Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What work did Chris Evans have?

He looks so different

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93March 20, 2022 4:25 PM

His face looks fuller/fatter now so I don't know that it's due to "work" vs. aging, not being in as lean

by Anonymousreply 1January 18, 2022 6:59 PM

He looks fatter and middle-aged on the right.

by Anonymousreply 2January 18, 2022 7:06 PM

He had his eyes moved.

by Anonymousreply 3January 18, 2022 7:17 PM

You must take into account that in the photo on the right, he has been photoshopped beyond anything imaginable. Still, R1 and R2 are right: having a fuller face as you age prevents you from looking haggard (that is one of the reason why people have fillers injected), and he obviously has the best trainers, dietitians and beauticians/stylists at his disposal. Combine that with not drinking/smoking too often, no hard drugs, very little stress and subtle plastic surgery, and you have someone who will age extremely well.

If he has had any work done, it has been done by an excellent surgeon who took extreme care not to change his features. Maybe he's had a thread lift, since both his eyes and cheeks look higher, tighter and smoother than when he was 30?

by Anonymousreply 4January 18, 2022 7:19 PM

He used to be one of my top celebs I wanted to have sex with (pre Captain America when he still had hairy chest and was muscly and lean not overbuilt) but now I don't find him sexy :(

by Anonymousreply 5January 18, 2022 7:21 PM

That’s a pretty old photo on the left, OP.

by Anonymousreply 6January 18, 2022 7:24 PM

Agree with the replies above, he’s less lean in the second picture which makes his face look fuller, but that’s a positive as you get older.

I don’t think he’s had any surgery. Maybe some light Botox and other minimal work like micro needling and lasers that promote skin tightening and collagen productions.

I’d also guess that as a result of all the super hero training he closely monitors his hormone levels. Maybe not on TRT since he doesn’t want to shut down endogenous testosterone production but maybe soms peptides to induce his body to produce Testosterone and Growth Hormone on its own.

by Anonymousreply 7January 18, 2022 7:27 PM

Has he been shirtless outside of Marvel in the last few years?

by Anonymousreply 8January 18, 2022 7:27 PM

Yes, he looks like a paint by numbers though

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 18, 2022 7:36 PM

Thanks R9! I like his body back to normal hot not over steroided. But he looks like he's still trimming his chest

by Anonymousreply 10January 18, 2022 8:04 PM

He got fat.

by Anonymousreply 11January 18, 2022 9:34 PM

[quote] Combine that with not drinking/smoking too often, no hard drugs,

There have been persistent rumors about his hard drug use over the years.

by Anonymousreply 12January 18, 2022 9:43 PM

In Knives Out he looked very plastic to the point of distraction. I’m surprised it wasn’t mentioned more. In real life he looks fine.

by Anonymousreply 13January 28, 2022 4:47 AM

Nose job, hair plugs, dye job, regular microdermabrasions.

by Anonymousreply 14January 28, 2022 4:50 AM

[quote]Combine that with not drinking/smoking too often, no hard drugs,

Hahahaha! You obviously don't know anything.

by Anonymousreply 15January 28, 2022 5:01 AM

He strikes me as a cokehead

by Anonymousreply 16January 28, 2022 5:03 AM

He was so obviously coked out at some Marvel event that he was rushed out the back door to a waiting car and sent home. He got his ass handed to him afterwards by TPTB.

by Anonymousreply 17January 28, 2022 5:11 AM

10 years ago I thought he was gorgeous now I think he's lowkey ugly

by Anonymousreply 18January 28, 2022 5:20 AM

He aged 10 years

by Anonymousreply 19January 28, 2022 5:20 AM

I think he got fillers which make his eyes look too tiny.

by Anonymousreply 20January 28, 2022 5:24 AM

His eyes no longer droop down. His eyebrows also no longer curve around down. His facial hair is fuller.

by Anonymousreply 21January 28, 2022 5:36 AM

HAIR: left photo looks like he's trying to camouflage a receding hairline. Hair is all spiked up with gel except for two pieces on the sides of his forehead which flop downwards to hide the recessions. Photo on right: he probably got some plugs put into the receding areas. Probably dyed now, as well. He should be graying a little by now.

FOREHEAD: Botoxed. Skin in general: lots of dermatological procedures.

EYES: left photo, the outer corners of his eyes point downwards. Right photo: outer corners lifted.

NOSE: little bit washed out in photo # 2. But compare the nostrils in each photo: different. Photo on right: got the sides of his nose shaved down to be less bulbous and amorphous (like on the left).

LIPS: bottom lip in left photo looks like there's an implant in there. Less apparent in the right photo.

by Anonymousreply 22January 28, 2022 5:37 AM

like Ryan Gosling and Reynolds he's had a rhinoplasty

by Anonymousreply 23January 28, 2022 5:45 AM

He hasn’t had any work. Just looks like middle aged spread is starting. Other than that he is still fetching as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 24January 28, 2022 5:47 AM

His tubes tied.

by Anonymousreply 25January 28, 2022 5:47 AM

He had a cloacaplasty.

by Anonymousreply 26January 28, 2022 5:56 AM

Gained weight, may have cut back on drinking/drugging/smoking.

by Anonymousreply 27January 28, 2022 5:59 AM

Aging must be so hard when you looked so perfect at 30. At 40 he looks better than most 25 year olds, but I'm sure he can tell the difference and it's hard psychologically.

by Anonymousreply 28January 28, 2022 6:16 AM

Well, he’s no Ryan Philippe.

by Anonymousreply 29January 28, 2022 6:18 AM

There is something about him that I like that has nothing to do with what he looks like. I don't know why, but I feel as if he would be a solid and appreciative friend.

And he was so sort of sad and beautiful as Captain America.

by Anonymousreply 30January 28, 2022 6:42 AM

Looks like he had a nose job, which makes him more feminine-looking.

by Anonymousreply 31January 28, 2022 6:44 AM

which is a shame bc his nose was perfect to me. Masculine and beautifully shaped.

by Anonymousreply 32January 28, 2022 7:30 AM

Definitely used some sort of manure on his face to get all that facial hair to grow. His beard’s all scraggly on the left, but lusciously full on the right.

by Anonymousreply 33January 28, 2022 7:42 AM

Less cocaine, more whiskey.

by Anonymousreply 34January 28, 2022 7:49 AM

He should change his name to Ken Evans.

by Anonymousreply 35January 28, 2022 8:12 AM

In the left photo he seems overly groomed (eyebrows for example), smoothed and puffy.

[Quote]Well, he’s no Ryan Philippe.

And that's a bad thing R29?

by Anonymousreply 36January 28, 2022 8:25 AM

Looks the same to me, just older.

by Anonymousreply 37January 28, 2022 8:27 AM

He looks better with stubble rather than a full beard. But I find that true of many guys. He’s maybe had a bit of Botox, like everyone and their auntie’s cat in America. He looks good though.

by Anonymousreply 38January 28, 2022 8:30 AM

Nose job

by Anonymousreply 39January 28, 2022 8:40 AM

He’s started dyeing his facial hair.

by Anonymousreply 40January 28, 2022 8:53 AM

an eyelift -- if you note pics before. he developed permanent bags. like lovehandles that shit is near impossible to get rid of when it gets that bad.

nosejob is obvious. flares too high, nose too thin. midlife crisis, because all this looks more like he's trying get back to 19 than just ten years ago.

fillers, ballooning or implant above the cheeks - could just be subderm scarring, I guess, either way, there's something fucky between the outer points of his eyes to his earlobes and well, the rest of the face. not just fat/thin. unnatural creases when he smiles. check 360/profile/angled shots.

even in his younger days his hairline was pretty high... so, either bad plugs or someone did a tug and pull job on a sectional facelift. guess it's possible he's using a hair replacement system, somewhat inclined to think so with all the fuckery going on with his face because that shit ain't gonna hold.

wtf is with all these celebrities and getting really bad work done? is it by choice to look this tragic?

by Anonymousreply 41January 28, 2022 9:09 AM

Obviously had work done because anyone can tell when someone no longer looks natural after a certain age. Also he dyes his beard (and probably his hair) but the dyed beard just looks gross and weird for some reason. Too dark but also - it never looks good on anyone.

by Anonymousreply 42January 28, 2022 9:47 AM

I think it's mainly just being 10 years older. If he's done anything it's only light cosmetic treatments, I don't think he's had anything surgical. He is and always has been a gorgeous man.

by Anonymousreply 43January 28, 2022 9:57 AM

Heard he's dating a 20 something with the initials AB. Does anybody know who that is? I've no intention to listen to that podcast to find out. Why do all middle-aged actors start dating 20 yo women eventually? It's so embarrassing. That fat slob LeoD looked so ridiculous with his 23yo girlfriend on his beach vacation.

by Anonymousreply 44January 28, 2022 10:06 AM

From 2019 Red Sea Diving Resort. Fist time I realized Chris Evans was GD gorgeous. MCU doesn’t exactly allow their characters ooze sex.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45January 28, 2022 10:26 AM

^^to ooze

by Anonymousreply 46January 28, 2022 10:29 AM

Why do all middle-aged actors start dating 20 yo women eventually? It's so embarrassing. That fat slob LeoD looked so ridiculous with his 23yo girlfriend on his beach vacation.

Because they can. Because younger women are hotter. That's why older women try to look like younger women. Movie stars are rich and famous and often ridiculously good looking. They can get these women and they might as well go for it if they can.

by Anonymousreply 47January 28, 2022 10:38 AM

You can’t really use a red carpet snap from 15 years ago and a recent magazine cover as a basis for a discussion about work done. He’s always been beautiful, I think he’s sexier as he ages.

by Anonymousreply 48January 28, 2022 10:48 AM

Eyebrow ends were trimmed, his face is fuller and beard is different - fuller and neater. Nose looks more sculpted on the right but that could be due to the extent of his smile or camera angle. Still a handsome dude.

by Anonymousreply 49January 28, 2022 11:02 AM

There's something about the growth pattern of his beard that looks different.

Look around his mouth where there is and isn't growth.

I guess he's had to change his beard over the years...

by Anonymousreply 50January 28, 2022 11:12 AM

R48 Why can't you?

by Anonymousreply 51January 28, 2022 11:28 AM

Gentleman, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. Better then he was before. Better! - Stronger! - Faster!

by Anonymousreply 52January 28, 2022 12:07 PM

While R51 probably knows the answer already, I’ll explain: 1) faces change with age and 2) magazine cover photos are notoriously manipulated to show the subject at their best or worst.

If you want to make a case that he’s had significant work done, find two photos taken in similar circumstances and at similar ages. It’s not like there aren’t 10s of 1000s of photos of Chris Evans available for comparison.

by Anonymousreply 53January 28, 2022 12:43 PM

"Before" hair transplant photo, sides of bangs combed down to hide bald spots.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54January 28, 2022 3:16 PM

Nose job, yes.

Could be fillers in temples, making face look wider & eyes look smaller.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55January 28, 2022 3:22 PM

He's definitely had all the laser resurfacing stuff that everybody in LA gets.

by Anonymousreply 56January 28, 2022 5:06 PM

I heard from someone last year that he had gotten Botox. I don’t think he’s had any plastic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 57January 28, 2022 5:13 PM

Nose hair electrolysis, colored contacts, and a few sessions with a sexagenarian Belarusian masseuse/chiropractrix.

by Anonymousreply 58January 28, 2022 5:20 PM

I don't know why it is so hard to believe that celebrities get plastic surgery. It should actually be refreshing to know that they've had surgery. It makes more sense than wondering why normal people can't look "fresher" than they did ten years ago.

by Anonymousreply 59January 28, 2022 7:19 PM

He doesn't REALLY look any different. Face is fatter, he's attempting to sit up straight, he patted on some cheap cologne.

by Anonymousreply 60January 28, 2022 7:44 PM

Very basic snorting

by Anonymousreply 61January 28, 2022 7:46 PM

R57 Do you need glasses? Look at R55 It's as plain as the nose on his face

by Anonymousreply 62January 28, 2022 8:19 PM

From r55's link, he definitely had his nose shaved down a bit. Personally, I think his original nose looked better.

by Anonymousreply 63January 28, 2022 8:36 PM

original nose was definitely better. he still had it up until 2014 ish bc I remember side profile shots and I always liked his nose.

by Anonymousreply 64January 29, 2022 7:47 AM

It looks like he had a nose job but honestly it doesn't seem like much else other than some good skin care treatments. I don't think he has hair plugs or anything like that. His hairline has noticeably receded and at the right angle you can see how thin his hair is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65January 30, 2022 2:20 AM

Chris Evans smoking is one of the sexiest things I've ever seen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66January 30, 2022 2:27 AM

Oh, my stars, he looks so awful now!!! Hideous!!!

by Anonymousreply 67January 30, 2022 2:34 AM

R66 It's the shoulders. Makes anything he does with his arms/hands look hot. His body is insane.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68January 30, 2022 2:36 AM

He is almost a ginger. No thank you to that extra pale thin skin.

by Anonymousreply 69January 30, 2022 2:41 AM

r68 shame about his skinny calves

by Anonymousreply 70January 30, 2022 2:42 AM

Skinny calves? "Almost" a ginger? Oh no he's not hot anymore!

It's no wonder so many of you are alone and miserable.

by Anonymousreply 71January 30, 2022 3:00 AM

I find this iteration forgettably bland, without any striking feature, like his name. "Chris." Can there be found a more generic, a more "Dollar Tree" name?

Not "Christopher." Not "Christian." And decidedly not "Christophe." Just the truncated, boring, nom de le rien "Chris."

Chris Evans, Lord of the "I Get Him Confused With" kingdom.

by Anonymousreply 72January 30, 2022 2:43 PM

He should have taken his mothers name for a stage name, Chris Capuano

God that’s sexy

by Anonymousreply 73January 30, 2022 2:45 PM

Too ethnic r73

by Anonymousreply 74January 30, 2022 3:12 PM

Thin legs though. Hot, but only from the waist up.

by Anonymousreply 75January 30, 2022 4:28 PM

His face always makes me think of an under developed fetus.

by Anonymousreply 76January 30, 2022 8:30 PM

Chris is hot. Beard and no beard. Younger and older. Face and body.

by Anonymousreply 77January 30, 2022 11:42 PM

He's from my area (greater Boston) and he reminds me a particular type of guy who only seems to exist here, as far as I've ever noticed. I like the looks of this type of guy but not the personality.

by Anonymousreply 78January 31, 2022 12:23 AM

Not gonna name any names but there is a condition called cocaine skull and Whitney got it too in 1993 unfortunately. At one point people just need to stop... sad.

by Anonymousreply 79March 1, 2022 12:02 PM

R23 They look both worse afterwards. Like Barbies dolls.

by Anonymousreply 80March 1, 2022 12:05 PM

R25 Trust me, it's better this way. But he should be aware that vasectomies can fail at any time randomly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81March 1, 2022 12:14 PM

He's had semen injections

by Anonymousreply 82March 1, 2022 12:38 PM

R82 We are not talking about how he got his first movie roles.

by Anonymousreply 83March 1, 2022 12:47 PM

Exactly, R83. We're talking about what work he got as opposed to how he got work.

by Anonymousreply 84March 1, 2022 5:45 PM

Before the alleged surgeries he looked like William Baldwin. Maybe he wants to be remembered as someone unique rather than a 2010's version of someone that already existed?

by Anonymousreply 85March 20, 2022 8:44 AM

Red carpet photos and other candids are better for seeing people as they look since they tend not to be photoshopped.

I am hardly an expert, but I don't see evidence of anti-aging surgeries.

I do see evidence of laser resurfacing (which I have had done for acne scars and which is pretty routine among celebs as a preservative), facial fillers in his cheek and nasolabial area and I'd guess he also has had judiciously applied Botox, leaving an area of his forehead with fine lines so that he doesn't appear too much like a Mme Toussaud's figure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86March 20, 2022 8:59 AM

He is a Zaddy now. So he has picked up a little weight which accounts for the fuller looking face. No matter how fit you are, everyone's face starts to fill out in their forties. It is impossible to look like you did when you were 30. He definitely had some Botox. Otherwise the Irish in him would have him looking like a prune by now. You can already see the wrinkles starting to form in his forehead when he was 30. Now his forehead is completely smooth? Hmm.

The nose is a lot more pointed so he has definitely had a nose job. The eyes look amazing for a 40 year old - like he's never had a late night in his life. So yeah, definitely had his eyes done. A 40 year old is not gonna necessarily have full luggages under his eyes, but this guy doesn't have the hint of ever having bags under his eyes. Plus he is part Irish!!!

Also he is either wearing a full face of make up and/or the photo is photo-shopped or air brushed to hell. No Dr. can make your skin THAT MUCH tighter at 40 than 30!

All in all he has done well. I think he looks great! All the decisions he made were good ones and will give him a good ten more years of looking like a super hero. BUT, no more work Chris! We don't wanna see you looking like Burt Reynolds or Kenny Rogers who both destroyed their looks with too much plastic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 87March 20, 2022 9:16 AM

R13 I agree. I watched it mainly for Craig but I noticed the same thing. Evans didnt look old, but gave a hint of uncanny valley sometimes. I can't imagine he had so unflattering procedures done. Post-production?

by Anonymousreply 88March 20, 2022 10:06 AM

R87 zaddy = gen z daddy?

by Anonymousreply 89March 20, 2022 10:14 AM

In the OP photo to the right, it looks like he has a thick matte foundation covering his face and making it look flat and cardboardy. More variation in tone and texture makes him look more normal in the one to the left.

by Anonymousreply 90March 20, 2022 10:20 AM

It's called Ageing. Get used to it. We are all getting older with each and every passing year...

by Anonymousreply 91March 20, 2022 10:20 AM

R91 not me coz I don't do cocaine

by Anonymousreply 92March 20, 2022 10:29 AM

r87 "but he's Irish!" is posting from 1965.

by Anonymousreply 93March 20, 2022 4:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!