Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Does Your Boss Regularly Compliment Your Work?

I have a few different people who I report to at my work. Whenever I receive positive feedback from a supervisor on my work, it does make my day better and give me extra motivation. I had a client presentation today and my boss emailed me after to tell me it was excellent. It definitely meant a lot to me that my hard work was recognized. Does your boss give you good feedback on a regular basis? Do you feel like it helps you when they do? If you dont receive compliments on your work, do you feel like it would help you to receive them?

by Anonymousreply 12January 18, 2022 10:02 PM

After his weekly blowjob, you bet!

by Anonymousreply 1January 18, 2022 6:06 PM

Yes, and it’s convinced me to do the same when I can. I used to be more of a Don Draper “that’s what the money is for!” person, but it does feel great to have someone acknowledge your work, plus it lets you know what work of yours is particularly effective.

by Anonymousreply 2January 18, 2022 6:06 PM

I try to give praise and thanks to my team, but not excessively so it feels false or loses meaning.

by Anonymousreply 3January 18, 2022 6:09 PM

That is how I feel, R2! It is a good learning experience for me in my own management role when I see things my supervisors do that help positively motivate my own performance

by Anonymousreply 4January 18, 2022 6:09 PM

Exactly, R3. If it were over the top or excessive it would ring false

by Anonymousreply 5January 18, 2022 6:10 PM

Talk is cheap. I'd rather have a raise or a bonus day off with pay.

by Anonymousreply 6January 18, 2022 6:12 PM

Agreed, R6. You are so right — money talks and bullshit walks. But in my day to day performance I do notice positive feedback gives me an extra boost.

by Anonymousreply 7January 18, 2022 6:13 PM

Yes, and I do the same for co-workers and subordinates.

by Anonymousreply 8January 18, 2022 6:24 PM

Yes, very much so. The organization where I work's culture is that way. Also, thank you's. Even what should be criticism is done in a very positive manner. It's the nicest work environment I have ever worked in and definitely makes me both more aware of how I treat people and want to do my best at work. My boss is retiring and because of past experiences elsewhere I was initially VERY stressed out but calmed down once I realized it's not just my boss that's nice, it's company culture.

by Anonymousreply 9January 18, 2022 6:31 PM

Compliment? What's that? I cannot wait to leave - it is going to take her 9 months to grasp everything I do. Of course, she is also looking for a year's notice...

by Anonymousreply 10January 18, 2022 7:21 PM

I am sorry, R10. Better days ahead

by Anonymousreply 11January 18, 2022 9:55 PM

How many remember the "My boss is Jewish carpenter" bumpersticker? Hurlsville. The sooner one realizes your boss is NOT your friend, but they are your enemy, the more things in general will make sense.

by Anonymousreply 12January 18, 2022 10:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!