Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Elizabeth Taylor revealed James Dean was molested by his minister during a 1997 interview

She made Kevin Sessums promise not to publish her secret about Dean until the day she died.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103May 31, 2022 8:51 AM

Taylor drops that bomb and Sessums starts yapping about how he was obsessed with Dean and moved to study acting blah blah blah.

by Anonymousreply 1January 18, 2022 8:50 PM

R1 That seemed really insensitive.

by Anonymousreply 2January 18, 2022 8:51 PM

R2 What's truly insensitive is sharing someone else's sexual abuse history with a third party.

Can't Miss White Diamonds keep a fucking secret?

by Anonymousreply 3January 18, 2022 8:55 PM

Yes, Taylor was pretty pathetic dropping that piece of information and to such a lowlife...

by Anonymousreply 4January 18, 2022 8:56 PM

R3 I don’t see how it was insensitive of her. James Dean was long dead by then and no one would have known he was molested if it wasn’t for Liz.

by Anonymousreply 5January 18, 2022 8:56 PM

That cheatin' bitch broke up my family! I hope dad socked her one right in those blue eyes!

by Anonymousreply 6January 18, 2022 8:57 PM

OH MY GOD. Who cares?

by Anonymousreply 7January 18, 2022 8:57 PM

So you think child sexual abuse should be kept a secret, r3 and r4?

by Anonymousreply 8January 18, 2022 8:58 PM

Dean had a lot of pain in his life. I’m glad Taylor revealed this secret about him, otherwise it would have died with him.

by Anonymousreply 9January 18, 2022 8:59 PM

R8 Unwad your panties, cunt!

Abuse needs to be reported TO THE AUTHORITIES. It does no fucking good to report it to a blabbermouth queen of a reporter decades after the fact. Liz was just dripping gossip.

by Anonymousreply 10January 18, 2022 8:59 PM

R10 The thing is Liz alluded to Dean’s child molestation several different times before that interview with Sessums. That interview was the first time she said he was molested out loud.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 18, 2022 9:01 PM

[quote] molested

What kind of molested?

by Anonymousreply 12January 18, 2022 9:01 PM

He's dead, I'm not.

by Anonymousreply 13January 18, 2022 9:03 PM

R7 Monty threw up when he heard the news of Jimmy’s death!

by Anonymousreply 14January 18, 2022 9:03 PM

Your language, all-caps and exclamation point seem to point at your wadded panties, r10. Take some Nervine.

by Anonymousreply 15January 18, 2022 9:04 PM

Elizabeth Taylor called James Dean a gay man at the GLAAD awards but in this interview she says the exact opposite about his sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 16January 18, 2022 9:04 PM

Elizabeth Taylor molested me with her voice which sounded akin to the yell of a FISHWIFE!

by Anonymousreply 17January 18, 2022 9:05 PM

There was a thread about this already. And we have no proof that he was actually molested. There's a debate over whether that relationship with his Methodist minister was consensual and occurred during his teen years or whether it was grooming that occurred in his early childhood. I think James Dean was mostly fucked up because of his mother's death and his father's neglect and that's what made him so insecure, needy and constantly attaching himself to others like Brando, Clift, Liz Taylor, etc. He had abandonment and trust issues. His mother also appeared to be mentally unstable (most likely bipolar) and he inherited her condition.

by Anonymousreply 18January 18, 2022 9:05 PM

R18 Why would Liz say he was molested (and allude to it for several years) if she didn’t know it to be true?

by Anonymousreply 19January 18, 2022 9:07 PM

It's pathetic that Taylor was dropping that information as part of a chin wag.

by Anonymousreply 20January 18, 2022 9:08 PM

[Quote] that relationship with his Methodist minister was consensual

Are you kidding?!

by Anonymousreply 21January 18, 2022 9:08 PM

R19 Because she's a homewrecker, a liar, and a drunk. And now she's a corpse!

by Anonymousreply 22January 18, 2022 9:09 PM

This interviewer SUCKS. SUCKS. She drops that bombshell- no real follow up. This is awful.

by Anonymousreply 23January 18, 2022 9:11 PM

R21 I think people on here don’t want to believe this story because it perpetuates the stereotype that all bisexual or gay men were molested in their youth.

by Anonymousreply 24January 18, 2022 9:11 PM

Liz was still as straight woman. She liked gays as companion but she was still a product of the time and probably believed every gay man was molested in their youth as boys and their attraction was still a perversion albeit harmless.

by Anonymousreply 25January 18, 2022 9:11 PM

Why do we have this thread once a month? Some of you people seem to almost get off on child abuse.....

by Anonymousreply 26January 18, 2022 9:12 PM

R26 There’s finally audio of Liz saying Jimmy was molested. That’s why I created it.

by Anonymousreply 27January 18, 2022 9:13 PM

OMFG how many times can you OCD cryptkeepers discuss the same hoary stories about the same cast of characters?

by Anonymousreply 28January 18, 2022 9:13 PM

R24 I 100% believe it. I'd heard her say many times that they would have conversations into the night, and the next day he couldn't look at her because he'd "revealed too much."

That interviewer is the fucking worst. It's like he didn't even hear her.

by Anonymousreply 29January 18, 2022 9:13 PM

We know Brando was abused in his childhood because he admitted to it. The issue is Jimmy is dead and can't confirm this himself. He and Liz only knew each other for a brief time.

by Anonymousreply 30January 18, 2022 9:13 PM

Why is everyone ok with talking about Marilyn Monroe’s sexual abuse and how it impacted her life but not James Dean?

by Anonymousreply 31January 18, 2022 9:14 PM

Why did she say he was in love with women like Pier but call him gay at the GLAAD Awards? Did she forget or does she consider bisexual the same as gay or something?

by Anonymousreply 32January 18, 2022 9:18 PM

We discuss Liz as frequently and repetitiously as we discuss Vivien.

One was a trollop and the other was a star!

by Anonymousreply 33January 18, 2022 9:18 PM

Since the 1980s until her death, Elizabeth Taylor dedicated her life to AIDS causes. She accepted gay men during a time when we were shunned by society. Through her efforts, millions of lives were saved. She was a humanitarian.

by Anonymousreply 34January 18, 2022 9:21 PM

She says he hadn't decided.... Anyway, we don't know if he way gay or bi. We know with Rock Hudson.

by Anonymousreply 35January 18, 2022 9:22 PM

*was

by Anonymousreply 36January 18, 2022 9:22 PM

@r6, "That cheatin' bitch broke up my family! I hope dad socked her one right in those blue eyes!

—Carrie Fisher"

Carrie Fisher Tweeted on Elizabeth Taylor's death...

"... I would like to thank Elizabeth Taylor for getting Eddie Fisher out of our house"

by Anonymousreply 37January 18, 2022 9:26 PM

Liz is a humanitarian yes but she is far from perfect. We don't know much about James Dean. He is an enigma and so many people have claimed to know about his life despite only crossing paths with him briefly. He's basically like Jesus where everyone is creating this narrative over him and proclaiming their version as the gospel. And the fact of the matter is James Dean was reclusive, shy and avoided most of the Hollywood scene, he had a small group of friends and enjoyed his time in NYC or back home in Indiana than he did in LA.

by Anonymousreply 38January 18, 2022 9:27 PM

R31 Marilyn was much more social, a bigger celebrity who knew so many people in many industries and her life is very documented. James Dean was the opposite. He was heavily photographed yes but he was much more introverted and kept to himself, he was not big star when he died. Not many people in Hollywood knew him personally.

by Anonymousreply 39January 18, 2022 9:29 PM

He was an actor. Ain't all of em broke?

by Anonymousreply 40January 18, 2022 9:30 PM

Of course it was consensual!

by Anonymousreply 41January 18, 2022 9:32 PM

When I first arrived in LA circa 1992, the hottest sex was with young actors who had a James Dean complex. They were all masc, but willing to experiment. Skinny-ish but toned and smooth. Skater boys being the second hottest.

Fuck I miss the '90s.

by Anonymousreply 42January 18, 2022 9:36 PM

^ Yes, Avril, we know...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43January 18, 2022 9:39 PM

In the 1940s, a gay or bi men in a rural Bible-thumping setting are not going to have many options. If they can recognize each other and there is a mutual attraction, then things will happen regardless of the age gap. If Jimmy was a teenager, yes that's old enough to consent. Teens back then were working and getting married and high school was voluntary not expected.

by Anonymousreply 44January 18, 2022 9:40 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 45January 18, 2022 9:42 PM

R45 Yes and notice how it's only attractive actors and actresses they are allege were abused too. If these were ugly actors, nobody would accuse them of being abused as children. Even though abusers don't discriminate on physical attractiveness of their victims.

by Anonymousreply 46January 18, 2022 9:45 PM

Accuse? Elizabeth Taylor is a more credible source than your wacko ass.

by Anonymousreply 47January 18, 2022 9:48 PM

R38 Do you think Liz exaggerated her relationship with Jimmy because she was one of the few movie stars who knew him before he died?

by Anonymousreply 48January 18, 2022 10:07 PM

R48 Everyone else did because he became this pop culture legend after his death. She is not above everything.

by Anonymousreply 49January 18, 2022 10:09 PM

Why didn't Liz spill details about James' manhood? We had to hear the gory details about Monty's.

by Anonymousreply 50January 18, 2022 10:10 PM

James Dean seemed genuinely close with Eartha Kitt. She was planning to write a book about him in the 90s but it never ended up happening. I would’ve liked to read it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51January 18, 2022 10:11 PM

Because they didn't go beyond the "twinkle."

by Anonymousreply 52January 18, 2022 10:11 PM

A list of friend’s telephone phone numbers Dean had written down. Notice who is at the top.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53January 18, 2022 10:13 PM

According to Eartha, Jimmy didn’t enjoy working with Liz and Rock on Giant. He referred to them as surface actors.

by Anonymousreply 54January 18, 2022 10:16 PM

[quote] molested by his minister during a 1997 interview

Wasn't James Dean already dead in 1997? How could anybody molest him then? And if he was molested during an interview, surely there must be witnesses.

by Anonymousreply 55January 18, 2022 10:17 PM

Jimmy seemed to get along with Paul Newman too. Newman never talked much about him but mentioned him as a competitor and feeling guilty about taking his roles (Left Handed Gun, Somebody Up There Likes Me, etc) after his death. Dennis Hopper, Julie Harris and Sal Mineo were also on good terms with Jimmy.

by Anonymousreply 56January 18, 2022 10:18 PM

R56 Newman said in an interview that he believed Dean would’ve surpassed him and Brando had he lived.

by Anonymousreply 57January 18, 2022 10:20 PM

Liz Taylor was one of the most greatest actresses ever. She also had a lot of pain and struggle throughout her life. Despite that, she had a good heart, which is hard to encounter in Hollywood. At a time when gay men were oppressed beyond belief, they identified with her struggles and she theirs.

by Anonymousreply 58January 18, 2022 10:20 PM

[Quote] Liz Taylor was one of the most greatest actresses ever.

You write like you got your education in the MGM schoolhouse.

by Anonymousreply 59January 18, 2022 10:22 PM

OMG many of these are the exact same factoids and tidbits in the same words, as the last thread.

by Anonymousreply 60January 18, 2022 10:23 PM

James Dean's performances felt more real to me than Brando who just mumbled. Monty Clift was better than both though.

by Anonymousreply 61January 18, 2022 10:23 PM

R54 Dean could be really nasty towards people one day, then completely lovable towards them the next. Very much like a child. He was like this with Liz. She talked about how he’d walk past her on set some days, totally ignoring her, and then other days he would completely open his heart to her. He was not good at pretending to like people. If you look up his photos with Terry Moore, his disdain for her is apparent. However if you look up his photos with Liz, you can tell that he liked her very much.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62January 18, 2022 10:24 PM

Bravo and thank you R 34 Liz Taylor did more for the gay community than anyone else in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 63January 18, 2022 10:25 PM

Sounds less like a child and more bipolar maybe ADHD. Apparently he was an insomniac too.

by Anonymousreply 64January 18, 2022 10:26 PM

James Dean and Paul Newman were buddies...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65January 18, 2022 10:30 PM

Watching videos of him, how he talks, how he moves and then reading anecdotes about him. He definitely had emotional dysregulation, attachment issues, took many interests but got easily bored and changed hobbies, had mood swings, was an insomniac, his hypersexuality, took everything personally and got easily offended. He reminds me of an adult with untreated ADHD (I have it myself). He could have been bipolar too but he died pretty young before it got worse.

by Anonymousreply 66January 18, 2022 10:30 PM

And poor anal hygiene, which must be mentioned on every thread. Obligatory link to his NY garçonnière, which LACKED BATHING FACILITIES OF ANY KIND, quelle horreur!, when in fact 35% of us would have greedily licked clean his nicotine and shit perfumed rosebud.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67January 18, 2022 10:32 PM

R50 R67

Alice Denham spilled the tea in her memoir, Sleeping with Bad Boys: A Juicy Tell-All of Literary New York in the the 1950s and 1960s

Excerpts:

Before long we tumbled into each other’s arms easily, without haste, tasting and feeling. Jimmy had smooth baby-smelling rosy white skin with very little hair except for the blondish-brown pad around his privates. He was lightly muscled, his high school sports muscles turning into longer slimmer dance muscles because he studied ballet. Jimmy smelled like vanilla.

“You’re so huge for a small girl,” he said. Jimmy was a tit man and he lived to nuzzle. As a tit lady, my ravenous paid loved it back. We fingered and tugged. Then went to the core of the plot, the confrontation that twisted with escalating tension to the gory grinding climax. Me first, he was skilled. Satisfied, we folded together briefly.

I never thought of sleeping with a man as starting an affair. I was testing, testing. Checking out his priapic prowess, his real “feel” toward me and sex and women. Jimmy Dean was tender and affectionate. We were lusty; we fit. His dimensions were neither disappointing nor thrilling. They were average, perhaps the only thing about him that was.

One writer, Paul Alexander, reprinted a nude shot of a young man, supposedly James Dean, in a tree stroking his erection. The instant I saw it I knew it wasn’t Jimmy. Jimmy’s penis was not that long. His was a perfectly acceptable medium length. Jimmy didn’t have a dark thatch of pubic hair but rather a soft light brown muff. He had more chest and shoulders, a more masculine body. That photo, oddly enough, is the only one without a photographer’s credit.

by Anonymousreply 68January 18, 2022 10:35 PM

R66 It explains why so many people hated him or thought he was crazy.

by Anonymousreply 69January 18, 2022 10:39 PM

Oh shit, I really enjoyed my fantasy that James was grody. But, is this a TRUSTWORTHY memorist!? Hmmm?

by Anonymousreply 70January 18, 2022 10:40 PM

R70 I think she is but I enjoyed her memoir so I may be biased. She also has a passage about Jimmy tearing up because Marlon wouldn’t talk to him on the phone that made me lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71January 18, 2022 10:42 PM

The poor thing idolized Marlon and Marlon basically didn’t give a fuck about him when he was alive. I wish Jimmy had the ability back in the 50s to look into the future and see how Marlon aged and what a nutcase he became.

by Anonymousreply 72January 18, 2022 10:44 PM

Paul Newman would have been a better mentor for Jimmy than Brando who was a self-important ass and Clift who was mentally unstable and wasting away.

by Anonymousreply 73January 18, 2022 10:45 PM

James and Paul would have been a hot fuck. Brass tacks.

by Anonymousreply 74January 18, 2022 10:46 PM

If only OP waited until March to post this thread he could have timed it to the eleventh anniversary of this similar thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75January 18, 2022 10:50 PM

It's debatable over whether Marlon fucked Jimmy or not. Marlon hating Jimmy and seeing him as a copycat would not rule out the possibility. As annoying as he could have been, Jimmy was a good-looking young man with a nice fuckable ass and I'm sure humongous slut Marlon took notice.

by Anonymousreply 76January 18, 2022 10:50 PM

R73 I agree. Paul was respectful towards James whenever he spoke about him too, unlike Marlon. I’m looking forward to his posthumous memoir.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77January 18, 2022 10:51 PM

R74 Imagine them in Call Me By Your Name. Would’ve been way better (and hotter) than Chalamet and Hammer.

by Anonymousreply 78January 18, 2022 10:51 PM

Also Liz: "Michael Jackson is the least weird man I know!".

by Anonymousreply 79January 18, 2022 10:52 PM

James Dean and his story will always amaze me. He was so ahead of his time and experienced so much at just 24 years old. Here he is pulling a gun on Ronald Reagan in The Dark, Dark Hours.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80January 18, 2022 11:06 PM

This screentest with Dean, Natalie Wood and Sal Mineo is shockingly homoerotically charged. It's a million times better than what is in the cut of the movie, where they gay angle was played way down.

I love this. Sal is in pure puppy love.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81January 18, 2022 11:07 PM

R80 seeing Ronald Reagan and James Dean act together is like seeing strange 20th century fanfic.

by Anonymousreply 82January 18, 2022 11:09 PM

R82 It’s surreal to watch.

by Anonymousreply 83January 18, 2022 11:10 PM

R81 I love that screen test. So sad they all died so tragically.

by Anonymousreply 84January 18, 2022 11:11 PM

James Dean in a wardrobe test for East of Eden with Lois Smith, who is still alive at 91 and recently won her first Tony.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85January 18, 2022 11:13 PM

R84 the beautiful people.

by Anonymousreply 86January 18, 2022 11:19 PM

If James Dean was molested by his minister during a 1997 interview there *must* be a record of it, plus that means that his minister is a NECROPHILIAC!!

by Anonymousreply 87January 18, 2022 11:19 PM

Sal Mineo is associated with the 1950s with blue jeans, white tees and leather jackets but he lived into the mid-1970s and grew out the sideburns and long hair and wore the leisure suits and tinted glasses. Just like Elvis. It's interesting to see how James Dean and Marilyn Monroe would have looked in the 1970s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88January 18, 2022 11:19 PM

Marilyn would have looked like Mamie Van Doren or Barbara Nichols.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89January 18, 2022 11:22 PM

R81 I wouldn’t say the gay angle in Rebel Without a Cause was played down. It’s really daring especially for its time.

Fun fact: Dean got to watch Rebel Without a Cause during a sneak preview about a month before he died.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90January 18, 2022 11:24 PM

R81 after the scene, when they all are just standing next to each other, goofing off, it made me tear up. The way Dean pays equal, romantic seeming attention to both Judy and Plato is really a beautiful gay fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 91January 18, 2022 11:24 PM

It's so obvious Plato in Rebel Without A Cause was gay. He had a picture of a handsome male actor in his school locker.

by Anonymousreply 92January 18, 2022 11:25 PM

One of James Dean’s close friends Lew Bracker is still alive. I believe he’s 94.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93January 18, 2022 11:26 PM

R93 He’s active on Twitter too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94January 18, 2022 11:27 PM

“It's hard to talk about certain people, because you remember the friend you loved, and people want a myth or a sermon or a parable. Jimmy wasn't a parable or a myth: He was my friend, and I loved him. His death was tragic, but he was not. He had no more problems than anyone on the face of the planet, but his were broadcast, written about, analyzed, laughed about. We wanted to know more about him because we loved him, not because we wanted him to be a lesson or a warning. I heard they were talking about his death in churches as a warning against success, excess, believing too much in yourself. I think a church worth a damn would have been praising God for making such a beautiful, talented man. I think a church worth a damn would have told us to live fully and with love because everything can be snatched away in a second, in a ball of twisted iron and steel and blood. I'll talk about the man I loved, but I'm not going to talk about what people think they know about Jimmy.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95January 19, 2022 11:02 PM

[Quote] I'll talk about the man I loved, but I'm not going to talk about what people think they know about Jimmy.”

That statement is rathr in contrast to her little chat with Kevin Sessions.

by Anonymousreply 96January 19, 2022 11:13 PM

R53, Earl Holliman is on that list. I wonder if they hooked up

by Anonymousreply 97February 11, 2022 12:56 AM

This was already written about years ago in the Dean bio Boulevard of Broken Dreams. It's not new info

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98February 11, 2022 12:57 AM

More than buddies, R65, and I ought to know because I'd had them both - together during the same encounter.

by Anonymousreply 99February 11, 2022 1:30 AM

Paul Newman was bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 100February 11, 2022 1:43 AM

Newman had gay face for days.

by Anonymousreply 101February 11, 2022 8:20 PM

I believe her.

by Anonymousreply 102May 31, 2022 8:41 AM

But was it rape rape? Where’s Oleebia when we really need her!

by Anonymousreply 103May 31, 2022 8:51 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!