Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jensen Ackles latest media blitz: Why he didn't tell Jared Padalecki about the 'Supernatural' Prequel

Jensen Ackles never meant to keep the Supernatural prequel a secret from his onscreen brother Jared Padalecki.

The actor and producer, 43, said Padalecki, 39, was "number one" on his list of people to tell about The Winchesters, the first title under his Chaos Machine Productions banner. Ackles explained the miscommunication last week on Michael Rosenbaum's Inside of You podcast, stating that he is "extremely superstitious."

"It's an unwritten rule that you just don't talk about s— until it's a done deal, until the ink has dried," Ackles noted. "And this was my first venture into producing and creating content, and I didn't wanna jinx it at any cost. So, I shut up about it. Only the people that had to know knew."

He said that he only received the first script for the show last week and it was still in the early stages of development when Deadline announced it back in June 2021. "I definitely had people that I was excited to tell, Jared being number one on that list," he said.

Ackles recalled that he was working on a set that didn't allow phones when the news broke. By the time he reconnected to the world, he received a flood of congratulatory messages. "And then it all just kind of turned south," he said.

Following the announcement, Padalecki tweeted his congratulations to Ackles, adding that he wished he had "heard about this some way other than Twitter. I'm excited to watch, but bummed that Sam Winchester had no involvement whatsoever."

"I had a long text from Jared, and he was really bummed, and I just remember my heart just sank. I was just like, 'F—!'" Ackles said, adding: "In hindsight, that could have been a step that was avoided. But he did it, and it happened, and we dealt with it. And he and I, we're great."

Padalecki has since recounted the same story and explained that they're "always brothers." The duo will also reunite for an episode of Walker season 2, which Ackles will direct.

The pair starred in Supernatural as Sam (Padalecki) and Dean Winchester (Ackles), two brothers hunting supernatural entities across the country, reuniting years after losing their mother to one such being. Premiering in 2005, the show ran for 15 seasons on The CW (and formerly The WB) before airing its finale in 2020.

The Winchesters will serve as an origin story about the brothers' parents John and Mary Winchester, played by Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Samantha Smith in the parent series. Jensen will narrate the show and serve as executive producer with wife Danneel Ackles through Chaos Machine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51April 25, 2022 1:17 AM

Jensen Ackles is full of shit.

He's just lucky that Jared decided to play it cool, and didn't blow him out of the water.

Jensen was being 100% shady and two-faced by hiding his Supernatural plans from Jared.

Now months later, he's still trying to do damage control for that fuck up.

He's gross.

by Anonymousreply 1January 24, 2022 12:14 AM

Padalecki is only 39? Wow, I thought he was already early/mid forties.

Does the world really need a Supernatural spin off after the series already had 25 seasons?

by Anonymousreply 2January 24, 2022 12:24 AM

That story has the smell of MENDACITY…

by Anonymousreply 3January 24, 2022 12:46 AM

I wish Jared had DOXXED Jensen at the time Jensen made the prequel announcement.

That feud would have been delicious to watch.

by Anonymousreply 4January 24, 2022 2:24 AM

This does nothing other than prove that (A) Padalecki has the emotional maturity of a five year old and that (B) Jensen and Jared aren't really that close. I watched Jensen's Rosenbaum podcast and the reason he gave for not telling Jared (superstition) was silly. If Jensen and Jared were as close as fans want to believe they are, Jensen would've told Jared.

Jared actually made Buzzfeed's list of most terrible celebrity today for failing to support Misha Collins's book and being just a generally shitty person.

Soooo much d list drama.

by Anonymousreply 5January 24, 2022 2:36 AM

[quote] Jared actually made Buzzfeed's list of most terrible celebrity today for failing to support Misha Collins's book and being just a generally shitty person.

Lol, seriously?

Damn, you gotta love Jared for being such a colossal prick! He worked with Misha for over 10 years, for fuck's sake.

Looks like the wheels are coming off the Supernatural wagon.

Kiss the conventions goodbye.

by Anonymousreply 6January 24, 2022 2:38 AM

A reminder, as Spotify disintegrates before our eyes, that Jared is a Joe Rogan fan who vacationed in Italy at the height of the Delta wave last year.

by Anonymousreply 7January 30, 2022 2:41 AM

R7 what a douchebag.

by Anonymousreply 8January 30, 2022 4:17 AM

They need to get a room and fuck each other and get it over with...

by Anonymousreply 9January 30, 2022 4:22 AM

Like so many kids, when I was young I was into Frankenstein, Dracula, Wolfman, the Mummy, etc.. I loved the old films with Bella Lugosi and Lon Chaney, and even the Hammer Studio films with Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee, so when Supernatural came on in 2005 I watched. I was hooked for a few seasons, but then it got "churchey" with angels and what not so I stopped watching.

Somehow I ended up listening to Jared and Jensen on a podcast a few days ago, and they were talking about auditioning for Sam and Dean Winchester. My God, Jared just sounded utterly insufferable. He was talking about how when he first read for the role of Sam the executives were like, "Oh, well, he's great but we were hoping for somebody more 'sara-bella-lur' (Jared was trying to say the word [italic]cerebral[/italic]), like a young David Duchovny." So then Jared goes on to say that his agent called them up and said "Well, you know Jared's [italic]really[/italic] smart and he was planning to 'go pre-med' and what not, and he's a National Merit Scholar." So Jared is essentially trying to brag on this podcast about how smart he is, but there's absolutely nothing online in the National Merit Scholar database to support his claim. (If you Google it, you get nothing but hits showing that his manager said he was a National Merit Scholar. Nothing conclusive whatsoever.) Then, two minutes later in the podcast, Jared is talking about how when he and Jensen auditioned they were the only ones in the room, and he said, "Me and him were the only ones there."

Me and him???

I'm sorry but he's an insufferable douchebag who's dumb as shit.

by Anonymousreply 10January 30, 2022 4:47 AM

Padalecki is about as smart as my special needs cat.

On second thought my cat is smarter.

by Anonymousreply 11January 30, 2022 4:53 AM

And from what I remember, all of them seem to agree Jared's the "smart one."

by Anonymousreply 12January 30, 2022 4:56 AM

R10 maybe Jared was talking about his character, not himself.

by Anonymousreply 13January 30, 2022 6:58 AM

Misha Collins has a No H8 portrait (more than one, in fact).

Jared and Jensen, to this day, do not.

Jared claims that Castiel's coming out scene wasn't gay. Jensen claims it's "open to interpretation." Misha is the only one who acknowledges the reality that his character is mlm. In fact, he wore a rainbow flag T-shirt to the Supernatural convention this weekend.

Jared and Jensen are either personally homophobic or chasing the homophobic dollar. In the end, it doesn't matter which.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 30, 2022 7:16 AM

I listened to the same podcast. It's the Supernatural Then and Now with Rob Benedict. Padalecki definitely said he was a National Merit Scholar. He's an idiot to lie about something so obvious. He is NOT a National Merit Scholar.

by Anonymousreply 15January 30, 2022 7:37 AM

[Quote] Jared claims that Castiel's coming out scene wasn't gay. Jensen claims it's "open to interpretation." Misha is the only one who acknowledges the reality that his character is mlm. In fact, he wore a rainbow flag T-shirt to the Supernatural convention this weekend.

Castiel isn't gay. Get over it.

by Anonymousreply 16January 30, 2022 7:41 AM

Castiel is definitely in love with Dean, moron at R16.

Misha even said so.

Also, Jared and Gen are gay friendly.

Jensen and Danneel are the fundie bigots.

by Anonymousreply 17January 30, 2022 1:53 PM

I'm not disputing your take on Jensen and whatever his wife's name is; however, Genevieve Padalecki is on record having donated money to Mitt Romney's presidential campaign. Mitt is one of the most anti-gay candidates to run for president.

by Anonymousreply 18January 31, 2022 1:20 AM

Jared was definitely referring to himself, R13, not his character. R14, the gossip on this site years ago was that Jared had agreed to do a photo for the NoH8 Campaign but Jensen refused. This was, I think, before Misha even joined the cast. The studio then asked Jared not to participate in the campaign because if he did and Jensen didn't, it wouldn't be a good look for the show. There was a very believable poster on the site who claimed to have worked as a photographer's assistant, who said that he had heard that Jensen wasn't a dick about it but just claimed it was against his religious beliefs to support "that" kind of lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 19January 31, 2022 1:32 AM

[R16] The writer of the scene was gay and wrote it as such, the actor who is still under contract confirmed it's gay, it's fucking gay. The only issue is what you see of Dean's response and how they handled the super hell topic. Moving ON.

by Anonymousreply 20January 31, 2022 2:02 AM

Man o man o man, this washed up has been and his little red headed cunt whore wife have a world of hurt coming their way.

by Anonymousreply 21January 31, 2022 3:25 AM

R17 and R20 you are both full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 22January 31, 2022 10:52 AM

Never watched the show and only remember Jensen from DOOL way back in the day....

But it sounds like he went out of his way to deny Jared a producing opportunity on a show in which he should be involved. If 2 people co-star on a show for 15 years, why should only one of them profit on a prequel? It's obvious Jensen developed and pitched the idea going through great lengths to keep Jared in the dark.

by Anonymousreply 23January 31, 2022 12:01 PM

I wish they would do a Supernatural re-boot.

It's' time.

I miss the show so much.

by Anonymousreply 24February 2, 2022 11:23 PM

R24 0/10

by Anonymousreply 25February 3, 2022 11:30 AM

I think a subpar IQ is a prerequisite for watching anything on the CW.

by Anonymousreply 26February 3, 2022 11:06 PM

Bwahahahahahaha, SCREW YOU R25!!!

You thought that post R24 was a joke? Well the joke is on YOU.

[quote] The CW Orders Pilots for ‘Supernatural’ Prequel Series ‘The Winchesters,’ ‘Walker’ Origin Story and ‘Gotham Nights

The CW is staying in the “Supernatural” business. TheWrap has learned the network has ordered three pilots, including the one for “SPN” prequel series “The Winchesters.”

Also ordered were pilots for “Gotham Knights” and “Walker: Independence.” Additionally, they’ve ordered six additional episodic scripts for “Zorro,” a series in development for the network. A decision on “Zorro” will be made at a later date.

“The Winchesters” hails from former “SPN” star Jensen Ackles, while “Walker: Independence” comes from his TV “SPN” brother, Jared Padalecki, the star of the current “Walker” series on the network.

Here’s a logline for “The Winchesters”: Before Sam and Dean, there was John and Mary. Told from the perspective of narrator Dean Winchester (Ackles), “The Winchesters” is the epic, untold love story of how John met Mary and how they put it all on the line to not only save their love, but the entire world.

Executive producers on the show are Jensen Ackles and Danneel Ackles (via Chaos Machine and WBTV deal). The show is produced by Chaos Machine Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television and CBS Studios.

“Walker: Independence,” is described as an origin story set in the late 1800s. It follows Abby Walker, an affluent Bostonian whose husband is murdered before her eyes while on their journey out West. On her quest for revenge, Abby crosses paths with Hoyt Rawlins, a lovable rogue in search of purpose. Abby and Hoyt’s journey takes them to Independence, Texas, where they encounter diverse, eclectic residents running from their own troubled pasts and chasing their dreams. Our newfound family will struggle with the changing world around them, while becoming agents of change themselves in a town where nothing is what it seems.

Seamus Fahey is executive producer, and wrote the teleplay and co-wrote the story the show is based on. Current “Walker” EP and showrunner Anna Fricke is also an executive producer and story co-writer. Padalecki is an executive producer, as are Dan Lin, Lindsey Liberatore (Rideback) and Laura Terry (Pursued By a Bear). CBS Studios is the studio behind the show.

Here’s the logline for the Berlanti-verse “Gotham Nights,” which is not a spinoff of “Batwoman”: In the wake of Bruce Wayne’s murder, his rebellious adopted son forges an unlikely alliance with the children of Batman’s enemies when they are all framed for killing the Caped Crusader. And as the city’s most wanted criminals, this renegade band of misfits must fight to clear their names. But in a Gotham with no Dark Knight to protect it, the city descends into the most dangerous it’s ever been. However, hope comes from the most unexpected of places as this team of mismatched fugitives will become its next generation of saviors known as the Gotham Knights.

Chad Fiveash & James Stoteraux are writers and executive producers. Natalie Abrams is a writer and co-executive producer. Danny Cannon is the director and EP of the pilot. Other executive producers include Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter and David Madden. The show is produced by Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television, based on characters created for DC by Bob Kane with Bill Finger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27February 4, 2022 1:11 PM

Wow, Jensen is really making things happen.

I guess having money, a good reputation, and some connections in Hollywood can get you far.

by Anonymousreply 28February 4, 2022 1:12 PM

Now we know why Jensen is doing a media blitz.

by Anonymousreply 29February 4, 2022 1:34 PM

A "media blitz" R29? For Christ's sake, he went on an F Lister's podcast and sent out some Tweets! 🙄

by Anonymousreply 30February 4, 2022 2:17 PM

[quote]A "media blitz" [R29]? For Christ's sake, he went on an F Lister's podcast and sent out some Tweets! 🙄

LMAO, r30. It's creepy the fascination a tiny group of people have with this show and its unknown actors. If they were super hot I would understand but they aren't. And they can't act for shit.

by Anonymousreply 31February 4, 2022 2:27 PM

Haha fuck off, you hateful beast at R30!!!

Jensen wins.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32February 4, 2022 7:13 PM

Will Jared and Jensen get royalties from this, because of their characters?

Or is it all Kripke?

by Anonymousreply 33February 4, 2022 11:03 PM

Fags.

by Anonymousreply 34February 5, 2022 1:57 AM

The longhaired one must be the bottom..

by Anonymousreply 35February 5, 2022 2:00 AM

R33 it's all Kripke.

by Anonymousreply 36February 5, 2022 7:16 AM

R27 it's time for you to take your meds.

by Anonymousreply 37February 6, 2022 3:28 AM

[quote] The longhaired one must be the bottom..

Correct.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38February 6, 2022 5:21 PM

HOT!

by Anonymousreply 39February 6, 2022 9:55 PM

F List.

by Anonymousreply 40February 22, 2022 3:28 AM

LOL, worse than F List.

by Anonymousreply 41February 22, 2022 3:31 AM

Shut your fucking mouths, R40 and R41!

We've had enough of you two hateful BEASTS!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42February 22, 2022 4:57 AM

No word on Misha Collins coming out as bisexual from homophobe Jensen Ackles?

I thought he and Misha were supposed to be close friends?

by Anonymousreply 43April 24, 2022 5:43 AM

I was a National Merit Scholar and I don’t remember seeing Jared at any of the parties.

by Anonymousreply 44April 24, 2022 6:00 AM

They never have been, it’s only the deluded, crazy people that think Jensen and that thirsty fucker are good friends.

That has never been the case.

by Anonymousreply 45April 24, 2022 7:12 AM

R43 why does Jensen need to say something? It would be old news to him (and the rest of the SPN cast).

by Anonymousreply 46April 24, 2022 8:42 AM

Good point, R46.

Which leads anyone with a brain to believe this is just made-up shit to appeal to whomever he’s trying to appeal to.

by Anonymousreply 47April 24, 2022 6:25 PM

I find this whole kerfluffle about the prequel especially hilarious considering that no one, not even the die hard fans gives a shit. I predict it either won't be picked up by the CW or it'll die a quick death.

What's really funny is that for years the deannuts kept crying about how Jensen was being held back by doing SPN, and the as soon as he was released from this cruel slavery he'd be snapped up by Marvel for a lead role and take his rightful place on the A list. Then the show ends, Jared immediately stars on Walker, which has been picked up for a third season and a prequel, Misha Collins wrote a best selling book, parlayed his home cooking videos into a PBS show, and will have a major role in a new CW series. While Jensen had to beg his old boss for a job on The Boys, did a low budget movie which, if it's ever completed, will probably go straight to video, and is working on a prequel nobody asked for. Even Jim Beaver (Bobby) is starring on a sitcom while Richard Speight (Gabriel) has a new career as a director.

by Anonymousreply 48April 24, 2022 6:37 PM

So, according to Jensen himself, Jared was involved in a very serious car accident.

He was not driving but apparently the air bags “Pack a punch”. So he’s at home recovering.

by Anonymousreply 49April 24, 2022 9:25 PM

Jensen is a homophobe.

Not surprising that he hasn't congratulated Misha on coming out.

by Anonymousreply 50April 24, 2022 11:24 PM

[Quote] Then the show ends, Jared immediately stars on Walker, which has been picked up for a third season and a prequel, Misha Collins wrote a best selling book, parlayed his home cooking videos into a PBS show, and will have a major role in a new CW series.

Jared and Misha doing CW shows isn't really something to brag about. Walker is terrible and Misha's role is in another unnecessary Batman spin-off.

by Anonymousreply 51April 25, 2022 1:17 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!