likes he doesn’t want them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160January 29, 2022 12:09 AM

I loved the train scene during the season 1 finale.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161January 29, 2022 12:12 AM

Nate’s theme song really is 🔥🔥🔥

Why did he get the best song on the original score?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162January 29, 2022 12:17 AM

Those two special episodes were amazing.

I'm not sure I would have wanted a "special episode" with any other character. Not even Nate.

by Anonymousreply 163January 29, 2022 12:46 AM

A special episode with Nate would end with him murdering the therapist.

He’s nuts. I don’t care how hard they are trying to redeem the character to keep Jacob happy.

by Anonymousreply 164January 29, 2022 12:48 AM

r160 Nate is just being honest. Young people tend to have ideal views of life. Young hot people can be picky. He's young and hot, his specific views are 100% like those we see in gay clubs every damn week. A-list gays especially have a certain type of guy they want and can get them as if specially ordered online. It's the average looking guys that have to compromise and those of us aging out of such narrow views of attraction. Women though are almost always compromises. Not sure about lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 165January 29, 2022 12:54 AM

Straight men give a shit about crocheted chokers, or whatever the fuck they are?

by Anonymousreply 166January 29, 2022 1:12 AM

Straight men notice what type of clothing and accessories they find hot on a girl, yes.

by Anonymousreply 167January 29, 2022 1:32 AM

Nate is evil. The way he beat this poor guys face in. Maddie was so wrong for lying claiming she was blacked out but she didn’t know crazy Nate would do this. I don’t think she ever found out he did this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168January 29, 2022 1:50 AM

Nate beating Tyler was oddly horrifying and sexy. Sexy when he said get on your knees. Horrifying how bad he beat him. Nate should have just gotten a blowjob from Tyler and called it a day.

by Anonymousreply 169January 29, 2022 2:32 AM

Nate getting his face beat in by Fez is karma

by Anonymousreply 170January 29, 2022 2:51 AM

This thread is a fucking mess.

What happened? The last Euphoria thread was decent, I just discovered there was a new one but it is a dumpster fire largely filled with people talking about spoilers.

by Anonymousreply 171January 29, 2022 2:57 AM

The spoilers are upthread. Just ignore them

by Anonymousreply 172January 29, 2022 3:05 AM

Jules backstory was terrific also. Sad though. Happy her father was always supportive unlike cunt mom

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173January 29, 2022 3:30 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174January 29, 2022 3:30 AM

I think this thread is populated by teenagers. That's what it seems like anyway.

by Anonymousreply 175January 29, 2022 7:57 AM

One thing is for certain: there is no stopping them; the teenagers will soon be here. And I, for one, welcome our new teenage overlords.

by Anonymousreply 176January 29, 2022 10:33 AM

Agree r175.

I post here to not deal with the immature vibe of reddit, but there is now looking like less separation.

by Anonymousreply 177January 29, 2022 11:13 AM

This scene is so good. The entire Carnival episode is top tier, but I loved when Cal found Jules and you see how scared he is. Probably one of the few times a man like him has felt scared. But Jules has no intention of hurting him and is awesome. I miss the first season. So much better than this one (so far).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178January 29, 2022 12:33 PM

Jules is one of the shows best characters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179January 29, 2022 12:37 PM

Nate is awful and needs to be shot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180January 29, 2022 1:03 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181January 29, 2022 1:03 PM

I think that it's funny that Barry Levinson Jr. Mary Sues Jules. She's the best, prettiest, everyone wants her and she's always right. Is it because he as the creator personally likes or wants her, or it's a woke spin meant to flip the high school cliche?

Like making the alpha jock a toxic male cliche instead of the QB hero.

by Anonymousreply 182January 29, 2022 1:06 PM

Doesn’t Nate not being the hero go against the cliche? Nate not being a hero makes way more sense than anything based on his exposure to shit and his parents, a controlling successful father who is a closet case (and he’s watched his dad fuck guys and trannys since he was 7) and a mother with no voice, who he didn’t like because she had no backbone and was a pushover.

Why would he be the hero?

Jules is given her own issues but she’s mostly grounded. Nothing wrong with that. She’s also a transplant to that town, where the rest of the teens have been their whole lives. That may also be why she is a bit different from them. She grew up in the city.

by Anonymousreply 183January 29, 2022 1:16 PM

What kind of guys does the dad fuck?

by Anonymousreply 184January 29, 2022 1:20 PM

Nate almost beat a guy to death because he fucked Maddie, and then blackmailed him and made him go down for the crime he committed when he slammed Maddie against the wall by her neck and choked her (and got Maddie to go along with it), blackmailed Jules into lying and helping get Tyler locked up instead of him, got upset that Jules rejected him after he catfished her (and after trying to embarrass her at the party) so let’s her know he’s saved every nude she’s sent and will put her on the sex offenders list, holds knowing his father fucked Jules over his head in season 2, he gets Fezco’s house raided because Fez tells him to stop bullying Rue and Jules, he grabs Maddie by her face when she asks him if he’s maybe bi or gay etc.

He’s a monster and some of you will still defend him because of his appearance.

Nate being the way he is makes more sense than a poor or middle class white person. He has access to everything and everyone and knows it.

by Anonymousreply 185January 29, 2022 1:22 PM

R184 Cal fucks very feminine gay guys and trannys.

by Anonymousreply 186January 29, 2022 1:40 PM

[Quote]He’s a monster and some of you will still defend him because of his appearance.

Mary r185. Nate is a fictional character, and he makes the show more entertaining by being a part of it. God knows this would be a boring program without him.

by Anonymousreply 187January 29, 2022 2:26 PM

Disagree about it being boring without him. Well not the first season. They can always add a new hot white dude to take Nate’s place.

Anyways, teen Vogue wants to know which fictional characters from other shows would be able to keep Nate in check. I say Regina George wouldn’t deal with his shit. But idk if she would be able to keep him in line either.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188January 29, 2022 2:28 PM

R185 - not defending him, just saying he makes more sense as the villain. He’s more compelling that way. No one’s saying it makes him more likeable.

by Anonymousreply 189January 29, 2022 2:42 PM

r182 your sentence makes little sense but the last point is wrong. The jock are traditionally known as toxic assholes, but heros. They just aren't portrayed as intelligently and calculating as Nate, but jocks are traditionally bullies.

by Anonymousreply 190January 29, 2022 3:11 PM

r185 take that Reddit woke bullshit somewhere else. DL is one of the few places that understands nuance and the fact that this is all make believe. It's a fucking show, why wouldn't people be free to root for the drama starter known as Nate Jacobs. Every important plot point from S1 into S2 is linked to Nate Jacobs freaking out over Jules' presence. He is the true center of the Euphoria universe. He's also the only hot guy young guy on the show. For some reason Sam wont give us other young male eye candy beyond a 10 min flash back.

Yes, I root for Nate Jacobs (a fake person) because he brings the drama. I hope you're sitting down because I also rooted for Cersei Lannister during the GoT days. You need someone willing to blow up people's lives and sometimes their own to make these shows interesting. Without Nate, Euphoria would just be a Mature Audience version of Degrassi mixed with Girls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191January 29, 2022 3:19 PM

r188 Nate and Regina would join forces. Those two would live for the give and take of their latent anger and cruelty. Nate being with Maddie and Cassie is a major part of his problem. He actually needs a smart bitch cause fucking airheads gets boring. He may think he likes to dominate. He needs a woman that wants the same for the give and take thrill. I've seen on twitter a lot of people mentioning strong high school females that could take on Nate. They don't understand that those bitches would join forces with him.

Sort of like Catherine and Sebastian in Cruel Intentions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192January 29, 2022 3:22 PM

R191 what show are you watching? There is a lottttttt more to the show than Nate and Jules. You must watch YouTube clips and think that’s watching the show.

You’re gay. Enough with dropping the word woke for everything. You have rights because of the woke.

by Anonymousreply 193January 29, 2022 3:24 PM

Ummmm Maddie is strong willed and she got physically assaulted by him.

by Anonymousreply 194January 29, 2022 3:25 PM

r193 name a relevant plot point from S1 or S2 that's not related to Nate. Rue could be written out and S1 would still work. I would want that because she. brings up a lot of other issues but almost everything interesting from S1 can be drawn back to Nate. He is the one moving the plot forward. Rue/Zendaya plays the part of Carrie Bradshaw, narrating it all, but unlike Carrie isn't the center of the universe.

So, name some plot points unaffected by Nate. I'll give you one, Kat's self-esteem drama but that's not a relevant plot point, just fun to watch.

by Anonymousreply 195January 29, 2022 3:31 PM

r194 strong willed but also an idiot. She is in no way intellectually interesting. Her dream is to be a woman who lunches, from suburbia. She's like Nate's mom, a go getter in her youth to snag a man, but a mean pushover beyond that goal. Nate is actually smart, he's probably frustrated because everyone he hangs out with are rather mentally dull, especially his women.

by Anonymousreply 196January 29, 2022 3:33 PM

I’m glad Nate is a piece of shit. Most teenage guys are—ESPECIALLY the hot jocks. I went to high school and I work in a high school, and things are just the same. The teen boys who are wonderful tend to get shamed and teased—if not outright bullied. It is a toxic time.

by Anonymousreply 197January 29, 2022 3:41 PM

Lord. The level of deluded you are r195 r196 r197

All the same person. I don’t think you should be watching this show.

by Anonymousreply 198January 29, 2022 3:45 PM

I don’t know any “teen boys” stalking a guy and almost beating him to death. That’s not just being a Dick. That’s full on psychotic.

Thanks for proving my point upthread, though. You proved it without even realizing you did

by Anonymousreply 199January 29, 2022 3:46 PM

Answer my question r198. Got time to call me out but no time to defend your argument.

by Anonymousreply 200January 29, 2022 3:46 PM

R200 there is no argument. You literally proved my point. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 201January 29, 2022 3:47 PM

R199 - you think people are watching this show to see teen jocks being nice to each other and hoping they get asked to the Sadie Hawkins dance?

by Anonymousreply 202January 29, 2022 3:50 PM

R202 who said that though?

by Anonymousreply 203January 29, 2022 3:52 PM

R199 teens do stalk and beat up people.

by Anonymousreply 204January 29, 2022 3:52 PM

I don’t know, R203, who did?

by Anonymousreply 205January 29, 2022 3:54 PM

Yeah. I think it’s time you sign off of here for a little while J. You’re unhinged and it shows greatly through your comments on this thread.

PS look up the definition of an OPINION and the definition of a FACT. You liking something doesn’t mean it’s in fact better. That is your opinion. The fact this has to be told to you all the time is alarming. You’re an adult. Not a child.

Teens who stalk and beat up people to the point of death are not “just assholes” as you say. They’re psychotic.

by Anonymousreply 206January 29, 2022 3:58 PM

Will The Gilded Age and Euphoria do a cross over event at some point?

by Anonymousreply 207January 29, 2022 4:03 PM

Christine Baranski is going to play a transgender porn star on Euphoria, and Zendaya will play a woman looking for the man who raped her mother (resulting in her being conceived) on The Guilded Age.

by Anonymousreply 208January 29, 2022 4:14 PM

Wait, Jacob was with Joey King also? My goodness, everyone has had him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209January 29, 2022 4:20 PM

Elordi fucks the girls on set in every project he does r209. He has definitely been warmly welcomed to Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 210January 29, 2022 4:28 PM

r209 poor Joey, she thought she'd be able to keep a social climber like Jacob all to herself. She's still bitter about the breakup.

by Anonymousreply 211January 29, 2022 4:34 PM

And having to film two movies with him afterward.

by Anonymousreply 212January 29, 2022 5:08 PM

Elle Australia is weighing in on the Barbie/Levinson conflict, which I don’t understand, I looked and she’s not Australian. The only thing that would make sense is if Jacob was involved somehow, but their characters don’t really have much to do with each other. What possible reason could they be covering this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213January 29, 2022 5:33 PM

R213 this is why large breaks are danger for shows. Euphoria took its sweet ass time to shoot 8 little episodes. Egos grow and the cast start looking for other options. These were mainly a bunch of nobody’s that suddenly want to have clout on a hit HBO show . Not including Zendaya, cause she came on as a legit star.

by Anonymousreply 214January 29, 2022 6:36 PM

R213 are you joking? Maybe because the show is a huge hit there too?

I guess not everyone has common sense.

by Anonymousreply 215January 29, 2022 7:07 PM

Euphoria season 2 didn’t take its time… Covid happened and stopped it from being filmed when it was supposed to. They then postponed production because a lot of the actors were doing other projects and needed to wait for when it could all come together.

by Anonymousreply 216January 29, 2022 7:09 PM

R211 Howard Stern asked her if she would ever date an actor she’s working with again after her breakup with Jacob and she said no never, she wouldn’t be able to. I wonder if she has some PTSD or something.

And yes, he is a clout chaser and that nice guy act he puts on in interviews is phony. It’s rumored he is kind of an asshole and selfish. Is he an only child?

by Anonymousreply 217January 29, 2022 7:11 PM

Elordi is the youngest of 4 children. He has 3 older sisters, so in other words he was probably spoiled rotten being both the youngest and only boy. Older sisters tend to spoil their baby bros too.

He went to an all boys Catholic school and then all boys Catholic HS that is known for “old values” and traditions and known to be very misogynistic and homophobic.

Jacob knew he wanted to be an actor from young and learned how to speak with an American accent from young so when he relocated to LA he would be prepared. He is someone who is a player and bro in real life but puts up the whole charming handsome gentleman thing, naturally.

He hated those Kissing Booth movies and was relieved after he was done with the third. Once his credits grow more he doesn’t even want those on his “resume”. He only would do the third if they cut down his shirtless scenes (same reason we have yet to see his ass on season 2 of Euphoria, he doesn’t wanna do nudity unless it’s 100% necessary.) and refused to do anything shirtless unless he was in a pool etc. no more walking around shirtless.

by Anonymousreply 218January 29, 2022 7:26 PM

Wasn’t it rumored that he played Joey King and used her? She seems bitter still.

by Anonymousreply 219January 29, 2022 7:27 PM

Joey King should be bitter from being in the Ramona movie and having to act with Selena Gomez.

by Anonymousreply 220January 29, 2022 7:39 PM

She was a kid. I’m sure she thinks of it as a good time. And that’s not personal.

by Anonymousreply 221January 29, 2022 7:41 PM

Production of the second season was shut down three days before the start of filming due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Creator Sam Levinson wrote 2 new special episodes set between the the storylines of the two seasons that could be filmed under safety guidelines during the pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 222January 29, 2022 9:53 PM

The two creators of the Israeli show work on this one also, so you know. They were hired by HBO to help with this one too.

by Anonymousreply 223January 29, 2022 10:01 PM

I just watched the special episodes, and omg the Jules one is perfect

by Anonymousreply 224January 29, 2022 10:43 PM

This scene is just so good. I loathe Nate and Cassie as a couple (feels forced on his part) but this scene was well done. Cassie knew EXACTLY what she was doing, taking off her panties while staring at him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225January 29, 2022 11:23 PM

Up until Fez giving Nate that ass beating he deserves this sequence was ART. I fucking loved the flashbulb sequence, where we are seeing a portrait of them in that moment. And then the Rue/Jules kiss, ART!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226January 30, 2022 1:31 AM

Lips Like Sugar has been in my head nonstop since last Sunday. I only watched the episode once! Maybe some different song will stick with me after I watch tomorrow’s episode.

by Anonymousreply 227January 30, 2022 2:41 AM

It’s Euphoria night bitches! Ahhhh!!!!

by Anonymousreply 228January 30, 2022 1:49 PM

HBO has really been owning Sunday night water cooler shows sine the pandemic abs release of HBO Max. I feel like their premier shows get those sweet Sunday spots.

by Anonymousreply 229January 30, 2022 3:23 PM

Euphoria is their highest rated show since GOT

by Anonymousreply 230January 30, 2022 3:29 PM

HBO invented Sunday nights as the place for watercooler shows when they decided to air Sopranos on Sunday night which at the time was a night without a lot of TV competiton r229.

Since that point on the buzzy Sunday night drama has always been their brand.

by Anonymousreply 231January 30, 2022 3:49 PM

Sunday nights were always Network TVs highest rated nights until NBC made Thursday’s the most competitive nights.

HBO didn’t start the Sunday night thing. Most people are home on Sunday nights out of all nights of the week.

by Anonymousreply 232January 30, 2022 3:55 PM

Why do people here love bringing up the Israeli show? This one is so different from that one. The only thing that’s the same is it focuses on a group of teenagers with issues and we find out the main character was killed outside a club the year prior in the end.

It also aired in 2012 but takes place in the 90s.

by Anonymousreply 233January 30, 2022 5:54 PM

Ok I decided to rewatch season 1 (again) Friday night and yesterday, and Nate was a complete asshole to Cassie who trashed her behind her back and didn’t wanna see his best friend McKay with her because she’s someone you pound out then toss, not a keeper.

But now he’s all about her?

by Anonymousreply 234January 30, 2022 6:02 PM

They mention why his tune changed in S2E2 r234. He also treats her like a dirty secrete or human mattress. He's not all in to her or he'd acknowledge her in public.

by Anonymousreply 235January 30, 2022 8:31 PM

R235 he can’t acknowledge her in public because he can’t let Maddie find out until after he has the Jules tape back.

by Anonymousreply 236January 30, 2022 8:49 PM

I feel like things got mixed up r236. He claims to care about that tape but has been ignoring Maddy for weeks. Then he send his father off on a wild goose chase against Fez for like no damn reason. The writing for Nate has been messy and it’s only episode 3 going on 4!

by Anonymousreply 237January 30, 2022 10:26 PM

Nate didn’t send his father after Fez, Nate wouldn’t even tell his father who did it. Cal found out who beat his son to almost death when he interrogated Cassie and Lexi, and Cassie caved, leading Lexi to be upset with her.

At the end of episode 2 Cal asks him about why Fez beat him up leading Nate to flip the chat on him by bringing up that he knows he fucked Jules and knows about the tape, leading Cal to remain quiet afterwards.

Elordi had a list of demands for this season that were all met by Levinson, who seems to adore Elordi.

by Anonymousreply 238January 30, 2022 10:37 PM

As hot as Jacob Elordi is, he really does highlight what can happen when hot people aren’t humbled. I can’t even wrap my head around the fact some relatively obscure actor had a list of demands, and the show runner actually entertained them.

by Anonymousreply 239January 30, 2022 10:41 PM

Because he isn’t obscure to Levinson r239. He was on the first season. The whole cast is becoming famous off this show. It’s a huge hit all over the world. He is no longer “obscure” and clearly Levinson likes him enough to give him what he wants.

If he showed up with demands on season 1 what you said makes sense, but he didn’t. He did all the nudity and sex scenes required. He was evil on season 1. Season 2 of a smash hit show means the cast can now negotiate etc. especially if they’re the big shots from the show, which he is one of them.

Elordi hasn’t shown ass once yet in 3 episodes. Guess why… his sex scenes are all Sydney being naked while his lower half is always covered.

Elordi did the same thing on The Kissing Booth 3, by the way. He only would do the movie if his shirtless scenes were cut down, and they gave it to him.

Supposedly some of the cast don’t care for him.

by Anonymousreply 240January 30, 2022 11:13 PM

R237 the Nate and Cal scene

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241January 30, 2022 11:17 PM

Isn't this a show for teenagers?

by Anonymousreply 242January 30, 2022 11:21 PM

No r242. And I’m sure you knew that.

by Anonymousreply 243January 30, 2022 11:27 PM

R240 based on what you said even I don’t like him right now. His interviews come off as very pretentious. Chris Hemsworth showed off his body in Thor. Those movies were worth a lot more than this show and he has a ton of clout. Jacob wants to pretend he’s Leo with demands? Fuck out of here.

R243 what’s with all the clips. We have access to YouTube and most of us on here watch the show. Can you stop with the random clips?

by Anonymousreply 244January 30, 2022 11:31 PM

R244 I replied with the clip because that person was wrong about what he was saying so I provided proof I wasn’t just saying he was wrong. Clearly some of you are watching and not understanding what you’re watching or what’s happening.

by Anonymousreply 245January 30, 2022 11:34 PM

Thor are Marvel films. Hemsworth has no career outside of them.

by Anonymousreply 246January 30, 2022 11:37 PM

26 Fictional Characters Who Would Absolutely Annihilate Nate Jacobs If They Were On "Euphoria"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247January 31, 2022 12:04 AM

If I looked like Elordi I'd get naked as much as was requested and flaunt it. I'd think of the fans who would keep me employed.

by Anonymousreply 248January 31, 2022 12:17 AM

Omg ITS HERE! Ahhhhh

by Anonymousreply 249January 31, 2022 1:07 AM

I hope Jacob's dick barely contained by a pair of jockey shorts isn't the closest we'll get to seeing him naked.

by Anonymousreply 250January 31, 2022 1:15 AM

Minus the drunk driving part, the Cal scenes were heartbreaking.

by Anonymousreply 251January 31, 2022 1:38 AM

The episode isn’t even done

by Anonymousreply 252January 31, 2022 1:41 AM

[quote]No [R242]. And I’m sure you knew that.

Ahhh no or i wouldn't have asked.

by Anonymousreply 253January 31, 2022 1:52 AM

Yay, Cal dick!

by Anonymousreply 254January 31, 2022 1:54 AM

WTF happened to Eric Dane’s face

by Anonymousreply 255January 31, 2022 1:59 AM

Eric Dane is handsome...nothing is wrong with his face.

He's the MVP of the episode.

by Anonymousreply 256January 31, 2022 2:01 AM

Cal is so sick of all of them!

by Anonymousreply 257January 31, 2022 2:13 AM

Well, that was a ride. I feel like I am constantly amazed, then spend the week picking the show apart. I"m going to remain positive from here on out. I'm glad Cal gets to live his true life. I love that he called everyone out.

I hope the flowers around Cassie aren't pointing too suicide. Not my Cassie. I'm ready for next Sunday.

by Anonymousreply 258January 31, 2022 2:15 AM

Eric Dane is a handsome man and looks better than in Season 1 when he was too heavy. Cal was the most interesting character in this episode but if he's gone, I'll miss him.

by Anonymousreply 259January 31, 2022 2:18 AM

“Not my Cassie”

I’m so sick of Cassie apologists. She’s fucked in the head and needs male validation or she falls apart. And everything crazy Nate said to her tonight was true. She puts on a sweet act but an actual sweet girl wouldn’t be fucking her best friends man.

The person that spoiled upthread wasn’t lying about Cal coming out and abandoning his family.

Eric Dane is handsome and has always been handsome. He put on a lot of weight for a while there but he’s looking fine.

by Anonymousreply 260January 31, 2022 2:29 AM

Cassie like every character on this show is a complex person who with good and bad characteristics. That's what makes in a compelling show, characters that only do the right thing is a boring show no one wants to watch.

Really enjoyed this. Everything with Eric Dane was magic, and I even find myself finding Elliot a compelling character and he makes the Rue/Jules stuff more interesting.

by Anonymousreply 261January 31, 2022 2:35 AM

Yes, but sometimes the bad outweighs the good or is just too annoying and irredeemable to look past r261. Cassie’s issues are deep-rooted psychological issues that will never go away, not small shit. If she were a real person she would need help, seriously. Everyone acts like all issues are equal. They aren’t.

by Anonymousreply 262January 31, 2022 2:39 AM

That was definitely a fake dick r254, not Eric Dane's.

by Anonymousreply 263January 31, 2022 2:43 AM

Eric Dane uses a prosthetic. Most of the dicks shown are fake I’m season 1, if not all, and season 2 is a mix.

by Anonymousreply 264January 31, 2022 2:47 AM

You all doubted me, but tonight proved I was not lying.

SPOILERS!!!! DO NOT READ IF YOU DO NOT WANNA KNOW.

Next week (episode 5) is a 100% Rue focused episode, as her mother finds out she is back on drugs and tries for force her back into rehab.

by Anonymousreply 265January 31, 2022 2:50 AM

I interpreted the Cassie scenes as her being pregnant… similar to the Beyoncé social media posts.

If anyone commits suicide, I think it will be Kat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266January 31, 2022 2:56 AM

It always feels like Rue and Jules are on a separate show.

by Anonymousreply 267January 31, 2022 2:59 AM

Also in terms of where Euphoria is set. This episode confirmed Cal still lives in the same place, so I think we say Euphoria is not set in California even though most people including myself assumed it was.

by Anonymousreply 268January 31, 2022 3:00 AM

BEHIND THE SCENES!!!!

As you see the show is softening up Nate and making him more likable. Jacob Elordi was already contracted to do another season but said he would refuse to do a third if his character doesn’t get a redemption arc this season, and Levinson loves his “breakout” star so much he will give him what he wants. This is why Nate is so much softer, and we have scenes like the girls being bitches to him or his father now constantly acknowledging he is why Nate is the way he is. Nate is no longer overly aggressive and no longer violent. He’s suddenly much more tamed. This is all due to Elordi. Nate will still have moments but it will be small moments with reasoning vs his being a full villain.

Wondering why we got many Elordi ass shots in season 1 but not a single one so far in season 2 after four episodes? Elordi doesn’t wanna do nudity. He won’t even do shirtless shots unless it makes sense for him to have no shirt. But the nudity for him is slim to none in season 2 (and moving forward).

Tonight was one of the episodes Sydney refused to do nudity in. Levinson originally had Cassie taking the top of her bathing suit off while in the hot tub to get Nate’s attention and a reaction but Sydney felt it was excessive. Levinson obliged.

by Anonymousreply 269January 31, 2022 3:00 AM

I read Euphoria is set in a fictional suburb in California.

It’s very obviously filmed in California.

Like I said on the other thread, Derek going to college “out west” can mean western California. Some people do speak like this.

by Anonymousreply 270January 31, 2022 3:02 AM

This entire season seems like Emmy bait for Sydney.

by Anonymousreply 271January 31, 2022 3:08 AM

Hunter wants to limit how much she works with Elordi, which got the Jules/Nate storyline scrapped for season 2 (mostly) and why we have not seen Zendaya or Hunter interact with the Nate character (or be in the same area as him) since episode 1, and even then they never interacted with him.

by Anonymousreply 272January 31, 2022 3:08 AM

Importantly, this episode gave us Jacob Elordi in tight underwear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273January 31, 2022 3:09 AM

R271 I don’t think so. She was great on season 1 also. She’s given good material because she’s one of the shows biggest breakouts. She’s getting a ton of media attention.

by Anonymousreply 274January 31, 2022 3:10 AM

R273 if this were season 1 he would have no shirt on. Now he is always in tees minus moments where it “makes sense” for him to be shirtless.

by Anonymousreply 275January 31, 2022 3:11 AM

BEHIND THE SCENES!!!

The reason we got so many shots of Cassie just dancing by herself or staring is because originally Kat had more lines and scenes because she’s depressed too but Sam Levinson cut them.

by Anonymousreply 276January 31, 2022 3:39 AM

These actors are too much. The only one that hasn't' caused problems is Eric Dane, and he's basically been written out of the show.

by Anonymousreply 277January 31, 2022 3:49 AM

I take it as a sign of progress the fact Cal didn’t beat anyone up at the bar, and he was simply thrown out. Only 5 years ago there would’ve probably been a gratuitous gay bashing.

by Anonymousreply 278January 31, 2022 5:48 AM

At least they're showing normal size dicks

by Anonymousreply 279January 31, 2022 3:04 PM

R277 well he’s also much older and experienced than the rest. He’s the only character who is a parent who is main cast vs recurring cast like the rest of the parents.

by Anonymousreply 280January 31, 2022 3:16 PM

I never would have thought that Cal from S1 would grow into this concussion manic guy, peeing all over the place, and spilling all the tea on his family. But I was living for his little moment. Even took the family photo!

by Anonymousreply 281January 31, 2022 3:18 PM

Ironically, the person who's actually battled a serious addiction to drugs is the most professional cast member.

Also, I don't think it's safe to assume Cal has been effectively written of the show. What he said to Nate was brutal...and if that character is being set up for a redemption arc, he'll have to work through his issues with his dad.

I think Cassie is pregnant and Nate is either going to follow his dad's path...or reenact the boat scene from A Place in the Sun.

by Anonymousreply 282January 31, 2022 3:21 PM

Cal in season 1 was all about control. He’s a man who needs to be in full control of all things at all times, including people and the narrative.

Season 2 he started out that way but he clearly gave in after finding out Nate likes Jules through Fez. After he found that out his entire face changed and he just wanted to leave without getting vengeance on Fez for almost beating his son to death.

I think he realized in that moment he doesn’t know his son at all and that made him question everything, including himself and his past and the way he’s living a double life.

by Anonymousreply 283January 31, 2022 3:24 PM

Older actors who have been around the block through highs and lows are more likely to be professional than young actors experiencing the ego rush of becoming famous.

by Anonymousreply 284January 31, 2022 3:25 PM

A Hispanic girl on TikTok had a video about how her ex BF pretty much left her for her white bestie and his parents never liked her for no reason while they liked the white girl, so that she feels a connection to Maddy and her storyline rings true to her.

That made me revisit season 1 and Nate in general was more aggressive with Maddy. I mean, when he was good to her he was very good, and he loved to pamper and spoil her, but he was also awful to her many times too and far more aggressive than he is with Cassie, and far less manipulative and mean too. His family seems to accept Cassie, even when he’s fucking her loud, but they hated Maddy.

During the season 1 finale he brings some random blonde girl to prom and his mom just meets her and makes sure to let him know she likes her…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285January 31, 2022 3:37 PM

Whose dongs were in last night's episode?

by Anonymousreply 286January 31, 2022 3:38 PM

Eric Dane’s prosthetic was in the episode r286

by Anonymousreply 287January 31, 2022 3:40 PM

Maddy is actually one of my fav characters and Alexa’s line delivery is always great. She is hysterical to me. I was happy when she dumped Nate and he didn’t get to dump her (not that he would have).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288January 31, 2022 3:43 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289January 31, 2022 3:55 PM

Maddy's reaction in E3 when Cassie walks up dressed and styled just like her was classic.

by Anonymousreply 290January 31, 2022 4:06 PM

R290 someone edited a cheesy laugh track over that scene so we can see how the show would be if it was a comedy teen series like Saved By The Bell etc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291January 31, 2022 4:10 PM

Another

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292January 31, 2022 4:13 PM

Anyone else notice Rue wasn’t narrating episode 4? After she’s dropped off everything with her is her having dreams in a church etc.

Do we think she OD’d again?

by Anonymousreply 293January 31, 2022 6:10 PM

I’m actually surprised about how little I care about what happens to Rue and Jules.

by Anonymousreply 294January 31, 2022 7:20 PM

It’s because they’re both self destructive. Mostly Rue

by Anonymousreply 295January 31, 2022 7:22 PM

PEOPLE WANNA KNOW WHY CAL DIDNT SPILL ABOUT THE THIRD CHILD. WHO IS HE?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296January 31, 2022 7:24 PM

How do you feel about Cal telling Nate he’s his biggest regret?

by Anonymousreply 297January 31, 2022 7:29 PM

I really don't care about Rue and Jules, mainly because it is a completely unrealistic romantic relationship in the real world. I can see them being best friends, or even soulmates. But Jules eating Rue's muff in this latest episode was a stretch.

by Anonymousreply 298January 31, 2022 7:41 PM

Ummm how is it unrealistic? Many trans women are into women.

by Anonymousreply 299January 31, 2022 7:42 PM

R297, Cal's takedown of Nate was brutal.

by Anonymousreply 300January 31, 2022 7:44 PM

Anyone else loving Lexi? She’s the silent observer and I loved seeing that her play is about her sister’s histrionics! She seems to have no respect for Cassie anymore.

by Anonymousreply 301January 31, 2022 7:51 PM

It was a incredibly harsh comment for a Father to say to their son r297, but that's what makes it good television. At least they also had Cal accept responsibility so it avoids him being a hypocrite about it.

by Anonymousreply 302January 31, 2022 7:54 PM

Speaking of Lexi

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303January 31, 2022 7:54 PM

A lot of interesting explanations in this thread.

I still watch it and enjoy it, and I found Episode 1 of Season 2 very unexpected and enjoyable, but season 2 feels very off to me. I agree it will not continue beyond Season 3. They have other opportunities to pursue…plus most of the cast is 25ish.

Nate is not scary this season, nor is Cal, which is too bad. For me, that level of sociopathy was the unexpected engine of season one. It reminds me of when daytime and nighttime soaps—even Melrose and 90210–made bad characters good. So, Nate is soon to be the neutered Fallon Carrington.

Characters (Nate and Cal) are changing too quickly: it’s not “character development,” but something else, ringing untrue. All a little too neat.

Cal and Derek missed the mark. It was nice that the flashback was not cliche, but it could have been hotter. Meanwhile, it’s hard to believe that the firecracker girl who got pregnant by Cal grew up into the dull, bovine Paula Marshall. As others have stated, the era of the flashback is all wrong for the age of his two sons. And please: I don’t know about now, but 17 year old girls from upper middle class towns (in the ‘80s, 90s, whatever it was) had abortions.

Eric Dane is not a strong enough actor for his “big scene.” Plus, the writing wasn’t very good. Just a conveniently written scene for whatever is being planned. And the reveal from Cal about the other, hotter son’s porn? Big deal. I thought it was going to be amputee porn or something equally icky.

Why does Nate’s face look completely healed after it went through a meat grinder of a beating? Why is Cal not brain damaged after being pistol whipped with a shotgun?

And if I see one more scene where there’s a false alarm…I thought Nate was going to murder Cassie (before I realized he’s nice now), I thought Cal was going to shoot Fez, I thought Cal was going to drunk drive/hit Rue and Jules and the other kid, I thought Cassie was going to fly through the windshield of Nate’s car when he was speeding, I thought Cassie was going to kill herself. I’m glad none of those things happened because they are all lame and cliche, but the audience is being manipulated…and it is annoying.

But I will continue to watch…and I am curious if Rue will be sold into slavery for doing 10K of drugs with no way to pay for it. That was a great line and that female drug dealer is a very memorable character!

by Anonymousreply 304January 31, 2022 8:17 PM

R304 thank you for sharing your OPINIONS

by Anonymousreply 305January 31, 2022 8:27 PM

Wasn’t Cal drunk when he did all that? What if he wakes up the next morning regretting it all and comes back home pretending Nothing happened? Lol

by Anonymousreply 306January 31, 2022 8:41 PM

Cassie had them all blowing chunks!

by Anonymousreply 307January 31, 2022 8:58 PM

I was totally prepared to dismiss Maude Apatow as yet another undeserving benificiary of nepotism (as a matter of fact, I think I did during Season 1). However, she has grown on me and Lexi is one of my favorite characters. She's also less annoying than her mom, whose voice is like nails on a chalkboard.

by Anonymousreply 308January 31, 2022 10:21 PM

I actually love their hot mess mom. She would be fun to drink with. And I died laughing when she tried pulling Cassie out of the hot tub lmao.

She looked familiar to me and then I saw she’s the actress who played Marcia Brady’s dyke friend in The Brady Bunch Movie and was in Sister Act 2. Two movies I loved as a kid. Nice to see she’s still acting.

by Anonymousreply 309January 31, 2022 10:32 PM

Mom (Alanna Ubach) works a lot:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310January 31, 2022 10:43 PM

I thought Eric Dane was great. I found the hot tub scene really funny.

by Anonymousreply 311February 1, 2022 12:15 PM

Alanna Ubach is a first-rate character actress. From my childhood I remember her from Beekman’s World and Legally Blonde (“Honey, you got an ‘A’ because you gave Professor Montoya a lap dance at the final.”)

by Anonymousreply 312February 1, 2022 12:40 PM

Yes r312, Legally Blonde also. I loved her! But I know her for Sister Act 2 and The Brady Bunch Movie more than anything. She’s pretty funny

by Anonymousreply 313February 1, 2022 12:48 PM

One point of clarification!!!! In case it sounded like Lexi and Cassie’s mom is annoying, I was actually referring to Maude Apatow’s real life mom! I find Leslie Mann very obnoxious and her voice makes me cringe.

by Anonymousreply 314February 1, 2022 12:55 PM

Is Jules supposed to be pre- or post-op?

by Anonymousreply 315February 1, 2022 1:02 PM

Pre-, R315. She takes hormones and/or blockers which has given her breasts, but in E1 she’s standing up when she pisses in the middle of the road…and it’s made kind of obvious she has to pull her dick out.

by Anonymousreply 316February 1, 2022 1:09 PM

She is pre

by Anonymousreply 317February 1, 2022 1:46 PM

Yeah the show had made it clear Jules still has a dick. Though I think Hunter has had bottom surgery.

by Anonymousreply 318February 1, 2022 1:49 PM

This girl caught him walking down the street with Kaia last summer. He flipped her off lmaoo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319February 1, 2022 3:30 PM

R318 What makes you say that? Just curious

by Anonymousreply 320February 1, 2022 4:23 PM

According to the special "Jules" episode released this past summer, which features an 'In Treatment' style conversation between Jules and her therapist, Jules is pre-op.

by Anonymousreply 321February 1, 2022 4:36 PM

The show made it obvious she’s pre-op.

by Anonymousreply 322February 1, 2022 5:36 PM

Sydney Sweeney obviously has no problem taking it all off because she is up on Amazon Prime with a Prime original erotic thriller, and those big titties are loose and flopping around in that movie too.

She does have great tits though. Perfect really.

by Anonymousreply 323February 1, 2022 7:48 PM

I fast forward Zendaya's drug scenes they are boring.

by Anonymousreply 324February 1, 2022 9:19 PM

Zendaya was an absolute delight throughout season one. The shows first season was just so good, especially the young actors performances. Zendaya killed it every episode. All the actors were great, but especially the shows lead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325February 1, 2022 9:25 PM

I loved how Rue’s relapse was shown as a big musical number, pretty much showing us what she felt after snorting that line.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326February 1, 2022 9:28 PM

The ratings are through the roof

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327February 1, 2022 11:55 PM

Cal is my favorite part of the show. When I was a fucked up, druggie teen (yup, I wasn't far off from the characters on the show) I would have done anything to get fucked by a guy like Cal. And lord knows it happened with Cal like types more than a few times.

Hope he's not really gone.

by Anonymousreply 328February 2, 2022 4:40 AM

I thought Derek looked like a young Brad Pitt

by Anonymousreply 329February 2, 2022 11:12 AM

anyone else having problems with the scroll

by Anonymousreply 330February 2, 2022 12:51 PM

R330 yesterday it was giving me issues

by Anonymousreply 331February 2, 2022 3:02 PM

I ended up installing a chrome extension called Infinite Scroll Blocker and it seems to work so far - the entire page loads at the beginning but you don't have to keep hitting refresh (I think it blocks javascript because the reply button doesn't work - you have to disable the extension then re-enable when you need it.)

One day the url for DL won't resolve and never come back and no one will ever know why...

by Anonymousreply 332February 2, 2022 5:40 PM

I was fine with the pretentious attempts at magical realism or absurdist breaks with conventional perspectives but this episode went off the rails at at the very end. Just stick to the usual almost but not porn level where hot people engage in various levels of fuckery - preferably men on men exposing lots of cock and don't aspire to some film school BS that is frankly above your station.

by Anonymousreply 333February 2, 2022 5:50 PM

I am surprised no one has mentioned how the cute new guy is turning out to be just as manipulative and fucked up as all the other men on the show. He picked up on the lack of sexual tension between the two girls and then began teasing horny Jules hard (not that it took that much) - almost like one of those stupid online "game" courses that try to teach schlubs how to neg their way into any womans pants. I guess it worked because one of the last surrealist scenes at the end seemed to him getting into bed with her and closing the door. Also, I hope there is a twist to this sub-plot and it doesn't just become one of those straight porn tropes where not even lesbians secretly want to be dicked down by a real penis.

I wonder if all that build up in a prior episode about how many dicks he sucked and fucked was just another level of the game he was playing to play mind games with the girls who were supposedly so deep in love...

For the people asking if she was post-op - isn't Jules only 16 in the show? I didnt think they could get surgery until 18 but who knows these days.

by Anonymousreply 334February 2, 2022 6:19 PM

The show made it very very clear she is pre-op in season 1 and her special. She takes hormones and had a blocker chip installer in her arm at a young age to prevent her body from hitting puberty, which (along with the hormones) keeps her voice naturally higher, she developed natural small breasts kept her balls from ever dropping.

That was written into the script because Hunter actually had that done.

by Anonymousreply 335February 2, 2022 6:51 PM

Jules was never a lesbian though. She’s been with mostly men but likes women too. Just because her and Rue are a thing doesn’t mean she is a full on lesbian.

Rue has also only been with guys before Jules.

Elliott is manipulative and he’s up to something. Dominic must feel so lucky to have been cast in a main role for this season, which is ridiculously popular right now.

by Anonymousreply 336February 2, 2022 6:54 PM

He is part of that gaybaiting Brockhampton crowd...He is cute but he is too small to pull off the cholo face tat vibe. He should have stuck with the latin twink angle (if he into guys and probably for girls too). But he is too pretty and doesn't have the physical frame (and looks a bit ridiculous) for some Alpha type. The only interview I have seen with him since the show debuted was when a reporter asked how he as a new and untrained actor approached his character and he said it was easy because he is just like the character! Haven't seen him asked about boys - are his lyrics all about chasing boys like Tylers is?

by Anonymousreply 337February 2, 2022 7:40 PM

Jacob sure loves to flip off his fans

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338February 2, 2022 8:01 PM

Love when Jacob force yawns and says “she’s recording” and Zendaya looks annoyed 😂

Ugh wish he didn’t cheat! They would still be together!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339February 2, 2022 8:09 PM

Right r334. Jules is 17 not 16, but yes she is a minor who wouldn't be able to get the surgery until she was 18. So that part is realistic.

by Anonymousreply 340February 2, 2022 8:13 PM

You guys do know Jules is realistic in general.

Many trans never get the operation.

by Anonymousreply 341February 2, 2022 8:22 PM

Any more penis this week?

by Anonymousreply 342February 6, 2022 9:26 AM

Hope everyone is watching

by Anonymousreply 343February 7, 2022 12:57 AM

I really hope tonight’s isn’t a bottle episode focused solely on Rue 🤮

by Anonymousreply 344February 7, 2022 1:17 AM

Alanna Ubach is amazing. “Well don’t get me sick…I have a compromised immune system.”

by Anonymousreply 345February 7, 2022 1:20 AM

R344 the spoiler upthread stated last week episode 5 is 100% Rue focused.

And it’s amazing so far.

by Anonymousreply 346February 7, 2022 1:26 AM

R344 see r265

by Anonymousreply 347February 7, 2022 1:28 AM

One good thing about tonight’s episode is that it’s highlighted some of my favorite minor characters from this season (Laurie, Suze Howard, and even Rue’s mom).

by Anonymousreply 348February 7, 2022 1:43 AM

I loved the episode. The first 15 minutes were powerful and moving. The acting was top tier. Once Rue escapes it becomes a bit more fun with a dark humor and then the final 10-15 minutes leave you feel anxious and scared for Rue. It was all very powerful and well done, and Zendaya was phenomenal

by Anonymousreply 349February 7, 2022 2:14 AM

So did the cute guy rat her out? He said something about regretting having said anything. If so, he is playing some serious mind games to get Jules dick...he may be Nate level psycho...

by Anonymousreply 350February 7, 2022 7:05 AM

I don’t think Elliott is cute, but he ratted Rue out to Jules last episode. Also, if that’s somehow a clue to him being psycho, maybe there’s some truth in the rumor he’s the 3rd son from the family photo at the Jacobs’ house (the one Cal took).

Anyway, I really don’t get the Zendaya love. She’s always the weakest link in all her scenes.

by Anonymousreply 351February 7, 2022 8:43 AM

This episode was more Emmy bait for Zendaya.

by Anonymousreply 352February 7, 2022 12:01 PM

Zendaya was just embarrassing. She is not a good actress and her scenes with others prove it. Alanna Ubach (Suze Howard) and Martha Kelly (Laurie) did more in their short scenes than Zendaya did the whole episode.

by Anonymousreply 353February 8, 2022 10:39 AM

Suze Howard is a scene stealer. Honestly my favorite character this season even though she’s only had a tiny bit of screen time.

by Anonymousreply 354February 8, 2022 12:04 PM

I'm on minute ten of Sunday's episode.

If ANYONE tries to say that Z can't act? They're insane. We've all seen drug addled junkies lose it, but something about this felt so damn real.

I actually needed to take a break and post here, it was so damn intense.

by Anonymousreply 355February 9, 2022 4:36 AM

R353, that was an idiotic post. You are an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 356February 9, 2022 5:34 AM

The first 15 minutes of the episode was written as "she's chewing the scenery"... no one could say those lines, with those movements, and not be "over the top".... on the other hand, ever seen addiction-fueled high drama in real life?

Given that, Zendaya was brilliant, I thought. Shifting from scared and weepy to murderous in takes that had no cuts... Harrowing attacks on mother, sister, lover... with zero remorse, then remorse, then remorse evaporates in light of the hunger for the drugs and real threat of death/violence by the $10k debt. Girl needed her medicine and NO ONE understood...

by Anonymousreply 357February 9, 2022 5:01 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!