Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Didn't know J.K. was such a fetching vision.

Team TERF 4 Life!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43January 19, 2022 8:52 PM

I love her.

by Anonymousreply 1January 18, 2022 1:01 AM

R1, she doesn't love you. She retweets comments from people against gay marriage and who support "ex-gay" therapy

by Anonymousreply 2January 18, 2022 1:03 AM

OP is a troll

by Anonymousreply 3January 18, 2022 1:03 AM

JK is a hero šŸ¦øā€ā™€ļø

by Anonymousreply 4January 18, 2022 1:04 AM

Love her. She looks beautiful in that photo as well.

by Anonymousreply 5January 18, 2022 1:09 AM

The best plastic surgery money can buy

by Anonymousreply 6January 18, 2022 1:10 AM

She looks trans

by Anonymousreply 7January 18, 2022 1:11 AM

J.K. all the way. Trans is a War on Women.

by Anonymousreply 8January 18, 2022 1:12 AM

[quote]She retweets comments from people against gay marriage and who support "ex-gay" therapy

Just stop with this nonsense. The fact that she retweets comments that she agrees with on the subject of trans issues does not mean she endorses every view those people hold. If you can find a comment she has made that explicitly demonstrates her opposition to gay marriage, you need to show it instead of tarring her by association.

by Anonymousreply 9January 18, 2022 1:17 AM

The most important thing I need to know is where does she stand on the Tran-Animal rights issue. There is so much literal death to these individuals. It is tragic. We must rally to protect all Trans-Animals ASAP!!

by Anonymousreply 10January 18, 2022 1:20 AM

Love her!

by Anonymousreply 11January 18, 2022 1:22 AM

Hate her!

Privileged bigot.

Supports anti-trans people but not their anti-gay marriage positions?

I guess when you're as rich as she as you can afford the fancy hair splitter!

by Anonymousreply 12January 18, 2022 1:28 AM

Despite what everyone parrots, JK NEVER actually said anything 'transphobic," unless you think saying that biological women have some experiences that are different from the experiences of "transwomen".

by Anonymousreply 13January 18, 2022 3:35 AM

"Perhaps, and Iā€™m just throwing this out there, the best way to prove your movement isnā€™t a threat to women, is to stop stalking, harassing and threatening us,ā€ she added

She's a hero if there ever was one. We NEED people like her to fight against this movement that is subjecting lesbians to being told they have to suck "Lady Dick" or they are then doxed online.

You never hear the trans saying that straight men just need to suck a Lady Dick now do you?

by Anonymousreply 14January 18, 2022 3:59 AM

The ENTIRE TRANS movement IS ex-gay therapy!

by Anonymousreply 15January 18, 2022 5:25 AM

What? Another white billionaire hero?

Aren't the rest of us blessed?

Especially if we're stupid ass kissers.

by Anonymousreply 16January 18, 2022 10:11 AM

A self made billionaire is far different from a billionaire who inherited all their worth.

I respect JK for her talent and her rags to riches story. And that now that she has some clout, she's using it for good.

by Anonymousreply 17January 18, 2022 7:02 PM

Next time someone says she is "transphobic," ask them to show you SPECIFICALLY what she said that is "transphobic."

And be prepare for a long wait.

by Anonymousreply 18January 18, 2022 7:06 PM

Looks better as a blonde.

by Anonymousreply 19January 18, 2022 7:56 PM

"I respect JK for her talent and her rags to riches story. And that now that she has some clout, she's using it for good."

Yes, supporting anti-gay and anti-trans bigots is really good for heterosexual and other bigots.

I'm sure the reich wing is very proud of little brown shirts like you.

by Anonymousreply 20January 18, 2022 9:35 PM

I know you're limited R20, ,but JK agreeing with someone on the insanity of trans ideology, even though that person has other opinions that might be anti-gay, does NOT make JK Rowling anti-gay.

This has already been explained t you multiple times. Stop trolling.

Unless you really ARE that stupid that you think "Oh I agree with this person on X, therefore I must agree with EVERYTHING this person thinks about every other topic in the world!

by Anonymousreply 21January 18, 2022 10:03 PM

Trans are mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 22January 18, 2022 10:09 PM

She's lucky Jill Murphy never wanted to go to court. Then the self made billionaire would have to explain why the Harry Potter and Worst Witch series (which came out in the 70's, had so many similarities)

All Jill wanted was an acknowledgment from JK as being an influence, yet JK never gave that respect to her.

Murphy passed last year.

JK's a fucking phony who has no problem erasing women who step on her turf. No pun intended.

by Anonymousreply 23January 18, 2022 10:14 PM

JK Rowling's transphobia is one of those "facts" that isn't actually a fact, but just gets repeated enough that everyone suddenly believes it is true. Every article about her these days refers to her as a transphobe, or refers to her "transphobic comments."

Social media over-reaction has basically made her transphobia a "fact," and the fact that most of the people spreading this "fact" didn't actually read her essay, is a prefect example of the problems with social media, and with our society as a whole.

HRC was untrustworthy. Why? She just was. Or because Bengazi was investigated, or "her emails." Trump was "just like us" despite being born with a silver spoon in his mouth, staked by, and bailed out repeatedly by his father, and with a long history of screwing over regular joes who worked for him.

Why bother to actually look at the real facts, though. It is much easier to just buy into whatever is trending.

by Anonymousreply 24January 18, 2022 10:17 PM

She is awesome. She dared to express the view that women should perhaps be allowed to have a vsay before womanhood was redefined to render it essentially meaningless. She stands up for a womanā€™s right not to share a prison or a rape crisis centre with a woman with a penis.

Sheā€™s been slandered for a few years now, been criticised by people who owe everything to her talent, been subjected to threats of violence and generally been treated appallingly, and she copes with it all and just keeps writing bestseller after bestseller.

Even beyond the boring Terf/TRa issues, she has given so much cash to charity that she became the first billionaire to lose that status by giving so much to charity. And she stays in the UK, paying her taxes like everyone else, not attempting evasion or heading off to Monaco. I wish we had more like her.

by Anonymousreply 25January 18, 2022 10:17 PM

[quote]been criticised by people who owe everything to her talent

They owe nothing to her. They're not entitled to defer to her for the rest of their careers.

Just as JK couldn't be bothered deferring to the female fantasy authors who helped make hers.

Karma's a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 26January 18, 2022 10:24 PM

R26, all authors are influenced by other authors. They build on the work of their predecessors. Do you blame modern thriller writers for following in the tracks laid by Poe, Wilkie Collins and Conan Doyle?

British childrenā€™s lit has a long tradition of boarding school stories, orphaned children, magicians, witches and wizards and coming-of-age stories. None of those ideas are especially modern and new, and no author has to defer to those who preceded them in those traditions. Why should they? The writers of the 20th century were themselves building on the work of those who wrote earlier.

Rowlingā€™s genius was to package those traditions in a way which made children absolutely devour books, at a time when people were talking about the death of the novel.

by Anonymousreply 27January 18, 2022 10:41 PM

R27 that lunatic is grasping at straws. "It" knows they can't really support the idea that JK is "transphobic" so they're just making up other crap equally as stupid.

by Anonymousreply 28January 18, 2022 10:44 PM

[quote]"It" knows they can't really support the idea that JK is "transphobic"

Her own words have been used by the Republican party to block an LGBTQ equal rights bill. She's also been publicly supported by Marjorie Taylor Greene, who said that teaching gay people to children constitutes child abuse. Has she commented on either? Silence is complicity.

People who aren't self-loathing gays still looking for approval from the white woman who bullied them when they were younger know who she really is. Bringing up the fallacy of her statement about "Silencing woman" while she has publicly ignored the woman who paved the way for Harry Potter only highlight her true self. The Madonna of the literary world.

by Anonymousreply 29January 18, 2022 10:53 PM

R29 you're babbling and not making any sense. Someone mis-quoting or taking someone's words out of context is not her fault.

I guess you really ARE that stupid.

by Anonymousreply 30January 18, 2022 10:57 PM

Now watch the stupidity as the trolls try to defend her silence on the Republican party blocking gay legislations using her words as support.

A voice for women, except you dirty, sinful lesbians!

by Anonymousreply 31January 18, 2022 10:57 PM

[quote]you're babbling and not making any sense

Nah, you just don't have the guts to refute anything I've said.

by Anonymousreply 32January 18, 2022 11:00 PM

Someone on this thread is seriously unhinged. Well, they have that in common with trans people in general.

by Anonymousreply 33January 18, 2022 11:02 PM

Rowlingā€™s own words:

[quote] Months later, I compounded my accidental ā€˜likeā€™ crime by following Magdalen Berns on Twitter. Magdalen was an immensely brave young feminist and lesbian who was dying of an aggressive brain tumour. I followed her because I wanted to contact her directly, which I succeeded in doing. However, as Magdalen was a great believer in the importance of biological sex, and didnā€™t believe lesbians should be called bigots for not dating trans women with penises, dots were joined in the heads of twitter trans activists, and the level of social media abuse increased.

Yep, sure sounds like she hates gay peopleā€¦

by Anonymousreply 34January 18, 2022 11:03 PM

I just bought the UK set with the newer cover designs. They're great.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35January 18, 2022 11:43 PM

[quote]Now watch the stupidity as the trolls try to defend her silence on the Republican party blocking gay legislations using her words as support.

What has JK got to do with the GOP? As far as I know, she lives in Scotland and takes issue with the Scottish / UK attempts to legislate women away. She isn't a US voter, is she?

by Anonymousreply 36January 19, 2022 12:36 AM

She looks worse.

Like Kathy Griffin & Madonna were her parents.

by Anonymousreply 37January 19, 2022 12:42 AM

R29 makes some great points that poor dumb R30 can't refute.

by Anonymousreply 38January 19, 2022 12:44 AM

R29 People who throw around the phrase "self-loathing" generally don't understand its true meaning.

by Anonymousreply 39January 19, 2022 12:48 AM

R39 is mind reader.

by Anonymousreply 40January 19, 2022 12:50 AM

My dream is to write a book series with beautiful covers like those at r35.

by Anonymousreply 41January 19, 2022 1:36 AM

Why would JKR care that politicians in a country that isn't her own are using anything she tweeted? You sound dumb, r29. You do know that Rowling worked for Amnesty International when she was young, right? She was hardly a bully as you claim. In fact her experience dealing with the trauma and fallout from atrocities around the globe shaped her worldview and highly influenced her writing. Listen to the commencement speech she gave at Harvard. Those are hardly the words of a bully as you claim.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42January 19, 2022 5:23 AM

Fuck off, R16.

by Anonymousreply 43January 19, 2022 8:52 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!