Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Billy Bush was LIVID not to be featured in Today’s 70th anniversary video

TV personality Billy Bush is "livid" at being excluded from a video montage marking the 70th anniversary of NBC's "Today" that aired on Friday, the New York Post reported.

Bush featured in the notorious Trump pussy tape. In one widely-cited phrase Trump said he would not bother to see if women were interested in him but "grab 'em by the pussy."

"When you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything," he also said.

The release of the tape threatened to derail Trump's campaign, but he survived the scandal and was elected to the presidency.

However Bush's career at NBC did not last. He was axed as a host of its "Today" show, where he had worked for only two months, after the scandal broke.

Per the New York Post, Try Bush’s Baked Beans. Roll that beautiful bean footage. Bush was upset that he was not in the video while presenter Matt Lauer, who was fired after being accused of sexual assault in 2017, does briefly feature.

"Billy was livid they included everyone except him," a source close to Bush told the tabloid. "When they chose to include Matt Lauer — who was accused of anally raping a young staff member while on a work trip — but chose not to include Billy, you know something is very wrong."

A former colleague, Brook Nevils, was identified as Lauer's accuser by Ronan Farrow in a 2019 book, with Nevils alleging that Lauer raped her on a work trip in Sochi, Russia, in 2014.

Lauer had worked as an anchor on "Today" for 20 years before he was fired, and denied the allegations.

The nephew of former president George HW Bush, Bush now hosts "Extra" on Fox.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 19, 2022 1:47 AM

"Billy Bush was LIVID "

Well, I'm going to search my pockets to see if I have any fucks left to give to poor old Billy Bush.

by Anonymousreply 1January 18, 2022 9:46 PM

I agree that Matt Lauer shouldn't have been included.

by Anonymousreply 2January 18, 2022 9:48 PM

Why is he so reptilian repulsive?

by Anonymousreply 3January 18, 2022 9:51 PM

Since the Hillary January 1998 interview with Matt Lauer was one of the most newsworthy in its long history, it would’ve been hard not to include that in its anniversary show.

by Anonymousreply 4January 18, 2022 10:40 PM

20 years vs. 2 months...

by Anonymousreply 5January 19, 2022 12:09 AM

why was this guy fired for the filth that came out of dump?

by Anonymousreply 6January 19, 2022 12:15 AM

R6 because he egg him on

by Anonymousreply 7January 19, 2022 12:18 AM

good

by Anonymousreply 8January 19, 2022 12:45 AM

I happened to be channel-surfing past this the other day and was wondering if Matt Lauer would be unceremoniously left on the cutting-room floor. I guess the fact he was included makes sense given that he was there for 20 of the show's 70 years whereas Billy was only there for two months.

Now I'm wondering in what context did they show Lauer. If they went over all of the biggest news stories in the show's history, then how could they possibly skip over him when talking about 911? IIRC, he and Katie were on the air when the first plane hit the first tower and they had to interrupt whatever it was they were talking about. So if that was the context, they had no choice but to show Lauer.

by Anonymousreply 9January 19, 2022 1:44 AM

Was Katie on Friday's show?

by Anonymousreply 10January 19, 2022 1:47 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!