Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Oprah's Property Portfolio

It's nice being wealthy.

If I were this rich I think I would buy a beautiful, private island.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61January 23, 2022 8:58 AM

Today’s American society. Some have so much and some have so little. Do all these houses just sit empty all year?

by Anonymousreply 1January 18, 2022 1:13 PM

I can't even fathom spending 100 million on a home even if I was that rich... It would be OBSCENE to me, especially when it's NOT like I got filthy rich by curing cancer or creating world peace!....To me, this is mental illness of some sort.

by Anonymousreply 2January 18, 2022 1:18 PM

There's no way she's actually using all these places. My guess is that she owns them and either rents them out as a business, thus being able to write off any "loses" in projected revenue, or they're used for family/friends. I'm guessing she's not going skiing a whole lot and when you have mansions in Montecito AND Hawaii, I can't see any desire or need to go hang out on an island in beautiful but constantly cloudy Washington. I wouldn't doubt her to be ostentatious enough to have all these things sitting empty, but she's intelligent and likely has purchased most of them for specific reasons.

I would be miserable living in that giant Montecito mansion. Nothing about that place looks "homey", and the upkeep would be miserable and an unnecessary financial drain. I sometimes wonder if the very mega-wealthy have certain homes they publicize as their "primary estate" that they really don't live-in full-time but want it to seem that way for security and privacy reasons.

by Anonymousreply 3January 18, 2022 1:25 PM

Does Oprah actually ski?

by Anonymousreply 4January 18, 2022 1:27 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 5January 18, 2022 1:28 PM

If I had this much money, ... I would build an opera house!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6January 18, 2022 1:37 PM

That tilted tree makes me very nervous.

by Anonymousreply 7January 18, 2022 1:41 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 8January 18, 2022 1:43 PM

[quote] Does Oprah actually ski?

She and Chrissy Metz tear up the slopes together while Stedman sips hot cocoa in the lodge.

by Anonymousreply 9January 18, 2022 1:52 PM

Oprah's into collecting stuff -- remember her interest in Shaker furniture -- and buying houses is just an extension of that interest. She enjoys looking at properties and buying a few and decorating them up, giving her someplace to put all that Shaker furniture.

by Anonymousreply 10January 18, 2022 2:00 PM

Liebst du, r6!

by Anonymousreply 11January 18, 2022 2:14 PM

Who SAYS she doesn't own an island? She probably does.

by Anonymousreply 12January 18, 2022 2:16 PM

Oprah's wealth is nothing compared to the Bezos, Musks and Zuckerberg types whose net worth is a mind-boggling 100 billion+ . It's hard to grasp just how obscenely rich they are, no human being should be that rich.

by Anonymousreply 13January 18, 2022 2:21 PM

I would love to be rich enough so that I could live somewhere in absolute peace and privacy and never have to see or interact with another human being unless I chose to.

Yes, I am misanthropic as fuck as I am proud of it.

by Anonymousreply 14January 18, 2022 2:23 PM

[quote] [R2] EXACTLY. What has Oprah contributed to society exactly that warrants her to be that dirty rich?

Enlightenment! If it weren't for Oprah educating 5 decades of fraus ALL of you would be Deplorables, not just r2 and r5.

by Anonymousreply 15January 18, 2022 2:29 PM

I speak for everyone here at DL when I wish you a speedy accomplishment of your goal, r14.

by Anonymousreply 16January 18, 2022 2:46 PM

R10- Oprah is into collecting EVERY variety of donut that Dunkin Donut sells into her stomach.

by Anonymousreply 17January 18, 2022 3:01 PM

The one place I DON'T understand Oprah having a house is New Jersey. She was not born there , did not grow up there and has never lived there for any reason.

by Anonymousreply 18January 18, 2022 3:05 PM

I quite like the Orcas Island home. And I don't begrudge her her wealth, it's an amazing accomplishment that she persevered and succeeded with so many strikes against her.

Whether our society should reward TV personalities (and sports stars and "influencers" and CEOs et al) to this degree is a separate question.

by Anonymousreply 19January 18, 2022 3:06 PM

I'd like to know what percentage of her wealth goes to charitable causes.

Even then, it's obscene. They are all obscene. Raise taxes and close tax loopholes.

NOBODY needs that much fucking money.

by Anonymousreply 20January 18, 2022 4:44 PM

Stedman is from New Jersey r18.

by Anonymousreply 21January 18, 2022 4:54 PM

How does she dusk the furniture in all those houses? It must keep her very busy.

by Anonymousreply 22January 18, 2022 5:17 PM

R21- Oh, that explains it. I could never understand why she would buy a house in New Jersey of all places.

by Anonymousreply 23January 18, 2022 5:42 PM

So American. She couldn't enjoy a sophisticated European city or the Alps or Côte d'Azur? Someplace very woke of her, in Africa or South America? ZZZZZZZZZZZ

by Anonymousreply 24January 18, 2022 5:48 PM

R3, from the shots of I’ve seen of Oprah’s principal Montecito mansion, it’s about as “homey” as a house of that scale can be - lots of oil paintings on cream walls and non-intimidating traditional furniture. Less frau-on-a-spree camp than Streisand, but she still has a ceramic chicken in the kitchen.

by Anonymousreply 25January 18, 2022 5:52 PM

Okra will never ever be forgiven for “””dr””” Philth & “””dr””” Oz

by Anonymousreply 26January 18, 2022 5:53 PM

I wonder how big would the mountain of cash she has if it were all one dollar bills. 4 stories high ?

by Anonymousreply 27January 18, 2022 5:54 PM

At least she pays her taxes.

by Anonymousreply 28January 18, 2022 5:55 PM

Lots of rich people do have houses in New Jersey r23. If they do business in NY it's very convenient to have a nice mansion in Jersey as space is so limited in the city.

But yeah in Oprah's case it was more a house that was close to Stedman's family, hers is down on the shore in South Jersey if I remember correctly.

by Anonymousreply 29January 18, 2022 6:05 PM

How much money does Oprah have?

by Anonymousreply 30January 18, 2022 6:07 PM

R30- About $2.7 billion

Her annual income is $300 million!

by Anonymousreply 31January 18, 2022 6:14 PM

She gives money to starving children in Africa. What more could you want?

by Anonymousreply 32January 18, 2022 6:15 PM

Her properties are beautiful and tasteful.

Now let’s do the Koch family portfolio.

by Anonymousreply 33January 18, 2022 6:17 PM

R33- Oprah's LOVE of SUGAR, SALT and FAT is neither tasteful nor beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 34January 18, 2022 6:19 PM

[quote] Raise taxes and close tax loopholes.

I remember when she went to Denmark to find out why they were always ranked the happiest country and the Danish were telling her that the more you earn, the more you pay in tax, and Oprah looked like she was going to vomit.

by Anonymousreply 35January 18, 2022 6:20 PM

FUCK OPRAH!

by Anonymousreply 36January 18, 2022 6:24 PM

I always wonder if she sits on Gayle’s face

by Anonymousreply 37January 18, 2022 6:27 PM

This face?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38January 18, 2022 6:29 PM

[quote] FUCK OPRAH!

Lord knows I’ve tried but that Gayle carries numb chucks.

by Anonymousreply 39January 18, 2022 6:29 PM

R27 My calculations say...0.71 acres

by Anonymousreply 40January 18, 2022 6:31 PM

I really hope they don’t put Stedman in a dickcage

by Anonymousreply 41January 18, 2022 6:32 PM

Six (or so) very expensive houses and not one I would want. Only her third Montecito house, formerly Jeff Bridges, has any quality to it. But even the oldest and best is too California understated/underwhelming for me. The rest look like second generation fast food franchise money built them.

by Anonymousreply 42January 18, 2022 6:47 PM

That money could have been put to good use

St. Jude (and I know Marlo's a cunt) is doing some of the best cancer research at the moment. And their services to sick children is free.

Help them. She has just become so out of touch.

Every time I see her not so trim ass on a WW commercial I want to punch my laptop.

And another thing. During all the tRump horror I actually missed her show. A forum for relatively sane discussions.

I know, I know about the frauds like Dr. Phil and Dr. Oz. But there were a lot of good things too.

by Anonymousreply 43January 18, 2022 6:47 PM

Did she buy a zoo?

by Anonymousreply 44January 18, 2022 7:01 PM

She has schools in Africa lol what do you want from her. She does her part.

by Anonymousreply 45January 18, 2022 7:12 PM

If Oprah is sitting on Gayle's face, and Gayle is eating Oprah's snatch, then who is Stedman fucking?

by Anonymousreply 46January 18, 2022 8:04 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 47January 18, 2022 9:15 PM

Hawaii appears to be a place where ultra-wealthy people dump their money. The money that Larry Ellison has invested there is crazy.

by Anonymousreply 48January 19, 2022 12:13 AM

I think so too, R48.

Zuckerberg is buying up a ton of land in Hawaii.

Oprah had previously bought there too, but she seems to be selling some of it off.

by Anonymousreply 49January 19, 2022 12:19 AM

Larry Ellison pretty much bought Lanaii, hopefully he'll spread some of his wealth around that will do the residents there some good.

Yeah, rich Californians have been buying up Hawaii--making it pretty much impossible for the locals to affording living in places like Kauai. The locals end up buying in places like south Hawai'i--you know, where there are ongoing volcanic eruptions.

by Anonymousreply 50January 19, 2022 12:44 AM

It's a new brand of colonialism, R50.

Instead of countries taking over the islands, it's now being occupied by the 1%.

by Anonymousreply 51January 19, 2022 1:13 AM

[quote] "She and Chrissy Metz tear up the slopes together"

Literally.

by Anonymousreply 52January 19, 2022 1:24 AM

Do we really have an Oprah troll? Is this iVillage reborn?

by Anonymousreply 53January 19, 2022 1:35 AM

Let's put one million and one billion dollars into seconds to appreciate the vast difference between the two.

One million seconds = 13 days

One billion seconds = 33 years

by Anonymousreply 54January 19, 2022 5:30 AM

R5 Ask the same question of all of the white Billionaires too.

by Anonymousreply 55January 19, 2022 6:59 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 56January 19, 2022 3:27 PM

Oprah isn't an overnight billionaire. She earned her wealth over the course of 25 years hosting the #1 one talk show in America. She actually put in physical labor and her communication talent to earn her billions.

Oprah and the tech billionaires are not the same.

by Anonymousreply 57January 19, 2022 11:36 PM

I remember her discussing that 3 homes is tops on her show. Four is too much. (then people started slapping her)

by Anonymousreply 58January 21, 2022 5:19 AM

She seems desperately unfulfilled. Like Ellen, her properties are her 'children' (though Ellen abandons hers after a while).

by Anonymousreply 59January 21, 2022 5:44 AM

The houses that fraus built. Seriously though--how is this woman making $1 million a day? What work does she even do these days? Is OWN even still a thing? If so, is it profitable?

by Anonymousreply 60January 21, 2022 6:49 AM

So much jealousy on this damn thread. How is Kim kardashian making $1 million dollars a week? What the fuck does she do?

Oprah is way more legit then Kim is.

by Anonymousreply 61January 23, 2022 8:58 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!