Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Well, now that the TV show "Bull" has been cancelled, can we talk about why Freddy Rodriguez was fired last year?

It was announced that the television show "Bull" has been cancelled after the show's star, Michael Weatherly, decided not to return after this season ended. Which made me wonder about the reason for Freddy Rodriguez's departure from the show last year. There was talk of an abusive environment on the set, but Freddy was never mentioned as the abusive cast member. Michael Weatherly, the show's star, was said to have "a habit of exaggerated eye-balling and leering at me; once, he leaned into my body and inhaled, smelling me in a dramatic swoon,” according to one of the show's guest stars, Eliza Dushku. "He was caught on tape, after I flubbed a line, he shouted in my face, 'I will take you over my knee and spank you like a little girl. ' “ So, who exactly is the villain in this scenario? Rodriguez, who was fired but has no abusive rumors surrounding him, or Weatherley, who was NOT fired but had someone come out on the record with complaints about his behavior?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 28, 2022 10:38 PM

Jesus Christ, this show somehow had 7 seasons and I had never heard of it!!

by Anonymousreply 1January 19, 2022 10:35 PM

Bull was actually a decent show during the few couple seasons, but became repetitive.

You have to wonder whether Weatherley "decided" not to come back or was told he wouldn't be welcome back.

by Anonymousreply 2January 19, 2022 10:35 PM

The showrunner was fired as well.

by Anonymousreply 3January 19, 2022 10:48 PM

You know, we should go back and review outtakes of all tv shows for signs of what could be considered offensive today when actors flub their lines and other castmembers lose their patience. it's likely rife with sexism, bigotry and language based violence.

by Anonymousreply 4January 19, 2022 10:52 PM

So disappointing, I like Bull and Weatherly (and Rodriguez).

by Anonymousreply 5January 19, 2022 10:56 PM

Maybe they should work it out on Dr.Phil.

by Anonymousreply 6January 19, 2022 10:59 PM

How did actors of the past cope with being humilitated and laughed at on set for a simple mistake. It's no wonder so many actors/actresses develop mental health and addiction problems. The industry is so full of bullying. My gawd, it's worse than school. The shame and trauma these poor hard working individuals must have felt. Momma always said "They're all going to laugh at you!" and she was right.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7January 19, 2022 11:01 PM

I worked with Geneva Carr in the past and she's an absolute joy to be around. Is she still on the show?

by Anonymousreply 8January 19, 2022 11:02 PM

I really wish that CBS would pull a Roseanne>The Connors with Bull>TAC.

The supporting cast is great and now that Geneva Carr has cleaned up her character's, Marissa's, personal life she is a strong character to take over TAC.

Replace Bull with a couple of Trial Science /FBI Profilers and voilà, another great show.

Weatherly is an asshole of mega proportions, it appears.

by Anonymousreply 9May 28, 2022 4:25 PM

One of my besties was on the jury in the last two episodes. Fun to see her!

by Anonymousreply 10May 28, 2022 4:38 PM

Lawsuit didn't help.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 28, 2022 10:26 PM

r11 I never liked Douche Coo.

by Anonymousreply 12May 28, 2022 10:38 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!