Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Happy Birthday, Ingrid Alexandra!

Norway's royal turns 18 tomorrow, January 21st. She looks stunning!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59June 25, 2022 2:17 AM

Maybe William can bang her and claim he thought she was Kate.

by Anonymousreply 1January 20, 2022 11:11 AM

English article.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 20, 2022 11:20 AM

Maybe some day Princess Charlotte will have an affair with her.

by Anonymousreply 3January 20, 2022 11:43 AM

They seem like a nice family, her kooky aunt Martha ruins it though. I hope we get to see Princess Ingrid in a tiara soon, because her aunt Martha received one from her grandfather King solace when she turned 18. An amazing diamond tiara formerly worn by mean old Princess Ragnhild rejoined the family, maybe this will be for Ingrid.

by Anonymousreply 4January 20, 2022 11:49 AM

Olav, not solace. Damn autocorrect.

by Anonymousreply 5January 20, 2022 11:49 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6January 20, 2022 12:13 PM

Ah, what would have happened if now King Harald wasn't caught with commoner Sonja in a car accident when he was still Sophia of Greece fiancé?

Sophia went to marry now retired King Juan-Carlos of Spain.

The rest is History...

Would be funny if Sverre Magnus married one of the Infants...

by Anonymousreply 7January 20, 2022 1:43 PM

I think The Crown Prince is the hunkiest prince in Europe.

by Anonymousreply 8January 20, 2022 2:54 PM

Video of Ingrid Alexandra skiing with her family. They seem close knit and down-to-earth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 20, 2022 3:04 PM

The Princess visited the Norwegian Parliament and Supreme Court today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 20, 2022 3:05 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 20, 2022 3:49 PM

So many future Queens: Sweden, Spain, Norway, Netherlands, Belgium

Only two European Kings, right? UK and Denmark.

by Anonymousreply 12January 20, 2022 4:07 PM

Support for the Norwegian Monarchy remains strong. I think the Norwegian and Danish monarchies are probably the most supported by their populations (the Danish monarchy enjoys about 80% support in Denmark). The Swedish monarchy is the least popular in Scandinavia the last poll showed about 60% support.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 20, 2022 4:12 PM

Meanwhile in Sweden, cousin Prince Oskar plots Ingrid’s demise to put himself on the Norwegian throne since Estelle is hogging up his chances at the Swedish.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 20, 2022 6:26 PM

New photos of Ingrid Alexandra have been released to mark her 18th birthday today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 21, 2022 1:40 PM

she got that ruby pendant when she was a little girl, so far it’s the only good piece of jewelry we’ve seen her in. That dog she’s cuddling is getting up there and I’m surprised he’s still alive, they got him a long time ago. But then again I’m surprised Mette Marit is still kicking around too, with her incurable progressive lung disease.

by Anonymousreply 16January 21, 2022 1:44 PM

in some of the pics she has a bit of Queen Rania’s post surgery look. I guess Ingrid is going to go for the rail-thin look like Queen Rania and Queen Letizia.

by Anonymousreply 17January 21, 2022 1:48 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 21, 2022 1:59 PM

Princess Ingrid Alexandra has been awarded the Grand Cross of the Royal Norwegian Order of St. Olav and King Harald V's Family Order by her grandfather King Harald on her 18th birthday today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19January 21, 2022 3:14 PM

Aunt Martha Louise's birthday greeting. I find it amusing that she has the nerve to call her niece "weird". Well, girl, you wrote the book.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20January 21, 2022 3:33 PM

that’s nice, meanwhile Queen Elizabeth makes people wait for YEARS before she gives an order. She, unlike her father or grandfather or Queen Victoria, equates the orders with service, and not family membership. Stingy.

by Anonymousreply 21January 21, 2022 3:35 PM

More photos of Ingrid Alexandra and her family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22January 21, 2022 4:44 PM

I always thought Crown Prince Haakon was sexy. He looks great for someone on the cusp of 50.

by Anonymousreply 23January 21, 2022 5:31 PM

Ingrid really does look like a Middleton sister.

by Anonymousreply 24January 21, 2022 5:33 PM

The Norwegian royal family is one of the more attractive reigning royal families in Europe. The Dutch royals are the least attractive.

by Anonymousreply 25January 21, 2022 7:49 PM

lol @ stroopwafel

by Anonymousreply 26January 21, 2022 11:33 PM

Her brother Prince Sverre looks great. He was a very chubby kid, but he's lost all that baby fat.

Their mother Mettit-Marie should stop coloring her hair such a brassy shade of blonde, and she absolutely needs to touch up the roots before she takes official photos. i actually think she's look better if she just let it grow out its original dark color.

by Anonymousreply 27January 21, 2022 11:59 PM

Who was the King's homely but exceptionally hilarious sister who wittily loved to wear all the horrible jewelry the family had inherited, like the bejeweled deely-boppers? I hope she's still alive--I love her.

by Anonymousreply 28January 22, 2022 12:03 AM

Princess Astrid is alive and well, and apparently much beloved by the family.

by Anonymousreply 29January 22, 2022 1:04 AM

Amalia of The Netherlands and Élisabeth of Belgium are 18 as well, I hope we get to see them in tiaras as well. Norway has the least amount of tiaras I believe... but Amalia and Élisabeth have plenty of choices, and Amalia said she can identify every tiara in Europe

by Anonymousreply 30January 22, 2022 7:27 AM

R17 Funny because she isn't really rail thin at all. Look at her upper arms and thighs, her arms have fat on them and she is tending towards thunder thighs. She is HARDLY anorexic. And thank god for that. She is slim and I would say at a perfectly healthy and normal weight. What's funny though is that she has very dark features, unlike 90 % of Norwegians who are blond and blue eyed. She deffo got her dark features from her dad crown prince Haakon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31January 22, 2022 7:46 AM

She is a typical tomboy. I wonder if she is a lesbian? No news about a love life, though Norwegian news tend to not ask questions like that about her private life. Also, she was a minor until yesterday. They separate her job from her love life. And thank god for that. We don't really care about gossip like that until she has actually chosen someone to marry. Norwegian media is not like British that post every single little gossip. One thing she mentioned that made me go hm was that she and her best female friend spent time alone in the castle. I was like oh... Though it's hard to tell with women. They can be close without any romantic connections. And of course some straight women are/were tomboys. It's not unheard of. But if she does come out as a lesbian I seriously wouldn't be surprised.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32January 22, 2022 7:51 AM

R20 LOL! She's the one to talk. As if "talking to angels and married to a shaman" is not weird. Ok

by Anonymousreply 33January 22, 2022 7:53 AM

R27 He is still a bit chubby, though a lot less than just a few years ago. He kinda looks like his older half brother Marius. They are both blond and have some of the same features. They look like Mette Marit. Funny how they turned out blond while Ingrid Alexandra turned out dark. She deffo inheritied her father's genes. She kinda reminds me of more southern European. I am not that familiar with crown prince Haakon. Does he have some south European in him? I wouldn't be surprised. Like... some Norwegians are dark, but it's hardly common. 90 % have fair skin, blond hair and blue eyes. Unlike Haakon and Ingrid Alexandra.

by Anonymousreply 34January 22, 2022 7:59 AM

Sonja is Norwegian, and I’ve always thought IA resembled her the most with Mette Marit’s great bone structure.

It’ll be interesting to see what the next generation of Queens— Élisabeth, Catharina Amalia, Ingrid Alexandra, Leonor and Estelle— will be like as royals because they are growing up in a time where wealth distribution and the privilege of generational wealth are hot topics amongst young people

by Anonymousreply 35January 22, 2022 8:45 AM

Queen Sonja was a brunette with brown eyes. Haakon Magnus looks like her. King Harald was a brunette with blue eyes. Wacky Martha Louise looks like him. Ingrid Alexandra gets her looks from the Sonja/Haakon side of the family. Her brother is blond with blue eyes like his mother Mette-Marit.

King Harald hasn't been well and walks with a can. He should abdicate the throne and retire so his son and daughter-in-law can take over.

by Anonymousreply 36January 22, 2022 1:25 PM

Harold, like Queen Elizabeth and Queen Margrethe, is the nominal head of the state church and has said on the record that being a consecrated sovereign is his job for life.

by Anonymousreply 37January 22, 2022 6:18 PM

Princess Elisabeth doesn’t have that many tiaras to chose from. If we assume that she only has access to what her mother Queen Mathilda has, then her choices are:

Queen Mathilde’s laurel wreath necklace/tiara

The Diadem of The Nine Provinces

Queen Fabiola’s Wolfer’s necklace/tiara.

If granny Queen Fabiola is in a generous mood, she may lend her Queen Elisabeth’s art deco bandeau. Or, her own modest necklace/tiara (see below)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38January 22, 2022 6:23 PM

Assuming Ingrid-Alexandra didn’t get an 18th birthday tiara like her kooky Aunt Martha did, her choices from mom are limited to:

Mette-Marit’s diamond daisy tiara

Queen Sonja’s amethyst necklace/tiara (on loan to Mette Marit)

Queen Maud’s Vifte hair aigrette/tiara (on loan to Mette Marit)

if granny Sonja is generous perhaps she would lend Ingrid one of the following:

Queen Maud’s diamond and pearl tiara

The modern gold ‘Star Trek’ tiara

Queen Josephine’s diamond tiara

Queen Josephine’s emerald tiara (doubtful, this is one of the grandest tiaras in Europe)

Then we have the matter of Queen Maud’s tiara that had been on loan to mean old Princess Raghnild. Now that she’s dead, the tiara came back to the main line but it hasn’t been seen on anyone. It would be a little too much tiara for an 18 year old, I think.

by Anonymousreply 39January 22, 2022 6:29 PM

R36 & R37 Abdication is not the done thing in the Scandinavian monarchies. King Harald's, and to a lesser extent Queen Margrethe's, health has been declining for years and I suspect there will be successions coming in the not too distant future. King Carl XVI Gustav seems to be in good health and will probably reign for another decade or so. I don't think he's particularly popular in Sweden though. Harald and Margrethe are hugely popular in their respective countries.

by Anonymousreply 40January 22, 2022 6:40 PM

She and Charlotte will rule the world one day.

by Anonymousreply 41January 22, 2022 7:20 PM

R40 Yes, I suspect Haakon will be King within the next 5 years sadly, Frederik some time within the next decade.

by Anonymousreply 42January 22, 2022 7:27 PM

King Harald’s cancer could come back at any time, and he hasn’t looked healthy in years even though his treatment was supposedly successful. Crown Prince Haakon has been Regent several times now. I agree it could be 5 years. Unfortunately it may also be 5 years for Mette Marit too.

by Anonymousreply 43January 22, 2022 8:26 PM

I hope she wears the amethyst tiara

The Dutch have such huge tiaras, and because CA loves tiaras so much I bet she will go with one of the rubies

by Anonymousreply 44January 24, 2022 1:15 AM

R44 Apparently King Harald has knee surgery last year and I'm wondering if it's not healing properly because he's walking with crutches now. I suspect by the time the 2020s are out the UK, Norwary and Denmark will all have new monarchs on the throne.

by Anonymousreply 45January 24, 2022 2:21 AM

She looks gorgeous in new released photos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46June 17, 2022 7:59 AM

R39 The article states that the tiara she's wearing is from king Haralds's grandmother, princess Ingeborg.

by Anonymousreply 47June 17, 2022 8:01 AM

What's with the middle part hair style obsession these days??

by Anonymousreply 48June 17, 2022 8:19 AM

Great tiara choice! I think she looks a lot like grandmother, Queen Sonja, but I think she will look more and more like her mother as she ages.

by Anonymousreply 49June 17, 2022 8:37 AM

Amalia of The Netherlands and Elisabeth of Belgium are expected to attend the gala as well (in tiaras—their first time!)

by Anonymousreply 50June 17, 2022 8:39 AM

Tiara photos!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51June 17, 2022 7:57 PM

This is her rumored boyfriend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52June 22, 2022 12:20 PM

[quote] She, unlike her father or grandfather or Queen Victoria, equates the orders with service, and not family membership.

Oh please, do us a favour.

by Anonymousreply 53June 22, 2022 12:52 PM

Due to the pandemic, the gathering of international royals to celebrate Princess Ingrid Alexandra's birthday was held last week instead of back in January when her actually birthday is.

There was no representation by anyone from the British Royal Family. The Princess Royal, Edward and Sophie, and Charles have been present at numerous royal gatherings in Norway in the past. The BRF tends to keep a cordial link with European royalty, but are known to be close to the Norwegian royals. (The King's grandmother was a British princess and the King's father was born on the Sandringham estate

Some sources say the Norwegian royals snubbed the BRF by not inviting them because of the scandals involving pervy Andrew and the notoriety of the Harkles, while other sources claim they were invited, but the BRF snubbed the Norwegians due to Prince Martha Louise's engagement to a shaman. Or perhaps this is a sign of the British Royal Family washing their hands completely of their European royal counterparts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54June 23, 2022 9:42 PM

Too bad she is a mousey brunette and not a blonde - isn't that what her country is known for?

by Anonymousreply 55June 23, 2022 10:03 PM

The working British royals have been scheduled for months in advance for Jubilee events in addition to their regular duties. There are still goodwill things happening because of the Jubilee, on a small scale. No doubt they received an invite and had to politely decline their Norwegian cousins.

I am almost certain there is NO bad will between King Harald and his cousin Queen Elizabeth whatsoever, and that it all comes down to a scheduling issue. Besides, did any British royals attend when Prince Haakon or Princess Martha Louise turned 18? It’s a lovely occasion and yes Ingrid is in line for the throne but her father is THE heir, first and foremost. Ingrid’s position is analogous to William’s position.

ps- I would imagine The Queen and The Prince of Wales sent a beautiful gift, maybe something like a rare book on Norway, a glass doo-dad for her desk from a very good English shop, and hand-signed photos of themselves in silver picture frames.

by Anonymousreply 56June 24, 2022 9:55 AM

Looking 31

by Anonymousreply 57June 24, 2022 10:39 AM

R57 is the resident octogenarian telling us he looks like a maiden twink

by Anonymousreply 58June 24, 2022 12:53 PM

I’m 24 not twink just small

by Anonymousreply 59June 25, 2022 2:17 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!