Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I Love my Cat

No human can ever be such a good and sweet friend like an animal. I don't know what I'd do without that dear ball of fur.

Tell me about your pets.

by Anonymousreply 198November 13, 2022 8:33 AM

I have a fat calico cat and a small breed senior dog. I love them both dearly. I talk to them both all day long, and they always look at me with such interest. Bless them.

by Anonymousreply 1January 18, 2022 3:41 AM

I wonder if animals do understand human speech or just the tine of our voices.

by Anonymousreply 2January 18, 2022 3:47 AM

*tone^

by Anonymousreply 3January 18, 2022 3:48 AM

We have four greyhounds, and we love them all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4January 18, 2022 3:50 AM

Are they rescued racing dogs, R4? They're beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 5January 18, 2022 3:52 AM

I also am lovink poosey. No human ever beink such a good and sweet friend like poosey. Don't know what I doink without darling ball of fur.

by Anonymousreply 6January 18, 2022 3:56 AM

Trim it, Mel

by Anonymousreply 7January 18, 2022 3:57 AM

My cat has me wrapped around her little poopy paw.

by Anonymousreply 8January 18, 2022 3:58 AM

I just got 2 cats from an older woman who was very sick with elderly women issues. A rescue called me up about her, lovely woman (she outlived all her family). She was sooo worried about her babies (2dogs& cats) The guys who lived next to her would take the dogs, but the cats LOATHED the gay guys. I met the cats, I love cats, so the cats adopted me. Boris & Natasha. Merlin the dog loves them, esp Boris (they chase each other, then nap). I love cats, talk to Natasha about work every day in my office at home.

by Anonymousreply 9January 18, 2022 5:12 AM

I love my rescue cat monkey so much. But truly, who rescued who? In honor of her,I did the Betty White challenge and donated to our local no kill pet rescue.

by Anonymousreply 10January 18, 2022 7:29 AM

Cats are such self-serving assholes, but I love the give-and-take. We manipulate each other, and I’m here for it.

I love my ridiculous, tiny rescue cat!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 18, 2022 7:38 AM

r6

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 18, 2022 7:42 AM

r7

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 18, 2022 7:43 AM

I like my pussy. Sometimes I stare at it in the mirror at when I am undressing and wonder what it would look like without any hair like when I was a baby. Sometimes I sit at the edge of the bed and spread my legs. And stare into the mirror and wonder what others see. Sometimes I stick my finger in my pussy and wiggle it around the dark wetness and feel what a cock or a tongue must feel when I m sitting on it. I pull my finger out and I always taste it and smell it. It's hard to describe it smells like a baby to me fresh and full of life. I love my pussy, it is the complete summation of my life. It’s the place where all the most painful things have happened. But it has given me indescribable pleasure. My pussy is the temple of learning.

by Anonymousreply 14January 18, 2022 8:00 AM

We have three chihuhuas and I love them all. Henry is our little dainty boy, soft as a bunny he will curl right up to your side when called with whispery kisses. Alexi is crazy and will "talk" to you with a series of babbles and barks and will try to stick his tongue right into your nose. Sophie is the growly boss lady, who has mellowed out quite a bit, but you cannot love on her like the other two, she needs to warm up to you first. They are each very different personalities that complement each other well.

by Anonymousreply 15January 18, 2022 8:38 AM

I’m more a dog person myself, but I agree that animals are the greatest and just beacons of unconditional love. Animals > human beings.

by Anonymousreply 16January 18, 2022 8:58 AM

During times of depression, my little black cat was always there for me. He was a great source of comfort. He didn’t like most people, but he was always gentle with me, never aloof, never hissed or scratched, and loved to be held. He would sit patiently when he wanted something. He was usually quiet and only meowed when something was important. He slept by my side every night.

He was brave, too – he wasn’t afraid of confronting the neighborhood raccoons.

He was the best cat I’ve ever known, as loyal as any dog. I was very fortunate to have him in my life. Love and miss you, Lucky, and I will never forget what a gift you were.

2001-2019

by Anonymousreply 17January 18, 2022 9:23 AM

Aww, R11 my condolences. We lost our 19 year old chihuahua that year and it’s why we rescued three new ones. We’d like to think he is up in heaven and moved a few things around to bring them to us. They each have some of his personality traits and he was a big pair of shoes to fill. An important part of any animal ownership is understanding the we don’t really “own” them, because we have to give them back one day. You make room in your heart but when they go, the room is still there.

You honor them by mourning properly, then bring a new one home to fill that room they left.

by Anonymousreply 18January 18, 2022 9:35 AM

Your pets lived very long and fulfilling lives, R17 and R18. You were blessed to have them and I hope we're reunited with our pets in the next life.

by Anonymousreply 19January 18, 2022 9:43 AM

It’s a dance party

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20January 18, 2022 9:51 AM

The time with a pet goes by so fast. My little 3 month old puppy is now my 9 year old big puppy. Where did the time go?

by Anonymousreply 21January 18, 2022 9:58 AM

Post pictures, folks! ❤

by Anonymousreply 22January 18, 2022 10:06 AM

Thank you for your kind words R19 and R18 (if your response was really addressed to me and not R11) I'm sorry about your chihuahua.

I do believe in an afterlife. Had a few experiences with ghosts and I once had a psychic roommate who predicted specific things that came true. Before this, I had my doubts. I wouldn't dismiss such things now.

I had a dream about Lucky a few months ago. It wasn't the usual kind of dream one gets: nonsensical and weird. In the dream, I was lying on the sofa with my current cat and Lucky walked up to me and nestled beside me just like old times. I'd like to believe it was a visitation to let me know he was okay.

I'm not a fan of the English monarchy, but Queen Elizabeth wisely said, "Grief is the price we pay for love." So true. Loss is the hardest part of loving someone, person or animal.

by Anonymousreply 23January 18, 2022 10:07 AM

R11, so cute!!! So much personality in that little face!!!

by Anonymousreply 24January 18, 2022 10:08 AM

OP: Which one are you again?

by Anonymousreply 25January 18, 2022 10:08 AM

My cat sees ghosts. He would stare intensely at a place in the air (no flies;no bugs), always in the evening too, and FREAK OUT! It doesn't happen often, but when it does, he runs for his life and hides in the most remote place possible - the bathroom window. I wonder what he sees because I feel nothing out of the ordinary at these times.

by Anonymousreply 26January 18, 2022 10:13 AM

I think I may have a new cat. A couple of days ago, we had a serious wind, snow and freezing rain storm. That night, I opened the back door to look out and assess the situation, and I see a cat sitting on the step, who immediately indicates that he wants to come in. Considering the weather, I didn't hesitate, and opened the outer door. He promptly made himself at home, as if he had lived here forever, and the other cats take him for granted.

I'm going to put feelers out with the neighbors to see if they know anything about him. My partner traced his footprints down the driveway to the street, where they ended, so it's entirely possible he was abandoned by someone in a car.

He's a beautiful animal, large with the big apple-head of the typical un-neutered male cat. His fur is a solid grey. Judging by his teeth, I don't think he's very old, He has a sweet, peaceful disposition and loves attention. No name yet.

by Anonymousreply 27January 18, 2022 2:01 PM

Lucy, your name must appear at the top of the Hobo Kitty Helpline list where you live.

by Anonymousreply 28January 18, 2022 2:07 PM

Lol, I think you have a new cat, Miss Lucy. Congrats!

by Anonymousreply 29January 18, 2022 2:08 PM

I have two cats, an older orange one and a newer black one. They now play and chase each other a lot, are very hungry and food oriented and both will cuddle (the orange one more) if it is chilly, like now. I love them to bits

by Anonymousreply 30January 18, 2022 2:11 PM

We adopted two Classic Siamese kittens at eight weeks of age in November 2020. They’re brothers, one Seal Point and one Lilac.

They are a delight — a handful, no question, and into everything, but so loving and so beautiful we forgive them anything. They have not only taken over our home, but also our hearts.

by Anonymousreply 31January 18, 2022 2:17 PM

R28 and R29 I think I'm like a lighthouse for homeless cats. I apparently give off some vibes like a homing device. My father was exactly the same.

by Anonymousreply 32January 18, 2022 2:21 PM

I have 3 cats, the last one was a foster fail. I'm also looking for an older rescue dog, who is potty trained and gets along with cats. Anyone who says cats are aloof has not lived with cats. They're like toddlers in demanding attention.

by Anonymousreply 33January 18, 2022 2:32 PM

I love my crazy little monster kitty! He's so much company when I need him and I respect his need to be alone/left alone when he needs it.

When he was a kitten, he would just lay all over me but, as an adult, he doesn't do that anymore. He is not averse to being snuggled to within an inch of his life, though.

by Anonymousreply 34January 18, 2022 2:32 PM

R32, the other animals in the neighbourhood know that you're a good person and point the stray cats in your direction.

by Anonymousreply 35January 18, 2022 2:33 PM

Actually a human can. That said animals are fully developed emotional beings and wonderful companions. I adore my little kitty cat Winston and I’m quite sure the feeling is mutual. When he’s happy and healthy all is right in the world.

by Anonymousreply 36January 18, 2022 2:39 PM

r26, it might be ghosts or it might be seizure activity. Mention it to the vet at your next visit.

r4, do you follow RiskItAllPaul on IG? He was rescued when FL shut down its dogtracks, relocated to Philly and is now living the life. It was funny to see his transition from race dog to couch potato. He was afraid to walk on hardwood floors, didn't know how to do stairs.

Today is the one-year anniversary of when I lost my beloved 20 year old ragdoll kitty. I miss his company so much. The best part of working from home was being with him 24/7. I set up a little bed for him on my desk and he hung out with me all day, and reminded me to take a lunch break. We had lunch together every day for his last year and I treasure that time.

I have an 8 year old golden retriever I adopted from my niece when her kid turned out to be allergic, and another cat (maybe around 6? she showed up four years ago as a stray and the vet thought she was about two). They miss the other cat too, and they hang out on the sofa in my office to keep me company. I think they want me to go back to the office though.

by Anonymousreply 37January 18, 2022 4:42 PM

I love my beasts

by Anonymousreply 38January 18, 2022 6:06 PM

I love my kitties too OP. Long after I had gotten out of the house pet business due to age and being afraid I'd die before any pet I had would fate changed. Some evil jerk dropped a pregnant cat out on my street the summer of 2020. She had her kittens and saw them once crossing the road. She eventually was left with 2 kittens. I don't know what happened to all the others. She and her 2 kittens (a boy and a girl) ended up on my property. I noticed she was catching huge bull frogs and killing them, leaving their carcasses in my yard. I started feeding them outside while trying to find homes for them. Unfortunately that proved impossible. Then stray dogs (probably some that had been dropped off on the road just like she was) came onto the property one night and almost caught all 3 of them, but luckily they all made it up into a tree. The next day I decided they were there for a reason and I brought them all inside and they've been inside since. They came to me at a time when the pandemic was starting and I was allowing no one into the house. They couldn't have come at a better time. Now I can't imagine being without them. My whole life is now about taking care of these 3 animals. Everything else is of much less importance.

Here they are. Mama Myrtle at the bottom, son Billy in the middle, and daughter Millie up top. They've visited DL before.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39January 19, 2022 1:41 PM

R39, cute cats. You can set up a trust and name a guardian for your cats in case they outlive you. I had a lawyer set this up for me for a nominal fee. My niece is my pets’ guardian and she doesn’t have to keep them buts has promised to find good homes and money from my estate will pay for their care with my niece getting a stipend. Anything leftover is a gift to an animal shelter. Even if you have no assets to leave behind, talk to a friend or family member about being named a legal guardian in case something happens to you.

by Anonymousreply 40January 19, 2022 1:54 PM

[quote]I wonder if animals do understand human speech or just the tine of our voices.

No, but cats can read your MIND.

by Anonymousreply 41January 19, 2022 2:01 PM

Thanks R40. I've made arrangements for them should I die. My godson and goddaughter will take them Myrtle & Millie will go to my goddaughter and Billy will go to my godson. They both love animals dearly.

by Anonymousreply 42January 19, 2022 4:05 PM

R39, what a beautiful family!!! ❤❤❤❤ Bless you for taking them in. They seem happy with you! R40 gives great advice. More people (not just elderly) need to think what will happen to their pets should they die. Everything happens. I believe there were these cards saying "My pet is alone at home, please ring this number" for people to put in their ID holders in case something happens to them while they are outside.

by Anonymousreply 43January 19, 2022 6:17 PM

R39, I keep rereading your beautiful story and sraring at the pic. It warmed my old heart. You received your blessing with these beautiful creatures. Wishing you all health and happiness and long life!

by Anonymousreply 44January 19, 2022 6:24 PM

I have two cats: a black Himalayan and a silver tabby; two dogs: a tricolor collie and a saluki (a running dog similar to the greyhound). I have an outdoor aviary with 54 tropical birds ranging from Aztec parrots to cockatiels. That reminds me, it's feeding time for the birds...

by Anonymousreply 45January 19, 2022 6:28 PM

Thanks R43 and R44. In many ways those three sweet creatures have done far more for me than I've done for then.

by Anonymousreply 46January 19, 2022 6:36 PM

R43, thanks for the card tip. I used to use a text message service that would alert a friend if I did not check in by a designated time. But sadly the service stopped at the end of 2021. I live alone and my fear is if something happened to me, my cats would be left alone in my apartment for days, if not a week or two.

by Anonymousreply 47January 19, 2022 6:40 PM

I had two rescue dogs, but just lost one. My surviving dog is a maltipoo, sweet but also very headstrong. She loves jumping on my bed to wake me up, and if I’m not ready to get up, she will snuggle up next to me and go back to sleep.

by Anonymousreply 48January 19, 2022 6:44 PM

I want to see the headstrong dog :)))

by Anonymousreply 49January 19, 2022 6:46 PM

I have 2 cats who will be 14 this year. Now that they qualify as elderly, I remind myself to not take our time together for granted. Sometimes it does make me sad and I have to snap out of it.

I'm also envious of my friends who have dogs. I rent a one bedroom. Adding a dog to the mix would be quite a life change. It's hard enough renting with 2 cats. A dog would mean having to move and maybe even buying. It's just too big of a change for me to handle. So I've held out on adopting a dog but I have major dog envy.

by Anonymousreply 50January 19, 2022 6:47 PM

Beautiful story, R39, and your kitties are beautiful, too!

by Anonymousreply 51January 20, 2022 4:01 AM

[R5] 2 are rescues. The other two were bred to race but didn't make the cut, fortunately for us. We adopted them after the racers said no. Love them all.

by Anonymousreply 52January 20, 2022 4:09 AM

Thank you R51.

by Anonymousreply 53January 20, 2022 11:17 PM

I was coming home one night from work, got off the L and walked by some garbage cans, it was raining and cold. Heard some crying, leaned down and a cat jumped into my arms. So I carried her home and 8 years later she is still the ruler of the roost (although her authority is questioned at times by my dog, Sophie).

I get bum rushed every morning in bed, a cat on my head and a dog tying to spoon with me. Heaven!

by Anonymousreply 54January 21, 2022 2:51 AM

Pics, please, R54!!

by Anonymousreply 55January 21, 2022 3:03 AM

TO R54...You are my hero, you did a wonderful thing by taking the cat home!! They make you human, very Happy!!

by Anonymousreply 56January 21, 2022 4:53 AM

Pretty KITTY

by Anonymousreply 57January 21, 2022 12:50 PM

Does anybody else kiss their cat on the lips?

by Anonymousreply 58January 22, 2022 4:08 AM

My cat LOVES to give me wet kisses on the lips. Never met another cat like this before.

by Anonymousreply 59January 22, 2022 4:10 AM

I kiss my cat on the side of her mouth. She likes it so much that when I'm holding and kissing her, then turn my head away, she puts her paw on my face and pulls it toward hers.

by Anonymousreply 60January 22, 2022 12:15 PM

I do not kiss my cats on the lips as cat's mouths can be filthy, but I do kiss them all over their heads and cheeks. All 3 of them also do the reach and grab. If they're on the table behind me they'll reach over and tap me on the shoulder or on the head to get my attention. That's their signal they want daddy to turn around and give them some tickles.

This little video gives me smiles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61January 22, 2022 5:44 PM

Some insensitive people rather play the piano instead of petting the cat!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62January 22, 2022 5:51 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63January 22, 2022 6:06 PM

I have a beautiful tabby cat. She is so smart that she learned Spanish in less than a year. I am teaching her Thai now but she is slower in picking it up.

by Anonymousreply 64January 22, 2022 6:13 PM

My 12 year old dog just learned something new.

She's always been very fearful of fireworks and long ago I started getting her tranquilizers from the vet. I would pre-game her before New Years and July 4 with a pill in some peanut butter, but if the loud noises started out of nowhere I would often have a very hard time giving her the pill. She would refuse to take the peanut butter and I'd have to move on to cheese or bacon or something. So the other night some kid set off a cherry bomb or something, but it was only one boom and we were already in bed, so I thought maybe she'd be fine. No she wasn't. She kept walking around, clearly upset. I turned on the light and looked at her. She looked at me and licked her chops. She was asking for a pill!. I got up and got her the pill in a glob of peanut butter and she licked it right up. So either she realizes the pill calms her down or she's addiction problem and has learned to work me.

by Anonymousreply 65January 22, 2022 9:06 PM

Your doggie is a pill-popping princrss in the Valley of the Dolls, R65!

by Anonymousreply 66January 22, 2022 9:10 PM

Lol r65, same premise as Pavlov’s dog. Fireworks make him salivate for peanut butter.

by Anonymousreply 67January 22, 2022 9:24 PM

One dog (spaniel mutt), two cats (undersized black cat, HUGE silver tabby), all from shelters.

I got lucky with the cats; they have a sort of dog nature. They run to greet me at the door, follow me around the house, don't wake me up for food, and are usually happy just being in the same room with me. When I'm working at home the black cat will jump into the chair next to the computer and just sleep happily.

Oh, and they were total strangers but were very curious about each other and got along from day one. They're a bonded pair.

by Anonymousreply 68January 22, 2022 9:55 PM

[quote]I got lucky with the cats; they have a sort of dog nature

MOST cats, follow their people around the house, it's not "dog nature." It's cats who have bonded with their owners.

by Anonymousreply 69January 23, 2022 12:16 AM

My cat lets me fall asleep rubbing her Buddha belly.

by Anonymousreply 70January 23, 2022 12:28 AM

My cat speaks French, Italian and English fluently, and is conversational in Spanish and Farsi.

by Anonymousreply 71January 23, 2022 12:48 AM

The love that you all show to your furbabies makes my heart sing! Praise!

by Anonymousreply 72January 23, 2022 12:52 AM

My cat is a sweetheart. She hates water, but every time I get out of the bath, she plops onto my feet. Her body warms my feet.

She also likes to slide head first down the stairs.

by Anonymousreply 73January 23, 2022 12:52 AM

I'd love to see the sliding cat 🐈

by Anonymousreply 74January 23, 2022 1:52 AM

R74, I will try to film her doing it.

by Anonymousreply 75January 23, 2022 3:15 AM

I love dogs, but I have 3 cats (all Bengals) , one being my late Father's cat. I can't have dogs because I'm single and often work away from home either 12-18 hours at a time, or completely out of the state/country. Dad's cat: Bosch, 16 years old- you would never believe he's 16- walks on the wheel, has a very high play drive, does dog tricks (sit, turn left or right circle, beg pretty, walk on leash, wears sweaters when I put flea meds on). Bosch is such a lover- even when my Dad was neglecting him, Bosch still loved him. He's a velcro cat- has to be on your lap or sitting right next to you, loves to be spanked (I call him Chocolate Spanking Weasel). He's the only one who can be picked up and carried around.

My 2 rescues (from a breeder/hoarder), siblings Theo and Mahler. Mahler was rescued earlier than Theo (the B/H lied about how many cats he had, then had a house fire, with the remaining cats escaping), Theo being one of the escapees with a clipped ear and a little more feral than Mahler. Mahler has also learned the same dog tricks than Theo (actually Theo hasn't learned any), and loves to run on the wheel. They're both sweet guys, but it took a year for Theo to learn how to purr, and now after 9 years, he even asks for pets. I have managed to find 5 of the other siblings, and one of the owners are willing to take my guys if something happens to me.

One thing about dogs that doesn't happen with cats is that when I pet dogs, I can smell dog on my hand, unless the dog is freshly bathed.

I was lucky enough for our resident angel, Brian Nash (if you don't know who his is, look him up) to paint my guys while he was still alive, It's such a joyful little painting:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76January 23, 2022 12:03 PM

[quote]My 2 rescues (from a breeder/hoarder), siblings Theo and [bold]Mahler[/bold].

Gus, the symphonic cat.

by Anonymousreply 77January 23, 2022 12:11 PM

R76 That painting is beyond adorable. You are fortunate to have this treasure. All the best to you and your precious ones.

by Anonymousreply 78January 23, 2022 12:12 PM

Ha r77, the rescue lady had originally named them Mozart and Mahler- she had a thing for Austrian composers. I could not live with an animal named Mozart, but I wanted to honor the rescue lady- couldn't call him Wolfgang or Amadeus, but my Dad said that Mozart's full name was Johannes Chrysostomus Wolfgangus Theophilus Mozart, and Theo he became. I tried to change Mahler's name to Gus (how cute would have been Theo and Gus?), but he wan't going for it.

r78- Thank you Miss Lucy, yes I am fortunate. I remember Lucy as being one of your cats, no?

by Anonymousreply 79January 23, 2022 12:50 PM

Yes, R79, Lucy is one of my cats. We adopted her and her sister Cinder shortly before I joined DL. The SPCA wasn't sure of their actual age, but they're close to ten, I believe. I kept the names that they were given by their previous owner, an elderly lady who was going into a special care home. When I got them home, and took them out of their carriers, Lucy came over to me and wanted to be picked up and cuddled. I said to her, "You're not just Lucy, you're the Fabulous Miss Lucy." And that was how I chose my DL name.

Her sister Cinder is brain-damaged due to a serious fall when she was just a kitten. She lost an eye, as well. Her behavior is rather strange at times, but she's a sweet girl, lucky to be alive.

This is a pic of Lucy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80January 23, 2022 1:12 PM

Awww The Fabulous Miss Lucy looks like a sweetie. Tabby face, some kind of dilute coat? Or can you see the stripes/swirls on her body?

by Anonymousreply 81January 23, 2022 1:17 PM

R81 The patterning on her coat is not clear striping, but there are swirls of dark and light fur, somewhat mottled.

by Anonymousreply 82January 23, 2022 1:27 PM

[quote]One thing about dogs that doesn't happen with cats is that when I pet dogs, I can smell dog on my hand, unless the dog is freshly bathed.

That reminds me that when I use to bathe my dog, the cats would gather round and smell her. Guess that were impressed that 'dog stink' was gone (temporarily).

by Anonymousreply 83January 23, 2022 2:29 PM

Or they didn't know who she was, because her identifying smell was gone. Also, I didn't know how much cats were butt-sniffers- I thought only dogs did that.

Have you noticed that dog/cat buttholes are always a different color than their coat?

by Anonymousreply 84January 23, 2022 2:58 PM

[quote] loves to be spanked

Both of my female cats love to be spanked on their lower backs, right at their tails. They'd sit there for hours if I'd keep up it up. But my boy cat hates it. When I would spank him like his mother and sister he'd reach around and grab my hand in his mouth and pull it back around to his face, begging me to rub his head.

by Anonymousreply 85January 23, 2022 3:32 PM

r85- I've had a female cat who didn't want to be touched there, but 3 male cats who were my S & M kitties. Theo isn't quite sure he likes it- just 4 or 5 gentle pats, then you get the swipe- it's probably too much stimulus for him- I think it's like that belly rub thing that some cats have.

by Anonymousreply 86January 23, 2022 3:40 PM

My cat used to gently bite the comb when I combed him, I thought he was ticklish. But I learned that cats don't like too much stimulation. I had to explain this to someone who told me his cat left the room when he pet him for 15 minutes. He said the cat was anti-social, I told him he was over stimulating the cat and it had to leave. Anybody know a dumb as a rock "dog guy" who tries to rough house with a cat and gets bitten? Cats let you know what they like, much more than dogs.

by Anonymousreply 87January 23, 2022 5:32 PM

Fifteen minutes seems like a LOT

by Anonymousreply 88January 24, 2022 12:14 PM

Cat and Dog story!! I am on work cell with my Boss in NYC while in my home office in La Jolla. All my work monitors are running, making money for "da man". My only boss...The big G (as I call him) asks me "What is going on in ur office, do u have a mechanic working on a car engine, I know u like the working trade out there, its sooo loud in ur office". My work wife Jane tells G, "Let me show you the depravity in here?" Jane turns on her camera and films my work area. Natasha is at the windows, her tail hitting the glass, while Boris is sleeping with Merlin the dog in the giant dog bed G sent the cats-dog. Merlin is snoring, while Boris is purring sooo loud; it sounds like an engine running. It's a big fucking office, The furry monsters play "Masters of the Universe" in here.

by Anonymousreply 89January 31, 2022 7:19 PM

Couldn't agree more. I had to put my cat to sleep not long ago, and it was the worst thing that had happened to me...still have a hard time talking about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90January 31, 2022 7:35 PM

forbidden!

by Anonymousreply 91February 1, 2022 12:00 AM

Cat shit and piss is the worst!

by Anonymousreply 92February 1, 2022 12:03 AM

^ Anyone wan to take this?

by Anonymousreply 93February 1, 2022 12:47 AM

Orange Kitteh named Jonesy (the cat from Alien). He trills when he says hi! I can hear the happy inflection and I melt every time.

by Anonymousreply 94February 1, 2022 2:06 AM

To R90....I am so sorry about your Cat. My heart breaks every time I had to put a dog or cat to sleep, go over the rainbow bridge without me. I miss them all so much. I hope you feel better soon.

by Anonymousreply 95February 1, 2022 4:23 AM

did your cat use pretty litter?

by Anonymousreply 96February 1, 2022 10:12 AM

My cat is a tortoiseshell (tortie) and the most loving, feisty, cuddly, bossy being I've ever known. Also, she has a golden blaze down her nose that is a pleasure to boop.

by Anonymousreply 97February 1, 2022 11:52 AM

I have a tripod black cat who is mouthy as fuck. yells all the time, very creative voice too. he's super duper soft and so pretty

by Anonymousreply 98February 1, 2022 12:35 PM

Does he use pretty litter? Martha Stewart advertises it.

by Anonymousreply 99February 1, 2022 1:02 PM

My cat Mobley’s charm is that he has no charm. Most difficult cat I have ever had in my life. He likes me though.

by Anonymousreply 100February 1, 2022 4:02 PM

My cat is being particularly worshipful today and I have to say, I love it.

by Anonymousreply 101February 1, 2022 4:14 PM

mine are famished and demand more and more foods

by Anonymousreply 102February 1, 2022 7:13 PM

My 16 year old black cat, Bosch, has gotten so jealous when I pet the other cats, that he interposés himself between me and the other cat, and shoves his head into my hand.

Same thing when I spank the other cat, I end up playing kitty bongos. I’ve never met such an affectionate kitty.

by Anonymousreply 103February 1, 2022 10:04 PM

I play a game called "cups," where I line up small paper cups on a low table. Cat gets on the ottoman and knocks the cups off one by one. They LOVE knocking things over, so I invented this game. All I have to say is cups and she knows we're going to play.

She's a six year old (I think) cat I adopted that belonged to an elderly woman in my building who couldn't take care of her anymore.

by Anonymousreply 104February 1, 2022 10:10 PM

^ God bless you for adopting your cat and giving her a new home.

by Anonymousreply 105February 3, 2022 6:17 AM

Does anyone remember an old commercial or jingle from the 70s or 80s...it went "I Love My CAT!" in a little girl's voice. I've been trying to find it online but to no avail. I think it may have been from a PSA.

by Anonymousreply 106February 3, 2022 12:52 PM

Buy your cat some pretty litter.

by Anonymousreply 107February 3, 2022 4:17 PM

My cat is also named Lucy. My Lucy can, depending on the day, either be wild and crazy Lucy Ricardo or cunty old Lucille Ball.

by Anonymousreply 108February 3, 2022 4:35 PM

When my cat wants me to go to bed she climbs up on the top of the couch and bops me on the head with her paw repeatedly until I get up off the couch. Once in bed she spoons with me and I rub her belly until I fall asleep. I think as soon as I am sleeping she moves to the foot of the bed. At some point during the night she brings all of her toy mice to the bedroom doorway. This is all new behavior since my older cat died a year ago. It seems like she is stepping into a new role caring for me now. I’m not sure, but she is more affectionate than she had ever been before.

by Anonymousreply 109February 4, 2022 3:53 AM

I swear that one of our cats has learned to say "hello." When he walks into a room I'm in, he says "Mow-oh" with 2 syllables, while he's looking at me. He has so many expressions of his moods and so many vocal inflections, I feel like he is trying to talk to me - he just doesn't know English.

by Anonymousreply 110February 4, 2022 3:59 AM

Animals are magic!

by Anonymousreply 111February 4, 2022 1:21 PM

r110 cats only meow to communicate with humans, so your greetings is likely a feline version of hello

by Anonymousreply 112February 4, 2022 1:24 PM

R110 that's what cats often do -- try to imitate sounds they hear, particularly when they hear it very often or from someone they like.

by Anonymousreply 113February 4, 2022 1:24 PM

I love cats. It’s like having a wild animal in your home.

by Anonymousreply 114February 5, 2022 6:46 AM

OP he's easy. He doesn't judge you like we do and you should be.

by Anonymousreply 115February 5, 2022 7:07 AM

I loathe pets - especially other people's if they bark or meow. Hated them as a kid, still do. We had dogs and cats as I was growing up. I was totally disinterested. I am a decent person and raised 3 children.

by Anonymousreply 116February 5, 2022 7:20 AM

r114, I agree. I call mine my little beasts.

by Anonymousreply 117February 5, 2022 10:10 AM

To be honest, I am a little disappointed in mine, who turns 9 months old today. I have always had Persians which I bred myself. So I had them from birth and they were all docile and affectionate. This new one, following the death of my old boy, was a rescue, a European long hair which turned up at someone's door at the age of 4 weeks. i got her when she she was 3 months old. She's much smarter than the Persians, but although she is super affectionate when she wants to be, the rest of the time she is independent with a will of iron to do things on her terms. She bites when she doesn't want to be touched or picked up, doesn't come when I call her, resists having her claws trimmed, etc. She's an indoor kitty, but it's a big apartment.

Any comments or advice?

by Anonymousreply 118February 5, 2022 12:08 PM

Accept her terms r118. Stop touching her and picking her up when she doesn’t want you to before it escalates to biting. Play more with her. Groom her at very specific times and establish a routine. Be very quick about it.

by Anonymousreply 119February 5, 2022 1:11 PM

My cat has pancreatitis. Last time a cat of mine had this illness it cost me 10,000$ in medical bills. No lie. Get pet health insurance people!

by Anonymousreply 120February 5, 2022 2:13 PM

Prayers for you and your cat, R120.

by Anonymousreply 121February 5, 2022 2:24 PM

Sorry to hear that r120. My cat had it too. I am sure I spent a ton on vet bills but nowhere near that amount. My fella was on several different meds which had to be compounded so maybe a few $100 over the course of the illness. Maybe seek a second opinion on treatment. Agree pet insurance is worth it.

by Anonymousreply 122February 5, 2022 2:34 PM

Thank you r121 and r122.

by Anonymousreply 123February 5, 2022 2:49 PM

Actually organizations like Consumer Reports do not recommend pet insurance, as it gets very expensive once your dog hits 5 years old or so. My dog needed hip surgery at age 9, and it would be cheaper to pay out of pocket for this than 4 years of very high premiums.

Obviously if you are buying breeds that are so inbred that they struggle to breathe when young, or are very likely to experience other serious health issues due to the inbreeding, it may make sense.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124February 5, 2022 4:59 PM

Do you wonder what your kitties get up to when you're asleep? I woke up at 2am this morning after having fallen asleep watching "Are You Being Served". The TV was still on when i woke up and my little girl Millie was on the pillow I keep in front of me to rest my arm on. Miss Millie is an avid TV viewer. 😁

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125February 8, 2022 1:19 PM

81 WW's for (dollface) OP!

by Anonymousreply 126February 8, 2022 1:23 PM

[quote]cats only meow to communicate with humans, so your greetings is likely a feline version of hello

Cats meow at their kittens, kittens meow at their mother. Once adults, they only meow at their people. That means they see us as some kind of parent figure.

by Anonymousreply 127February 8, 2022 1:35 PM

Miss Lucy, that is one spectacular cat. But I knew she would be...

Question for owners of longhaired domestics - when did your kitten get its full adult coat? My girl was very longhaired as a little kitten, but now, at nine months old, not so much, apart from her pantaloons and plumy tail. Her fur is very dense but only about an inch long. I'm hoping it will grow in.

by Anonymousreply 128February 8, 2022 1:45 PM

Of my 3 cats only Billy meows when he's alone. He's a big talker, that boy. The girls both meow at me all the time, but I often hear Billy in another part of the house just talking away in a room by himself.

by Anonymousreply 129February 8, 2022 2:46 PM

R125 Of course pussies would be fans of AYBS, lol!

by Anonymousreply 130February 8, 2022 2:47 PM

One of my guys must announce that he's about to poo, is pooing, and "Look! I pooed!" . He also has a meow that sounds like , "Ha Low? HA LOW??!"

by Anonymousreply 131February 8, 2022 3:00 PM

r131, my boy used to tear around the house like a madman after every poo. Even when he was 20, feeble and mostly blind, a good morning poo always put a spring in his step.

by Anonymousreply 132February 8, 2022 3:47 PM

R132 Isn't that true for us all.

by Anonymousreply 133February 8, 2022 3:48 PM

Yes, mine too, R132....especially after he had shit in the bathtub.

by Anonymousreply 134February 8, 2022 3:50 PM

When my cat circled the litter box meowing, it usually meant he was constipated. I fed him a little milk and he was able to go.

by Anonymousreply 135February 8, 2022 4:54 PM

my pussy yells and screams at all hours, all for fun and folly

by Anonymousreply 136February 8, 2022 11:57 PM

Get it FIXED, R136.

by Anonymousreply 137February 9, 2022 12:50 AM

silly pussies

by Anonymousreply 138February 9, 2022 12:02 PM

Sometimes my cats would meow in their sleep and I always wondered what they were dreaming about. But one time, I found out - my cat was chattering the same way he did when he saw a bird or butterfly. He was dreaming of hunting.

by Anonymousreply 139February 9, 2022 12:06 PM

Just spent $1600 for 8 tooth extractions on one of my guys. I found some of his siblings online (they were part of a rescue from a hoarder/breeder), and they all had crappy teeth that needed to be extracted too. He seems to be doing fine though, asking for pets and playing with toys. Here's Theo, a Marbled Bengal:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140February 9, 2022 2:11 PM

I think Theo is plotting your murder. He is deciding on the day in that pic.

by Anonymousreply 141February 9, 2022 2:37 PM

My cat never goes outside, but I must ask the question - why do indoor cats have so many health problems? Decades ago, my indoor-outdoor cats were never sick, never had health problems. In fact I had an 16 year old who went up and down the basement stairs five times every night to retrieve laundry and drop it all over the house. Like the others - no arthritis, no orthopedic, no kidney issues etc.

by Anonymousreply 142February 9, 2022 2:47 PM

I can only answer for Theo and Mahler (around 9 now) in that they were poorly overbred and probably had crap nutrition from the hoarder/breeder as kittens. Bosch, (who is around 16 and a rescue of sorts), is in fine fettle, walking on his wheel, fierce hunter for his mouse on a stick, with slightly elevated liver values.

I would imagine that a good healthy diet of natural prey outside benefits the cats better than all the processed food we give them. I actually want to start a pet food company that consists of rats, mice and possums - it would be a low footprint for "the farm" and totally natural prey for them. But people have such a negative connotation with rodents, it would be a very hard marketing effort to make people buy it.

by Anonymousreply 143February 9, 2022 3:11 PM

Interesting, R143. Though most of my indoor-outdoor cats spent their outdoor time lounging on the porch instead of hunting.

by Anonymousreply 144February 9, 2022 3:58 PM

I adopted a kitten four years ago. I can pet him, but if I try to pick him up, he howls at me. He sits by his food dish, howling, until I rub his back while he eats his dinner. He sleeps with me, but he's sneaky about it. He waits until I fall asleep before he jumps on the bed. When I wake up at 3 a.m. I see him laying there asleep on the bed, a couple feet away from me. But when I wake up, he's gone. Why won't he get on the bed when I'm awake? He's probably afraid I'd try to pet him, and that would annoy him.

I was worried that he was lonely, so I adopted a younger (about 6 months old) friend for him. The friend came from the same feral cat colony that he did. So the friend is probably his half-brother/cousin/nephew or some combination. They don't cuddle with each other, but they do play and chase each other around. The friend isn't cuddly with me either.

by Anonymousreply 145February 9, 2022 4:08 PM

R140, Theo is absolutely gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 146February 9, 2022 5:44 PM

R145, he's still part feral, so, you have to play by his rules. We had a similar situation when we took in a 6 month old stray years ago. She was domesticated, but kept about a third of her wildness. Great pet, and I respected her habits.

I'm happy that the new one gets along with the new one. Sometimes the first cat is threatened and territorial. Please don't expect that cuddle together bullshit.

You might want to give them a "cat smile" now and then - that means slow blink, and eyes closed sometimes when you look at her. Absolutely no teeth and wide eyes.

by Anonymousreply 147February 9, 2022 6:00 PM

[quote]I was worried that he was lonely, so I adopted a younger (about 6 months old) friend for him

Forget this "lonely" stuff. You don't want your cat to get BORED. Bored cats, like bored children, can get destructive, especially young ones.

by Anonymousreply 148February 9, 2022 6:02 PM

Thank you Miss Lucy r140, I love Bengals because they're so stunning to look at (and a little less allergy stimulant), and truly are dogcats. I always get adult rescue cats, regardless if they're moggies or purebreds- my sister had a Bengal that she paid a pretty penny for, and I fell in love. I'm currently in love with Maine Coons, but all that fur!

Here is Theo's sibling, Mahler, a russet Marbled Bengal- it was taken in 2015 when, "Trump my cat" was a thing and before #45 was a harsh reality:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149February 9, 2022 6:30 PM

Speaking of Bengals, viral story of a French footballer who was on video abusing one of his Bengals. I made sure not to watch it, but the descriptions I read were horrible. What a fucking asshole. Fortunately, animal services have removed the cats from his home.

by Anonymousreply 150February 9, 2022 6:52 PM

thank goodness

by Anonymousreply 151February 9, 2022 6:55 PM

Link to story

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152February 9, 2022 6:57 PM

Ugh, even reading that headline makes me want to vomit.

by Anonymousreply 153February 9, 2022 7:04 PM

R149, your cat is stunning. The colors are so unique.

by Anonymousreply 154February 9, 2022 7:12 PM

I heard about that in another thread r150. I want that pic of shit to face serious consequences.

by Anonymousreply 155February 10, 2022 11:18 AM

People who abuse animals deserve to be put to death.

by Anonymousreply 156February 12, 2022 2:41 AM

R32 and R34 I love you both! I never bought or sought a cat...they just find me and I'm happy they do!

by Anonymousreply 157February 12, 2022 3:01 AM

Love me, love my cat

by Anonymousreply 158February 16, 2022 4:12 PM

I have a question for cat people, I've never had a cat before but I currently have a female cat that spends time both indoors and outside. We had to start bringing her in more due to winter weather, so I got her a litter box. She had no problem using the box and took straight to it, no training involved she did it all by instinct.

My question is, is it normal that now that she has a litterbox she refuses to do her business outside? I mean if she is outside having fun chasing wildlife and climbing trees but then she has to go to the bathroom she comes to the door and whines until I let her in and she goes to the litterbox and does her business and then wants to go back outside.

by Anonymousreply 159March 5, 2022 5:00 PM

I had a cat who had a liter box but preferred going outside to poop. The liter box was her last choice. And funny how quickly a cat will figure out how to use a liter box.

by Anonymousreply 160March 5, 2022 5:05 PM

I’m staying out of this discussion.

by Anonymousreply 161March 5, 2022 5:13 PM

R159, that reminds me of every young cat when I first let them outside. It took them FOREVER to understand that they could "go" outside. They'd wait at the door then run down to the basement and pee in the box. Even when they did it outside, I think they preferred inside. I could tell...and cleaned them frequently.

by Anonymousreply 162March 5, 2022 5:17 PM

R162 That I could understand, but mine, while young, spent the majority of her first 3-4 months of life outdoors, it was difficult to even get her to come inside. Then the weather got so cold I was like she has to come in. Now it is like she is saying, I'm a human now I go potty inside just like you.

by Anonymousreply 163March 5, 2022 5:23 PM

Or more likely they prefer the warm house and the litter instead of having to dig in packed mud. I know you're fooling around, R163, but I despise when people say things like "my cat thinks he's a dog," "thinks he's a human," etc. Cats are opinionated and will do what work best for them.

by Anonymousreply 164March 5, 2022 5:31 PM

I have two sweet ferals that I got as kittens, I'll call one Sweetness and the other Cuteness.

Both are dumb as a couple of rocks, but they're the best kitties ever - sweet, well-behaved, affectionate, purry, good to each other, undemanding. Smart kitties can be a handful, but it'd never occur to either one of them to do anything bad, all the IQ points are taken up with purring and cuddling.

by Anonymousreply 165March 5, 2022 6:19 PM

Then they're not "ferals," R165. Ferals are unsocialized wild animals and the last thing they'd want to do is sit on your lap.

by Anonymousreply 166March 5, 2022 7:01 PM

Wouldn't kittens born outside be considered feral?

by Anonymousreply 167March 5, 2022 7:12 PM

Two of my kittens of long ago were born outside in July, the young litter was found but not the mother. They were very young and socialized easily; they weren't born in a colony of ferals. Once the vet cleaned them up - fleas and tape worm - they were ordinary house cats. Not ferals. Once my family found a six month old partial-feral. That meant the vet needed other people in the room to help in case the cat attacked. Today they probably would have tranquilized her for the examination, but this was in the early 1970s.

by Anonymousreply 168March 5, 2022 7:56 PM

I never had cats growing up and considered myself a dog person. After a middle-aged breakup, I channeled my grief by volunteering at an animal shelter. One cat that had been there for months immediately attached to me and recognized me from day one. When I had other cats out of the cages for attention he would look at me like I was an idiot.

Long story short, he went on the kill list one day and I couldn't live with myself if I didn't bring him home. He hopped out of the carrier and began to walk around like he'd lived there forever.

However, he had terrible separation anxiety, throwing himself in front of the door if I tried to leave, crying, etc. It got so bad that if I got up to go in the kitchen or bedroom he'd be on high alert. So I decided to foster another cat to see if that helped.

It did; they got along from day one, romping and playing. Now I have two cats and a dog, all from shelters. They're great friends.

by Anonymousreply 169March 5, 2022 8:19 PM

Awww r69 thank you for making my shriveled black tarry heart beat (a little).

by Anonymousreply 170March 5, 2022 8:26 PM

ARrgh r169.

by Anonymousreply 171March 5, 2022 8:26 PM

R166, my cats were born feral, literally born in an alley, taken to live with humans as kittens. They've adapted extremely well to life as house cats, Sweetness the senior cat has completely adapted to life as a house cat, while Cuteness the junior still startles and panics when confronted with anything unfamiliar, and still has other traces of her life as a feral, like her habit of picking up mouthfuls of kibble and eating at a distance from the bowl. But then she may be the dumbest cat who ever lived, she really can't learn new things.

So yes, they may not be living the life of feral cats, but they were born feral, and have no other breed.

by Anonymousreply 172March 5, 2022 8:38 PM

It took a year for Theo (mentioned upthread), my semi-feral Bengal (he has a clipped ear from capture/neuter/release) to learn how to purr. He was very scared, would hide a lot, get startled easily, wasn't crazy about being petted, and would vacuum his food. Now, 8 years later, he asks for pets by pawing me, brings his feather toy to me, and makes biscuits pretty often. Still gets startled easily, and wary of strangers, but last week did sit next to one of my best friends and asked for a pet. Still vacuums food, my little garbage can.

by Anonymousreply 173March 5, 2022 9:07 PM

To R169...You are a "wonderful, loving, super, totally awesome Human being" Thank You for being Great;what are your cats and dog names? I think you are marvelous...Phillywhore(with his cats& dogs)

by Anonymousreply 174March 5, 2022 9:30 PM

Cat people are my favorite people in the whole world. God bless you and your pussy cats.

by Anonymousreply 175March 6, 2022 2:09 AM

[quote]still has other traces of her life as a feral, like her habit of picking up mouthfuls of kibble and eating at a distance from the bowl

My cat does that when I put a small piece of chicken from my dinner (after I've eaten) in his bowl. Like he's "not supposed to have it" because it's not cat food. He loves cat food, btw. Not a feral bone in his six pound body.

by Anonymousreply 176March 6, 2022 12:20 PM

my cats will eat any single thing. the whole "finicky cat" thing doesn't exist with them

by Anonymousreply 177March 6, 2022 12:38 PM

R142 in general, indoor cats are much healthier and have a much longer life than outdoor cats. Growing up I had indoor/outdoor cats who never made it past 14 years old. As an urban-dwelling adult I have had three indoor-only cats who made it to 20 and 21.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178March 6, 2022 1:34 PM

Is it really exclusively indoor-only cats who live this long?

I never heard of cats living to 20 y.o. when I was a child (b. 1950s). Yet it doesn't seem that uncommon nowadays. Growing up, all our cats were indoor/outdoor, and lived to be 12 or 13. I didn't know there was such a thing as a litter box until I was in college, and at one point, lived in an apartment with someone who had a cat.

I thought kitty litter was the most wonderful invention, but I never heard anyone equate it with longevity of life until recently. I'd assumed advances in veterinary medicine were the reason cats and dogs lived so much longer.

by Anonymousreply 179March 6, 2022 3:13 PM

It is not at all surprising that DL is cat central.

by Anonymousreply 180March 6, 2022 3:21 PM

A lot of us have dogs too, I have one of each and get the best of both worlds. Always a happy greeting from one, and an aloof stare from the other. They eat each others' food, and both love pizza.

by Anonymousreply 181March 6, 2022 4:38 PM

Indoor-outdoor cats (may) have shorter lives because they can be exposed to dangers outside.

by Anonymousreply 182March 6, 2022 5:06 PM

[QUOTE] My cat has pancreatitis. Last time a cat of mine had this illness it cost me 10,000$ in medical bills. No lie. Get pet health insurance people!

This is what gets me. How do Ramen Queens come up with this kind of money?

by Anonymousreply 183March 6, 2022 6:01 PM

I love my indoors

by Anonymousreply 184March 7, 2022 12:23 PM

Cos often cracks me up. We live in a one floor condo but it's pretty spacious. Our bathroom (yes, his litter box is in my bathroom) is in the back of the house. Sometimes, when I go back there, Cos runs fast down the hallway and then jumps up on my bed for snuggles. When I come back to the front of the house, he provides an escort. He also likes to "talk" to me on our stroll back to the living room. I will say things like, "Really? When did that happen?" and he seems to answer me.

by Anonymousreply 185March 7, 2022 3:46 PM

I am a huge dog lover, at present do not own one, but have made friends in the neighborhood with dogs who are just wonderful. I love most animals. I am also a huge fan of betta fish. Hard to keep, "Max" lasted the longest, about three years.

by Anonymousreply 186March 7, 2022 4:06 PM

R183, in decades past, we put our animals to sleep when they were gravely ill rather than make them suffer through a long illness. Vets recommended it. I wish I had that option for myself.

by Anonymousreply 187March 7, 2022 5:35 PM

I just walked by and he was standing on the ledge of the litter box pooping with his eyes closed. oh boy

by Anonymousreply 188November 10, 2022 10:57 PM

Butt in or butt out, r188?

by Anonymousreply 189November 10, 2022 10:59 PM

r189 butt in thankfully

by Anonymousreply 190November 10, 2022 11:02 PM

My doggies are very human like. They are sweeties and are always with me. I talk to them and I treat them like little royalty. They comfort me and are quite entertaining too.

by Anonymousreply 191November 10, 2022 11:03 PM

My vet said that at the beginning of his career, cats' average lifespan was 13-14. Thanks to improvements in commercial cat food, it is now 17.

by Anonymousreply 192November 11, 2022 6:54 AM

I love my beautiful boy Torquil. He is the sweetest natured cat I have ever met, very affectionate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193November 11, 2022 7:24 AM

“Although absent owners might worry that their pets are pining, cats, in fact, show no sign of separation anxiety.”

by Anonymousreply 194November 12, 2022 9:06 AM

Torquil is a stunner. What a handsome boy.

by Anonymousreply 195November 12, 2022 11:11 AM

I love my handsome boys so much!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196November 12, 2022 11:14 AM

R195, Thank you. He is a sweetheart , and he lovebombs me every day. He even holds his head up for a kiss. I have had cats all my life, but he is by far the most affectionate.

by Anonymousreply 197November 13, 2022 4:34 AM

I have two of the sweetest little dogs to ever walk on this earth. I love them more than I love anyone in this world. They are such good company, I am never lonely with them. They wake me up with kisses. Whatever I want to do is what they want to do: Go for a walk or a ride in the car or to the park or just stay home. They make me happy.

by Anonymousreply 198November 13, 2022 8:33 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!