Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Keanu Reeves is 'embarrassed' by his fortune, gives money away

Keanu Reeves is one of the most generous actors in Hollywood, often using his estimated wealth of $315 million to serve others.

A family friend recently told The Post that the actor is "somewhat embarrassed" about how much money he has. However, Reeves has made efforts to share his good fortune.

"Keanu’s given away a lot of money and done a lot more for people than most will ever know," a family friend told The Post. "He knows how lucky he is. Unlike many Hollywood mega stars, he never takes any of this for granted."

Some say the actor is charitable after suffering many hardships in life.

Reeves grew up with an absent father who served time in prison for possession of drugs. He lost his best friend River Phoenix, who died of a drug overdose, in 1993.

Reeves and former girlfriend Jennifer Syme lost their daughter Ava, who was stillborn, in 1999. The couple split but reunited in 2001. Syme suffered from depression and died after driving her Jeep into a line of parked cars while intoxicated.

Reeves’ sister Kim was diagnosed with leukemia in 1991. The actor donated millions of dollars to cancer charities and even auctioned a date with himself.

His sister, who went into remission in 2010, described her brother as her "prince" to People.

The actor has been known for giving lavish gifts to his coworkers, even giving a set builder a $20,000 bonus when he was going through financial difficulties.

Reeves also gave 12 stuntmen on "The Matrix Reloaded" Harley-Davidson bikes, and he gifted the stuntmen on "John Wick 4" with Rolex Submariner watches with personalized inscriptions.

He even bought his mother Patricia Taylor a house before buying houses for himself and two of his sisters.

Reeves is considered by many to be one of the most kind-hearted and generous stars in Hollywood, making it his mission to be charitable to others.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24January 20, 2022 11:33 AM

Hey Kneau please toss some $ over here would you?

by Anonymousreply 1January 19, 2022 6:18 PM

It's funny that this thread appears above Farrah Abraham's. Two people who could not be more different.

I've always wondered how celebrities or very wealthy people in general feel about their fortunes. It's amazing to me how there are some who have more money than they could spend in multiple lifetimes, but still need/want more, More, MORE!

It's too bad he didn't have children. It's good people like him who should do the breeding, not Farrah Abraham-like creatures.

by Anonymousreply 2January 19, 2022 6:19 PM

I think one of the greatest joys of having a lot of money would be giving it away to those in need, especially animal shelters. You really can't take it with you, so you might as well do some good with it

by Anonymousreply 3January 19, 2022 6:36 PM

I love Keanu as a person. As an actor he's not a major thespian but he has impressed me in some things. I hated the new Matrix though. Tedious.

by Anonymousreply 4January 19, 2022 6:38 PM

He turns 58 this year. He’s an old man.

by Anonymousreply 5January 19, 2022 6:40 PM

He still looks good for 58

by Anonymousreply 6January 19, 2022 6:42 PM

He was almost believable as a Heterosexual doctor in Something's Got To Give.

by Anonymousreply 7January 19, 2022 6:43 PM

He’s more Christian than most American “Christians”.

by Anonymousreply 8January 19, 2022 6:52 PM

He was really beautiful in “My Own Private Idaho” and has such a shine to him. Ashton Kutcher also had this shine, I saw him across the street at Fashion Week and he was riveting.

by Anonymousreply 9January 19, 2022 6:55 PM

Cut or uncut though?

I got a glimpse of it but was not so sure.

by Anonymousreply 10January 19, 2022 7:01 PM

I wish he got married and had some kids. I think he would be a great dad.

by Anonymousreply 11January 19, 2022 7:07 PM

this is old news, no new information at all.

by Anonymousreply 12January 19, 2022 7:16 PM

He was fucked up for many, many years...drugs, booze etc...

by Anonymousreply 13January 19, 2022 7:17 PM

R121- I hope you mean to a MAN because Keanu is GAY.

by Anonymousreply 14January 19, 2022 7:57 PM

Sorry but my comment was meant for R11

by Anonymousreply 15January 19, 2022 7:58 PM

Keanu is one of the most talented actors ever. He also had a lot of pain and struggle throughout his life. Despite that, he has a good heart, which is hard to encounter in Hollywood. At a time when gay men were oppressed beyond belief, they identified with his struggles and he their's.

by Anonymousreply 16January 19, 2022 8:00 PM

Every actor is gay for R14 and 99% of men is also gay too.

by Anonymousreply 17January 19, 2022 8:01 PM

I love him. He's gay friendly and possibly bi. He can't act for shit though but he's nice to look at. In Dracula, I was so distracted by his beauty that his awful accent didn't bug him. A talented director can use him to his full advantage. Keanu was rough trade from a broken home who made it big and never forgot where he came from. He gives back which is commendable. His late-in-life success is good karma

by Anonymousreply 18January 19, 2022 8:03 PM

R16, damn, are you blind? Have you seen his movies? He is shit in them! He's only decent in the ones that he doesn't have to do a lot of talking.

He is very, very nice. That's why nobody will say anything bad about him.

by Anonymousreply 19January 19, 2022 8:03 PM

Keanu is beautiful and has a quiet affect. Since many directors are aesthetes so they will cast very attractive people with minimal talent.

by Anonymousreply 20January 19, 2022 8:09 PM

[quote] Keanu is one of the most talented actors ever. He also had a lot of pain and struggle throughout his life. Despite that, he has a good heart, which is hard to encounter in Hollywood. At a time when gay men were oppressed beyond belief, they identified with his struggles and he their's.

He identified with them because he's bisexual and slept with powerful gay men. He was smart to not bite the hand that fed him. I also respect him for how he responded to gay rumors by saying, "there's nothing with being gay, so to deny it is to make a judgment." He's a way better gay icon than most female pop stars who have done nothing for gays.

by Anonymousreply 21January 19, 2022 8:16 PM

[Quote] In Dracula, I was so distracted by his beauty that his awful accent didn't bug him.

I didn't mind his awful accent. That beastiality scene though....😬

by Anonymousreply 22January 20, 2022 11:00 AM

Could he give some money to a barber to tidy up that beard thing? Otherwise, perfection!

by Anonymousreply 23January 20, 2022 11:31 AM

^ I agree, a haircut, shave and shower would take 10 years off him

by Anonymousreply 24January 20, 2022 11:33 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!