Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Yellowjackets Part 2

Keep the Yellowjackets talk going!

Link to Part 1:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93June 11, 2023 11:30 PM

I was really engaged for the first seven or so episodes but not sure I’m into a five season arc that will just be a mess, frankly. If it’s too spooky next season I’m out.

by Anonymousreply 1January 25, 2022 11:29 AM

I'm looking forward to the 2nd season

by Anonymousreply 2January 25, 2022 2:34 PM

R1 I went in binge-watching it not realizing they had already planned 5 seasons, so when they didn’t return to the opening scene at the end of the season, I was a bit annoyed. I like the show—good suspense and build up—but can’t see how once the novelty of survival stuff/their situation wears off how they’ll keep viewers engaged for 4 more seasons.

That said, I am fascinated by interpersonal dynamics of survival situations and seeing how people navigate survival just logistically. All of the characters are pretty interesting and flawed people, and all of the adults we see 25 years later have varying levels of psychopathic traits plus a heavy dose of trauma thrown in the mix. Well done overall!

by Anonymousreply 3January 25, 2022 2:46 PM

The showrunners told Showtime they had five seasons of content because they had to give them a basic timeline when they pitched the show. They've said that they could complete the full story in less time if they had to.

by Anonymousreply 4January 25, 2022 2:50 PM

I agree r3, I think my comment at r1 wasn’t indicative of how much I enjoyed the show. The interpersonal dynamics are fascinating in such an extreme context and breakdown of learned societal behaviour is really interesting too. I hated this device in Lord of The Flies but here it feels more engaging.

Christina Ricci is thoroughly entertaining as a gleeful psycho.

by Anonymousreply 5January 25, 2022 2:51 PM

What about DL fav Olivia Munn for adult Lottie in S2? At least everyone already hates her.

by Anonymousreply 6January 26, 2022 3:33 PM

I ate a hamburger the day after I'd binge watched S1 in two days and...I just felt different.

by Anonymousreply 7January 26, 2022 3:45 PM

Kimiko Gelman for adult Lottie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 27, 2022 12:10 PM

Lauren Ambrose for adult Van

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 27, 2022 12:14 PM

Or Thora birch for adult van

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 27, 2022 12:16 PM

Why are pointless articles like this published?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 27, 2022 10:09 PM

R11 That's funny, I am a psychologist but I don't feel like I need to explain why people like this show (I agree with you that the article is dumb). The psychologists don't say anything groundbreaking. In my opinion, people love drama and suspense and mystery...and this show combines all three with a hint of gritty survivalism and trauma. What's not to like?

We don't need to be told why we like this show.

by Anonymousreply 12January 28, 2022 1:17 AM

Jackie can not be dead! Not before Shauna gives birth to the deformed lovechild of Jackie’s boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 13January 28, 2022 7:35 AM

I wonder if the actress who plays young Shauna will do everything to avoid looking Melanie Lynsky in the future, in the same way Christina Ricca probably did everything to avoid becoming a future Rosie O'Donnell?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 28, 2022 1:52 PM

Christina Ricci became anorexic and looks to still be suffering from eating disorders. Melanie Lynsky is no Rosie O’Donnell. She has a beautiful face and amazing tits. She was super hot in her two and a half men days. They def frumped her up on purpose for Yellowjackets. The weight she recently put on seems like the weight she hasn’t lot yet since having a baby 2 years ago with John Ritters son. Christina Ricci would have been more believable than Gaby Hoffman in the young Demi Moore role anyways.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 28, 2022 9:38 PM

Kimiko Gelman is still acting and still looks amazing. She def looks younger than her actual age and could pull off a 43 year old. When I first started watching Yellowjackets she immediately popped in my head when Lottie appeared. The resemblance is uncanny. I loved her in Rags to Riches

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 28, 2022 9:48 PM

I think they will go for big-ish type names similar to Ricci and Lewis. So Winona Ryder and Neve Campbell for middle aged Jackie and Lottie.

by Anonymousreply 17January 29, 2022 12:55 AM

R17 Courtney doesn't want a white actress to play adult Lottie.

by Anonymousreply 18January 29, 2022 6:56 AM

Well minor characters aren’t the casting directors on shows, are they?

by Anonymousreply 19January 29, 2022 7:03 AM

Jackie is dead. The writers confirmed she is not coming back (unless In flashbacks) and Courtney Eaton does not want anyone playing her adult character if they do not have Asian heritage.

by Anonymousreply 20January 29, 2022 7:18 AM

R20 oh please the Courtney woman does not even look asian and the writers will lie all the time.They want to surprise you. Jackie barely looked frozen.

by Anonymousreply 21January 29, 2022 7:29 AM

R19 it would get backlash even if Courtney didn't say anything. She does look Eurasian.

by Anonymousreply 22January 29, 2022 7:34 AM

To please Courtney cast Sandra Oh as middle aged Lottie then.

by Anonymousreply 23January 29, 2022 7:38 AM

Neve Campbell could be Eurasian. Please bring her she’d fit with this cast.

by Anonymousreply 24January 29, 2022 7:46 AM

Melanie Lynskey a little old to have a baby but Yeah she’s just gained baby weight and maybe covid weight. She hasnt been this big since Heavenly Creatures and I’m sure she’ll go back not that it matters much because she’s a terrific actress.

by Anonymousreply 25January 29, 2022 7:48 AM

I was told in the Don’t Look Up thread Melanie was required by that movie to gain weight to be more the dumpy housewife in line with her fat husband Leo, so Cate would be a bigger draw away for him?

by Anonymousreply 26January 29, 2022 8:00 AM

I would love to see Neve on the show. She doesn't have to play Lottie.

by Anonymousreply 27January 29, 2022 8:17 AM

Reiko Aylesworth for Lottie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28January 29, 2022 1:14 PM

I don't know but I felt they pretty much resolve all the mysteries I've cared about, e.g, how Jackie died, who killed Travis and Lottie presiding a freaky ritual/cult. Might still check out S2 but the mystique is gone.

by Anonymousreply 29January 29, 2022 2:55 PM

What a disappointment. I thought this was going to a Suze Orman biopic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30January 29, 2022 4:19 PM

[quote]Melanie Lynsky is no Rosie O’Donnell. She has a beautiful face and amazing tits.

Mary!!!

by Anonymousreply 31January 29, 2022 4:24 PM

I'm only on episode 2. We're supposed to believe this frumpy Meghan Mullaley knockoff is retaining water AND hot snatch?

by Anonymousreply 32January 29, 2022 4:32 PM

Shannyn Sossamon as Lottie

Per Reddit, she follows a few Yellowjackets actresses on social media and the Yellowjackets costume designer follows her.

Plus she’s part Hawaiian so looks wise she fits.

by Anonymousreply 33February 4, 2022 3:43 PM

It’s going to be awkward for R33 if at the next lost in the forest prom someone plays “Kiss Me.”

by Anonymousreply 34February 4, 2022 4:35 PM

The rough trade mechanic needs a haircut.

by Anonymousreply 35February 5, 2022 1:23 AM

Christina Ricci is good at playing an annoying psycho. She's also giving off Michelle Pfeiffer realness.

by Anonymousreply 36February 6, 2022 1:58 AM

Mari is such a shit. Not to say that Jackie was perfect, but it really was fucked up that what they did to Travis didn't blow up more. And of course Shauna had no response about fucking Jeff.

by Anonymousreply 37February 6, 2022 2:31 AM

I love that retort the frumpy chick getting all the hot dick tells her daughter when she threatens to tell the dad about the affair.

by Anonymousreply 38February 6, 2022 4:23 AM

Young Lottie did not look asian at all and her parents were very white bread. They showed them in the scene where she had a premonition of a car wreck.

by Anonymousreply 39February 6, 2022 4:51 AM

Maybe Lottie is adopted

by Anonymousreply 40February 6, 2022 5:33 PM

Both Lotties looked biracial/Eurasian to me, very pretty but what a creepy character!

by Anonymousreply 41February 6, 2022 8:22 PM

Why didn’t any of you bitches tell me that Melanie Lynsey was the crazy aunt who raped poor little Logan Lerman in the Perks of Being a Wallflower? I can’t look at her the same now, I was already letting it slide that she brought a baby, to a bar, in Alabama.

by Anonymousreply 42February 7, 2022 2:32 AM

I can’t believe that none of you bitches never pointed out here or in the earlier thread that the younger Misty Quigley actress looks uncannily like Natasha Lyone and nothing like Christina Ricci?

Shame Phoebe Cates is too old for older Lottie. She’s half Chinese. Maybe they’ll do fast forwards of them in 2036?

by Anonymousreply 43March 25, 2022 11:30 PM

Ooh yes, Phoebe would be a good choice. And lol at Juliette throwing shade because of the Travis plot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44March 26, 2022 12:16 AM

Finally caught up with watching this show. What a great ride.

I didn't understand until near the end that this show was going to continue on for more seasons, but I'm down for it.

So do we think Tai is actually part of the cult too, and just blacks out about it? I was wondering about this.

by Anonymousreply 45June 1, 2022 10:24 PM

R45 I loved it too!

That is part of the mystery—Tai could be part of the cult knowingly or unknowingly. Does she have ties to Lottie? There are a lot of questions that come up at the end of the season.

by Anonymousreply 46June 2, 2022 3:24 PM

I'm with R6: Olvia Munn for grown-up Lottie. I thought she was very good in The Newsroom.

by Anonymousreply 47July 16, 2022 9:04 PM

After watching The Staircase I want Parker Posey to play SOMEBODY in Yellowjackets. Maybe as Shauna’s never before mentioned loopy half sister.

by Anonymousreply 48July 17, 2022 12:48 AM

R48 I would love to see Parker interact with Christina and Juliette.

by Anonymousreply 49July 17, 2022 11:23 AM

R48 I’d LOVE Posey to have a role in Yellowjackets too!

If I recall correctly, season 2 should drop in December of this year, and they’re filming this summer. I hope they stay on the timeline.

by Anonymousreply 50July 18, 2022 10:00 PM

I binged watched and loved it. There were really creepy scenes throughout but it also had hysterically funny moments too.

by Anonymousreply 51August 5, 2022 2:50 AM

Christina Ricci is great in this.

by Anonymousreply 52August 5, 2022 3:40 AM

The original Yellowjackets.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53August 6, 2022 2:18 PM

R53 ha! I wonder which ones would’ve hooked up and which ones would’ve turned cannibals, etc. You know Jo would’ve had sex with one of the other ladies.

by Anonymousreply 54August 6, 2022 5:39 PM

So would Cindy!

by Anonymousreply 55August 6, 2022 5:54 PM

Lauren Ambrose IS adult Van!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56August 11, 2022 9:39 PM

Good casting.

by Anonymousreply 57August 11, 2022 9:41 PM

This thread is about a show? I thought it was about those striped bees that stung me on numerous caissons. I was even stung by a wasp once. Insects love me, I attract spiders. Once a saw a large spider across a room and damn if it didn't show up shortly after on the arm of my chair. Maybe i smell like hot meat.

by Anonymousreply 58August 11, 2022 9:52 PM

I thought it was about me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59August 12, 2022 2:26 AM

I like Lauren so i'm glad to see she's playing Van. And i'm seeing rumours that Shannyn could be playing adult Lottie.

by Anonymousreply 60August 12, 2022 9:10 AM

I hope she performs her hit single.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61August 12, 2022 3:43 PM

I just finished binging this and oh my word. Riveting last five minutes of television. Between the doomcoming episode here and the Carnivale episode on the Terror, there is something about last ditch bacchanals for stranded people that just hits the spot. Misty creeped me out all season but that late reveal puts Tai head to head with her. Really excited for season 2!

by Anonymousreply 62August 17, 2022 6:06 AM

This show sucked balls.

Absolutely horrible.

by Anonymousreply 63August 17, 2022 6:08 AM

I want Travis deep inside me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64August 17, 2022 10:33 AM

I want to lock Peter Gadiot and François Arnaud in the same room together to see what happens, sexually.

by Anonymousreply 65August 17, 2022 1:21 PM

This show was CW network quality but I had to finish. Lewis and Ricci kept me invested. Hated the subplot about the frau’s affair with the young meat, like that would even happen.

by Anonymousreply 66August 17, 2022 2:13 PM

[Quote] the subplot about the frau’s affair with the young meat, like that would even happen.

Lol yeah, because that's the least believable plot on this show.

by Anonymousreply 67August 18, 2022 1:18 AM

Simone Kessell IS adult Lottie!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68August 18, 2022 1:21 AM

Just finished the first Season. I thought it was pretty good,although I can't see it going for the planned 5 seasons. I thought it was interesting that some of the stranded team members are thus far, unnamed and get nothing other than background shots/group scenes, and almost no dialog.

I can only guess, it's one of these girls who falls in the spiky pit and gets eaten in the pilot? Jackie's necklace was a neat red herring. It's pretty obvious the writers and showrunners check the shows' Reddit page 5 times a day.

What happened to Juliette Lewis' face? Hatchet attack?

by Anonymousreply 69August 18, 2022 1:30 AM

This should have three seasons and that’s it. The showrunners have Lost delusions and look at how that show fucked up by going too long.

by Anonymousreply 70August 18, 2022 3:49 PM

[Quote] It's pretty obvious the writers and showrunners check the shows' Reddit page 5 times a day.

Oh that's not good. Never check the subreddit.

by Anonymousreply 71August 19, 2022 2:59 AM

I think this show had an interesting premise but they fucked it up badly in two ways:

1) making it a multi-season series instead of a miniseries. The show began with cannibalism and ended the season spinning its wheels. It would have had more of impact if they told the entire story start to finish in ten or less episodes. They watered down their creative product just to make more money.

2) Making the adults the main focus of the show with a sprinkling of the 1996 characters. Lewis and Ricci are good actors but the wilderness survival story is vastly more interesting than the blackmail plot. The show should have been 90% 1996 with a glimpse of present day action.

by Anonymousreply 72August 19, 2022 9:32 AM

I actually prefer the present day scene over the 1996 ones. Ricci and Lewis are great. And I love the frumpy frau Lynskey, particularly that scene where the daughter knows she's having an affair and threatens to expose her and she tells her to kiss her freedoms and college funds goodbye of she says anything.

by Anonymousreply 73August 19, 2022 1:07 PM

Juliette is good but they gave her nothing. No one needed to see her mope about Travis every other episode.

by Anonymousreply 74August 19, 2022 1:20 PM

Terrible theme song... "Saaaaaame Azzzzz Yeeeeeeewoah!", former Warner Bros Records Prez, Lenny Waronker's daughter on vocals.

I also suspect I will become annoyed with all adult characters mental health issues, and probably just hate-watch. Ricci is a fine actress, but Misty's obvious slide into a New Millenial Annie Wilkes imitation is only tolerable for so long.

I hope the writers shuck the plot armor, and make Shauna & friends sweat over the murder and hasty disposal of Adam, and have Law Enforcement right on top of it.

by Anonymousreply 75August 19, 2022 2:07 PM

So what is he gonna play a wood gnome the girls run into?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76August 19, 2022 6:28 PM

For those not on Insta...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77August 19, 2022 6:31 PM

[Quote] Wood will play the role of Walter, a dedicated citizen detective who will challenge present-day Misty (Emmy nominee Christina Ricci) in ways that she won’t see coming.

I was kind of hoping he would play someone creepy. But his scenes with Christina sound like fun.

by Anonymousreply 78August 19, 2022 11:04 PM

Christina will have her match in crazy eyes, as well as big head/little body.

by Anonymousreply 79August 19, 2022 11:20 PM

R79 true 😆

by Anonymousreply 80August 19, 2022 11:31 PM

Season 2 premieres March 24

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81January 18, 2023 6:18 PM

I saw the actress who plays teen Van got her tits chopped off. Kind of depressing.

by Anonymousreply 82February 5, 2023 12:28 PM

Wow, really, R82. A double mastectomy? Sad. Was it as a preventative like Angelina Jolie’s?

by Anonymousreply 83February 6, 2023 12:48 AM

R83 no, Liv is non binary and decided to get top surgery.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84February 6, 2023 3:50 AM

Her character on an earlier series had breast cancer and a mastectomy.

by Anonymousreply 85February 6, 2023 4:02 AM

New trailer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86March 16, 2023 10:00 PM

Second season thread is already up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87March 16, 2023 10:27 PM

[quote]What happened to Juliette Lewis' face? Hatchet attack?

I re-watched Salem's Lot recently (the David Soul version) and she looks *just* like her dad. She's got that kind of leathery face & kind of twitchy overemoting type acting (at least in this role).

I actually like that they've made the older women look kind of rough in different ways because 1. that's life 2. they all look in various ways like "people who've been through some shit." Misty's syrupy/slightly menacing act reminds me of women I know who wield a small amount of power in whatever mediocre roles they're in and use it to fuck with people because they can, all while hiding behind a bland wall of sweetness.

by Anonymousreply 88March 20, 2023 1:04 PM

That would be fucked up but it's not a completely ridiculous theory.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89March 21, 2023 4:05 AM

I’m binge watching it now. It’s very good

by Anonymousreply 90March 25, 2023 11:04 PM

It's not the best, but it's kind of novel story, the teen actors really mirror the adults (or the other way around) and Juliette Lewis & Christina Ricci have great chemistry together. Too much of either one of them would be hard to take, but they're entertaining together.

by Anonymousreply 91March 25, 2023 11:17 PM

I just found out that Van isn’t played by the girl in the Taylor Swift video. Wow! They are twins.

by Anonymousreply 92April 15, 2023 5:46 PM

I’m trying to watch this now but it’s a bit too femmy for me. I’m not a gay who likes girl tv like Glee and Real Housewives.

Yellowjackets is at heart girl tv I think although it tries hard to be fierce girl tv. But at heart it’s very catty and full of relationship drama. Girl tv.

I hate Juliette Lewis so watching it doesn’t get any easier for that. At first I didn’t like the girls as women part of the story, preferring the woods drama, but that’s flipped for me, and now the woods drama makes me want to throw the remote at my tv, but I’m actually sort of interested in who’s harassing the women in the adult parts (I’m at s1 e6 right now).

Finding it very difficult to stay with it. I love the girl who plays the teen version of Juliette Lewis, she’s fantastic. Not interested in any of the men on the show, at all. Which doesn’t help matters.

by Anonymousreply 93June 11, 2023 11:30 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!