Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Mom Allegedly Faked 12-Year-Old Autistic Son's Death & Left Him Stranded In Motel Room Alone

A woman in Tennessee was arrested after allegedly faking the death of her 12-year-old autistic son and reportedly leaving him in a motel room.

The woman, who police identified as 39-year-old Vanessa Blanchard, is facing charges in the city of Clarksville, Tennessee for contributing to the delinquency of a minor and giving a “false impression of death” according to local TV news reports.

According to an arrest warrant in the case first obtained by local outlet WKRN, Blanchard was first approached in late October by a school resource officer from her son’s middle school who was inquiring about his absence from class. At that point, Blanchard allegedly told the officer that her son “died from a seizure two days earlier.”

Now, police know that was not the case, but at the time, the news stunned the boy’s classmates. A parent of another student in the class, Alicia Maslo, explained how awful the (now known as false) report of the child’s death was for the other kids:

“The kids were so upset the teachers were crying on the phone to the parent. My son came home bawling his eyes out, hugging me, talking about how he couldn’t believe he was gone. He was like, ‘I just saw him, I don’t understand why he’s gone.'”

OMG…

After the school heard about the boy’s alleged death, his classmates started to raise money to pay for his funeral at a local mortuary. School officials eventually contacted the funeral home to donate the funds, but Blanchard’s ruse was discovered after the funeral home reported they had never heard of the boy, and no funeral arrangements had been made. The school supposedly then reached out to Blanchard, who told them that the boy’s autopsy was “still pending.”

The case came to a head more than two weeks later, on November 16, when the boy’s school-issued laptop was discovered to be active at a local motel in the Clarksville area. When police arrived at the motel to see what was going on, they discovered the boy alive and alone inside a motel room, according to WSMV.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 19, 2022 6:12 AM

The world of het'rosexuals is a sick and boring life.

by Anonymousreply 1January 18, 2022 6:54 PM

Can I do this with my weirdo son, too?

Asking for a friend.

by Anonymousreply 2January 18, 2022 8:08 PM

Messy.

by Anonymousreply 3January 18, 2022 8:11 PM

Did the 12 yr old Artistic boy take the "LAST TRAIN TO CLARKSVILLE"& did someone meet him at the station?

by Anonymousreply 4January 19, 2022 4:01 AM

sounds like a plan...

by Anonymousreply 5January 19, 2022 4:12 AM

It's reminiscent of this story (from six years ago) out of Philadelphia, OP. The victim in this case was a twenty-one year old non-verbal quadriplegic with Cerebral Palsy. If these people can't take care of their children, they need to find people who can and will.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6January 19, 2022 5:47 AM

Reminds me of cancer mom in ny — it all came to a head when they held that fateful spaghetti dinner:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7January 19, 2022 6:03 AM

Oh Fank You Mama, you fixded my death!

by Anonymousreply 8January 19, 2022 6:12 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!